Gauntlet

Which gauntlet game is the best game? I think dark legacy is the best.

Gauntlet IV on the Genesis.

Gauntlet

2D: Gauntlet IV
3D: Gauntlet Dark Legacy
4U: :'^)

Also which class is best class and what colour?

Red hyena.
And the hidden codes were you could play as a school girl,rat warrior, ninja, or the centurion general from the battlefield

This game is fun.

Played through Dark Legacy for ps2 recently. Was fun, and I only died once, but it definitely has some issues. Playing as a Valkyrie, melee felt less effective than it should have been, but enemies spawned so quickly in the later stages that her ranged attack speed just couldn't keep up.

WELCOME, BLUE DWARF

Still love Dark Legacy as well.

Arcade Version

mfw arcade version is called Dark Legacy

Legends on N64 is pretty great, couldn't really get into Dark Legacy though I own a copy for Gamecube.

BATTER UP
green jester is master race and you don't know shit about this game if you think otherwise

Why live?

What about Gauntlet clones?

Man, it was great to be a horny 14 year old back then.

thank god, I probably wouldn't have known what hot chicks looked like otherwise.

Actually, primary sexually attractive characteristics are inherent, not learned.

Gauntlet on N64 was amazing. I leveled my green archer all the way to 99. Her ranged attack speed was fucking killer.

The 80's and 90's were peak gaming, and that's no lie. The world didn't end with Y2K but we may have been better off if it did.

I miss feminist-free times.

BLUE JESTERS WHERE THE FUCK WE AT

I only played Legends on n64 mainly, a ton when I was a kid. Very popular and was the go-to multiplayer game. Stat raising was so fun having overpowered defense/str. I know the game doesn't work on emulator, but could someone host dark legacy if it works on netplay-emulator? We could play once every few days and progress on our characters. Nobody to play with here in my lonely sphere.

I also only played Legends on 64 and since I haven't been able to play it on emulator since, I haven't been able to compare it, so its still the best.

the 1800s?

00s in general, yes.

I wish Holla Forums could get together on a Saturday night and bust out some Dark Legacy or something. Oh, well.

Ironically the newer Gauntlet is much more challenging than Legends/Legacy ever was.

Is it… fun?

Something about that and trashy low poly bikini armor girls makes me diamonds. Maybe it's nostalgia for when I was a horny 13 year old shit.

Seven Sorrows was also kind of fun, just needed more secrets and levels

I was thinking that the niglet is the best class too, besides the pharoah kangz wizard.

Only really played N64 version solo. It felt weird playing DL with friends and doing plague town first?

For cheese? Yellow Wizard for falling stones to farm dragon boss for days. For aesthetics? Blue Falconess

Horrifying

Not really. The Wizard was fun because he plays like Invoker from Dota 2. You had to mix up your spells, but you could just rely on 3 or 4 to beat the game.

No. It's really bad, and very boring. It also has disc-locked content that actually ruined the game (A playable Necromancer class everyone hated because WB games never fixed her). There's a little drama behind the game with the Slayer Edition making the new Gauntlet even shittier.

Multiplayer Gauntlet DS is super comfy.

could you elaborate on this? because I only ever see the slayer edition for sale.

yes

im curious about this, which genesis emulator is the best?

A real current year Gauntlet would just be a shitty Diablo with more manface.

Falconess, no niggers
Green, aesthetic as fuck

Green is my favourite colour too, but I also like that green dwarf looks like a slayer from warhammer fantasy.

I miss the good times.

10/10

This game runs on Windows 7 without any real problems, too.

I miss Gauntlet.

We'll never get a proper follow up to dark legacy. If they ever made one these days they'd probably remove all the hidden classes and alternate characters instead of going crazy with them.

And for the record Blue Unicorn, but mostly cause it was my first character.

in fairness a lot of the hidden characters in dark legacy play the same as the base characters. Nowadays though even just unlockable skins is a rarity.

Hidden characters really were just a furry skin for the most part, but it at least felt like getting something. That's one of the biggest disapointments of their pathetic attempt to relaunch the game. Gauntlet is already pretty bare bones so not including at least the re-skins was a major insult.

I'd much rather have them toss in tons of different skins and classes all unlocked in different ways. Like take the warrior into some toxic sludge in one level for a few seconds and become a bane-like super freak and if you get to the end of the level you unlock it. Or the archer being wrapped up in a spiders web attack for a long duration turns her into a drow.

I mean I don't think you would need to do massive changes to the character class, as much as you should give players some fun choice in exactly what they're running around as.

Blue Warrior was what I always used back in the day.

How does Dark Legacy work on Dolphin?

Dark Legacy

Green Jester

Fuck me, I wish Dark Legacy was released on Steam with netplay. I'd be so happy.

Pretty well. Sometimes the icons for items don't show up, but that's it.

Thanks going to try it later

Sound is weird and fucked sometimes, works alright.
One of the few dolphin netplay games that DOESN'T chug to death

I would buy that in a heartbeat. Particularly if they tried to go the extra miles. I'd love to have to play under Arcade rules but have to earn extra quarters rather than just hitting a key for more credits, especially if you were able to stockpile them between play sessions and use them when you're on a hot streak.

Why does God hate us so much?

There is this weird forgotten game by Raven Software called Mageslayer that's sort of Gauntlet'ish.

I just wish games like Gauntlet and Hunter the Reckoning were cool again.

Anyone with a DS/3DS and a flashcart feel like playing GauntletDS online?

So can someone host Dark Legacy on Dolphin within a few days? Count me in.

I'd be down for that later today

The original version was a shitty hub world with long ass levels that took forever to clear. They made it more like the original arcade version, but they ruined a couple of levels along with the last boss fight. Endless mode is really boring after 10 or so levels. It didn't really fix anything.

uhhhnnggg

Red Wizard nigga

Red Wizard was the most metal looking motherfucker in the game

sounds like someone getting stabbed.

I like the bear fur hes got.

Medusa is pretty hot.

you could win a T-shirt at some point.

Neat. Sorceress tits are fucking huge.

So who would be down for some Gauntlet Dark Legacy coop in an hour?

Yeah dude, I already set up the multitap on my PS2, come to Boston.

you could try the shitty RPG knock-off of gauntlet, I think it's called diablo. by some shit company that just makes free to play and cash shop games these days lol

objectively worst version of the game. arcade or xbox, don't bother with the rest.

I will be there maybe. Gotta get the rom in a bit. Do we need same dolphin versions? I'm using 5.0.

The era of comfy oldschool gaming is finally here. bd1e51 just make sure you might need to port forward or something for us to connect. When I am ready within the hour, I can play for about 2 hours.

Hope we can save our characters, ours files will be the same when it saves so it should, but if you play solo I don't know how our saves could get desynced.

I did some reading around and it looks like port forwarding is no longer a thing with most of the later version of Dolphin
But I'm running 5.0-321

I'll get that version then, its required to have same version.

58619973 is the room ID if you want to try connecting

I can upload the PS2 Dark Legacy .iso I got.

The Gamecube Chimera's boss is bugged to hell.

I remember reading somewhere one boss on dolphin would cause a freeze or something. Also we got bad desync earlier playing the first level.

Yeah the desyncing was pretty bad, gonna do some test runs with a friend and see what we can do

We got netplay to work without any desync. Just had to turn off Dual Core. Had like 15-20 fps though and audio skips. Maybe lowering buffer in the future could help, and turning resolution to native / using most current Dolphin build. We finished the third level, no saves though. Three of us.

PCSX2 does have netplay with other programs, but it's like remote play/remote access unfortunately.

green Jester reporting in

shame they arent attractive

I beg to differ.

bump. i wanna post more pics but there aren't any.

Anyone play Hammerwatch? I've been meaning to give that a try for a long time now. The developers are big Gauntlet fans.

Hammerwatch dummy.

Sorceress, her Strong projectiles penetrate multiple enemies.

Wizard rock shower only functions like that in Legends (and it may only be the N64 version). In Dark Legacy they gimped it to a single-hitting attack like everyone else's medium turbo.

And I want to penetrate her.

Its not that good

bump