Let's talk weeb games Holla Forums...

Let's talk weeb games Holla Forums, and not weeb games as in Japanese games but games made by westerners trying to ape anime aesthetic.

Currently downloading Sudeki will see if it's fun. Shogo is a really cool game that you should all check out if you like FPS.

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/08/21/fear-effect-reinvented-for-2018.aspx
archive.is/LcltJ
archive.is/K16c0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bungie were the some of the biggest turboweebs back in the day with ONI and Halo's Spartans taking more than a few nods from the Starship Troopers OVA.

You autismal man child that is the definition of weeaboo. Suck start a shotgun.

Did you miss the whole "Let's talk about weeb games" part, or are you just being retarded?

I'm sure he means weeb games by weebs rather than nip gamesthat weebs like. It isn't exactly the most articulate way to express it though.

Sorry I misread that

Good shit.

I need to finally play this shit, looks really fucking cool.

He's saying that because it appears that some anons here do not know that is, indeed, the definition of Weeaboo, so they believe talking about Jap-made games as weeaboo, such as:

And I'm glad you realized this by the time I finished typing.

I love Sudeki man. It is a pretty average game in all regards but I loved it as a kid anyway.

To apologize for my misplaced anger I recommend aragami. It's a stealth game and the characters even speak jap, but made by western devs.

I'm generally looking for games pre-2012 and this looks like some promising nostalgia fuel, especially that it was made in the early 2000's The best period for everything, including anime and video games

Shit that's quite more recent than the other games I know, thanks user I'll definitely check that out.

It has great combat. Graphics aged like shit, but the gameplay is still ace.

Anyone remember this game? It was fun for what it was and it had an anime aesthetic to it. Don't remember about the characters or the story though.

The graphics don't look that bad, stylized graphics almost never age badly.

Shadow Tactics was made by German devs. It's set in ye olde Japan, has full Japanese voice acting and a Japanese interface translation. Also some cute girls.

My first pic is not its original graphics. You need to mod it to not look like late PS1 game.

I honestly thought Shogo was a Nip game

But are they actual weebs or are we applying the reddit approved version of weeb which has become the new "nerdy"

Anyone play Black Sigil? I was looking for games to post, and I stumbled on it.
Looks pretty decent, inspired by old SNES RPGs from what I've briefly looked at.

Dunno if it counts, but I'd say Dofus/Wakfu are pretty anime/Japanese inspired. Just wish they would make something besides an SRPG MMO.
An actual single player SRPG would be great, I also think a Paper Mario inspired game would probably work well with it.

Shit is this like that old Robin Hood:The Legend of Sherwood game? You know a tactical stealh/infiltration game.

I assume the pic you posted just now is the unmodded version, honestly it still looks pretty fucking good. I think it might even have a better aesthetic than the previous pic. Looks more cartoony and less uncanny valley.

It's American mate

I really love how somewhat silly Monolith games used to be. Not a lot hit that mark without going too damn far anymore. That damn cat mission is still memorable.

Either way I'll shill this fucking game till the end of times.

I very rarely watch anime, but I watched that Starship Troopers anime on youtube. It was pretty bad. The animations look very rigid, the story is dull, the characters interact very stiffly and have cartoonishly 1 dimensional personality, and the music doesn't really fit the scenes. Is that how all anime are like? Either way the movie was a lot better.

It's pretty much Chrono Trigger but not really good at all.

Nowadays you can find a lot of them on steam. The old ones have a lot more charm though. I remember that 2.5D game on PS1 fondly but I forgot the title. It's got lesbians main characters if I'm not mistaken. Played it a few years ago, but quit due to the crappy RE-like static camera view.

Were you quoting me?

You got me interested, anyone else know what he's talking about?

How about GunMetal? Can't not be weeby with transforming aeroplanes. Speaking of, weren't there quite a few on the original Xbox? Never had one but looking over the recommended stuff it seems like it.

Fear Effect 1 and 2.

Yep, that goes to my list of games to play.

WHY FUCKING LIVE?

Good point, you should kill yourself then!

Spot on. The graphics and art direction are really good even though the gameplay is kinda outdated. Best looking PS1 cutscenes ever, maybe only rivaled by Driver 2.

They were right on this one.

The way this game looks and plays reminds me a lot of Little Big Adventure, just without all the wackiness.

I never thought it was a weeb game, but turns out you're right, thanks user.

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/08/21/fear-effect-reinvented-for-2018.aspx

Prepare for disappointment.

Just scrap the static camera, I'll be happy.

Its like a mix of ARPG/JRPG/CRPG
The setting is somewhat generic but it has some top tier atmosphere, music and design.
I remember wasting shittons of time between this, Myst and Dune 2000 as a kid.

Man I miss being a kid

It's not good. The encounter rate is stupidly high, and because of the way it's battle system works, party members can be blocked by other party members and the area geometry, making them completely useless if they don't have any magic attacks.

Septerra Core has to be mentioned, didn't even release on anything but PC.

That game is still in my backlog somehow. Gotdamn.

an Oni 2 wouldn't work since Bungie is dead and the people who made Oni and Halo are no longer with the company because of the retarded CEO.

Makes me wonder what happened to the original Bungie, I miss those weebs.

I liked Oni.
It's a shame Bungie doesn't

No, it's not a shame. It's a blessing that Oni was forgotten and left untainted.

Shiness

Patria 1/2 is a Fire Emblem clone made by westerners.

It's too bad the first game is literally hour long.
You can finish the first disc in 30 or so minutes.

Yeah, don't get anywhere near that monkey paw. She's too much of an actual stronk womyn for modern developers to handle.

Wrong.

Oni was swiping from Ghost in the Shell. For Halos case, that Starship Troopers OVA was shit and wasn't easy to come by unless you had a hookup with someone giving you VHS fansubs back in the day. It's more likely they were taking from Heinleins novel or the Veerhoven flick, and clearly stuff like the Flood was also inspired by Alien. There's also the fact the Halo was kind of a reinterpretation of Bungies own Marathon games.

Aces Wild is a damn good weeb game

Why live?

This looks like those bad Ubisoft Naruto games.

Does this count? The artwork isn't terribly anime-esque, but the actual game looks like something out of Final Fantasy.

Anachronox is definitely had its combat system modeled after JRPGS, but I think Septera Core is a better example of an anime JRPG made by westerners.

I was waiting for someone to post this. I was going to have to post it myself it you didn't. It's like american chrono trigger but not as overrated.

Westerners making an anime-influenced game is not enough to make the developers weeaboos.

Why would all anime be like Starship Troopers, or anything else? There are thousands of anime of almost every conceivable genre, topic and style, and hundreds more are made every year.

While you're right about the OVA,

You're dead wrong here. Verhoven is just a another libcuck who admitted to washing away the story's nationalist overtones and turned it into a shitty scifi comedy.

Is that reboot

Literally why. Septerra Core was unplayable garbage.

Here's /ourguy/

who?

Fucking miss that game, have never cared enough to get it working again. Pain in the fucking ass to get going on a modern OS.

I guess X-Blades counts. The game was shit, and the protagonist was obnoxious, but I would have sex with her.

No spoonfeeding for you.

Is Red Steel 2 and Shantae worth mentioning?
Also, definately Slave Zero to put alongside Shogo.

Does that still count as a weeb game?

I feel violated by politics. I need an adult
Wew.

Are the Russians Japanese?

Yeah, it kind of looks unrefined, but at least they delivered on their kickstarter. I'll give credit where it's due.

Are you implying there can't exist weeaboo Russians?

What's the consensus on this?

indie meme game of the week

Shitty meme game made by virtue signalling devs who are probably starving to death right now. Also, the protag is a dyke and so are all the "waifus".

I used to shitpost with him on the Bioware forums back when he made Mass Effect remix music videos

I also forgot to mention that it's just a glorified VN where they replace choice making with a drink mixing mechanic. There's no penalty for failing to make the correct drink or anything.

The biggest immediate problem is, like many VN's, the protagonist is completely unlikable. She has no redeeming traits.

The second biggest immediate problem is that 90% of the supporting cast also have no redeeming traits.

But it has a catgirl and a loli droid, so if it weren't for the fact that the shoehorned drink mixing minigame was completely pointless and shit and could have been replaced with a standard VN-style route dialogue option I would almost…well, no, I would still say avoid it.

No thanks.
Though it would be nice interest in Marathon increased so people would contribute to Aleph One, it's ded atm.

Got in a box that also had Shogo.

The Russians who killed themselves over Naruto point to yes.

Does Rampage count as a weeb game?

From Target in a bundle pack for like 10 bucks?

Fuck if I remember; that was back during the age of boxed screens and dialup but big money on a Value City.

The Shadow warrior reboot is beautifully weeb most of the time.

user, marathon had patrician tier arena multiplayer on top of a solid sp story. unfortunately it only got played during lunch break at Mac based companies.

Puzzle Quest 1 is a masterpiece, best match 3 versus ever made. You get addicted and rage at the cheating AI, it's like being on Holla Forums

Satan, it's an easier game than you think.

Where's the tittymonster though?

The guy you replied to is a fucking faggot though

>>>/cuckchan/

I can only recommend it if you're not into stealth games, because as a representative of the genre it is pretty insulting.

I didn't get the appeal of this game.

Then I encountered the same monster for the 3rd time.

Fucking changed the game for me.

Every god damned "puzzle quest" game after this one was just a glorfied IOS gatcha-bullshit, with NONE of the stuff that made the first game great

so it was very true to the shitty source material

The first one even had branching storyline with subquests that you could irrecoverably fail.

There was that Tasukete Tako or whatever that that one frog made just recently

Relax, autismo.

Where you see autism I see mild retardation and millenial faggotry. I won't associate with someone that barely functional nor enjoy it.

for "weeb" games these games sure are unappealing for anyone with good taste.

Apparently he's an SJWeeb, too:

archive.is/LcltJ
archive.is/K16c0

Reboot looks better.

I used to wank to the ads for this. Only ever played the demo though.

Same, but I got it on a magazine disc and used the coverage in that magazine. Never got far at all because I used to suck incredibly hard at any game that wasn't turn based or an RTS.

I actually thought it was okay, but unfortunately the devs are /a/nons that turned into SJWeebs. Hanging around the commie cartel on twitter seems to do that to people, it killed the fansub community.

Did mod do it?

Better put all optional stat upgrades on the spiky-haired boy character, because only he alone would fight the last boss.

emergency bump

my niggler

The PLAYERS of Jap games are weeaboos
The DEVELOPERS of japanese-styled western games are weeaboos.

Ironically I don't think the players of japanese-styled western games count as weebs.

git gud