==Mirage: Chivalry with magics - for free==

If anyone is interested, this game is free right now until tomorrow.
Not free as in free weekend, but a price of 0.00$
It's basically Chivalry, but with some magics.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/44UOe
refactor.jp/chivalry/?country=US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tell me more mr shill

It doesn't even look that good.

Forgot the link:
store.steampowered.com/app/368420/Mirage_Arcane_Warfare/

It's literally free, if you register it now you never have to pay a single shekel to play.

Sure, except you still have to have (((Steam))).

Thanks Mr. Shill.

kek that sure tanked hard.

Not even battleborn was this much of a failure. 95% of its (extremely small) launch playerbase gone after one month.

Yes but is it fun?
Is it worth the bandwidth to download it?

Considering what Chivalry turned into which was just a game to see who could ballet dancing around with exploits the best I am guessing no.

If this game had the community, could it be _fun_?

chivalry ended up having pretty stupid rules for melee. i imagine melee isnt the focus of this game and rather a combined arms approach, but how does the melee hold up?

What. How is it, how does the combat flow, is there directional blocking and techniques?

wew
Try to refund. See if it works.

played this for an hour, it's absolutely awful, i can't believe they were charging 30 dollars for this and actually got sales

maybe the flood of negative reviews will make them realize it needs work

don't lie, you were never good at it.

you havent played it

It's like Chivalry but even more boring

Listen, I appreciate that a lot of you Holla Forums guys feel empowered to join the rest of us in civil society now that papa bear Trump is telling you it's okay. But let me send you a message: This is a blip. A temporary intifada. I know it feels good to have your worst instincts validated but don't be fooled. Use this opportunity now that you are out of your parents' basement to meet a few people that aren't like you. You are afraid. We are not.

I see what you did tharr

Nigger come on, you think people won't recognize that?

I did play it, you are not good at it unless you know these "exploits". You are most likely just a scrub who thought he was good.

2/10 bait. Keep at it and you might actually be good at this one day.

Just played a single match. Here's my GameJournoPro review
>Because of the lag and the slow as fuck everything attacks miss constantly

sounds like chivalry alright

Nah. I've played Chivalry and enjoyed my time with it. This shit feels SLOWER than Chivalry.

Can you use them? No. Why? Because you suck. You really think everyone else sucks? You are the one that sucks. Your noob tactics may work against newbies, but when you face a real enemy you get destroyed and then you complain on Holla Forums about it.

still you can defeat knights whit 2 handed swotd if you are good as a men at arm and use a mace or a staff (people who use that exploit tends to just swing arround the sword until the are out of stamina, jou can kick them there and leave them vunerable), the problem is that after you kill that knight there will be other armoured faggot swinging his sword at your back and kill you.

There is a reason why some people always end up first place whenever they play while everyone else eats dick.

You can jump off walls which is cool but there's no fun in this game. I'm really not sure what I was expecting but it's just not fun. There's nothing neat or cool to do in there.
I'm so confused where is the fun?

It does, since quite a while now
they added a bunch of new abilities

I'm a chivalry veteran that was in the beta, there were lots of crashes related to ragdolls and blood stains so turn those to a minimum.
As disgusted as I am saying this, the tl;dr of this game is, it's overwatch and chivalry.
Everyone is more interested in Mordhau or overwatch than they are interested in Mirage which is no surprise why Mirage tanked pretty hard.
TB removed kicks and taps, but drags still exist.
The maps for Mirage that I've seen in the beta were pretty small and had some tight corridors.
a good portion of what this guy says is just about true, if one guy with 250 ping shows up in your server, get him out of there because he'll only drag the server down.
yes, this can be alleviated by turning up your sensitivity in the options but turning so that you can land your strikes is even more sluggish
yes also
spawns are about the same as they are in any team deathmatch server on chivalry deadliest warrior, the game tries to put your team's spawn at the nearest location that doesn't have enemies.
everyone has some kind of mobility, defensive, offensive, or specialty spell depending on the class

if you call 1 new ability for 4 of the existing classes "a bunch of new abilities" that's pretty disappointing
it's still mostly choose from 6 abilities

Played it for an hour and I still feel ripped off. What the fuck were the Chivalry dudes thinking?

what a fanboy

It's shit.

We had this same thread yesterday
nobody wants to play your "feminist" garbage. Fuck off.

Chiv fag here, played with a friend, it really isn't that good. Really is a question of how long I keep it installed. Mordhau will be better hopefully.

Fucking hell, I played the BETA. It pissed me right the fuck off. I can usually pick up a new multiplayer game and learn it easily, but holy fuck this shit was stupid. You moved and attacked like you just ate 15 fucking pot brownies and downed 20 cans of beer it was so clunky and slow. The only thing that decided whether or not you won was just based off of how many people could gang up against a lower number, or who could spam their shitty abilities the best.

I wanted to like it. I fucking loved the gore and how people's characters reacted to getting their arms and legs chopped off and having their muscles and tendons severed, screaming, coughing up blood, gurgling and choking on body fluids, etc. But sadly it was shit and not fun at all. I'm not even a Chivfag, but I gotta say that this was a horrible introduction into the genre.

TL;DR It's shit. Not worth the bandwidth or your hard drive space.

They went up from 8 concurrent players to 40k players and even peaked past their launch peak today. That's a pretty successful free for a day campaign.

The Gladiator update added 3 new abilities
archive.is/44UOe

No wonder this game and Chivalry died. Exploits are not features, they are fucking exploits, especially when they make it so you cannot defend at all against them.

Long enough to see this thread then watch the trailer and uninstall it while it is downloading.

If you can't be a fat dick Knight telling people to "Come Hither" then I don't give a fuck.

Chivalry is doing fine. Released in 2012 and still being played. You can launch it any time and you'll always find people to play with. A game is not dead because you stopped playing it.

user I have news for you. That isn't a lot of players and the vast majority of those either play on the private no fun allowed or PvE servers. The rest of the game is frankly dead.

1k people a day is more than enough to chose from.

lol

Did you even read my post you stupid nigger? It's not if you are unable to play any of the game's basic gamemodes.

Yes, you make stupid claims without providing any prove.

refactor.jp/chivalry/?country=US
Gee sure is a lot of players playing isn't it?
Stop before you sound even more retarded.

empty and password protected servers are hidden, yet I still find plenty of servers to play on. Next time you claim some bullshit at least prove some kind of prove.

Thanks for proving my point faggot.

Free game is free, I guess. Not sure if I'll even play it though. Just like the others I got for free.

providing what? There is a duel server, ffa server and even a LTS server if you are into that shit. What exactly do you want to play but can't because of lack of players?

Err user, you just kind of proved him right? There isn't really an official server in that lineup that is populated that you can play unless you are 0-15.

Same here. I mostly just get games for free and I've barely played half of them. Older games are just far more appealing to finish at the moment.

That alone killed most of their playbase.
I had a friend that tried Chivalry.
I kept sniggering at him because I already tried it once. Took 5 minutes to hear him say "What the fuck, he didn't even touch me, how am I dead?"

The thing about exploits is that they're meta-knowledge. You either know about it and abuse it, or you don't know about it and lose.
If it's an intented mechanic and the game tells you about it, all players are on a level playing-field. If it's some obscure mechanic or glitch you had to experiment with to find out, most people will not discover. They'll just be puzzled on how other players can consistently pull of shit that shouldn't be possible.

A better example is the numerous clipping errors in TF2 maps (that have thankfully been mostly fixed).
On some of the maps, you could jump on some obstacles and "exit" the map. Or rather, find yourself behind a wall that has no textures on your side. You can't go throught it, but you can see through. This leads to players picking engie and slapping a sentry there. The sentry is invulnerable (attackers can't shoot throught the wall, but the senty can fire throught the wall with no problem.
Happened mostly on payload maps and it halted the game completely because noone could do anything about the sentry.

Did this require skill? Not at all: press space two or three times in the right place and place a dispenser for infinite metal. Bam, you're in.
Most people got Chivalry to play a game about swinging sword and having swords swung at them. They instead got a game where 1/10th of the player base found an exploit and abuse it to feel superior and skilled.
For the record: I can pull it off with no problem, but it's fucking retarded, makes the game too easy and I frankly don't want to contribute to the cancer that is "exploit or lose". That's why I stopped playing.

If you are this blind at this point you are frankly retarded. The only one of those that are populated that isn't restricted is one FFA that's full and a AUS one. So out of about 400 people playing the game you alleged only about 50 in total are playing as it is meant to be. Rest of it is dead.

The game has cards, 40k players was mostly because of that

nice reading comprehension you stupid fucking nigger, try again

The objective of every game is to win so naturally people will do anything to win. This is why cheaters exist. This is why high ranked players buy/rent accounts from low ranked players to stomp low level games.

You are all so salty. What makes you think that the people who spin around are not having fun? You are the one getting shit on, you are the only one not having fun.

The fact that the whole game revolves around a bugged mechanic that gives an unfair advantage to those who use it is a big turn off for many.

This tbh
who are you to say spinning around like a retard to hit you through guard being part of the meta is not fun for them?

It's shit
>replaces them with generally dull spells literally the only fun thing I found was the blinks, everything else is either an extra attack or a projectile
>THE GAME FUCKING CRASHES ON AMD GPUS IF YOU DON'T SET IT TO POTATO GRAFIX, FORGOING THE GORE THAT WOULD HAVE MADE ANY OF THE ABOVE EVEN CLOSE TO RESEMBLING FUN
For a game that's basically Overwatch meets Chiv, it's amazing how there's less personality to the characters than either one.

Forgot to mention that there's also even less differentiation between teams, since unlike in Chiv they are now truly mere palette swaps instead of swapped models and VO.

chivalry: dragging-fainting warfare was already shit. just wait for Mordhau or Butterlord.

You ever saw some Mordhau gameplay? It's basically Chivalry with slower movement. Accelerated drags still exist in that game.

from what i saw it looks a bit different from chiv with warband-like combat. can you point out where the dragging is? and if it has it then i'm gonna drop it.

You got two sets of attacks. You can either attack like you do in chivalry, which allows you to accelerate attacks or you use the new system where you drag your attacks using your mouse. Go to twitch or youtube and search for Slasher.

they've hit all the meme stances but they've even managed to fuck those up

just gonna save my money for butterlord then

If you want to spin around like a retard and win you should go play Sonic or something. You don't seem to get that a lot of people were invested in the game when it was being played as intended. Once exploits came out and the devs turned a blind eye the majority of players that wanted "Brutal Medieval Combat" were stuck with "Jump Spins and Exploding heads" or they were just fucked.
It's like if the entire community of your favorite game got replaced over night by obnoxious furries who just sit in spawn and ERP. They have absolutely no interest in playing the game you fell in love with so even though the game is technically still there the same as always, no one is going to play by the rules that made It fun to begin with.

As someone who has been playing since Age of Chivalry, it's a bit sad to see.

i'm gonna pirate it if it has DRM tbh

steam is drm, fam

you mean the rules that made it fun for you. Everyone else is having fun. Also if you hate dragging so much, it's somewhat fixed in DW since your attack deals less damage at the end and start of the animation.

Yeah, the rules that made it fun for me and everyone else who played at the time. What don't you get about what I'm saying? Saying things like "Everyone is having a great time literally no one dislikes the new meta but you" is starting to sound dangerously like shill tactics, my friend.

you sound like the kind of faggot that defends peoples right to complain when you put a huntsman arrow through their friendly faggot asses

I love to see all these flops trying to cash in the latest trend instead of doing their own thing like they fucking should.
Too bad Blizzcucks bought the OG TF2 copycat cancer.

Tornbanner are shitty devs anyway and couldn't support their game decently after 6 months, fucking up update after update.
Only bugs, unbalances and unfun through and through.
I was expecting something substancial and different after the History Channel Warrior gimmick DLC they add.
Instead they give out this piece of DLC tier trash full of Twitch and CRAPCUNTS/ASSFAGGOTS pandering that was DOA just like Battleborn and Lawbreakers were.

Maybe now they'll pour all the shekels they got with the OG game into something decent.
Probably not though

This thread has more posters than game has players.

I don't think that this shit is in anyway related to Overwatch. They worked on that game for 3 years now, was overwatch even a thing back then? Abilities and cartoonish design are not a new thing.