X4: FOUNDATIONS

is this the true rebirth or more shite?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The previous thread died for a reason, user. There's nothing to talk about and I doubt more than 10% of people here play these games.

Just how out of touch can you be? Try

Holla Forums doesn't feel like it has 2700 concurrent users.

It's concurrent ISPs you goddamn retards.

Check the front page

8ch.net/index.html

Also if the board only had 2,700 posters than the website would be slower than Endchan.

Should I pirate it?

From the video it's quite clearly Rebirth 2.

let's speed the engine up and then bloat the fuck out of it again with lense flare and bloom

I'm happy this is coming out cause its looking like all the good shit from Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen minus the bullshit, mixed in with the deeper mechanics of the X series (and it looks like they incorporated elements from some of the x3 mods)

I'll also be able to pirate this one

If experience with Egosoft had taught you anything you'll wait until there have been at least a dozen patches.

X3AP still has some game breaking bugs tho. Some times you just randomly explode when going through a gate with any M1-3.

So I'm guessing you never played their first game BTF?

But yeah, Egosoft games tend to be smoother with a couple of patches. At the very least, they're not one of those pump and dump devs who just abandon their games after release. I think they just released a patch to their games recently too, if I remember the previous newsletters correctly.

looks interesting.

I played X3 it was pretty enjoyable though I wasn't really sure if there was a story or not. Star Point Gemini was free a while ago so I picked that up but I haven't had a chance to play it much

I played X2 (think it was 2) briefly about 4 years ago. It was a very interesting "unique" experience. It didn't grab me though, it was like a massive world but I was the only thing in it that mattered and I didn't have motivation to explore, mostly because it was a hassle to explore and there were quests to do. This looks a bit easier to get into and I am not the hardcore type for this kind of thing, so that's good for me I guess, if I were to buy and play this, which I probably won't.

Also had a good chat with 2 guys in Wurm half a year ago, they were X3 enthusiasts with tons of hours in. I bet one of you guys posting here are the ones I spoke with.
Good times lads.

I've played a game called X2 or whatever on steam
its too questy and autistic for me
pirate x3 albion prelude
and if you like it buy it
lemme see which I got
The X series are good but fatally flawed in many ways
the x series is good every other game tbh
yea I have X2: The Threat
whats the X
x2 wasnt that good tbh
even i havent touched it
X:Beyond the Frontier, X2 The Threat, X3 Reunion etc
x3 albion prelude is the best of them all in the series so far
oh is that an actual game then
alright lads, bed time for me
x3 terran conflict comes second
night awolf
Thet feel so grand and there's so much potential but the AI is suidical
this is why you mod it mcbastard
And managing a fleet is impossible
>managing a fleet is impossible
Nah I've had my fill of em
you are not autistic enough mah friend
They kill themselves on every jump gate like a fucking bug zapper
have you modded the game yet?
modding solves AI problems by far
especially collisions
I played the cunts when they came out
Cannie go back
protip:one of the mods you should definitely is the pirate guild mod
it makes playing as a pirate way more enjoyable and profitable
u have all played x3 albion? How
X games are semi-popular series of space games
3 was shite
and everything thereafter
in x3 you can literally make your own factory complexes that have various products like space weed, missiles, computer components etc
>3 was shite
you wut m8?
albion prelude literally fixed all the flaws previous installations had
Granted prelude was passable
hmm, I don't remember much about X2, you were in prison or something, take on missions, fun to dock ship
and terran conflict wasnt bad either
There;s a whole hell of a lot of 'not bad' out there as it is
x3 reunion was buggy as fuck but it had some fun mechanics
Freelancer
Also Freespace
what pissed me off royally was fucking x rebirth
i was so fucking hyped
Oh yeah
and it turned out to be a space grandma simulator
ha
hopefully they will restore the series with x4 which is under development

Fast forward 6 months and here we are at x4. Well, may as well give it a try anyway, I need another dose of autism in a new world.

Small world. X3TC with xtended is best Xgame

Should I jump back on wurm, I haven't checked back in a while. I want to do an adventure again, missed the dragon hunts i'm sure last week.. its just boring since I'm only useful as a plate smith. Yea, its fun to look back through the logs and remember the fun things we discussed.

They're promising the right things this time, and even X rebirth is far less of a trainwreck compared to its state at launch. If it actually delivers, I'll play the hell out of it. Egosoft still seems to have some strange ideas about what people might enjoy as gameplay, though.

At least it will actually come out, unlike a certain other upcoming space game. And it will probably have more actual content than elite dangerous, albeit the actual gameplay of flying ships likely won't be anywhere near as enjoyable.