The new game from the chivalry devs will be free for a single day on steam tomorrow...

The new game from the chivalry devs will be free for a single day on steam tomorrow. Redeem it and you can keep it forever.

steamcommunity.com/games/368420/announcements/detail/1452830226782492235

Other urls found in this thread:

brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/30/peak-peek-pique/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's cool, but I'm not sure if I really give a shit.

Hey thanks for the heads up. Had fun playing this and enjoyed it for what it was but I'd never pay for this shit

Looks like shit, and considering how Torn Banner fucked up Chivalry it doesn't surprise me that it's dead.

christ, no wonder they are giving it away. That's deader than battleborn.

Is that the game that flopped harder than memebreakers?

Wow. That doesn't bode well, does it? I can't recall anyone talking about it after release and not even Holla Forums has had much to say about it.

I don't give a fuck.

Forced gender equality in this game aside, something about listen to gargling female screams makes me uncomfortable.

The what?

They did the stupid gender parity thing lots of devs are doing these days. Like half the classes have to be female, or half the civ leaders in civ etc. for no reason.

Why not just make class not gender locked.
Is that too hard?

I didn't even know it was out

Speaking of dead games. I had to check how Lawbreakers is doing. Currently it's at 262 at it's 24 hour peak, 148 currently playing. It's only been out a little less than a month and it's already this dead.

I don't really care, it's magical sword fighting they can do what they want.

Yes.

Apparently. The thief class is like the chick from 1001 Arabian Nights, but the tank class is also a stick thin woman with a spear and shield. That, paired with the over the top death shrieks, just kills some of fighting.

So they are lazy pieces of shit AND cucks bending over to feminists?
Yeah I'm not touching it even for free.

I don't think anyone forced them to make half the cast women. Give them shit for being lazy sure, but they are allowed to design the characters how hey want.

Fair enough, but given the current situation chances are they deliberately made stronk womyn to avoid criticisms from SJWs, but this is just a theory.

Really, we should hate them for being shit devs who abandoned Chiv to make failed licenced tie-ins and then leaving their game a bloated mess.

and im free to not like they shit for it

Indeed you are.

Looking on twitter the game seems to have an odd following of people who deny that the game is dead, I guess some people can't see that they are sinking until the water is up to their necks.

could always be worse

I'm glad you guys sorted this out in a civilised and well mannered way.

A resounding victory for freedom of speech.

Can anybody go into detail for this, its peaked my interest.

the word you are looking for is piqued.

Everybody would rather play Chiv.

Torn Banner's claim to fame is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. At the time, it was really the only one of its kind, a 1st person melee combat game with a fairly complex fighting system.
Eventually, due to changes of how the combat system worked, strategies involving abusing the camera and movement system become unhitable and unblockable dominated all high level play. On top of this, cosmetic dlc was super overpriced, new weapons were overpowered, and old ones never got rebalanced, and a couple classes became useless.
Instead of fixing any of this, Torn Banner decided to make a Deadliest Warrior spin off of Chiv. It was even more unbalanced and terrible, and died off quickly, even with big celeb promotions and Youtube whoring. Mirage is their next attempt at a 1st person combat game, and their community said, fuck you, we will just play the busted piece of shit we have rather than another cash grab that you will support even less.

Should've been more specific. How did Torn banner faggots fuck up chivalry?

"abusing the camera and movement system"

You're talking about players increasing the sensitivity to become, 1080 turn top blades of death right? Yeah that was pretty fucking shit, made the game some what shit.

There's also the blade/maul uppercut, where by crouching and looking up you can hit a guy with the overhead on really slow swinging weapons like the maul and the flamberge in a fraction of the time it would take for even a thrust.

Yeah. I really enjoyed my time with the game, and got pretty good. But slaughtering new players with techniques like that never felt as satisfying as picking apart heavily armored knights as an MaA. After it became the standard mode of playing, I dropped the game hard.

It was definitely good in the beginning, bought copies for four friends. They mostly ever played first person shooters for multiplayer. I actually took this game kind of serious, because its combat with different ways of attacking, and fainting. My friends got pissed off easily at this game. I sucked ass when it came to call of shitty, or other mainstream garbage. But in this game they fucking feared me. They got so salty they stop playing after 2 weeks of its unforgiving combat. Thanks assholes! The one game I was alright at, besides Dank Souls, and you all quit for League Of Faggots.

Since this tread is about free shit
anyone want this Steam key for the Sniper ghost warrior trilogy

Y
V
-
L
N
I
-
Z
V
M
X

Holy shit I thought you were fucking around. Why user? I kinda want to give it back now. Feel like I stole something.

Don't feel bad for me I got the key for 2 bucks and then found out I already had them in my steam library.
So rather then the key be forgotten forever i'd rather just give it away.

Well thanks user. Your kindness makes me want to put a steam key on here too.

Bought this game on launch. Its a shame what happened to it honestly. I like it but I dont think even giving it away for free is gonna save it.

Did this game have any marketing at all? First time seeing it

As bad as Brown and Bloom was, this trend is surprisingly and genuinely worse.

They had totalasscancer do a few streams on it. I think I'll givit a try, nothing good to play atm anyway

Damn! Steam got rid of gift to inventory. How the hell can I put a steam code on v/?

Nigga how the hell did you drop 30 bucks on this shitshow

Use an image editor to make it into something like a captcha so bots don't take it.

This fucking sucks. Not sure if anybody would've enjoyed this but, i have to find another way. I'm ignorant to this shit.

Wait, the Chivalry devs made a new game? How the hell did I not know this? I really enjoyed my brief time with Chivalry. The only thing about it that pissed me off was the forced FXAA. Now that was a shitty trend from developers that I'm glad is dead.

Is this game any good, but lacking in players? Or is it lacking in players because it isn't good?

When it launched i didnt know it would turn out to fail this spectacularly. I was disappointed by For Honor and craved some melee action online game so I bought it and actually had fun with it. The artstyle is shite though so i think that repelled many people

I quit playing because of the terribly optimized game. Ran like shit. Went through a 550 ti and a 970 and still never had consistent framerate. Did have lots of fun in the game when it worked though. Combat abuse was rampant.

does it have lootboxes too?

Mark is a playable character?

he is a wizard to boot

brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/30/peak-peek-pique/

You're like the fucking retards that keep making shitty excuses for why they're too stupid to understand why the expression is "couldn't care less" and not "could care less".

He's not even amusingly fat, he's just a regular disgusting fat fuck. Why does he exist?

free period has begu-
Welp, that's one more for the backlog pile I guess.

>>>Holla Forums

I'll give them shit for being colossal fuckups that should bow out of the gamedev thing entirely and go and get real trades. It's obvious that the limited success they enjoyed with chivalry happened by more by accident and circumstance than any concerted effort or vision on their part. A real developer wouldn't have considered it such a momentous task to patch the game that was and probably is still making all of their goddamn money.

I'm dual-booting and most of my games run natively on Linux. The remaining Windows exclusives just werk in Wine, except for a few DX11 titles and Pathologic Classic HD, and I get better compatibility with 2007-era and older vidya than Windows 10 cucks.

Then you have no reason not to play the game as you have and can run windows, you blogposting nigger.

He never said he wasn't going to play it faggot, learn to read.

GOG has better giveaways

Don't worry user. I do appreciate the link and the correction. As someone whose first language isn't English and only sees English through the internet, this is very appreciated as I don't see this word that commonly

Who thought that this game was a good idea? I mean Chivalry was fun but this? Come on.

Holy shit…

I want normalfags to leave

I take that back. Its overwatch with white people

Fuck off normofaggo

Did I miss it?

nevermind

I bought that game, totally not worth it.

Not yet, but I bet those will be added considering they sell skins in chivalry

this looks so fucking boring.

Well I mean, if you didn't like chivalry than this is clearly not the right game for you because this is basically a worse version of chivalry. The problem with this game is that it is badly balanced. Out of all their games MW is the best one, DW was also badly balanced but at least fun to play. Mirage is simply unplayable. The combat just sucks, and so do the abilities. In Chivalry your weapon matters, in Mirage you just chose the one that looks best.

Man at Arms "pros" are some of the scummiest faggots ever. They do the most retarded camera and facehugging exploits ever. They cancel their stab halfway, spin around magically and get you from the back of the neck because lol latency+hitbox. Fuck high tier play in Chivalry. From what I remembered playing in 2013, after rank 45 you see scummy faggy people.

The weapon goes through you and hits your back. You do a 180 spin and block it. Everything can be dealt with if you want to.