Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc
pastebin.com/dTCRqZuN
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, September 5th

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!p7YVRBoI!evBN-EVUswxQjHAErcjrdnx08moTsNqTWbVpK8-3j6I
mega.nz/#!1qgRBAwS!kiupEqOZEUgIE2fA_CkOGqepgIYtyoArDNjaFD84jMw
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-5th-of-september-2017.1042506/
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_CJOMppa3LYVWR1NTVyUS1hYUU/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_CJOMppa3LYaVptZXNBeGFKVVk/view
archive.fo/mST0I
inconvenienthistory.com/8/3/4172
research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/goeb60.htm
hitler.org/writings/Mein_Kampf/mkv2ch02.html
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/historical-immersion-project.845/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Argentina is white

Yesterday I began the playtesting phase of my HIP edits; played as Huddan of Alania.
So far so good, should be ready for release soon enough.

Here are some fun moments. Later on, Shirvan declared a punitive jihad on my ass for taking Varachan (Daghestani Caspian coast) and like 4 months in Georgia suddenly joined my side, it was funny because they had like 15k troops and I was already beating the shit outta Shirvan.

What's with the ugly interface?

Based

What do you mean? It's always looked this way ever since v2.4something.

It hasn't been the first time. Once someone even wrote down "general". They don't want the pic that labels them as a not welcome culture.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Someone else made a thread using the cuckchan pic as an op picture.

I bought Vicky 2 at a flea market a couple days ago
Unopened for only two bucks.
Any tips before I start playing?

I checked their archive, they were discussing moving here because the mods started shutting down their braindead shitposting.

Really? I pirated the latest version of the game and the character screen looks like this for me.

Are you a double agent?

Yes, this is the correct character screen. Are you using mods or something? Maybe

CK2+
mega.nz/#!p7YVRBoI!evBN-EVUswxQjHAErcjrdnx08moTsNqTWbVpK8-3j6I

HIM
mega.nz/#!1qgRBAwS!kiupEqOZEUgIE2fA_CkOGqepgIYtyoArDNjaFD84jMw

Both are current. Enjoy, piratefags!

Oh that was me, I made that thread, I hadnt saved the one from our gsg so I took the liberty to borrow theirs.

I'd actually care too if the Carstein Vampire opinion modifiers didn't mean you could commit treason and get away with it.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-5th-of-september-2017.1042506/
New EU4 development diary. tl;dr controlling 33% of a trade node as a muslim spreads islam (and that only works for islam) and you can choose a policy for trade nodes such as giving combat bonus or spy network speed.

Asking the question from the old thread again: what happens if a brigade revolts while on a ship?

If turks are kebab, would shia turks be shishkebab?

Europe has literally lost in the current war against Islam. There is a mini-series on British tv called "The State" and it is basically ISIS recruitment material.

Some should add the Concert of Europe Mod to the OP, it's pretty good and it's getting updated regularly.

What UI mod are you using?

Paradox is literally incapable of changing the game in a way that doesn't make whatever they changed absurdly overpowered. Orthodox is completely ridiculous right now and it looks like this will make it so Islam doesn't even need missionaries or missionary strength to convert provinces.

Just from that description alone they're making it sound like ISIS is some kind of group of rebelling teenagers with emotional issues.

What is HIM?

It'd be nice if every country/culture had the same rules and gained advantages through historical events, geography and population.

Also, wasn't Orthodox OP when this game first came out?

How do I reduce corruption?

That would be much more complex than Paradox could ever handle, much more than the pop system.

Then it must be something contained in HIP. Back in 2.4.6 it also looked this way, but I also used HIP.

It's the historial immersion project UI
good mod retarded design choices

My inability to not be a retard. It's HIP.

So that's why India is Islamic.

It's not anymore about specific mechanics as much as that it's not obvious how each modifier is applied.

I'm currently playing what is probably my first succesful Zunbil ironman game.
The Shia pretender in the Abbasid caliphate was actually succesful for once which helped me a lot because they were in constant warfare with them and because of that conquered a quarter of their realm.
I actually won a holy war against the Abbasids because of a possible bug(?) that makes your allies keep fighting wars even if the alliance breaks down during the war itself. I had an alliance with the Abbysians because I had betrothed my cousin to their ruler and they had conquered the entirety of Eastern Africa at that point. It also helped that the Abbasids were fighting a huge revolt.
Some interesting things I encountered on the map were a christian Berber duke, a Germania blob that ruled most of Western Europe and will probably declare war on the Ummayads soon, a Germanic pagan blob and a large zoroastrian Pecheneg who is currently at war with some muslims in the north and could potentially be a great future ally.

Zunbils itself, it's nothing impressive of course but I'm just glad that I haven't been reduced to a single province. Already won the war in the screenshot and supressed a buddhist revolt, for some reason my chief diviner can't proselytize anymore, when I click on it I just get a gray map.

I think the faggots who weren't going to read it will take the b8 anyway so might as well post already.

The trade system became stupid when trade leagues became what they are and production money was separate, which was because supply/demand became irrelevant, because you can actually keep track of demand by adding up development but it's too hard. So let's give trade companies to Muslims too, that will fix it.

In M&T?

Same as always, paying it off.

Reduce the rate at which you gain corruption by revoking the privileges of your estates.

However, corruption isn't that bad in M&T. You have plenty of mana, and corruption naturally ticks down the more you have, like when you have negative prestige, so the higher it is the faster it decreases automatically until it reaches a resting point with your monthly corruption gain. See the Corruption: -0.96, that's your corruption automatically going down. I'd recommend bribing all of your estates constantly with favors that increase corruption, and using their good will to revoke privileges and get manpower/money from them. Having 30-40 corruption is just fine so long as you have decent rulers thanks to disinheriting the shit ones, and eventually when all the privileges are revoked you'll be OP.

Not really. Islam and Christians were all pretty balanced.

build liquor factories and make an ebin gross germania blob

Encourage bureaucrats til you have 4% of them in every province you own, don't build factories in the beginning, the optimal army consists of 4 infantry, 4 arty, 1 engineer and one cav, start as Japan or Prussia because they're easy and broken as fuck. If you're playing Prussia, start influencing your neighbor countries also look up the tutorials in the OP. War doesn't work as it does in other Paradox games so be sure to make clear what you want to achieve before you start justifying. Don't keep monarchy as your form of government, switch to Landed Voting if you start to get more and more rebellions. Forgot to include, as a first technology take medicine then take the one that gives you the ability to build engineers and then put shit into education or money if you need it.

The best advice is to mod.

You'd think Marxists would like a Trotskyist atheist.

Fucking paradox man, modding can be so frustrating with their shitty games.

(checked)
I already had an idea of playing Japan and establishing Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere, but I don't know if this is the right game for that.
My other idea was to play US and go Manifest Destiny to the max, taking Cuba and Northern Mexico for my own.

Had sage on from another thread. Apologies.

New to these games, why won't my ally Great Britain FUCKING DO ANYTHING to help me?
I first blamed it on island AI so I switched targets to them since I thought it would be easy to dance circles around them but holy fucking shit, they immediately smartened up and wrecked my country. What's happening here?

this is eu4

Did you request help from them?
Also,
This might be your problem.

Yeah, I did. My other allies are helping me adequately. It's just fucking great britain.

i conquered GB as ireland by allying france castille and burgundy
the ai only attacks england if you massively outnumber them

EU4 AI is just shit unless you're dealing with the Ottomans.

a shitty finnish metal band

no, those were the romanian turks

Thank you both for brightening my day.

Revoke estate privileges (tends to cost you stability, but don't worry, the AI is getting its shit pushed in too by corruption). Also, the game is balanced for not spending any money on rooting out corruption, or so the tooltip says.

Well, still going pretty good so far, I own 3 of the 5 holy sites and will soon conquer the 4th one since the Taids own them. I'm trying to convert the Hindu one in the east right now to prevent a revolt. I also became king of Afghanistan.
The Abbasids are actually not much of a threat to me anymore, they did declare a holy war on me but the only province they got from it was some muslim heresy anyway so they could keep it. The Shia caliphate is still going strong and I fear a holy war with them since I have to get closer to them to get the holy site.
The other thing I'm afraid of are the Mongol and Turkish hordes, I set their date of appearance to random so they're probably going to fuck me up on the worst possible moment.

Do it, in Vanilla it's completely achievable as Japan since you get cores on the entirety of Manchuria.

You're really new to these games aren't you?

I ALWAYS FOUND THESE GAMES SILLY VS MED2 TW.

The anglo cries out in pain as it strikes you.

L O L

yeah but he said women weren't funny.

I miss Hitchens so much. I didn't always agree with him, but he was a class of thinker that has been totally replaced with the moronic twitter hivemind.

Lel

When did Paradox start turning to shit? I believe that the first signs of decay were visible in CK2, despite it being much better than the games which succeeded it.

EU3, HoI3, V2 with all DLCs (though discounted due to age) are priced at around 40 € on Steam. CK2 is priced at seven times that and will grow further.
Not as bad as EU4, but Islam is still by far the easiest religion to play.
Piety and prestige are useless except for very few cases: tribals, muslim invasions and forming custom kingdoms/empires. Most technologies are useless.
All the troop types and military technology are pointless when most fights are still decided by the number of troops. Most retinues aren't really better than levy troops. Attrition is almost always irrelevant, and so the best 'strategy' is to group all you have into a blob and kill as many enemies as you can. Also, naval combat doesn't exist at all.
Why is piety useless? Because the clergy is useless. They're not a factor in politics, which is very historically inaccurate. When taking a decision in CK2, you never once consider them. The Pope has a tiny amount of influence, usually consisting of declaring crusades for random pieces of land and maybe excommunicating someone. The Council of Cardinals is more or less a mini-game, because by the time that you can appoint your own Pope, you can already do everything you could want. The burghers are also irrelevant. The Italian and German communes never existed for Paradox, except trading republics which are still not as important as they were historically.
Part of this is because CK2 is not written from a perspective that is trying to be part of the setting. It's mostly written from the perspective of smug liberal Swedes looking back at their 'unenlightened' times. This shows especially in a distorted 'Game of Thrones' view of a world full of murderers, constant intrigue, widespread incest (which for Catholics was illegal up to the seventh degree, while in CK2 first cousins can marry) and homosexuality. Or with how certain event chains are written, like the 'witchcraft' one. A few lunatic women in your court are accused of witchcraft, and the choice is between imprisoning them and tipping your royal fedora at the 'bigots'. If you make the perfectly rational and justifiable choice of imprisoning these obviously crazy women, the game then tells you that a mob killed your wife for being a 'witch'. She had mostly good traits, and there was no reason at all to accuse her of witchcraft. This isn't the game responding logically to your inputs. This is the game standing up and saying 'UHH SWEETY THAT WAS A LITTLE SEXIST???'.

When EU3 released. That shit was on release much worse then EU2. It had less features and absolutely disgusting 3d map. Also no historical events.

and i was just trying to be a good emperor,god damn it!

No matter what I do corruption keeps fucking me over and the manpower as well
How do I reduce it effectively?
Ive tried removing priviliges from the estates but nothing changed.

What the Hell did you expect?

corruption is part of your culture.

mfw the pope gives me a claim on mercia

20 corruption isn't too bad. Revoking a privilege will decrease the yearly corruption gain rate that an estate gives you. Actually getting corruption less than 10 takes a long time of good play. Make sure to never be at negative stability or estates force you to give them their privileges back (ideally revoke privileges when you are at +1 and about to gain +2).

Demand it from the nobles. Pay them back with corruption favors.

I see interesting
Is it also normal that it takes ages for manpower to recover?

Does anyone if there is a bug in CK2 that makes it unable for the religious councillor to proselytize? And if so, how the fuck do you fix it?
Normally when you click the proselytize button in the council screen the provinces that you're able to convert are shown in green on the map but for me all provinces are grey.

what the fuck?

Uncored land sucks away manpower since your military is effectively garrisoning it. That's usually the problem for me. Check the tooltip on the overextension penalty. Forts also take a bit but shouldn't be too bad.

Manpower can still be hard to come by but the estates should give you a big amount every 10 years that makes up for it.

how should i procede ?
A: attack russia since most of their divisions are in the east, even tough they outnumber mine 1-4
B: help germany beat back the syndies and when the war is won use germany against russia?

Invade Russia, if you start to get bogged down don't keep pushing and wasting manpower, instead just let the AI keep attacking your fortified troops. The AI in HOI4 is absolutely retarded and will keep throwing themselves at your line regardless if they can't break through so you can just keep draining Russia's manpower to the point where they lose over a million men and you can just push through with no resistance because they'll no longer be able to reinforce their lines.

because my divisions are shit, pure infantry and my motorized only have 4 motorized and 1 light tank and i have low manpower

funny story actuelly, in my first game as germany soviet union suprise attacked me while i only had 15 divisions on their border, they kept pushing but could not get trough, enough time to divert western divisions east within 2 months i was as the border of moscow with 50k casualties and 3 milion for the russians

I think its a glitch, ive seen that happen too.

Is this game as bad as people say it is?

The western front looks disastrous. Start picking the Syndies apart if you can, make encirclements with your better divisions and make it so the slack can be picked up.

It's worse.

Take Serbia to GP status. Probably the most fun I've had in the game.

If they're saying that its tech trees, production lines, and construction mechanics are so stupid that they ruin the game then yes. It would honestly be hard to make them worse in my opinion. I actually like the game otherwise.

Congrats on baiting me.

Battle Plans were a good idea implemented horrifically. They could have augmented HoI3's detail and made the pre-existing Battle Plan feature useful, but instead Paradox casualized the game down to mobile-tier and centered the it around a system that still doesn't work and can probably never be fixed without a total overhaul.

Looks like pure window dressing to me. Most of the mechanics are the same shit pasted over with mechanical flavor text.

Battle plans and planning just need not to overwrite my manual controls and it would be alright. Turning off historical focuses fixes the more egregious issues with the AI and its NFs. I don't have a problem with the naval system save for that the AI is fairly bad with it. The air system's main issue is that the regions make setting up proper air support almost impossible.

I don't see anything as particularly irreparable. Whether or not that actually means they'll fix any of it is another story. I still say that the biggest issue the game has is representing the industrial and tech differences between industrialized and third world nations (well this and the latest patch adding hard CTDs which have prematurely ended two of my campaigns).

Can somebody explain this shit to me?

Germany, due to winning the last world war and getting hit by the/a great depression, is inclined to rest on its laurels. She might go for a quick intervention before France can build up, in which case she'll win, but otherwise it's going to be rather difficult.

France, having lost the last war, being taken over by radical left-syndicalists, and actively learning from the lessons of the war- in particular, abandoning the idea of static defense and heavily investing into fast armored warfare theory, which the Germans in part cribbed from them to implement into their Schwerpunkt tactics- is on the other hand equipped to blitz the shit out of Germany faster than they can hope to call Austria-Hungary into the war (which is not guaranteed to result in help, because Iron Guard Romania is a thing and also horrible internal problems) and thus steamroll the entire country. As a result, France usually wins.

This can all change depending on what faction Russia ends up leaning towards (which can be Entente, Syndie, Mitteleuropa, or going her own way to reverse the treaty of Brest-Livosk and shuffle the borders in her more direct favor) whether France drops the ball or Germany holds her shit together, how the scuffle between the two Italian states goes, and whether National France feels like being useful.

and that solves France's lack of industry/infrastructure and population crisis?

Good joke.

Lack of industry I don't know what to tell you, because although I'm not sure about the scale of their industry, I know it was full of retarded fucking semi-artisanal bullshit. All those fancy cast hull tanks were absolutely nightmarish to manufacture & maintain, and made independently by moderate scale firms; unlike the Germans, they didn't subcontract big firms' designs (or their subcomponents) to the small ones as I recall. They just had workshops build tanks. Actual workshops, if I recall, doing the tiniest batch orders. I wouldn't quote me on this, though, because I'm really not very knowledgeable about these particulars. Population it doesn't solve, so much as totally sidelines by making manpower less of an issue through a professional army rather than one of reservists & border forts.

The shtick is that, as Germany did in OTL, getting their shit majorly pushed in made their military-industrial apparatus take a good hard look at what went wrong & right and going from there.

To elaborate a little on the bit about Germany maybe taking a little influence from France in OTL, and thus there being somewhere for France to develop an alternate military theory itself, here's a bit from the wiki article on Blitzkrieg, in the small France section. A more militarily modernized Nega-France is quite plausible doctrinally in a reverse role second world war scenario; the question is whether a syndicalist government could or would unfuck French industrial organization & lacking scale to make properly equipping it possible, to which the answer is a firmly shrugging 'maybe.'

In Kaiserreich world, I'm sure someone is giggling at an AAR and its idea of an Austrian-turned-Bavarian corporal avoiding death, leading an even more radical and radically successful National Populist mandate- and sidelining Rohm in the process- while properly organizing von Seeckt's visionary army under even worse treaty conditions than those imposed on France, while sidestepping every flashpoint that could've stopped his revanchism and led to war up til 1939, and then rampaging across Europe like a runaway freight train knocking over states alongside a suddenly National Populist-equivalent Mussolini (originally a totalist pseudo-Stalinist) and Japan. Basically the same Japan, but not exactingly. And Marxism-Leninism somehow manages to prop up a 'successful' vanguard (barracks) state, likely the most offensively unlikely butterfly, while syndicalism just sort of rots on the vine and dies. Totally implausible, yes?

Niggers, battle plans are the most cancerous thing in all of HoI4. Not only does it wrestle control from the player, it also punishes him for not letting the game play itself, since you don't get the general bonuses if you control it manually. To this day, I struggle to imagine just what the fuck went through Parajew's head when they made this shit

they had a syndicate revolution, basicly forced the people to work and build industry, while germany gloated over their victory and din't do much

Anyone?

Are those provinces yours? If there is a vassal ruling your province under you - can't convert them then.
Do you even wiki?

"Meme youtubers will love this!"

It worked though, extreme Autism doesn't sell as well as "draw a line to win" does.

But HoI4 bombed

Maybe the original /gsg/ target group didn't buy it but a lot more casuals bought it.

Are you the battle plan Autist?

no

Yes. I own a few Hindu provinces (I'm Zunist) yet I cannot convert them.
Already tried that but couldn't find any helpful information.

I thought HoI4 and Stellaris had great early sales but everyone stopped playing fairly quickly because the games were shit, putting Paradox's DLC plans in peril.

Zun is considered an unreformed paganist religion. Until you reform you have very low chances to convert, same as Norse et al.

Edit: NVM, I thought your problem was not being able to convert them, but reading the earlier post it seems your problem is not even being able to send your councilor there. That's odd, any mods?

No, I do play a pirated version but the thing is that I was able to send councillors at the near start of the game and one of my previous councillors was able to go to provinces as well but all the other ones can't for some reason. Picking someone else to be councillor does not fix this though, I've already tried that.
They can perform their other tasks, when I pick one to research cultural tech the provinces of the realm do become green. It's fucking annoying because I could've converted half of my realm in the decades that have passed now if it wasn't for this issue.

HoI4 moved 755k copies, Stellaris 1.3M. Eu4 also moved 1.3M and CK2 moved 1.5M. This is from steamspy, meaning CK2 and EU4 likely moved even more than that before Paradox went over to steam. In other words, HoI4 fucking bombed, selling half as much as their other titles. There's a reason why CK2, EU4, and Stellaris are shoveling out DLCs like there's no tommorow, but HoI4 got all but abandoned.

Paradox is still pushing Stellaris since while the active playerbase isn't big, they successfully sell the DLC, even if the people who bought it quickly bore of it.

You posted the exast same pitcure with the exact same text on the halfchan /gsg/
What is your agenda?

is your councillor out of hiding?

How do you make war plans in games that don't have them? I'm always forgetting who is supposed to go where.

Based Erdogan

Take a screenshot and draw on it with MS Paint.
Or just use your memory.

grab a sharpie and draw on your screen

Are you independent? Might be a problem if you are a vassal, especially of another religion. Is the councilor the right religion too?

Steam shows 13k current players for EU4, 11k for HoI4, 7k for Stellaris and 6k for CK2. So I'd assume that Stellaris is doing worse on DLC compared to HoI4, but who knows. Only EU4 and CK2 are still shoveling out DLCs, Stellaris hasn't gotten much.

Why the fuck am I getting a constant negative terrain bonus on my Armies in Death and Taxes (EU3)? Is this another retarded meme mod?

Dude just play EU4 LMAYO

Maybe you're mistaking the river symbol for terrain.

No, the river modifier is there too but that's not it. I get a minus 4 terrain modifier plus river. Also the fact that I get a minus river modifier ONLY as attacker is fucking autistic seeing as I literally can't avoid rivers as Austria. Why can the enemy just siege my city but when I go attack him I get an autistic modifier? How does this make sense?

You get a -4 terrain penalty while on terrain that shouldn't give a penalty? That's clearly not intended.

Paradox did change it so that generals with higher maneuver can avoid river crossing penalties. That's vanilla.

I looked it up and it seems to be a problem with the mod, looks like D&T is another meme mod that belongs in the trash. Looks I'll have to try MEIOU 1 now.

Nevermind my post, I didn't notice that you were playing the EU3 version. Never played D&T for EU3.

I was independent and my councillor was the right religion.
But it doesn't really matter anymore, I ragequit just now. I was attacked by a caliph that had taken over the Abbasids (which I had just gotten a non-agression pact with) and decided that I could just convert to islam and then commit suicide since my character was depressed and my heir was already an adult. I didn't know that your capital and all your courtiers would convert as well though.

Is EU4 as fucking boring as EU3? I've never played that much of CK2 so I only have Victoria 2 as comparison but holy fuck this game is boring. Peace time is a complete waste of time ,war time sucks ass because there's absolutely no depth to combat what so ever, the technology system feels like I'm just increasing stats, there are no historical events, the only positive thing I can think of is that the map is really pretty and it runs good.

CK2 seems like the game for you, Vic2 is for people that like pop managment and historical simulations.
EU4 is fun with M&T but I'm waiting for more bug fixes and performance patches before I commit

Yeah but the thing is that I really like Victoria so I expected EU3 to be something similar but it seems that I was wrong.

Economic migrant grand strategy when?

check the massive surge in players when a DLC gets released for Stellaris. Also, Stellaris DLCs are still being shoveled out full mast, only they don't get tlaked about here.

EU is nothing like Vicky. I think you'd like DH a lot, not so sure about CK2 – there's more to do during peace time, but even less flavour to countries (there's literally no difference in missions and decisions between a ruler in ireland and a ruler in Persia. The only flavour is for religions).

But definitely give DH a try

Thanks, I will.

Both HoI4 and Stellaris have only had 2 DLC each, one "large" and one "small". Stellaris about to get a 3rd.

EU4 has gotten 3 DLCs and is about to get a 4th, only one "small". It also got a DLC immediately before Stellaris release.

CK2 has gotten 2 DLCs and is about to get a 3rd.

Note: I'm judging large vs. small by the pricing. Frankly all of HoI4's and Stellaris's DLC has been joke stuff that modders could do in a few hours.

Stellaris was released a month before HoI4, so it doesn't look to me like Stellaris is much ahead in the DLC milking. Rather EU4 is getting milked to kingdom come.

OTOH I bet a lot of HoI4 steam players are multiplayer since that's literally the only thing to do (with AI being shit), and MP doesn't need players to buy DLC nor would you see lots of MP players returning for DLC.

HoI4 released on June 6, 2016 and during the following year (= up to June 6, 2017) saw 2 major DLCs, 2 music DLCs, 2 preorder DLCs and 2 free DLCs.

Stellaris released on May 9, 2016 and during the following year saw 2 major DLCs, 1 preorder DLC, 1 major DLC and 3 free DLCs.

CK2 released on February 14, 2012 and during the following year saw 4 major DLCs, 7 music DLCs, 2 cosmetic DLCs and the ruler designer DLC.

EU4 released on August 13, 2013 and during the following year saw 3 major DLCs, 3 preorder DLC, 1 minor DLC, 1 free DLC, 2 music DLCs, and 6 cosmetic DLCs.

What is the worst paradox youtuber?

Well it definitely worked, just not in the way they were hoping it would. Look at isorrowproductions, he's getting subscribers left and right for trudging through the cancer that is that game video after video. The rest of the traffic HoI4 gets is from Kaissereich stuff.

Has to be whoever is still doing Stellaris. HoI4 at least has memes and mods. Stellaris has zero depth or replayability.

i dont know what im supposed to think about this

Which mod is that?

And people say HoI3 has no alternative history.

black ice 9
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_CJOMppa3LYVWR1NTVyUS1hYUU/view

drive.google.com/file/d/0B_CJOMppa3LYaVptZXNBeGFKVVk/view

isorrowsproductions aka fitzthistlewitz

so this is the power of black ice

Nigga where is your flag replacement mod?

i dont know, where is it?

Why don't you use one my dude? Historical accuracy and all that shit.

I've never seen that happen before.

Some random ass count is apparently feeling suicidal. I have no idea why he would declare that war otherwise

Does anybody know what do I have to do to get the dark crystal? I got this ambition out of nowhere when I exhausted other options.
Warhammer fantasy mod for CK2

Hold specific provinces in your demense and you'll find it in a few decades. The description defines vaguely where they are, i.e. nowhere near you.

Well, maybe he has a powerful ally…

I saw this happen once in EU3 and I think even in Victoria

i have canada puppeted and the caribean

r8

shit/10

just fishing for (you)'s

Either stay there or leave it as long as you behave in here.

he did not. He had no allies and only around 2000 troops. I decided to simply wait for him to come to england, after which I crushed his army. I got 100% warscore quite soon after that. Do traits affect how likely someone is to declare? because the guy was an imbecile.

I only go there for /gsg/ and shitposting, got banned recently.

yes

Is there anything actually good about Hoi4?

The only thing I've seen people I know praise is the production system.

it's good for some quickplay or against friends, it's easy to get into and can be played very fast the ai might be garbage but if you play with other people it can be tons of fun if you are not an autist

Is there any recommended DLC for MEIOU and taxes or should I not bother downloading any of them?

Go to a pub if you want social interraction.

Common Sense and The Cossacks are the minimum for gameplay as intended, last I checked.

The more the better

i don't have much free time, i do spend them with my friends and alot of gsg i love are way too slow for little bit of time, so hoi4 is the perfect thing since it's humans vs humans and can easily be finished in a hour or 2

oh hello Johan Andersson

Dude just pirate it

Just download them all, do you have a bandwidth cap or something?

Just pirate all of them, there's no reason not to

Absoluteshit/10

All checks out.

How is their /gsg/ compared to ours?

Just ask a question so that all the know it alls chirp up.

It would be insane not to at this point. Christ, it's like a couple hundred bucks just to have access to all of the game's mechanics.

Anybody have that quote where Johan said that key mechanics wouldn't be locked behind DLC?

N-nani?!

There's no way he actually said that, that would be even worse than saying pedophiles are as bad as pirates.

This is what I found
archive.fo/mST0I
But this is rather new.

When did the idea die that you make something first and then you get paid for it?

What're the benefits & maluses between choices? Is there any reason in gameplay to take a more measured approach of puppeting the East instead of gobbling it up directly?

Is there a realistic flag mod for Darkest Hour like there is for Hearts of Iron 3? The only one I found has no download available, and I don't think there is one in the OP.

I keep failing Barbarossa. I don't know.

Plenty of mods already have "realistic" flags

You have to download Fatherland and use its German flag and counters.

Yeah but I'd like to play as vanilla as possible.

Holy fuck the Paradox forum is cucked.

Because then players might actually limit themselves to buying DLC that adds what they want, rather than buying up Rajas of India and fucking China for CK2 in the hopes that Paradox will finally use their jewgold profits to make playable theocracies.

Are they insane? Beside the All-Russian Fascist Organization, which is disqualified for using a swastika within a yellow diamond on white field, Nazbol is an amusingly dissonant thing, even though it'd be an anachronism. All he had to do was make a typical red-white-black field & circle with the swastika replaced by a hammer & sickle.

You deserve slaughter down to the last ricebaby.

Fuck now that I managed to mod myself historical accurate flags in, I noticed that the game doesn't support 144hz, is there any way to change this?

T-thanks?

Embarrassing.

syndalicism is not communism that is the entire point of the mod

ok gommie

So here's my South Africa so far. Waiting on literacy to go up so I can make Pretoria a financial hub (producing Credit Money which is like gold but for CWE) before I flip to dictatorship and start hanging niggers. Still, it's a hell of a lot whiter already than it was at game start.

Also, the USA became a Nationalist Dictatorship. So did Israel.

Did the NWO guy finally fix all the gommunist revolutions?

Oh fug, it's here.

This is CWE but I haven't seen that many commies. I had one big Zulu rebellion, though. Tanks beat niggers.

Add the low countries, Switzerland, and Austria to that and it would actually work with closed borders. It’s still cultural genocide, though, and as such must be destroyed.

You should genocide yourself tbh famalam.

Afrikaaner is primary culture, White Anglo is accepted. Military, government, and education system is mostly Afrikaaner. White collar and capitalists are split between Afrikaaner and White Anglo.

Ah I see but if you start genociding, start with the Anglos. They deserve it.

Thing is in NWO/CWE, white anglo doesn't mean britkikes, britkikes' culture is English. The White Anglo culture is basically just representative of all English-speaking whites around the world not including perfidious albion. So they're not britkikes.

>capitalists are split between Afrikaaner and (((White Anglo)))
rip

Reorganized National Government when? Big Mengjiang WHEN?

Heyhey! Latvianbro here. I'm the host of a podcast, explaining the life in the USSR and the history of our region to the westerners, called The Eastern Border. I'm from Riga, Latvia, and will be lucky enough to visit Stockholm and meet the lead designer of Hearts of Iron 4 in person there, as they've granted me some time for an interview and also for a bit of personal chatting. So…if you have anything you'd like to know or that interests you, please, let me know.

Kristaps Andrejsons - as I'm public on my show anyways and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Soon

Never. I'm finishing what Hideyoshi started in 1591. China will become a Japanese province. They will pay for their transgressions in the 500's and 1200's AD.

Is there a good way to get CKII that isn't autistic? The Russian site in the pastebin wants me to download like 10 files and only gives me 50k/b

Just torrent it

You can buy it on steam.

It's expensive if you want the DLC and I don't want to give the paradox jew my money until I know I like the game.

Just go the fucking piratebay? Download the latest version there, it works just fine.

Small price to pay not to be literally kiddy fiddler.

Wasn't it more than 200 bucks if you bought it with all the DLCs?
Not to mention that there are going to be more DLCs in the future and most of them are things that should have been included in the game from the start like portraits.

Paradox shill please go.

Holy shit are you that new or are you just really fucking dense and can't understand a reference?

Ask him why did he make such a shit game and why are swedes such cucks

Not him obviously.
Same thing more or less, more active, a lot of retarded memes, people who only play vic2 circlejerk and hate everyone else.
Also HPM tripfags there and takes suggestions, he fixed an exploit and nerfed genocide recently, it was fun to watch the shitshow that followed.

Ask why they staunchly refuse to competently model any kind of event tree and why they shit the bed by making what amounts to a combination gated research tree & gated event picking tree mashed into one cumbersome 70-day-per-option shitfest with the National Focus system. Ask why any number of mods like Kaiserreich, Fatherland and Black Ice can bork together relatively intricate event trees, in the former cases diverting heavily or entirely from our own history and in the formermost being extremely intricate, all contrived by unpaid hobbyists while they struggle to accurately model OTL historical decisions and very simple binary divergences from them, all mostly segregated from one another anyways.

Whatever you do, don't ask about victoria 3.
Also post some proof?

How long until they make a kickstarter and patreon just to shit out more DLCs?

How does that work in a game about dynasties? Priests and monks can't have families, confucian leaders are eunuchs and Islamic Clerics and Rabbis exclusively have sex with young children.

The cost is just stupid at this point. May as well pirate.

what a piece of shit game

Is this a joke? That's pretty much how it went down IRL.

Many offices in the Church stayed in family for long periods of time and many, MANY noble families did their utmost to get their relatives there, as it was a good source of money and favours. You'd simply have to make sure your successor will be the next one to inherit the bishopric. You could either get the sucessor by giving it to a nephew or something, or you could simply adopt someone.

you must be american, no one else is this retarded

Shit, didn't notice you posted about DH. Wrong timeframe, my bad.

It's likely that Japan would've been knocked down a peg regardless of her actions post-Manchukuo; Roosevelt would still be soft on communism with a gaggle of left-socialist Jew associates, and would still do his best to destroy the Japanese economy with embargos as long as they refused his demands and effective ultimatums, the Chi-Nats would still present themselves as a beleaguered republic to America by trading German military jackets for suitcoats while campaigning for aid, would still align themselves very uncomfortably with Mao's communist front, and would still make the front in Asia a mess while the Pacific would be a slow, grinding death if the Japanese didn't get their doctrinal act together, and without a preemptive strike as in OTL, would be merely slower. Avoiding this troublesome scenario is rather tricky.

I would note that he's not completely incorrect. Japan's intervention in China was, very frankly, none of America's business, and neither was the bickering of continental states in Europe or one dictatorial totalist system or another. This was the prime sentiment amongst many Americans, and especially the anti-war coalition under Lindbergh. But Roosevelt wanted his goddamn war, and he would've gotten it sooner or later as the propaganda mills churned and the industry geared up. How popular it would've been and thus whether America would really carry it all through is another question; we were more or less goaded into the war entirely by Pearl Harbor as far as convincing popular sentiment, which retroactively justified Roosevelts' grey war in the Atlantic and opened the floodgates for the Europe First propaganda, which is what he was really angling for all along. Japan's hand was near entirely forced, as her choice was either a slow death to communism and/or forced subordination to America, or to strangle the last bit of life out of an unsphered China and to bloody America's nose so hard that we'd either be forced to quit our shit or get drawn into a decisive battle where they'd break our face before we could bear hug them to death.

This, of course, did not go as planned, as the Decisive Battle Doctrine of the Japanese was critically flawed by their severe focus on the namesake big line battle engagement, with insufficient attention paid to the elements of attrition and force conservation that were also component to the doctrine but sidelined in thinking. Pearl Harbor ended with a number of critical targets missed, with mostly obsolete ships on hand and most importantly the fuel reserves avoiding destruction which would've delayed us quite massively, and the subsequent naval engagements resulted in a wasting death due to carrier advocates being ignored, questionable aircraft procurement priorities resulting in massive-range cardboard planes that leak to death if hit due to no self-sealing tanks, and the decisive battles they sought resulting in the Americans blowing them out, partly because of tech differences and partly because the Japanese pussyfooted around using their best battleships.

This is not to say that a Japanese victory as component to a total Axis victory is impossible, it just requires some butterflies. In my amateurish opinion, likely the most critical will be the Anti-Comintern Pact successfully integrating China into the Axis, in a similarly uncomfortable arrangement as the one made with Mao; likelihood of this could be increased by the most ardent Nichirenists of the sort participating in the 2-26 Incident and the Kodoha faction in general managing to take power and lay the foundations for a one-party state earlier, and more importantly pursue the Asia for Asians policy with greater sincerity and energy, such that China belatedly signs into the Pact at German insistence and Japanese promises of assistance against Mao & eventually the looming Soviets. This keeps Japan from being nearly as tied down, since even if Chiang tries to backstab them early instead of waiting 'til the postwar to wage a Manchukuo War, an ardent support base will exist for staying with the Axis, which Wang Jingwei and a Japanese invasion force will be able to use to clean things up rather than getting bogged down midway as in OTL. Still not going to penetrate all the way into China save at the end of the war in such a scenario, the logistics aren't there, but a Chiang forced into far Western China is not a Chiang that can threaten anything.

Regardless of Chiang's loyalty to the cause, Japan's Chinese misadventures will be substantially leaned out, and occupational troubles elsewhere in Asia from rough treatment will be avoided. With the Kodoha in power, and thusly ardent anticommunists, their first middle finger to America is going to be wolfpacking the shit out of every single Soviet-manned Liberty Ship they can find, instead of merely inspecting them for munitions and allowing everything else through; no nonaggression pacts or half-measures, as although Khalkin Ghol might not be much improved, uninterrupted German military assistance to China making for a secure route to similar assistance & technological lend-lease to Japan means that it will likely be a technical victory, from which the Japanese will come away knowing they can win and learn further lessons for the next border incursions and an eventual seizure of Vladivostok. With Japan pulling its weight to bleed the Soviet colossus and prevent them from ever acquiring offensive momentum, we'll then turn south, where Japan will be doing much the same as usual, save that perhaps with the increased political & spiritual will thrown into the effort (and if the European Axis is doing better than OTL, some effective commando actions in Persia and Subhas Chandra Bose's return in force rather than the Free India Legion staying in Europe as auxiliaries) the whole of India will revolt before the end of the war rather than just after, throwing the Allies into complete disarray as they are forced to the ports and off the continent. With another lend-lease route closed to the Soviets as Persia is restored to the hands of the royalists, appointed fascists, or perhaps the former shackled by the latter, the Eurasian front is going to be effectively closed, leaving only Africa as an unsure thing. Even if America island-hops all the way to the Home Islands and exacts somewhat similar naval losses, she'll be forced to face an exceptionally well-supplied Japan and a fortified China, with an impossibly long supply route and little hope of acquiring the staging conditions for the unlaunched OTL invasion, already projected to cost millions of lives. So the Pacific is neutralized, and America limps home with a Pyrrhic victory at sea, at best.

Nonetheless, we'll briefly address that, too. How to make Japan not get its shit pushed in at sea? First, as noted above, have their first action flagrantly against America (in propaganda lens, since the crew will be Soviet) be the destruction of Liberty Ships to the Soviet Union; their integration to the Allies was never popular, the 'This is your friend, he fights for freedom!' propaganda never bought into, and how quickly and easily they returned to being the Red Menace in the postwar is very illustrative of this. Opinions against the war will be only further galvanized rather than made unpopular, and the seeming inevitability of a Pearl Harbor-like action will perhaps become apparent to the average American, and to some degree justifiability. When it comes, we will go to war, but there will be endless trumpeting about how it could've been avoided. And when it comes, it will hit the fuel reserves, slowing the US down, though probably not any terribly important ships, though the same ones might be sunk in deep water rather than at anchor as they sally out to meet the more expected attack. Second, chronologically first I suppose, have the Japanese refine their Decisive Battle doctrine through a very extensive series of wargames, wargames in the sense of Kriegspiel, simulating a war in the Pacific. The old guard initially take the part of Japan, the carrier advocates a projected America, one projected to be a bit rougher than OTL with our Yamato-equivalent battleships actually being completed and an otherwise accurately huge number of ships. The old guard get blown the fuck out in similar fashion to OTL, pussyfooting around for a perfect engagement that never comes before choking at the gates of the home islands.

Then, the roles are reversed, with the carrier advocates taking the role of a reshuffled Japan, and the old guard playing America. The old guard are once again blown the fuck out as the carrier advocates use much the same tactics as before when they played America, with the addition of murderous submarine nets, island-based twin engine aircraft acting in concert with the single-engine carriercraft, and after reaping enough losses on escort craft and a couple of carriers & capital ships, committing in full force to a true decisive battle, with super battleships supported by carrier cover battering through American equivalents in spite of technological disadvantage due to hard-won (and very time limited) operational & tactical superiority. With the carrier advocates vindicated, this is then mimicked in the new wartime doctrine, which exacts heinous early losses; things even out later due to unforeseen advances in anti-submarine warfare & American carrier aircraft (a difference muted somewhat thanks to aforementioned Axis lend-lease helping Japan avoid or get out of certain mistakes earlier) but America bleeds all the way to the Home Islands while Japan largely retains her important capital assets in spite of more commitment, being at greater liberty to do so and exact further losses. Eventually, at the gates of the Empire, America receives the final nail in their coffin with a so-called decisive battle, attempting to maintain tempo and finally strike at Japan's capital ships, resulting in their reverse-Midwaying with the loss of vital carriers and Iowa-class battleships to a combination of carrier air groups, land-based naval bombers and direct line battle with a gaggle of technically inferior but obnoxiously armed & armored or else fast & evasive Japanese battleships. Thusly closing the Eurasian front on all sides, and with Axis ability to project to America in full being questionable, a peace is reached. The Bomb, meanwhile, languishes off on the side and comes a bit too late to be used for a final spiteful strike, too many resources and too much will sapped away by a failing conventional war for it to reach maturity to hit Berlin or Tokyo before Britain is seized by Mosleyan revolt and the loss in the Pacific. From there, you can derive all your alternate Operation Unthinkables, 1948-era coalition invasions of the American mainland, various identitarian partisan movements funded by various parties, but that's where I'll close things.

Y-yeah that's what I meant!

This guy knows what's up or just read the Wikipedia article

Japan shouldn't have just bombed Pearl Harbor. They should have outright brought an invasion force and captured it, fortifying it as much as humanly possible. Americans would have been fucked without Hawaii – the entire pacific theatre wouldn't even properly open, it'd just be endless US assaults against Hawaii which would be fully repellable if Japan used the US facilities already there and fortified enough – it'd require but a single, easy to resupply and reinforce strongpoint which, even if it got captured in the end, would still give Japan massive time to prepare since it'd end up bombed to shit and thus unusable for a long period (not to mention no fuel).

Perhaps also take Dutch Harbor to make sure US doesn't try any fuckery from the north.

ask about vicky 3 and stop spamming Holla Forums

Would Vic,HOI,and EU be too radically different of games to try and combine into one game through a mod?

Taking Hawaii would have been a mistake, one explored in the Days of Infamy novels by Harry Turtledove. Shekelmeister, but one that's very good with alternate history scenarios. It would've been a major stonewall for the US at first, but the loss of a staging ground (which could just as easily be accomplished by thoroughly destroying the facilities, such as once again hitting those goddamn fuel reserves) would not prevent America from sitting pretty, hemming in the Japanese with a submarine net while building up a nice big fleet & mechanized army, and then promptly smashing the occupiers of Hawaii into paste before thrusting westwards if no other changes are made beyond 'Hawaii is occupied.' Japanese doctrine will still be flawed, the industrial situation will remain hopeless without extremely skewed American losses (hard to accomplish without the above modified doctrine) and the Japanese will eventually get screwed for the frivolity of occupying such a faraway territory without further security to do so. Efforts in Hawaii could stall efforts in Asia since the supply lines are so long, nullifying the time-buildup advantage before America goes island hopping, and you underestimate how quick America could set things back up if they can plan more or less at leisure while Japan squats on their projection point. The greatest hiccup will probably be America leapfrogging fuel ships to act as a floating reserve while (if) the static ones are rebuilt, as the dock machinery will be ready by the time anything going far west needs servicing and it doesn't take any real effort to set up a bunch of quonset huts for everything else. The key is to smash America in the back of the head, bleed her white and then knock her flat, as any attempt to wrassle directly will result in pain and anguish.

The Japanese didn't invade China with the express purpose of conquest and domination but after 4 years the war had clearly escalated to that point. It would not have been in the interest of the United States for Japan to dominate Asia and condemning atrocities abroad is something democratic countries just do. The US government was under public pressure to condemn Japan and acting in the interest of its "territory", the Philippines in doing so. An oil embargo is not an act of war. It is not a blockade. The US was right to condemn the Armenian genocide as it happened and is right to condemn North Korea now.

By the mid-late part of the war the IJN was outclassed in both quality and quantity. They had wasted resources on incredibly large battleships in the age of the aircraft carrier and barely had the supplies to keep the now revealed to be useless ships supplied. The Japanese naval leadership and tech was outdated right from the start of the war with the western allies. The Battle of Midway best highlights this. I don’t know if the IJN was starving but the IJA in the pacific was. Even during the height of Japanese fortunes, the soldiers were basically still limited to rice, fruit and any meat they could find. The navy could barely keep the pacific supplied.

Roosevelt was clearly preparing for war but this is only clear in 1939 when it made sense to do so. Being prepared for war doesn't mean being a warmonger as you seem to suggest. Of course, Roosevelt's America would prove to be incredibly unprepared for war. The war machine took a while to chug to life and military equipment was very lackluster. The US military was absolutely annihilated in the Philippines and was mauled very badly in Algeria.

An Axis victory against the Soviet Union doesn’t guarantee a Japanese victory at all. The Germans would have to focus on the now US-reinforced Britain and expend a vast amount of resources on garrisoning its frontiers. The allies would still rule the seas making collaboration between the 2 axis giants very difficult.

I'm interested but never in history has one family just ruled the Papacy for eternity.

DH is kind a piece of shit when it comes to going off the script of history (aside from the mods I guess). The game just isn't prepared for an isolationist Japan game. Dunno why anybody would do that though…

Japan doesn't do well with giant supply lines. Their troops were starved the entirety war but the Alaskan campaign was just brutal.

I don't see the point in taking Hawaii. You take it and then what? Wait for the US to mobilize its titanic industry and trap you on the Island? What about the rest of the Pacific and SouthEast Asia? They also need naval support.

Stopped reading here

Had Japan had more time (which they would have if they took Hawaii, more so than just by destroying the fuel supplies there), they could secure the rest of pacific and (hopefully) invade Australia and New Zealand and force them out of the war. Of course, it's debatable whether that would be enough to demoralise US public enough to go for a peace treaty

For fucking what? Wanting to be left alone? USA is the agressor here, not Kim.

Is this the BBC/CBC?

Commies denying that crimes against humanity happen in NK?

Drown yourselves.

Yes, even though you can convert your savegame from Crusader Kings 2 to EU3 to Victoria 2.

Never understood those. It's kinda boring being Op.

NK is nationalist as fuck and anti-kike, one of the last countries on Earth to not have a Rothschild-owned central bank. What USA seeks to do is to bomb it to shit and annex it to SK, one of the most SJW countries on Earth, and get yet another piece of the world under Jewish control. That is not to mention that yet again, massive amounts of whites would die for Israeli interests. If you support war with NK, you're anti-white.

Who the fuck cares, it's just an arbitary set of bullshit used to punish bad goys and brainwash the masses.

You mean EU4 right?

It makes sense to convert from ck2 to EU4 (or 3 apparantly) since you don't really blob in ck2, you roleplay and manage internal affairs, you already know the map so it's kind of personal to you, plus it gives the dynasties some flavour.
EU4 to Vic2 is a meme though, you'll be OP as fuck.

(((crimes against humanity)))

This guy gets it. NK are our allies in the struggle against international jewry.

Fucking kill yourself, dipshit.

Yes.
They're communists, so no, they're not.

This is the worst shilling I've seen this month

Yeah, no, if you think NK is kike-owned, you're retarded.

Alright, let's get down to it.

In what sense? The possibility of a power-balanced Asia was essentially nil, as China and Japan would inevitably come to blows with one or the other prevailing. The choice, then, would be whether to go with a very shaky China that the Soviets are happy to subordinate in the absence of a now-gelded Japan holding their leash, as in OTL, or to have an unideal arrangement of Japanese imperialists sphereing the whole of Asia and acting as an economic competitor to America & the European bloc. The latter is eminently more attractive.

Black propaganda brigadery is also just something the Wallies love to do, and did to excess through both world wars. The Japanese were rough occupiers filled with all the wrong kind of chauvinism thanks to the success of the Toseiha faction over the Kodoha, tainting and half-adopting the philosophy of the latter while swallowing themselves up in half-measures. In spite of this, their actions were exaggerated ludicrously with the Nanking incident being the pure invention of Anglo journalists & Chi-Nat propagandists, the latter being infamous liars & spin-doctoring yellow journalist bastards, and Unit 731 occupying the same kind of historical plausibility as a gas chambers-&-shrunken-heads holocaust. America can hardly be given rational credit here.

From whom? Jingos? A public intentionally galvanized- however ineffectually until Japan made its move- towards the idea of a world conquering Axis aggressor painting entirely over their very regional ambitions, by all manner of Why We Fight tier chicanery?

It is a clear ultimatum by one power to another that is only 'not in the interests of' a very narrow political & financial class of reaping bankers, war profiteers and soft-on-commies. Japan was almost entirely export dependent on oil and severely harmed by iron & steel embargo as well, and had America remained a neutral trading partner, likely would've given a sidelong glance at the Philippines and then left it to deal with every other ambition, likely never coming to open blows with America and only possibly trying to sphere her through a nativist pro-Nichirenist movement. Instead, she was backed into a corner by effective ultimatum after ultimatum; the Hull note certainly cannot be called anything less. It cannot even be said that Japan was unwilling to negotiate, as even the wiki article notes thusly;

Every negotiation was farcical. Either Japan would submit, dissolve herself by a thousand cuts, and become little better than a province of American finance to be soon fed to the Soviets, or would fight and die. She chose the latter.

Correct, although something that can be compensated for as outlined in the previous postings.

'Wasted' is a funny way of putting it. Had it come to a line battle, they would have done work; the effect of ground attack craft is heavily exaggerated in many accounts, and naval attack craft suffered similarly save very specifically for torpedo attack craft. The notion of Japan psychically leaping towards building all its ships as carriers, not an idea you've brought forward but one that I've been reminded of, mind, is an utterly ridiculous one that fails to understand the respective niches of line ships & carriers and severely overestimates the usefulness of the latter. The notion of carrier air power as the deciding factor in the Pacific rather than sheer Japanese doctrinal mismanagement, pussyfooting & American quantitative advantage is a flawed one, though better, earlier use of Japanese carriers is a very important component to any alternate war scenario.

A prime part of the above scenario is sidestepping these issues; don't get tied up in China, one way or another, and don't try to hold the Pacific, trade space not merely for time but for blood and to shorten the lines & compact the area one is defending.

Why? As Lindbergh had noted, the idea of inability to come to terms with whatever power comes in Eurasia is ridiculous, and the idea of destroying a bulwark to anti-human communism is suicidal. His opinion of Japan was not nearly so high, but nonetheless, the notion of a necessary war abroad for America's security is ridiculous. Penetration of its frontiers even by the whole of Eurasia acting in concert is extremely difficult to make feasible in a total war environs, if not a pipe dream even in a blowout Axis victory with butterflies preempting their mistakes and exacerbating their victories.

And yet engaging in a frivolous conflict with a series of powers that are no particular threat to your nations' interests doesn't? America was not a power projector until war profiteers & sociopolitical frameworkers made her one in the interest of destroying independent national governments acting in their own interests and achieving functional hegemonies. The result was being eaten alive from the inside out by the forces she saved, so we can at least thank whatever bitter god presides over irony for this much.

The primary Eurasian player on land is now extinguished, freeing up resources in the West even considering any necessary frontier forces & occupying police to deal with the worst and least receptive Soviet population, depending on time, place, and how the Germans carried themselves and whether they've decided to go with the (unsubstantiated and 'reconstructed') Generalplan Ost or decided to establish puppet states with limited colonization efforts to create a thousand little Volga Germanesque not-quite-polities, while a Britain that has lost the war and witnessed the Soviets fall to pieces is exceedingly vulnerable to political furor and a coup by anti-war elements, a freed Mosley & BUF or both. Once the East is on lockdown, the West is closed, and for that matter the Middle East is likely to follow whether the Italo-Germans got it the first time or need another swing after a failed Sicilian operation. Once the West is closed, the Pacific is going to turn into a stonewall past the island hopping campaign.

As outlined above, in the East, this is not at all impossible or implausible to make otherwise. In the West, it would take a separate series of butterflies to restructure procurement such that the Germans can similarly stay the course & avoid losses while engaging in their incessant capital ship convoy raiding, likely the torpedoing of Plan Z in favor of pocket battleships that can be finished in a more timely fashion & the Graf Zeppelin getting completed in all its funky guncruiser-carrier glory, in addition to more and better submarines, but is also not impossible or implausible. It is also less important, since a link-up by land and a boost to Axis Sino-Japanese doctrinal & technological competency by lend-lease is the matter of import for making America stall at the mainland, if they do get that far.

Lordy, done with the big part by now.

Precisely my point, but more succinctly made. Get in, do the damage, get out. Japan can't tangle with America fairly, so she needs to fight dirty, dealing the largest amount of damage possible while taking as little as possible and to a degree devoting as little as possible to accomplish it. At least we can agree on this much.

It's just too risky. Japan risks bleeding to death trying to hold it; she needs to devote every naval resource she can to knocking out everybody in her backyard while stabbing the china shop bull of the USN repeatedly as it charges across the pacific.

Please stop making excuses for hardline commies with a parafascist veneer led by ludicrous Kim dynastics. Have you even once considered the possibility of their being controlled opposition, meant purely as a ludicrous well poisoner in any discussion about those perhaps legitimately dissident powers such as Syria, even once? Or are you just a flagrant shitposter having a giggle?

For you.

This
We must support DPRK in its revolutionary struggle against USA imperialism and international jewery

Now this is pure retardation.

Do any of you have a better argument than "muh commies"? I don't give a fuck if gooks die to stavation due to retarded socialist regime, but I find it infinitely prefferable to giving Israel yet another piece of the world. They do not export communism, they are not promoters of communism (quite the contrary, thanks to MSM massage, everyone can point to NK and say "we cannot allow commies to spread or we'll end like them"), in other words them being commies has literally ZERO negative effects on the West. An anti-israel, anti-US government, on the other hand, is a definite positive

Do you need a better argument? They're hardline Stalinist-style left statists with a veneer of parafascism, pseudo-fascism, pseudo-nationalism, in the same sense as Soviet employment of the Rodinu concept and the 'great patriotic war' amongst a desperate, Stockholm-syndrome'd population looking to vomit forth its collective rage and stifled psychoses under the commissariat lash. Embracing them, these total ideological & moral enemies in every way save that they may IN THEORY be mutual enemies of the financial government of the world, is in every way a net negative. Any petty, unmeaningful effect they have by arming other enemies-of-enemies does not in any way justify the moral stain and hypocrisy.

This kind of dishonest thinking, this incorrect variety of pragmatism, this back-biting wretchery, was the architect of Strassers' dissidence and Rohms' murder, of the Italian turn upon a neutral Greece that might've been foisted instead into the Axis by British demands, and the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact & Japanese refusal to act in the East as a result of the perceived unrelability following, which caused severe consternation and distrust within the Axis, because no one else was let in on the German ruse, this sin spiritually murdering them and their cause through its perfidy, like every other bit of incorrect pragmatism and insufficient radicality.

You are a butcher of the cause, a well poisoner, a ripper and tearer of every beauty of the doomed struggle in favor of a slight and entirely false 'advantage' offered without true ability to trust, a poison vint in a chalice of broken glass, cutting our throats, strangling voice and heart and soul with the crucially sinful idea of 'the seeming enemy of my enemy is my friend, for now,' and 'any means to the end are fine,' forgetting that some means make the end, and will destroy what you seek mean and end are not in true concert.

But what do we gain from being entangled in a war with them? Do you really think they'll fire the nuke?

NK is not like USSR, Cuba or Venezuela filled with kikes and promoting race mixing and globalism. And even then anyone but the kikes profit from going to war with them.

Who has said anything of a war with them? What concern have we for these reprobates? If they fire, it will be as a result of their being in liaison with the truest and fullest enemies, THE Enemy, as a diversion from our attempting to destroy Them. Both Koreas are hellscapes; one is left-statist, the other is a leftist state. One rules by the whip and the butt of rifles, the other by shame, litigation and crippling fine. Both are to be destroyed, ruined, deconstructed, reconstructed as a singular Korean state as they see fit, and we if we should concern ourselves; one needn't embrace either, utilize either, care for either, but if one is good and right and honest and befit with a radical heart, then one will destroy both these shackles as a sacred duty to the Ideal and upraise these men, if they are fit for it, and otherwise dispense with them if they are truly lost, in whatever means and measure one wishes to dispense by, which one must dispense by.

Only because they do not have the reach, nor the need, for others fulfill these already! We do not war with them only because it is necessary, whether they are in liaison with the Enemy or not, that they act as a ludicrous caricature of the totalist state, for idiot tankies and Strasserist near-communists and ridiculous cretins of impure ideology to champion insanely! And for well-poisoners, too, who shall poise as the latter two when they are the former or some other, knowing that there is no benefit to such, knowing that it won't even be embraced, ones alike to you, you one-and-done troggish sub-men, unpaid punchclock fiends to the last, thieves of sound minds, dungheap down-draggers.

Or, in short, eat my ass, you Holla Forums ultracucks.

No one, but I'm used to people counter-signalling and didn't trust you. The fact of the matter is we're being frogmarched into this damn war and meme-ing for NK may get us out of it. There's also some assumptions being made the opposite way, because you seem to think support for NK now, means support for them throughout eternity.

Absolutely not. Either it will happen, or it won't, based on factors regarding US isolationism; no one will ideologically jibe with or have mercy upon North Korea because of ironic memes, because there is no redeeming, liberating Truth beneath it, as in the world wars. No one except enemies and backstabbers.

Is that what I said? No. I said that unironic pseudo-pragmatic support for North Korea ever, at all, for any reason and for any length of time, will be a stain, a poison, a ruin, regardless of the extent of it, exemplary of the kind of moral flawedness that stole defeat from the jaws of victory in this round of the wretched eternal return. Ironic dickery regarding the Norks, unless exposed as coming from the left (which it almost assuredly is and will continue to come from exclusively) will only muddy the waters as to the former usages of the tactic, allowing for the wedge of 'it's just a joke' to be sunk in and hammered at.

I refuse to shit up the thread further with this tangent, in any case. I don't believe for a moment that you're merely a fellow traveler making mistaken thinking; nothing suggests such. Going on a historical thread about the pacific war was already far enough away from /gsg/ gameplay. Cease and desist.

You're failing to separate the ideology from the reality. North Korea is a kleptocratic state that has to rely on printing US dollars and selling drugs to barely survive.

It's not a revolutionary collectivist state. It's a hybrid between a junta and monarchy. The government isn't in power because of success and popularity. It exists because of fear and class.

Japan didn't fight fairly. They started to rely on suicidal attacks and planned on using chemical and biological weapons on the US like they had with China.

Most of the US population (the progressive wing especially) supported nationalism and the Japanese Empire clearly went against that ideology.

The US was dealing with a power that did not respect treaties. You have to take a strong stance on countries like this.

The choice wasn't between being either a puppet of the US or USSR. Japan could have easily attempted to balance the two powers against each other. Of course, Japan would need to trade with somebody.

Without China, there is no war in the Pacific. The fact that Japan couldn't even beat masses of barely trained conscripts armed with old equipment and supported by nothing in the air says a lot about their ability.

The US has been toppling governments and projecting its power since its founding. It has kept Latin America in a chokehold for a very long time. This was simply expanded to the rest of the world with the fall of the European empires.

The resources freed up in Manchukuo would have been land resources. Their value in the battle of the pacific would have been minimal. Also, I can't see Siberia ending up as some kind of landbridge for supplies and equipment. The distances would have too vast and it's very unlikely that an axis victory in Eastern Europe would have meant an annexation of the USSR.

The British and American navies were insanely large by the end of the war. Germany and Japan would have never been able to catch up.

You know what, you're right. I just don't want another war where whites die.

You implied up and down that anyone who disagreed with you was a crypto-communist, ergo they supprt NK for all eternity.

Because you've been shifted into an ultra-paranoid stance by Holla Forums trolling. Fuck you, don't imply I'm posting in bad faith.

STOP IT THIS THREAD IS FOR VIDEOGAMES

As was every single 'revolutionary collectivist state' under the left, every single time, par excellence, and I thusly fail to see the difference.

Neither did I say they did, but it needs clarifying, then; Japan needs to fight unfairly, and fight well. The latter is the missing component for a number of reasons, which are modifiable.

Every treaty in Asia was as respectable as mud. Less so, even, as mud makes for good soil in time, where every Asiatic treaty- be it the near-dismantling of the Qing into trade concern occupations to League dictatures to Japan- from the turn of the century was contrived to prevent the outbreak of a modern state with antimodern ethics, which might dominate its little corner of the world better than those projecting power from afar like the British.

How? When the United States wages 'full-blooded financial warfare' for a spat between old powers it has naught to do with, and the USSR openly dominated China through Mao until he grew independent and Sino-Soviet relations split apart?

They already did. They negotiated with America, who refused all offers and made their own unconditional demands that could never be accepted and only technically evade the definition 'ultimatum' and only in the minds of utter weasels, and concluded a non-aggression treaty with the Soviets when they questioned German reliability at fighting the Soviets over the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

Nonsense. Roosevelt WILL have his war, and if anything will be more histrionic in his demands to launch into war against the Axis if the promises of Why We Fight actually look imminently plausible thanks to an aligned or subordinated China.

It says a lot about waging a land war in China. The terrain is horrendously ill-suited to it; there's a reason they penetrated the coasts with ease and then suffered as they moved inland, and that's because it's an impossible shithole to navigate, supply, and fight through as you go further west into deserts and mountains and dirt-road serfdoms.

In its backyard, in Latin America, in its legitimate sphere of interest, but not globally, colonially. As you said, it 'simply' expanded to the rest of the world.

Ah, of course, the sole element freed up from not getting tied to China would be the armies there. Nothing to speak of China completing its arsenals and throwing itself either piecemeal or wholesale alike into the war in Asia alongside Japan, or of the sheer, vast resources available to be exploited. Why, it wouldn't have been anything.

Their value is in the southern and northern frontiers and in being liberated to act as an impassable stonewall for the US even if the Pacific goes exactly as in OTL. Nevermind this, did you even read the section of premise regarding a shifted Japanese doctrine & procurement to enable one victory or another, in one degree or another? I feel rather strongly that you skimmed the original three posts.

Who said Siberia? Persia is right there, and was used to great extent by the Anglo-Soviets for lend-lease. The Turks will sheepishly enter the Axis if things go well in the Med and they start to become encircled through the Caucasus, and if Africa & the Levant doesn't go awry, then Iraq can neatly complete the route. These avenues would be perfectly serviceable and railway-equipped, nevermind that a landbridge between the two halves of the bloc is unimportant and went unmentioned. The prime point regarding lend-lease between the Axis powers, as enabled by uninterrupted German assistance to China and China's integration into the Pact leading into concurrent Japanese assistance, is a technical one; 'here is how we're doing things over here, what about you?'

By these means and the early creation of a proper totalitarian state in Japan rather than the half-measure of the latecoming Imperial Rule Assistance Association, military immodernity in Asia can be eliminated to varying degrees, gaffes avoided, industrial lack sufficiently eliminated, such that an American victory is now impossible regardless of the state of the Pacific. You don't need to ship a significant amount of material into the East, you just need coherent technical communication far earlier, as occurred late in the war between Germany & Japan. It should also be said that this kind of assistance being rendered to troubled Italy would also be of benefit, but that's another snarl entirely to get at.

Who says it has to? Throw the communists far past the Urals and establish a puppet regime through the Russian Liberation Army & All-Russian Fascists, cut them in half, destroy them in a continuation war after a buildup & construction of improved logistical facilities, so on. Destroy the USSR's offensive ability, kick in the door, and let the whole rotten structure collapse without sufficient lend-lease to support it through the closure of myriad routes.

Neither do they have to. What they have to do is repeatedly bleed them, destroy their will to fight, destroy their materiel, while preserving their own, so as to even the odds for any kind of last-leg conflict at sea. This is hardly implausible, as outlined for the Japanese, and as for the Europeans, have Italy commit itself more in the Med rather than waiting to be picked apart, and have Germany not bite off more than it can navally chew by laying down fewer ships that can be completed earlier alongside more and better U-Boats for the Happy Time and to keep pace afterwards rather than suffering like they did, before even CONSIDERING considering resuming a big Plan Z buildup.

I apologize. This will be my last historical tangent post for a while, or so I should hope. I was trying to be helpful on the 'neutral Japan would've been left alone' point, and on whether they could win.

Paulicianon, where the hell are you? I want to see more Dagestani fuckery, it's been a week or something since you last updated. Feels like it at least.

I understand and I have nothing about a history lesson or two but the moment where it escalates into autistic debates it's no longer okay.

No, this thread is for autism. Go up to the top of the thread and look at the title, you see where it says Grand Strategy Games /gsg/? That means this is the historical autism thread.

I was messing with some of the notepad++'s options I don't really know how to use and accidentally replaced every line containing "greek = " with "test" on every file in my modding folder. Now portraits are all fucked up and I gotta fix it somehow, hope I only messed up the stuff inside my modding folder, because if that was done on a disk-wide level I'm fucked.

I think my basegame's fucked, all portraits lose their respective sprites after dicking around the UI.

Sorry to hear that, didn't you make any backup?

I'm reinstalling ck2 right now.

Do you even know what I am talking about? I'm talking about what they do to their own countries, which NK doesn't. Try understanding before writing several lines of pure autism.

If by any chance the user that recommended me Darkest Hour because I said that I liked Vicky 2 is still here, thanks a lot dude. Darkest Hour is a ton of fun, it's the perfect combination of high level autism and actual gameplay.

Anyway, yes I had a shitton of backup files, I'm hoping the "greek = " nuke wasn't disk-wide; that'd mean my backups are fucked as well and if that's the case, my only hope is a ~3 days old backup that's been compressed. That one was actually the v1.0 release version of user's HIP edits before I decided to change some things in the map.

Man this shit always happens right after I'm done.

Would be a shame if all your work would be for nothing, best of luck to you.

Basegame seems alright. Hope I don't have to start all over again which certainly won't.

B-Basegame HIP seems ok

yeehaw

Where did it all go so wrong, Holla Forums?

Why does HoI4 look so much worse than EU4?

That fucking huge English Channel always make me angry

Paradox Interactive

Boy that was close, good thing I didn't lose anything. Gonna playtest for a few hours and if everything's fine, user's HIP Edits v1.0 will be ready for release.
Here's the final product (just a part of it, really; I've also added a few new things to the British Isles (Hirta and Celtic Paganism) and the western Black Sea(More holdings for Wallachian and Moldavian provinces and a new province in the coas; Tulcea.)
Now Georgia during its golden age does have a shitton of tributaries (mainly the northern Caucasian Tribes which were Christian by the time thanks to Georgian influence) and it's actually a regional power; This lasts from ~1120 until the arrival of the Mongol Hordes.

Cool, glad that you didn't lose anything important.

The random country picker has been dead for the last 5 ops.

The Iron Cross instead of the Swastika and the greyed out Hitler manage to trigger me everytime

I'm triggered by the "totalitarian regime" bit. The Third Realm was authoritarian, not totalitarian. The state was powerful and not beholden to liberal democracy's worship of freedom and individualism, sure. This is what you may say, this is what you may do. That's authoritarianism.

But neither did they practice Communist-style total control over the people's lives. This is what you must say, this is what you must do. This is what you must think. That's totalitarianism.

I thought that was only for the German version of HOI4. You're telling me they decided "fuck it" and censored Germany everywhere?

So explain me this
How?

probably corruption making your techs more expensive

Don't you know National Socialism is leftist? :^)

The German portraits are seriously terrible, the beards all look fake.

so im playing as empire of the romans in meiou
Ive restored a big part of anatolia, i miss lioe 10 provinces at most maybe
And i hvae expanded into the balkans, zeta is my vassal and o have the territories south of dunabe
Naples has expanded also and is my northern border enemy where ive build like 4 forts

What is my purpose now?
Why should i am.towards? Im also back 3 tech levels and 3 idea levels on average against my western enemies, i also hsd the ebent to restore hellenism but i didnt.
Georgia is laso my vassal and i own all of crimea, a very rich territory

Improving your grammar.

Sounds exactly like National Socialism

Why even bother to play anymore, I have secured the border of the Qing Dynasty and established trade republics in South East Asia.

Sounds more like a phoneposter to me, either that or we have an actual Nip here in this thread.

Do what every big Empire ever did in history, overextend until you collapse.

exactly

I was on my phone and for some reason there is a 5 second time window between pressing a button and the letter appearing on the screen, which makes typing very tedious.

Even when I was done writing and clicked reply, I had to do the captcha thing again, and it continued writing in the captcha field… f

So now that I can properly write, what are some nice goals to set as the Empire of the Romans after I have secured entire anatolia and fortified the borders?

Did you already re-establish the Mare Nostrum?

Nope

pic related is how big I am

and other pic a nice event i got, OC

nice, saved
So you haven't re-established the mare nostrum. Mare nostrum is basically that you own everything that borders on the medditerranean sea. So to re-establish it you basically need to conquer everything of pic related.

sounds like a nice challenge

It can be leftism. Hitler purged the party of left wing members in 1934 though.

Hitler's regime was pretty intrusive and bent on shaping culture…

No. Of course, the games are pre censored in production, flags, etc.

That's what the Romans thought too and the madmen actually did it.

You need free DLC in order to have Hitler.

Yes, but that doesn't mean totalitarian.
inconvenienthistory.com/8/3/4172
research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/goeb60.htm

NS Germany didn't have or aim to acquire the level of social control that would distinguish "this is how you must live" from "this is how you should live".

can someone give me adivce on how to built my forts now that ive taken over all of Anatolia?
That means the corner bottom right that was missing, that belonged to the jaylays.
I also took over cilicia and part of dulka.

Leave 2 empty provinces of space between forts. You don't want their zone of control overlapping, or "issues" start to come up. Also put on mountains or w/e obviously.

That alone doesn't make totalitarianism. Totalitarianism means exactly what it looks like it means… TOTAL control over people's lives. This was not even remotely practiced in the Third Realm. About the furthest extent of state power used in the Third Realm were some over-zealous officials banning advertisements they deemed "too lewd" which got Reichsminister Dr. Goebbels pissed off at them for being too controlling.

basicly this.
also everyone hates eu4 and hearts of iron for some reason

I will be frank, user, you are being very persnickety about your definitions, and either ignorant, or subconsciously dishonest in view. I tripped over the same stumbling block in thinking, of a clean, balanced authoritarianism versus a an overbearing totalitarianism; this is foolishness, a relic of pre-fascistic thinking, from that larval stage where one admires the caricature of militarized order presented of the Realm or another power from its bloc yet will balk at supposed 'excesses.' 'Well, if they had no prejudice towards Jews and moderated their aggressions, I'd find no disagreements,' one thinks. 'If Hitler was out of the picture, things would've gone better,' one idly prates. Ignorant thoughts of half-formed, half-read minds, or else of traitors and backbiters bound to cowardly half-measures.

The entire idea of Totalitarianism is one concocted by the Italian Fascists and the proto-Nazis, particularly Giovanni Gentile and Carl Schmitt, with Benito Mussolini explicitly following, and Hitler speaking its language; Sadao Araki and Ikki Kita as well. It is the 'total representation of the nation and total guidance of national goals,' the ideal restructuring and restructuring of the ideal, with the State as the outward, mundane vehicle for exoteric and esoteric transcendence; to this end, 'we have everything within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state,' 'one people, one realm, one leader,' and 'eight crown cords, all the world under one roof.' To this end, we have unlimited state control moderated only by necessity, directed by an invincible Sovereign wrought through hardship and tempered with fanaticism, supported by an unlimited base of the whole of the Nation. A great, round chamber about a great series of steps, a throne at its center, the rise flanked by banners from every walk and every tier of society raised in universal consensus.

A lack of total exercise of state control, oversight and surveillance in spite of sufficient support due to the insufficient development conceptually or technologically of the necessary state organs and the utility of freer markets in the absence of said developed organs or else the backbiting obstruction of reactionaries retarding their development does not mean this ideological and indeed spiritual imperative towards the Total State is absent, nor does the malign use of such underdeveloped organs by materialist-Marxist states as enforced by bludgeon & bullet illustrate their nature as being self-samedly evil; one asks who has the organs, who uses them, and why, to what end. Unlike ideal-compromising pseudo-pragmatism, which taints and scourges ideology and ideal of what makes them what they are, the total state is merely a tool, a neutral thing, to be used or misused according to man, which we will color accordingly.

To reject totalitarianism is to begin the slow downslide of moderation into oblivion, taking every means from ones' hands as one seeks to operate within 'reasonable' bounds in political, intellectual and spiritual warfare with unreasonable, abhuman and antihuman beings, who feel no such compunctions to moderate. To condemn it is to invite hypocrisy when it is still used for ideal ends, and mar the ideal as not being so, if one would compromise it so readily with an unideal mean. To fear it is to let treachery into the heart when one sees what need be done done, to become another Wilhelm Canaris or another Stauffenberg, even though one will emulate these exact means out of necessity once ones' kinslaying is done. The total state, in whatever measure is necessary, in whatever measure is feasible, is both the means and the ends to the Ideal. And until one compromises that Ideal, there is no sacrifice too great if it advances these means and ends.

Now, entirely more relevantly to the thread, how's your South Africa game going?

So what's the opening play for Rome?

All I can figure is drop serbia and wait for their truce to expire to snipe off their vassels while taking the one greek province from bulgaria and taking galipoli ASAP using war dynamism and then possibly taking another territory in the peace deal when war score racks up.

How come halfchan has the patrician /gsg/ taste?

hitler.org/writings/Mein_Kampf/mkv2ch02.html

Well shit I just noticed the latest HIP release for CK2 v2.7.2 came out like 10 days ago, so now I gotta update my stupid HIP edits right after finishing the release version.

Also, could anyone with a verified paracucks account check this link for HIP's latest changelogs (if there's any)? I kinda need them.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/historical-immersion-project.845/

EMF v7.03
MAJOR:
Full compatibility patch with Crusader Kings II v2.7.2 (save-compatible)
[ SWMH ONLY ] Added new formation mechanics for England (most relevant to campaigns started in 867):
In 867, Wessex, Mercia, East Anglia, and Northumbria are all now de jure kingdoms, while the Kingdom of England title is titular.
When titular England is formed:
England's de jure status will "modernize," becoming the large de jure title with which we're so familiar and rendering those "petty" English kingdoms titular.
It will become the creator's primary title.
Any "standard" titular kingdom title held by the creator (e.g., Wessex after England absorbs its de jure territory upon formation) will be automatically destroyed if possible.
Custom-created kingdom titles will not be destroyed.
To form England, the requirements are similar to forming a de jure kingdom: the main difference is that instead of requiring half of the de jure counties of the kingdom, you'll need to control at least half of the English geographical region.
Fewer weird AI titular titles and less artificial border gore:
In order to reduce border gore induced by artificial game mechanics and reduce instances of strange titles being on the wrong parts of the map consistently, the AI now automatically destroys any titular titles that it holds but no longer requires to remain the same rank.
In practice, this is almost exclusively limited to "tribal" titular titles (though some titular titles notorious for artificially inducing border gore via gavelkind, such as the Kingdom of Asturias, will usually also be destroyed by this mechanic eventually). This is functionally very similar to the way in which "tribe=yes" titles worked before CKII v2.2 (Charlemagne) phased out their usage in vanilla.
Decline Empire Election self-targeted decision:
Sometimes, you don't want to become Emperor. This self-targeted diplo-decision (i.e., available when right-clicking on your own portrait) allows you to waive any right to the inheritance of a feudal elective empire within the lifetime of your current ruler.
The waiver cannot be revoked during the lifetime of your ruler, but your successor(s) will inherit normally (unless you use this decision again on them).
NOTE: Even after waiving the election, it's still possible/likely to appear within the UI to be the heir to such an empire, but this doesn't matter. The second in the line of succession will inherit the empire upon the death of the Emperor regardless of this minor UI incoherency. Your character will have a visible modifier to remind you that you've waived the election.

CHANGES:
Casus Belli and Wars:
AI is no longer allowed exception to the Medium Crown Authority requirement to use the De Jure Duchy Claim CB. Previously, the CB's extra availability to the AI was motivated by the desire for cleaner borders, and while that was effective, it also led to outcomes such as France reclaiming Normandy far earlier than was historically plausible. Realism and consistency is more important than our anachronistic border aesthetics.
AI is no longer allowed to attempt to make the AI Magyars a tributary until they've either migrated into the Carpathian Basin (due to losing enough provinces to their neighbors) or the year 920. This should improve the likelihood that the Magyars will migrate into the Carpathians, because if they gain tributary status, they're not likely to lose any more provinces on the Steppe.
[ SWMH ONLY ] Added new, more historically suited and highly sophisticated CB to be used in the various wars in the Viking Invasion of Britain (TOG). Also fixed-up the initial scripted invasion setup from SWMH, as it was in poor shape.
HRE Unification Claim CB:
Now works like a hybrid claim-and-subjugate CB which actively tries to minimize as much conquest-induced border gore as possible.
Previously, if the player had a strong or pressable weak claim on the target kingdom, the CB was blocked in favor of using the standard Claim CB. This is no longer the case; if both CB types are valid for you, you can choose your poison. TIP: If you can afford its [massive] prestige cost, the HRE Unification Claim CB will work better in general and in your favor (with virtually no downside beside the cost).
Added Capture Italian Border CB for Sicilian-region Normans vs. the Byzantine Empire:
Seizes all Byzantine border counties (within the Sicilian region) on success. [This is quite a lot!]
Costs 200 piety (twice the county conquest CB) to use. Related: If either this new CB or the slightly older Norman County Conquest CB invalidate for any reason, your piety costs will be now be refunded.
Careful: if you lose such an offensive war, the reverse demand from the Emperor is going to be especially steep for what is essentially a state of total war (upon a medieval budget). Seek a white peace if things have gone sour, as they oft unpredictably do when trying to fight the Roman Empire.
EMF will automatically hide the regular Norman County Conquest CB so long as at least 2 such counties would be seized using this CB, and otherwise, the Norman County Conquest CB is available instead.

Tribes:
Nerfed the base levy & tax provided by tribal holdings very significantly. Tribes will be significantly weaker at outset of the game, but those which can earn enough money and prestige to develop their tribal holdings will quickly grow in power as the game progresses, remaining nevertheless still slightly weaker than previously when fully-developed too. This seems to have addressed a lot of tribal balance issues (and increases difficulty in a fun way).
Tribal vassals will now be slightly less enthusiastic about answering call-to-arms from their liege (but still much more enthusiastic than a regular call-to-arms).
All tribal unit spawns now suffer standard attrition (previously was only half) and have a double-duration cooldown of 3 years.
Defensive pagans:
All such religions have had their levy size bonuses eliminated and their garrison size bonuses standardized (usually reduced).
The mercenary decision Summon Devout Warriors now costs +50% piety.
Halfdan, Ivar, Ubbe, and Sigurdr (of the alleged Ragnar Lodbrok) will now never offer to swear fealty to a Christian king when losing to them in a war, and they will also never use the Convert to Attacker Religion decision that more or less amounts to the same.
(867) A Future with Better Progression toward Ottonian-like HRE Formation:
This feature is actually still WIP, and it is intended to be later complemented by another module that actually waits and finds "potential Ottos" and improves the chances that they'll rise to power. For now, we've only worked on the other side of the equation: if a non-Karling does somehow gain a traditionally Karling title from a Karling, they and potentially their successor(s) will receive a small bonus to make it more likely that they'll rise even further.
If Historical Outcome Promotion is set to Sandbox, none of this will happen.
This is part of our personal philosophy on dynamism in the game: when the AI manages to do great things on its own, give it positive feedback so that it might be able to do even greater things. Of course, this requires a sense of scope and balance, but the idea is to avoid a mess of vaguely interesting AIs and instead promote several that stand out with their own story (and that of those they vanquished).
Initial availability of the HRE Unification Claim CB has been slowed so that it's more possible for non-Karlings to re-create the HRE. However, it speeds up after 900 AD and continues doing so until 950 when there is no further impedence. This has purely pragmatic motivations.
Independence factions will be less feisty within the Frankish Realm if the HRE is still considered being restored.
The AI will not declare war with the HRE Unification Claim CB upon targets defending against a civil war (again, purely pragmatic motivations).
Tweaked the Turmoil in The East (1219) bookmark's timing and selectable characters, as one (Yolande) was essentially an automatic game-over.
The religious head title for East African Pagan Reformed now has creation requirements.
Better Submodding / Personal Modding Support to Come: emf_config:
The emf_config module will provide a central place (events/emf_config.txt) where the 3 main types of EMF "configuration" occur:
Before EMF does its own campaign initialization
After it does initialization (but before the welcome event)
Upon every save/reload of a previous savegame (for preserving save-compatibility as the configuration changes)
While that file will explain a ton of variables and flags that can be set there and sets its own defaults, there is a separate file events/emf_config_user.txt which contains 3 empty events invoked right after "vanilla EMF" has done whatever it was going to do in each configuration stage. This is the perfect place for a submod / your personal mod to override and tweak a sweeping amount of behavior with absolutely minimal conflict with actual EMF files, making your diffs upon new releases either easy or trivial.
These are tweaks & behavioral changes that are inappropriate for game rules, BTW. Some game rules might spawn from the popularity of certain configuration options, but that is merely a bonus.
At the time of this release, what's configurable via emf_config is largely limited to the behavior of the first pass at a new feature in particular (as well as the behavior of our mechanics that prevent nomadic province culture / religion erasure, e.g. Leave A Tribe Behind). In the future, much more will be made simple to tweak via this interface.

MAJOR: As an Imperial liege, you may now grant kingdoms to feudal dukes in order to convert them to Imperial government too. This was always intended behavior.
Imperial Decay:
"Historical" decay ratings (i.e., set in history files) are again respected, so, e.g., the Byzantine Empire starts with a rating of 30 and the HRE with a rating of 10 in 1066, while the Abbasid Caliphate starts with a rating of 50 in 867.
MAJOR: Mechanic should now work properly across save & reload! A change in the way the base game considers variables in CKII v2.7.1 activated a dormant bug in EMF which resulted in decay ratings resetting to 0 when they shouldn't.
Fixed all instances of code suffering from a regression in the base game regarding character creation. Specifically, it gave them a random dynasty when it should not, and it randomized certain traits when it should not. Notable affected cases (not nec. all the time): Rollo/Hrolfr, Seljuk, Timur, Sabuktagin, Temujin and much of his family, the Imamah Claimant (a Fatimid), the founder of the Assassins (usually Hassan i-Assan), reincarnations of Isis, etc. Thanks to @Mafiabrett for the identification of the solution to the problem.
Fixed a crash resulting from Crusade Adventurers when the code is deciding what to do with them after a Crusade. Fixed some other Crusade code oversights.
[ VANILLA MAP ONLY ] Fixed the Latin Empire being impossible to create.
Isis will stop getting the Uncrowned trait, along with potentially other rulers of primary-type titles.
Catharism, Bogomilism, and Manichaeanism have always been designed by us to be religions which can support Investiture Law (religious head picks bishops vs. choice of free investiture). However, at some point CK2 started caring that we weren't also defining these religions as having the investiture feature (previously, it was enough to make the law available and have a religious head); now, the Investiture mechanic (including the appropriate Councils of Elders and other such variants upon the College of Cardinals enabled by the Sons of Abraham DLC) works like a charm for these religions again.

Hope this helps

Have it with the posts formatting

Now this guy put some effort in it

Thank you, boy that's a whole lot of work. Hope I'm done before the next patch.

You're welcome

Colonize America

Show the false emperor to the east that only purple shows imperium.

Pray for 2 siege general, make lesbos part of the state, declare war on Ottos asap, take over gallipoli, go on the other side.

Pray they go on the island and block the crossing with your fleet and take over the other province, from the one continue capturing everything and take all their province except for one.

Also meanwhile start preparing alliances when you exit the war so you wont get coalitioned.

Ottos will have 1 province left after that and you can take over greece.
Also abuse estates for manpower and shekels

Ok ive expanded this much now, ill try to mare nostrum.

Should I bother building forts and where?
asked before but i still cant get passt my autism and build them in proper locations

You don't really need forts much, at that size you're beating everyone on the offense anyway. Having lots of active real forts does reduce revolt risk though. This can be useful in areas with bad communication efficiency that would take forever to get to 0 revolt risk so you can core them.

New Thread

WE