Vivendi threatens to take over control of Ubishit

Shitastic french multimedia company Vivendi, you can guess how they lean in the social justice spectrum by the country they are from at this point, plans to overpower Ubisoft's founding stakeholders in directing the company. Current "owners" (really, they just own 13% of general stocks, and 20% of voting rights) have been siding with other shareholding partners to mantain control of the company, but that seems to be changing. Vivendi already owns 27% of general shares, and 24.5% of voting rights.

tl;dr: Two snakes who deserve each other are fighting. Vivendi has a track record with ruining gaming companies, see Sierra's history for that matter. They also hold shares on Blizzard and Activision. So if you too like to watch dumpster fires burn, then take your seat. Ubisoft wouldn't be worried over nothing, and I loves me some schadenfreude.

Other urls found in this thread:

oneangrygamer.net/2016/08/ubisoft-creative-director-implicated-in-dox-attempt-on-gamergate-supporter/9460/
archive.fo/AMlU1
steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1474221865193543172/?tscn=1504487650
blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-exploring-memphis-gamescom-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ubisoft used to make good games. That feels like a lifetime ago.

What a shitshow.

If Vienedi takes over Ubisoft I doubt anyone would notice.

The last Ubishit game was made 13 years ago. It's time to let go, it literally can't get any worse at this point.

They've been trying to take over Ubisoft for a few years now.
If Vivendi acquires 30% of Ubisoft's shares, they're required by law to make an offer to buy Ubisoft.

last good*

Watch Dogs 2 was fun, at least the supporting cast was engaging yet not shoved down my throat like in ACII

I would dispute theis claim. Ubisoft did mediocre games at best. Raiman, Splinter Cell… I can't really rremember any other "classic" franchise. Assassin's Creed for me marked the beginning of it's front appearance of competent game developer whiledelivers nothing but slightly polished turds of games.

Planet of Death has a nice little space in my heart.

I know ubisoft did some 3rd party publishing back then too. I don't have a list of everything but one of the games they published is Battle Realms, good rts game right there.

Barely.

Splinter Cell, like you said. They also published Rainbow Six 3 (the last good game in that series). They published Dark Messiah.
I guess they were always a better publisher than a developer. But even their published titles after 2006 or so are mostly shit.

It would work, too. French law specifies that it has to be a "tender offer," where they set a price at which they're willing to buy shares from shareholders. If 20% of the shareholders sell (and they will, if the price is even slightly higher than Ubisoft's current trading value), then Vivendi has it in the bag.

I love watching Ubisoft get fucked over. They completely deserve it.

I wonder why Vivendi wants Ubisoft so badly. They used to own Activision Blizzard, but got rid of them. Why do they think Ubisoft will be a better acquisition?

This is like watching a cancerous lump trying to outgrow another cancerous lump.

Liquidation. They buy the company when its about to launch several major titles, when those games finally hit, they sell the company, making a huge profit. Company then tanks taking the poor sucks that bought the remains with it.

How badly would Ubisoft be hurt if France (and Canada) didn't cuck out on choosing leaders?

Actually, AB bought themselves out of the ownership. Vivendi didn't give the companies up.

Vivendi will turn Ubisoft into a generic games factory which tbhfam is better than the socjoc cancer they currently are

Vivendi allowed AB to buy themselves back. Before that, Vivendi had been shopping around for buyers.

Ubishit makes a gem once in a console generation. Blood Dragon was great, and Siege is really fantastic with a surprisingly small amount of jewery.
The problem is everything else they make is shit and actively fucks over their consumers, so even when they make gems people are apprehensive in giving them money due to all the other shit they've done.

Shut up faggot.

And blocked it getting mod tools for years, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Just hold out until siege dies Ubisoft, then you have my permission to die.

That they put out some good games a decade ago, and it seems strange to think about now.

Nah, they did make some good games.

Well, they recently released a video called "Girls make games at Ubisoft". I think that might explain the decline in quality.

I can't wait for Siege to get absolutely shit because of this, so you can all feel the pain I've felt for actually investing yourself in an Ubisoft game.

Serve Ubisoft right for shovelling out nothing but shit the past years.

The second one, even though it was the edgiest, had the best gameplay.

Which PoP games are worth playing? I remember the first one fondly on my Apple II, but never played any more.
I assume the first 2 platformers are a yes, but what about the 3D games? I know there was a standalone 3D, the trilogy by Ubishit then a reboot by Ubishit.
Which should I go for?

Play the 2003 3d one by Ubisoft and if you like it maybe try the others in the trilogy. Ignore all the others.

Thanks.

What's wrong with the other ones?

BE NICE TO UBI SOFT OR THEY WILL DOX YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

CNN*

wrong, it is actually
oneangrygamer.net/2016/08/ubisoft-creative-director-implicated-in-dox-attempt-on-gamergate-supporter/9460/

The trilogy is good, although every game in it is very different.
Platformers might be all right, but I've never played them.
Don't play the last two games.

Is nigger kangs out yet? Whatever happened with that $700 collector's edition with no game or something?

I think it was $1000 of my kangaroo dollerydoos.
Comes out at the end of October, and as someone who has never played an AC game before, looks kinda alright.

I know people hate it because of the weird story and the shitty rehashing, but this one looks like it has some effort put into it compared to the others that reused models.
Plus, I've never tried the gameplay, so I can't dislike it for being more of the same.

It's on the "To pirate" list, but it's behind Ubishit's DRM and maybe Denuvo like their other big releases, so might have to wait it out.

archive.fo/AMlU1
steamcommunity.com/app/582160/discussions/0/1474221865193543172/?tscn=1504487650

Oh, and this was in response to this question:

>Why Does Aya Have A Nigerian Accent?
>Source: Ubisoft's blog blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-origins-exploring-memphis-gamescom-2017/

Old news, it's been well over two years by now since they made their push, they failed the takeover at a critical board meeting.
You must be an adult to post here.

I don't terribly care about VAs, I just want to have fun running about pyramids screaming about being a KANG.

That being said, if every Arab speaks like a Nigerian, it would piss me off, but I'm pirating, so it's not like I can boycott it harder.

B-but, this isn't how it works, Ubisoft.

Yes, there is, by not even wasting your time with a shit game from a shit company and instead spending it playing, better, another game, or doing something of greater with your time.

And,, fucked up some of my grammar in that post.

You can't ruin something that's already fucked.

I don't know, user. My backlog was incredibly long and I work through maybe 2 or 3 games a day, including shitposting time, uni time, work time and home time not including vidya.
The backlog is drying up and is down to ~50 from ~600 2 years ago.

You trust France, of all countries, to have a non-pozzed mainstream media?
I stand by what I said

it's ironically better then what's happening here in America. They actually have to face the refugees with the huge rape and crime rates and they didn't like that.

At risk of sounding repetitive, Vivendi's media outlets, as per usual of many if not every mainstream media of most countries (and even moreso in fran-macronsaidsomethingbadaboutafricasohemustbearacist-ce) is mostly composed of leftist-leaning individuals, opposed by varying degrees of other dissenting, but still outnumbered, media outlets.
There's nothing wrong in pointing out media bias, user. Why so butthurt about it?

I can see how public opinion might be a different matter. But I'm talking about media.

Original was top tier. Even the remakes were pretty good.