SS13 - Space Station 13 - LOL Edition

Its an autistic shift-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://165.227.105.190:1488
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
8chanserverhost is the current host and head admin for Honkstation.
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
If you know anything in regards of the game, and you'd like to help us, we need to update the information on the wiki, and it would be fantastic if you could contribute. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fngyh23a
sacred-texts.com/shi/aft/aft.htm
colonial-marines.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14681&p=159128#p159128
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Rules
github.com/RoleplayRascal
github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station
github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15077
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/30530
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BENIS

IUNCUS OR RIOT
Also tribbles would be nice.

decent xenomorphs when

How to make decent xenomorphs thanks

it'd be an actual project that'd need some level of dedication, so it isn't about the how, it's more about the commitment to actually finishing it.

How big is his clit?

We're currently reworking some antagonists that are either broken, or fucking shit. Aliens would be prioritized later, if someone hint hint gives us a general idea regarding on how to make aliens great again.

very big

do you even have any idea how to fix those other antags first?

Yes.

Chill, I have school which can slow progress. I did get more of cargo detailed, and I mapped out the part of the chapel on Z level 1, as well as the NT rep's office.
I also must sleep.

would you explain then?

Remember 2skeleton.

Could convert aliens into Zerg. Make them a tad more RTS by spawning zerglings like lings spawn spiders.

The antagonists we are not reworking are; Traitor, Changeling, Nuclear, Cult, Wizard, Blob and Abduction. They may be given improvements or features, but they won't be completely reworked. The others, however, like gang, rev, probably malf and shadowling will be reworked into something that isn't shit. We will try to keep the general concept behind it, but if its shit, then it will be changed. Our current target for reworking right now is shadowling.

This is a simulation game, please be more accurate

so what are the plans for gang, rev, malf and shadowlings then? although shadowling gang and malf don't really need all that much doing to them tbh

exactly 20 foot long ish

Those fucking hips are unreal.
Too bad i'm not into xenofaggotry, i'd totally bang that if it were human.

Okay nevermind I'm just going to filter

Revolution ends too quickly for an impactful round, especially with the population we have. I'd like Revolution to not be a murderfuck rush to the heads and make it more like its a bunch of revolutionaires against nanotrasen.
Gangs usually ends with one gang who killed the other gang in the first 5 to 30 minutes, and are now waiting for the station to be captured. I'd like to make the gangs feel more like gangs instead of a revolution group, Maybe something like cult.
Malf doesn't really need to be reworked, but fixed since its usually never played and its kind of a shitshow regarding its mechanics.
Shadowling is getting a full rework due to the fact that its really a cult-lite, and I'd like to make shadowling into more of a puppeteer or a predator that lurks in the shadows, messing with people's minds and infecting them with his dirty genomes. Think of a reverted/opposite changeling

tbh

You gay nigguh?

There's a thing about raping and pillaging other human settlements and raping and pillaging alien species' settlements. There just isn't the same spark if you can't socialize with them afterwards.

so what are your plans for rev, gangs and malf then?

so exactly the same as what it is now then o.k, that sprite is trash btw

So, you want to go full space viking. But you want some one to talk to after you're done raping?

Okay Eric but you're kind of a pansy.

I can't play spessmen anymore due to a life, however I continue to browse the thread instead. They've been exceptionally good in brainstorming and positivity towards one another. It's inspiring to see Zaers optimize the code and prefers the thankless, and modest approach of knowing that others will reap enjoyment from his good work.
It almost makes me want to pick up programming and without a lpptop or a physical keyboard, I refuse to go through the learning process.
And I'm glad to see someone remembered my water pipes idea. Mining could be expanded upon to include a role of serving as one of the potential sources of water collection for the station. Research could also function as an integral role to upgrade the water recycling plant, and it would make for another traitor mechanic added to the game.

Make the sprites not literal black noodles and maybe it'll be good.

its a joke you fucking dumbos
jesus fucking christ

There's a certain kind of enjoyment in understanding the kind of screams that those whom are under your rod, be it metal or flesh, curse at you with before you decapitate them. With xenos you just get hisses, which is annoying and boring as fuck, besides you can't even fuck them without rubber because of their acidic snatches which is extra gay.

if that's the kinda shape it'd have then it's trash

It be cool if changeling became less combat reliable. Because as is I can murderbone easily as a ling.

I imagine shadowling then should have the ability to make people think they're an antag so that they can kill for them, or something like that. Shadowlings should start off as like a vulture, imo

No, You're right. we're going back to the original design with it having large, uncoloured muscles.

/tg/ murderboning is simple since combat is trash

have the bloody spriter who wanted to help out do it you fucking idiot

All of the sprites shown aren't going to be used. Don't be autistic.

I was making a generalization about fucking aliens. Not Xenomorphs in particular.
You should just admit you're hoping your next rape will have a bit more meaning to your life Erik.

again, have the bloody spriter who wanted to help out do it you fucking idiot, you got in contact with him right?

Nah man, I have some real artistic talent, see?

*autistic

Hey man. You can't diss a good plunging after being sixty days at space-sea with your warband. Gotta relieve stress somehow.

Yes, I'm in contact. I'm working on holograms, and AIs. Now the title screen.

What do you think of them, user?

its trash

I'm not.
I'm implying you want to talk to your rape victims like a WOMAN would.

honestly I think you need some better ideas given to you, that thread where you asked you really got lack shit in responses.

I'd prefer different kinda AI cores instead of just their screens and holograms, also can you put this gif in which someone else made? I don't think it actually got put in

The fuck did you just say you fukken nigger? I'll robust the shit out of you the next time i see your shitty station near my sector, you fucking pansie nanotrasen niggers.
nice trips

pastebin.com/fngyh23a

Boyhole frots not lesbian scissoring ok praise cuntboys

tbh

Repeating what I said in game,
Having a mute woman straddle me as she strangles the life out of me, slowly absorbing my essence into her bosom, I don't terribly mind it. Just wish she asked before applying the succ.

Gimme the straight dope boys do we xenoarcheology in here or no

Yisssss.
Guro is a shit fetish.

yeee

ur shit tbh

Friendly reminder that being into guro is worse than being a cuck.

smh tbh

cboy supremacy tbh >:3

tbh

fuck

shoulda been more patient

You chucklefuck, it was I the librarian who disarmed the initial bomb. Threw it in dorms. Why would I just roll over and let you blow up my shit?
Good blast radius though. It took a whole ten seconds for my body to feel any of the damage, and then I got instant puree'd.

sacred-texts.com/shi/aft/aft.htm
I'd like to direct your attention to tale "xxix".
Remind you of anything? Deepest lore. It wasn't just referencing Japanese phrases, but also traditional folk tales of non-Yamato Ainu ethnicity.

What did he mean by this?

the fuck is an ainu?

what did you mean by what did he mean by that?

Fake image
Camera isnt moving and dropped items like boxes are grid aligned

it could be a different code base, like /vg/

They look like native americans with a smidge of Nip.

Aw fuck it.

Nothing new under the sun, WGW has a predecessor. The ending circumstances are different, but the general concepts are similar enough that I'd put them in the same archetype. Should I extend the analysis of WGW I'll surely reference this folk tale.

They were mistaken for European heritage by the first British traders, as they have strong jaws more brown hair and rarely light eyes. Also, this tale is one of the cleaner ones. The man who took them down really didn't want to save his scholarly duty, as it went against all his morals to even hear about such vulgar things.

So could we say it's the Ainu's fault and thank them for Japanese doujin material?

It's deactivated.
Nu/tg/ lets you place objects anywhere using some fancy voodoo with the ATOM system.

first image looks like the jokers wife

Ainu Cheeki Breeki

8station wiki needs to be revised a bit. Some of the information is wrong or missing. For example:
And other shit.

Feel free to just dump the info and erase the wrong stuff regardless of how pretty it looks.
You'd be doing yourself and others a favor.

i barely know enough about the game as it is.

on that note do i retain memories when i get cloned? Last night i prevented a terrorist from being cloned after i was cloned and after reading some shit im not sure if i should have. I know borgs and pbrains dont have memories but thats it.

If it doesn't say anything, then just RP foggy memories

You remember everything up until death. Anything as a ghost is forgotten and you can't act on it (but everyone totally does when they """accidentally""" prep and kill the xeno nest in maint)
It's up to you how much you want to remember. I usually throw shitty tators under the bus, but if someone RPs and makes it funny, I'll forget who killed me.
Too bad no-one else does and throw me under the bus constantly in under 2 seconds because of the desire to stop greentext

Since you're new, remember this:
Everyone is RPing, so don't be a cunt and ruin someone else's good RP for memes or just to be a cunt.
Ruining shitty "I'm a nigger lmao I grew watermelon" RP is totally acceptable and I'd encourage it.

This
Still pissed a good ling run was ruined by a wizard recently. It was fun to watch the horror show, picking off target by target, but then a wiz who was amongst the dead zeroed in out of fucking nowhere to ruin it. Pumped himself full of doctors delight, cheated death like three times.
Little to no RP.

Camera is deactivated and even on our codebase you could put all the cardboard on a table as you please to place properly and then deconstruct, leaving them arranged the same

Press F12 several times.

RP is lost on some anons.

It should remain in that state even once you pick it up from the table.
There was this meme on a server I used to go to where the admins would place the top-tier guns and weapons behind unsimulated glass, but placed it so it looked to the casual observer like it was on an open tile.

Made me chuckle as the greytide/BRs rushed for it and started fights over something unobtainable.

I would say that if a competent AI is present, maybe you shouldn't remember anything on Cloning, but if there's no AI then what's to stop someone from murderboning.

Hack a mulebot and run over the perp when he's being a faggot.
Craft a spear and chuck it at him, it it sticks he's as good as dead.
Use soap and a table.
Learn what the fuck welderbombs were made for.

ha

we should copy lifewebs combat honestly

Fuckin invisible asshole

coldsteel, he named him self, he's done this before.

why am i downloading 47 megs after that last round

I restarted the server. No idea why it's making you download anything.

I died as hitler. I actually did botany the way it was intended with a chef that actually cared. We got to RP despite having traitors, a space ninja and an ERT arrive on the station. I feel happy.

Lifeweb's combat is insanely complex despite the fact that the first getting hit is completely crippled and fucked. All the different styles and stances, plus the way to handle melee weapons and how actually strong and slightly-realistic they are makes up for it. You can straight up debrain people with a crowbar so hard their bodies get launched a good 3-4 tiles backwards plus the absolutely gorgeous bone-crushing SOUND it makes is so satisfying.

after playing it for the first time, I don't know why anyone could find /tg/'s shitty combat fun what so ever and defend it autistically like people do

tbh

This MAY be the lobby screen. What are your opinions on this?

needs some kinda title(welcome to honkstation), maybe have it as a sign

Did any of you guys see that clown that was hiding from gay people all shift?

Ya

that was a mime not a clown, dummy!

No there was definitely a clown too

then who was dummy?

No idea but its understandable if you didnt see the clown. He was good at hiding after all.

but then who was hiding?

What I wanna know is where's the caveman

The clown. He was hiding from gay people

>he still hasnt caught on

This game is great but the one thing that kills it for me is admins breathing down youre neck at the strangest times.

Ive blown out entire holes in the space station with IED + Fuel tank for probably 2 days going now and no admins given a fuck. Yet when the eacape shuttle was a minute out from docking with Central and i shot someone on board i got a admin screeching about my use of excessive violence and threatening me with a perma ban.

Admins in this game detract from the atmosphere. Wheres the fun in evading security and trying to self antag on occasion if a God just steps in and says youre a faggot? It really detracts from the immersion and story of the experience.

I guess I'll throw out a mupdate because bar edition. Took an user's suggestion and had it straddling old and new bars. The idea is that Old bar was really damn nice but got full of mobs or something and had to be abandoned. NuBar was slapped onto the north side of the bartending area in a hurry. I might make old bar a vacuum, but it might be neat if it was BartenderQuest to clear out the bar and fix it up; taking suggestions.

I agree, though on Honkstation they're cool. Usually you just get bullied for a minute and if you continue to be retarded there's a chance you'll get bowinked, but they tend to be reasonable, especially if you can make it hilarious instead of just powergaming. In a game on another server, HOS beat the shit out of me for nothing, charged me with a bunch of crimes (that the scientist did and was bragging about), and brigged me for a while. Admins marked it as an IC issue. I decide that security is unjust (IC, see) and make a grenade for the shuttle. No security response when I lit half the people on the shuttle on fire, leaving a small hull breach. Instantly admin is jumping down my throat.

Could put the entrance behind emagged open maintenance, with a graffiti arrow on the ground marking entrance. As though the bar's backroom was converted to house the whole bar. Doors operate by crowbar alone.

Just realized, there's no pool table. How hard would it be to code the bar's table to be felt green if there are only two adjacent to each other? Or foosball, just something to make the bar look bar'ish besides the alcohol.

Trying to imagine what sort of beastie could be quarantined in there, that wouldn't just tear its way out while the survivors barricaded it in like that. Perhaps a ton of killer tomatoes? Bloody Mary's in celebration? Or perhaps the wood in the flooring was treated properly and sprouted killer trees? Or worse yet, the wall of vendors went rogue all at once.

Well I'm going to put pool tables and gambling machines in the old bar.
I like the idea about the crowbar maintenance doors, that's happening.

colonial-marines.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14681&p=159128#p159128
Fuckin wew lad.

Player of the year
This admin team desperately needs subverting.

they need to be taken out back and shot

You shouldn't be going out of your way to kill, maim and destroy things when non-antag, even less if you're actually loyalty-implanted security. Goes against common sense in-game as well as out of it, and it's kinda hard to pinpoint who does what with the tools moderators have, you have to see things for yourself or depend on someone else's eye sight and adminhelp and logs to correlate shit behaviour, which is probably why they din't caught you for bombing hallways but did when you fucked shit up at the shuttle filled with people.

Do you often play on hippie? It may breed that kind of shitter-behaviour into you because everyone else playing there is probably a normalfag who got into the game thinking its a robusto simulator from some video of a shitty eceleb that can't roleplay to save his own life. There's no second where someone isn't straight up griefing for no reason.

Like this?

Wasted trips on a nigger who cant read.

I dont but near end games at times i would bomb people who'd been afk for the entire game and blow out part of the ship and they didnt bat an eye.

The game seems to succeed the most when its a wild west with moral suggestions and player enforced punishment, be it shitcurity or people taking things into their own hands. I know the game cant subsist on that alone, and some rules must exist. But its definitely a less is more philosphy to maximize the fun of a "shit going wrong simulator" and consistency in said rules is important.

And no, i bummed around a lot of servers but ultimately landed at one i like with medbay and no gay elevators. Has a decent pop of 80-100

Why aren't the walls made of rust and the table filled with shit if that is iuncus station?

no I know exactly what your problem is, you only care about your fun and damn anyone elses fun

that's much better, although I think some harsh lighting is in order as well

You literally made up an argument out of nothing. I never once mentioned switching self-antag mid round and then going back. You're a unironic illiterate nigger operating on a knee jerk reaction because someone welded you in a locker once.

oh yeah? then what do you mean when you said "Wheres the fun in evading security and trying to self antag on occasion", basically this video I'd bet

the average hippie nigger

This slippery slope has been slipped before. Not just by players but by admins too.

Thats a round by round basis and in no way a mid round switch. Hence the word

If youre going to self antag its in the rules that you can within reason but thats the problem is theres no clear cut for that so they want you asking admins every step of the way. Thats the most immersion breaking experience i can think of. Its hand holding with some faggot on a video game telling you whats ethical for an antogonist role based on his whim. Either you are consistent in the rules or youre not (not to mention consistent in enforcing them or youre not) and thats the problem.

This good?

When its a literal misfire of a gun and the game is 30 seconds from the traditional massacre at the end anyway, yeah ill stand by my statement that it was not a huge issue considering no one even died and there was no mal intent.

Mapanon here My ID changes alot because of commute

I certainly like it.

This is comfy.

you're obviously talking about a different server but let me tell you something, if that server also has a pop issue then no shit the admins are going to get up into your panties when you do shit which makes people leave specially if you're not even in the correct role to do so in but "it's o.k if I'm having fun" right

it's getting there, I think some cracks in the window and maybe broken glasses with spilled whatever on the table too would really help

:)

You don't know comfy until you host a D&D game in the library

So your issue is that it boils down to breaking immersion? Specifically because you have to interact with another person? Okay…

Well you'd have known that if you'd bothered to read.
Fucking wew
Yeah you really didnt read.
Youre going to tell me security never accidentally hits people with fire when theres shit going down and youre trying to save lives?

Man, i dont know what someone did to you but its pretty clear that one time you got griefed you made sure to have an admin on speed dial. You might find Goonstation or Reddit more youre speed, and i dont mean that in an insulting way, i think you'd just be in common company.

E:

Or

Gee its almost like in a RPG space sim i would like to spend more time in apace than a chat box discussing the ethical ramifactations of my actions with a Goon.

:O) it's not an argument if I don't agree with it

That's the last time I assume a gun has a firing pin
Clown, where the fuck was the disk, and Jonas, why the fuck did you just stand there. You left a HULK to the defusing?
All around a good round.

It isnt because you implied it was a non combat situation, which it wasnt. Someone tried to blow out the shuttle windows and a civie caught misfire. So no, you are literally holding an empty sack.

You can just examine weapons to check for pins, it takes a single click to do so.

so when are you going to fully explain what happened in detail or are you just fine stringing along new and exciting ways of this classic story, when's the reveal that the person you hit was actually the antag all along and that he was also the admin who bowink'd you

.t illiterate nigger.

I think someone(you) needs to back track here again

Looks whose talking.

see

Except you dont have one.

You started with On Occasion equating to mid game changes of intent, which isnt what it means. It means every now and then deciding to play self antag. So you hopped off that and then screeched retardidly about trying to game the system for a misfire in a situation where the intent was clearly non malicious and happe s to everybody in Security at least once, and garnered an over reaction from an admin whereas legitamate cause for alarm like welder bombs was no problem.

So no, you are without irony retarded.

You din't post all information regarding the situation or incident, we have no way to know other than your own words, which obviously can be biased for all we know or you can switch it up in any way you need them to be once someone calls you out on it.
We still don't know if you were banned for that, or if you had an extensive notes list and the admins were looking for an excuse to ban you for being terrible at the game. Besides, you already said you kill people (braindead, maybe, still are players who logged and may have had connection issues or whatever) and make holes into station (which can kill other people because atmos) for no reason, the reasoning would quickly shift into that of the mind of a shitter by just reading this without explaining context as you did in .

I still want to believe this is all a misunderstanding due to a lack of communication betweeen each of the two but it's way more funny to watch the both of you squabble at eachother for inconsequential shit instead of playing spessmen.

You sure about that?
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Rules

I was looking to avoid specifics in my original post because hell man, yoy never know whose watching and id rather keep my profile as low as possible.

Its hardly a misunderstanding as it is a e-sjw on his crusade against imaginary enemies that live rent free in his head.
But i'll be the bigger man and drop it.

Different server mate.

It's disgusting

On Occasion means from time to time, but it's your definition so I guess you can make up whatever and still be right or you could have said "every few rounds" or the like but you're so caught up in little wigglies and just wanting people to agree with you out right that every argument against you is no argument right ducky?

This is the saddest hair splitting attempt ive ever seen tbh fam. I bet if i said i play shaft miner on occasion that equates to me switches roles back and forth same round at whim too.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

it's hair splitting when I don't agree with the argument xd

Ah the coup de grâce of the man who had no argument.

kys tbh fam

why are you such a fucking alcoholic nigga?

Ok

it's really like my western political comics

Ok

it's really like my western imagine board ms paints!

Ok

tbh

Ok

just like, argument bro

Heres your chance. Articulate youre argument or continue to shitpost and damage control.

just like merely pretend your argument bro it's not damage control bro tbh

I think the writings on the wall on this one.
Time for spessmen

it's like I'm really on 4chan or something bro don't have to listen to points when they're presented or nothing bro

Pretty dank, do you have any of the Swastica in working .gif or webm for a sample of the animation?

What the hell am I looking at?

it's o.k if it's feminine ironic

Mapfag can we have an SCP-173 style room with a woody doll?
I saw an image in the last thread that had this concept but i cant find it now.
other SCPs would be cool too. Maybe stick them in xenobiology.

What a nigger

only if it's decent tbh

yes this exactly

That was the previous thread's OP you nigger.

Changeling Traitor
I had fun in the end.

Hulk here. I wanted to meet you because touhous are a cute, but if you were just going to fireball everyone then i'm not sorry for pushing the button that caused the explosion.

Again I wasn't going to but then someone tried shooting at me. In fact I actually healed my first mishap. You were all carrying guns, that was my cue that you weren't friendly. Sorry if that soured your mood.

I had no idea that you were blowing everyone up though, except for that fireball directed at the roboticist whom, on my side, appeared to have happened by someone else with a firewand because it was out of my line of sight. I was gonna try finding you after eating some chow but a fish told me to push a button, so i did. I'm sorry.

WHO /OCEANCREW/ HERE

Fucking hell, that poor sec officer, I assumed you stole his identity.

All of that death, yet a peace of corgi meat and the last survivor evaded you.

That was a great shift. Fuck you, Vaughn Shekelberg, but not as much as the entire crew who stood there as I was screaming help.

Also our lobby screen is done.

Changeling Traitor: Round 2

it's brutty guds

I still don't like how that e-gun looks, it really doesn't look like the energy guns, which are supposed to be like rifles. Even if you were to undersize them to pistol size, the hand doesn't grip it correctly and looks uncanny as fuck, plus the gun itself looks way too small even for a laser pistol.
Shotgun is kinda fine though. Nice detail with the severed arm by the way.

That was a shit shift, at least I got to make a good meme.

What did he mean by this?

five minute murderbone low pop rounds are always "fun"

[Mupdate], because I like the bar (or hate it) edition. Under the left most metal foam is just some bar stools, and the booze dispenser. Soda is behind the green blobe mens. I figured the threat shouldn't be very sentient as they wouldn't just chill in there otherwise. Spiders and then carp, maybe?

Only if a codefag really wants to code WGW and various SCP that badly. Could have it as a research station onna nother Z level. I've never played SCP so I wouldn't really do it justice.

Did you ever find me? I was the bald RD who went braindead in his closet.

What did he meme by this

Its come a long way, mite wana add more blood to the arm though fam.

OH fuck me, I do.
Here's how I'd do it:
There's two approaches here.
We can go and copypaste existing SCP's.
This has the problem that once you know what that particular SCP is, you already know 100% how to deal with it and maximize rewards.
OOOORRRR
I can code up something that generates SCPs.
Kinda like this:
The way they work is that when you perform tests on them, you get clues as to what activates them. These activtors in turn are linked to effectors that produce effects.
Mutators are in the middle: an activator might simply alter a mutator and that mutator alter the effectors.
As example:

Something like this anyway. This is just the ground theory, would need lots of content added over time to trully give you new and strange SCP's
From the perspective of the player, that's a "safe" SCP that is harmless. if it trully does nothing at all, it's inoperative/dead.
I can however code them to always do something, but that's not nearly as fun.

Last thing I'd add: breach mecanism.
Something should cause them to escape and each SCP would have their own method of escape.
The point is that after you open their "cage", you have to keep an eye on them to prevent breaching.
Or you could be a filthy traitor and order 50 of them in cargo.
We can even have a 10 TC traitor item that spawns an SCP that rolls for special traitor-only nefarious uses.

For the sake of meme value, we could include a 5% chance that any SCP generated would be a legacy one, like 173.

HECK NO MAN that shit isn't possible to defeat until you get rifles and riot armor, they are so strong they used to be only admin-spawns or vial-render shit which is one of the Wizard's tools. I don't think anyone except maxed out medbay or security with shotguns could defeat these numbers either, even less the beanbag-packing bartender and his pack of maids assistants. Consider changing them all for blob tile pieces (no core), blob spores and a blobbernaut where the soda machine is at.
Also, consider changing the clown for a mega spacecarp, else it WILL get killed by the carps or the abominations/blobspores.

Haven't played for a while. How many times has management changed? Who's who? What station is used?

Have a couple preset rares, like sheriff doll (in the case of these presets you're probably screwed, sometimes literally) but for the most part I like the rando generation. I like it, and they don't always need to do something, though if they are null by default they should have mutators so eventually they can do something, with a chance for it to be well and truly null so the player just doesn't know.

The clown is already dead. Part of the funs some user ideafagged was having a dead beaten up clown in the old bar cuffed to a barstool.
I'll change up the mobs though. Blob units sound pretty good in the back. Opinion on a couple spiders?

Chaos was admin but he stepped down, and it is now 8chserverhost.
Currently using MetaStation but I am the mapfag for a potential new map called Iuncus.

Too many times
Nobody knows, we now have anonymous ckeys on the server so you can't know who's who. This somewhat avoids drama.
Old cheesepizza station codebase on metastation map.
We're also working on a new station called junkstation, if you even spent half a minute skimming through the thread you could have seen it.

This sounds better tbh. A few blobbernauts, maybe of a dangerous chemical? That might be a good enemy type for the whole station, and would help deconstruct shit all over.

Spiders are fine as long as they're separate from the blobs and carps since they don't seem to like eachother. Maybe in a room with the beer closet or whatever? They're kinda slow moving, so you'd need them to put them in a hard-accessable area with tables to make them a threat.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that they break walls. I don't necessarily want that at round start. I might throw one 'naut in there and once I stop being lazy about it and figure out how to run the map myself for testing to see what it does.
Might do spiders and carps, although killer tomatoes might be ideal. Carp in the back maybe because of spess breach.

I didn't even think about SWATomatos, they're absolutely a good choice to pick since they're incredibly fast and pack a good punch.

In the area i suggested, the wall that leads to space is actually difficult to access, it would just lead the blobbernaut to exit through the left-most wall if you try to cheese it with the airlock and beanbags.

I think I'm set on tomatoes and carp then, but since I'm not super familiar with robusting one mob vs another, which side should the tomates be on? Which mob is deadlier? Zone 1 is on the left.

I dunno about using the sheriff doll since I was gonna make a whole system for them.
Re-making the doll is an idea however, since I want some of them to be agressive.
I've mulled over it and thought up a way for this to work.
The shell basically tells you how to interact with it. Machines can be turned on, have objects inserted, interact with power, stuff like that.
Biological SCPs can be adminitered chems and are mobile.
Small items are just that: stuff you can carry in your pocket.
Receptors are stuff you interact with. Slots to insert items, a belly to hold chemicals, the ability to see humans, stuff like that.
Actuators are things that provoke an effect on the world. Aka: how the SCP interacts with you. Releasing smoke, speaking, producing chems, power, stuff like that.
Mutators are things that aren't interactable nor provoke an effect: they change the way the SCP works inside of it. Converting chems, spawning items inside of itself, making it angry things like that.

To make it hard to explore the inner-workings of an SCP, they'll have multiple sensors, mutators and actuators based on their danger level (I forgot, but I think Ketter is the worst one for instance) with a maximum of 5.
Then they have "layers".
For machines, these layers are called "circuit Alpha-Beta-Gamma-Teta-Omega".
Biological SCPs have Neural Pathway with some 5 names I haven't picked.
Small items have Protocols. Again, haven't picked a name for them but the last one should be Zion.
The names and distinctions are all purely cosmetic and for flavour.
What happens is that every component will have one or two layers it connects to and the layers can be "active" or "de-active".
Actuators will turn on layers as long as they're active. Mutators can KEEP them active even if the actuator that fired it up shuts off.
Both mutators and actuators being function when one of the layers they're connected to becomes active.
At first, you'll not know anything about the SCP. So you can scan it for activators. After doing so, you'll have to active them, preferably one by one. Everytime a layer activates, you can scan it again and register that layer. This will then let you create tools to manually activate layers. Either a sort of harness that is immobile after wrenching and let's you hold the SCP in a public place with a pre-configured array of activated networks, a remote you can use from your hands or a simply neural/emp/bleeper prod you hit the SCP with to start up those layers.

End-game shit I'd like but can't think up of a way to balance: dissamble SCPs, stockpile their components and build your own!
But if you think about it for a second, you'll realize just how OP this would be.
Maybe have the SCP's resist it in some way.
Reassembling machines would instantly drain the APC of the room, reassembling biological SCPs would need clonexadone, but small objects you'd just have to screwdrive them because they produce lesser effects.

The "rare" one's could be the old SCP's we all know and love made up of parts like this but "locked" so that you can't dissamble them.

Now here's the fun part. Breaching.
Every component has a Breach effect. This are things the SCP will use to generally cause mayhem. For instance: a slot that can accept items will try to scoop up items from the ground, your hands or nearby. If the slot is big enough for people… you better run. Some effects that produce mental compulsions will cause hallucinations in a radious, physical effects might let it bash down walls and people and Bluespace effects will let them teleport. I'll need to compile a large list of these effects first though.

Lastly: while I'd like to let SCP's arrive on the station via cargo (in crates labeled with the appropriate danger rating) for people to nig'em and cause mayhem.
But a more efficient and science-related way would be the teleporter. Just have them arrive via-bluespace, requested from the SCP Consortium. We could slap a timer, or have you return fully studied SCP's. Small Object SCP's could come in crates of 3.
All these small things are a matter of tunning for later, right now I just want that SCP that plays music and makes people dance till they die.

Carps are the easiest, they have like 25 hp but they do have a stunchance, though that is very low. They are best in numbers because despite being fast, they don't deal much damage if you have armor.
Tomatoes would be the second easiest. They are incredibly fast and pack a huge punch, but they don't deal stuns and are easy to dispatch with ranged weapons as long as you keep them away from your kneecaps.
Third and hardest would be spiders, since if they bite you once, you MUST take any sort of anti-toxins asap or you will die from their poison. The issue with them is that their power is relative to the amount of shit they cocooned and that they move slowly, but they are incredibly sturdy in melee and also pack a huge punch per hit.

Sounds really good. Especially if it would help combat some really awful antags like xenos and blob. (Perhaps by producing diamonds or solid plasma, or random high tier science components to be able to get xrays and mechs, for some examples of positive effects) Maybe having two of the same type (mech, bio, etc.) nearby each other causes them to scramble each other, or causing a breach. This means you're fine with three being near to each other as long as they're different types. This wouldn't be a factor when they each have a cage, but when you wanna start wielding them for yourself it prevents all the greytides from dragging 5 SCP's around each without consequences.

Also, order them from cargo, and have a special teleporter in science. I do not plan to have regular telescience at roundstart because I hate it now. Doing it the right way and doing the math by hand takes far too long for one set of coordinates, so fuck that. I even used wolfram alpha to help and it still took 30 minutes to lock in the spare ID coordinates, and I didn't even get the ID at the end of it., so could have a one way teleporter to send properly fully studied SCP's back to NT in their arrival crate (With some kind of research report maybe), and get shit tons of supply points for it.
a) Cargo will love you and order you more SCP's despite them being expensive.
b) Once you have the points, cargo can actually order things to really help speed up the station fixing (Just whatever is needed)
c) Cargo can order more pizza to celebrate.
I guess instead of telescience I'll expand xenobiology to have facility for slimes and SCP? Or I could leave out the slimes… I mean there's lot's of possibilities at this stage.

Right, carps and then tomatoes it is, then. Might have a fridge with some tomatoes and a beaker of unstable mutagen in it for
deepest lore

Here's an idea, to make it necessary to move fast, a single ling-spider spawns in AI room with the mice.

pic fucking related

So you started by taking a moral high ground and end by shitposting and plugging your ears?
Well if the shoe fits. If im reading this right you just basically said "well im double pretending". I guess in your head that seemed like 44th dimensional chess.
Goons need to stop pretending they understand Chan "culture".

This fucking story. It reminds me of some poor bastard the other day.
Best round

I guess my singularity fu is rusty

That it is, I thought you did it on purpose.

All of my want
Make research fun again.

fuck i didnt mean to upload a picture

I mean it fits, so an unintentional win, I guess.

Mapanon here. Bored in class so I thought I would come up with some SCP effects and activators if you hadn't had some of these:
Activators
-Activated by light (Or a lack of light)
-Activated by substance (Water, specific chemical, fire, some kind of food, blood [even a specific blood type] etc.)
-Activated by sound (anytime someone speaks. Can also do a specific emote. Have your scientists innaroom just screaming, gasping, and moaning at strange objects.)
-Activated by electricity (when on top of a node wire and powered.)
-Activated by presence (a specific type of creature being nearby, or a specific minimum number of life forms)
-Activated by trauma (injury, be it brute, burn, toxic, or oxy)
-Activated by trauma to another
-Activated by touch
-Activated by being observed
-Activated by not being observed (observation could be funny with gas emission)

Effects
-Transmute substance
-Devour X
-LAZOR BEEMS at X
-Consume/output gas
-Emit held chemical as smoke or foam or both
-Emit a specific random chemical as smoke or foam or both
-change temperature of nearby gasses
-Execute a function on nearby doors
-Execute a function on a specific door
-EMP
-Move self north, south, east, west, or a random one of the four. (Atom smashing anything that was previously there.)
-Paint swastika around self with blood
-Summon Nar'Sie
-Create Singulo
-Explode
-Create an explosion somewhere.
-Teleport self
-Teleport some other thing
-Teleport a specific other thing
-Magnetize self, nearby organisms, or a random organism.
-Emite a random preset or custom disease
-Spawn a clown
-Spawn a monkey
-Spawn a bigger, more violent monkey (read: nigger)
-spawn a goat
-Spawn space vines
-Spawn a wheel of cheese, and whisper (CHEESE FOR EVERYONE)

Be funny to have a movement SCP activated by light so you open the crate and it just tunnels through the entire station and off into space and keeps going, possibly running over an assistant and deleting him.

-Activated by HONK, spawns a clown. Mutator: If there are X clowns nearby, spawn some bananium

I also suggest you add "point values" to various components. More powerful effects are more likely to have more complicated/more dangerous activators and mutators.

After weeks of passive learning I now have basic, basic, knowledge of vital systems and procedures on the station.
Should I start going captain just to prevent greys from running amok with the captain's id?

as much as we need shit like this, I think SCP shit will only attract pure underaged cancer

space wasps on the other hand

when a fucker isn't listening to your points what so ever I loose interest and just shitpost at them since that's all they're doing anyways

to be a captain you have to do more then just basic knowledge, you have to be robust as fuck

You could join me in chemistry and make drugs, grenades, or usually both.

captain requires you to know litrally every aspecto f evrey deparmtent ever and in the end you wont win because people will post mean things about you being a condom in the thead afterwards

Okay I'll be serious for a moment.
Being a decent Captain requires combat skill(Yes, even in this shit game) and enough gameplay experience to give you a 6th sense for shitters and antags, since that's what you're going to meet every 2 seconds. Don't do it.

Technically untrue because you can go through a entire round without giving a single order and It'll be completely fine

noone will ever like you in game ever as captain, ok???????????????

I'm sorry user but actually, I think a few heads are turning around and thinking about how they'll never like you.

Stop being an absolute degenerate and put more effort in your shitposting.

You are all the reason why the ss13 thread is shit. Go back to /4am/ and please don't return.

How incredibly holy.

hahaha

Yes, I'm terribly sorry. I mistook you for the other offender. Please excuse any mistake I made. Thanks.

What the fuck happened?

straya fag can't handle the shit posting

But strayafag is literally a walking shitpost, what are you talking about?

he muted some people because he couldn't handle it

I muted two people.
One of them was you, I can tell this is you because of how many posts you have.
All I must say is, I only tolerate the highest form of shitposting. Anything that is basically /cuteboys/ tier needs to get the fuck out.

Wall of "ironic" fart smelling. Third day in a row.
It reminds me of the Holla Forums raids of yore. No silver lining.

kek

double kek

I love newfriends.

*notices your three days*

*deletes you're post*

only leet quads can delete it

Thanks. That's a large list to start with.
I'll get started on it.
Somewhere down the line I'll need spriters, but for now I'll work with placeholders until I decide what sprites are needed.

Kinda, but also make sure it doesn't escape containment since that's a big thing about SPC's.
I think I'm gonna toss in some sort of requirements and an "anger" value somewhere.
Piss them off and they'll fuck you up.
It's gonna be hilarious because one SCP might try to fuck you by telerporting around and spraying you with water.

Ooooooh, I just thought up of a way to dispose of SCP's you've studied and don't want around, balance the dismantling and re-assembly and cargo interaction in one go.

Alright, so: you study an SCP, right. And you attempt to find out what makes it tick. After you do so, you might have a small notion about it's effects too.
So you stick him in a big disassembly machine. And you have a button for each component you think exists inside the SCP.
If you press the right button, the SCP will lose that component and get slightly angry.
If you press the wrong button, you don't get the component, might activate one of it's layers on accident and get him really angry.

After dissambling, these components can be all shipped off via cargo (their value ranges from 50 to 200) as "Unspecified Science Materials".
Vivisection is my favourite hobby.

Otherwise, just keep them in a box, gather all the one's you want and build your own.

Quick question: the github we're using is still the Chaos one?
Or is there a new git?

I handed it over to roleplay rascal, so it's the same one but under him

This one? github.com/RoleplayRascal

github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station

That works. Gonna take a while to clone all this crap, but I don't have anything to do at my job for a few hours. I'll get back to the thread in a day or so.

looking forwards to the new feature will get half made and then dropped

Ya know it baby :^)
Or fully made, untested and OP as shit driving players into a fit rage because it spawns 3 Narsie's on the station while turning everyone into cows.
It's Koriath Kode after all: 100% garanteed to not crash, but 100% garanteed to cause other side effects.

wew

REMINDER

Anything coded for the server will be added.

> github.com/vgstation-coders/vgstation13/pull/15077

so it's like the other multi tool but with a e sword this time oh also a e shield

I'm a admin on a server what kind of events should I do to spice up rounds?

The consistent nature and diversity of these things sound more like Stalker Anomalies than SCP's. Why not call them 'Living Anomaly'', and their components have a chance at being an 'Artifact', which can be applied like a medal and have minor effects from passive buffs to redirecting certain damage types and reagents. Of course Artifacts are worth major dosh so better to send it back.

That's another point I was going to ask the thread about later.
I don't really wanna go "lol, they're SCP's and the Foundation works with NT, lmao".
We can base most of it on SCPs, but we should name them something diferent.
"Living Anomaly" sounds good, but some of these will be strange machines and weird objects you can carry in your hand.

WHITE WHALE
Alien. Cut the station's power and have a single Alien Hunter try to eliminate the crew.
Boarding action. Station invaded by pirates
Wave of anomalies. Like fifteen
Centcomm requests. From a thousand tomatoes to bluespace batteries. Some object we have to produce a ridiculous amount of or else they'll cut our cargo points or not warn us of happenings. Imagine not knowing rods passed through until the air escaped main hall.
Warring AI. Two AI spawned, other bots are not tied to them but may take sides.
1mouse. Every five minutes each of the mice on the station pop out another mouse. This is more an existential threat to the server, unless something funny happens like 20 mice on a single tile spawns a mob, or blob nodes perhaps? Spawn a core in the corner of the map so they don't instant wither.

Has anyone played as the Nightmare role that's being tested in /tg/station?
Part 1:
Body text too large to make in one post.

part 2: All too smoothly boogaloo
10/10 would TC trade to play as next time I get traitor.

Question: How do I acquire/make a phase array for the phazon mech? It is nowhere to be found in the exosuit fab, protolathe, circuit printer, and even autolathe.

Make an issue on github then

probably need higher bluespace research which people dont give a shit about because they all have their own RnD paths they take and completely stop once they are done.

I had all the research at 6 at least, bluespace 6 was needed for a phazon board. I mean it must have been 7 I guess. oh well.

It might technically be double bosting, so polite sage I guess, but mupdate. Library, dorms, and clown's grand theatre mapped out. Taking suggestions. Also what else needs to go in that wing. Bio and it's relateds will come off of the garden area, this wing is the living space wing I guess.

It`s like you saw all those post complaining about the state of the game and how incapable people are of making the round fun and memorable and think it would be nice to be the shitter among the shitters

False walls. Don't state where, hiding what, just make sure there are plenty of hidey holes or whole wings. Like that blackmarket spot north of cargo, filled with odds and ends. Easy to forget, a boon to those that come across them.

This will be abused
I guarantee it

> github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/30530

You know what.
That would be a good place for the dead to go on long comfy rounds.
Waiting for antag roles to show up? Chill as a Gondola in Gondoland. Comfy it up. Build a sandfort, a sand bed, a sand gondola wife. Live the dream.
Then fuck everything as you plop into the new Blob core.

but I had fun.

going full cheeki breeki sounds good to me

what I did was see how the round was going and just work with whatever stuck out the most

it's shadowling but without the convert aspect, that's not much better, it seems really op as well, just as expected from nu/tg/!

just do it brah

are you talking about nu/tg/ code? it's something they need but we don't and I think it needs an anomaly core

sometimes it's fine, low pop it's never good though

that's a change

that sounds like something good we should have honestly

haha time for lifeweb!

No idea, I just tried a bunch of stuff and none of it would go in. It probably was the anomaly core, but our nice and outdated wiki says phase array.

nah, if it's ours then it's actually a tier down from the stock part needed

What a fool I was, I assumed the personal acting OBVIOUSLY suspicious was surely not the antag.

All it needs is a Super Capacitor, a Phasic Scanning Module (EM5-6, decon a syringe gun) and a Bluespace Crystal asides from the boards to complete. In nuTG, instead of a bluespace crystal you need an anomaly core, but the process is exactly the same, the only problem is finding anomaly cores since they nerfed the spawnrate of the anomaly event and even made it much shorter before the anomaly blows up.

also anomalys are massively dangerous

Neat, thanks. Robotics guide should probably be updated.

>They did that idea I had to make wizards have different types such as druids and elementalists, though its not exactly like I expected
Whoa there

What would be a good thing to spawn for miners occasionally as a admin?

Something to fight. Rewards in exchange for wads of dosh, new hardsuits, new weapons, oxigen tanks, bombs that are only useful for the asteroid, mechs? Pull a ghost to randomly control a monster in the asteroid if he's appears halfway competent at getting rid of the three monster types, though be careful as a player-controlled basilisk is infinitely more dangereous than the AI one.

How about fixing the Lava Dwarves that got removed from nu/tg/ and adding in the seed vault, free golem ship, and a small outpost for humans on a forested map with plenty of hills and mountains with ore in them. Slap in the Ash Walker liggers as a substitute for goblins and you got a nice secondary game to play after you die. Dorfs can dorf fort and be bros with the golems, humans can work with the leafniggers (who are the elf substitute) because of how well the leafniggers can grow weed and other great things, and Ash liggers kill lavaland mobs (possibly can have an arena with necropolis tendrils for each mob so that they never run out) and use corpses to make more ligger eggs to spawn from, and use the bones, hide, and sinew to make armor and weapons. Dorfs and Golems obviously mine and forge their equipment (and brew booze) and humans and podmen can work together to make equipment. Alliances can change with good enough IC reasons, and ash liggers can hole up in their fort in a dormant volcano if they need to. They are the only ones who start off with no allies and rely on killing things to get more of them, so they'll have a necropolis gate and walls to protect their compound.

I'm playing MMI often because i like going around fixing shit; it's a good way to learn how stuff works. I can't figure out the commands because the game doesnt seem to recognize anything, not even *help

We don't have lavaland so that would be all useless.

Reminder that Bagel /tg/ is in Florida. Hurricane confirmed?

Fuck you chaplain

How quality

I know that exact feel

Literally easier to just write your own server from scratch in some other language.
The downside is that the protocol and auth system and mostly everything to do with byond itself is closed source so you'd have to write your own game client as well.

im not even mad that was pathetically hilarious. fucking thots.

*she, sorry the HOP dragged me to RD

ITS THE CODES FAULT FOR NOT WORKING WITH MMI INTERACTIONS PROPERLY
SHUT UP I WAS DOING GOOD WORK
YOU SHOULD BE IN MY BOAT

Almost immediately after you girled me (toxins guy) I snuck into medbay and changed out my abortion of a fake vagina for an abortion lump of flesh that vaguely resembled a penis. I still played along though, and I did actually paint most of the pipes in toxins purple, including nearby maintenance shafts.
I blew up toxins later because i was bored. I didn't make it big enough to nuke the station, just toxins. I noticed that black powder smoke grenades were sneakily nerfed. I guess I should have just set toxins on fire, that would have been funnier.

test

get this hot head outta here

GODDAMNIT

you'll never miss a trap round if you become the little trap uguu

One day we will have a server that isn't shit.

One day.

if I was still admin it wouldn't have happened tbh

Oh yeah, I remembered that someone said N3X1S in the middle of the thread without context a while ago and some faggot was following him.
Asked random question, answer no.
How boring.

He just fired everyone but VixG and we have to deal with it.

Just for the note.
Wasn't me.

tbh I got very much depressed once I did tbh

the man mad!

Okay friend.

DoctorMad

No thanks.

*sniffs your giggles* haha smells like shit posting haha

RIP serb

If you believe that we need more admins, You can always contact me and offer to become an admin. Thanks.

You realize I am the guy you're talking about?

No, because I do not care.
The main reason you were thrown out as an trial-admin is because of the way you acted in adminchat. I have no clue if it was ironic, but it was cancerous. If you believe that you should become an admin, that the messages you wrote was ironic, then please stop attempting to cause drama on the thread and contact me on the server. Thank you for your time.

Well that's a really disappointing way to get someone to shut up
I'll be

well,you sure seem like someone that likes shit.

*sniffs your shit* haha!

press f

tbh I think the wiz was just going to make everyone with animal faces

did the serb die?

nm

nope, just took a little longer

Switching to a zombie wizard was a mistake, next time I'll go skelly wizart for sure.

skelly at least allows you to not need a hard suit

Be sure to ahelp for a black robe and hat if you're going skeleton wizard. For thematics.

at that point just get a necro stone

be sure to drink your milk user

It's overpowered as hell, right until you realise you can just flashlight, tazer and cuff while holding a flashlight out. instantly disabled.
A huge gaping weakness, but devastatingly powerful when you're in the right area.
Once people learn the meta to kill Nightmares, they'll be stomped hilariously quickly. Hell, some people are able to beat them just with disarm spam.

that is if you don't get hit by it's armblade, which destorys your flashlight

carry lots, and turn them on one at a time.

it only destorys them when they're turned on? what about flares anyways

it melts any light sources it hits, only if they're on. So flares and lamps and stuff get destroyed instantly, but if you keep a bag of flashlights you have a chance of not being swallowed by darkness. Depending on the Nightmare though, you might be able to talk your way out of getting slaughtered. They're unknown enough to have players not immediately want to kill them on sight, so some nightmares don't go on the aggressive from the word go.

honestly doesn't seem like a very interesting or deep antag, so I suspect that the "unknown" phase wont last very long

That's because its not.

This. It's not deep at all, it's very interesting to play as. To encounter it is another story though.

WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED?

certainly not I

[mupdate], civilian wing is beginning to take shape. All the vending machines on the far left won't be there in final; they're just there for tests.

How do these cameras even?

Half the beds should be stretchers.

That sounds kinda funny actually. My current idea is that they would just be sheetless matresses, and I gave the janitor a linens box.

I feel like a full half or more of my acts and exploits are causing actual map updates to metastation. Cargo now has reinforced wall around the autolathe…

Mommies built that, actually. I went asleep right afterwards. It's also incredibly easy to reinforce as cargo because they can buy plasteel.

Have something i drew for the lobby screen for a bump

it's o.k 10/10

Any admins gonna be on soon? I don't think MoMMi is supposed to clean out captains office one minute 30 seconds into round start, laws and all.

RIP server

is the server dead?

What do they do for all their effort? Useless shit! One knocks you down, the other slightly scrambles your DNA, the other just loves producing non breathable gasses! What fun!

Is stuff like changeling vial, stone mask etc. not in this codebase?

these are the only things we currently have as large artifacts

5;/obj/structure/constructshell,\
5;/obj/machinery/syndicate_beacon,\
25;/obj/machinery/power/supermatter,\
50;/obj/structure/cult/pylon,\
100;/obj/machinery/auto_cloner,\
100;/obj/machinery/giga_drill,\
100;/obj/mecha/working/hoverpod,\
100;/obj/machinery/replicator,\
100;/obj/machinery/communication,\
1000;/obj/machinery/artifact)

and looking at them, most of those are partially implemented. here's your promised stone mask :^)

Sounds like components of the planned not!SCP's tbh. Or low grade Made in Abyss relics.

Why map a new junkstation when two departments have almost none of the endgame timesink prizes implemented? We already are junkstation.

Welcome to Botany. Decided do to about all of it in one go, gonna make some more tweaks to it and add the area layer but it's pretty much done. [mupdate]
Now I must sleep.

Pros and cons

Adding to this user,

it's very frustrating over all, alot of shit in our code is just forgotten about since our code is split from /tg/ so there's no real documents for anything, so alot of this shit we actually don't know about, this is one of the reasons why I was trying to find people who worked on before and why I made a bunch of lists for things like this

You should read the E.X.P.E.R.I.mentator file and have a laugh.
At this point, I'd just comment out half of it.

fix, don't remove tbh

I can't really explain it. You'd have to see it for yourself. That whole thing is asbolutely amazing if you like code because it's so complex and utterly baffling.
but gameplay-wise?
It either kills you or teleports Ian to you, or spews weird gas.
The most interesting thing is those "Strange Objects" that you can stick in, click "Discover" and find items that do random crap, from multiplying themselves, EMP blasts, small detonations and teleports. It's a whole lot of FUN, but the code for the machine is a trainwreck. Not even Ninja code is that bad.

I'd re-write it with something new in mind. Have the Protolathe created "Prototypes" associated with each research field, test the prototype and stick it in the E.X.P.E.R.I.mentator to generate a "research artifact". These artifacts are the only things you could desconstruct to advance science.
They could also be found as loot in the asteroid (with random levels) and this would remove the "15 minutes max R&D checklist" that I personally find boring and dumb but don't speak out against because some people like it.

RnD needs more shit to print off but adding "prototypes" to the more tier shit, could be better, although it kinda does that already from what I understand but alot of shit just works right out the lath and some don't very well xray and advanced laser gun as examples of that

The thing about R&D is that it's missing the experimentation part.
Or rather, the experimentation is just "deconstruct X to gain Y level".
There was a neat mechanic I heard about in a thread I didn't even know about.
I think it was one of the e-guns you can make, test until it breaks down and de-con it for an extra combat level.
Why not have that for every research field?
Barely functioning prototypes that are either impractical to use (a teleporter that randomly teleports you around, a gun that slightly raises the temperature of the target, a multitool that pulses random wires) and start with 0% reliability. You could "use" it repeatedly and raise it's reliability close to 100% and THEN de-con it.
The "research artifacts" idea was simply to put stuff on the asteroid that can fast-forward science. Find a Programming 6 artifact (like an old alien circuit board) and you can get to Programming 5 in one swoop. Or you can save it and use it to reach Programming 7.
They could also order some artifacts from cargo (level 3 artifacts, so with 3 of each you could reach level 4) and that would give Cargo something to do at round-start if there's science (kinda like ordering Viruses to make vaccines if there was a Virologist).

I don't really have a specific way to "fix" R&D, I just want it to be more about Science than spreadsheets, but on the other hand, some people LIKE the spreadsheets because it gets a freaking Phazon on their hands in 20 minutes flat.

That was actually a couple weedkiller grenades (they look like cases before runtime, just like how tables don't connect) and wire to make the fence electric.
The point, to encourage interactions, or B&E.
I put some okay.

people only like the spreadsheets because it's solid, if you make what you want to do with RnD more solid then what it is currently then those people will like it. but yeah I agree it needs something better however the only argument against that would be "you're just adding more steps in" which is fair enough I remember telling 8chanserverhost one day when we were talking about his new cult gods shit that "only make shit harder if it adds functionality" or something like that, so what if you have to build a prototype frame for things first? but say like research levels give you "modules" for the prototype frames and depending on the configuration of mods on said prototype frame, determines what it invents into?

Also, regarding the SCP's: it's coming along nicely. I'll sprite for it initially since I'll need animated sprites, but I'll only make an handfull of effects and sprites, mostly stuff that isn't very wild (I hope) for now.
After it's implemented, I'll need feedback and more ideas.
One thing I found out in the SCP site is that there's more than "Safe, Euclid, Keter" designations with Keter being the most dangerous.
Some SCP's are Thaumiel Class. That means they're usefull and I might try to include some effects like these so you can keep them around.
Some SCP's are Appolyon Class. If that sounded like "Apocalypse" to you, it should.
I'll ask for opinion's here and I'll put them up on the first release for testing purposes but we might need to limite them to admin-only spawn because this is what an Apollyon Class SCP should do:

Shit like that. These things will be clearly marked as Appolyon but due to the issue of shittery I'll need two things:
a) A way to restrict acess to the most dangerous SCP's (even some of the Keter one's might be horrible, one effect I coded removes ALL blood from the inside of a person)
b)a reason to keep them around instead of spacing it on sight
SCP's, even Apollyon class one's should have a reason to be on-board the station. We could go with "It must be contained" like the Foundation does, but ultimately, it's highly dangerous stuff that most Captains would rather send to the asteroid.

Might not be a bad idea, set up an SCP lab in the asteroid near the research shuttle.

I think it needs more RNG. It's not that I actually think it NEEDS RNG, but everything else already has it except for Science.

One thing we could do with science (that falls way off from the scope of what I proposed and would take a long time to code) would be actual prototypes. You want an e-gun?
Pick your frame, pick your trigger, pick your ammo, pick your lenses, pick your…
You get the point. Just create things.
Guns are easy enough to make, but we could have it produce Gizmos. Little machines in boxes that do things like "Someone gets close to it, it injects you with X chem" or other stuff like that. Just letting people "invent" new tools made with a bunch of components.

Since I'm having two Z levels on junkstation, I could always have a third, which is empty except for under the SCP lab, for "deep containment".
The metastation set of Z levels already has 2 which are entirely empty, so it wouldn't be unorthadox. Can add some minable asteroids too, maybe.
I guess in that way, miners go mine out the belt first/instead of going to a big asteroid, which we can keep anyway.

firstly if this is really happening, shit needs to be renamed into something agreeable and fitting.

sterile(safe), kindled(euclid), prodigious(keter), applicable(Thaumiel) and fracture(Apolyon) I realize these things have less "meaning" then the other scp shit but that's more the point

don't make it admin only, that's gay tbh, just make more secure doors, walls and windows with dna scanners and heart stop locks(locks that lock if a target heart stops) this kinda thing is really needed in general anyways

no RNG is how someone who doesn't know how to balance shit properly balances shit, it's awful no one likes it don't do it end of.

you could also have tiers of prototypes which progessively get more slots for mods and affinities with certain forces but make sure that it's not just for guns, tools, cloths and items are overlooked way too much for muh cool murderbone weaponz!

undo alot of the floor tiles and leave them as plating

For testing on metastation, sure have it on new z-level. Otherwise it really should be on station level so it can interact with the whole crew.

Two new professions, or NT rep and Scientist get new duds. NT locker/Man in Black who carries a briefcase with a laser, metal foam grenades, combat stims, top tier goggles, rubber ducky and a violin. Scientist locker/!Not SCP Researcher gets medical hardsuit, full tool set, RCD, a needle with that weirdass telekinesis in it, and a monkey box.
Behind a vault door or two, and a forcefield, of course. Rubber duckys stun them ever so slighty, music keeps them from maximum rage, but only if they are effected by sound.

For now, do Junkstation without thinking about SCP's, just slap Xenobio there and latter we can expand it.
Especially with those ideas, heart locks and DNA locks are good ideas, I hadn't thought about it. They work great to stop shitters from breaking in and stealing SCP's for "muh funz" but still let them escape containment when you fuck up.
Also, of course Science should do more than guns. One branch of research is all about batteries and power management, but they don't do diddly squat special besides larger batteries for cyborgs/mechs. Why not have batteries that discharge faster but "boost" and even batteries that can switch betwen "long but weak discharge" and "short but powerfull discharge" batteries with a button?
You could slap them on a stun baton and either have batons that are good for 5938475 stun strikes with 1 sec duration or a baton that can hit about 3 times for 30 seconds each.
And armor, oh man, armor is severly underpreciated nowadays. We could have modules, attachments, all sorts of crap even without science. Science would just be about slotting even more crap in them. How about gloves that act as a multitool? Maybe your helmet also has nightvision and gasmask? How about boots that kick REALLY DAMN HARD?
If noone codes it, I'll revisit science later down the line. For me, SS13 always was a game about a science station and the inept retards that dwell in it.

start on one thing, flesh it out, work on it, get a grounding, expand it out then finally polish it.

I say that because I'm damn sick of all the half baked coded "features" we get

I could absolutely go for more mechs, and more options for mechs. It seems like anyone can just run circles around them and robust them with a toolbox given how slow they turn. I think this would be fixed if they autoturned when you performed an action, like being on foot. Idunno, but I do see the marauder in the master files, sprited and everything, but no reference on the wiki and not in the fabricators ingame, and am very curious about it. I suppose I would like more viable mechs that don't require minerals… maybe 1 viable combat mech that has it's parts produced with glass/metal etc. (like ripley &odysseus) and one that requires plasteel, before making the jump to Durands and Gygaxes. (Gygax imo is really neat but DIAMONDS prevents me from seeing it around.)
Granted, I would take SCP's over expanded mechs if I had to pick one, but you know.

the issue with mechs is the issue with combat and I'm starting to think that some kinda damage threshold should be a thing next to the damage resistant.

the marauder is a syndie mach you can get on nuke ops if you pool TC and yeah it's retarded that gygax needs diamonds and is the weakest mech, you're fucking better off with a ripley then a gygax it's that fucking bad

this user here because IP hoo hoo

Which is a shame because I like the idea that it can punch. DT I think is the perfect thing to add. Then you might have tasers only affecting lower end mechs, with the ion rifle actually being required to short out advanced mechs, or just more firepower to breach the DT, but then being affected by DR.
What would be interesting is if the Gygax had a hilarious level of defense against ranged weapons like the fists of steel in tf2, to force you to either run away, or get in close. Then you make the stomp an area attack which stuns them long enough to punch enemy. The punch should be a knockback where they get up instantly after it's over (so you can't chain it.) The thing is that if they hit a wall, it deals loads of damage. Optional: If they hit an object on the ground, it deals the item's damage +5 as if that item were used in melee.
You could then prohibit the kind of ranged weapons that could go on the gygax AND lower the cost, or you could keep the diamond cost and the equip spread. In fact, it would be interesting if you could print MK modules for a specific mech and install them to upgrade all of its stats, so while there's still a soft tiering mechanism (Ripley > Phazon), now all the mechs become more viable. The MK modules would be targeted at shoring up the weaknesses of that mech, like allowing ripley to have a tazer/gun, gygax gets moar DT, Durand gets faster.. etc. Or the modules would EMPHASIZE what that model already does well to further differentiate them all. I would say that the MK1 would shore up weaknesses, with the higher modules doing emphasizing.

Imagine having 2 guy axes and playing tennis with the clown.

DEAD HOURS thread, so sage for double post I guess but I made this OC. Some user posted the image last thread and it made me laugh so I decided to learn a babbi's first video edit.

New thread when?
Book - fixes when?
Library renovations when?
Bio hood/suit in whiteship sprite fixes when?

Also, if you still haven't seen it somehow, SAO abridged is a damn good anime, and fixes everything shitty about the source material. Like that hilarious Ghost Stories dub mixed with DBZ:Abridged. First couple episodes are a bit yelly tbh, then it gets subtler. I've seen cynical reviewers just about orgasm at the character's and foreshadowing it slips in.

new thread