So, what do you guys think of Denuvo on Sonic Mania PC? Or heck, just Denuvo in general?

So, what do you guys think of Denuvo on Sonic Mania PC? Or heck, just Denuvo in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/sonic-mania-free-download.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think I'd rather have a buffalo take a brown brick in my ear.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Console copies have hardware DRM so it's not like this is any different. Plus it's a really good Sonic game, anyway.

All hate toward Denuvo is completely understandable, to my knowledge the question "what will happen to the games when the servers go down?" has never been answered, by Denuvo team.
This implies that if the servers somehow got destroyed today none of the games that use Denuvo would be legitimately playable anymore, until the publishers had Devs manally remove Denuvo from the games.

Steam is DRM as well but at the very least Valve has gone on record saying that they have some kind of plan if a day comes when Steam's servers can't exist anymore.

That being said a game simply having Denuvo is not going to stop me personally from playing it.
Though I'm never going to say people who boycott any Denuvo game are being unreasonable because they aren't.

I'd rather Denuvo not be on Mania in general.

They have a variant of their DRM application that is bundled with every game on steam, Can't remember if it was a DLL or something, point being, it tells the game to skip the check for online effectively turning everything into shareware/freeware.

It also helps that Steam DRM isn't literally embedded in every game it is used on for a post steam situation
Sage for accidental double post

I think the fact there is STILL no good game that had denuvo is a trustworthy indicator of good devs and publishers.

Try harder, user

Consoles are themselves DRM.

Holla Forums is DRM.

Denuvo is great. It completely eliminates the feeling of guilt from piracy.

IT SUCKS MONKEY BUTT LIKE ALL THE FUCKING REST

Its bad.

Denuvo is a good way to illustrate how inconsequential the buying habits and opinions of imageboard users are. The first week sales protected by Denuvo minus the cost of implementing Denuvo equals a revenue greater than the buying power of a vocal but irrelevant population of snarky bystanders.

It also shows that the people who actually pay for video games are happy with getting fucked in the ass by anti-consumer practices.

Studies show the majority of game sales happen within the first month. So overall it shows that Denuvo is just a waste of money because those games would've been sold regardless if it had DRM or not. It just reinforces the point that DRM benefits no one, not even content creators.

Tekken 7?
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter?
NieR: Automata?

So you're saying that the people most likely to pirate the game wouldn't put a dent in sales and would only be a net positive if they were allowed to pirate

easy:
-take down all their servers
-wait
-observe
-???
-VALUE
Repeat, the write conclusions

don't lock your doors at night, user. it doesn't deter a dedicated criminal from breaking in anyway.

Denuvo is for shit games.
Sonic games are shit.
Sonic fans are shit.

Makes perfect sense.

those games are made bad by denuvo, obviously. Why judge games on the game play?

Hey look here, it's the denuvo shill again.

denuvo proactively makes games unplayable by changing level design and removing game mechanics.

I'm confused. If I'm a corporation who's only concerned with making money, what is the perceived advantage of Denuvo? I could see it if Sega wanted to release a non-Steam version, but as far as I can tell Sonic Mania is only available through Steam (on PC at least). Why not just use Steam's DRM?

If Steam's DRM is cracked, I presume that Valve would simply push a Steam client update, whereas if Denuvo gets cracked, wouldn't Sega then be responsible pushing the update?

What a fucking retarded question. You only need to ask yourself one question: Who benefits from DRM. Is it the costumers?

do people lock their doors at night? my front door hasn't been locked in years, i don't even know where my key is.

i'd have bought this if i could have gotten it drm free, instead i just replayed sonic 3&k

If your game is cracked, and you push an update, that will at most stop people from cracking the new version in the same way, but it won't disable the old crack. When a working crack is created it's game over.

Stop it. We have a thread like this every single fucking week. When there isn't a specific game to talk about, like Sonic, Tekken, Resident Evil 7 etc, you just ask about DRM in general.

Couple that with the bi-weekly "IZ PIRUCY DA REEL EVIL????" thread, it's a fucking hassle.

Make a thread that isn't cancer and is original for once in your fucking lives.

Also,
(((>(1) and done)))

Worse than tekken 5. Also buy half the game separately goy.

Is that even a video game?

The ass was phat I gib it dat.

Did Mike Matei really post his cock on twitter?

I'm starting to think that denuvo is some money laundering scheme. The publishers and developers must be aware that games that use it will be cracked within a week, maybe longer if the game was shit to begin with. Also, the performance issues cause by having denuvo. I don't think the thousands or how ever much that using denuvo cost would be made up from the initial first week sales to cover it. Just seems like a waste of money.

Yes. And reddit

we actually have 3 threads about this going right now. sonic fans have amazing levels of salt and autism

Copy protection is not DRM. DRM is just a type of copy protection.

…only one type of copy protection.

That's 8.5 inches and he knows it.
Also, full image please.

No he didn't; it's a joke.

igg-games.com/sonic-mania-free-download.html

The same thing I think of any game using any kind of DRM.

The only reason Denuvo gets any sort of special attention compared to any other DRM is because it actually works for a day or two.

Some titles have been cracked in less than a day iirc

Keep on shilling kike.

I really wanted to buy it, but I don't appreciate having to deal with Denuvo and its horseshit as a paying customer.
Yet if I pirate it I get it Denuvo-free now. Ain't that something.

I'll buy it once they remove Denuvo and not a moment sooner. Until then I'll be enjoying it for free while it rots in my wishlist.

The one everyone forgot about was the 9/11 meltdown.
I need the cap, it's the only Mark Meme I don't have.

Denuvo complicates a buyer's ability to play games offline over an extended period of time so pirates are forced to wait a month at best. It's a worthless service hat only serves to piss off and inconvenience consumers.

Steam's DRM, however, can easily be cracked already. The DLL files they'll release are exactly what those ruskies made up on cs.rin.ru

Technically you'd still have them under license. I don't think Steam would actually be able to get rid of their DRM as that's part of the license.
Of course, no customer would sue them over this, and devs/publishers would be forced to either keep Steam afloat, set up their own authentication servers or remove every copy in existence, none of which will happen.

I just like to think about the legal ramifications of doing such a thing.

The one where his sister tells on him about Holla Forums after seeing a macro of his head over 9/11?

Yes, the shitstorm was hilarious. People dropped the whole "Think of the children!" shit, like they really had an argument. Mike drunkposting his massive dong was retarded, but not as stupid as people saying that they should consider that children may see their actions when the subject matter is a web show where "fuck", "shit", "cunt", and "bitch" are the most common words used, and they regularly do skits involving shitting on things and dismembering people. Little Bobby is apparently mature enough to see somebody get stabbed to death and hear an endless stream of profanity while somebody dumps diarrhea on Bugs Bunny's face, but god forbid he accidentally see a penis.

That's the one.
I will give e-dicc succ for it.

kuckaiden fuck off

Battered wives will buy it anyway. There is no reason not to implement Denuvo. You can even remove it later as a PR stunt and everyone will suddenly love you.

To be fair to the 12 death Cake Jew, that Oil Ocean boss is genuinely fucked. Their are so many ways you can end up getting crushed and its tough to maintain your rings while bouncing in sludge. Also anything sub 40 on Green hill act 1 is damn good.

I've heard the record is just a hair below 30 at the moment.

I like Mark, but god damn he should stop taking this shit personally. Sucking at video games is excusable, being an autist is excusable, but he should know how to take a joke and be the butt of everybody's jokes if he's going to be a name in a place like this. This is the last place you want to take ribbing seriously, and this is the last place that you should expect people to "just drop" a joke.
This is a place where both love and hate are expressed in terms of verbal and emotional abuse. It's not for the thin-skinned. The only thing you can do is laugh at yourself, and he should have learned that a long time ago. At least he banned himself in that thread.

Sage for meta shit.

And yes, that oil ocean boss is a bit fucked up. I died like 5 times, some of which were from literally absolutely nothing (I jumped in the air and died without even getting hit by anything. No bullets, not a tentacle, no time out, nothing). The guns also hurt you when they touch you, even without shooting, so if you're in the oil and one comes up under you, you can die without seeing it at all. "rushing it" still isn't much of an excuse, though. After the 6th death, he should have realized that rushing it wasn't going to work, and he'd get through faster by slowing down and taking it carefully. When something is fucking you up, you don't hammer at it and try to rush through faster.

You defending it as in every thread that is about denuvo.

You know what. Here's a deal. You can put any kind of bullshit DRM you like into a game, as long as it's stripped out as soon as the game gets cracked.

He's still posting in that thread. The one that can't be bumped anymore. Go take a look

pls gib.

I'm not, I just wanted to correct one of the anons on something.

You're 100% right, I just woke up a cranky bitch.

this is not the original but It was similar.

I wasn't paying attention. Good to know Denuvo was already cracked.

You can get it into the high 20's if you open up on a tight as fuck jump and then perfect the rest of the stage.

So, do you guys think they'll remove Denuvo from Mania, or will they try updating it like Bamco did with Tekken 7? My money's on the latter.

They'll keep Denuvo
Companies don't learn

Surprisingly Zenimax/Bethesda did remove it after it got cracked, and whoever made Homefront: The Revolution as well as whoever made Titanfall 2 did remove it before it ever did get cracked.

user the world record is just over 28 seconds. The sub 40 is taking the same route as the WR. The "perfect the rest of the stage" is the tough part.

If they where smart, they would.

Given the tone of their initial response to it and trying to put the blame on the dev team, no.

That was iD. Everything else from Zenimax/Bethesda still has it.

The Rime devs also had some kind of bet with the publisher where they'd be allowed to remove Denuvo if it got cracked, or something like that.

Last time I checked 28 was high 20's

Got a link or screencap?

yes and getting closet to world record is not easy even if you copy that route. You are at best likely lucky to get sub 40 with the same route unless you run the ether thing frame perfect. I don't know why you keep trying to underplay that? Almost every jump and drop dash is necessary to land and even the time wasted (looking up twice) before the run is necessary to make sure the platforms cycle to the appropriate positions.

I don't buy games with Denuvo, I don't pirate them, I don't acknowledge their existence, I don't support developers who enable Denuvo in any way, shape, or form.

if you dont acknowledge them then how do you know if a game has denuvo or not

If Valve drm is ok because it gets cracked and you don't have to worry about servers going down, wouldn't that make denuvo ok too? It gets cracked just like any other drm.

No drm is okay, you dip.

Denuvo breaks core game files Steam DRM is additive and doesn't compromise the operability of the software.
Both are wrong but denuvo is more wrong if you want to keep score.

It is not OK. It is simply a tolerated compromise as anything more would piss off consumers and anything less would piss off devs/pubs. It is the modern CD key/check.

>So what do you guys think about

and that means you can mod it tons now. look at all the mods for the cracked denuvo games now that they're free from the shackles :^)

Really makes me wonder.

CPY updated it:

Sonic autists and their ilk will still enable them so we'll be stuck with it until everyone related to Denuvo dies mysteriously.

will be stuck with devs implementing it* Of course it gets cracked and deserve to be pirated once they do, as to stick it to the tards.

Not denuvo but fuck DRM in general.
I only wanted to fucking play video games.

LA Noire is garbage, don't even bother

Can't wait to see Darkspines Sonic beat it tbh

I have an arcade machine with a PC running Win XP inside and I can't fucking play it on it because even though it has the specs of a game from 2002 it wont work on it since Mania and especially Denuvo use certain APIs that XP doesn't have, man fuck this shit.

Even the cracked version?

Yes, even that one. I might have to actually put Linux on the damn thing.

I was planning on buying Sanic Mania day 1, then the news of Denuvo made me change my mind. Your loss, Sea-guh.

At least the cracked version runs mostly fine.

The game works fine in wine btw, all you do is set the default compat mode to win7 and steam.exe to vista.

Nah, he just lives in an all-white neighborhood.

My mom does the same thing.

Why does sonic CD exists? the level design is non-existant, the gimmick is complete inane shit, it doesn't even feel like a sonic game.
That speedy morales hack for SNES plays more like a sonic game than sonic CD.
WTF is this piece of shit?

Press Garden best zone

Yeah but Metal Sonic

Some of the bosses in cd were fun tbh.

Literally zero bosses in CD seem like they had more than two minutes of thought given to their design

Just get Tails to carry you out of the oil.

Wait, are we talking 12 game overs as in losing all your lives 12 times, or simply dying 12 times?
I refuse to believe someone got returned to the title screen 12 times

12 game overs, lost all his lives 12 times.

I-I've never even touched a Sonic game before! I'm actually very good at videogames!

how?
i lost 8 lives on it and i was already ashamed of myself.

I kept losing my rings on the oil and hitting Eggman before he was vulnerable and taking damage

Oil Ocean kicked my shit in too, I remember going 2 or 3 continues on it mostly because of the bullshit instakill pipes. Also in the boss on act 1 I had no idea on which platform I was supposed to stand on while he cranked up the pressure, so I ended up losing a life to that too
Act 2 was really awesome, liked the pollution mechanic

Or was the robot with the wrench on act 2? Already forgot

(Checked)
I had forgotten about that shit. Those spikes + tubes can really fuck your shit up. Also wrench robot was the act 1 boss

its never really been on anything that im dying to play. which means ill pirate it later down the line when im super bored. by the time i get around to pirating something ive forgotten all about it.

How can they not see this is their loss?
The response was fucking overwhelming, Total WaWa preorder DLC tier.
Dawn of War 3 tier

How can they be this blind?

by making people who werent going to buy the game anyways unhappy? how is that a loss?

Plenty of people got refunds or didn't buy it because of this

oh alright

perhaps yazuka has something to do with it

I'll pirate the shit out of Yakuza if they make a PC port and it has Denuvo.

What a fucking waste of quads

You will pirate it anyways.

Of course you only lost 3 lives because you had Tails. I used Knuckles, the echidna that has the worst movement and lowest jump of the 3, and lost more lives than you, but I was still able to defeat the boss without any continues.

Act 2 holds the big octopus boss. Act 1 has the flying robot.

Anyone else playing with a keyboard instead of a controller to make the game more of a challenge?

I played all of the 2D Sonic games with a keyboard since I don't have a Genesis-like controller on hand, it feels pretty natural that way to me I guess.

Mark eternally BTFO now.

Does he still do the bounce if you land on something gliding?

Not too used to the Drop Dash, though and it blows that they added Denuvo on top. I was actually bummed that I was unable to purchase the Collector's Edition, guess I'll send my money towards LakeFepard's Electric Jester instead, but still I'm torn since Sega had another bright idea only to shit on it again.

When you say "bounce", you mean if he gains height while gliding after bouncing from capsules or enemies and then instantly glide, with all of it done when jumping from a higher spot, like how it's done on video related?

If so, then yes. He still retains it on Mania, and I could perform it several times during my Knuckles's playthough. It's "glide-hop".

Uhh the Minecrap thread is two blocks down