Vidya but with realism!

L4D2
>the tank would be fucking ripped apart by gunfire as opposed to shrugging off the damage like it was nothing. the thing is made of blood flesh and muscle, so assuming that it would be able to tank lel a shit load of damage without flinching is silly.

Fallout 3/NV

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/iu9MT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So… a warhammer 40k game?

I got about 15 words in. Please leave.

where do you think we are?

Shoo shoo low IQ hue

End yourself.

End yourself.

End yourself.

You're dead right, but nobody ever wants to simulate these complex systems. Just like how every single indie survival game has the same depletion rates for hunger and thirst (usually taking about a day), and running out of either just applies a DOT to you until you eat/drink or die. In reality, you can last for a few days without water, and weeks without food, depending on environment and activity.

But nobody actually simulates these things, because it would add autistic levels of complexity and antifun. After all, do you really want to get a broken leg in a game and then wait 4+ weeks of game time for it to heal?

You do realize that there are thousands upon thousands of people are into that shit, right?

Don't get me started.
Any FPS game

I can't into guns. The fuck is chicken choking?

It's when you jerk off.

So you know how most people grab a vertical grip on a gun that isn't the fire control?
This is stupid because its like trying to hold a flagpole. No actual control other than pulling the entire gun harder into the shoulder.

/k/ommando with a shitload of guns and experience using guns here.

that's the spergiest thing I've ever read. Like one out of every thirty people hold a VFG like that and most of those ones are just people that don't know any better.

I'm not saying it's better from a physics standpoint or whatever but you can shoot absolutely fine without doing that and getting mad at it as if it's a big deal is retarded. Get mad at the fact that every single videogame in human history ever has people flick a revolver's cylinder closed with their wrists and that programmers think that ejector rods are there for decoration, not that somebody doesn't use your speshul snowflake vertical foregrip hold that, and again I'm speaking from some level of experience here, you'll see maybe two people on the planet doing, including people that shoot three gun.

Most games that are shooters are military based, and the military rarely if ever uses chokes, nor do police which is the other like half of shooter protagonists. Really I'm not sure what application for chokes you're wanting in a video game. Do you play many duck hunting games that you get mad there aren't choke options in? 99.9 percent of combat shotguns are cylinder and changing chokes would take a boringly long time in an FPS. Be great to play doom or some shit where you have a minute long animation to screw and unscrew a choke to your shotgun.

Again, how the shit would this even be applied to a video game? Do you want the bullet holes in the wall behind where your character is to have a keyhole decal on them or something? Have it so that shots that go through drywall and hit you do less damage because that's already a thing in some games? That's something that is such a minor detail that even if it were a thing you wouldn't be able to notice.

I'd love to hear what you'd think a better method for this would be. I do agree having guns never jam as they don't in most videogames is unrealistic but firearms jam extremely rarely in real life and most of the time it's due to operator error or shit ammunition which isn't really things that a videogame where operation consists of "click the mouse" is as far as it goes. How would you model this better? Again, it's something that would just barely be noticed considering that a firearm-caused jam happens once every two thousand or so rounds on a well maintained modern firearm with a few exceptions, and if you bothered modeling obsolete weapons that jam realistically often no player would use them ever. "here player, here's the choice of a Colt 1908 that jams every other shot or a Glock 17 that jams once every thousand". Nobody would ever pick the first one.

AK47 has become just a generic term at this point. Almost nobody with an AKM calls it that in my experience, or a WASR, or whatever. 99 percent of people will say AK and people know what you meant.

Seriously you're trying too hard mang

My issue with it is because of poor representation of basic handling indicates lack of familiarity with the object. Is flicking a revolver close a mortal sin? You bet your goddamn ass it is, but revolvers are not as prevalent as the issue I am talking about in current FPS games. And did you not see the bit in parenthesis?
I may have been implying a bit too much with this, but I was trying to say "Shoot the way that shoots best FOR YOU, but stay open to different methods."
Look at developments made in the 60s-70s like Quickkill or the fact that some Zealous Scouts used a pointer finger out, thumb along bore grip with their FALs. It isn't a new technique and certainly one you see in high level 3 gun (Doesn't Grey Ghost sponsor an active Army SF instructor that uses a thumb over bore stance with his AR?) in both rifle and shotgun.

Its a goddamn fucking shame that you can't hit a man sized target with a plate sized pattern full of 00 or #4 Buck at 75 yards. My issue with shotguns is that they are way too regulated to the CQC areana and never get the fun shit you can do with one IRL. Chokes would just allow for more tailoring for playstyles. Also any zombie game where the long waterfowl shotgun doesn't have a full or modified choke, irks me like no other.
I should have been clearer about keyholing and deflection in general. I want shooting through concealment to be a gamble. I want the attacker to risk leaving the defender alive to counter attack. Yes, shooting through a wall in a lot of games lowers the damage, I want more than that. I want bullets going apeshit because they hit a stud or water pipe.

Guns jam due to shit maintenance/ammo or failing parts. Mag related jams should be the most common, fixed by reloading, could be exasterbated by picking up ammo off hostiles. Bolt or extractor/ejector issues should pop up every so often, getting worse if the gun is being overused. Bad ammo, ammo is not igniting, can risk ejecting the round and getting a hang fire outside of the chamber, causing a minor disorientation and slight damage. Light primer strike, hammer spring is weak or firing pin is gunked, could be a hang fire or not. Or something dramatic like a suppressor coming a bit loose and causing a baffle strike. And guns just overheat, maybe implement a barrel change system for LMGs as a way to limit the rape they can be in a large amount of FPS games.
The way the jams could be dictated is numerous. Random chance for certain firearms/mag types/ammo types. The environment can influence the chance as can how long the player has sustained fire.

The AK-47 AKM thing is just pure autism on my point. I admit this, but I respect the platform way too much to disregard the differences and history between the two and all other AK patterns.

Is it time for yiff or just dubs?

The best method I've seen for jamming in vidya is a heat system. Fire more bullets, gun gets hotter, exponentially increases chance of a jam. Arma 2 ACE mod did this well, and most machineguns could take a swappable barrel which players had to use to restore accuracy and lower heat.

Not necessarily. Aesthetics matter to people more than you think, if a player likes the look of a gun or feel of it ingame, that's more likely going to be their choice, again I cite Arma 2 ACE, the Iron sights on a weapon were the most important thing next to caliber for the players of that game.

To me the most important "realistic" thing to have in games is location based damage modelling for vehicles and living beings. Being shot in the heart is the most deadly organ to be shot in. You shouldn't be able to kill someone by just shooting them in the same foot over and over again, yes that would hurt alot and would take you out of action if you left it unattended for a significant amount of time.>people flick a revolver's cylinder closed with their wrists

That and Pumping the shotgun after every reload triggers me tbh.

Pray tell.

But Power Armor would be dogshit the way it's designed in Fallout, you pretty much can kill teammates by accident on expert,

How do you know the pH levels of spitter acid?

read this
this thread for some reason is being copy pasted to a weird forum
archive.is/iu9MT
is this some bot tactic to create fake content? im genuinely spooked

it's the spooky juice again newfriend

if you want to do this at least put effort in

why arent you dumping gore ITT?

Spelunky:
If you jump / fall on spikes, you die. But if you walk through them, it's fine, zero fucking damage. I think that's pretty good.

Interesting facts about the AK-47
There's only about 6 of them in existence
The ones often called AK-47's from the early 50's are Type-1's, Type-2's, or Type-3's based on the AK-48 model

ayy lmao

Yeah its incredible how games use health as an abstraction to measure all possible damage and pain a player or MOb may be going trough. We should do away with all that in favor of more realistic systems.

stopped reading

Yeah, I've seen it before too. I think there are one or two (or more) websites like that.
I don't know what they're around for, just that those websites are scraping 8ch's posts, changing/removing some details, and posting them on their own site.
What details are removed? Anything mentioning 8ch or Holla Forums, typically (replaced by "Rolla" or whatever), and as you've already seen the post-link stuff.

Despite appearances, no actual human beings seem to post on the site. It's just ripped content from 8ch.
I just ignore it tbh. It's probably virus-ridden.

god , i hate the DT system
not as much as DR tho

Thread should've ended here tbh.

SO GRITTY AND REAL

But Left 4 Dead is not supposed to be a realistic game, it's a fun arcade game.

you sound troubled user, I think it's story time mr. E1

Come on you can give me some more credit than that

not without any context, plenty of fuzzies washed out but couldn't leave because of their injuries in my experience

It's alright user, you served your country. R-right?

if you're a fucking pussy, sure. eat the whole bottle for fucking fun you coward

Explain, nigger.

The brotherhood of steel gets its ass blown inside out by the NCR, because while power armor is good, it's not good enough to overcome missiles and .50 BMG rounds. It's easier to get a new conscript on the M2 or holding a missile launcher than to raise and train a new paladin. Because BoS need to invest massive amounts of resources to teach someone how to use power armor, they can't easily replace losses, nor can they compensate for the massive numerical superiority the NCR has. The brotherhood is obsessed with the idea that a direct relationship exists between tech levels and the odds of victory, and so they end up chasing useless wonder weapons like ARCHIMEDES. This is at the point when they're stuck in bunkers, and so the odds of them even holding the plant are minimal. Moreover, they cripple their chapter just for the sake of glorified artillery, which doesn't suit their strategic position at all. The knight fetishism is exactly why they've become a regional bit player in FNV.

Ah, I see. Still though, it is complete unfair fucking DOGSHIT that you can be melee'd to death by a skinny starved dehydrated feral ghoul reaver/glowing one in a matter of seconds while wearing badass padded reinforced metal armor if you don't kill them quick enough. THEY HIT YOU WITH THEIR BARE FUCKING HANDS AND YOU'RE A METAL FUCKING MOUNTAIN WHAT THE FUCK.

There has to be at least some soft point in the joints to allow for articulation. It might not be entirely soft, but it will have significantly less protection than the actual plates. From in-game renders, it looks like there's a sizable space near the throat as well. As for the strength of ghouls, it's possible that they lack the conscious limitations your body places on the muscles, making them stronger than they look, like someone under the effects of a strong adrenaline rush. That or it's an abstraction of the rads and contaminated bodily fluids leaking through and getting in your wounds.

BARE. HANDS. You're telling me that even with soft joints that some resource deprived irradiated mongoloid in the middle of the scorching desert could knock a metal mountain of a man dead from smacking you a few times, even under a pseudo-constant-adrenaline rush? Also, body fluids/radiation doesn't instantly take away chunks of your health. Shit doesn't make any sense.

Red Orchestra 2 does a lot of this.
Have you ever fired a gun m8?
Minute of man accuracy is easily achievable at 100+ yards while firing rapidly.

Milled AKMs do make my dick hard. Underfolders on milled AKMs make me really hot and fucking bothered.

wow that goul nigger probably survived 1488 nukes raining down on america so he must be stronk

im sure a few thousand people would play that, but not enough to actualy justify the development cost.

So are rhinos and elephants but I'm pretty sure they can eat a few 5.56 or equivalent and still run up to you to smack your shit up.
Add a crazy virus that mutates you to make you a killing machine and its not even far fetched.
I mean are you seriously arguing for realism in a fucking zombie game?

Agreed, that's kinda bullshit. They should've made armor tiers the same way they made enemy tiers in Daggerfall, like how harpies' exterior is impenetrable by iron and so on.

That's how it worked in the originals.

Power Armor in 1/2 made you pretty much impervious to anything less than energy weapons, rockets and fire. Tesla Armor wasn't power armor back then, and was used against energy at the cost of losing your other defenses. I like that system.

Power Armor in 1 and 2 had huge defensive buffs against energy weapons in particular, what are you on about fagoli. And tesla armor was completely worthless in 1 since you'd usually have gotten the Power Armor long before it.

Have you played the game on realistic? You take your friends down in one or two shots of Friendly fire.

Yeah but the defense boosts aren't as big for them. You can still take decent damage from lasers if it isn't the Enclave armor and Plasma even if it is. Whereas a minigun can only barely scratch you without critting even with the plain power armor.

Tesla Armor isn't that useful except against the Master, yeah, but there's a free set of it in the cathedral.

I feel like I'm missing something here. I thought tesla armor was just good at protecting against energy weapons, period? Doesn't the master have duel miniguns? Or were those laser miniguns? Can't remember tbqh but I'll take your word for it

They're gatling lasers that the Master uses. The problem is that even by that point a lot of the mutants are still using regular miniguns, so you can't even use tesla for the entirety of the dungeon, iirc.

just make that fag suicide
problems weren't

And the molarity and the material your clothes are made of in-game.

They can't get off the ground though so they're vulnerable to the floor dropping out from under them, also when you're the biggest swinging dick you're also the biggest target. Nasty bitches in towns could just poison their food too.

Why didn't you stick with 4cuck? No one likes meme generator shit.