Team Fortress 2 Vintage: Alphabuttblasted edition

Recent news
TF2V, what is it?
TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena
Downloads
Full game:
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage
Mirrors:
Google Drive (2.9): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeHpjeXpFWWYzTkk
Mega mirror (2.9): mega.nz/#!fY1RyLra!SDbXPZn0oevhRtG2HeLuZ-oM1-C97BnyUYP45NYjDuE

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS?
Development is focused first on bugfixes, If/when that's all done then focus on weapons can be started. However weapons needed to be coded from the ground up, so unless you want to start that for us then don't ask for something not on anyone's radar right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
archive.fo/QEzFW
archive.fo/OK747
archive.fo/F3k6k
archive.fo/ambLC
archive.is/j9jgn
archive.is/KBrDTa
archive.fo/7RVJS
reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/6x3036/team_fortress_2_vintage/
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_TfGArtX28DNlZwRTdUWVF5T0E
mediafire.com/file/zn7um0jig79qafg/gameinfo.txt
gamebanana.com/maps/160155
gamebanana.com/maps/73575
gamebanana.com/maps/74460
tf2maps.net/threads/whalerace.11224/
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v291
steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/2765630416823521381/
twitter.com/ModDB/status/909763958390820864
steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2_Vintage
gamebanana.com/maps/51482
gamebanana.com/maps/92768
gamebanana.com/maps/46859
vtg.fun/fastdl/maps/pl_cashworks_final1.bsp.bz2
tf2maps.net/threads/tf2-dedicated-server-missing-map-error.25865/
vtg.fun/fastdl/maps/cp_upland_rc4.bsp.bz2
vtg.fun/fastdl/maps/cp_glassworks_rc6a.bsp.bz2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.
What you need:
1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )
2. TF2V from OP.
3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.
Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.
Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.
Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.
Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.
That's it, make sure everything works.
You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:
ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help
Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
PlayerName=Anonymous
Self explanatory.
Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.
Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

anyone up for some fun?

I'm up for some inn a few

need more people

5 people

Sad!
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f3cc61134e9049d1038d115a4a97711941eb67d4&dn=TF2%20Vintage%20V2.9

I forgot to
TORRENT
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f3cc61134e9049d1038d115a4a97711941eb67d4&dn=TF2%20Vintage%20V2.9
(current;ly needs seeders)

7 people now

Joining!

10 players

archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
archive.fo/QEzFW
archive.fo/OK747
archive.fo/F3k6k
archive.fo/ambLC
archive.is/j9jgn
archive.is/KBrDTa
archive.fo/7RVJS

dead game

HEAD JEW HAS INVADED

but i haven't joined yet

reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/6x3036/team_fortress_2_vintage/

for rememberance

14 people

Mother fuckers. Also why isn't there a separate map download since there was some "argument" at the release of 2.9 and during the game night? Would like an answer since it sucks having to download every map before playing it and getting the whole different map errors.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B_TfGArtX28DNlZwRTdUWVF5T0E

2.9 MAPS HERE FOR THOSE STILL IN LIMBO FROM THE FORMAT WARS

reminder that no one should speak pussy

Reminder that no one should switch teams to remove the domination. :^)
Good night y'all it's been fun

Downloading atm, what kind of gamemodes do you nerds even play?

Stock TF2 gamemodes. You just missed a session though

That entire thread is essentially this WebM.

fug

probably gonna play more tomorrow. It's on and off really. We had a solid back and forth on snakewater. Forget which side was close to capping the final point but one of the guys had started taunting. Managed to block the cap and finish him off.

If a medic is healing you, don't take medkits, that's the only way a Medic can avoid an imminent death, no one can heal him

If there's an Engineer close, don't take ammo boxes, that's the primary source of the metal he so desperately needs

Who would do something like that?

indeed

I shouldn't even be surprised. What a faggot.

What's the point of this if it hasn't been touched since July?

there isnt

Because we don't have a coder/ So when we get one or someone decides to actually help you
ll start seeing changes. Since all of the changes made in the Z'Gok gitrepo are volatile there's no point in pushing non-functional code to the main one.

I don't know how anyone can get upset enough to go spectate when your ragdoll goes flying for most deaths.

Mark's poor diabeetus infected heart can't handle high stress so he anheros and watches from limbo.

Seriously though I missed this kinda stuff where you had people of different skill levels playing together in a community server instead of a bunch of shitters and one good person like retail

someone record his asshurt please, it's for the greater good

eh Just focus on playing really

is there no mute feature?

there is. a lot of people don't realize this.

in game bring up the menu, click on the ear and bam

Very nice digits.
Reminds me of CS:S

This isn't secret, hidden, ancient knowledge, it's in the main fuggin menu. Why do people not know how to mute when playing CS or TF2? Fucking why?

To be fair TF2 moved the mute button's location like 3 times during it's life

(czech'd)
oh i thought tf2v removed it or something

no next to resume game it's a sub button

when do you jews play i can't have my pizza's flavor tarnished

I'll be on in an hour or so I wanna make dinner

I'M READY

I'll go too.
fug.

7 people

JUST

What did he mean by this?
Same here, though I don't miss 2fort and dustbowl

Xonotic > Your faggot shit.
Prove me wrong, niggers.

The fact that you had to post in here

This is what we call a Freudian slip.

haha what?

That makes no logical sense, you dumb nigger. Why did you even bite my bait? God nu/v/ surely is getting gayer by the seconds.

He might be retarded

(you)

Because weapons will be added sooner or later, I'm going to suggest what I consider to be good weapons for my fav class, the Engineer. I've avoided weapons with weird mechanics or too convoluted.

Primary

I'm not sure if The Panic Attack fits the Engineer role.

Secondary

Melee

Also I just realised that even 10 years later, there's absolutely no Contruction PDA alternatives. Good job Valve.

Nigger, you're the retard if you think the enginigger update came after the mannconomy.

Are we really going to have to do this again?

What the fuck are you rambling about you made it seem like you were saying they were post mannconomy

No and no
Items being added will be strictly pre-mannconomy. you don't get to bring friends here. The ONLY exception might be demoman wiht him getting loch-n-load and caber instead of demonigger items

dev user wanted to eventually but really IF we were gonna go full pre-mannconomy we'd just end up with the weapons from those days. Not even the hats just the weapons and even then it'd still be a smaller filesize than modern tf2

Fortress Forever was the real successor to TFC. Instead, Valve FUCKED the game up by making TF2 into Hat Fortress. Getting rid of grenades, making the æsthetics that crappy wacky ironic 50s style hipsters who paint mustaches on their fingers love (same in Portal 2).
Valve is not the same Valve that made the first Half-Life. That Valve has been long dead. They'd have to fire every queer, minority, and hipster they brought on since to get anywhere close.

I just worry about the baby. I didn't really have anything to do with the production of the mod, but it has a noble goal. With the unnecessary drama and now items, I'm worried it might be on the slippery slope already.

I actually liked fortress forever and you're right. Though the aesthetics of TF2 have their own charm or did. When they put the community in charge shit started going downhill. the spytech style they had going on was really neat as was the style, though I wish they had kept the beta shaders as it lent more to itself

No I understand what you're getting at. Though you have to remember there's a clear cut for items which is mannconomy/ The only reason I said to cheat with demo is because remember it was the war update that gave us niggerknight. By replacing sword and shield with another pipe launcher and a new melee more in line with him it keeps the character uniform while offering a unique playstyle for the class without going too far in a different direction.

DISCLAIMER
Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN will not update to a version that has any custom weapons in it, not now and not in the future

What's wrong with adding weapons added after that update? There has always been shitty weapons even before the mannconomy update. Selecting the best ones only makes sense, no matter when they were added.

What the fuck are you implying and how did you reach that conclusion?

As a counter are the weapons really custom when it's stuff found in TF2 presently?

Because demoknight made no sense to demoman, a class centered around explosives. loch is in the vein of the direct hit, it rewards demoman players who can make contact shots at the offset of no rollers as the pipes are destroyed if they don't contact another player.

Do you feel in charge?

Epic cuck thread lads.
You will never be as skilled as us.
t. Xonotic lad

This is the main reason why outside of binaries, 2.9 is only ever being updated with slightly revised bugfixes then adding any more major content updates. I had items planned on the list of things to add in TF2V, but an extremely specific list of items that would go through extreme amounts of testing before they were worthy of being implemented. I can understand only wanting stock, but one of the nice things about TF2V's code is that you can force the game to play from any of the older versions, be it pre-mannconomy or 2007 mode so if you want stock weapons with no hauling or airblast you can do that or loadouts with hauling and airblast or any variation of these settings. It even has the competitive mode damage values in it as well just in case you'd want to play this like an e-sports douche.

So your point is the same I made when I was suggesting weapons that were good and fit its class.

I don't get what's in your mind because you are making no sense right now.

Only reason wrangler would get in is because engineer update was pre-mannconomy

One would wonder why'd you shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

Calm down user, now is not the time for fighting.
That comes later

Was adding weapons part of your plan?

of coursh

anyone wanna play

Well congratulations, you added weapons. Now whats the next step of your master plan?

making lunch then playing

with no survivors?

of coursh

OK I'M READY

joining the server, get the fuck in lads

be on inna few

Join the server guys

coming. anyone wanna play?

3 people

5 now

Im strugling to download this piece of shit.
I just tried to extract it and it came up with a load of errors so I went back to download it again and I've hit the mega limit.
Maybe some other time goys

use the G drive link

404 not found

what about the moddb 2.9?

also to the user who has the torrent leave it open tomorrow from 5:30 pm est till whenever so I can download it and seed it

it's just me
Anusfracture, a cautionary tale
raising a glass

Who's in the mood to play the game?

Sure

Yo fam, can I join you lads?

that's not a haiku
you retarded black scotsman
now check my doubles

GET IN HERE

where is everyone?

Just you and me friendo

I'm retarded, how do I connect when the server browser is empty? Can some user give me an IP or something?

74.91.123.198:27015

I'm retarded, how do I connect when the server browser is empty? Can some user give me an IP or something?

We'll have to start a 3rd post that lists all the servers that are revemu friendly

strange double post, my shits fucked and it won't let me connect to that IP, says it doesn't match the game directories don't match.

I'm running steam tho

are you running 2.9?

I'm running the version linked in the OP

Shouldn't happen if you're running a vanilla 2.9

4 people now

you fegs better join

anyone up for some fun?

two people on right now

Downloading now. On average, how populated is the game?

pretty much it's only us playing. Despite the reddit thread no real interest it seems which is fine. Means when this game dies it's going to do so quietly

pretty low to none, but when players start coming in it tends to accelerate

Oof. What's considered a high population for the game then?

18 people again if we bothered to shill this on plebbit and cuckchaan it'd probably pick up but that won't happen

is there a download with just the 2.9 maps? still getting the occasional map like cp_snowplow where it says mine differs from the server, and deleting the map doesn't help.

see

got it, thanks

7 people

Trying something new for a patch coming up soon.

While still besieged by the V3 issues, I took some time to optimize up 2.9 and begin to implement some new systems that weren't in older versions. Besides plugging some more bugs silently here and there among other fixes that are subtle, the biggest change is another change of the file types. While the overall size of the game isn't decreased or increased by this, it should make loading transitions in game even faster than it was before and slightly optimize ingame performance. The most notable things really are the addition of the fall event maps and a WIP of the old Developer Commentary.

Dead ringer or riot

we going to .vpk?

make the code for it and we'll make the spy update first :^)

Finished downloading, but I'm getting this error:

Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory '\steamapps\sourcemods\tf2vintage'. Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

There is a gameinfo.txt sitting right in the tf2vintage folder, what am I doing wrong?

mediafire.com/file/zn7um0jig79qafg/gameinfo.txt

try this if it works devanon needs to repack

Nope, already found that link in the comments under the installation instructions, still did not work.

I have no idea what the cause of this is,

We're going to 2fort.
Pray for us.

Figured it out.

In the instructions, it says to add "-game "\steamapps\sourcemods\tf2vintage"" to the SDK launch options, but I added the full address instead.

I'm not sure if I'm retarded and that's what I was supposed to do first, but that's the fix.

wew

Yep. Next version of TF2V will be in .vpk format. I don't have an exact estimate of how fast it'll load but hopefully decently faster.
I also fixed some other stuff there like the medic's gun actually firing properly and the signs being the correct ones.

I think you should strip the maps folder out as it'll save a gig on filesize since all that we have to really do is drag and drop in this case. I dunno but last thing we wanna do is piss people off about having to download 2.9.1

now we're at turbine
things are not so good

CUSTOM MAPS WHEN?
gamebanana.com/maps/160155

NEVER EVER

Now we're on gorge
and we've even got people somehow

Getting tired. Was fun playing, highlight which I didn't record was the heavy fun on borneo

Was fun tonight lads.

looks like i missed the fun again

There's always fun tomorrow

Also a heads up if you know anyone who might know C++ send them our way please we could use the help

anyone want to play some good old tf2?

gonna be busy this week so sorry I can't join you guys

IIRC the move to vpks broke some lighting on older maps. So you made sure the original TF2 maps have everything fixed on it right?

so we have those as "addons"
would be fair to yank the new graphical additions and put em as addons too so people with toasters aren't left scratching their heads as to why it's still running like shit, but that's me covering bases

also isn't the file system gonna cause mismatches AGAIN?

Does that mean I can port my custom folder to this tf2? Gaben over Pyro was my jam along with his voices lines from Silvermania.

Yep. Most TF2 mods should also affect TF2V. The new mod for rocketry is made for TF2V but will also work on retail.

GET IN HERE FAGS

ok

O.K.

I wish I could tell time

Soldier can now shoot bullet bills, confirmed?

bump

Just confirmed it, yes.

Maybe I'm just sleepy, but what does this mean exactly?

Some mods moved onto the vpk format to stay compatible so a lot of them didn't work as they should have with the older builds of TF2 which vintage is based off. Now that we have vpk format going it's going to be a bit easier

You guys want to play later? I can't right now, just saying.

Hell, you know what? Let's make things better and agree to a very specific time to join the server everyday, like in 3 hours. That way we all know what's the proper time to try joining the server and check if there's people.

This is way better than "hey guys wanna play now" and wait to see if people replies or joins.

I'd be cool with that. As long as I get to play videogames with you, user.

I'm gunna go idle in the server now.

w-we got a 2v2

still alive, 4v3.

By the way, 2.9.1 releases tomorrow I think so get ready for another update.

get in here you queers

Now 2.9.1 shouldn't break compatibility RIGHT? and should only be there for people who need a fresh install

Only a teeny tiny bit of a compatibility break if servers opt into the new weapon system, but since I don't see many if any at all servers opting in right now it should be too much of an issue.

people who download 2.9.1 will still be able to join those servers running 2.9 right?

In theory yes. People joining 2.9.1 servers using 2.9 may have some errors though.

Speaking of 2.9.1, it released publicly earlier today while I passed out from exhaustion.

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v291

right, still trying to find people interested in doing coding for vintage in my stead, primarily aiming at people who might have free time

who wants to play fuckers

You guys are missing all the fun

I'll play with you, hitler.

so wait, is this shit uses steam or what? I probably get vacced if I fuck around with this won't I? I would check this shit out because pre-cancer TF2 is gold, but I don't want to fuck around with inventory managers and this suspicious shit
and what about tf2c? is that another mod or what
I just want to play some old ass tf2

Looks like my computer broke. I won't be able to join for some time. Sorry guys.

Revemu doesn't vacban you, but the server has a plugin enabling people that use non-steam clients to connect to it.. If you're using steam, the server works for it too. There's just no vac protection on the server is all.

Anyone want to play now or is everyone playing doom?

I'll be running around in the server.

avoid TF2C, it's cancer and the people still part of the community are pretty much inbred redditors like alphablaster who froth at vintage's existence because we aren't being retarded

anyone wanna play?

I'm downloading it now, how many weapons are going to be added? Wouldn't mind having up to the Mann-conomy update without the other gay shit added in it.

Right now there are 6: Direct Hit, Loch-N-Load, Kritzkrieg, Flare Gun, Gunboats and the Jag.
I don't want to add too many weapons at once and turn it into an OC DONUT STEEL fest like TF2C was.

frankly if we're gonna stick with the whole "pre-mannconomy spiel" it should jsut be the mannconomy and before shit

Well that is the idea is pre-mannconomy and before. The only reason Loch-N-Load is in here is because the pre-mannconomy content for Demoman is Demoknight bullshit. A slightly reworked unlock system for him puts him more in line with the WAR update.

which is what I've been repeating. at least we're on the same page for demo.

It'll take coding which we have no coders so I'm hoping to dig through my old friends for leads there.

In any case we should prioritize bug fixes before going full weapons

currently sitting alone in the server

yet another decent fps that is dead as fuck

It ain't prime time in burger land

heh, i should reinstall this

Just noticed that weapon loadouts are in. Anyone in for a few rounds?

inna few. also for the weapons it won't be on Holla Forumsintage fun since they're strictly stock it seems but that's not issue. Wish devanon had held off on the weapons till we found a way to fix shit. Also not a fan of using classic's kritzkrieg model should revert to the original version

I wanna play this but, i live in SEA so i won't have any fun if i don't play as an ebin trickstabz sphoi. Too bad i suck at spy and there's no CnD. i also suck at point-n-click
-t. hoovy main

Players clipping in to the cart and nobody being on are the only things left to be fixed.

i'm ready to play

could always play we had a leaf with fucking BR tier internet playing last night that got more points than 3-point scout man

Mind you if I had the ability I'd tackle it but my old builds still have issues again mainly with spy.

Is there a place where you can learn how to mod Tf2?

try asking around sites like TF2 maps, moddb, avoid facepunch.

Also valve's own SDK wiki should help.

anyone wanna play?

6 dudes on

bump

nobody even here

Think of it as the cycle :^)

Get mark to make a vintage game night or some shit.

we had a vintage game night less than a month ago.
On that note anyone wanna play some video games? I need something to do now that DOOD game night is over

Already happened.

oh ye

weird

and now 120 at the time of this

whad the fug

the only mention I can find of it outside the previous spots is a 1 day old steam thread on TF2 discussions on steam

steamcommunity.com/app/440/discussions/0/2765630416823521381/

twitter.com/ModDB/status/909763958390820864

and this makes it the SECOND time modd has featured the mod on their twitter

Well fuck me then.

It's nice to see how nice yet firm the dev is on Moddb comments page about anonymity and general support.
Good on ya, don't let it go to your head.

Technically it's mostly me doing it while devanon does shit like upload, while he has keys it's mostly me doing PR bullshit

msm
stop doing pr

I can do it better than I can code.

That being said I really think to help it grow outside 8ch the mod is eventually going to need a hub of some kind, preferably a non-reddit one that can be controlled

I'll play some

Are there currently other servers than Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN?

There used to be memesystem
It was killed.
Likely the best way to find 'em is by using steam and searching for the vintage tag. If you're using revemu, there's some shenanigans that won't allow you to search. It makes it so you gotta add every serer by IP.

nope there used to be memesystem but that went

I was thinking I might set up a Steam group to allow people to join it, a la TF2C and have it a very loosely organized group like what I did with the /ogc/ Steam group page.

This way we can have a contained hub where the outsiders can hang out while the chosen anons still get focus here. Works well for their general.

And done.

steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2_Vintage

alright I'll post a news update on the moddb page

Good to know. I hope some anons join the group even if it is meant as the public face of TF2V.

It'll be good to have it and keep our usual discussions here. There was actually a random who posted about the mod on steam so putting the link there as well to drum up support.

Also we got any plans for halloween?

You fucks are really going through with the shitty weapon items. I'll miss the harmony and balance of stock only.

right now it's still stock. polish to the game comes first as does addressing bug fixes. and Holla Forumsintage fun is still stock only. So before we all panic remember the end goal is VERY far away, especially considering we have no coders. The weapons dev user rolled out are already part of TF2C's code and thus the implementation isn't that hard since devanon more or less just removed the pointer to the loadout menu. the assets for the weapons were in v1.

Frankly I don't care, playing vanilla engineer has been really fun. Feels good to have to rely on wit and a quick trigger finger to come out on top instead of hiding behind a shield that soaks up 66% of the incoming damage

Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN server will always remain stock, i wont update it to a version that has weapons added in

well rldr as a counter point to update you can enforce it since we left the force stock option in there. I only ask that because 2.9.1 has halloween maps in it added and I was hoping you'd put some of them into rotation for a halloween gamenight.

Also I hope you will update when we fix all the glaring issues with the core game modes (like payload)

ill throw the halloween maps on the server and if critical stuff gets fixed ill update, still will force stock only though

that is honestly no problem. Do enjoy the stock experience.

anyone wanna play?

not much users want to play, recommend to get the word out.

we did have a sessions going. tomorrow night hopefully more people will play. would be nice to be able to send out announcements via the steam group

that's the point, it the 2007 version before the mann-conomy update, classic is already taken.

by a redditor who grifts

2010 actually, that's when mannconomy happened.

Besides looking at it now vintage serves a double meaning as all pre-mannconomy items became vintage quality. so in a way it works on a few levels

fug. I've illustrated an MSPaint comic to demonstrate my point.

It doesnt work right now but in the future you can connect to Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN using the domain vtg.fun, might want to add that to the op in the next thread. Im also planning on adding more maps so if you have any requests throw them out

it's basically just foer the normalfags who primarily are outside the group. a lot of discussion is still gonna happen here as is requestss to get shit going hopefully. that being said anyone up for playing tonight around 6pm EST or so?

YES

whoops

gamebanana.com/maps/51482
gamebanana.com/maps/92768
gamebanana.com/maps/46859

Every medic should have his own medic healing them. That is pro teamwork.

There was over 32 players on game night.

Nobody is going to join unless the server is full and the server wont be full if nobody joins.
We need a regular unofficial game night.

tonight at 6pm EST hows about?

Also a gamenight for halloween would be good

I should be on around then. But no promises.

If you can get a critical mass of about 10 players then more will be sure to join.

ye
what time is that in mst

mountain time right? should be around 5 for you you're in mid america right? can always check your computer clock

Any of you cunts wanna play right now?

I can do a few rounds

checked. sure why not

ye'.
RTV'd it to steel instead now.

m1+m2
git gud

yeah won't download anything and I wiped the downloads folder

you should be able to download this vtg.fun/fastdl/maps/pl_cashworks_final1.bsp.bz2

disregard this I suck cocks
in the future, please make it so you can download the maps off the server properly so the serb won't drop half the population when the custom maps roll

i deleted the map from my tf2vintage\download\maps folder and i was able to just download it again

it's weird it wasn't letting me download the map period.

there weren't any maps with the same name there

ok so the formatted file isn't getting read by the client so the bz2 effectively doesn't exist when trying to connect to the server for me

you cant just put the bz2 in your maps folder, uncompress it and put the bsp in there instead

ok so removed cashworks and tried again. For a brief moment it TRIES to download the map before going "sorry can't find it" and gives me the error

bogused again. gonna try a reinstall see if that fixes things

rldr you have logs right of when people try to access the server, does it show anything there?

yeah i was just looking, your ip doesnt show in the error log or the access log, only time it does is when you are using a browser to download the maps

weird and you've set the download size to a proper one right? I just learned that causes issues too

there shouldnt be any restrictions

tf2maps.net/threads/tf2-dedicated-server-missing-map-error.25865/

This is what I found

Having a map folder full of nothing but the .bsps of stock maps seems to work for generally not having problems– at least for me.
Also we're on 5gorge now

rldr you triple nigger why are there files on the server that aren't on the fastdownload

they are all there

so getting a error every time I try to change my spray with 2.9.1

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

will it be
fun?

very

still getting that issue with the custom maps on map switch.

im starting to think its on your side, everyone else seems to be fine

anyway ill look into it more tomorrow

i'm getting it too though

I'm looking into various fixes. for my end as well.

so where the fug is everyone and why did everyone beforehand decide to leave?

trying to rejoin now but everything has gone ass up on my end. not to mention some users (myself and like one other user) have issues downloading custom maps from rldr's fastdl server though in game

COME ON GET IN HERE

We got a 4v4 goin'.
Where's WOAH DAVE and It's a goose when you need 'em?

4v4

>Custom map nobody oculd vote for because the round ended before the 5 minute mark on the map timer.
FUCK
RLDR SET THAT SHIT TO 10 MINUTES

>Custom map nobody oculd vote for because the round ended before the 5 minute mark on the map timer.
FUCK
RLDR SET THAT SHIT TO 10 MINUTES

getting more reports of "missing maps"

vtg.fun/fastdl/maps/cp_upland_rc4.bsp.bz2

I dunno why it's not downloading for some people

I think I'm done for tonight. It was fun anons.

vtg.fun/fastdl/maps/cp_glassworks_rc6a.bsp.bz2

rldr just needs to fix that.

Outside the issue of some people not being able to download makes it weird. wonder if a fresh set up would fix it serverside

I should've clarified that that I meant the custom maps in rldr's rotation were shit most of the custom maps on that server are shit

like which ones, don't be a faggot list em and why

fair enough points. I think a lot of maps that are post mannconomy and community made tend to be made more in mind for the myraid of weapons and whatnot at the disposal of the players as even with the "official" maps post engineer update the maps valve actually create seem to be too wide open meaning if I want to be a viable engineer I need to have the wrangler.
plr_panic I asked for because I have fond memories back when I used to play TF2. in fact most of the maps I request with the exception of depot (because tug of war payload sounds neat and we need to try it once), all the maps are ones I used to play.

Atrophy is another good one. like you said the concept is good but it still has the issue CTF has with the turtling which I don't think can ever be fixed.

you might as well run dm_duel 24/7

PANIC NO SERVERS

Who the fuck are you.

t.

NEW THREAD