Enemy variety

You know what I really like about castlevania? its got enemy variety, you got zombies and skeletons, fishmen and Frankensteins monster, you got vampire and werewolves. Its fun, I want more games about just killing classic horror monsters, that is not too much to ask is it?

I never played a single castlevania apart from IV on the snes and I never liked them but I came to your thread so you don't feel lonely alone.

Enemy variety went out the window because of MUH REALISM.
Those MUH REALISM and MATURE GAMES FOR MATURE GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF really do hate the idea of just a bunch of movie monsters being slammed into a game for no logical reason other than they're cool to fight.
No, they need reasons for it to happen and if none are supplied then its a PLOT HOLE OMG.

Here is the big secret nobody has been telling you:
It wasn't just the normalfags who ruined games but the autists too.
The autists and normalfags ended up feeding eachother to produce a bland same-shit utopia for themselves.

Why the fuck do you think Nintendo came out with an official Zelda timeline book?
normalfags can't understand the idea of sequels not connecting together (you can kind of blame modern movies for that, the ultra planned in advanced movie cycles and "cinematic universes") and the autists obsess over every little fucking detail and need reasons (lore) for everything.

Of course the one caveat is that autist faggots will just make shit up where there is none, hence why Dark Souls has so much "lore" and "plot" when in reality it really fucking doesn't at all.

Doesn't the succubus have exposed tits and vag in SotN?

Just tits I think.

I don't think Castlevania has been even remotely inspired by old horror movies since 3, what with it being the last one to have a film reel border on the title screen and all. A shame, too.

I mean if they really wanted a reason you could just make a universe where that shit makes sense. It doesn't have to be a ultra detailed universe either just a set up and some backstory and then we'll make up something cool along the way.

You're a good person.

Are you referring to the sprite?

ya. Nice pic, though. Is that an edit or official?

You might want to try the shin megami tensei series. The bestiary is taken from world mythology as well.

Just give me more succubusses and I'll be happy.

Not if you can't get the plural right

Is that like a succ driving buses or something?

succubi?

Enemy variety is a great way to keep interest in a game high for longer, although it takes more work so it's often axed in favor of easier shit like more famous voice actors

I don't know, I picked it up here awhile ago.

Why are succubi so lewd?

Yes

If you're asking that, you must not even know what a succubus is.

It's official but you never see it in-game. The full picture is in the Saturn version but is unused data while her character portrait during dialogue is only from the neck up.

Let's not forget all the lovely touches to each enemy. Like in Aria of Sorrow, the skeletons will throw their head at you eventually and hitting it makes it fly off-screen hilariously.

bump.

Because they are literally physical manifestations of illicit sexuality?

another bump