wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

Mumble Info down below

Label: Swamp

Address swamp.li

Port 64738

Post your Switch Code/Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:

Got any dank squid memes post it in the thread whenever you can

Remember to post in-game screenshots directly for best quality;

Switch Version(Posted from an user previous thread)

As far as I know there are 3 options.

A micro SD card can be inserted into a slot under the Switch's stand. You can transfer screenshots to and from the card either one at a time or en masse from Data Management in the system settings. Any screenshots taken while the card is in seem to get saved to the card. Be advised that inserting the card requires a restart.

The other options involve social media, how dreadful. If I were to recommend one over the other, well, I've tried to make a twitter account to make squidverse posts and while making the account itself was no problem i then had to claim a username, while i was doing that it decided I was acting like a spam bot and demanded my phone number. Beware of that.

[Wii U Version]

—————————————————————

Does anyone like to use abilities to make fun builds? Post your favorite ones!

?CURRENT NEWS:
The Flight vs Invisibility Splatfest has concluded

Team Flight takes it 2-1

New maps are planned to be released Called the Manta Maria and a new map for salmon run called The Shoal

Update Highlights: Courtesy of an user from the previous thread

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

Blaster buff (less inaccuracy when jumping)

Roller buff (ink efficiency for regular/carbon, range for dynamo)

Charger buff (shorter charge time)

Splatling buff (faster move speed while charging/shooting)

Nothing got nerfed, with the exception of the standard dualies which got a range increase but a special charge nerf.

SPLATFEST RESULTS
Team Flight vs Invisibilty(They combined NA and EU scores).

49% Votes 51%

55% Solo 45%

52% Team 48%

TOTAL SCORE 2-1

?VERY IMPORTANT:

Dont Sleep on the Forge Splatershot Pro

Other urls found in this thread:

support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34680
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/912969902662631424
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/916484225783566336
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/918039051436924928
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

facts

any inkopolis saltposts or has nintendo ruined fun yet?

CUNTBOYS

Was the combined score thing because this splatfest wasn't locked to regions or something, or did they actually keep the same style of region locking as last splatfest and then tally both regions into the same results for some reason? What's the deal with that? Did they explain it anywhere or were they just trying something new?

I read on Reddit EU splatfest was taking longer than the US side so Im guessing they slapped us toghther when EU was done which is why it didnt happen at 1am(EST) like usual

Said no one ever

Anyone want to see new weapon classes added to the game? Maybe with a single player campaign expansion for hero versions of new weapons.

I recall a stamp hammer thing being proposed earlier. I'd like to see a variant of a charger in the form of a crossbow plunger. The gimmick is once fully charged the plunger locks itself storing the shot. Partial charges immediately shoot ink at a shorter distance than chargers. However when full charges are stored you tap the trigger again to shoot immediately. The plunger has no laser while charging or aiming. And with a stored shot you can move anywhere. Held charging kinda makes this idea useless. Though I can see double plungers and rapid plungers be variants of this weapon.

Somebody post that stupid comic where the author said forehead goblin would never win a splatfest.

Nintendo wtf u doin

Doesn't matter you bought their Squidbox, you don't matter anymore

What's going on here?

I see a report button if you go into the last 50 matches and click on someone's name. Maybe this has been a thing for a while and Nintendo is updating their code of conduct?

But now expect butthurt professional players to report you when they lose and Nintendo will comply with their unfounded ban.

the only thing that sucks about the mumble is the lack of people actually playing splatoon, it really stinks

As anyone been confirmed banned for squidbagging yet?

its ok when Nigtendo does it.

Nobody stopped it when they did the exact same thing last game, twice.

This isn't bad for a low-budget outfit. Still I wish I could see inkling/octoling cosplayers oiled their skin and use silicone tentacles to simulate a cephlapod's body.

Also Marina's hot pants in game looked like they were made out of plastic because I saw lights bounce with the music in them. Replicating that will take some engineering.

I understand the bra too. Most likely any wardrobe malfunction would have kicked her out of wherever she was filming. And natural modesty. That said authentic Marina is bra-less until (((patched))).

GENTLEMEN: 30 YEAR OLD PEARL!

3D fails again.

Not into ebony, but she looks ok. Dare I say cute for 3D

Wrong. This is 30 year old Pearl.
Pearl is a perma loli older than Marina. Deal.

What a time to be alive.

It's shit

tiddy is for thicc octos, squids are all about the thighs

SHADMAN OUT!

Learn something new every day.

Artist name on that?

Niggers* fail again

Anybody got the Nipland Splatfest results? Missed previous bread.

Nipland has nuggies vs fries this weekend they didn't have anything last week

I feel like Bubbler by itself is going to be ass. However when combined with other specials it is useful. I tried it. And I found bubles useful for a few other things too.

Bubbles can block enemy projectiles. So shooting them while enemies are shooting back could be a stall tactic. Otherwise expect enemies to shrink most of your bubbles if fired in the same space.

Bubbles + Ink Storm. Same color Ink storm feeds ink to bubbles causing them to burst on their own. Opposite shrinks them so Ink Storm could be a decent counter.

Bombs can quickly burst or shrink bubbles faster than most guns. Bombs also detonate on impact of bubbles.

Not sure how Rainmaker shots interact with it. I'll have to try it out later.

The bubbles are a lot like the Rainmaker shield, including the bonus damage that Object Shredder gives you against them.

So does Special Weapon Up do anything to the bubbles like increased blast radius or health against enemy ink?

I just got this game yesterday, is the lobby system shit for everyone else? When I actually get connected to a match it's insanely fun and amazing but most of the time I simply end up sitting on a lobby with 3 or 4 people until the timer runs out.

Also, how are you all using motion controls? I think I'm doing something wrong because I simply can't get used to them. Is there a specific sensitivity setting I should use? The camera just ends up flailing everywhere and I can't get anything done when I turn it on.

Please share your wisdom fellow squids.

I try single player with motion controls first. In the hub you can adjust your controller sensitivity. Single player will also teach you how to aim with motion controls while moving/platforming, which is hard to do with dual analog. As you practice adjust motion sensitivity to how you position your controller.

I play with my controller or Switch parallel to the floor with subtle movements. I can charger with max sensitivity and snap-aim "okay". I just need to practice more and git gud.

You playing on WiFi or wired? Wired is recommended if your router signal is shit. Any USB ethernet that works with WiiU works with Switch.

This applies to WiiU version as well.

I just tried one of the single player missions with motion controls, and that fucking sucked honestly. Had to constantly press Y and use the right stick to position the camera correctly in order to not get my shit kicked in by Octolings. Had my sensitivity turned down to -2, by the way. Is it always like this, or do I get used to it at some point and stop sucking ass? It's fair to mention that I cleared this mission with relative ease when I was using manual controls. Should I just raise my sensitivity?

As for connection, I'm on WiFi right now, but I have little issues with other games like Mario Kart 8. My dock is also right next to the router so I doubt it's the signal. How much does a USB ethernet adapter go for, anyway? I kind of already blew my load on the Switch and games so hopefully it's not too expensive.

You can still use the right stick to turn the camera. Just not looking up and down for some reason. Have you tried higher sensitivities for aiming up and down? I tried low sensetivity with charger and I always shoot too early. My personal sweetspot is I use right stick to turn the camera and use motion controls to fine-tune my aim where I need to hit. With my motion controls at max sensitivity I can 180 turn with stick and controller very easily. I use Y to center my reticle time to time. Keep in mind Y centers the camera based on character direction.

But this is my experience with the game. I always prefer keyboard and mouse over dual analog for FPS.

I have an old Nintendo branded Wii wired network adapter, and it helped connectivity for Splatoon 1 quite a bit. I surprisingly didn't see any drops when playing wireless until this last Splatfest. Then, the drops were terrible and I tried the adapter. It didn't seem to help with Splatfest. I wholeheartedly suggest getting a wired adapter, as it will help with connectivity issues for sure.

Motion controls are kind of a bitch. I played two months of Splatoon 1 using the sticks(I was a latecomer), and I started Splatoon 2 using motion controls. It helps to play through all of the single player mode using motion controls, but after 8 hours of splatfest using motion controls, I still don't quite get it. It takes practice. Just keep at it. It's going to be awkward starting out, but you do get used to it.

Hold up, so I'm supposed to use both instead of just relying on one? Is it possible to turn off motion controls for the X axis and only keep it for the Y axis? That'd help a lot I feel, because I was really confused thinking I was supposed to control both axis with the gyro in the right joycon (I use them separately, without the grip)

I have work soon but I'll try playing with both the right stick and the motion controls when I get home. Thanks for the tips.

By the way, any recommended weapons for a newbie squid? I went with a roller because it's a lot of fun and it lets me splat niggas easily, but I wonder if that makes it a shitter-tier weapon. I hear a lot of shit talk about bucket mains so I'm wondering what's the general consensus on roller mains.

So I should go back and redo all the missions I already cleared with motion controls on, huh? I'll keep that in mind. I'm halfway through Sector 3 but if it'll help me improve I don't suppose it's a big deal.

Also, do only Nintendo wired network adapters work on Switch, or can I get third party ones too? Is there any recommended models I should get for better speeds? I know chinkshit adapters are crap sometimes so I'd rather not order something online and get swindled.

And one last thing, do you guys have a Discord server or something? I read the OP and saw you have a Mumble, but as far as I know Mumble is only for voicechat, which I'm not into at all.

Oh and I bought my third party adapter online for $15 including shipping. Look up what works with WiiU and Wii and it'll work for Switch.

I think there's benefit for clearing all the missions with all of the weapons. Worst case scenario, go in balls deep in turf war with motion controls. There's little penalty for being on the losing team.

Third parties work. The Amazon Basics one is like $14 and is pretty good. A UGREEN one is $11 and works, too. I know there are other compatible models, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

There's someone in these threads that pushes for a Discord server, but we don't really have an official one or anything. It's pretty much just the Mumble. I haven't been on the Mumble is a while, and I only stopped in a couple of times. I have serious social anxiety and feel I need to prove myself.

You don't need much to prove yourself on mumble for now. Just dank squid memes and tell interesting match stories. Nothing is more boring than a metafag looking to win by doing things everyone else does. (Aerospray and Tri Sloshers)

Motion controls automatically turn off Y. There is no way to turn Y on with motion controls. There's no way to turn off X with motion controls either. Which is for the best because turning vertically with the motion controls alone is inaccurate and sucks ass. And since displays are wide screen it isn't as much of a strain to aim vertically. And the level designs are made for you to watch your six constantly so you'll want max X sensitivity on your stick to look around.

For beginner weapons: Splattershot Jr. and vanilla Splattershot. Splattershot to learn how aiming works to splat opponents while your special and sub covers territory. Also burst bomb 1-2 punch still splats opponents without bomb defense. Splattershot Jr. to learn how to cover terrain with your gun and effectively use your sub to flush out opponents.

Then step up to dualies when you feel comfy and learn to dodge roll.

Also when you hit level 4 play Salmon Run. That mode will give you weapons randomly you won't unlock for a while. And chances are you'll be facing those before unlocking them. Salmon Run will help you familiarize how weapons work and what to use them on. I learned more from using new weapons in Salmon Run than turf war. I'm a Splatoon 1 vet too.

Well, I'm an absolute embarrassment in general.
That's not me, but I'm pretty much the most vanilla of players.

Do you use only Aerospray for turf and Tri Slosher for ranked? If not then I'm pretty sure you'll fit in fine.

I actually dreamt about Splatoon last night.

I dreamt that Nintendo asked me to design the next Splatfest and they let me make it whatever I wanted so I wrote a story about Off the Hook getting into a fight with the Squid Sisters and they bump the computer and make it suffer a huge error. An explosion goes off and the Splatfest is decided "Team Hat Pie" vs. "Team Baldirigible".

Hat Pie is a pie with a top hat on it. Baldirigible is a blimp with the face of a bald man at its front.

Maybe I'll draw it.

Is this some silly excuse you've made up to post your oddly specific bald man faced blimp fetish art?

nintendo what the fuck.

Not if you live in New York it isnt

That's a monorail ya ding dong

It could be or it couldn't be. What's it to you? You sexualize the inklings even though theyve done nothing to you. Let Anons be user.

I thought it was getting a cow to take a dump on someone's scalp.

So Patrick Stewart's role in Pixar's Planes 2 is a blimp? Does he make Led Zepplin jokes?

Holy shit where do you live? That looks radical.

How can someone get upset at all over something so absurdly funny?

Because e-Sportsmanship and advertisers.

Is there documentation that says this? I generally don't do it, but I did during the last splatfest. Shit's funny as hell.

What is squid bagging?

>TFW you will never grab cute squid girl and give her surprise hugs, making her blush in embarassment and ashamed to fight.

It's switching in between kid and squid repeatedly after killing someone. It's hilarious to see, and I don't see why people get offended by it.

WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON

Anti-Skub

how do i get more ass?

Step 1: Become a little girl.

of course i picked the loli. sheesh.

You shut your god damned mouth.

are you gonna be ok TFE? stay safe

Does a 3 star gear and a 1 star gear with more slots added by snails have different requirements to get the slots full?

if everyone says meme, he'll be alone gazing into the abyss

1.3 HITS TONIGHT 6 p.m. PST/ 9PM EST

TRI SLOSHER GETS A NERF[HARD] AND STING RAY GETS A DESIGN CHANGE]

support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34680

Match/battle changes:

Changed the performance of some Special

Weapons:

[Sting Ray]

After shooting ink continuously for 1.5 secs, shock waves are generated and damage-dealing beam size is greatly increased
Default duration extended by 0.5 secs

[Splashdown]

-Shortened the amount of time spent paused in the air (at the peak of the jump) by 1/6th of a second
Increased the jump height by 31%
Changed minimum explosion damage from 40.0 to 55.0
Reduced special charge points of some weapons that come with the Splashdown

[Ink Storm]
Expanded radius by 13%
Reduced the special points needed to charge on most weapons

Baller

-Knockback decreased
-Increased default endurance/stamina by 33%
-Increased explosion radius – 17% more damage, 7% more inking
Changed minimum explosion damage from 30.0 to 55.0
Increased knockback effect against opponents on explosion
[Ink Jet]

-Increased hitbox of player versus enemy bullets (Shooter weapons), so it will be easier to shoot down
Decreased explosion radius at point of impact – 17% for damage, 20% for inking
Decreased damage dealt by exhaust (underneath the Ink Jet) by 75%
[Ink Armor]

-Decreased invincibility at the time when the armor is broken by 8/60 of a second
When receiving more than 100.0 damage at once, any excess damage will knock the Ink Armor user back (upper limit capped at 80.0)

-Changed the performance of some Sub–

Sprinkler
Ink is released in three stages; increased the middle of these stages in duration by 5 seconds (this one was a bit difficult to translate, sorry)
Ink consumption decreased from 80% to 70% of the ink tank

Point Sensor
-Expanded radius by 20%
Reduced the amount of time it took to start recovering ink after throwing it by 15/60 of a second
-
Splash Wall
Shortened the time between throwing and deployment by 0.5 seconds

Squid Beakon

-Ink consumption decreased from 90% to 75% of the ink tank

–Changed the performance of Main Weapons:–
Tri-Slosher
Maximum damage dealt decreased from 62.0 to 52.0
Range shortened by 9%
^This is Huge, also had to better format this

Changed the special charge points of some weapons:
210 → 200
.96 Gal

200 → 190
N-ZAP '85

190 → 170
E-Liter 4K, E-Liter 4K Scope

180 → 170
Sploosh-o-matic, Splash-o-matic, Aerospray RG, Splattershot Pro, Blaster, Hero Blaster Replica, L3 Nozzlenose, Splat Roller, Hero Roller Replica

180 → 160
Carbon Roller, Goo Tuber

170 → 160
Inkbrush, Brella, Hero Brella Replica

180 → 190
Splat Charger, Splatterscope, Hero Charger Replica

180 → 210
Rapid Blaster

210 → 230
Tentatek Splattershot

Various battle fixes:

-Auto-special gauge charge (dependent on mode/ruleset) now based on points needed (per-weapon basis) rather than consistent over an amount of time

Bugfixes for the following issues: Sloshing Machine hitbox/inking turf, rare Inkbrush and Octobrush incorrect hitbox on floor, Inkbrush and Octobrush and sponge interaction, damage recovery issue when touching opponents using Brella or Rollers, Roller vertical swing bug, Sting Ray ink droplet display, Ink Jet bullet interaction with corners, Brella and Ink Armor interaction, damage through/on wire meshes, Suction Bomb/surface interaction ink display on Starfish Mainstage, possible to go OOB/clip through world on Sturgeon Shipyard

Salmon Run:

Sting Ray, Splashdown – same changes as in battles (above)
Made Steelhead bombs unable to get stuck on top of Scrapper and Flyfish

-When using the Sting Ray on Grillers and Steel Eels, fixed an issue where damage was not dealt when aiming at weak points (tentacles, or pilot/driver) through the body.
In Lost Outpost, fixed a problem where Steelheads would not attack in certain places

-Fixed an issue where if, two players tried to pick up the same golden egg near the end of a wave, one of the players would become unable to pick up eggs in the following wave

-Fixed issue where, after playing online, party members in the plaza were shown to have the Splattershot Jr. equipped

-Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before starting, their weapon will be shown/stuck as the Rainmaker

-Fixed issue where, if a player disconnects just before the end, the arrow pointing to them (indicating "self") on the scoreboard may be seen by other players

-Fixed issue where a communication error would occur if a player was assigned a Roller-type weapon for a long period of time

Splatfest:
Changed number of points required to level up Splatfest Tee slots
Slot 1: 4000 → 7500
Slot 2: 8000 → 7500
Slot 3: 12000 → 7500
Total: 24000 → 22500
Fixed issue where players appearing in the plaza after Splatfest battles showed as having no shirt slots unlocked

Other changes:
When talking to Murch, you can now see your money and Super Sea Snail count in the corner of the screen

-Fixed issue where ranked meters incorrectly displayed as breaking, in the case the bar was empty and there was a disconnection

-Fixed issue where some gear, such as the Splatfest Tee, would not be displayed in the correct order while sorting by frequently used

-Fixed damage issue with the Baller in the testing area

jesus christ, scrappers could just deliver bombs to your face? there should be a special wave against elite salmonids where they do team attacks like this on purpose.

Tri Slosher deals less damage and has shorter range? I was expecting a mechanics nerf where all three splashes have to hit to deal optimal damage but okay.

I saw it happen on Lost Outpost a couple of times; the Steelhead bomb landed in one of the Flyfish's open launchers, bounced on the edge for a few seconds, then fell when the launchers closed.
Upon contact with the ground, the bomb glowed and exploded the way it was meant to (minus the sound effect, which had played out while it was stuck in the air).

I use 96 too and it was already savage before the buff. Sure it sucks for coverage but you only need to land 2 ink blobs on somebody to kill them. Massacre the enemy team and let your mates worry about map coverage.

Yeah, but Sloshing Machine is a more range focused weapon. Tri Slosher is for close combat kills and broad ink coverage. Tri slosher was OP because unlike vanilla slosher, tri slosher before patch loses no power with distance but has the same reach. If you really wanted to fuck the tri slosher then give it a high damage sweet spot before the three streams separate and deal a third damage. This adds some risk vs rewards. Do you support by spreading ink and doing AoE damage? Or do you get in close and go straight for the kill?

This is just how I would nerf Tri Slosher. Looks like damage and range is a hotfix nerf.

bump

Probably been asked a fuck ton by now, but is Splatoon 2 worth getting a Switch for?

Wanna be the very best, like no-one ever was?

Depends on how badly you want to play Splatoon 2. I got a Switch with Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Arms, and I kind of regret the purchase. At least Mario Odyssey is coming out next month. Beyond that, there are few games that interest me that have been announced with a definite release date. No More Heroes 3 interests me, but no hint of release date for that. Also, you may find yourself buying a ton of accessories to make the Switch tolerable. The standard dock is shit, so I bought a 3rd party housing and put the circuit board in it. The joycons are tiny, so I bought a pro controller and some joycon grips to make them larger controllers. I didn't want to scratch the screen, so I bought a screen protector. Switch will absolutely require a micro SD card for some games, even if you have physical games, so that'll be another fucking investment for the damn thing.

In the long run? Not really unless you plan on being highly competitive with this game. I'd say try to find a way to demo the game, but that requires a Switch. I bought my Switch for Zelda first, and Splatoon 2 second, and Monster Hunter for third (which will be shitcanned in the west for World not on Switch, joke's on me). If anything wait and see if Switch is going to be the middleware PC port machine on the go and not the pure sewage that is Wii shop channel and Wii U eShop.

So far the interesting games are niche Japanese titles on the Japanese eShop, which requires making a Japanese Nintendo account I think. And even then you'll need a PayPal for currency conversion.

is there any reason I should hold onto the first game or should I just put it towards Splatoon 2? I think it sells for 11 bucks but if it's just a version of Splatoon with less stuff I don't think I'll play it again.

How in the world did you do that?

what would build more special meter?

3X Special UP

or

2X Special UP + 1X Tenacity?

JPN splatfest is shit for me. Hardly any queues, plus I barely meet McFries fags, it is always against other fellow McNugget fags.

Really happy about the brella, ink storm and sprinkler. Still not the most useful, but fuck are they fun. Surprised they didn't increase the points needed for the curling bomb launcher on the aerospray MG, though.

is curly bomb rush really that big of a deal when people are using mid to long range weapons?

nah, just slip into the gaps and murder them. watch out for the rebounds/booms though.

its funny cause they pop it and think they are safe.

Question: Would you like to have a Squid Sister Select themed weapon in the form of Callie Roller and Marie Charger? If so what sub and special weapons would you want?

For simplicity I say SSS weapons are reskinned hero replica weapons with unique specials.

For Callie her special has to be based Bomb Rush Blush. I'm leaning either on burst bomb rush or curling bomb rush. Her sub is poison mist to slow enemies down chasing you.

For Marie I want her sub to be Bubbler for Tide Goes Out. And her sub would be burst bombs for blowing up bubblers.

I just want vehicles in Splatoon. Also why can't there be a wheelchair inkling preset character? It really leaves out some of us

I think 3x special charge up is more powerful than tenacity + 2x special charge up.

Doesn't this image confirm that Marina doesn't appear to have impants otherwise there would be a pair floating silicone domes underneath her top?

You would need larger stages (and more players per map?) for good combat vehicle usage. I wish a FLUDD knockoff could have a weapon/limited flight mobility option, but I'm happy to see the inkjet as a special weapon.

At least there are ramps everywhere for them. Is there staircases on any map?

I'd play a Mad Max style octo-dirby where you drive octo-tanks to smash other players into scrap metal.

Is there a way to get your friends and you on the same team in anything but league mode?

I, too, am curious about this. I offered to play with a friend if he was interested in getting the game.

From my experience only league lets you join up with a partner or team of four. Otherwise it's random which team you and your friends are assigned on.

I didn't realize implants were even on the table for discussion. But how many teens even get implants?

What's some good abilities to double up on for Splatberlla?

Ink Saver Main + Ink Recovery Up since it's an ink hog (Not as much as .96 gal)

Special Charge Up to spam Ink Storm even faster.

actually id rather marry the squid sisters

We all do user. We all do. Also what det of specials would Pearl Dualies and Marina Octobrush would have?

Anyone got the OG Shirt with blue hoodie with special power up(Main). I kinda want that combo than the one I have now.

I can use it for the Forge splatershot and Bubbler

From the start discord felt too convenient… Fucking kikes.

Hey bubbler guy. Try to see if you can find an ink storm on rainmaker and wombo your specials. Post screen shot if you can.

i want the special where my and the squid sisters go on an advanced starship adventure being the guardians of earth and granting good natured wishes.

basically people would get the squid sisters as fairy god parents, and i guess id be there too if anyone wanted to play video games.

new stuff
thoughts?

as long as your team sticks together by the bin you're fine. You may have to spam the "over here" until they get it though.

That tent shield thing better take more than 2 shots to break.

I really just want that camp stage back.

Pearl Dualies already exist. They have Curling Bombs and Inkjet.
Her daddy paid good money to have some crabnerds bake her up a birthday gun. Making another would just be ungrateful of her.

If Enperry Dualies are Pearl's weapon, then what weapon is Marina's?

10 dollars. Get some cardboard, layer it with glue, and wrap it in fucking foil. Throw in some fucking nail polish of the right color, and that's 10 bucks well-spent. I agree on the bra, but she could still add a few of those zipper tags with some clear thread.

i dont even know what weapon she likes. pearl references using dualies a bunch but marina hasnt hinted at it yet as far as i know.
itd be cute for her to use a blaster or splatling gun to contrast with her quiet personality

Stop trying to make me see Pearl as anything more than a little sister user

Okay, I figured some more stuff out for Salmon Run. Most of it is old, but here it is all over again & corrected.

Job Score = Golden Eggs Collected + (Power Eggs/200)
So 1 Golden Egg is worth 200 Power Eggs

The more Points you have, the higher your Pay Grade.

Lose at round 1 = -20 Points
Lose at round 2 = -10 Points
Lose at round 3 = -0 Points
Win all rounds = +20 Points

PAY GRADE
You Pay Grade is a percent that multiplies your Job Score to give your Final Score.
I've made a chart recording most of the numbers I can about how much Pay Grade you get based on your Points. I'm sure it goes higher, but this should give us a good idea

Marina mentions an Octobrush once in Musselforge dialogue, after Pearl says she forgot her Inkbrush.
In Port Mackerel dialogue, Pearl asks Marina with the best part about using the Brella is, and Marina says "protecting my precious Pearlie"
As far as I know, these are Marina's only two lines about owning/using weapons.

When you hit profreshional it only takes an hour or two to get all your unique daily bonuses.

user… I have some bad news.
Pearl is older than Marina. Marina is confirmed 18 years old.

I'm curious to know what Marina's weapon is too. I wonder if Marina would use her own custom brella. Though blaster or octobrush seems more likely.

Any other wonderful news I should know about her user?

Pearl is possibly drinking age. Which means you can have Pearl sit iin your lap while you both drink sake.

Oh boy, thank you user

Some of you squids are alright.
Don't come to Kelp Dome tonight.

i got a suit of fast just for this map. gonna be grinding the rails all night.

Why is Salmon Run going so fast?!
Is it just me or does the speed in Salmon Run seem like it's been sped up? Movement, firing speed, charging speed, it all seems like it's been increased! You still get 100 seconds, but it feels like the timer has been sped up too. Does anybody else notice this, or is it just me?

Also, the Grizzco Blaster is a BEAST!

Marina said something about using a Brella once, but I can totally see her using the Octobrush too

Things feel faster to me, but mostly just movement and swim speed. I think it's just the fact I'm having loads more fun with this random rotation and the special Blaster than I ever did with normal workshifts. Time flies and all that.
Spoeaking of Brellas, I don't think I've actually seen one at all in this Run.

How does that constitute as the end of the world, exactly?

There's also a new message from Mr.Grizz about the Grizz Blaster. Nice little touch.

I think I was wrong about Salmon Run being sped it. I think I know what was going on was that the pace of each run was going faster because there were more powerful weapons being used, that even the noobs were killing things fast. This gave the impression that the game was running faster than it really was, but it wasn't any faster than how Salmon Run normally is. Mind you, I'm pretty sure some things are sped up for both Salmon Run & the story campaign. Fully charging a Heavy Splattling in Salmon Run/Campaign feels like it goes much faster than it does in multiplayer matches.

And yeah, I haven't seen the Brella in any of the random weapons given to me. Haven't seen the inkbrush or Sploosh-O-Matic either.

fuck off

etc.

I had both of those on the road to 12k today, but Brella and Slosher-type weapons were conspicuously absent from the rotation.

I've used Sloshers and Tri-Sloshers myself. I don't think I've seen the Sloshing Machine, but it might be in there somewhere.
Brellas do seem to be missing. It might be that the Grizzco Blaster was put in rotation in place of it, for whatever reason.

I've had Slosher and Tri-Slosher. No Sloshing Machine yet.

Would you fucks stop shitting on ROB in the Holla Forums birthday thread? I know you autists don't like him because he said some mean words at you, but just fucking grow up.

Go back to bed ROB

Wrong thread dorselface. If we meet in turf you bet you will drink my ink and inksplode.

t. totally not R.O.B.

I wish Nintendo would do something about matchmaking in turf war. I'm new and low level and I'm always surrounded by level 30-50 and am always getting raped in the ass and never learn anything. If I could be around another person or two in my level every once in a while, maybe I could learn to get better.

Guys. I made a discovery. Inklings have navels.

we've known that since splat1

If they nerf the Rapid Blaster again I quit. Either that, or if I max out Special up on all my subs. whichever comes first.

So has Nintendo confirmed that inklings give live birth or do they absorb the nutrients from the eggs into their navel?

It's been long enough. Yes baby squids are squid form. I'm wondering if they are born in egg sacs or grow in the womb of mom. Or possibly an egg sac growing in mom's womb.

But digression aside, what other Grizzco weapons do you want to see in random rotation round next. I could see Grizzco roller having the speed and weight of carbon but the reach of dynamo. And Grizzco charger being an E-liter with squiffer charging speed.

Stop talking

Is there a way I can see my own drawings in the lobby? How do I know what people have rated my drawing Fresh?

ive never heard of a way. losing miiverse is heartbreaking and inconvenient

good question.
i went looking for it but i never found it.
in S1 there was a place where you could see the thing you drew that i believe either was the last picture you drew or was the picture that active when you had a picture that was being shared. i forget which.

Well, shit. Thanks, squiddos. Here's what I drew, since I have no idea if anybody is even seeing it in game.

Amazing, don't you think?

Time sure does fly

thats pretty darn fresh user

Not really this is just what happens when to do something FUCKING NEW for a change in an industry that releases the same crap twice a year.

pokemon sprouted up and spread like wildfire while the things that might now invoke feelings of "same old" or "wheres the body?" were pretty fresh and exciting.
its interesting phenomena. but only really amazing if its something you love.

on the note of repetition, i really miss megaman battle network. i might be sick of it by now if it were still going on. but i want that feeling back.

Well, some neckbeard GameStop associate tried to argue with me about Splatoon last year, saying that it was not original since it was a third person shooter, and that third person shooters are nothing new.

You'd be sick of it if you played the rest of the series after 3.

Salmon run desperately needs to be rebalanced

Shit I'd kill for any new Megaman IP right now. namely a third person shooter made by MonHun devs With Conman gone I don't think Capcom has interest in continuing Megaman outside of throwing fan service a bone.

I turned communication and social media posting off via Parental Controls to test. It seems you need social media to share otherwise it is only visible to you. Haven't tried with com with others unrestricted yet.

Being stuck with the Dynamo Roller in this session, when your teammates are also stuck with below-par weapons, is one of worst things you can experience in Salmon Run.
Good luck trying to solo any boss salmonids that don't have a bomb weakness.

Dude, I enjoy R.O.B. threads for the most part but this is seriously weak bait.

woulda been cool if while they were making a pass at salmon run balance they gave the dynamo some better ink efficiency

GOTTA BLAST FAST

I made burner Goybook and Twatter accounts for this. I just recently got together with a friend and his Switch and did a few matches. He absolutely cannot see my pictures in the plaza. That is a shame, as I spent a decent amount of time drawing it. Searching online, I can't see to find any solutions to the problem. It shows up on Goybook and Twatter no problem, but not in game.

What's with the matchmaking? Last Saturday, I was surrounded by a ton of level 35+ players who were stomping my shit, and now today, I'm surrounded by single digit and teen level trash in squid form.

There's no documentation because it doesn't happen. Even if it is bannable I doubt anyone who would be offended by it even knows how to report someone.

that bites. Does calling a post fresh in the plaza even do anything? Will it give facebook/twitter posts a "Like" or "Heart" or anything?

Your pay grade doesn't drop if someone disconnects

Dualies pose is the best.

Hard to say, really. I checked my twitter after a few days, and I did get a heart, but that very well could have been through Twitter itself. As far as I know, and as far as Nintendo has let be known(which is fuck all), marking something fresh doesn't do a damn thing. There's no way to tell what posts are labelled fresh and what posts you personally labelled fresh. There's a rumor circulating that the posts that are most popular are the ones being seen in the plaza. If that's true, you have virtually no voice in the plaza because the already popular people will be dominating. There's a person who draws a new Callie picture every day, and not a single day goes by where I don't see them in the plaza. I fear this confirms my aforementioned concern.

i miss the old splatling gun animation

there have been times when i looked for him and couldnt find him. i think theres just a higher chance. otherwise we would all see the exact same thing every time.

Same. It warmed my heart the first time I saw it.

Putz12 will die from his anger. Squid induced anger.

I did it guys.. I maxed out profreshional on Salmon Run. I understand the horror now.

damn, I lost all the old gifs I made in another external hard drive crash. I do have these other ones though

How do you unlock all songs for the minigame? Do I need to collect all scrolls? I'm at the last world and I haven't unlocked one bonus song.

The extra tracks are only unlocked through amiibo, unfortunately.
Six of them give you map themes from the first game, and the Squid Sisters give you their solo songs.
If there was an option to use any unlocked music during online matches, it might be worth unlocking them, but otherwise you're not missing anything important.

But I just beat the game and used the Callie and Marie amiibos, I didn't get shit.
Wouldn't that be great? Real tired of these songs now and I've gotten bored of the game but I still like the minigame. Splatoon 1 is far superior.

The songs are unlocked after you've earned the three pieces of gear each amiibo gives.
Go and raise one weapon's Freshness rating in Turf War matches, then try again.

Wow that's fucking crytptic and a pain in the ass, thanks.

There is something adorable about them hugging a big weapon of destruction.

It's not even new, it's just "fresh". Splatoon's game mode has been in many a party game, and even some actual ones. It's only by the combination of being released by Nintendo and an incredibly appealing aesthetic that it caught on the way it did.

such qts

I've been playing for less than 50 hours now. I think the first map I played on was the Manta Maria actually.
I'm just level 18. I'm a profreshional with Salmon Run and in the B range ranks for the ranked game modes.
I'm low-salt.

It's been years since I've done much online gaming, so this is very fun for me. Turf war is fun, but it's a tie between tower control and rainmaker for my favorite ranked game mode; splat zone is awful. I don't have anyone to play league games with. As for Salmon Run, the spawning grounds is the easiest map and the shoal the hardest.

Being an online game, there's constantly events and other things I'm not aware of and it's refreshing in a way to play a game that I don't understand perfectly or know everything about. It's less boring that way, at least with this type of game.

As for my weapon choices, I'm not nearly as trained at aiming as I should be, because I mostly use rollers or brushes. It's usually a terrible wave when I get stuck with a sniping weapon on Salmon Run, but that's because it's hard to do crowd control, spread ink, or do anything but take out certain Salmonids. I suppose most of my shooter training has been in Salmon Run.

It's hard to tell if I'm good or others are bad. I can end a rainmaker or tower control game in the first minute or two often.

IT ATTAC.
IT PROTEC.
But, most importantly, tonight,
IT RELEAS.

dang, I've lost my S rank in Tower mode and gone back to A rank. I've been playing salmon run so much that I've been slacking on my ranked mode & gotten bad. Any advice for the squiffer?

thats really big

For you.

you think rain is your ally but you merely adopted a special. i was born in it, washed by it. i didnt see an umbrella until i was already a kid. by then it was nothing to me but dry!

jeez that thing is HUGE! I kind of suck with it, but it does kill in one hit with 125 damage. It's pretty slow too.

There will be blood over this.

I remember someone was joking that Nintendo Eu was going to have this exact same splatfest

wow very funny meme and xd, haha the toilet paper on the other side?? i love memegames like splatoon 2
-t. rob

What do you think about squid boys?

Asking for a friend.

Good god, its actually real.
The plaza drawings about this are going to be interesting to see.

Same here.
This give me memories of the pro/anti pineapple on pizza EU Splatfest, a topic where people said it was another "boring EU Splatfest" vs those saying it was a good idea for a Splatfest inspired by an actual public topic of debate.

I want a toilet paper-themed roller just for this splatfest.

what's wrong with pineapple pizza?

Nothing, the pineapple meme goes just fine with spicy toppings.

Speaking of pizza. I'm classic pepperoni all the way. I can understand the appeal of supremes. I can understand the appeal of Mexican pizza even though it's not a pizza because corn tortilla.

What I can't stomach is the idea of a pineapple, ham (it's not canadian bacon dipshits), pickled jalapenos on a pizza with guacamole paste instead of tomato sauce.

Some fruits just go so well with spicy and salty things. Some humans yet have to taste it.

I was on the Pro-pineapple side, so I have nothing against it.

Nintendo is really out for Marina's blood with this one. Someone joked a while back that this would happen in EU and it fuckin did. Godly.

It amazes me that people still question why God has forsaken us.

people eat meat with fruit all the time

Your bloodline is weak.

Not sure if Ninja Squid is helping or not. Even offsetting with a big swim speed up, I'm still getting dominated.

Finally remembering that if I want to kill with the inkbrush, I can't let the enemy see me first, and I gotta flick as fast as I possibly can. Finger / wrist ends up burning after a while.

Also, there seems to be a salmonoid band
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/912969902662631424

I don't know about European preferences, but in the US its about 60–70 percent in favor of over; or as they call it in Europe "In Front". There are also some studies that found correlations with SES so that might result in a less diverse sample as video games are a fucking expensive hobby.

Already a bunch of insufferable faggots on the front roll side. If this comes to US, I'm going back roll just out of principle.

I like to use the octobrush, myself, with ninja squid, and I swear to god people are seeing me just the same. I'm not making my presence known ahead of time, so they can track me or make an educated guess where I'm hiding, and I swear people are almost always shooting directly at my hiding spots. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I can't make heads or tails of it. It's an okay ability, provided it's working, but I don't think it's really that much of a game changer. Also, there are so few outfits that have the damn ability that it's hard to be fresh looking.

the stealth works, but it doesn't work on walls or on ramps like in splatoon 1. In fact, it's a little better than in Splatoon 1 where if you moved slowly there weren't any ripples, but that happens in Splatoon2, making Ninja Squid more useful in Splatoon 2.

Still, you make TINY ripples when you use Ninja Squid, but you probably won't notice them in a firefight. Thing is, if somebody sees you going into ink they'll probably be able to guess which direction you'll head towards, and ink that area in hopes of exposing you somehow. The biggest issue is when there's a few drops of enemy ink in your friendly ink, and when you try to swim through, then you make little splashes or even breach, exposing your position.

The thing that kills me about Ninja Squid is that it's so slow. I'm not sure if the trade off is worth it. I gotta equip Swim Speed Up to negate the speed penalty, and need Ink Resistance Up as my last main, just to get by. Not really sure if the payoff is worth it. In the end using the inkbrush means ambushing your enemy if you want to make any kills, Ninja Squid only helps a little in that regard.

When I use inkbrush I find that it's more useful to have sub weapons and specials to kill rather than relying on the brush. Octobrush has some melee power and chicken bomb has it's uses, but the range game discourages cheese ambush tactics lately.

Also people are blind-firing popular hiding spots in ranked from my knowledge to discourage campers. Not alot of people look at the map which can be a good or a bad thing depending on the team. If you've been relying on hiding in ambush spots then mayhaps it's time to change tactics.

My best splats with brushes is to set up ambush points hoping my team is smart enough to use them. As for what those points are I keep them a secret to myself. That and I can't really find a way to explain more than try it out yourself.

i cant get over pearls huge creepy forehead

I can't get over your terrible taste

>mfw consistently getting 2k with the Splat Roller in Turf War
Splat Rollentina is white.

Enjoy your crutch

…. why the fuck won't people use their specials?

The "I shouldn't use it yet, I might need it later" mentality is a bitch.

I then realized I was stomping a literal child, and it kind of warmed my heart how cute that was. Sometimes I feel like a piece of shit for destroying particularly bad players in this game. I decided to add them to my friends list. I'm glad they took it in good stride. Fight on, you shitty goo tuber user.

my matches always go

I never understand how this happens.

Children. Legitimate children. I never saw it in Splatoon 1, but for some reason Splatoon 2 attracts the age rage that Nintendo of America is trying to market to this time around. I'm the same way. Most matches seem to be 3 of their team against me, and I have no idea where the team is. Then, I realize the exact opposite is happening on the other side of the map. I've never saw this many one side matches in Splatoon 1. It's baffling.

Neither did I, and here I was thinking perhaps I just got lucky with the teams I ended up on in the first game. It's a real shame because most turf war matches are a complete gamble on if you win or lose due to this. They're going to need a ranked version of the mode for it to be any real fun.

… then again, Nintendo's version of ranking is pretty shitty.

What did she mean by this?

The treehouse is trying to keep her closer to her Japanese counterpart without fully committing after getting backlash from reddit over the localization.

Treehouse fuckery asside I was thinking about Marina reacting to wasabi like that as a nod to Octavio. Marina has to know Octavio exists. Whether she thinks he's good or evil is up to the next game's story.

i feel like marina is more important than has really been revealed so far. in that sunken scroll image you can see her wearing some very unique looking armor.
i hope the next game is a spin off so they dont overdo this formula and have more room to expand on the universe.

niggers are gross and splatoon is gay. congrats on being a gross gay nigger lover.

Important or not Marina is great rule34 bait.

Possibly okay with spanking, hair-pulling, and anal.
>Possibly bi-curious while growing up meaning Marina can love other girls.

…And the rest writes itself.

Also it wouldn't surptise me if Marina is the Octo-Princess or was Octavio's apprentice.

How long have Ive been gone

Wew lad I may be drunkf off my ass, b ut I;'m listening to Splatoon Mucsic and wew almighty, Splatoon 1 has a mch beettter ost. It's making me fucking nostalic man, the maps werwe better, the squid sisters were better. All I;m saing iis splatoon 3 b etter have Callie and MARE AND BETTER FYUCJUBG HAVE SOME HEART AND SOUL PUT INTO THE FUCKING GASME MAN I FUCKING SWEAR.

I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of Splatoon 2's soundtrack is just remix of tracks from Splatoon 1, and I'm not a particular fan. I also miss Arowana Mall and inkstrike.

after they de"localized" her personality, marina has realized her potential as a goddess of femininity. i just want to say that design wise shes pretty much perfect with perhaps her only flaw being that her complexion would in my opinion be cuter if it were a little lighter but thats such a minor thing.
the majority of the time i dont know whether or not to save marinas in the lewd folder. her outfit is standing right on the razors edge of shameless but due to her demeanor and earnest interactions with a loli she still maintains an aura of decency.

im going to guess that dj's are the octarian equivalent of nobility. then i can believe that the off the hook idols are 2 princesses.

splatoon 1 had more soul primarily because it was breaking new ground. but i wouldnt say theres nothing put in to 2. it feels like most of the things they did, they did right. its just that they didnt do enough and you can probably feel the creative minds behind this wanted to take it further but it surprised the high up execs who wanted to get another game out to sell the switch, splatoon fell right in to their lap and is their savior, i hope they realize that and decide to respect it more from now on.

the squid sisters are a gift from heaven, but off the hook has no problem holding the fort in their absence. the only problem in that regard is how callie and marie werent really shown the love they received in the first game. it would really make my day if they expanded upon the singleplayer but i wouldnt bet on it.
i was thrilled with additional songs for splatfests, ink me up is an amazing song but some variety would have been nice too. meanwhile there are no bad off the hook songs and they do a great job of setting the mood for the splatfest battles. this is definitely one of the areas soul went in to. off the hook has grown on me to the point where id be pretty devastated if they were treated as coldly as the squid sisters were. they deserve your love too.

theres so choke point heavy maps from the first game that i just dont miss. i dont really feel that way about any of splatoon 2s maps, and even the maps that were brought back usually have some key differences that bring that flanking philosophy back to the old maps. if i could only pick one map from the first game i would take blackbelly skatepark in an instant. i always felt like that was the "main" map of splatoon, but with urchin underpass represented in mario kart maybe thats the one they have in mind for that position.
i suppose the specials in the first game were more suited to dealing with choke points. i actually feel pretty good about seeing this kind of variance between the games.

Did nobody want to talk about the NA splatfest topic, by the way? It's way better than the EU one.

>no superior 'Frankenstein's monster' option

i dont see the problem

Fuck, didn't even consider that.

How about neither?

This has to be sponsored by World of Darkness. At least we get to see smugpire Pearl and Marina's Liru cosplay.

and i wasnt even considering pearl and marinas cosplay

you are a goddamn genius

Ehhhhhh, vampires are literal Jews so I'm conflicted. Leaning towards Wolfman.

you mean theyre accountants?

I ought to start a more serious alt Nintendo Network account while it's free for Splatoon. Ended up getting lazy and not going straight into ranked and sticking with it at level 10 onward. I'm confident to make it to S-. It's just that my Nintendo Switch time is very restricted due to work.

Also the Bamboozler is sex. Full charge deals 80 damage, but the next shot half charged or contact with curling bomb will splat opponents. I can see why inklings grind their spats all over this weapon.

I want to bring back Walleye Warehouse but this time with boost pads and sponges. Full sponge will either cockblock inklings using boost pads for short cuts or help those hide with the same color. Also we need to see grind rails in Blackbelly Skatepark because dude skateboarding and grind rails.

Haven't played in months. Is the inkbrush still bad?

Haven't played in months. Is the inkbrush still bad?

nonfundo

test

The EU splatfest is so weird and stupid that I kind of like it. It's like they were sick of trying to make splatfests that would be even and just made the most one-sided thing they could possibly think of. I'm up to Champion and haven't fought a SINGLE behind team.

Hopefully behind doesn't clutch it out through sheer autism, I want to see Marina get BTFO for hanging up her toilet paper the wrong way round.

Good to see Splatoon 2 continue the tradition of giving the worst Splatfests to Europe and the better ones to America.

absolutely disgusting

I just want to be a cowsquid.

Can the six shooters be dualies? I want to dual weild nickle plated 45 magnums.

Splatfest EU results are in. A victory for basic decency.

I can't believe there were any savages out there at all who would support the backroll degeneracy.

They're thinking with their misguided dicks.

This was almost as unbalanced as Barbarians vs. Ninjas in terms of same-side games.
I saw six Back Roll teams (at most) on the way to the maximum rank.

Plebeians.

Why does the wolf look like a strawberry?

the white chick looks like she has cum on her forehead

To try and spite overbearing faggots like you?

its more likely to be mayonnaise

Does Marina use Pearl's fivehead as a boob rest sometimes?

I hope that I get to participate in a Splatfest even more lopsided than Barbarians vs Ninjas. I want to see 81-19. I need to see that sub-20% vote, that delicious 4+:1 player ratio. I crave it.

OI

I have a concerning question. I have three other local friends who have Splatoon 2, and we routinely do turf war and salmon run together. It's a load of fun. Is it possible to do matchmaking with friends for splatfest, or are we totally and utterly fucked?

ghey

Yes. You can team up with your ninfriendos online and go into the Splatfest equivalent of League, fighting against other teams of friends. That's what the "team" category is in the Splatfest results. You'll be contributing to a category many players don't participate in.
Only works if youre on the same Splatfest team, though. So you can't have a Werewolf join you if youre on Vampire, or vice versa.

yes, thats what the team % category is for, retardo

Mother fuckers are making a mockery of my old main by taking away the fun parts. Echo and Disruptor combo is the most fun I've ever had on a Wii U.

Version 1.4.0 Patch Notes: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27028/~/how-to-update-splatoon-2

>Bugfix: Slosher in Salmon Run can now revive dead team-mates at point-blank range, as intended
>Bugfix: Ink Resistance would stop working when using certain weapon types, if you were moving while shooting / throwing a bomb, unless you stacked the ability on all of your gear
>Bugfix: Holding a charge shot in squid form, then touching enemy ink, would unintentionally cancel out your charge
>Bubbles from the Bubble Blower special that pop after the match ends will not ink any terrain anymore

How can I produce ink when I'm dehydrated from all the tears?

by weapon sway are they referring to some kind of inaccuracy modifier when moving, or just the cone of fire in general? the idea of the splattershot pro having a faster and more accurate shot is pretty goddamn sexy.

Can you form a team of less than 4 players and have a rando join up like in Salmon Run? We have a friend who has to leave early.

You can think about cuntboys :3

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/916484225783566336
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/918039051436924928

Why fucking live

WOOMY SWAG

WOOMY SWAG
SATAN AVERTED

WOOMY SWAG

I don't like the bell hats

Wew, I just remembered my op, what a night that was.

Agreed. First time I played it immediately thought this game is just a remix of the first. I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's pretty good it's just not a worthy sequel, 30 hours in and I'm sick of it. Grizzco's cool but everything else is meh. Also miss inkstrike, the bazooka, Arowana Mall and ALL THE MAPS.

Said it better than I could.
You make a good point, Offf the Hook legitimately forgot their names for a second, no bs the splatfest music is bretty gud and they grew on me but I was disheartened to see a nigger and a spider on my screen when I first saw them, FUCKING Pearls forehead took up the whole screen, but I've grown to like them.
All in all, they're not the worst thing and this game isn't the worst it's just not a true sequel I'd say. They make for a good stand in until they bring back Callie and Marie in 3.

Was in a bit of a rush typing that.
I really hope for the best with the third game, I really hope Callie and Marie come back and they put their heart and soul into the whole game, the first game was not a fluke, they have the talent to make the third one thee best yet.

well i guess thats a fitting first impression given their halloween splatfest teams.

splatoon is really something special and if the team behind it is given freedom and time im sure they will conjure up something thatll blow my socks off because they clearly have a lot of love to give.
i guess it really up to nintendo not taking themselves so seriously as a company, trying to make a big show for shareholders and whatever other merchantry thats beyond my comprehension. will the success of the switch cause them to relax a little, or have they just gotten a taste for blood so to speak? or perhaps the splatoon team has earned their respect and will be given the leeway they earned after having such a huge hand in selling their system like hotcakes.

On a note for Pearl Marina, their lack of appeal comes from the fact that they have very little story from sunken scrolls and other sources. Squid Sisters feel like they are apart if the world because of their involvement in single player. Pearl Marina don't have those interactions, least not without a single player expansion. As for Callie and Marie returning to TV in Splatoon 3 I doubt it. Inkopolis Square is New York City. If anything we'll probably get Splatoon 3's in a new plaza probably based on an Europa city like Paris or Italy. I'd go for Italy because I want to see a Latin pop duet (which was HUGE in the 90's) and Roman/Greek landmarks as arenas. And I pray that the new group does end up having more involved lore with the Squid Sisters as competing rivals.

Also if we have a single player expansion I hope it'd focus on Pearl and Marina a little, or how Marina is related to the Octarians and Pearl finding out about it. Also how crazy would it be at the end to have Off the Hook feat in Calamari Inkantation?

I think we'll see a spin-off with Splatoon's engine before we see 3. Which I say would be a good thing because 3 is going to need more than a few years to develop. One reason I think why the devs didn't change much is that Splatoon 2 ended up being most people's first Splatoon. Not alot of people owned a Wii U. So it makes sense to keep it close to the original.

HOWEVER

THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE TO UNLOCK UNLIMITED/FREE PLAY BEHIND OFFLINE LAN ONLY. THE SHOAL NEEDS TO BE OPEN UP TO ONLINE PRIVATE MATCHES AND SALMON RUN. NOT BEING ALLOWED TO PLAY SALMON RUN IN PRIVATE ONLINE GAMES THAT DON'T REWARD FOR PRACTICE IS HORSESHIT.

Pretty sure the team is also behind ARMS too. I haven't played ARMS too much because my fucking launch Joycon needs to be fixed (I know I can jump in without motion control, but I want it for parties). If anything Splatoon's IP is ready for a spin-off completely different from the main game. I'm pretty sure that could be where we'll see Octoboys.

im curious as to what the hell the deal is with the salmonids in the sunken scrolls. i feel like a strategy rpg featuring the idols would be a good platform to fight against salmnarok while also showing off squidbeak agent badassery and teamwork.
how cool would it be to raid an octo base with coordination instead of just going guns blazing solo the whole time?
that was one of my favorite parts of the final battle in splatoon 2, there was another participant besides my agent. sure it was purely flavor, but for once it felt like the agents were part of a team.

I'd rather the spin-off be a vehicle crash dirby with octoboss-like contraptions. A mode in that where you fight kaiju sized Salmonids in mecha would be my cup of tea.

That's the shit I'm talking about!

Do you think they will ever add more boss slamonoids?

Booyah

New thread soon

New thread