Unconventional/cheese playstyles

What are some games with unconventional playstyles and tactics? I love hearing about cheese and that sort of shit

John has 4 tapus. Jane has one tapu counter and a smoogen dog. Based on the information above, who is a bigger faggot? Provide the answer in simplified form.

Trick question. John also has a smoogen dog.

FE5 had a ton of this. You can force boss characters to kill their own units.

Now, Xenoblade X has giant robots, and not only that but there's a super weapon for giant robots that IGNORES DAMAGE TYPE RESISTANCE. This is not the most broken thing in the game, although it's probably some of the most broken a big robot can be. Instead, the most broken thing in the game is Ether Blossom Dance on foot. But before we can get into talking about doing damage, we need to talk about avoiding damage. Tanking is okay, and reflecting damage can be pretty good but is kind of limited. You want the art that lets you just completely avoid a couple hits every time you use it. You better be in Overdrive during this to make cooldowns fucking meaningless, and you'd better have some augments that give you TP when you use arts because you're going to need a lot of it to keep up Overdrive and use certain arts. See, there's also arts that use TP, and instead of running of any of the other stats they run off Potential, so you can stack more augments into that and Weapon Power (always a good investment in any game) to make your damage bigger. Blossom Dance is a TP art for the katana, and katanas have access to the most broken buffing art in the game, Offensive Stance. Let me lay out this damage formula for you, mildly simplified.
Damage=(100+0~5%)* [ (Attack*AttackBuffTotal*HitScaling+WeaponAttack*StabilityTotal)*(CooldownBonus)*(AdditiveMultipliers)*(AppendageHardness)*(AttributeResistanceTotal)* (Offensive Stance)]
Now, if this were just a couple extra percent this wouldn't be too bad, but it's like a 200% increase at least. The downside is you take tons more damage. Or you would if you didn't just activate an art that lets you COMPLETELY AVOID A COUPLE ATTACKS. Add on to that that there's a skill that boosts Ether type damage while no other elemental type gets a similar boost from a skill and you've got a recipe for massive damage. Of course nobody here knows this because y'all cowards don't even pirate Wii U games.

When I play AoE2 I almost never build castles. Instead I spend my stone autistically covering the whole map in outposts. You don't need to research spies when you can already see everything on the map, and you don't need castles when you can just react to the enemy's moves the second he leaves his base gates. Either they attack my outposts and waste a ton of time because they're everywhere and constantly being re-built by 4-5 dedicated villagers, or they ignore my outposts and allow me to see everything all the time.

I also villager rushed somebody once. Descended upon his base with like 20 villagers in the fucking dark age. Most people don't expect how much damage villagers do to buildings.

In bravely default, so long as you don't mind waiting a long time, you can set the game to auto (last action redone every turn) and beat a few bosses and many minibosses with a single ninja with Utsusemi.

Utsusemi allows the Ninja to dodge a single attack, gauranteed. It's applied like a buff and spent when the attack is evaded, and I'm pretty sure it only works on things that CAN be evaded. Thing is, that list is rather long. All of the dragon minibosses for getting into the vampire manor, for example, use attacks like this.

The Ninja also has an ability, Transience, which is a passive ability to counter on evade. Utsusemi evasion counts. You can see where I'm going with this, and it's pretty silly in action.

As someone who played BD, it does kind of work but only against single opponents who, as you said, use attacks that count. When you're in the best battles of the game against multiple asterisk bosses at once, that kind of falls apart.

However, you reminded me of something from the sort-of prequel to BD, Four Heroes of Light. See, the game has a lot of weird classes and the Merchant class is the best one on the whole game. The only way you can get gems, which are needed to upgrade your classes, is either by winning battles, which will fuck you over because the second half of the game uses level scaling for some retarded reason, or using the Merchant's two "get a gem" skills. Now, you could also sell them gems or abuse a money making minigame to get maximum money, then use the skill that lets you use a percent of your money as damage, which can even break the level cap and destroy the bonus bosses in one hit. They didn't think that through did they?

Can't you get a Sapper upgrade that makes it even better?

The skeletons would get their asses kicked in that fight unless the necro dude had a massive attack and defense advantage over the other guy. Or really super powerful magic.

Yeah the sapper upgrade is fucking ridiculous, but even without it they have such a high attack speed and solid damage vs. buildings that they can just wreck shit when you have enough of them bunched in there. Towers and barracks get trashed.

Scarfed gengar would fuck up all 4 tapus.

I have done this with towers. Take a shitload of villagers and go to resources near the enemy and build a forest of towers. Enemy wastes time attacking 1 tower while getting raped, they also send villagers to get the resources so all their units get killed.

Sengoku Rance has an event you can activate where the Demon King becomes an enemy faction. Their units are roughly 2-4 times stronger than yours and the Demon King themself can appear as an enemy unit that is essentially unkillable and can wipe your team in a single move.

You are not intended to be able to win this. It is effectively a non-standard game over.

However, there is a way to beat this with extreme cheese. There are certain items you can give to your own powerful units that allow them to capture enemy territories automatically, except for strongholds (the final battle in each territory).
The strategy is to constantly save and reload so you're capturing the specific territories you need to get to the main enemy. Then you will constantly save and reload so the stronghold battle is winnable. Then you will constantly save and reload because defending against the Demon King is near-impossible so you just have to let them take useless territories from you.

With good luck and constant save manipulation, you can eventually win against this designed-to-be-impossible encounter. If you do, the Demon King cries and calls you a cheater and blows up the world so you get a Game Over anyways.

I'm really bad at RTS games but I liked Age of Empires III enough that I put some time into it. I discovered there's a serious bug with the AI in the release version - they never try to find you if you're separated from them by water. Even if it's a short distance they won't put dudes in ships to investigate the other landmass.

There was a map archetype which had a large mainland and a small island just off the shore. The island was usually big enough to only have a few buildings.

So I cheesed the game by migrating my base over to the island shortly after building a dock and a transport ship, and then filling up the island as efficiently as possible with Plantations and stuff (slow infinite resource generators) so I could just slowly build up ridiculous armies. I would have my explorer wander around on the mainland to get stuff but otherwise I just built a tiny compact base to generate shitloads of resources. Then I would build about 50 Ribaulds (a series of small cannons mounted in a line, good for taking out infantry) and wipe the map clean of enemies.

So I guess that's my cheese story. I did this a dozen or more times, even though I was able to beat the AI at the normal difficulty level using normal playstyles.

Dunno if to call it cheesing, but I got a laugh from Big Pharma in Bravely Default.

I should really get back into Age of Empires 3. I wasn't a huge fan of it back in the day, but I wasn't the keenest RTS player either. Not that I am now.

Also, I remember something that cracked me up.
I got Hybrid Heaven for N64 back then, and I wasn't very familiar with RPGs. You could add points to your fists and legs when you leveled up, but being a dumb kid, I kept leveling up my right leg. So up until I returned the game, his right leg was like a nuclear bomb to enemies, while he had pansy punches and left kicks. I could imagine the guy having a swole right leg and anything else.

I think that legs were considered a solid high damage option in that game. I got to the last chain of bosses but couldn't win because I wasn't tanky enough.

I wish more games had that fun cozy 90s aesthetic

< game tells you to go fuck yourself and gives you a game over
super gay

for my addition, there are still undocumented or very poorly documented mechanics for dark souls 1 despite being played to death for years, and they are even useful to some degree

Terraria

Bravely Second:

thats not how your supposed to beat him?

you can beat moon lord this way, but it's cheesing right?

It's not completely dead, but I miss rusty, clunky sci-fi aesthetics, or with a lot of metal tubes and valves. Fuck modern over sleekness, it looks so lifeless and sterile, it feels like they were designed by fucking Apple.

Doing this before killing the wall of flesh made the game too easy once you got that strong axe.

I love Elona when it comes to that aspect.

Oh god that's hilarious, I really ought to play this some time

It's also the tighest shit how your combat rolls end up rolling out of the combat screen.
Oh and enjoy leveling up all combat skills at crazy fast speeds because you're attacking 8+ times every turn.

Some other bullshit you can pull in this:

Obvious one is the Uruza/Kenshin combo. First have a move that reduces every enemies action points by one, second reduces every enemies action points by one just by being on the battle field. Any enemy with 2 or less action points can now do fuckall during the fight.

Another involves that sniper chick, she has an attack with a decent chance to instakill but only one action point. Every other instakill move removes all remaining points when used but hers only takes one point. Give her the worker bee item and she can instakill attack 3 times in a fight.

Another involved that gay red demon and the guy with the demon killing katana, normally the demon would challenge and kill one of your commanders unless you did a specific thing but you could stall him forever by sending that one guy. This also leveled the guy up a few times everytime you did it. The guy is one of 2 chars you need to beat the final boss and you can very quickly get him to level 99 that way.

I really outta try out the other Rance games some day. This shit was amazing.

Kichikuou Rance is the most similar Rance game to Sengoku. It's not quite as detailed from a gameplay/strategy perspective, but it's still very fun and very good. I'd recommend that if you don't feel like going for the other Rance games which are mostly more traditional JRPG/Dungeon Crawlers.

do you have any examples for said mechanics

I have a character that relies on armor piercing for damage, you can find some people talking about how much backstabs/ripostes peirce armor but the numbers are vague and the sources anonymous, but even rarer is talking about how much thrusting swords pierce on a normal hit, because they appear to ignore a percentage of armor
also, and this is far better known and well documented then the other ones but not normally used in this way is just how little most armors resist magic damage
these combined means velkas rapier, something most people consider a blatantly bad weapon because of its low AR actually hits well above the numbers you would expect just from looking at it, its still not great damage but its fast and light as well

He most likely does since this looks like a Campaign game.

SFV FANG's poison

You are like baby. I'll do you one better.

-The bloody shield has way more defense than endgame shields and can be bought near the start of the game. The tradeoff is your evasion stat goes right down to zero.
-The knight class has a skill that lets you attack with your defense stat.
-The knight also has a skill to equip two shields.
Combined with performer buffs, +def support skills, and that one -def/+Mdef skill when needed and I was hitting for 9999 and getting hit for 1. Against the baal nemesis bosses.

Mario Strikers Charged competitively speaking is basically just this, finding exploits in the game's physics to make the game unbelievably better.

Oh, also
I legit destroyed people with this tactic, especially funny against Colinfags.