So Hollywood is starting to die with some of the worst stats this year (weakest summer in ages...

So Hollywood is starting to die with some of the worst stats this year (weakest summer in ages, worst labor day weekend for 19 years, general lack of audience interest). Are we starting to see something similar in gayming? Many AAA liek Andromeda or releases associated with AAA like Lawbreakers have flopped this year, the coming months seem to have a really poor slate of games and many of the successful games this year have been from Japan.

Other urls found in this thread:

(((bbc))).com/pidgin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only movies on that list I even recognize are Spiderman: Racemixing, the AIDSmoji Movie and Despicable Meme.

Ahhh!!! You made my day OP.
Fuck. Now I'm motivated to draw more.
This CAN BE THE RESUGERENCE OF SOMETHING GREAT.

THE CROWD WANTS SOMETHING MORE.
THIS IS MY CHANCE, THIS IS /OUR/ CHANCE YOU GUYS.

Would you a Minion?

vidya has pretty much reached hollywood level already. AAA is bloated samey garbage with appeal to the greatest majority, and indies are all socjus pandering movies. The nip vidya scene reflects anime, mostly low effort otaku pandering cash ins but once in a while something good will come out. If movies collapse however, then games are sure to follow.

After everything (((Hollywood))) done and said, I'll not settle for anything less than a literal day of the rope there.

Theres an emoji movie….
Patrick Stewart played the shit emoji?

Is every shit Holla Forums thread going to get reposted here?

you can sense moviegoers feel something's wrong, and i think it's thanks to those video essays on youtube for spelling it out
i still find it funny how hotline miami beat a tripleA game in an awards night
inb4 rigged game awards ceremonies

Nope, Triple A shit may collapse, but there'll always be independent and smaller devs who like making games still.

Well he's shit, so it's fitting.

and when it does it'll take steam and consoles with it. You may have some doujin games and real small indies floating around, but without distribution platforms and new easy to use engines, they'll die too.

The future is bright.

Would I what? I actually like those movies. Anyone can feel free to fight me.

Not if the media dies along with them.

Indeed, no one made indie PC games before Steam was gifted to us by Gay Ben (PBUH). And obviously, it would be a tragedy if indie developers needed to be smart enough to develop without "new easy to use engines".

No faggot, I'm saying the barrier to entry will be much higher, so the sheer quantity will nose dive. Quality will probably go up because only the more dedicated devs will stay, but without an easy way to distribute your product and get revenue for it most will leave.

i haven't watched a new movie in years. half the titles you see on a marque now sound like fake movies you'd see in the background of a tv show

that already happened ten years ago which is why all the AAs disappeared and everything else consolidated. the true focus now is on mobile & esports which are both illusions largely being held up by speculators

i don't think films or vidya will truly crash in the way people think they will, they'll just slowly become chinese

If only there were some public platform that smaller devs could disseminate games news and copies of their games through.

Doesnt surprise me his career went to shit after/during TNG.

That sounds more like an improvement of indie gaming rather than a death.

unless it's shareware that's not gonna work. How are they gonna get you to pay for their game? They won't develop their own DRM that's for sure. So shit like kickstarter and patreon will be grateful, but any dev that doesn't want to rely on donations will have to either make it free or fuck off.

user, you ever visit a really slow board here? The posts are usually quite nice but it's just dead as fuck? It'll be like that. Most games will have a bump in quality but there will be fucking little it will be dead, at least on the surface.

Oy vey

This. There will be no crash until self-publishing becomes harder again.

Yet they still have servers

Which can be financed by paid mods and indieshit

lol no

What does that have to do with anything why is DRM relevant?

Are you implying that a game requires shitty DRM in order to be sold? That if you don't have DRM, you can't sell your game?

Same way literally every other seller of shit on the internet gets you to pay for shit: through their site.
Are you really this fucking dense?

Steam and their ineffectual DRM gets most people to buy, because it is a convenient all in one store and it keeps the lazy people from pirating. If AAA crashes, steam will lose most revenue and normalfags will leave en masse, thus causing them to further lose revenue from loot boxes and skins. This means steam is out of the picture. And once it is most indie devs will have no way to get people to pay for their shit because now without steam DRM the lazy people will either not care enough to find the site and pay, or it will be easy enough to pirate that they will.

Get this hothead outta here.

True. Minus the "and their ineffectual DRM", which I don't understand why you included. Steam gets people to buy on Steam because it's on Steam. That's literally all there is to it, really. They want their games to be on Steam where all their other games are, in the same client they are used to. A lot of Steam's users have the "Why would I buy it if I don't even get it on Steam?" mentality.

HAHAHA, no. Steam can VERY easily survive on the revenue they get from the Steam marketplace. Even JUST the marketplace for Valve's games is enough for them to make a good amount of money. Massive amounts of the Dota, CSGO, and TF2 playerbases have steam installed primarily for those games. This isn't even mentioning the massive indie market which is bigger than AAA. AAA is probably as irrelevant as it has ever been.

I included the DRM part because if it had no DRM at all, then every normalfag would just pirate if they could just have a friend give them the files. And if AAA crashes, what makes you think the steam marketplace would survive? You realize it's the normalfags who buy all that shit right? and without AAA they will leave.

Netflix is also putting a beating on movie theaters. Netflix movies are safer bets for losers like Sandler, who refuse to accept that nobody wants to see them on the screen anymore, and it's also a cheaper route for studios. Sandler will get more money from Netflix than he ever will nowadays. Maybe pissing off people with shit like Fembusters is a bad idea after all.

Stab a minion to death? Yes. Throw a minion to a group of Rapefugees just to see him die? Yea, probably.

How do you go from being a star fleet captian to…a fucking shit emoji?! That really is rock bottom.

If you're known to be a complete cunt like Phil Fish, and you don't have suckers and pawns to sacrifice like Zoey Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian, you're pretty fucked as an Indie developer.

People are waking up to bullshit companies like Capcom, EA, and Bethesda are pulling off with and without the Sjws in the industry. Even Nintendo is slowly losing it's grip despite Nintendrones will defend nostalgia and their shitty games.

Hopoo seem to have been doing pretty well for themselves, as have the folks who made FTL.

Oh yeah, one of the other things I've been trying to push

Since Antifa was declared a domestic terrorist group by the FBI and DHS, I'd like to remind you that games such as Bash the Fash and Assassinate Trump style things are encouraging anti-white violence and quite often the developers are virtue-signalling Twitter cunts that happily support Antifa "in their fight against fascism"

What this means is that a TON of indie meme games with shallow gameplay are likely reportable on Steam to get pulled because now they either encourage or fund terrorism.

Anita and Zoey are not small time suckers, they are masters at giving blowjobs. They are also very well connected, claiming they're small time sacrifices tells me you know fuck all. It is the exact opposite of the situation you've described you piss them off and you're out.

yeah, sure, nobody ever developed computer games before steam existed

What?
Source?

My post directly addressed every point you just tried to make.

2016 was if I remember, an awful year for CoD and lots of other big titles in terms of sales. Reason being was that there was too much lack of consumer confidence. With flops like Titanfall, No Man's Sky, the angry CoD Infinite Warfare hate train, and slumping Assassins Cree sales (thats why there was no new Assassins Creed that year), companies were just doing bad. The market is just kind of tired. They are trying out new things like adding more years of develoment for the upcoming Asassin's Kangz Creed. But the audience is getting tired. AAA games are gonna have to wait for the next generation of casuals to go back to hitting their sales quotas.

good

This doesn't surprise me.

Everything is being shilled and made as a social event so much that quality has degenerated to near zero. Why bother going to see the same mediocre movies just to post about it on social media, when that same social media will give me the tl;dw highlights necessary to keep abreast. People want movies and games to be an escape, a relaxing disconnect, from the annoyances of the real world. Making everything a topical social media tie-in with brain dead snark, is a failing idea. The jews have pumped VERY shallow wells much too hard in the past five years.

no GOOD videogames anyways ,unless you like playing the same ol' shit over and over and never progressing and advancing the medium forward

How old are you?

Gee wizz who could've seen this coming?

your skill level in deduction and detection is uncanny , have a webm for your trouble

Some AAA companies may die, but that's about it. A lot of the shit you liked as a kid was made by a bunch of nobodies, or people that were nobodies at that point. In an era without modern internet they've made themselves known. I'm not a lolbertarian, but in this specific case I think the market will talk, people need their fix, the money and resources will come where they are needed.

What's funny about that pic, is that Gaben said in some interview something along the lines of "Reddit is good at seeing through bullshit, they can pick you apart easily". He got backstabbed by his own words.

I wanna fug Levi

Finally.

Hopefully Best Korea will wipe out Japan from the face of the earth too.

There are other priorities.

You're right, k-pop has to go first.

Maybe they should release good movies instead.

Gaming has been going downhill for over half a decade. Consider this:
This same pattern applies to movies themselves. Studios taking less risks applies to developers and publishers. They milk the most successful formula only to completely devalue it.

The analogy to this would be like how antibiotics if used too widely and improperly will lead to resistance. In this analogy the resistance is the point in which audiences typically swayed by more of the same gradually lose interest and move on or develop taste. Publishers and studios are thus rendering winning formulas impotent and stifling innovation in regards to gameplay & design and to cinematic variety, respectively.

Regardless of any intention to do so or not, this effect is happening right now. Plebs will always be plebs but when plebs are fed the exact same thing repeatedly, fewer and fewer plebs remain devoid of taste. The most ironic part about this is that the shift in demand will go to novelty which is the exact opposite of what publishers and developers wish to happen.

My man, do you have a higher res for this? It's also way better to save text heavy stuff on PNG.

updated 1&2

Good analogy except for that little detail. What happens isn't that the pleb gradually develops taste; what actually happens is that the pleb, being human, gradually builds up enough resistance to dopamine production when engaging in such game due to man's resistance against repetition that he no longer finds joy in that game. Give him something different to play and he'll gladly accept it if it's as relatively entertaining as the game before.
Plebs don't stop having shit taste, they just get tired of tasting the same brand of shit but will gladly eat other brands of shit if they're novel and accessible enough.

My guess is if AAA games really starts to flop hard there are one of two options
My money's on the former

please let this fucking happen, AA games usually have a lot of charm to them, don't focus too hard on graphics which means they'll likely run at 60fps even on shitty consoles, and actually have to efficiently use budget in creative ways.

oh I reckon she inhaled whedon in her time

too bad all the AA just got swallowed up by AAA and I doubt any of the good AA developers are going to back to indie so they go straight to the bosom of AAA so they can get funding for their game; hence continuing the cycle of more shit AAA games.

AA developers were rarely ever independent. They mostly worked on contract kinda like how platinum, a current AA dev, does it.

Why do you assume Steam will die without triple A? Between Valves own IPs, streamerbait and indieshit, they'd still rake in a ton of money.
Not as much, but a lot.
And Jews will always Jew.

Tyler Perry has proven that the nigger market is discount grocery stores and gas stations. And his movies, while shit, actually are anti-degeneracy. All you need to do is make a super low budget movie that looks like a sitcom, release it to home video, and watch as sheboons spend their gibs on Tyler Perry's Fried Chicken Christmas Dinner.

He'd have nothing to give her since he likely already threw money at her.

How long have we been saying this?
Niggers it ain't happening, put your heart to rest

because the movie execs told us their movie flopped! it must mean they lost money and totally isn't just the movie making millions of profit instead of projected billions. don't worry, nintendo will die any day now. ive been saying this since the 80's but it'll happen

There's always Japan.

Normalfags are forever, new ones are born every day.

No I meant if you're not someone like Anita or Zoey who has pawns and idiots they can sacrifice you're fucked as an indie developer.

You also had SFV coming out as a train wreck, and Ono expected people to be okay with Capcom giving them root kits with a straight fucking face. Capcom purposely kept doing one bad decision after another, and people were getting fed up with that shit. Not even their biggest Capcucks like Justin Wong, Filipino Champ, Alex Valle, Maximilian, and Geoff the Sjwcuck can stop the bleeding, and SFV is still a train wreck with a shitty broken Arab chick people realize sucks and a Canadian autistic retard every non-Capcuck hates. Shit, look at MvC:I. It's another potential disaster coming out in like 14-15 days.

Reminder that Sweden needs to get nuked from orbit because it was a shit hole full of assholes before the Rapefugees ruined it.

God bless japan

As long as even a fraction of the Chinese continue to blindly consume the crap Hollywood shits out then they'll have enough money to coast on for a long, long time.

Chinese economic collapse when?

I wish this guy were still making videos.

It's also coming to the PC but Bamco botches their ports all the time and adds denuvo despite it constantly getting cracked

What's that show?

It's called anime, dad.

Only thing keeping china afloat is tricking niggers in Africa into enslaving themselves.

Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san.

I can only hope.

You forgot dumb whites moving all their factories to China, because m-m-muh 5000% markup on iphones and forgetting that according to Chinese communist intellectual property laws every thing brought to and better yet built by chinese, becomes chinese retroactively.

No, what's keeping China afloat is the sheer amount of US treasury bonds that it owns. They also keep production costs artificially low by sacrificing the quality of life for its citizens. What they're doing in Africa is trying to economically tie the continent to China by offering to fund infrastructure projects in exchange for property and resources. They're also teaching Africans Mandarin in an effort to culturally blend Africans and Chinese.

Really I have no idea how Hollywood survived this long. They're so creatively bankrupt they've made at least four productions about a love triangle before Pearl Harbor.

Not when the Chinks take the lion's share of any profits made there.

Does that mean niggers might resemble humans?!

Love can bloom on the battlefield.

(checked, impressive)
>After everything (((Hollywood))) done and said, I'll not settle for anything less than a literal day of the rope there.
Absolutely.
KILL PEDOWOOD, GAS THE KIKES

It means they'll become insects instead of monkeys.

What about Spider Monkeys?

I just hope everything collapses. Movie Industry, Vidya Industry, Industry Industry, the Universe. Fuck it all.
Reality had its time, and it was mediocre at best.

The chinks are colonizing africa? That's fantastic. Can't wait for the burger economy to finally collapse.

This is true. Tyler Perry movies are the only place in the media you can see a positive portrayal of Christianity.

It's not going so well.

The result will just mean more power for the indie crew. We can't win this because there's AAA, the indie crew and everybody else is just sort of scattered around. 1 of the two big groups wins

(((bbc))).com/pidgin