Fighting Game General: Fuck ups Edition

A steam release for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has been announced. There's cross buy for Xbone and Windows 10 owners.
Patch 3.9 announced. Development team is not planning another one anytime soon: youtube.com/watch?v=Bm724pTryi0

Jubei is out on consoles along with CF2.0 balance update. Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview

Tekken Bowl and costumes are out: youtube.com/watch?v=4m97Hm6Dmbc
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU

Menat was released.
Leaked Arcade mode confirmed by X-Kira: neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?15817-&p=293083&viewfull=1#post293083
Also, changes to the V-System: neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?15817-Street-Fighter-V-(PS4-PC)/page614&p=294058#post294058

#16, #18(with #17), Krillin, Piccolo, Goku SSJGSSJ and Vegeta SSJGSSJ were revealed at Gamescon: youtube.com/watch?v=m-3oNm_O1Rc youtube.com/watch?v=mcXF-Ltv2D8
PS4 Beta Sign ups: bandainamcoent.com/news/dragon-ball-fighterz-closed-beta-application Xbox One users only needs to have Xbox Insider Hub on their consoles.

Black Manta, Hellboy and Raiden revealed for the second Fighter Pack DLC characters: youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9GCcS755Q

Next free DLC character, Lola Pop trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=pmxLXpFmByI

Firebrand and Ghost Rider confirmed to be the last characters at release. Latest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=8x5p4cLXukg
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, Black Panther, 4 other DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.

Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd. Newest trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=pkMNgoUnLSM

Allen Snider confirmed as a new playable character: youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wqV4_nhg

Kickstarter for Arcana Heart 3: Six Stars!!!!!! reached U$324,639. New character Shark Girl with Parecelsia arcana will come for this version along with a balance patch. kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Cross over tag battle announced game with Persona4, UNIEL and RWBY: youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=mU7jOgZFTjM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
youtube.com/watch?v=_1qKSItMgkw
youtube.com/watch?v=_x-UKKmIWmM
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VyCh805A7Nw
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/OWc1Z
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6xwi7k/cammymenat_swap/
clips.twitch.tv/EnthusiasticElegantKaleDoubleRainbow
archive.is/9pX7W
forums.ultra-combo.com/t/ki-steam-cross-play-testing/22204
eventhubs.com/guides/2009/may/04/shortcut-motions-shoryukens-dragon-punches-street-fighter-4/
eventhubs.com/guides/2010/jan/11/understanding-input-leniency-street-fighter-4/
youtube.com/watch?v=mGj8lPwOeKg
twitter.com/ATRyoSakazaki/status/905841114313367552
youtube.com/user/ederondotcom/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Samurai Shodow V Special Uncessored will be released for Vita and PS4: youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=_1qKSItMgkw
Cerebrawl v0.6.6 gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=_x-UKKmIWmM
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html new char: youtube.com/watch?v=VyCh805A7Nw
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
>Previous thread: archive.is/OWc1Z

And post your mains!

And we're back to our normal schedule

So it's not just a problem with Abigail: her air counters flat out suck. So much for Menat being good out of fap material.

That video was worth watching. got a couple chuckles out of me

Holy hell that was pure suffering. Not to mention the buttons were sensitive as fuck and grazing them basically counted as touching them. To those that made the transition to stick, how long did it take?

The hitbox on that ball in general is abysmal, holy shit.

So they pretty much released a broken, shitty character hoping the mummy fap material would make no one notice how horrible Menat really is. Capcom and Ono are getting sneakier with this shit.

how has tekken's netcode been for you guys since the patch? my matches keeping starting completely fine but then start stuttering & become unplayable after about a minute

hitboxes have been a problem with practically every dlc character

muh mains

Rest in RIP.

Ono learned nothing from Ultra (Only Poison and Rolento were playable, but they were still bad until Ono patched Ultra. Hugo was damn near unplayable on release)!

Why did this game never get a console port? Did Arika not have the budget for one?

Juri 2: Bottom Tier Boogaloo

They made some good fapbait which is a triumph for a otherwise embarrassingly bad batch of characters.

I'll get my crystal ball fix when SamShoVS is out.

All of the SFV Donut Steel OC characters are shit and anyone who falls for this falls the same blockstring mixups every time.

Arika 100% owns Fighting Layer despite Namco publishing the original arcade version; so if they ever did a modern port of it Bamco wouldn't be able to do anything to it unless they published the new port.
Arika didn't have the money to do it personally and Namco didn't want the game to compete against the home release of Soulcalibur.

Only thing she is good for is lewds.

Dude why are you posting this kind of shit here like if anyone gives a fuck?
This is redditchan lol, nobody actually understands or play fighting games here, all your babble just flew all over everybody's heads lel, all we do is fap to lewds, complain when there isn't enough lewds and complain about anything and everything just for the sake of complaining. I think you are lost.

Those buttons are likely Sanwa, they're really sensitive and that's not a bad thing: use those characteristics to your advantage, sensitive buttons mean you can quickly press them without much strength and they'll respond - rest your palm on the stick and keep your finger tips light but firm on touch.
It didn't took me long to adapt to stick. In the beginning it did felt like I was playing worse, because… well, I was, it felt like I was relearning like to play video games all again because I had to acquire a new set of muscle memory.
What I did is to go to training mode and mess with directions, jumps and diagonals until I got a feel for the throw distance and when the stick engages (i.e. you hear the click from the microswitches).
Then moved into dash/backdash motions and special-move/super motions motions on both sides of the screen. Based on how easy I felt to do these motions, I picked the most comfortable way for me to hold the stick.
Once I got it consistently on like at least five times consecutively on both P1 and P2 sides I moved into basic 2~5 hit combos.
The whole process took me a weekend, and then a week playing about two hours every day (30 minutes of training mode, 90 of CPU/Arcade/Online) for a week for it to stop feeling awkward. From that point onward it was back to the grinding, playing more to build muscle memory and regain consistency - and two months later I was used to it: movement just felt natural, doing a quarter circle just became a wrist flick that I didn't have to think much about. And that greatly improved my playing experience.
That said, I transitioned because playing on pad for me was physically painful so whatever difficulties I went through were irrelevant in the big scheme of things because of the simple fact that I didn't feel wrist pain, thumb pain due to my bony fingers pressing the flesh against the d-pad and finger cramps from clawing-gripping my pad anymore.

In other words: the character is only good for rule 34.

trying too hard mate

Unfortunately no details have been announced besides about the Steam port at all. The only thing we know is that if you have DE then you'll get the S3.5 characters for free. Literally nothing else has been said besides this on the forums:

Zappa textures?

The first two are for Potemkin and Faust. I think the third is I-No but I can't be sure.

The third one is for Ram. They're the textures found on the character's clothing.

This is really sad to read, yet I have no pity for anyone involved with this piece of Sjw-shit game. Don't they still need to complete the Ultras for the other characters?! Keits and Geoff the Sjwcuck Hero can go fuck themselves for this shit game.

reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6xwi7k/cammymenat_swap/

This could be farfetched, but there's something fishy about this swap. (As in the Cammy swap with Menat could mean Menat is literally the same Cammy model, but with smaller tits for Menat, since the swap doesn't look like shit at all). If Ono literally just took Cammy's model for Menat, then holy shit he hit an all new low.

>Kappa poster asks for more

You're surprised that modern capcom are being lazy and shit?

Posting KoF94RB again just to continue my argument from before, hitting the opponent on these old games near the 90's feels like you are really hitting them, lately every attack feels like "weak, weaker, weakest" instead of "weak, medium, strong" overall.

why work on a remak of 94?
I do agree. SNK has a great hit noises and really good echo hits after finishers.
I would say smash 64 has better hit sound effects.

Well, I actually like KoF95 a lot more in terms of how the combat feels, but 94 is quite great, as for why the remake, I recently installed PCSX2.

Something that 94 - 96 had was uninterrupted flow of combat during DMs (96 was the beginning of weakening the combat though), sometimes I think it would be better if games kept the wind-up for DMs and Super Moves while having certain attacks and combos to generate enough hit stun to chain them.

Keits and Geoff are gigantic fucking faggots but the game is still really solid and deep. Kim Wu is an utter travesty of a character and I wish she was never added but the new characters like Aganos, Kan-Ra, and Hisako are really dope. It'd be nice if there were Ultimates for everyone but goddamn a few of the ones that are already out are terrible like TJ's and Mira's.

I just think KI does what SFV wanted to do but better overall 3 years prior to SFV's release.

I actually got a stick to play Rachel in BB since having wind on a shoulder button felt weird and having it on X was just impossible to use. Transitioned pretty easily, just had to sit in training mode practicing iad back and forth and just getting used to movement and motions.

That aside; I feel that the Art of Fighting series has the best sound effects and feel for it's attacks.

I dunno, I don't mind hitting my buttons a little hard but to be fair I wasn't used to it and hovered too close to them I guess. I don't own a stick myself or else I'd honestly attempt to get used to one but it's far too expensive to invest in what's essentially a pretty box.

How long have you been playing her and did CF2 do her justice?

The game is solid because the guys at Double-Helix fucking loved KI and wanted to do their best with the IP - which they did considering the base product is actually good compared to their previous output which is utter shit. It was so good that their studio got bought by Amazon.
Even though I despise pretty much everything about the fucking game due to the its pointless over-the-top edginess have to admit that what they did was solid work.
Come Keits and Iron Galaxy and shit all over the game with awful lack of quality content, quality control and overall laziness. Season 3 is uninspired garbage - you can see by comparing the new UI to the one the game released with.
IG, Keits and Geoff are only good for making ports of old console releases and even then they fuck up by adding awful remixed music, poorly redrawn character art and no PC port - the only points they get is for adding GGPO.

Menat doesn't know how to fucking wipe her ass, that's fucking disgusting man. She's without a doubt cute, and got a nice bod, but that hygiene is disgusting.

Don't wanna get whatever the fuck she'll do to your dick.

WHY?!

clips.twitch.tv/EnthusiasticElegantKaleDoubleRainbow

I am sutprised really. The XBONE runing Ultra SFIV is surprisingly good. But for some reason, DOA4, a 360 exclusive, didn't received backward compatibility.

Are you ready?

Is it weird that the Cammy model swaps are turning me on more than regular Menat?

I goofed around with her in CT and CS when I was a total beginner button masher but only started getting good in CP. CF she's amazing. Her corner pressure and damage is through the roof meterless and with only 50 meter plus you get solid oki afterwards. If you counter hit someone in the corner as Rachel you opponent just straight up dies. I miss Pumpkin since they replaced 214V with ivy blossom but lotuses basically fill the same role.

214B*

I reckon it should take about a month to get used to it, depending on how much you practice. You want to practice motions first and then combos that are pretty execution heavy, then top it off by getting a buddy to practice with you, or to be more exact tell him to play really aggressively while you try to do those execution heavy combos. After that you can practice by having both of you playing as you normally would. It's one thing to do a combo in a very controlled environment like practice mode, it's very much different when there's actual flesh and blood controlling the other character. Boards don't hit back.

Did anyone else enjoy the Gundam Versus beta?

I kinda liked it, just don't feel like there's too much to aim for outside of ranked play. Wish we could have gotten a taste of getting levels for your suits and unlocking stuff.

What's special about V Special? I heard that the remakes/ports of it had story mode cut, but VI is like a dream match game.

No, this is actually normal. They're not using the same model, but all the girls must have extremely similar rigs (animation skeletons) which is why the Menat dance animations work so well.

All the characters need similar rigs anyways for the same super/throw animations to work on them, so this is par for the course as fighting games with 3D graphics are concerned.

Hopefully Chun looks just as good with this.

Playing against people with a stick wasn't horrible but I think a month or two would be enough to get used to it although I don't think I can ever not use pad.

I've missed out on so much of her bullshit. Trying to settle on a main and sub again before I start asking for games.

Never too late to go to pad, personally I alternate between stick and pad depending on which game I play and/or which character I main.

Agreed. Personally I prefer pad most of the dame, but say I'm playing Vega in SFIV? Yeah that shit calls for a stick in my opinion.

White menat best menat

Which is your fav team game? After KOF and VS, I can't return to ONE character only…

KoF is pretty much the team game to rule them all if you ask me, and I am not saying it because I am Mexican (I am a total scrub at playing KoF), when they went "tag" it sucked, but when it goes for eliminations is pretty much the best.

Better balanced, new mechanics (Overdrive Kill, it's like BB's Astral Heat; and a charge move that breaks guard), improved graphics and sound, more returning characters, new death animations and death animations returning from SSIV - which caused SNKP to censor the game shortly after the release since the Sasebo Slasher happened not long after and caused Japan to have a small panic over violent form of entertainment.

I like the tagging mechanic sometimes; makes it more like a team.

The problem is how most tag team games are too "flashy and over-the-top" like MvC, you know, giant lasers and all.

I suppose but I like that kind of thing…

I don't, it boils down to god tiers and infinites more often.

Post more Menat
It's for research purposes

KoF has the pacing I prefer for team battles; on tagging to help you out, no autistically long combos tagging in and no bullshit comeback mechanics like x-factor. I hope if there is a Virtua Fighter 6 that they bring back Virtua Fighter 3's Team Battle mode because that was basically KoF Mode.
But I don't hate games with tagging; Tatsunoko vs Capcom is my favorite game with conventional tagging. But Kizuna Encounter has my favorite tag system over all since you're limited when you can do it and you can somewhat control your opponent's ability to tag.

Look, I know Samurai Shodown is probably the next project and might as well be announced at TGS but let's be real. They're just selling copies that tanked at the time.

But goddamn Enta-chan is really cute. But I sort of miss G-Mantle.

I still think XI did tag "right" but still could use a lot of improvements but they backed down in XII/XIII for a more "classic" style. I wish a "KOFXI UM" was ever made with every character from the saga you just need to make Raiden and then headswaps Joe and Ash with better neutral like in 2002 but with a refined tag mechanic.

Fucking based.

There's Groove on Fight too, which is not nearly as crazy as VS games or as broken as KoF tagging. Too bad it's Saturn only.

You can also do team battles in Soul Calibur, 8v8 is a little crazy.

Tekken also allowed 8v8 ever since the first game but for some reason they couldn't code it into Tekken 7.

So when is Kinnikuman Suguru gonna be a guest fighter in one of these games?

I never played any of the soulcalibur games, which one is a good jumping in point and which ones should I avoid?

Start with Soul edge on PS1, then chose 2, enjoy 3, 4 is purty fun, V is an incomplete piece of dog trash

The first three games (meaning Soul Edge and SC1 and 2) are worth playing, 3 is okay in singleplayer but broken in multiplayer, 4 is fucking shit, 5 got back on the right track when it comes to some gameplay stuff, but it's still worse than 3.

For story and single player, start with the first one (Soul Edge/Blade) and stop in Soul Calibur III Chronicles of the Sword is awesome unless you like assholes protags with incestuous vibes.

As game, I would say to just play II and V depending if you like more defensive style(II) or more agressive with cinematic stuff(V).

Post more good fighting game intros.

KoF. Honorable mentions to Project Justice and Soulcalibur 1.

Having only played 2, 3, and 4 since none of my friends wanted to play on a Dreamcast pad, 2 is a lot of fun but extremely defensive. But it's also got all the versions of characters I learned and like the most. 3 doesn't feel as good, I've heard it's a little busted and I don't like Chronicles of the Sword as much as Weapons Master from 2, but it's still solid singleplayer content that will keep you entertained for a long time. 4 is just weird. I'm not skilled enough to pinpoint what's wrong, it just doesn't feel the same. The create-a-character mode is cool and annoying since armor is tied to stats so you can't just allocate stat points and make your character look like whatever you want. It's otherwise okay if you just want to play casually.

The PSP version is alright. Soul Edge and Soul Calibur 1 are also probably worth playing, SC1 was a lot of people's favorite for a while, I think. If you play 2, try to get a modded Xbox OG and get the SC2 mod that replaces Necrid with Heihachi's moveset so you get Heihachi and Spawn in the samw game, essentially.

I don't remember that but then again, I think the last time I ever played Tekken was T4 or T5 years ago.

sure
little harder.

I'm now fully interested in this game

me too

Holy shit I shouldn't have found that as funny as I did.

Oh no, I meant even if I did learn stick I could never truly leave pad behind.

How did they even make that trailer and not break out into laughter when jesus started fighting

Nice. But I gonna wait for future updates. Jesus looks broken as hell.

I give them props for Jesus and Moses. If they manage to sneak in Mohammad, even as a joke character that's blurry/pixilated/has no model, I'll give them my shekels even if the game is shit.

I WANT TO SUPLEX ALLAH WITH JESUS, DAMMIT!

As usual, Mohammed's too busy cornholing livestock to attend.
I know he's not a god but you get the point.

I can't wait for the (((gaming press))) to get wind of this and be offended.

Buddha isn't a god, either, but that clearly isn't stopping them.

Buddha is closest to a god figure in Buddhism, they've got Moses in the game too and he isn't a god either. Then again I have no idea what Buddha's status within Buddhism is, a lot of the shit we are taught in the West is neutered "muh love n' peace" bullshit, while in reality there's things like badass Muslim-hunting Buddhist monk death squads.

Even the people whose love of all living things makes hippies look like nigger poachers want to remove kebab.
Really activates those almonds.

>I can't wait for the (((gaming press))) to get wind of this and be offended.
B-but, they already apologized.

>>>/reddit/
You're trying too hard.

Well Buddha was a literal human man who lived in India in antiquity. He's different from Moses, who may or may not have lived, in that way. Then again, Jesus was probably a guy named Joshua.

What I'm really disappointed about is no /kemono/ Amaterasu but I'll live.

They should do what Fatlus did with P5; before the game starts it gives you the usual "it's a work of function, purely coincidental…" disclaimer spiel but you have to agree with it, otherwise the game won't start.
You get no points if you guess where a shitshow about that started.
archive.is/9pX7W

I'm not Combofiend, I swear.

Muslims are shitheads who tear up statues of Buddha because they don't like that there were Buddhists in Afghanistan.

Let me guess, the devs of this game are from Central or South America. Those are usually the ones to come up with boneheaded concepts for games like this.

Worse. But at least they got jokes.

That's all that's need to be said, really.

Holy shit

What if I told you Menat was a Muslim?

Is it gonna be like that other chinese game where stuff is going to be stolen assets from SF4?

you would think she might learn the gypsy life since rose is a gypsy. Or I guess buddhist since rose is part of bison and he is from thailand (or %5 chance she is muslim).

She's Menat a muslim.

If she dressed like that in a Muslim country, you can bet there'd be Menat her in short order.

You're just saying that because jihad a phat ass.

What is your opinion on having to unlock characters in fighting games?

un-what? wait, what's that language you speak of? ooh! you mean DLC?

As long as the unlocks aren't tedious that's cool.

As long as the requirement isn't bullshit hard. Doing what SFEX3 did where you just have to play single player a bunch of times to unlock them; that's fine. But if it's shit like KoF XI where you need to do specific challenges with certain characters; nah fuck off don't make characters a pain the ass like that, make unique costumes or extra colors rewards for hard challenges instead.

Remember when MvC2 came out on arcades and characters were gradually unlocked?

Time released characters in fighting games have been a thing in a while

We've been robbed of one of the few joys in this world.

There was this EXP meter in the character selection screen if I recall correctly, also, in Japan you were supposed to use your DC VMU on arcade to get currency for your characters in the console version I think.

Considering how Latin American countries are devoutly Catholic, that is extremely unlikely.

Considering the way she dresses and her ancient Egyptian motif, its really unlikely. Not all Middle-Easterns are authomatically Muslims, user.

It is an outdated model that only entitled manbabies want. I, along with my fellow dedicated esports brawlers, prefer to support the community and so, prefer season passes. Especially if they're full of surprises.

t. your favorite FGC celeb

In all seriousness, I like the old plain idea of getting a character with a simple arcade mode clear like how must Namco games used to be; some people might not have the time or the mood to sit with single player for long and just want their character so they can hop back to vs. On the other hand, Project Justice had a interesting unlock system tied to the story mode that had branching paths based on simple requisites like getting a super finish.
In [CURRENT YEAR +2], I appreciate what SFV has in theory : new characters get added and the player can unlock them with points; in practice, it's a dishonestly-planned, obnoxious grind.

Easy there, Mr Doujin Author.

C-can you model swap other characters?

Asking for a friend.

They actually did it! The absolute madmen!

Why is it that all these egyptian lady game characters are horrible greasy stinky thots whose aesthetics are based entirely on thirst?

Neck yourself.

How's Tekken Tag Two?

Aris is NOT a Harada-shill. Good.

Why do I get a USF4 total conversion vibe from this video?
At least, the hit-sparks have been toned down

To the people posting MENAT pr0n, having her as curvy seems off. She's a petite like Adriana Checnik, Chloe Amor or Tori Black or 70% of JAV actresses. :P

Shantae is pure and you will not insult her like that.

Shantae isn't Egyptian tho

Shantae is a disgusting whore, who like these other thots, is designed only to sell mediocre games to thirsty as fuck niggers like yourself.

Fight me.

you wot m8

Stop being a bully

Egyptian, Arabic, who cares, it's all the same sand people.

fuck off Josh.

Maybe they wouldn't be as thirsty if they didn't come from Desert regions?

Josh the guy who can't code for shit and nearly killed the boards?

Hi Nescau.

different Josh. PsychoJosh from the discord. AKA Gigadev.

Never heard of him.

You're better off

No, you neck yourself.

But she's not Arabic and her home is a tropical coastal area

Cmon, they are niot even wrestlers!

You're going to far back in time that kind of character is a big ass steorotype in games. Egiptian ladies with that kind of bowlcut.

They thought many things but I'm fairly certain "originality" was not among them.

She has attitude. I liked.

In fighting games they are not that common. None in Tekken, SC, KoF, MK… The stereotype is common outside this genre, hell, in most genres too. It's mostly well know because of painting I guess.

You know, they had Ahad, and he is competent. But he was no developer. It's another case of starting too big, I guess.

I never understood why this game didn't had a console port. Worse ones had.

If any of you bought BlazBlue Central Fiction on Steam, don't forget to check the game folder for the digital extras. The memorial book is very lewd.

Who are those characters in the 2nd pic?

I completely forgot about that and how fucking lewd those Rachel ones were. Damn shame I can't use her at all.

I think those are just halloween themed characters,

Looks like Cerabella, Fillia and Squiggly in themed costumes.

According to the source it's Curbitta, Sabine, and Wendy and they've been around since before then it seems. The pumpkin vehicle looks kinda neat though.

They honestly look better than some of the actual skullgirls cast. Now I wish that skullgirls was just a Halloween themed game. Just get rid of the cat, the military girl, the egypt slut, the wrestler, the sax, the circus girl, and maybe fillia. Then add those three, a dullahan to keep the head gimic of the cat, a playable version of the boss, and maybe a Japanese ghost girl.

So another Josh who can't code for shit and is deadlocked on his own game because of it? Why can't people named Josh code?

They are characters drawn by Alex Ahad and later used as part of an april fools joke teasing a new mobile title from an "ex-developer" from Lab Zero.

Too bad her VA is an unlikable, leftist cunt that's kind of ugly.

Post good fightan music.

oh. Didn't know that.

Way ahead of you.

I tried out EX+Alpha and EX2+ recently. They're actually really fun games. Not sure why so many people shit on them.

Capcucks

Who's that guy? He looks boring and dumb.

I don't know anything about Street Fighter's legacy or the changes made in the EX games aside from the 3D grayfix. What's different about them compared to the earlier games?

>look on twitter
confirmed for EVO 2018

Real talk: EVO 2018's roster should be this:

I guess Infiltration doesn't care much for Poongko

What went wrong?
I'm honestly curious as to what this game did to get such a bad rep. Did Iroha's waifufaggtory kill the series? Or was it just a shit game?

No Gen'an no buy.
Iroha was Roman Reigns before Roman was even a thing. I wont buy a new character suddenly getting pushed this hard, it makes me get worked into a shoot, maybe, yeah, but the waifufags killed any viable population, also SS is super nicher in an already isolated part of a niche hobby. So, lack of pop, plus waifufags killing any intelligent discussion, still Dance of Evening Crane is masturbatory music, listen to it if you have the time.

It moved to a five button layout.
The characters feel off, they're like the ones you've played before but not quite the same.
It's unbalanced thanks to the Rage Spirit systems - the meter mechanics of each game are not equalized.
Retarded defensive options (Entire Defense is like Barrier Guard… which would be fine if this was Guilty Gear or BlazBlue, but it isn't and seems out of place).
No violence (i.e. no blood/slashes); no fatalities.
Animation doesn't look good, they got lazy with animating new characters and then seem to have removed frames from the other characters to match it making it not as fluid.
The music is decent but it's not Samurai Shodown music.
Ugly backgrounds, some look that look they came out of MvC2, others look cheap. The temple stage (I guess? It's the one with a Japanese couple getting married) wouldn't be out of place in a cheap SNES SFII clone.
If anything, Iroha is the only good thing to come out of that game and give it notability. Waifu Faggotry gave people a reason to remember this shit exists.

How's Menat gameplay-wise?

See

To be fair, MKX's Tanya has a kind of ancient Egyptian vibe, due in no small part to the hair

OK, this ost is cool.

Indeed, but only in MK X, since.both of her earlier iterations were quite different. Hell, even her first MKX version was different. But she is fun to play with.

Poongko and Infil have always hated each other. Poongko really does have a gambling addiction though.

Evo is all about what game can bring the most money in. If smash 4 had a huge following it would be 3 smash games.

XI challenges weren't all that hard. At least the ones you need to unlock characters and they're open for you to do in any order thay you might want. Recently did the character ones plus 5 or more in the PS2classic version of the japanese PSN. Besides, if you fail enough times, the game you know you're shit and will unlock everything for you

(Arcade)KOFXI did this with Adelheid, Silber, Jyazu, Sho Hayate and Gai Tendo. There's even a patch for the atomiswave dumped version to unlock them.

Damn, I remember what a mess '94ReBout was. Such a missed opportunity to refine '95 gameplay but with the American Sports Team and maybe Yagami/Billy/Eiji too because, why not? No need for those convoluted 3D stages and the game is full of bugs.
I like how the Classic Kyo costume in XIV keep those old SFX. I wish they had an option to do that for everybody

I think the first two games were too SF-ish and KOF'96 was the one to give "identity" to the franchise.
As for the DMs, '99 and 2000 have that "Counter" mode where you can do DMs without the freeze state and that makes a whole set of new combos possible.

Just because she's no musclebound and wide like the most women in SFV doesn't mean she wouldn't be one of the most curvy in games like Tekken, VF or KOF like

Hey, Ocha-maro is cuter.

Poongko had a gambling reputation since Evo 2013, IIRC, and he is friends with HydeBUFFY and Humanbomb who are both known gamblers and he has posted pictures of pachinko shit when he traveled to Japan before - so that's not news.

They never hated each other, both said before they're on good terms - enough that Infiltration feels fine to poke fun at Poongko and Poongko doesn't seem to mind it, and that he invited Poongko to his marriage.
Hate is what Infiltration and Laugh have that they don't even seem to acknowledge each other when they are in the same tournament.
Or what happened to Knee and JDCR, at lest until a few months ago, where unless it was a tournament they pretended the other didn't exist and when they played in tournaments the mood was so dense you could cut it with a knife.
That's what Koreans do when they don't like someone: they act as if the other person doesn't exist. That's clearly not the situation between Infil and Poongko.

Menat is cute!

They might not hate each other now but there was a time where they wouldn't acknowledge each other or shake hands after a match.

Because shaking hands is not a regular part of Asian culture, it's a western thing that's only recently being adopted as part of the tournament scene.
Also, part of eastern culture is to leave the loser of contest alone because talking to them could is like rubbing salt on the wound - i.e. even a "you did well" could be seen as condescending so it's better to leave the person alone.
In all, ignore r/Kappa shit-flingers in smurf accounts trying to make out a big deal of small things that they don't understand.

Maybe, I guess…

The problem with KoF96 was the horrible balance, some characters totally decimated PvP with something as simple as C+D in case of Mature (hers had high priority and range) or Chin (his drunken drop had almost no hurtbox for most low attacks), I also think the art style was not that good once they got to 96, it was more unique in 94-95.

Whore

How will Jurifags ever recover? :^)

What do you have against brown belly-dancers, user?

He's am autistic cow

Oh right right. But it's Burger Umaru now.

Upload them somewhere. :^)

I hope this gets a Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei Kengō Retsuden tier following

Fun fact: She blue-balled Mike Z on a stream when he tried to get into her panties.

Gan'An is in 6. He's just not cool to use at all.

She was also in her own league being the most OP af character in 6. Yea, the animations sucked, and it felt like a shitty Mugen game. Iroha was really pushed hard like Ramen Reigns, but she would be forgotten even by waifufags in a few years. Iroha killed SamSho.

No they didn't. Nice try infil.
And JDCR and Knee don't hate each other. Knee just isn't fond of JDCR because JDCR always does his darnest to play 1P.

lmao

Word is Poongko might have been using donation money for his gambling addiction, which is making /r kappa lose it's shit.

Yes, they did. Infil said on stream before that while they're not friends they're on good terms.
Also, you don't invite people you dislike to your fucking wedding and Poongko was there, together with the Spirit Zero guys (who are Infil's friends when it comes to Korean SF). Meanwhile, Laugh wasn't. Pictures are on Infiltration's twitter.
Knee and JDCR had a massive beef since Tekken 6 because of this P1 bs and because JDCR refused a death match.
Knee took JDCR denying the match as an insult and decided to go online and started badmouthing JDCR in public Tekken discussion forums (tekkkencentral). JDCR got pissed and they stopped talking to him and the beef spilled over the scene and their crews.
Go watch old tournament footage of both, the loser just packs his stuff and leaves. They don't make eye contact and if they have their crews around the climate surrounding them is of outright hostility while both just want to be done with and be done with the unpleasant situation.
It's why they shaking hands at Rev Major this year was quite a big deal.

is the laugh/infil thing solely because of evo? that's kinda sad if so.
the more i hear about kfgc it really seems like they rival our levels of petty drama

are they ever not losing their shit?

raito is best

I keep hearing about this but no one ever posts a source. I need to see this shit.

Thanks for the heads up, Kappabro.
Don't forget to keep us updated on whatever happens on leddit. It's super important.

There's a KoF collab event in a freemium game called Valkyrie Connect, but to make a long story short, it's a shitty pay-to-win event (You won't make any progress past chapter 1 unless you spend shit loads of money). Don't expect anything good out of it unless you fork shit loads of money for bad character pulls, and you somehow have the equipment to beat hard missions (good luck as a new player). Oh yea, VC's community is full of sjws and creepy role-players, but you can really piss them if you bring up Trump let alone say you support him. They had a similar event for Fate. It was awful, and very unfriendly to new players or anyone that isn't a spender.

KOF14 is dead.

I think GGPO KoF has as many players. It's dead Jim.

I'd love to see Arika 2018 on there though. There isn't a single modern game I'd want to play at Evo.

It's just street fighter in ugly 3d. Still pretty good games though.

Nice.

KOF14 is just dead everywhere where the people don't have slant eyes. Still has a big arcade presence in japan, shit was the spotlight fighting game in China's biggest esport event and it snubbed out SFV's spot at WFC 2017.
But man do chinks sure love KoF 97

97 was only slightly better than 96 if you ask me, I think after 95 the game has lost its charm in terms of impactful play.

Nigga you're retarded, gay and your fetish is legit trash, just like you.

So she's the next Hakan?

It apparently had to do with sponsorship's. Mad Catz at the time had them as a duo and Infiltration got a better offer elsewhere and so they had a falling out.

This was ages ago, between like 2011-2013. I remember commentators and other fgc guys mentioning they didn't like each other

See it for yourself. This is the match where everyone knew something was up..

When's SFV Rose?

Given the reason we don't have Sagat yet, probably not for a while.

Holy shit.

Hopefully never because that would make me feel compelled to get the game. Maybe.

Am I getting this right?
I can DP in SFV with motions like 636 or just fuckin mashing down and forward randomly. It feels like if I learn with this I'll just get sloppy.

MS announced the Steam version of Killer Instinct DE will be cross play between Xbone,W10 and Steam and will come with patch 3.9

forums.ultra-combo.com/t/ki-steam-cross-play-testing/22204

But does it still require windows 10? Also inb4 denuvo'd

Newer fighting games have made motion inputs a lot more lenient than older games. This has the benefit of making inputs easier and can allow for some tactics like crouching DPs. The problem is that it also can cause mixed up attacks from overlapping inputs and encourages sloppy execution which can make playing older, stricter games difficult. Though you can simply mash it out, you should probably try to have clean execution. Be sure to have input display on and be mindful of your execution in practice.

eventhubs.com/guides/2009/may/04/shortcut-motions-shoryukens-dragon-punches-street-fighter-4/

Both the previous link and this one are for SFIV, but I think SFV has the same input leniency.

eventhubs.com/guides/2010/jan/11/understanding-input-leniency-street-fighter-4/

Or, in some godawful cases, plinking.

What's the best? game to play to get into Melty Blood? It looks ridiculous enough to be right up my alley, but based on it's reputation, I assume online is dead as fuck.

You are really stupid aren't you

Egyptians aren't in any way similar to shitty arabic/negroid faggots who werent able to produce anything of worth in their shit desert untill a fag called mohammed was like wow this bible is nice let me add this and attacked a already weak byzantin faggot ass bitch egypt before its muslim invasion will always be better than faggot ass arabniggers

Also requesting those hitbox pictures

These ones?

seek help asap, you sick fuck.

Mad you took the bait like a triggered bitch?

Why do you want Rose in a shitty fighting game?

yes thanks

Haha well memed my friend (kys)

SNK is having a publisher sale on Steam until sept 10th. Is there anything worth buying during the sale if I already have KoF98UMFE, 2002UM, and XIII and metal slug 3?

Only worthwhile thing you don't have is KoFXIV; avoid all the other Neo Geo ports since they're all lazy dotemu ports.

Unless you want to give SNK more shekels, just grab KoFXIV. Everything else can be emulated on MAME.

I bought it.

It's clunky, stiff, and there are some serious balance issues between characters (Buddha has a 100% combo), but it's decent fun for ~$5. Too bad the girls are all pretty shit balance wise, from what I can see.

I never understood skullgirls' hitboxes. Why it is necessary for each individual stand of hair to have it's own hitbox?

So they can make it more expensive.

You don't understand. Skullgirls is the BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER MADE. No other fighting game has accurate hitboxes. You're just jealous.
The best part is that Felica has Filia's hurtbox for her idle animation even though their postures are completely different, because the money was managed so poorly.

Who is Felicia? Are you talking about this shitty excuse for a catgirl?

oh fuck, I remember now. They spend actual thousands on hitboxes, when it's actually just drawing a goddamn box around where a character is.

That's Ms. Fortune. Felica is a clone character of Felia.

Moses isn't even a god.

The clone character's name is Fukua.

Just play Melty Blood. You want the pirated CCaster version because they still haven't fixed the Steam version's netcode. There's probably a Discord somewhere you can get matches through.

Oh, right. I knew their names both started with F.

The only thing I'll give them for Fukua was the trailer that took a jab at Capcom and Decapre. I think she was only supposed to be playable for April Fool's or a week or so and left her in because people actually liked her.

Don`t go to the discord, full of fags.

Bumping with some VA trivia. Pic related are both voiced by Iemasa Kayumi. Too bad he's gone now. Do you think he would've voiced Shadowgiest again if they put him in Arika's new game?

we get her 1 week after the game is good

Is that the SFV discord? I've been to the DFCI one and it's not bad at all from what I saw. The guys there kicked my ass and gave me some good advice.

I'm not the only one who watches gigaboots

They're so cucked by their fans that they can't even do a simple parody right.

This bait comes like clockwork.

The only thing you're right is about Josh being cancer making me wonder why he's still not banned.

Menat isn't a shitty character, it's the game that's being too shit.
Offensive characters only need to make a single guess against a zoner to start dealing huge damage, while defensive characters need to make several smaller reads so they don't get their assholes blown out. Basically any character that has to play "perfect" sucks because it's effort for no reward.

Rose reminds me of Melania Trump

Woah buddy, hold on there where's yer' spoiler tags. You can't just walk roun' here with that THING hangin' free like that. This community has stantnards.

Opppss
How do I spoiler AFTER posting?

SFV-ism

That's the vid I posted in the other thread talking about how Alpha 2 was considered better than Alpha 3 by some due to V-ism turning everyone into SFV Balrog. One read and you corner carry someone from the other side of the screen, deal 60+% damage, and then gain back 40% of that meter if you juggle properly like that Ken player did. Shit might as well be Koihime Enbu when you get a critical counter. I believe not many even played A2 and A3 was their first Alpha game.

At least in alpha 3 ever character had V-ism. Balrog in SFV is ridiculous and lets average players compete against pros.

Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package (PS4)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (PS4, XBO, PC)
Monster Hunter Stories Ver. 1.2 Renewal Edition (3DS)
Monster Hunter: World (PS4)
Resident Evil 7: biohazard Gold Edition
Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 (Switch)

Remember the last time you were hyped for Capcom's TGS show? Yeah, me neither. Couple more years and they'll turn into Konami with only 1-2 games to show.
Anyway, Shekels vs Functions gonna be on September 23rd.

They're not even trying to hide that they want the Saint's Row audience anymore.

Soon…

JUSTICE FIST

The video is called "Unsatisfying". It's not for nothing.

Technically, they can't. The game is called "Fight of the Gods". Islam had no other gods than God. Mohammad is a prophet, but still a human. Not a god.

Exactly.

One of them cut a sea in half and the other is litterally a super hero with mind-reading, fly, transformation, reincarnation, omniscient vision/hearing and super knowledge.
Technically, the only surnatural thing Mohammad did is writing a holy book.

youtube.com/watch?v=mGj8lPwOeKg

Just go get AACC with the CCaster and hit some discords for matches. The Steam version is nice if you wanted to try to support French Bread and show you like their work in English but otherwise the netcode is far better on the yarhar'd version. If you're only going to play with friends, get Act Cadenza B2 on PC (probably the only version of AC you'll find, really). It's got a smaller roster and no grooves but it allows 4 player simultaneously and should allow for 2 player tag. Fun but no one really plays online since AACC is basically all around better.

Unless for some reason you care about the story, in which case you can play the original or ReACT, depending on if you want the raw, somewhat unpolished and slower experience of the original or if you want it to play more like modern Melty Blood. They're otherwise the same game, near as I can tell.

Nah, it's a worse re-release of MvC3 but with slightly different mechanics. Which is a shame, because I actually like 2v2 over 3v3 but mahvel had been known for it's crazy 3v3 rather than the earlier games so I'm still a little baffled about the decision to drop down to 2v2.

Look on the bright side - the Dark Age is imminent. :^)

They said in a stream he'd be properly shown at TGS. Hope it ends with a Blair teaser or, dare I dream, reveal.

He's the god of bukkake.

I wasn't comparing gameplay, I was comparing the anti-consumerism aspects of both games.
No matter how you look at it; MvCI is more jewish than SFV

Isn't it funny? The last time the dark age was starting to "happen" was when Arika made the last SFEX game, now it's "happening" when Arika is making a new fighter.

It's funny for Holla Forumstards, becaus they don't play games.

Kill yourself, reddit filth.

Are you upset because nobody here was paying attention to your post about the new lethal league or are you that butthurt faggot with the fighting game board that nobody cared about when you kept shilling it here?

or worse; are you the faggot that shills USF4?

Neat as fuck!

Primo bait

Should I buy SFV?

Nah, instead, use that money to buy some rope and learn how to make a strong knot instead. Waste of dubs.

No

Yes its p fun

>>>/twitter/

nah im good right here

Why do you have that saved fag homo

Does v-trigger make him a bigger guy?

NUCLEAR
E
G
R
O
He is a bit quiter this time.

Stay mad over a shit post. Kill yourself.

PsychoJosh/Cabbagepots never learns from his mistakes. He's been banned on many sites, but he comes back through multiple accounts or other shit switching his ip address (His old accounts are still banned). The guy is a faggot. Shame his /cow/ thread got deleted (Not like it can't be reposted or anything). I won't be surprised if he did jack shit with his game since we ridiculed him a couple of threads ago (His twists were pathetic)

No, she seems to be a shitty character like Alex, Juri, and Fang. She's more or less mid or almost bottom barrel because everyone else below her seems to be ass (What the fuck did they do to Gief?! Wasn't he good when season 2 started?)

The balance in Season 2 is just retarded (Almot every dlc sucks, and Geif went from playable to trash). Wait until they kick off season 3.

I still can't respect him knowing he acted like a little bitch towards people who called him out on his bullshit knowing he was wrong (He sperged out on when someone told him was acting like DSP when he bitched about the shitty Sword characters in Smash). It was great when everyone called him out on shit about the shitty Philadelphia Eagles though.

If you play a character that gets away with low profiling mids, you are a bitch.

Tell us how you really feel

The thing abou Nuclear Negro is just that, IMO, he is one of the few things worth watching on youtube because, in general, he just don't give a damn and enjoy what he do. And there is also the fact that he is usually right about the industry.

My true feelings do not translate into the words of men.

He makes a few good points about stuff like Philly being a complete shit hole and Wing Bowls being disgusting and sleazy. He's just inconsistent with what he practices and preaches.

Don't act like the stuff he posted isn't true. The only matches played there are for Xrd with the same 3 or 4 people playing it while every other person doesn't try to get better at that game or any other fighter despite claiming they love the games. They spend more time talking about fighters like any regular Holla Forums thread would than actually spending time to play them and just circlejerk over idolshit and how one member is a fag. The discord isn't good unless you need another bongistaki to talk about dumb anime shit and pretend to actually play fighters but you probably already enjoy that since you actually cared enough to try and deviate a post as bait

Extra extra, faggot dev who never made progress on his game confirms they're not making a game.

something that never existed still doesn't oh no

I want a Guilty Gear anime

No you don't.

I want a good Guilty Gear anime

Better I guess.

Just give me more Ramlethal and Baiken and everything will be fine.

r/salty
Chen is such a man-child

Anyone for ST SF2?

Cry more shitskin

Got to watch those monkey-paw wishes..

At least he didn't run with crowdfunded money, I guess? But I can say the concept was interesting. I just wish the characters weren't so big that the stages didn't seem to matter.
Well, too bad. I'm all for new IPs in the genre so we don't end up with the same 3~4 franchises with its niche communities forever.

I'm your regular KOF guy. I don't care how much shitposting about SFV you guys make, if anyone wants to talk about or have any doubts about SNK games, I'm glad to at least try to help.
Recently, I got back to Blazblue with Jubei but I'm still relearning the game and don't have a PS4 so making videos with the PS3 is not something really confortable. But fuck the Blazblue community for moving to discord groups it makes it hard for a beginner to learn the game. But besides of what think, I love Tao.

What do you think about Classic Kyo having '94 SFX?

In '95 you could do 100% in the pier stage just as the round starts with Iori among other retarded stuff. '94 is also pretty busted as a game and ReBout didn't really help with the fuckload of bugs and slowdowns. That's why chinks and huelanders love '97 onwards even if '97 still has a lot of infinites and games like 2002vanilla are busted but not at the same levels as the first games.

I still think '96 is one of the prettiest KOFs of the NeoGeo era with its stage intros in general also the OST is easily one of the best one of all time with Fairy, Road to Seoul and Goenitz theme.

So is this Iori's VA recording for future Destiny episodes? Lost my shit with the video the guy was really spot on his voice.

SAKURA is CUTE

too bad she's mentally retarded

I'm shocked.

How do you feel about KoF14? It's on sale finally and I thought about taking the plunge into KoF again.

This warrants maybe a loud 'fuck' but couldn't he have just rage art or whatever back or is King's weird or some shit?

What's with this guy and Memegirls?
But anyway, looks like Max-chan has been two-timing Capcom-kun or is it a open relationship?

I told you all this would happen.

At least there will be a gameplay trailer of the new Virtual On and a playable demo on the floor.

It's over, user! VF is dead…the bad guys won, You're coming back with me.

Yeah look how close they are

smh

This game man.

Greed and laziness really ruin most of the game for me. While they did add many suits, making it so you can't use in game points to get the DLC suits is pretty shitty. The OPs/EDs being DLC is complete bullshit and not remixing the songs is pure laziness. They have all the time to add new mobile suits but not fix the net code too. At least the game is still fun to play and most of the levels have better designs than Full Boost. Also the universal assists are pretty annoying at times now that nearly anyone can wake-up SUMO/The O assist to get you off them.

I don't get why people keep giving bamco a free pass, they pull just as much shit as capcom.

I don't think people do outside of Tekken. Everyone know how bad [email protected] DLC can get. All Tales fans know how greedy they have gotten with the DLC in those games. I think it's more like "You should know what you're getting into" so people don't complain that much. But for some reason, Capcom keeps surprising people with how bad they can be.

At least that's how I see it.

Forgot to mention. They don't have a victory or lose music anymore for some reason. It was a nice touch and without it victories don't feel nearly as satisfying. Also fuck every Crossbone mobile suit with all their whip and cloak nonsense. Fuck are they annoying to fight against. X1 pokes you with his energized sword for 1 second and he's dealing 250+ damage with no effort while also having a cloak to shrug off melee and beam shots. Cloaks used to just make you immune to beams until it loses all its health but now it acts like the armor from that armored Gundam from 0080. Then they have the whip that makes melee against them a nightmare or even approaching them. Better learn how to block quickly or you'll be knocked on your ass all battle.

That was supposed to be Idolmaster.

Not him but it's not really good port for toasters or near minimum requirements like mine but works fine on good PCs like my friend's one. There are some mods with better lightining effects if you can handle/want.
As a game I would say it's a great KOF that mix '98, 2002 and XIII with some new stuff. Easier to combo than XIII but retains some of the "neutral" play from 2002.
The lobbies are full of South Americans, Mexicans and Chinese. For North America and Europe you'll probably need Discord.

Max only loves blond dudes. See Ken and Rock Howard.

The PS4/Vita port of Samurai Shodown V Special is out next Tuesday for those who care.

Kof14 re-shade
twitter.com/ATRyoSakazaki/status/905841114313367552

No VF on PC release? Disappointment…

Well think of it this way; at least they won't be able to hype up everyone only to shit the bed last minute like they did with Sonic Mania.

Thanks for the heads-up. Weird how SNK's own Twatter still has nothing on it.

It's still like 7am in japan, they probably post about it later tonight or do what they did with Garou/LB2 and not mention them until the release day

configurable button controls on arms

Need some advice, I want to mess around with a fighting game engine, maybe make a CvS or something, nothing complicated, just keep learning some stuff, is MUGEN the only option?

Well, If you know a little of Unity, you can try U.F.E. (universal fighting engine). This game and this one both was made in this engine. Here some videos about:
youtube.com/user/ederondotcom/videos

I am still not familiar with Unity, on the other hand, I read GGXrd is made with UE4.

Yep. But you know UE4? To beginners I think Unity is better.

Is kind of weird, since Unity doesn't seem to have any way of telling me what to do, UE has tutorials and presets.

Whoever you told this is full of shit, Xrd was made with UE3. There is no fighting game made with UE4 yet and there aren't many UE4 games in general to begin with, the engine is still quite new.

Oh, maybe the person just assumed the engine version, but still unreal I see, guess is time to check tutorials and all, so, there is not alternative to MUGEN if I want to use some 2D assets?

You could attempt OpenBOR or PainTown, but the former is geared more towards beatemups, the latter has a MUGEN esque format because it interprets all the same scripting as MUGEN. There's 2D Fighter maker as a more convoluted way to make a game, too. Beyond that, not sure of any systems to easily make a 2D fighter.

I'll check those options then, thanks.

Xrd is UE3. T7 and DBZF are UE4.

I see, thanks.

Also, let's say there is a hypothetical Capcom vs SNK 3, what would be your ideal roster? at leasr 32 characters total minus bosses.

Wew lordy what a day.

not gonna list all 32, but assuming all the given characters made it in, these are the ones i'd want

>hsienko or basically any darkstalkers character that isn't morrigan

Okina doesn't ring a bell, Hwa?

Okina was the old fisherman in Last Blade.

Props to people that can endure dash cancelling damn near everything.

Already doing that for CF so eh.

Shit, I'll look into it since I want to attempt to make a game.

Oh, OK, I am checking some lists I have for characters, I have to say, doing a non super flashy CvS makes it hard when you have supernatural characters outside of Street Fighter mostly.

From the top of my head here is a list of characters I came up with, I may have forgotten a lot since I am focusing mostly on Street Fighter 2 and alpha.

Bad idea asking me my only experience is having technical problems with 13,dabbling in 2002 and pirating 14 and doing webms related and then putting it down because I couldn't imagine getting my moneys worth if I bought it.
Sorry I can't really give you a good answer, I'd trust more then me on this topic.

Fuck the sales, fuck the audience, fuck the FGC. I'm crashing this crossover with no survivors.

CAPCOM

SNK

hell yeah mother fucker.

With that cast we would need a serious rework because there are some SNK bosses there, not to mention the whole fighting style, I always thought some characters in crossovers had too much range in comparison to the others.

Nice list

>tfw if he was in Garou 2 his ending wouldn't be finding out he married King when she shows up after his victory only to kick his ass and drag him home

Not the rep I would have chosen, but I respect your taste.

I'd say the Capcom side is much more complicated since almost all of the SNK is from FGs and on that note, I wish I was more knowledgeable on SNK titles. In a perfect world, I'd have Goddess Athena and Ralf or Clark because SNK was promoting their upcoming titles. Meanwhile, I'm probably a bit too knowledgeable on Capcom and that was a very difficult list to cook up.
In any case, I think part of the fun in crossovers is getting to pick characters that were never playable before. If it were to really happen, I think it would be a repeat of the prequels; nothing but the safest, most ESPN-friendly choices because that's just how nu-Capcom rolls.

How about SEGA vs SNK, though? Goda and Yamazaki is my team.

Personally I'd rather see that then CvS3 especially if both sides dip into their more obscure IPs; like Last Brox characters and Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter would harmonize pretty well.
Even Virtua Fighter vs Fatal Fury alone could work really well and easily since you easily make VF characters work in FF's alley system or vice versa.

Are we page 13 yet

Soon

Anyone actually like these types of boss fights?

I don't mind them as long as it's not a slog.

Big final boss fights in fighting games? I fine with them as long as they're interesting and don't drag on forever. Like TvC's and Melty Blood's were fine. As for MvCI's; I don't know if it's because the player sucks ass or they gave it too much health but holy fuck does that last far too long

I guess, when your comparing it to SNK games.

Dont fighting game's etiquette and rules emulate Tennis in a lot of ways?
double elimination tournament brackets
hand shaking after matches
hand shaking or fist bumps before matches

I think it's just standard tournament rules and not being a cunt more than emulating anything

New thread where