Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/yrwht
futurity.org/smart-devices-body-movement-1528622/
archive.is/HLpsI
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-950-vs-AMD-RX-560/3510vs3926
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I laughed.

speccy crashes my computer

I can run other toaster-tier games, but I had to return fucking Guild of Dungeoneering because it won't run.

I don't have the floor space or the money for a decent PC so I'm on a hand-me-down craptop.

For what purpose?

I've heard nothing but bad about Seagate from Holla Forums when I was trying to build my own PC. Is it?

Why does Intel do this?

I wasn't tech savvy at all when I bought this computer. (I was 14). Now that I understand a bit more I can say it's a good brand, at least my HDD never failed and is still alive after 7 years.

Check out THESE specs.

It's pretty good, I guess.

I should probably sell some things.

what do?

Get that temp down.

How?

When did nvida start making motherboards?

Make some fried eggs

It's a problem on both sides. I bought a wd black five years ago and it was broken up from the start.
Had myself never problems with seagate.

But since i needed a new 3tb for the wd black i bought a toshiba with 5600rpm and it's way faster than my broken old one and doesn't sound like a floppy drive.

But besides that just check you get a working one and wd, seagate or toshiba are ok.

You know you can install Win7 in Ryzen or Kaby Lake processors, right?

Yeah, I guess the problem is not the brand itself, but those chink manufacturers.

I could use an upgrade, but it works well enough.

It doesn't work

But why?

one 111GB drive? the fuck?

Exactly my old pc. Are you me from the past?

Sadly my old 660 broke. I had warranty for it but got only 70% of it's old price and bought a R9-270x for it. Now i'm stuck with an 970 because the 270x fans broke. Hopefully it will work till the RX Vega 56 or 64 get cheaper.

Forgot the mendtion that you even have the same soundcard.

till the RX Vega 56 or 64 get cheaper.

good luck on your infinite wait

Speccy thread?

One of nine computers, but all of the rest are older; oldest being from 1989. I have no real incentive to build a new system, though I am tempted to do so from time to time.

Yeah, need a job.

Fermi meme aside, they used to make good motherboards in the 00s.

I plan to upgrade the G4600 to an i7 soon; plan to upgrade the 8gb to 32gb soon. My previous computer dying took me unexpectedly, so building this was a real shock to my wallet.

Sandy-Bridge's chipset temp sensor has been providing keks for years now.

Nani?

How do you check the pics?

What the fuck is Windows 10 Dio? Do you have a emo vampire on your computer?

DATAMINING THREAD

All of you need to disappear.
FOREVER

This.

This and the other vidya gaem sins thread shows exactly what this board has become.

Windows 10 Enterprise can turn off telemetry and disable all the botnet shit.

You can put all of you botnet shit in A VM while also playing video games

You need to get good faggots.

KONO DIO DA

This is the future you chose. I also expect each of you to be only running FOSS software and playing only FOSS games.

I want windows 10 Dio

Who are you quoting?

Somebody draw someone's PC, with 10 Dios

Sorry autism misfire.

That's right fellow Anonymous user, the spying software can be easily disabled* if you buy the special edition of Windows 10 for the low low price of 250 shekels!

Spying software cannot ever be actually disabled

I bet you think office thermostats actually do things too.

Enjoy your overhead.
Winjews 10 is shit in general, win 7 a best.

2nd'ing

You know, it doesn't really fucking matter. Because the CPUs themselves have backdoors in them that compromise your system security. Use Windows, use OS X, use Linux. At the end of the day it doesn't mean shit.

You can argue "one is more secure than the others," but it's bullshit. Not to mention Linux has the worst community of insufferable cunts, example being the vocal Linux fags who feel the need to invade a thread about comparing battlestations, and harping about people not using Linux.

Get fucked and go back to /g/ already.

Succ.

Stupid fucking goy

Not Win10 Ent. Idiot.

Nigger what overhead? Also Windows 10 is more optimized for virtual machines and if you are only using it for Steam/all proprietary shit than it can only collect what you give it even if you believe that you cant harden the operating system which you can.

That is why DWS does all the IP blocking when you run it.

Thank you for correcting the record. 1 (one) shekel has been deposited into your account.

Is that really the best you can come back with? Wipe it off your face, bud. Analysts who no more than you do (which is to say, they're not coming straight out of your asshole like you are) have already done some rooting around. Win 10 stipulates that you can only truly disable telemetry in Enterprise. And it actually does work.

Go ahead, prove me wrong. Don't post a shitty slav video, because he's using a fucking beta distro of Win 10 anyway. Let's see your conclusive evidence.

Max comfy my dude.

This is not exclusive to one single commercial edition of Win 10.

This has been proven time and time again to be obviously fake, you are even more retarded than the Windows 10 shill.

I'm not shilling Windows 10. I don't care what OS you use, if you want to make your life complicated go for it, for the ILLUSION of security. But your CPU is a backdoor, and the CIA can look at your shit any time they want unless you're using something from 12 years ago.

Reported for being too stupid to be allowed to post here.

LOL, you faggots actually believe this? Those backdoors are for LOCAL hardware access.

Just focusing on the CIA is retarded you have different tears of fucks and 90% of them don't have those keys. You have multiple groups and pajeets trying to get into the OS level.

Best goy, ignore the filthy lies in the link below

archive.is/yrwht

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF, ✡JIM✡. GIVE THE SITE TO A GOY OR ACCEPT YOUR FATE.

Go for it, bud. And you still haven't posted any proof. Your best bet is "MODS, PLEASE BAN THIS GUY FOR HAVING A DIFFERING OPINION!!!"

Sounds like a certain crowd. I'd say "better luck next time," but you can't undo the harm homeschooling does to a child's development.

Holy fucking christ, kill yourself.

Wouldn't it make more sense to post this in the meta board?

You are an absolutely awful shill tbh fam

No. It's not for him, who doesn't give a fuck about /sudo/ or its contents. It's for others to know what is happening and who is responsible.

Care to give us some info?

The 8 in the Nvidia card is misaligned, this photograph has been doctored!

Pretty much. Not that it won't stop various autists from trying with various pieces of software floating out there to disable the Windows 10 spying. Don't pretend that Windows 7 and others don't have similar telemetry in them either, though.

As to the actual topic, my rig is still a work in progress. Plan to upgrade the Video Card when this mining bubble finally bursts.

At least put some chocolate or mayo on it.

I-it's just summer trash still lingering about, r-right?

>says the retard posting

This is actually starting to get kind of funny

I don't feel like it and this my craptop with just 150GB storage. Most of which has already been filled up by vidya.

Are you fucking with us?

Hey, spiral knights is actually half decent if you can find someone to buy some of your shit from other games for crowns.

Hrm, maybe I'll give it another try then.

Just bear in mind, you are DEFINITELY going to overpay for crowns if you want to skip the grind, but crowns at the same time are also, kind of worthless. It's like a weird ying yang thing.

what do I win

My niggers.

A trip straight back to cuckchan where you came from

At least you and this guy don't have a backdoor built into your cpu.

Why would you make that your wallpaper?

because it's cute

the problem isnt the cpu brudder, its the shit tier graphics card you have in there

Is this good? I'm not certain if this is good or not?

At some point, I will get 16 gb, then I will die in peace.

user, what do I buy first - new GPU or new Monitor?

Not that user but you should buy a new monitor first and then base your GPU purchase around that. Or at least decide what monitor you will buy so your GPU purchase is informed.

I want to move into 144 fps, but can make only one step at a time, this is why I'm asking.

[Beefy Rig]

The 960 is a bit of a bottleneck right now, sure, but so is the Pentium. I went from an 8-core FX chip to a dual core Pentium, and I'm seeing the difference. On the one hand, games are now running faster. On the other hand, system performance problems are very noticeable. Since the FX series is like 4 cores, 8 threads anyway, I felt that I'd rather go with an Intel PC for the first time in 20 years. And I'm not going to overclock this time around, which is why I chose a board that can't overclock. I'll slap in a 7700K (the max CPU I can put in there) just for the extra base clock speed, get up to 32gb of RAM, and then after that I'll look into either a 1070 or something else.

It's possible to use Crossfire with this board, but because of how iffy multiple GPU configurations go, I'll probably just go with one strong card rather than two cards. I thought my upgrade path through pretty extensively before I bought the parts. And the 960 is salvage from the previous computer. It's possible I'd still be using a 550 if it weren't for the fact that Dark Souls III decimated my computer and I had to upgrade at the time.

What's wrong with any of those games aside from Spiral Knights being an ex-wife-tier F2P moneysucker?
I only installed it yesterday because me and some other anons have been reminiscing about how comfy this game is

Totally your call, man. You're going to see the immediate benefit from both, regardless of what you get first.

I'd personally upgrade whichever is your weakest component first.

like what?

poorfag here

Pretty shit.

It's funny because we had similar speccy threads last year during many parts of the year full of man Windows 10 users. And autists sperged out the same way. At this point I'm certain it's people with genuine autism with their concern trolling and trying desperately to fit in while trying to create a consensus at the same time. This board hasn't gotten any worse, but your autism sure stayed at the same part of the spectrum

go research or ask Holla Forums IR communication between devices. like that user said, it doesn't really matter anymore. fuckers have been putting invisible code on every paper you print for years.
futurity.org/smart-devices-body-movement-1528622/

I really need to dust out my PC. It's so fucking hot where I live right now that I'm getting full lockups from what I assume is overheating.

Fuck outta here.

Unfortunately, everyone will have to upgrade eventually, specially people who use the pc for work related things, but that's what Start10 is for. You can also pirate things in windows 10, it's not like pirating vidya is going away. Playing vidya is not going away either.

i upgraded to linux, but i wish game compatibility was a bit better. i hear windows 10 users have that issue too.

Oh yeah, you'd actually be surprised how many hacks to get old software working are just straight up gone in normal distributions of windows 10.

epic meme, my friend

if you hate windows 10 consider going back to /vr/

if you hate modern video games you'll be especially welcome there

enjoy living in the past

List worthy games that require windows 10

Get the fuck out of here pajeet.

list a single worthy game made in the last two years

There's nothing

Where the fuck is that "copypasta" from? Go ahead jewgle it. I'm waiting you fucking nigger. Everyone will have to upgrade eventually, like the change from windows xp to 7. If you want to run the new shiny and compatible shit, you have to. I'm saying it's unfortunate because windows 7 works kept working fine and all they had to do was just keep updating it like they do 10.

I think I need to replace my graphics ….

I had to run the new tomb raider demo all at minimum to stay above 30fps in 1440p

I'll upgrade to FaggotOS before I upgrade to 10. Fuck Microsoft.

[email protected] OS: Funtoo Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.12.7-ck Uptime: 11h 24m _______ ____ Packages: 1037 /MMMMMMM/ /MMMM| _____ _____ Shell: bash 4.4.12 __/M.MMM.M/_____________|M.MMM|/MMMMM\/MMMMM\ Resolution: 1920x1080|MMMMMM'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.MMMM..MMMM.MM\ DE: KDE 5.37.0 / Plasma 5.10.4|MMMMMMMMM/mMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM| WM: KWin|MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM\MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM| WM Theme: Breeze Dark |MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM'MMMM''MMMM'MM/ CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 8x 3.9GHz [35.0°C] |MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM\MMMMM/\MMMMM/ GPU: GeForce GTX 780 |MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM'M| RAM: 3988MiB / 15902MiB |MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MM'M/ |MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM/

Looks like Holla Forums just murders the formatting.

>nevermind that we post the same shit about eventually having to upgrade on every thread that bashes on our spyware
Kill yourself

Wait, is this is Speccy thread, or a Spiccy thread?

It's both, we first post our Speccy and see who's a Spiccy based on how poverty-tier their specs are, then we laugh at them

Formatting is fine; Holla Forums doesn't handle ANSI colors

-/oyddmdhs+:. -odNMMMMMMMMNNmhy+-` OS: Gentoo 2.3 -yNMMMMMMMMMMMNNNmmdhy+- Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.12.5-gentoo `omMMMMMMMMMMMMNmdmmmmddhhy/` Uptime: 14h 31m omMMMMMMMMMMMNhhyyyohmdddhhhdo` Packages: 1724.ydMMMMMMMMMMdhs++so/smdddhhhhdm+` Shell: zsh 5.3.1 oyhdmNMMMMMMMNdyooydmddddhhhhyhNd. Resolution: 3840x2160 :oyhhdNNMMMMMMMNNNmmdddhhhhhyymMh WM: Awesome .:+sydNMMMMMNNNmmmdddhhhhhhmMmy WM Theme: /mMMMMMMNNNmmmdddhhhhhmMNhs: GTK Theme: Zukitwo [GTK2], Zukitwo [GTK3] `oNMMMMMMMNNNmmmddddhhdmMNhs+` CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 4.7GHz `sNMMMMMMMMNNNmmmdddddmNMmhs/. GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics (AMD POLARIS10 / DRM 3.15.0 / 4.12.5-gentoo, LLVM 4.0.1) /NMMMMMMMMNNNNmmmdddmNMNdso:` RAM: 8033MiB / 15987MiB+MMMMMMMNNNNNmmmmdmNMNdso/- MNNNNNNNmmmmmNNMmhs+/-` /hMMNNNNNNNNMNdhs++/-` `/ohdmmddhys+++/:.` `-//////:--.

Why get such a nice processor if you're going to waste it?

Intel locks their processors that aren't the k-series.
i7-4770 is locked and can not be overclocked.

Not via the CPU multiplier but you can fiddle with the BCLK if you're adventurous and have a mobo with it's own PCI-E clock generator.

It's not about the games, it's about the new CPU generations, Ryzen and Kabylake onwards, that don't support Win7 anymore. This is not an argument if you're just playing games though, previous CPUs are completely fine for that.

wew

I can't into graphics drivers.

_,met$$$$$gg. ,g$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P. OS: Debian 8.9 jessie ,g$$P"" """Y$$.". Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.9.0-3-amd64 ,$$P' `$$$. Uptime: 12h 38m ',$$P ,ggs. `$$b: Packages: 2107 `d$$' ,$P"' . $$$ Shell: bash 4.4.12 $$P d$' , $$P Resolution: 1024x768 $$: $$. - ,d$$' WM: i3 $$\; Y$b._ _,d$P' CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core @ 16x 3.6GHz Y$$. `.`"Y$$$$P"' GPU: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.9, 128 bits) `$$b "-.__ RAM: 6625MiB / 32187MiB `Y$$ `Y$$. `$$b. `Y$$b. `"Y$b._ `""""

where did all that ram go?

_,met$$$$$gg. ,g$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P. OS: Debian testing buster ,g$$P"" """Y$$.". Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.12.0-1-amd64 ,$$P' `$$$. Uptime: 42m ',$$P ,ggs. `$$b: Packages: 2773 `d$$' ,$P"' . $$$ Shell: bash 4.4.12 $$P d$' , $$P Resolution: 1920x1080 $$: $$. - ,d$$' WM: OpenBox $$\; Y$b._ _,d$P' WM Theme: Numix Y$$. `.`"Y$$$$P"' GTK Theme: Numix [GTK2/3] `$$b "-.__ Icon Theme: HighContrast `Y$$ Font: Sans 10 `Y$$. CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4x 3.9GHz [36.0°C] `$$b. GPU: GeForce GTX 970 `Y$$b. RAM: 921MiB / 7935MiB `"Y$b._ `""""

it's an edit

You're not very smart are you?

no
Kids, stay in school and learn hard science.

doesn't look much better than the original, but the cpu slots should've been a dead giveaway. I'm just now surprised by anything after seen the kosher switch and Hole Technology.

That's a single CPU, Threadripper. Thats the point of the edit.

Android Studio and Firefox. Mostly Firefox.

no, this is a thread ripper

But why?

Developers will quickly push to stop supporting older versions of windows, so then everyone will have to get Windows 10, because one of their important programs fail to operate

Here is my toaster and I had a problem recently, my GPU was a GTX 950, bought it last year around December, a few days ago I was playing certain games (Styx:MoS, OW and HotS to name the culprints) and suddenly my screen went black, then back on, got the "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" error, I couldn't find any solution, first I checked the drivers, used the latest, fail, rolled back to the oldest possible, fail, cleaned the rig and added new thermal paste to the GPU, fail, reinstalled Windows, fail, reinstalled Styx, fail, so then I decided to buy this RX 560 to be able to work on stuff.

I was kind of worried since the 950 didn't use PSU connections, only 75W provided by the PCIe port, since I felt it may have been an overheating issue of sorts I went for the current one I have which actually connects to the PSU.

I still have the 950 sitting on its box, the weird thing is, so far it only failed when I was playing those games, never occurred to me to test with some other games I had installed.

The RX 560 didn't fail with Styx in the last level (which gave me a crash after the whole reinstall thing), any advice?

nigger your "toaster" is just as good as my rig that I had just upgraded yesterday I'm at work atm, so I'll post the speccy shot later

What did you spend on that upgrade, 100$? That's a 560 you're looking at, it's a different chip than the 570/580, it's the 1050Ti of AMD GPUs.

a total of around $150-180: new MB, new RAM, new intel CPU (I should've gone with AMD)

If you bought anything but the Pentium G4560, send that shit back and buy a Ryzen 3

Also coffee lake is right around the corner and it's the first real step up from Intel in a million years, what the fuck are you doing nigger

I wanted to, but the waiting period for it to arrive was over a month long, so I got a G4500 instead, it was $10 more.
I'd have to buy a different Mobo too

not following tech news, sue me, I'm the idiot losing money

Not really, they're bumping the core number across all the lineup while keeping the same prices as teh old one (for example the 8600k cost the same as the 7600k but has 6 cores instead of 4) but outside of that it's still about as fast as the equivalent Kaby Lake CPU with the added bullshit of having to rebuy a mobo for a good part of the lineup yet again for no good reason, the one mildly interesting thing is that the 8350k is gonna be less than $200 while delivering the same performance as a current 7600k and without needing an upgraded mobo for some reason.

At least you got a good Intel. Can you send it back? If not it's not as bad as i thought.

Im talking about bang-for-buck, not IPC gains. Obviously nothing happened in that department as usual, still it's a very nice new release. Mfw having three autistic friends shilling Ryzen all day, but staying strong and waiting to buy 8700K that stomps their CPUs in every way

It's an online store, I don't know, I don't have many experiences with them. And why bother, really? The differences are minimal and yeah, G4560 is cheaper and better (hyperthreading, h265 10bit encoding, DDR2400), but I was so fucking tired of my now-old pc crashing all the time. Playing vidya was a gamble to see how long it'll last this time 'round: will it be a whopping half hour or will it crash while loading the first screen?
I wanted- nay, I NEEDED this.

Coffee lake i3s are quadcores and faster than the 7700K in leaked benchmarks, and there will be three new Pentium models as well. Launch is next month.

And how much would it cost?
archive.is/HLpsI
I thought it was 11th, considering G4500 is 9th and G4560 is 10th

In single threaded synthetic benchmarks
Which is to say it has almost no real world relevance.

They're good for dorfan

Doesn't that also have the Xlake bug where newer intel CPUs are actually slower than Haswell?
Shit seems insanely common in older programs.

Lets see how fucked up this is
[code]
██████████████████ ████████
██████████████████ ████████ OS: Manjaro 17.0.3 Gellivara
██████████████████ ████████ Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.13.0-1-MANJARO
██████████████████ ████████ Uptime: 6h 41m
████████ ████████ Packages: 1465
████████ ████████ ████████ Shell: bash 4.4.12
████████ ████████ ████████ Resolution: 1920x1080
████████ ████████ ████████ DE: KDE 5.37.0 / Plasma 5.10.5
████████ ████████ ████████ WM: KWin
████████ ████████ ████████ WM Theme: Maia
████████ ████████ ████████ GTK Theme: Maia [GTK2/3]
████████ ████████ ████████ Icon Theme: maia
████████ ████████ ████████ Font: Noto Sans Regular
████████ ████████ ████████ CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 8x 4.2GHz [27.8°C]
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM: 9088MiB / 32139MiB
[code]

[10]/[/10]

Wait, so you mean the RX560 is an upgrade from a GTX950 and not a small downgrade?

You don't have to rub it in user

Blew an Assload of money on this in 2012. Upgraded from a gtx 680 to an r9 390 because it was on sale and I could still afford it. One of my monitors shit the dick so now I'm using an old HP as my 2nd (not half bad tho). Nabbed 8GB of ram to help a brother out (Now I'm at 24). Got Windows 10 Pro for free from a pirated copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, then went into the Group policy editor and disabled everything manually and with software, and I honestly feel bad for people who payed for it. Last but not least, I upgraded my 3820 to a xeon because they went down to next to nothing on Ebay, which was super nice.

Not quite, that was not meant literally. I was saying that it is an entirely different chip that only shares the name of the series, unlike the 1060 and 1070 who are just cut down 1080s.
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-950-vs-AMD-RX-560/3510vs3926

OK, I was just wondering, I will upgrade to 1070-1080 eventually, as long as those can use PSU energy because I still can't trust those 75W cards anymore.

pic related is the rig I was talking about.
Don't understand why RAM is said to be operating at 1064 MHz when the box says 2400. I know my CPU only supports 2166, but still, what the fuck.

1064 is the internal frequency while 2400/2166 is the effective frequency (because DDR = double data rate)

I just noticed something else, I have a pentium, not an i5, what is going on?

CPU is OC'd to 4.3 GHz. I also have a DVD-RW drive but it's not plugged in.

You can read HDD failure rate statistics on Backblaze. Prior to last year they've shown generally high Seagate failure rates but it seems that has changed. Also when I first built this PC, I had a WD Blue 1TB that locked it up sometimes on startup from the first month. I didn't realize it was the HDD until I noticed it wasn't being recognized by Windows at times. I haven't had any issues with my Seagates, but it's probably luck of the draw for the most part with any of the big brands.

Anything you Guys think I should work on. I mainly use it for gaming and having 300 tabs open in firefox.