metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/M4_Custom

counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/AK-47

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Pancor_Jackhammer
imfdb.org/wiki/FAMAS
imfdb.org/wiki/FN_P90
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōdachi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I still really love seeing the M16/M4 if they're free of tactical attachments and an optic with the carry handle still present.

How is Kalashnikov being overused?

Spas-12. I don't hate the weapon, but it's used in too many games.
Also, Glocks. Unless they're full auto, they're pretty boring.

I like the M16a1. The triangle handguard, blocky stock and and the lack of full auto makes it more interesting to me than the modern variants.

All I want to do is turn my enemies into a mist of blood and guts, is that so hard to ask?

imfdb.org/wiki/Pancor_Jackhammer
Considering the gun was only ever a prototype, that's plenty. There's a lot of prototype guns that I'm pretty sure have never been featured.

Did you mean the opposite? The A1 was semi/full auto. The only 'modern' version of the M16 that also did this was the A3. But yeah, the A1 style is extremely aesthetic, the smaller magazine looks neat too.

I thought they issued the A1 in Vietnam and removed the full auto function to make soldiers conserve ammo. Same with the magazine being a much smaller capacity.
My mistake if I got it wrong.

These

I just want to go full slav

Silent Storm Sentinels.

it's is in the 1st silent storm too?!

Vietnam era rifles were full auto; the A2 brought in later introduced three round burst, in place of full auto. Then, the A3 went back to full auto and the current A4 standard went back to three round burst. The A3's railed upper(removable carry handle) was its major contribution over the A2. 20 round mags were a bit of the old battle rifle standards and functional questions with 30 rounders; during Vietnam it became clear that volume was more important than a slightly better prone profile and the 30 round design was proven reliable, so the 20 was ditched for a better standard.

Nope. SS takes place in '43 and SSS in '46 hence AK and TKB. And just a heads up: both appear pretty late in the game. AK comes with a Soviet engineer (I think he the most expensive one) and TKB can be bought from the shop, but I might be wrong, haven't played them in a while.

This motherfucker. I'm fucking tired of it. Stop using this pile of dogshit you massive fucking retards! There are better handguns out there!

I agree, would really like to see the CZ 75 get some more love.

I'll always think the baretta is a handsome gun, granted i've never shot one in real life there's just something i like about it aesthetically over those new and hip handguns with shorter barrels

It's only featured in games because it looks cool.

M1911

It's annoying as fuck to disassemble.

Why the fuck do devs do this? The pump function is for breaching doors and firing less lethal rounds. Is is that hard to put a real pump only shotty in the game? Surprised /k/ never freaks out about that trope.

Also
CS:GO is fucking cancer.

Pistols are fucking shit, there needs to be more of these.

pump action is a feature on spas12? I never knew about that, how does that work?

muh balance
muh kewl design

That triggers me too. Isn't Mac 10 supposed to be 1100-1300 rpm or some shit? It's the deadliest smg ever produced.

My guess its a semiautomatic that loads a new round with the gasses from the first shell used to power the mechanism. Less than lethan rounds usually have less charge than normal rounds so it might not be enough to cycle properly meaning you need to pump it yourself.

What would be really amazing to see would be a game with a Spas-12 where you can actually toggle it between pump action and semi-auto.

balance reasons once again, i think in Siege the smg-11 (its just the mac10) has 1000+RPM but they only give you 15round mags because of that, so you burn the whole whole thing with a half click, you used to be able to put a fucking acog scope on it too

Far Cry 2 and Rainbow Six 3/Vegas macs are very likely the most realistic representation of a mac in any video game.

That would be really nice but sadly I don't think such a game exists.

Reminds me alot of the mac from RS3. You could have one as a primary which had a 30 round mag and a stock and one as a sidearm with a 16 round mag and no stock. At least they kept the fucking firing rate right.

Are you retarded?

No it doesn't.

Are you retaded?

I belive 007 The World Is Not Enough on N64 and PS1 has a Spas lookalike that does both pump and semi-auto.

Macs aren't good for single shots or accurate 2-3 round bursts, but it's actually pretty controllable in full auto, especially with the huge suppressor attached. The gun probably holds up better than MP5 in full auto. Those games aren't accurate because the spread goes really nuts unlike in real life, and no one in their right mind would bother to use Macs without the suppressor.

Modern crossbows in games set in current year or in the future.

Fiction is supposed to reflect reality, not the other way around.

Fictions can reflect anything it feels like. It's made up.

Hell, we need more games with the Colt Python or Anaconda…or the Smith and Wesson Model 29…or better yet, go full Bronson and have the Wildey

Then why are most games using existing weapon models instead of those totally made up? Disregarding the licensing issues that often prevent using their original names.

I'm so fucking sick of seeing the Kalashnikov SMG. It's always the bad-guy counterpart of the mp5.

That's technically a rifle carbine, not an smg

Dude, those are pleb shit. Do you even know the Bulldog? It packs some serious punch for the weight.

And as for magnums, we need more .50.

That was sort of part of the point I wanted to make. The AK-74u is not only overused, the Devs often times go full retard put into the SMG category even though its only an AK-74 with a shorter barrel and different sights.

Wow, middle eastern christians are just as shitty as the muslims.
Why haven't we glassed that whole part of the world along with Israel?

???
Wearing masks (in a place where opposition groups will kill you if they knew who you were) and shooting/holding guns doesn't make you shitty. If so, we need to kill: Americans, Canadians, Mexicans, Colombians, Frenchies, Germans, Slavs, Taigs, Ulstermen, Israelis, and loads more. Surely your criteria are too broad.

imfdb.org/wiki/FAMAS
imfdb.org/wiki/FN_P90
These two piles of shit.

Any games with reloadable cap and ball revolvers?

/k/ spergs are pathetic in so many hilarious ways.

This is the real reason every subsequent SR sucks.

Closest I've seen was in this game.

All of them.

I FUCKING HATE CROSSBOWS WHY DO NORMALFAGS LIKE THEM SO MUCH? THEY ARE FUCKING SHIT IN GAMES AND THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME AND THEY ARE ALL 1-SHOT KILL AND FUCKING BORING

WHY DOES EVERY CURRENT DAY GAME ADD THESE FUCKING CROSSBOWS? WE DONT WANT CROSSBOWS! EVEN METRO™ ADDED A FUCKING CROSSBOW LIKE WHAT THE FUCK WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

okay in metro the crossbow made sense because you could steal the ammo back after using it and that was very good in-setting

Shit taste

It's really not in a lot, though, it should be in more

weren't these supposed to be the GUN OF THE FUTURE that our armed forces were supposed to get? what happened to that

Technically very overused

Fishgun for retards who don't realize that all HK managed to do was fuck up the AR-18 every bit as much as the bongs. This shit was in fucking practically every mil shooter between '00-'10. It's a retarded G36K, which makes it a double retard.

that few? I didn't know that, they must be insanely expensive now

They can easily go for over $100k+ in auctions.

wow that's nuts. I always learn so much in these gun threads

They weighted more than a small moon despite being made of "Muh Polymers"

G36 is also a very overused gun which is often portrayed as some sort of advanced rifle.

It was crap. The army had to rig tests to make it not seem better, but then the LMG variant (really an IAR) tried to take the shooter's arm off. It was a terrible design that was made ridiculous by rails and the fact that designers pulled their collective heads out of their asses vis a vis carry handles.

over $20,000

Have they really gone up that much these days? There not that special, especially when that's AT gun money.

thanks for the info. It seems that every time some one tries to shake up the assault rifle concept it just falls on its ass and everyone goes back to m16/m4

its like luxury cars at that point, if you spend all that money on it are you going to want to actually go drive it or shoot it

*make it seem better than the M4a1

*They're
FUGG.

Is that the game where you time travel but all the enemies are horribly underpowered since you start off with an automatic weapon?

Not according to call of duty. Even battlefield correctly lists it as a carbine.

The real problem is that most Euro designs are just repackaged AR-18s: SA-80/L-85, G36, AUG, and more. Designers mostly play with the gas system on new designs and then fuck up everything else; either use the AR-15 charging handle/dust cover system or use a fucking reciprocating charging handle ffs. The FAMAS might be shitty, but at least it's different. The FN2000 uses the same action, but is really different and interesting.For a boat

The way things are going. That will probably be the new call of duty or battlefield game one day.

Just because it's the most built doesn't mean that it should be in every game.

Not enough, you mean. The sword is the Hyperborean weapon per excellence.

although i know its shitty, i love using it in games because i think it looks so cool

i meant to greentext FAMAS, fn2000 looks silly

Shame, the FN2000 is more interesting. If they redesigned the plastic shell. It would look so much better, 100 hrs in paint related.

Guy is a gun-grabber, because he fears to do a shootout.

Is there any game with this little toy?

Approximately five existed and only the tech demo exist now.

Only in Sentinels.

Should I play 7.62 High Caliber or jump straight into Hard Life?

Depends, are you looking for fun. If so then jump right into Hard Life.

nice shitpost

Hard Life is a straight upgrade

Kalashnikov is fine cyka.

7.62 thread?

The FAMAS design is great for a service rifle. It's probably the best "mass issued to a conscript army" weapon.
-easy to pack in vehicles for rapid exits/enter (like a M-4, not like a M-16. It's as small as a M-4 with the stock fully retracted).
-can be use in CQC (like a M-4, not like a M-16, can full auto for instinctive shooting at short range like all proper CQC weapon).
-Meant for saturation use by default + bipod for firing from a fixed position (conscript aren't trained enough to shot while moving), with a very high RoF ensuring fairly tight bursts, mathematically raising hit probability (look up why there is a burst mode on rifles).
-develop enough energy to make 5.56mm yaw properly up to 600m (like a M-16, not like a M-4) and is fairly accurate in single shot at such distance (built in bipod + free floating barrel), come with x4 (1 every 4 soldiers) and x8 scopes (rarer).
-Provide more ammo than standard (25 rds, VS 20 for M-16A1 and FAL/G3 that were the standard).
-Can use heavy rifle grenades both directly (no need for carrying LAW) and indirectly (no use for 60mm mortar).
-Very reliable design, basically impossible for mud/shit to get in the gun.
-Lightest rifle for a good long while due to use of advanced polymer/fiber glass everywhere it could (back when everyone was using mostly steel).
-Great balance, good ergonomics for it's time (provisions to use it heavy winter/NRBC gloves, can drop mags using off hand for quicker mag change, proper cheek rest, 3 point sling -possibly invented, certainly the first type mass issued-, etc…)
It's biggest con is the carry handle and the built in sights… but that's 100% the M-16 bad influence (same for the G-36, L85, etc). Then small shit like the lack of captive pins and what not…
Go ahead and look up what was designed in the 70's…

Current FAMAS have bad rep in the french army because they literally stopped making them in 1994 (the rifles are older than the soldiers), are Mk.1 (never got any sort of upgrade in between first design and 2010) and have been living from the stockpile ever since, reliability is a lottery depending of the level of care of previous users and they've been some obvious advances, especially in ergonomics since the gun was designed (nearly 50 years ago).
Nearly all other rifles of the same era have been either discarded completely or have been through at least 3 major upgrades to fix their initial flaws.
Meanwhile the FAMAS F1, the rifle in NATO seeing the most use after M16/M4 given how regularly the french army is deployed to keep niggers in line in Africa is basically the same as the first day it hit the armories.

It's not the BEST RAIFUUU EVAAAAARRR but it's a serious attempt, had they kept seriously working on it and updating it, it could seriously have been.

Are we overdue?
We are overdue.

Aren't FAMAS notorious for exploding in peoples faces?

Thank yoi

What kind of knife is that?

With sandnigger made ammo, yes.
There was never such incidents with french steel-cased ammo (which they stopped making any decades ago) or even good quality brass-cased ammo.
At some point they ordered some batch of sub-par ammo from UAE because of a political deal made with very loose Q/C. It stopped happening the minute they changed ammo supplier.
Import from third world countries -> import third world problems.

The FAMAS can't shoot standard NATO ammo due to barrel twist rate and the extraction is violent enough to rip case heads clean off. Its why France buys norchinko steel cased 5.56.

This is not a sword.

Why are you so dishonest?

I'd like a game with a Spas-12 that can switch between pump and auto mode so that you have to use the former to stun certain enemies with pepper spray rounds that can only be cycled with manual action and also use the latter so you can dual-wield two of them with the hooks at the ends of the folding stocks.

But, more so, I would like a game that has a SPAS-15, Catamount Fury, or even an H&R Topper.

Is that an AKS-70… For me?

How about common as fuck guns that are never in video games? M&P series pistols are in like 4 games despite including the best selling handgun in the US and having a significant portion of the marketshare in American police departments.

It's because shotgun blanks can't function in semi-auto shotguns. Game devs just copy movies because they're all in no-funs commiefornia.

A Fistful of Frags.

And the fact that even the good ones need steel cased ammo to work.

they can if you put a blank adapter in; but since commiefornia is no-funz, I don't expect them to know that

Fucking pleb.

A big one

You can't share ammo with burgers or britcucks, it's the same caliber, but it doesn't work well if the tip isn't light and the case is made out of steel.

Also it's just a fucking 12 gauge shotgun, it's not special. It just looks weird.

True, I pretty much stopped giving a fuck about it when I discovered there were full auto shotguns with bigger drum mags.

No, it's still a rifle. True saturation is left to belt-feds with heavier barrels, open bolt to boot.
20 inch barrels don't allow 5.56 to yaw, that'd be 5.45, they develop the energy for the thin jacketed projos to fragment. With proper projo selection/cartridge loading it is quite possible to improve well beyond the M193 standard out of 14" barrels.
Only the A1 used 20rds, the M16 series was using 30rds as standard when the FAMAS was using 25rds. The french only fairly recently brought the stanag mag well FAMAS into major deployment.
Yeah, just watch a video of some poor sod launching a rifle grenade from a FAMAS. There's a reason that muzzle launched grenades fell out of favour when 7.62 Nato went out the door. Spigot mortars are better for most jobs.
The lever delay action needs to be very violent to maintain reliability, thereby shredding cases, and it is no better sealed than AR-18 patterns.
sure, except for how the selector is set up.
No, if any AR is responsible it'd be the early AR-10 with top charging handle. Because you need the access to the charging handle, on a fucking gun you can't really use lefty, there has to be a raised carry handle/rail. The G-36 is the same because they used a retarded top charging handle, but the SA-80/L-85 doesn't need a carry handle and as standard ditches the handle for an Eclan. The FAMAS, and the G-36K, have height over bore issues with separate optics. pic related.

The FAMAS could be further improved, but why bother? The lever delayed action isn't going to be better than roller-delay or rotational bolt designs. France should swallow their Gallic pride and co-design a rifle with FN, using the SCAR as the basis.

Automatic rifles and pistols as side arms.
I wish death to them.

They told FN to take a powder, they're adopting the 416 after some trials.

If the rumors are true. The French government trying to back out of HK contract.

What's with japan and giant swords?

They shot M193, they can't shot SS103 because the NATO standard was set AFTER the FAMAS came out and the only 5.56 in use back then was M193.
No mass upgrade means no upgrades. Ever gun that get re-barreled (because of old age) get a barrel with twist rates to stabilize both (1:7 instead of 1:10), but by default the french ammo is still M193, because the stockpile is so old most of them are probably re-barreled by now, so it should work, but "by default" they can't.

No it need ammo to actually be set at NATO pressure standard for 5.56 brass. Cheap as dirt 5.56 doesn't feed reliably (dangerously even), but properly made 5.56 brass case feed reliably. Current famas either use leftover french steel cased ammo or a mix of bras-cased from IMI and Federal. The real problem is there is A LOT of ammo makers, supposedly making "Mil-spec" ammo that really aren't.

From 1991 to 1997 FN belonged to the French state (well to a state controlled french military industry conglomerate).
That's when they decided to close most small arms plants and not make the MLU (G2, which doesn't exist outside of the navy) of the FAMAS, mainly because FN batshit insane management, that is still ongoing and had already drove them to bankruptcy in 1991 (Wallonia parliament take all the board decisions, even if they have like 2% of the shares) drove GIAT (today KNDS) to basically say "FUCK SMALL ARMS" and basically sell/close everything related instead of consolidating a serious group around MAS/MAB/FN/Luchaire as they wanted.
The smart move was attempted. But very dumb people made sure it didn't go well.

And it's Germany that wins in the end…

Huge weapons are badass user, simple as that.

Surprised pic related has not been mentioned yet.

Don't even go there man.

Underrated post, and now I need the one with the 4 game guns and a Dyson, guess which one is the Dyson.

Someone made an informative post about this a while ago, basically they grossly exaggerated Western stuff. What says too. Realism be damned sometimes.

How did a prototype manage to become the most widely spread weapon in the world?

Pick your poison then.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōdachi
How does it feel to be wrong?

Clearly I was talking about all of his pictures and not the two fucking retarded ones.

>There's a picatinny rail attached to the gun's underbarrel picatinny rail
Valve has the worst fucking taste in firearms, I swear.

That actually gives me an idea for a thread at some point.

I'm more pissed off when I find a crossbow and notice how I only have like 5 bolts for it so obviously I keep hoarding the gun forever or perhaps use it in some boss fight at the end only to realize it's fucking useless and you can't get ammo for it anywhere.

Ye ask and ye shall recieve

Firearms don't get nerfed irl by an autistic developer.

Then again, CSGO despite it's theme is extremely unrealistic with it's gunplay, and said gunplay is pretty shit. It's handling of the weapons in the game is equally as ridiculous. See MAC-10 with it's firerate being literally half of what it really fires. Valve is terrible at balancing.

CS:GO's theme is Counter-Strike. The game is very heavily abstracted from the whole terrorists VS counter-terrorists thing, to the point where it might as well be a paintball match.
The Mac-10 currently has a fire rate of 800rpm in CS:GO, and is supposedly chambered in .45 ACP. the IRL Mac-10 fires at about 1000rpm when chambered in .45 ACP. It's close enough
True, but I dont see what that has to do with the Mac-10's representation in the game.

Wait is that…
Doesn't it also have really high penetration power, in game?
Does no one know how Hollow Point works?

The closest one would be pic related in Blacklight: Retribution

arma 3

That thing needs to return to its home planet and die on the way there.

Is this accent real? I thought it was merely a lark. Why to numales sound like this?

What is the bottom one in that pic supposed to be?

Estrogen.

why is everyone in this thread such a no-guns normalfag
god , just burn yourselves alive
"HURR WHY WOULD A POPULAR DESIGN BE IN EVEREEH GAYM ? HURRRRRR"

Looks like Mateba MT1.

Why do no-vidya normalfags come to Holla Forums?

It has to do with the fact that the fire rate is halved for "balance" purposes destroying any point of it being in the game other than "muh aesthetic" and "muh weapon skinz durr" And trust me, its like firing a piss weak ar15 with shit accuracy and recoil and not a real MAC. 800 compared to 1000 is a big difference.

red faction did it, but not specifically with a spas-12. that game was pretty /k/ looking back

the export only versions of the A4 are semi/full auto

are you saying you wouldnt want to run around as a korean tranny midget with blue hair in a gray confederate uniform shooting people?

who are these fucking weirdos who go around dumping their gun in mud?

first off, pretty much every post WW2 gun design is made with extremely tolerances around the bolt, both the AKM and AR15/M16/M4 fail when mud gets into the Trigger group, not the actual action

surrrrre

IRL its a great gun to buy, $7 magazines! and it has almost the same action as the walther P38

I had a ruger P-89, a berretta is easier to field strip, only hard for complete disassembly

Nigger, what drug are you smoking, tell me, so I can get that fucking high

What's so special about that gun?

MGS V

IRL, or ingame?

Considering that the actual real one that all the vidya ones are based off of has to be completely disassembled just to reload, you have a fixed number of shots before you have to toss your prototype in the garbage.

Fucking faggot

Pic related

It's a le edgy not-revolver meme

New game coming soon "War of Rights" has that.

Do the Russians even use it in real life?

/thread

Doesn't help that they fucking break every MP game they're in.
The only time I've thought it was good was HL2DM

Arma 2 has a mod that include AEK-971 (+ the other variation) and it takes into account the anti-recoil system, making it a super fun full auto weapon especially with extended mags.

Battlefield also has it but it's fucking shit in there, just a reskin all their weapons are the same.

I believe certain branches of the police there use it.

Crossbow are put into games by devs that wanted to have a regular bow but couldn't be asked to code and/or animate drawing mechanics or even non-hitscan projectiles if they're especially lazy.
Sage for double post.

1911 is superior in every way except magazine size anyway.

I wonder why this thread is always on top? Today, week, month ago? Whole idea of it is pretty stupid. If game is somewhat realistic it's supposed to use real-life guns. And those like it or not are mass produced. I know how tempting it may seem to give US marines or their Russian/Chinese/Middle Eastern enemies some kind of custom blunderbuss, but it would get old just as fast.

Have you ever played a single video game?

his face is the best

I think your AK has autism, Dmitri.

So basically it's shit. Yeah beretta is also shit but a little less so.

Nigger if the weight of a pistol + a bunch of spare mags is too much for you I don't know how you wear clothing

It is not a tiny magazine. It is a big bullet.

stop

Right! ISRAEL INDUSRTIES DE is masta race!
Why do people make something other than that!

Hey man the Bizon looks fucking retarded, but it's adorable.

speaking of guns with little-to-no recoil. are there any games that have an AK 107?

It's hard to tell in Russia, but when they used it, they didn't really use the helical magazine it's famous for.

Really wish there was games with Stoner63, while taking advantage of its modularity. Barely any games takes advantage of modularity or without going full retard.

Too bad most people want high-recoil to have a better "feel". Most games will mostly feature AKM, 47, 74 or prototype AK12 instead of almost any 100's series AK.

don't ever let anyone tell you that birdshot can't be used to remove jamal

STALKER mods

I think arma 2

Because Japan has always had big-fuck-off swords.
Too bad we have too many games with AK's, M16's, RPG's, etc. Need more games with revolvers, lever-action guns, like unique and absurd weapons.

Not only that but the M&P is easily the most handsome full-sized handgun on the market.

No it's not. It's a runner up, but it's not the most.

You wanna talk about guns that get no love.

What about Killing Floor 2?

download links for hard life here

only time I had fun playing COD was running around with magnums with the dual wield perk and rushing people

Because they're unimaginative with the shooting genre. And fps games aren't nearly most games.

And the only game that I know of that has it is that fun flash shoot em up, Thing Thing 4. What a shame. It's such an awesome gun

Metro having a crossbow makes sense, though. In a realm of scarcity, a weapon with a chance to recover your ammunition is vital.

A-am I in heaven?

none of those games are good though