ITT: Shit you love in vidya

Alternatively

his theme plays again when you play as said former protagonist to beat the shit out of the other playable characters

Man I love it when the dev decides that everything should be destructible in most scenarios.

alternatively

Nothing can beat this. Prove me wrong.

There, I proved you wrong, now give me some well-earned (You)s :^)

Probably my favorite thing in games is climactic scenes or boss fights with vocals sung by the character themselves. Disgustingly few examples of this.

That's the only thing that makes me happy anymore. I used to still support Jap devs until they decided to embrace Denuvo as their savior against their piracy paranoia.

lol you fucking retard

Great games put too much pressure on the developer and make other game developers feel inadequate.

8/10 > 10/10

Yakuza 5 was so good

I love time travel puzzles where you have to alter the past to progress in the future. There's one in Chrono Trigger where a guy finds the Sun Stone you left in the Sun Keep back in the Prehistoric Era and now he won't give it to you, so you have to go back in time, share some jerky with one of his ancestors, who then passes down the value of sharing through her bloodline which results in the guy in the present becoming really generous and giving you back the Stone.

wat gaem?

looks like silent storm

There was a cool level in Dishonored 2 of all games that did that. You would have to travel between the present and past to get around and find things. Present is ruined, decrepit, consumed by nature. Past is all pristine and nice, but guards are everywhere.

Game?

Probably Dark Messiah.

This

That's what happened to kingdoms of amalur dev.

Okay user, here (You) go.

Speaking of Yakuza

Silent building leveling: calm before the Storm edition.
Superior tictacs game where you can shoot at a position enemy was last at, frag grenades obliterate whoever is in their radius, Misses aren't binary magic "either hits or goes into void" so missing one dude means you can actually hit his friend.
Features both Allies and Axis campaigns
Interrupt mechanics are ebin, because it allows certain units to act when it's not their turn, i once had a situation when i interrupted an enemy to get a shot, then another enemy interrupted my interrupt, which was again interrupted by my sniper.
Downside is, turns take a lot of time at the start because all enemy AI units need to move in real time