Underrated vidya

Alright faggots I've played some classic shit and some modern shit, give me some underrated vidya to play that has been obscured by time.

Things like Freespace, Sacrifice, Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2, Rune, Gurumin, Black & White.

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/game/shadow_man
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8934537/Shadow_Man_[Version_2.0.0.4][GOG]
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

I got you fam.

Here, have a real one:
gog.com/game/shadow_man
thepiratebay.org/torrent/8934537/Shadow_Man_[Version_2.0.0.4][GOG]

Also consider Clive Barker's Undying, Gothic 1/2, and Severance.

Legend of Dragoon.
Plok

Umihara Kawase.

T-thanks
already on my to play list though aside Plok

Rengoku on the PSP. It's "sci-fi souls with robots" before souls even came out. Shame the PS3 entry got cancelled.

Don't actually play Plok.
I could never get past the lip-head guys, my brother would beat the game.
Actually yeah play Plok.

I wanna lick your nipples.

A trilogy of first-person shooters made by Bungie before they were shit. They're essentially Doom clones where you fight ayy lmaos who have boarded your colony ship and are trying to enslave you. It's notable for having an actual fucking storyline and a really good one at that. The gameplay resembles a more shmup-ish variant of Doom where you find yourself dodging loads of projectiles more often. Shit gets really trippy with cosmic horrors and time travel in the third game. It can be played on modern PCs with the Aleph One sourceport, make sure you copy a script which increases your FoV, else you're bound to get motion sickness.
It's fucking Doom but in true 3D where you pilot a ship through space mazes and are able to move in every direction. Enemies come in many variants and have some fucking intelligence, they can actually dodge your shots and can lead their shots in the second game. Most of your weapons are projectile-based as well, so you need to learn to lead your shots while being able to dodge in incredibly narrow passages. It's right fucking hard because of the tight level design and unpredictable enemy AI, moreso than any other first-person shooter at the time, especially when played on Insane. Controls are smooth as a loli's chest and features a kick-ass industrial soundtrack. Best played with the D1X/D2X sourceport.
Remember those sidescrolling mech run 'n gun games like Metal Warriors and Assault Suit Valken? Gigantic Army is pretty much a homage to that and isn't all that impressive music or visual-wise, but the gameplay and stage design are solid as all fucking hell. The scoring system couldn't be any simpler: clear the level as fast as possible while taking as little damage as possible. You get thrusters, air hovering abilities, a pilebunker, and a shield to mess shit up. Best played on Insane for the best experience.
A 3D SHMUP where you pilot a mech and is quite similar to Einhänder in terms of gameplay. You can have two weapons equipped at any time, and have a third stored as back-up. The challenge is to find the right weapon for the right situation, and being able to switch and pick-up the right weapons while shooting and dodging bullets. Level design is more old-school in the sense that there are less bullets but more hazards to dodge. The scoring system encourages you to use as many weapons as possible for maximum point gain, which in turn gives you more lives. You also get a special ability which turns you briefly invincible, and also adds a score multiplier which increases the closer the ability is about to run out. The graphics and music are top-tier. The guy who made Ikaruga actually worked on this.

What the fuck does that mean?

You have to be over 18 years of age to post here.

Been playing pic related recently and finding it pretty neat, to the point it seems a shame the game seems like it was never given much of a chance back in the day, and doesn't seem to have much, if anything, in the way of fans to this day.

Just felt like an excuse to repost this.

Was playing this for a while. It aint bad.

playing this is essential

Dizzy in general is just weird as fuck and probably the grandaddy of all colelctathon platformers unless you count Pitfall.

Reminder that Wonderland Dizzy was officially released for free a few years back after the devs found an old floppy with it on it and did some bugfixing.

Zone of the Enders 1 & 2 (PS2)

Also Rengoku 2 is way better.

How readily playable are they without knowing moon?

ZOE1 sucks donkey dick. ZOE2 is good, though.

Is there something I'm missing with Shadow Man? I never found it to be as good as it's made out to be, and it's on a bunch of recommended lists, at least the extended ones. Gothic II is GOAT though.

If you like ridiculous 90s fmv point and click games return to zork is great. The Mac version of the game is superior though because quick time.
Don't know if I'd count Snatcher and Devil Daggers as really obscure, but I still feel like adding them. Magic pengel is great too.

Thread is for underrated games not overrated.

WHY

What other version is there?

saturn

If you like JRPGs, it's not really obscure since the 3rd game has been out on 3DS, but 7th Dragon and 7th Dragon 2020 have fan translations into English and are pretty solid. Just beat 2020 on easy because fuck needing to grind in about 25 hours. I've heard the original is far more difficult and it has 3x as many dragons to kill in throughout the game, so take that for what you will. I'm hoping the person that did the 2020 translation does 2020-II, but I won't hold my breath. I will say, it became a slog at the end. At hour 18, I just started mashing turbo in PPSSPP and smacked everything and stopped paying attention. Still a neat game.

Also you should look at playing some Saturn games if you have a decent PC. Mednafen has a working Saturn emulator that's leaps and bounds better than Yabause for accuracy and compatibility. Asuka 120% Limit Over is pretty fun.

Just started up the 3DS game after dropping it for several months. What's your favorite party makeup?

Rock of Ages is a very entertaining game that's equal parts platform racer and tower defense. The maps are broken up into 4 different eras inspired by different examples of art (Greecian Pottery, Rennaisance, Early Romanticism, Rococo). It's about 10 dollars without a discount on Steam and it's a really nice pick up and play game, rounds can go for about 8 minutes at most on the more difficult tracks. I believe the multiplayer is dead, especially now that a sequel is out but I don't know about the quality of that, but I can definitely say this is worth your time if you want to try out a neat little game.

It might also be worth mentioning the entire soundtrack is orchestrated to be based off of classical music with some retooling (Drum line is added when you're steering your boulder, music is sped up when it's the last round) and adds a lot of character to the game.