ITT: Spoil A Game Without Using Names

Have other anons guess what game you're talking about

For courtesy's sake, try to spoiler your answers.

Lisa?

Your son is the villain kill him or nuke boston

you are the villains john

Why is fallout such shit?

San Andreas.

Everybody dies.

Bioshock Infinite. Come on, give us something hard.

Your brother dies then everyone dies then you and your friends might be alive? But at least the world can reset and start again.

nier?

Worms.

mine's not Fallout.

Yeah, that might have been too easy.

Your enemy are moved by your compassion towards your rival and do not fight you. You can restore the world but there's no promise it won't just be destroyed again the same way, or you can continue on and forge a new world for you and your friends.

That's a great answer but no the world resets as a plot point at the end.

The first borderlands

Winner

Half-Life 2

Not the game I was thinking of

Two super-powers fight amongst each other in a war. You discover that it was actually masterminded by a third nation, you stop that nation and make peace between the two super-powers.
Hint: You also destroy a satellite.

correctamundo

Gayloh 2.

Try again. Here's another hint:

Are you referring to the message "To be continued" plastered on the screen, or just a cliff-hanger?

It literally was plastered on the screen.

Yeah well, to be continued describes a lot of shit, why don't you try giving some actual hints.

A group of teenagers break a cup

One of your closest friends dies at the ending cutscene in a gruesome and gory way, adding on to the myriad of reasons why you're fighting in the sequel.

The god talking to you is a fake and a liar, and the entire world is a simulation to test whether you (and others) are sentient.

Digital Devil Saga?

Friday the 13th

Enter the Matrix

Final Fantasy VIII

Too vague.

Your shit gets fucked by the ghost of alimony from your dead girlfriend.

Your shit gets unfucked by the ghost of alimony from your still dead girlfriend.

You finally get a new girlfriend but you die. Or did you? Pay $$$ to see the real ending. Or is it?

the you testament

Talos Principle?

Far Cry 3…?

No. They're 3 games in the same series.

No.

Yes.

Here's another hint, you fly planes in the game.

Now I'm curious.

Oh, Dead Space

You niggers need to start spoilering your guesses.

Oh I was just fucking around, but is it Call of Duty Infinity War or whatever? I don't know.

You destroy the ancient evil posessing the girl you started the game to rescue

Ace Combat?

Persona 5 actually

This whole thread is a fucking spoiler, by your logic we should be spoiling the hints. But I ain't spoiling shit.

I especially ain't spoiling that at the end of Fallout 4 you need to either kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

No

Which one?

Correct

No to both

It's Persona 3, isn't it?

Nope.

How is that too vague of a hint? How many games end with you realizing that your character was really in the past for the entire game?

I'm just trying to respect the OP's wishes.
That's an obvious exception.

If you go through the history of games, I'm sure you can find that there are at least a few dozen with such a plot. Time travel is one of the most abused plot devices in video games.

For example, an example of what you just described is Realms of the Haunting, or even Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession.

The cat was a futanari from an alternate dimension the entire time.

Too Human
I'm still sad and mad.

Fire Emblem:Fates?

Hint: It's not the last game in the series

Two different games:
1) Defeating the enemy in your final fight unleashes an endless army of suicidal robots upon the world. You die facing them.

2) You save a world from an evil false king by returning it's rightful ruler. When you return home, your house was stripped bare by burglars.

Fine then:

Here's the second hint for that one ( ):

Maken X

**Saber's Stay Night route?

haha fuck

Not the one I was thinking about.

The Darkness II

Yeah, too easy because I mentioned the witchblade.

Mass Effect 3 Indoctrination Theory

Fucking XCOM 2.

She wasn't the Witchblade, though. She was the Angelus (The other third of the trinity, going by the comic).

Ace combat 5

Ace combat 4

NuPrey?

Etna is neither a little girl, nor is she cute. They should have given us the option to kill her at the beginning of Disgaea, her whole fucking character arc makes me hate her. Fan mod removing Etna when?

Assassin's Creed 3

Nope, I suppose I ought to give a hint.

Any WW2 game

Half-Life 2

A face and a name are the most powerful and vulnerable things a man can possess. Now that everyone knows both you retreat into exile, never to be seen again.

Any Fallout game?

You panicked, jumped into a chest, suffocated and died.

No.

literally XIII

how have you not read the leaked hl3 script???

Dude, I don't know. Is it X?

You are all AIs based off of people known by a girl who was being experimented on in Portland, Oregon. You in particular are based off of a manipulative dick but since she saw you as nice your AI self is a good guy. You and your AI friends manifest into reality and try to take down a dystopian government but all your friends die. Then you fuse with the girl you made you up in the first place and go to the sun. All of your friends are alive in the sun. You fight Brahman in the sun and after defeating it successfully restart the universe.

It's not a script, and it was fanfiction written by Laidlaw. He already said he only posted it in FANFICTION CAPACITY. It also doesn't exist as a game.

If you keep name dropping things it isn't fun.
Digital Devil Saga.

Final Fantasy Tactics?

Ding, ding ding! We have a winner

Definitely fantasy, not Final Fantasy though.

A evil dictator is threatening the world with his army and robots. You and 3 others go try to stop him.

The best part is it's actually good

Metal Slug series

Yep, guess that was too easy.

Guess it's too vague.
Hint: It's the last(?) game in the series

You betray your country to save or not your brother who was helping terrorists to steal a huge glowing jar of super AIDS medicine for a Chinese man who would then make more of it by using the world's biggest 3d printer but the Jews catch on to this plan and you go to france to ask an enlightened nigger scientist how to kill them and while he figures it out you have a conversation with a chatbot about complex religious and ethical concepts that culminate with the chatbot suggesting that you should become god.

God Hand?

Nope.

>MAYBE HE WAS IN A COMA

Deus Ex

Hotline Miami

Definitely not.

you use magic powers your penis gets from fucking lolis to defeat the devil granny

UAB

Nope.

Since apparently underaged b& infest this site, I'll post the answer: Morrowind

Nerevarine is not fucking Jesus, if anything he'd be something more akin to Buddha, since the game blatantly references the Hindu fatih.

Ness is a shitty font :')

Yep

Borderlands: Pre-Sequel

Supreme Commander

A game where Jesus is a spy? Radiant Historia?

no

Aye

I guess I should confirm that you are right.

Explain to me how the Nerevarine is not basically Elven Jesus. Though Morrowind has many Eastern religious references and such, from Hinduism and Buddhism, it also, as I see it, takes a lot from Judaism. The whole Messianic business, the faux-Roman occupation, the corrupt not-Pharisees, the ultimate devilish evil living in a hellish landscape (though that's Christian more than anything else), and so on.

Dark Souls 3?

At first I thought it was Stanley Parable. Now I have no fucking idea.

Yes.

See

Because the Nerevarine wasn't actually a reincarnation of Indoril, he just played pretend so well that the universe thought he was.

That really updated my journal.

I did eventually see that.

How many fucking Half-Life 2 descriptions are we gonna see?

Yeees

I think he was, tbh.
But either way, doesn't that make the whole point moot?

Only if you're the universe.

You're funny, because it's not Half-Life at all.

Gone Homo?

Walking Simulator 2013

That doesn't make sense with the clues retard.

Mansion of Hidden Souls: The Remake
Gone Home

Yeah. Too easy if you know anything about it.

That sounds like Mass Effect… But I could be wrong.

Your favourite book series turned vidya
Witcher?

It barely has any paths to choose tho and isnt very popular anymore.

Nerevarine
Nerevarine works with the Blades.

Your post only proves that you are the retard.

It's not? Color me surprised.

The Walking Dead 'games'?

This is what happens when you set out to make a game about "chaos theory" with no real foresight.

You suck

And you swallow.

He's not Jesus and you're not even a spy. You're the spy's errand boy.
How at all does the nerevarine resemble jesus at all beyond the fact that he died (he wasn't even a martyr) and he was prophesized to return? Because guess what fuckhead like 90% of all religions have that. That's not even specific to Jesus.

Shooting yourself simulator: punk lesbian edition

Can I swallow too

Well between the shitty 3 color ending and the recent shitstorm of andromeda its not even very popular among normalfags. Only neofags like it anymore pretty much.

Sure, knock yourself out.

Is there another edition?

They're making a sequel.

KOTOR 2?

Wow, that's some serious self delusion if they can manage to stomach a wreck even normalfags shit on.

Bionic Commando?

undertale?

I'm well aware of the fact that this covers multiple IPs, but do continue.

not even close baby

Nope

House of the Dead 2

Well sure, but that spinoff is entirely centered around the punk lesbian.

Sounds like SOMA but I feel like I've forgotten most of that game.

Bingo!
Barring the Wii one, this is literally the story.

You understand that they were all joke guesses, right? I think you're a bit too stupid to be here.

DMC Devil May Cry?

Why the fuck do people keep guessing undertale for stuff that sounds nothing like that shitty game? Is this a shitpost style that I have not encountered before or are they retarded?

Why don't you quit trying to egg me into a little retard battle where you can beat me with experience, and actually either guess some games or post some games?

Eternal Darkness?

The Binding of Isaac lore is really stupid GAY THEORY level stuff.

I'm not the one who got mad for logically being called retarded for saying something retarded. I'm not egging you into anything, you wanted your retard battle and you won it

Asura's Wrath.

Nope

No one gonna guess these?

Psy ops

Wolfenstein Jew World Order?

Terraria

The Mystery of the Druids?

Got it!

Devil May Cry 3 Also lol at the boxart comparison, totally accurate.
Supreme Commander/Forged Alliance
Uh this could be a few games, including some of the grand strats

Nope

The enemy that forced you to reverse engineer their tech and advance your tech to be powerful enough to fight them is from the future and came back in time to stop you from gaining said tech that was used to nearly destroy them by your descendants until the enemy did the same thing you did to advance their tech. The whole situaion is likely a loop though is never acknowledged to be one.

Every major character with a speaking role (except one fat fuck) is motivated by loss. One seeks revenge for his loss, one is overprotective as she lost someone close, one is greiving and nihilistic after losing someone important, the rival seeks power by any means to get some closure and revenge from losing nearly everything, even the enemies are all after vengence and preventing their loss. The main character turned his traumatic loss into something healthy, a drive and motivation to help and teach others.

Pathologic

The Wonderful 101

Good taste.

Fucking wut.

There's no fucking lore on any level like that to Terraria that makes you some chosen one, what the fuck?

Yep!

Right on with the first answer

Divine Cybermancy?

Wait sorry I didn't read the rest of the post before answering, every one but the last one is correct

Correct

>you kill her and an alien tweaks her universe remaking algorithm just enough that there are no more dragons in the remade universe and your best friend remembers you even though her existence literally depended on the existence of dragons in the first place

Monster Island?

*Monster girl Island

Wolfenstein 2007?

older than that by over a decade.

Disgaea?

Bunny Must Die: Chelsea & the 7 Devils?

Is it a newgrounds flash game?

It not any of the Wolfensteins
Hint colors are a major theme and their developers went bankrupt more than a decade ago.

I forgot the ending though, it's been too long.

Red Alert

I don't know what that game is, but it sounds fucking hilarious.

Applies to any Japanese game, Swedish if you skip Lucifer.

What do the swedes have against Lucifer?

pokemon

Two Worlds?

Punching god in the face applies to any JRPG, punching not God and Lucifer isn't that common.

I don't even need to tell you that you're right, but I will anyway.

Action Man?

What is a man?

High Tail Hall 2. I'm ashamed that I even know this.

I know I'm late but fuck it
Its Mother 3

heh. is there any iteration in the series that doesn't describe? have the new ones broken from that formula?

Bingo!
As a birtbong, I fucking lived Action Man as a Child, and his vidya is fucking amazing, even the cereal box CD games which I need to get again because one had sweet-ass print out fold with paper CD gear that I despartely want.

His fucking Videogames are the tits man, I wish I still had them, I owoned like 4 in my time, and his TV show was fucking amazing (The 3D one, the one with the live action intro was never on at the right time for me to watch as a kid)

I don't know, to be honest, I haven't played a new Pokemon game since Emerald.

King's Field
C'mon son. Step it up.

Most of them take an hour before they even get to that part now.

Naw it's Army Men

Gen 3 had you commit animal abuse instead of the professor.
Gen 4 had you steal the professors balls and commit animal abuse.

Not many people know about the problems in Verde, son.

Metal Gear Solid 2

Fuck that game and Raiden

despite this, the game is also based on the artstyle of the TV show it is based on opposed to a more gritty and realistic look the later titles took

True. The one most people think of when they hear the name is either the sequel or the PS2 iteration.

Twister plot

I've got a good one. Hope nobody gets it too easily.

I fucking know this one, but I can't remember the name…

replace home with wedding and this is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on NES.

The way you write your fucking descriptions just makes reading them the most confusing part.

The second one is Spec Ops: The Line. The other two sound real familiar but I can't remember right now.

They look like monsters to you?

Close, not quite, it is a third person game.

Spec ops the line

Saints row 4?

Yeah, though I'd say demons is more accurate since they are humanoid in form.

Oh, I remember the last one. The Mad Max game by Avalanche. That was a disappointment and a half.

Ooops, I also meant to reply to .

Correct on both guesses.

Aight, here's mine

I wouldn't say the same, I don't think there weren't that many monsters you could call humanoid. The monster chicken, the monster dog, the fucking spinning motherfucker with the godawful screech aren't really that.

I don't think we're thinking of the same game here

Wait, it isn't Silent hill 3?

Persona 2 Innocent Sin?

This one's easy as fuck to guess, but i'm just venting

No, I was thinking Cry of Fear

Oh

You're not actually the chosen one. You're not even the backup pick, you were just the closest person and the chosen one wasn't ready yet. The chosen one takes the power he rightfully owned from you, but then you steal it from him with the power of friendship.

Oblivion?

Final Fantasy the first appearance of Toblerone. i genuinely forgot which FF that was, 13 or something

Yep.

Just from the first line, Final Fantasy XIII

Kingdom Hearts?

Got it.

I suppose without knowing the events of Birth by Sleep that is what it looked like.

You kill a dragon before killing god, replacing god.
In New Game + you kill your old character.

Never beat it, but that sounds like Dragon's Dogma

*Ding! ding! ding!*

Dragon's Dogma 2 never ever.:´(

But user, there's always Dragon's Dogma Online. :^)

Prey 2

Five Nights at Freddy's

Not even close, also I don't think your bosses are infamous in FNAF.

Legend of Dragoon

Special operations: the line

Oddworld Stranger's something?>>13335435
Frank's adventure.
I still play it from time to time, fuck that monkey minigame.

I guess it wasn't the bosses as much as the place in general. Even before the game started it had a reputation for being creepy what with all the kids dying.

What the fuck? I don't remember that.

In the first game, the place was just reopening. It had shut down for a while because kids had gone missing and the animatronic animals had blood and gore all over them when they came out for performances.

If i remember right, it's never actually stated, it's just DEEP LORE shit faggots like the game theorists jerk off over.

State of Decay

Dead Island
Why do I know all of these extremely mediocre videogames?

Because humans remember disappointment far better than they remember success.

Katawa Shoujo

Light up the night!

Ghostbusters

Ok, I'm going to try to be the most vague possible.

It makes so much sense now.

metal gear survive

Nicely done.

My guess is the forest.

I noticed the very momment I posted but decided not to say anything just in case nobody got it.

so did mine

I thought that was the point?

You are current.

Sleeping Dogs

Ok, let me try again.

Anyone care to guess these ones?

Alright, now enough of the easy ones:

Super Smash Bros

Bionicle?

No.

From the same publisher, but no.

Wonderful 101?

Nope, custom robo.

I only vaguely remember from a game magazine years ago.

Alright. I'll make it easier.

>You play as the most badass and best uncle japan can offer.

Are you the motherfucker?

Second Sight?

You are a goblin, but you are not you and you were supposed to be an orc.

Games where you play as goblins, eh? Is it Styx?

Yes, I just finished Master of Shadows, a little too rigid in some areas if you ask me.

I've never played it, it's just the only game I know of where you play as a greenskin.

I can recommend it on sale, discount or bundle, but is highly restrictive when it comes to non-lethal runs, collecting medals each level is a pain in the ass, not to mention they are usually away from the ideal paths which will make getting all four medals each level almost impossible unless you replay the missions.

It's Drakengard right?