Mowas2

Is this the worst RTT game of all time?

I've never had any of these problems.
git gud.

works for me(tm)
nice

Works on my machineā„¢
Pretty fun game tbh,too bad my friends only the realism mod how is vanilla?

Works on my machine too
You have to allow them to move freely

The game is alright, the biggest issues are that the enemy AI just lets tons of soldiers blindly charge you from the front instead of using any real tactics which is only authentic when you play against the soviets :^) and the fact that it is just Assault Squad 1 with slightly better graphics and some more content, while still having the same problems as previous games.

Robz realism works great, it's a huge improvement on the game. Just don't get swamped in infantry

No shit it's just a cash grab.

explain

Everything is ported from Ass squad 1 only difference is the UI not to mention the 10$ DLCs for 1 mission and the skirmish AI DLC.

oh ok I skipped ass squad, played men of war beforehand and I know the DLC is a joke.

How's RoBz compare to Terminator/Customizable Skirmish mod? I really liked the latter for the skirmish mode with all its bells & whistles, in addition to allowing for '46-'47 and Korean War battles and the odd prototype or limited production. The increased battle ranges in RoBz sound interesting, amongst all the other nice little things for verisimilitude & quality of life.

I wouldn't be able to compare it as I haven't played Terminator but that said in robz your units are made of glass, tactical positioning is king and you have to prevent getting swamped by infantry with your own.

Or with incessant placement of mortars, infantry guns & howitzers, I assume.

It's really fun, though I only play against bots. I like to take things slowly and I'm pretty sure that multiplayer is nothing but autism and unit spam without any real slow-paced tactics involved.

Never had any of those problems (((works on my machine))), without doubt one of the best RTS games I have ever played in my life. It could be possible that this is the most retarded thread of all time though

Why can't people just play strategically instead of spam?

lol retard

it is why I play Frontlines it's the closest thing to what I want, men of war with close combat gameplay where you place units before hand.

that or company of heroes gameplay would be cool too

if anyone wants to play robz leave your steam id here

Gotta love the games that represent t34 as an utter shit tank it was OK tank, and it would steamroll early german PZs but don't represent t34 as being extremely cheap and plentiful to the point it can be used for zerg rush tactics.

You still get a decent tank for what you pay. -t USA player

The T-34 was an excellent tank for it's production cost; even Wehrboos admit that. The all-around best tank of the war was the Panther, but the T-34 was ahead of it's time. If the Panzer IV had been given more development time it would have been more cost-effective (like the Panther was) and then production and design elements could have kept pace with the T-34. A critical lack of armor-piercing ammunition for anti-tank guns meant that a hard counter for the T-34 was hard to come by during Barbarossa, when combined with the other factors. It was the right piece of equipment at the right time for the Soviets, and its existence retarded the German war effort severely. In spite of ineffectual Soviet leadership, widespread comms degradation, low morale, and lack of an effective recovery and repair implementation, the Red Army could still count on a relatively cheap tank that could hold its own against a Panzer IV: The T-34.

Even in CoH
I hate blobs

How did they even get hold of T-34 designs? The rest of their equipment was total crap.

lolidk

never forget that skirmish mode has to be unlocked by buying a DLC

Frontlines is the only mode that matters, skirmish is in the base game but no AI

that's called multiplayer, user

You know what's sad? Direct controlling tanks in mowas is currently the best tank game we have.
Yes, WoT is shit

Hey OP, I've got the right place for you
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/cuckchan/

143- was back when Holla Forums still used unix timestamps.

yeah you right you right

Heres a cuckchan screencap from a great MW2 thread.

Quads

Now

can you stop showing your autism? We are here to talk about mowas, nigga you straight up dummy hungry get out

Absolutely fucking not. The longer this myth sticks around, the worse off we will be. The T-34 was a blind, over-cramped, under-turreted, two-man-turret and later shoddy three-man-turret death trap with a nominally effective gun for the early war that it nonetheless can't sight in reliably followed by a nominally effective gun for the midwar that it ALSO can't sight in, neither of which receive shells of sufficient quality to achieve their on paper penetration values either due to shell shatter, glitchy fusing or both, with either garbage dustbin cupolas you can't see shit out of or none at all at the start of things, no radios, a four-gear unassisted transmission that rips itself to death in the same time or worse that it takes for the troubled Panther to murder its final drive, which can't be operated by anything less than a superhumanly strong driver and needs a sledge to knock up to road speed, a five-gear transmission that failed to entirely alleviate these problems and never entirely replaced the four-gear on the production line, bad offroad performance, horrid rocking problems, no turret basket, suicidal ammo box floor, and vastly insufficient hull armor past '42 which was only sufficient in the first place because of its being an interwar shitbox designed to mount a field gun & be proofed against interwar 47mm anti-tank guns at expense of LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE, and the Germans running into Barbarossa with a large number of said guns making up their inventory because of their entirely too sluggish & overconservative arms development schedule.

It wasn't even cheap; it used an all-aluminum engine, an entirely unnecessary luxury that didn't even translate into any great qualitative advantage in the engine itself, it was constructed from a pretty decent amount of steel for nothing more than a rolling coffin, and it ate four to five men every time one was knocked out, which was exceedingly often. It was a blind, deaf downie of a tank that only by circumstance wedged itself into a useful position, that being bullying the weak Italian & Romanian flanks to screw Stalingrad and to act as a kind of pre-dreadnought fleet-in-being on land, with exactly the same only-nominal value in all but the best circumstances. If the Axis hadn't gone to war half-armed, half-cocked, and shackled by a short war mentality, the T-34 along with every other crate the Soviets came out with would've been eaten alive unconditionally, and only the KV-1 would be left to provide an OCCASIONAL- not even consistently- operational speedbump. By the by, the gigantism scare was barely even motivated by the former, it was the latter that influenced the Germans, though it constructionallly influenced their medium tank design, as they recognized the mass production value of rolling a single upper glacis plate in addition to the protective slope, as opposed to rolling a flat upper glacis, a near-horizontal transmission cover and another not-quite-lower glacis.

This is also a myth that must be murdered. It was a nice vehicle, but it was contrived from a series of expediencies and short-sighted lack of modifications by MAN- who were inexperienced with medium tanks, having been behind the Panzer II light tank principally- that resulted in an incessant dependence on depot level maintenance, had a very small degree of the T-34's sight problems due to the gunner having no unity sight and having to be layed in to target by the commander in order to use his very good gunsight optics, an absolute nightmare of an engine room thanks to a never-used fording capability resulting in pointless heat producing insulation and faulty porous fuel lines combining to make what amounts to a gas leak in a house 100% of the time, eventual snapping of front torsion bars due to weight in addition to the final drive that falls to pieces far sooner due to straight-toothed gearing, thin side armor that places it into a very uncomfortably vulnerable class for its weight, and worst of all, caused the delay of Operation Zitadelle by months in exchange for a couple hundred early production vehicles with these hideous teething problems at their absolute worst. Very frankly, the Germans ought to have gone with the VK 30.02 DB, the Daimler-Benz offering for the Panther, as their first next-generation tank, which resembled the T-34 in a number of constructional fashions while having next to none of its weaknesses. More importantly, the known delays necessary to reach mass production in the diesel engine development & turret design would have prevented the kind of delay the MANther caused by its false promise of 'a quick transition to mass production' by using the preexistent Rheinmetall turret. The MAN offering ought to have been adopted as well, but delayed further and explicitly design to fit into a new class of fast heavy/quasi-MBT, coming out in the shape of the Panther II starting some time in mid to late '43 or very early '44.

Horseshit. It didn't need 'more development time,' it needed a single fateful choice very early in pre-mass production development to amend the suspension from leaf springs- with their short legs as far as further weight from upgrades, adopted purely to get it into production fast despite no demand for such beyond a vague 'urgent need for the new tank'- to torsion bars, as the army had originally requested and as the Panzer III ended up using, thus allowing further upgrades to squeak by before it gets nosing problems. Better yet, have Hitler helpfully meddle early in the process by noting the dimensional similarity of the designs and demand the deletion of the Panzer IV entirely for an ammended (and up-gunned from 37mm) Panzer III with a modified hull & turret ring to fulfill both the Panzer III & IV's roles and any future upgrades the latter would be able to support; thus, the Panzer IV becomes a pure interim tank produced until the Panzer III can enter full production, with only numbers in the hundreds serving and receiving the myriad OTL field upgrades & factory rebuilds while a Panzer III with an early long 50mm and 75mm goes in at Barbarossa, in addition to the short 75mm assault tank variant. This saves on tooling troubles and allows for further industrial gigantism, either in concentrated plants or lots of subcontractor abuse, most likely both.

There is NOTHING to keep up with. The T-34 was garbage, trash, worthless, it was in every way a bad interwar vehicle novel only for resistance to interwar medium AT guns that it never ought to have faced in the first place if the Axis hadn't dropped the ball. Outdated, boondoggle drivel that still found itself murdered by these very guns it was designed to be resistant to as a result of it being trivial to drive around and peg in the sides; most all kills in the early war were by long barrel Panzer IIIs and a smattering of other vehicles, the FlaK 36 was simply not necessary and not as overrepresented as people think. Its only true virtues are a very clean line for the glacis construction necessitating fewer plates, and the use of a rear transmission in pre-powerpack arrangement. Everything else is junk, jank and providence.

And entirely unnecessary, as almost all of the T-34 losses at the inception of Barbarossa were to MECHANICAL FAILURE, as 90% or so broke down attempting to launch massed counterassaults to spoil the German advance. These problems were less solved than those of the Panther, by the by, and they continued to run horribly and messily for the entire war.

This is the only technically correct statement here; of course, the 'right piece of equipment' is a barely effectual hulk with preexistent tooling for desperation-born mass production that can just barely manage to not die so much that the Soviets literally run out of tanks before they reach Berlin, as expensive as the immodern interim tanks like the Panzer IV while being neatly inferior to them and quite capable of being killed by the 'inferior' Panzer III with shocking regularity, contending just well enough to collectively strangle out victory with the assistance of everything possible going wrong. Industrial hubbabaloo. Mass-scale city flattening bombing. Traitorous intelligence agencies. Pigheaded staff. Pigheaded Hitler. So on and so forth.

Drivel. The German war effort retarded the German war effort, alongside obnoxious providence. Walther Wever died in a plane crash resulting in awful power shifts and doctrinal gaps in the Luftwaffe while Goring failed to do the same or else get his act together and play nice with inter-service cooperation. The Army passed up an extremely early discovery of the value of the intermediate cartridge in the Vollmer M35, which although a boondoggle mess of a firearm would've been a perfect demonstration of exactly why the intermediate cartridge is wonderful perhaps as early as post-Poland 1939 if it hadn't been canceled at the outbreak of war, in addition to forcing the Heerswaffenamt to accept that gas tapping systems were NOT going to severely infringe on barrel life and were superior in every way to gas traps, which might save an early German semi-auto project like the Gustloff 206, a cheap & effective stamped metal affair and an excellent regular army battle rifle freeing up all G41 & 43 production for accurized sniper rifles & DMRs. Guderian often failed to get his way as far as useful conceptual vehicles- 'light mechanized artillery' comes to mind, along the lines of the Su-76, which would've been a useful way to exploit old Panzer II tooling. The Navy laid down too many ships listening to Raeder rather than Donitz, resulting in steel lost on the slipways for Plan Z battleships that couldn't be completed, fewer useful pocket battleships and the narrow inability to complete the guncruiser-carrier Graf Zeppelin, that might have performed very interestingly in the convoy raiding role, though who knows for how long.

The railways needed revamping alongside or before the Autobahn project. The Abwehr needed severe purging to clean out German intelligence and enable a non-dead Reinhard Heydrich to centralize it, lean it out and make the best use of it. The SS needed to be properly trained, equipped and expanded earlier to prevent their unprofessional showing in Poland and somewhat late exploitation of pan-European manpower under direct German command. Anticommunist Slavic manpower needed to be used immediately with all due haste to create further disorganizing ripples in the Soviet battleline & command circles, regardless of whether one was going to betray & all but annex them later or give them back their nationhood as fascist puppets. In addition, Hitler took a bite or two too many in the prewar, in particular the dissolution of Czechoslovakia to get at the Skoda arms plants rather than isolating & bullying them into the Axis, which would've had the same effect of opening Czech industry to German exploitation and perhaps resulted in Neville Chamberlain not losing faith in the possibility for negotiation or losing it later, and certainly making it harder to justify to the public the ravings of the war partiers of a need to cut Germany down before she goes hegemonic & knocking Churchills' foot out of the door. Anything to make Britain's morale waver, anything to make more likely the entry of anti-war partiers or a coup by anti-war elements, whether they be military officers, the British Union of Fascists or both.

I will tell you frankly; the Germans defeated the Germans. Had myriad expediencies been avoided, more correct ones taken instead, a more paranoiac mindset had regarding the likelihood of an early war rather than a mid-'40s outbreak, and a better coordination politically, industrially & militarily between the Axis- in addition to a number of the Axis powers being staunchly more fascist, such as a butterfly'd Iron Guard Romania under Codreanu, a Mussolini-centric Italy born from civil war that isn't a midwar German puppet rather than the milquetoast government after the March on Rome, a staunchly Nichirenist Japan out of the February 26th incident or similar that then can coax an uncomfortable China into the Axis through the Anti-Comintern Pact as originally intended, so on- and thusly being more willing to throw their all into the war, come what may, and a resultant nudge into the right mindsets by these more radically minded men to use said 'all' with just a dash of providence, and they could have swept over the whole of Eurasia and hemmed the Allied remnants neatly into the North American continent in a very convincing victory, without asspulls or extra Allied mistakes compared to those made in OTL and those still made drawn from OTL.

Jesus Christ that was all way too long. tl;dr the T-34 is a shit, don't act like it was hot shit. The Panther was also semi a shit, recognize that.

Thanks for the pasta

Then make a thread about it because this sure as shit ain't it.

what are some decent german defense maps that'll work with robz? i just want to set up 88s and burn slavs

It's definitely not great. But I like it.
The system of points and whatnot are the worst part for me. I just can't really understand the logic of the way resources or whatever work.

Most the stuff you complain about, though, I don't really run in to.

resources come back when shit is destroyed in normal mode, though slowly, otherwise they just slowly come to you

Yeah, which is weird, and doesn't make much sense to me, and results in some rather stupid gameplay from what I see.

There is a curve for points which peaks around the middle. Meaning you will get resources faster and faster until the peak is hit after that it slows down. Obviously you can't get more resource points than the amount that is set in the lobby options.
This, coupled with low unit cap and availability timers on units leads to very slow gameplay.

Now this is a good pasta.

Hey tank user, how do you feel about the Sherman?

I'm of the opinion it was a lot better than people assume it was, and the main reason it was renowned for 'exploding' and the lot was due to the tanker's habbit of overloading the thing with shells.

not a tankfag but as far as i know, reports of the sherman catching fire were pretty widely exaggerated

Better than the T-34 flatout, par to the upgunned Panzer IV or better depending on version, overall quite serviceable. My readings' pointed to improper stowage by the bongs being the cause for spectacular early ammo explosions, with substantially less trouble after the implementation of wet stowage and discouragement of the overloading practice. Somewhat tall of a profile relative to the rest of its dimensions, a bit rough to handle in muddy terrain. Otherwise, quite good in all respects. The unity sight is beautiful, since it allows the gunner to acquire a target with trivial ease before fine-laying with the optics proper. The bolt-on bolt-off transmission is a maintenance wonder. The engine room being built larger than initially necessary was excellent foresight.

I nonetheless imagine it would be a bit inferior to a hypothetical wide-superstructure (the upper part hanging more over the tracks, not overall width) Panzer III with sloped armor, Ostketten wide tracks, possibly an improved engine (I hate to essentially cite World of Tanks of all things, but mounting the 585 horsepower HL 157P from the Leopard project as in their Panzer III/IV wouldn't be unreasonable as a higher powered 12-cylinder) and an improved turret facing following the lines of the Vereinfachterturm (simplified turret project) sans the deletion of the cupola and thicker at perhaps 100mm, plus a sloped glacis plate of perhaps 70-80mm thickness (torsion bar suspension plus asymmetric frontal strengthening would go a long way as to how much you could stack on the front of the thing before it started nosing) and very tenuously the possibility to mount a KwK 42 of some fashion, maybe L/60 instead of L/70 if the latter is impractical, would result in a very tidy little steppe tank. Though, at that point with the turret, maybe you may as well just mount the Rheinmetall turret used for the MANther or at least use it as a starting point heading towards the Schmalturm, instead of trying to fit it all into a revised Panzer III or IV wide/tall turret in a T-34/85 esque cramped solution. Even better, steal the VK 30.02 DB turret, which is a Schmalturm style facing from the start and big enough to take the long 75, though nothing bigger.

Still, whatever the turret, if you can get enough potential legs for upgrades, you can get some kind of midget-Panther out of it- which will kick ass up through '43 and still be very competitive on the mainline up through '45- and preempt the need to adopt either the VK 30 DB or VK 30 MAN with any degree of haste, with the former being a procurement maybe to get a minimum-resource production line compared to the not-quite-new-style retrofitted III with possibly slightly better ergonomics & definitely field servicing capability, especially if Porsche's torsion bogey suspension system- two roadwheels to two bars that are external boltons rather than running through the hull- gets crammed into it as a result of forced cooperation from up top, and the latter being a next-generation fast heavy developing into the OTL Panther II. As a small tangent, the Tiger I almost had good legs for upgrades with the intention to mount the Rheinmetall Flak 41, a troubled gun very similar to the PaK 43, but because of Porsche requesting too small of a turret ring, Hitler not being strict in his request, and Krupp possibly being willfully ignorant dickheads who considered it blasphemy to mount a rival gun in the turret, the Tiger I got fucked out of a long 88mm gun because of a 10cm too short turret ring, with a design that simply could not be amended once production started. Apparently, no one considered simply designing a new turret that doesn't require a bending machine the size of a house to shape the combination back & side plate. This could've more or less preempted the Tiger II, neatly, and seen the Lowe into production to fill the gap between the Tiger I & the super-superheavies.

The devs are absolute dogshit but the game itself is actually pretty fun.

You basically have to get into the habit of autistically micromanaging your troops.

try it with Robz on coop skirmish, the weakness of Soviet armor against your German tanks.

anyone wants to play mp w/ robz?

we play it pretty often on the swamp.li mumble, you may have seen the info in Splatoon threads.

no. i dont browse console related threads.

Oh then disregard that

PS it's a general mumble and the squid kids keep to themselves but join for some games. don't think they play mowas but maybe they'd join supcom fa or aoe2. Not too sure..

HOW CAN YOU BE THIS FUCKING NEW? REMOVE YOURSELF.

Don't give that retard attention, he's an obvious 4kid.

I'll play with you user..

OwO? What's this?

just leave your furid here so i can contact you for some "games"

That's too pozzed. I'm on the swamp mumble.

how are you playing mowas2 without steam you dunce?

I'm using steam but I'm not posting steam IDs on the board.

Only for going on a picnic.

I liked to play coop missions with friends, we would usually hijack tank and keep on fighting in it, repairing it, refueling and such. was fun.

I'd play vanilla. The mod is a glitchy mess.

they're only shit in the game because they don't have a price reduction, which they SHOULD since they're alot taller than the other mediums in the game. I guess they got muh fiddy but after the recent nerfs to it Americans in general are useless.

The game is all about Soviets vs Germans now, everyone else is just an after thought and added for flavor.

they are two different flavors of shit but both are incredibly shit

this game could be incredibly fun if not for stupid shit like snipers and grenade cooking versus stupid AI, not to mention the elite troops having 9 billion health

the game is fun when you play against people who also like fun or are just too noob to know about sniper/grenade/etc meta
by the way you can remove unit types from the lobby before starting

Well oh great learned tank-sensei. What do you think was the best overall tank of WW2?

guess it has its fun moments

At least try to make it more comfortable to read.