I'm about to start playing E.Y.E., anyone have any tips?

I'm about to start playing E.Y.E., anyone have any tips?

Yes, play it for shits and giggles. The game is a confused mess and the level design is…less than intuitive.

On the other hand, it features an SMG that fires 1000 RPM, a fair selection of shotguns, a minigun and a thunder-hammer….so fuck it.

Also, Psionics are a waste of time. They don't do too much and they feel terrible.

Personally, I like wearing the heavy/power armor suit(I like 40K), but anything goes really.

Hacking is also amusing…it's just not a combat accessible thing since the menus are a shit-show. And on that, get familiar with the menus before you do anything.

Das all, maine.

Expect proto-borderlands instead of real RPG like Deus Ex or VTMB.

Don't listen to the dick(s) who abloobloo'd about his broken legs here.

Cool, thanks for the rundown. Starting it up now.

Level up a few times, don't use the skill points immediatly.
-press P to pause the game
-open the character menu
-spam click the [+] on all stats until your fingers hurt
-quit the menu and press P to unpause

Open the menu again and you should have maxed characters stats. I don't think it works on cybernetics.
Or alternatively, get cheat engine.

Doesnt that take away some of the fun or is this game best played with max stats?

Also, what's a good starting DNA profile?

Play melee only for maximum funs

The feeling of progression is nice, but you get most of it with cybernetics anyway. Maxed stats will allow you to buy almost all guns and power if you have the cash.
Full metastreum, reroll until you get 35+ everywhere.

Gotcha, just got the character made.
the game looks pretty damn good considering how old it is.

Speaking of cash, you get much, much more of it at higher difficulty levels. One more reason to max your stats early, so you can play on Master or Ghost ASAP.
To play that game somewhat safely you need a weapon to deal with mob crowds, an automatic, the depezador shotgun or melee weapon if you're tanky enough; you'll also need something to deal with armored enemies, either OHOK psychic powers, the .444 revolver, the heavier sniper rifles, or ,if you're tanky enough, the power sword or the warhammer can take care of that.

Top priority: Upgrade legs

thanks for all the help. I'm level 3 now so about what level should I be before trying the spamming trick?

Also, is this a long game? I'm loving the atmosphere and lore so far and don't want it to end any time soon.

Depends how upgraded your legs are. If you like the lore, remember to re-explore the temple between the missions, some NPCs show-up here and there.
You can do the trick now and do it later again if you have some points missing. You can max everything if you stack 30 levels but using the first 3 won't make much difference.

Forget the last part, just do the trick.

This fucking game. I feel like an alchemical Hulk with a shotgun.

I just noticed there's a place for custom maps and levels. Are there any worth downloading?

Is it true the game ends on an unfinished cliffhanger?

finally found out the reason Holla Forumsirgins cream themselves over this game

Cheat Engine doesn't actually work with EYE. I've never heard of the pausing thing though so maybe that dows work.

I can confirm it works

Don't.

Stop before you get memed even more. It's a shit game no one ever cared about.

Oh fuck

the true ending is vague and 2deep4u but not technically a cliffhanger

It`s OK but not for everybody I guess

I just noticed my karma is down to 0, how does that happen? Any good ways of building up karma?

Make posts in reddit that conform to the circlejerk But seriously, dont worry about karma

OH GOD WHY

Just play it.

Fuck off to cuckchan.

gotcha, I died at one point and it said something about my low karma so I didn't know how much that affected things.

how even

Level up your cyber legs first, that way you can truly haul ass when sprinting, instead of waddling around a wee bit faster not that this does not apply to heavy armor, so you will always be waddling around if you go heavy
Scrabs are effectively immune to bullets not fired by the Bear Killer and similar-caliber weapons, but they'll go down like a bitch if you sword them.
Damocles is your best friend when you're fighting metastreums, especially once you get a hang of the range and become mostly untouchable.
Use the classic HUD if you value exactness in your vital stats, full HUD for extra "What the fuck am I doing?"
Amp up the difficulty for more brouzofs.
is a liar, psi powers are great, but they take a bit of investment as in power converter and a few levels of adrenaline pump before you even begin to actually use them

No. You are dead and your cybernetic brain suffer traumatising memories while you sould/ghost still bind to you cybernetic brain and you actualy stuck in a middle of Purgatory

Dont try to understand just execute orders

Big ass weight being pushed on feet. When you lock your knees, you have muscle giving resistance one way, but not the other, so when your knees buckle, bend the other way. Thats why you dont lock your legs when doing that shit.

some things:
Mental balance is worthless
some research cases are almost imposable to get without farming maps
guns is best to start out but if you really put some points into into psi you can use cars as shields and bowl people over.
ignore the plot the first time you go through the game
you have to go through the game at least 3 times to get the real end.

Download sector 07 and crank the spawn rate to 11.
Sector 07 is an amazing clusterfuck of a map with heavy battle turrets around most corners, objective markers that only show up when you are almost on top of them and enough spawn point that you will almost always be swarmed by fed/looters.
Also I think there used to be a bug where if you died once it would set your cyber implants to 1 until you left the map but I can't recall if that's still there.
Needless to say make sure you are ready before you leave the room with the armory

there was originally going to be a final boss but it was cut, so they replaced it with some sort of metaphorical thing, E.Y.E.s story shouldn't be thought about too hard

Karma is lowered mostly by killing critters, but also by other choices like killing non-hostiles and double crossing people.
lower karma increases the chance of getting a wound when you die (which permanently reduces a few stats) but you can remove those with research and can use them to cheese the game so whatever

I bought E.Y.E in the intentions of playing it but never did. what should i do?

Play it.

Damn, its 5gb… I dont feel like downloading 5gb…

This is probably the same reason i didn't play it last time.

Do you not have space?

I recently got 100mb internet.

Kek, that's nothing bro.

I'm gonna need another hard drive soon too

You know you hard drive performance is lowered when you have it above 60% full of shit, right?

no thats not how it works because its constantly spinning, retardo

it sounds good too

Treat the game like a Souls game as far as characters and playthroughs go. Start with a fundamental character (accuracy, endurance, hacking, maybe medicine) to get a good grasp on how the game works. After that, go nuts and try different things like PSI powers, swords, hacking enemies, etc. Also, follow the guides that posted and pic related. It really helps to know what does what in this game.

Also, here's an ending flowchart (spoilers in case you want to go for a blind run).

I actually removed a bunch of games on steam to make room for more games.

I love this. I love that I haven't played this till now when there are practically no good games. I'm having so much fun.

that would explain some things. I've been playing this as a "purge the filth, stay loyal to the Secretum Sanctorium" run. I've killed several non-hostiles so far.

Psi powers are like explosives builds in New Vegas. They start slow, they don't have very good sustained damage output, and they can be a risk to you if you used wrong. That being said, there's nothing in the game that can take on a high-level character with around 70 psi, a medkit, and enough health that feedback won't leave in the red.
For negligible investment, you get 5-7 meatshields. Once they start carrying miniguns and hunting machines, it's more like 5-7 extra soldiers that can detect enemies, thin out hordes, and cost a pittance to replace at a moment's notice. There's no situation where you shouldn't have some backup with this power. Your horde-killer by proxy, since everything else is single-target.
Invocation's description is misleading, since its main use isn't in summoning hostile creatures, but as an instant-kill, perfectly accurate, infinite range, hitscan gun. Sure, it costs a chunk of energy to fire, but there aren't that many targets you actually need to whip it out for. It's a great way to kill fed master snipers/shock troopers, jians, and other hard nuts. Popping out a metastreum in the middle of the opposition is just a marginal benefit, if satisfying. Dragon is basically the same, but acts as a transportation tool, teleporting you to where the target was on a hit. It's a gap closer for melee builds, and lets you play a demented game of ping-pong as you turn looters to gibs and beat them to death with each other's organs.
Nothing in the game will survive a gate, barring the Deus Ex at Minos. Not Rimanah, not interceptors, not Bubicon. It has the same firing conventions as dragon and invocation, nice FX, and works as instant removal of high-value targets. The big drawbacks are having to finish the game to get one of these, and catching fatal wounds for using it. Fatal wounds are either a blessing in disguise if you're farming a monster with 100 stats across the board, or a marginal drawback until you get the research to nullify them. Once you do, the power might take out a chunk of your health; fortunately, that's exactly what you have medkits for, and it's rare to lose more health than a single medkit charge.
Never disregard the power of grabbing a car on new Eden, using it as a ballistic shield to sprint into the feds, and throw it at their faces. Not optimal, but stylish.

The part about the BK vs hunting machine isn't accurate. While both guns are unquestionably worth their stat investments, unlike the Arrancadora, there's definite tradeoffs. For a mostly equivalent weapon, you're severely restricting your back slot, meaning that you can't grab fun guns like the Spiculum or any longarms. In addition, you'll rarely carry enough ammo to make up for the weight difference between the BK and HM.
You don't generally need a lot of ammo for either gun, because most of the time they're for killing big armored targets, not rank and file. The exception is farming on Noctis, and you can just pop back to base whenever you want, making magazines a moot point.
HM has more theoretical damage, but all of their common targets (Deus Ex, Master Secreta, Interceptors) still take 3-5 shots in the head/engine to down. You won't really notice a difference in fire rate either.
Interceptors are big and can't take cover. Deus Exes literally have two glowing lights showing you where to shoot, and are also big. Human masters are the only exception where sights might matter, but you don't generally fight them in large open areas, and dragon usually works just as well.

Also, you can block bullets with your guns as well. The Excidium and minigun are good at this. The starter assault rifle that's not the rotten mound beats the S6000 if you can't get reliable headshots, though the S6000 has a fantastic scope. When hacking, do what he says, but replace all references of "shield" with "mask."

Why did they fuck up DoW game so bad?

i booted the game up, looked at the controls and went back to arma

It's pretty much just standard Source Engine controls plus a radial menu, and happens to give you the option of binding hotkeys to all your abilities (but you don't have to do this, it's an option).

im just joking, armas no better in that regard.

Dont expect much from the stories or scenarios.A lot of people hype this game up to be the strangest thing you'll ever play, but from my experience (Achieved secret "true" ending) it was all pretty tame compared to other things I played. Really the only thing that stands out is the pen and paper rpg like gameplay and how broken you can make your character. Oh and you have a fuckton of ways to complete a mission. And the weapons.

Because they're meme devs.

EYE is living proof that a redditor is a redditor, whether he uses reddit or imageboards.

You get nothing but shitposts because your only argument is that it's a meme game. So why are you all of a sudden expecting serious answers? Low effort posts get low effort replies.