This was your video game library, once

This was your video game library, once.

No, it wasn't, I had better taste.

lol die

I mean the case, not the games inside

I had little 3-ring binders with slipcases in them for 5 1/4" floppies.

Still miss that shit.

Better than the cases and boxes, I threw away all my cases.

There was a number in the business paper I called and a man in a car showed up to sell me pirated games I ordered. My country still doesn't have any real anti piracy laws I think.

Fucking Jewtel and their monopoly over consumer computing. If it were me, we would be shitposting on SparcSations, SGI machines, and powerpc macs.

I will vote for you, user.

I have 5 binders filled with games/dvds/music cds.

I keep all the cases on display in my shelves. I can actually say I'm so have I do it this way. When I was just starting game collecting and doing this there was a break in in my home. I always hid the binders where no one would find them and display the cases. These two nigger kids that went to the public high school in my area were caught on our security cameras stealing like 20 of my game cases. That's it. The next day the game cases were all found strewn about on our front porch with a note that just said "fuck you bitch".

They were arrested when our neighbor, after seeing them walking away from our porch, recognized one of them as a boy in his son's class.

Those binders saved me a lot of money. I was ready to replace the boxes with the help of a few friends that worked at several Gamestops and Gameplays in our area. So, don't knock the binders.

Holy fuck your hands are huge! I thought I was looking at Gamecube games until I clicked.

Also, I didn't use shitty scratching sleeve cases. The games would come with jewel cases, and I kept those and put them in my music CD racks.

Most of my best games were on 3 inch floppy or cartridge. You keep those loose in a drawer full of old rubber bands, dead batteries, cap-less sharpies, and scrap paper.

FAGGOT

Hey is Holla Forums broken for anyone else?

No it wasn't.

Once?
You think I don't still have all my big fat 90's CD cases full of PS1 and PC games from back in the day?

Yeah it was, motherfucker. Fuck off you fucking retard and get off of this board.

are you sure?

Wait.
What?

Let me test dude, i couldn't post an image in the other thread. Seems legit.

Holy shit, its the moment when post recognizes as posted is so slow.

So it's not just me, neat

He is right, who the fuck put cds on these things instead of their proper cases with boxes or pic related. Not even cds from magazines came without a case. You sound like the average third world country PS1 shitter who bought all pirate shit from a hobo on the streets. Kill yourself retard.

We have IDs, faggot.

videoh gamez

Shit man I can't see any new replies on any thread outside of the index, what the fuck is going on?

epic

Codemonkey shakes infinity engine.

People with huge libraries who didn't want to waste the space. I saw a lot of people ditch the boxes and use a CD book.

WELL HE NEEDS TO FIX IT, MAN WAS NOT MEANT TO READ THROUGH THE INDEX EXCLUSIVELY

There was a time when physical media did, in fact, equal video games.

They scratch your discs! Jewel cases do not!

You are lazy and low-class.

Check pages manually, without catalog. Replies are saved, its just threads individually are not updated.

not mine. I played console/handheld exclusively until I got DSL and steam.

fair

eat a dick

That's what I'm doing my issue is even with looking through the index manually threads aren't bumping or updating.
It's like trying to piss in a thimble
STOP GIVING ME UNLIMITED CAPTCHAS HOLY SHIT

Hah, nope. Not even once. I was working age when I had a disc based system, and refused to buy anything that didn't have case and manual. I wasn't a collectorfag, but I saw no excuse for a disc to lose both case and manual. If a DVD case broke, you did something retarded because those fuckers were made of very flexible plastic.

To this day I refuse to buy any disc based game without inspection and without its case and manual. It limits what I can buy and where, but I never get screwed over.

I've only ever used CD Wallets for music, because honestly I don't really give much of a fuck about music. All of my games were either in proper sleeves in pic related or in their own box/case on a CD rack or proper shelf. Never threw my boxes away. I still have a tote in my store room somewhere with boxes and manuals from PC games I had in the 80's.

God bless you, user. You're too precious for this world.

I wish I could say they were fond memories.
But the bastards scratched to all hell, especially when I was nice enough to let friends borrow them.

Thank you, user. Remember to support the Talos II workstation.

I agree. They really should have had plastic jackets like floppies and MiniDiscs had. It was a real eye opener to have a $40 game ruined in an instant, especially having come from the world of indestructible cartridges and resilient mini floppies. I'll buy a used cart in a second, but never used optic discs. Hell, PS2 would ruin your games all by itself, while you played.

Was this some kind of glitch, or are they actually all the same guy?

Holy shit, I thought POWER was dead after POWER8. Thought they had issues after stuff like Xenia and Cell for consoles weren't quite up to snuff and HPC had finally succumb to x86.

I actually wanted to get an Amiga X5000, but I barely use my Quad G5 PowerMac as it is, so it'd probably get the same treatment.

It's just one guy making a goofy joke. It wasn't a funny joke, but there it is.

We've gotten a lot of retards over the past few weeks thanks to Twelve Strike Kike. It wouldn't surprise me if it was one person acting special for attention.

I've also never owned a physical copy of a C&C or a Star Wars game. I've pirated some Star Wars games though.

Here's a photo of physical copies of games I own for PC. Nowadays, I usually only have physical copies of games for a platform up until I can softmod it and pirate games for it.

I chuckled. Though it wouldn't have been funny if it didn't get so many replies or didn't have the 3rd post.

Jesus, the cost of peace of mind is crazy. I could get a Threadripper machine for less money and have x86 compatibility but leave myself vulnerable though other lack of control means but still.

I forgot what an awful weeb I was in high school. I can't even bring myself to pop a few of them in for old time's sake.

If it can't run x86 code then it may as well not be a computer.

Worry not, for Kain shall have him dealt with.

The worst thing I did as a kid was have no consistency. I had CD wallets for my games but I also kept the cases. But when it came to handheld games, particularly when the DS was around, for some reason my fucking stupid kid self thought it was fine to put the cartridges in one of those dumb plastic cartridge cases and throw out the original game cases. I want to travel back in time just to slap my former self and tell him to never throw out cases, instruction manuals and to never ever trade-in games or consoles at those fucking gamestops.

Why do pictures taken with mobile phones do this. It's annoying as all hell.

POWER is actually still quite alive
It's power IBM Watson.
If it weren't for Watson, it would be dead as shit though.

This is some new age bait.

*powering IBM Watson

I still have mine. I kept them because I felt somehow I may not be able to find or even remember them some day. Most of them are Russian pirate CDs that my dad bought.

It contains the following games:
- Mystery at Greveholm 1
- NetStorm - Islands at War
- Jack and Daxter "the precursor legacy"
- Dark Colony
- Medievil 2
- The Reap (pc game)
- Sim Theme Park
- Red Alert (both discs)
- Crash Bandicood 3: Warped
- Apocalyse (ps1)
- Fighting Force 2
- dune 2000
- Tomba! 2
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
- Mickey's Wild Adventure
- Digimon World 2
- Heroes of Might and Magic 3+4
- Command & Conquer, I seem to only have the GDI disc
- Wild 9
- Vanguard Bandits
- Bugs Bunny & Taz - Time Busters
- Grand Theft Auto 2
- Legend of Mana
- 2 separate "puzzle collection" CDs, containing Tetris Plus, Kula World, Tecmo Stackers, Kurushi, and Devil Dice
- Some pirate disc with 4 games: Medievil, Jersey Devil, Pandemonium, Shipwreckers
- "Super hits 8", can't remember what's in it but I saved it so one of the 8 games in it must be good

I always keep my cases.

I never had those shitty games you fag.

At first glance I thought the picture was two people standing one behind the other while wearing swimming flippers.

gg

Excuse you nigger, I was split between DSi and PC. I never played any CD games.

Iv still got all mine in thier original case. So no.
Just wish i still had the massive old PC game boxes for the older ones.

This disgusts me, sincerely.

I could maybe understand throwing away those old cardboard cases that cartridges came in, but this is some real nigger shit.

Its not bait, you only make yourself look like an autist user.

One time years ago, some whore who was my sister's friend at the time borrowed the case to my smash bros game and never returned it. She didn't even take the CD - I still have it after all this time - just the case. To this day I still do not know why she didn't take the CD.

i bet you didnt have the clearance

wheres your "hundreds of shareware games!" cds that your grandparents got you?

Die.

It's a miracle I still have my small-box PC games.

Actually my library looked a lot less like that and a lot more like burn CDs with names and arcane acronyms scribbled all over the place.

yeah once, because nobody else was retarded enough to make a console with an 8cm disc tray again

this is sad because it shows how much they know you. it's not like they even had any ulterior motives in this case (like they'd want you to play less vidya or something) they just threw away the stuff they thought was junk and kept the stuff they thought would bring you good memories. throughout your entire childhood, your parents never got to actually know you lmao.

fuck

There is nothing wrong in putting your discs into a cd wallet or something similar if you never had the box for them.

Kill yourself nigger lover

One time my and me got into a fight about me not wanting to go to church on Sunday, and it was like the 50th fight about this shit and I had enough. He said it was the video games that were making me not want to go to church, so to prove to him that it wasn't about the fucking video games I went into a rage and took my entire collection of discs and broke them into pieces with a screwdriver. We never got into another fight about me not wanting to go to church again, and he stopped asking. They also never got on my case about playing video games instead of having friends or going to bible study or whatever.

I like digital copies of games.