Fuck eBay

The bad experiences I've been having with this site over the years have really started to pile up. I'm getting to the point where it's worth it to just pay more to avoid dealing with dipshits.

I could list a number of examples, but what I'm pissed about right now is the PS3 I ordered. I thought I'd gotten a pretty good deal on a CECHA01 model, it's the launch version that's fully compatible with PS and PS2 games. It game with an official controller, a move controller and an eyetoy as well as some move games I'd probably never play, in total with shipping it came out to 111.

When I went to pick it up at the post office they told me the postage was short and I owed them another 26 bucks. I got a receipt so I could request a partial refund when I got home, but then I plugged the thing in. Everything worked fine, plays PS3 games, Plays PS games, plays DVDs and Blu-Rays. Then I put in a copy of Blood Will Tell and a message pops up that the console isn't compatible with PS2 games. Flip it over and sure enough, it's a CECHK01.

So far, my refund request has been ignored.

Nice blogpost, /a/.

This is what you get for buying a console, and a playstation at that.
eBay is great, it's you that's the problem.

PC is the answer to everything, console pleb.

lolwut?

eBay did me good. I got Wrath Unleashed and Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires with no issues.

I've had the same sort of problem with other eBay purchases having nothing to do with vidya, and PC purchases as well. I can't count the number of steam key scammers on eBay. I mean, I don't bid on those, but they show up in the results nonetheless.

Non-vidya: A few months ago I won a Bowflex weight stand for like 60 bucks, but the seller didn't want to part with it. So they refunded my money and claimed they were out of stock and would let me know if they got in another. I said sure, let me know as soon as they got one in. They immediately messaged me that they got one in, but the one I had bid on was third-party, while the one they got in was official Bowflex, so they'd have to charge me 119. I pointed out to them that the pictures in the previous auction showed Bowflex right on them, and the title of the auction said Bowflex as well.

They then pretended not to speak english very well and pleaded for my forgiveness.

If we wanted to sell/trade amongst ourselves- how do you go about doing that and avoid being conned?

The seller was third party and selling it used and cheaper. The distributer got one in from the manufacturer probably new, and full price. Your claims are answered by different people every time. This is how eBay fucking works.

It was advertised as new in the original auction too though.

>took it to Super Bitcon
Cheap chink shit on eBay only.

Then the 3rd party seller was selling a new thing really fucking cheap, you can do that you know, sell a 2017 Lexus for $2 on eBay. Greatest money laundering operation ever.

Das raysis mofukka u jus mad u aint got no melenin an stoles all yo history from us

I just use Amazon. Their customer service is easier to deal with.

eBay is basically a fucking scam site, these days. Literally the only reason to buy off of eBay is if you're looking for cheap Chinese knock-offs. I would NEVER use eBay for a legitimate purchase.

The only things I've bought off of eBay in recent years were a Chrysalis, a Trixie and a Sylveon plush, and they were only worth the money because I knew full well that they were (well-made) fakes.

You brought this on yourself, OP. You'd honestly be better off with fucking Craigslist over eBay, nowadays.

Back when I was hunting for CFW-capable PS3s, some fucker once sent me a piece of shit that blatantly didn't run at all, right out of the packaging. It was advertised as fully working, so I hit up Ebay and they gave me all my money back. I sent the PS3 back because I was a good goy guy, but I honestly should have just kept it. If faced with that situation again, I certainly would.

Before I shipped it off, I popped it open to take a look at it. Cables were outright unplugged and one was melted. Fucking niggers on ebay, man.

Why don't you just get a PS2 you idiot. Launch PS3s are a ticking time bomb just waiting to die at any minute.

Don't buy from lukiegames if you ever see them. They're a huge fucking store that just eats up any good deal and shits it out a few bucks higher, putting a nearly impossible to remove white sticker that just nearly permanently fucks up the cart/box if you try to pull it off, simply because it leaves all sorts of residue that you can't get off.

Shit fucking sucks and I'm never buying from them again. GBA I ordered from another seller got all fucked within a few minutes of me using it, but I'll chalk it up to it being kind of old and beat up and the shipping probably having taken a toll on it. God damn AGS-101 screen raped itself up with a permanent white line of stuck pixels, but I still play games on it because it's kind of up at the top so it's not too intrusive, and I really don't feel like getting a refund since I got free games with it. Everything else works well though so for 60 bucks I think I got an alright deal honestly, given that there were some pack-ins with it.

So yeah it turned out better anyways but still anyways back to my first point; fuck lukiegames. All of my games I bought from them were just random scrounged up shit with writing and peeled labels and stickers because they never show you images of what you're buying. I was an idiot for deciding to do it just because they were undercutting everyone else.

Its pretty fucking jewish but if the seller shipped it without tracking or a tracking form which only tracks that it arrived at the correct house instead of the correct person , you can just open a case on EBay and claim that it never arrived. They always decide in the customers favour in that case and force a refund.
t. Bronze Powerseller

Dunno maybe you had bad luck, only things that ever gave me trouble were cheap chinese RGB cables for PS2/XBOX that had massive ghosting.

I had the same problem when I ordered mine years back. Lucky I canceled my order when I found out that it was the 80gb unit from the pictures of the bottom (Even though it said it was the 60gb launch unit,). I wouldn't buy another unit unless it has an image of the bottom of the console, and even then you should reverse image search.

you ever get a game case full of black widows?

CFW and an inter cooler work just fine for me. I personally use my BC PS3 to forceload. PS2s are also pretty unreliable. You hear more about PS2s dying then PS3 launch unit. They redesigned the system about 20 times. Some PS2s can't even read PS2 games that use CD ROMs.
Also, if you force load there's no region locking.

Is there anything even wrong with chink knock offs? Obviously ignoring extreme cases. My official nendos have awful quality.

So it was you user, wasn't it?

Oh, for fuck sake. This isnt your blog.

I have used to sell and buy on this platform for over 5 years. Never had a bad experience. Do you contact the user before purchase? Do check if it's from any where besides North America? Do check for reviews? Do you check for user ratings and check the actual users? Do you understand the snake soil seller? Fucking children, get off my board.

So the real title should be: 'Fuck the people on ebay and the post office' yeah? If you trust random strangers to act in your best interests you're bound to get fucked over at least 50% of the time, expecting to get out unblemished is unrealistic.

Specific model number too, did they show pics of siad number? If not you shouldn't have taken that at face value cos most people are totally ignorant there's a difference.

Then they're not a seller.

This never used to fucking happen but now it happens constantly. Fuck these people.

Only buy valuable shit from people you can pay a visit to without going too far out of your way.