Mouse Thread

my old Microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 died and I can't decide whether to buy a new one or try out a different mouse.
What mouse do you guys recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-deathadder-elite
gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g403-prodigy-wireless-gaming-mouse
amazon.com/G602-Lag-Free-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00E4MQODC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Suicide was a serious consideration when mine died.
I've probably tried over 2 dozen by now.
I haven't found a good mouse since '14 and it's apart as to why there's been a severe decrease in my game playing since.

Steelseries Kana is a similar shape and has the same layout as my Intellimouse 1.1a did, but for the $40 I could've just gotten another Intellimouse from some chinese manufacturer.

I'm using a UtechSmart mouse. I've put it through some abuse and it's fine. I like it.

I recommend a trackball.

i miss my mx518 :(

Just get the G502 and cope

Logitech G Pro. Besides the high cost, it is one of the best mouses I had. I am using fingertip grip. I can't stand ergonomic mice. It is also nice lightweight and tracks great. Clocks are surprisingly light and tactile you can feel the crisp wall. You might need some time to readjust, they are that light.

Is it expensive?

the G203/G102 are essentially the same mouse, unless you absolutely need a 3366 you don't for about half the cost.

I've got a G403 and I think it's a pretty darn nice mouse. An alternative would be a Zowie EC1- or EC2-A. The new Steelseries Sensei and Rival are also supposed to have a pretty damned good sensor now, too, if those look like good options. Happy hunting

If you can live without the thumb buttons, the simple MS "Wheel Mouse Optical USB" or however they arrange that word granola is the mouse I've been using since around 2003.

fuck the pain away

About 60 USD.

How drunk/high do you have to be to buy a mouse like this.

I heard they made the new dogmodel in Call of Duty with that

Someone thought this was a good idea.

Steelseries is MSI shit though.

It's garbage.

If you don't have large hands then get a small but comfortable mouse. Once you go lightweight you can't go back to large heavy mice like the Intellimouse. Your accuracy will improve and micro-adjustments will be easier.

Zowie FK2 and Logitech G203 are good choices. EC2-A if those are too small. Use them on a good cloth mousepad (G-SR and Swift-RX are the best I've tried.)

I have a Zowie, I don't even remember how I got it. I had a old Microshit laser one before that. No idea where you would even start with mouses now adays. Just never get anything with "gamer" attached or related to it.

Zowie, for the simple man. Don't do anything fancy, doesn't look fancy, just an all around solid mouse.

why we making these threads? I see the same content posted in every mouse thread. I bet I am talking to the same people I talked to last thread. That 4d mouse, that trackpad, all of them posted already at some point.

These kinds of mice are made specifically for older audiences of people who have issues with their hands that dont work as well as they used to, so they have to find a mouse they can grip more comfortably that isn't killing their hands.
Source: my dad

Just to suffer.
Ice cream? I love ice cream!

What are you some kind of casual?

Does it also have two lasers?

Ugh, fucking nasty.

There's at least one user here who doesn't have shit taste.

That thing looks fucking awful, and it's $100. Sorry that you like burning money.

Well, that complete lack of literacy certainly explains your shit taste.

Intellimouse 1.1 was my main mouse for like 7 years. Had 4 of them. When it died and I couldn't find another one I went with the Razer DeathAdder 2013. A shame someone droped it on the floor and it died with 1 year of use, so I got pissed and bought a Logitech G502. It's too damn heavy and it makes my pinky finger go numb, also it makes my thumb sweat due to its format and rubber coating. So I got another DeathAdder 2013 and Ive been really happy ever since. I also tried out the Logitech G203 and its ok, light and responsive but its nowhere as ergonomis as the deathadder, also its skates are too small and the DeathAdder its way more smooth on my mouse pad. So, really, the DeathAdder Elite is the one I would buy ATM, with 50 million clicks rated buttons. Also, I read good things about the Logitech G403, but I actually haven't tried it yet. It looks very close to the DeathAdder, and it's light and have decent mouse skates, might be worth a try.

They typically start double-clicking inside 3 months. Most people just don't notice or care.

Source: I've owned seven Deathadders (2013s and Chromas) back from when I could expense them, and I've still got a couple Chromas NIB in a file cabinet behind me.

My WMO 1.1a died last month so I bought another from eBay. I don't know why it's so hard to get a good ambidextrous mouse that is built well.

Zowie's a "gaming" brand though. That said, I'll also endorse them. Luckily BenQ hasn't ruined them, yet.

How long did it last? I have an original WMO from 2002 that still works fine and the build actually feels a little bit different (better quality?). I have had some newer ones that have all died within a few months (purchased new) and actually feel a bit cheaper.

I wonder if there is a way to check the serial number to find which WMOs are from an old batch vs newer ones which all seem to break quickly.

The DeathAdder Elite is a new model with switches rated at 50 million clicks. At least thats what they say…
razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-deathadder-elite

Middle mouse buttons always start to fail on these gayming mouses. Uber lame.

How disappointing, looks like they're still spending far more on marketing than they are in R&D. The DeathAdder is probably the most ergonomic mouse in existence, but almost everything else about it is mediocre to terrible.

Now if only Logitech would get their shit together and combine the 502's excellent build quality and features in a body with DeathAdder-tier ergos, and you'd have the best mouse in existence.

The modern Intellimouse 3.0 is complete garbage. Scroll wheel will scroll on its own or not scroll when you want it, the bigger thumb button (the "back button") is double clicking, and there's a giant beam of light coming out of the rear that you'll need to cover. The coating has also worn off from where my index finger and palm rests. I've only had this mouse for 9 months.

G502.

I've owned a G502 for three years, I bought it along with two other mice when my Gigabyte M6800 died. If they were available at the time, I would have bought another M6800. For it's price it's a great mouse. The replacement model, the M6900 had a laser sensor and while it kept the same comfortable shape, in use I found it far too sensitive. Playing around with the settings didn't provide satisfactory results.

The next mouse was a Roccat Savu. This would have been perfect if it was heavier and larger. I'd recommend it for anyone with smaller hands or someone who prefers using a claw grip.

The G502 was initially perfect. It's shape fitted my hand so well. I could effortlessly switch between a claw grip or a palm grip. The generous thumb rest was also nice. After three years all buttons still function as new. The issue for me has been the rubber coating. The areas where I grip it with my thumb and little finger has completely worn through. The rubber is too soft and disintegrates as my hand sweats. I have bought another one, so in time I will see if the issue has been fixed on newer models.

OFFICIAL MOUSE POWER RANKINGS.
1. Trackball

POWAH GAP
90000000000. Everything else.

How does the Logitech G403 hold up to the Logitech G400?

If I didn't already have a G402 that's what I'd get since it's the cheapest asymmetrical one they have.

I bought into this meme when my last mouse was getting shitty and honestly i really like it, moreso when realizing i can turn the stupid lights on it down

I don't think you'll find many people that will tell you the Deathadder is a bad mouse. It isn't.

However, there are a number of issues with it that keep most enthusiasts away from it:
- Horrible lifetime, usually breaking from medium-heavy use in a year (as opposed to other mice in its price range which can last 2-5 years or more at the same load)
- Overpriced, where the quality of the mouse is closer to $30-$40 entry-level gaming mice
- Poor construction quality, meaning features may not last as long as they should (at worst) or will start to feel 'off' sooner than usual (at best)
- Aggressive gamer aesthetic (Not necessarily a con if you don't care or prefer its design)
- I believe it requires drivers but I can't be certain, so this point may be moot

Its not bad its just designed for manlets

wat?

Functionally speaking, it's a good mouse. If you use it as a mouse, it's a good mouse. Most of what I listed doesn't directly relate to the Deathadder's ability to function. Build quality and lifespan are things you don't notice while you use the mouse.

Height has nothing to do with hand size. I'm 6'1 and have tiny rat-hands, whereas my manlet brother has massive hands.

Also Zowie make the best mice for handlets.

I'm 6'1 too but I find the DA a bit too small. My hands aren't even the largest either. Like medium-large sized.

I wish more companies took a clue from Zowie and released the same mouse if different sizes.

Does razer mouse need online connectivity through its software to work or is it just the keyboard?

Why not get the bigger variant from Zowie?

I just bought a regular optical by microsoft on newegg.
Much more comfortable than the smaller semi-recent optical models they released.
Wheel is smooth but otherwise fine, I previously had the white model.
For the longest time these were sold for ridiculous prices on ebay by scalpers, it's now reasonable and shipped mainly from inventory in Asia.

I am using an FK1 right now, which is actually slightly small for my hand but works well enough (ideal shape for me is the WMO) for my style of claw grip. Tried the FK1+ and found it to be a bit too wide (wider than a Sensei), but liked the way the hump fit the back of my palm. The ZA11 just has a really weird shape. The EC1 fits my hand well but is not totally ideal for claw due to its size.

It seems like every mouse out there is too small or large compared to a WMO and just doesn't fit my hand 100%. Why can't anyone just copy the shape and sell it? Are there legal problems with this?

Functionally speaking, a short lifespan means it's a shit mouse because it no longer functions.

Any suggestions for wireless mice, or are they still shit?

The reposters think they're being funny/clever.

my corsair sabre rgb, despite being a gaymen rgb mouse, does what it should.

it's wired, has forward and back buttons, tracks well and is solid. I don't need any more out of it.

my biggest complaints are that the palm light is super fucking bright until you adjust it and the right edge platform is too small and sharp. I'm used to it now but when I first bought it, it took me a couple days to adapt.

fuck the pain away

gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g403-prodigy-wireless-gaming-mouse

I'll check it out.

Don't, the G602 shits all over it and is having a ridiculous sale right now.

amazon.com/G602-Lag-Free-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00E4MQODC

Literally any gaming mouse you will buy will outclass it ten fold and I have no idea why you waited this fucking long

Hell even the "Holy grail" of mice the MX518 has 13ms of lag for any mouse movement

Any logitech gaming mouse since 2009 and Razer since 2014 has sub 4ms lag, some logitechs even have under 1.2ms lag

What the fuck took you so long?