twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/902573147592900608
twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/896047063024025602
twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/902611292841586689
twitter.com/SEGA/status/903135405087887361
twitter.com/bsthlc/status/903230766812991488
sonicadvancerevamped.tumblr.com/
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72872
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is that gay picture anyway? Some crappy 80s anime?

All I know is that's Christian Whitehead's twitter avatar.

So who's gonna answer for this?

What's the matter with Denuvo? :^)

TL;DR they're pretending that the outrage is just about the offline shit and not about blatantly lying and cheating people out of their money.

Didn't you already use that image last thread?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Now THIS is shitposting.

12 GAME OVERS YOU KIKE

I responded to that email by sending them a picture of my torrent download finished and a copy of my refund.

Didn't Baldman say he made a bot to crack Denuvo games in a couple of hours. Well it's more than a couple of hours you fuck.

Yes user. bong sega are the ones responsible for this

Denuvo is neutral.

Too bad there's no crack yet. I really hope CPY/Baldman/Fitgirl does it soon, because the longer it takes, the less of a big flaming 'fuck you' to Sega it'll be.

Actually because of a certain slav's work to drink more vodka it's actually going to be cracked at a rapid pace.

It's from inte5tella 5555

Pirates don't have DRM null argument.

Answer for what? A minuscule group of autists kneejerking over something that doesn't affect the game? Sega shouldn't even bother responding, like every tempest in a teapot it will be forgotten almost immediately. Steam users lack attention span and willpower in equal measure, so the impact on their business is negligible.

If denuvo gets cracked all the time, why is it a problem :^)?

Was planning on buying it day one to play with someone special. Ill wait for a crack or for denovo to go away. Never preorder

wow

I'm rightfully mad at a certain fat faggot jew fuck

Ah thanks

I'd buy it if it wasn't for fucking Denuvo

Call me when the "Sonic Mania just got cracked" thread happens

Pay me and I'll give you that call

Post yfw it gets cracked

nigga das a rabbit.

What a delightful shock.

Worst Korea has their own SNL? What? Are there other countries that have SNL spinoffs?

Firgirl doesn't crack games. Fitgirl only repacks (usually with freearc).

Nice shitpost.
If I wanted to pirate the game, I'd just wait a few days and get it then. The last Denuvo game was pirated within 5 days. I want Sonic Mania to be successful, but putting invasive and constrictive DRM in a 2D 90's inspired platformer is awful. I preordered it when I heard it was gud on other platforms, I really want a refund now, and I don't want to support companies in bed with Denuvo

Took 'em long enough
To be honest, I found it to be too much of a casual platformer and something I wouldn't bother replaying in the future, I really just bought it to shitpost

I'm not sure if Denuvo's paying them or Sega.

I'm paying them. Shitposting is a profitable business.

It's really too bad, because Sonic Mania is a pretty fun game.
Having played through it, it's really disappointing that there are only 5 original zones. 13 zones sounded awesome, but 8 rehashes? That's excessive. I like my nostalgia as much as the next retarded faggot, but the game should be loaded with original content, with the nostalgia as extra flavor, not just "reimagined" stages with a couple original levels.

The remixed old stages are packed with new stuff
Though most of it's just recycled gimmicks from 2 or from the 3&K remake that never happened
Still, the ones with bigger changes are practically entirely new zones

Honestly, I don't even like the original zones much, most of them are a good example of attempting to pack in too much stuff, making the experience unfocused

Should we place bets on how long till the Denuvo crack?

I give it a week.

Hol up

What does this game do differently from the originals? I'm having a hard time finding a justification for purchasing this.

Nothing
Don't buy

I have to agree. Instead of feeling fresh, they felt like an oversaturated hamfisted throwback. I was expecting Garden Press to be hype as fuck too, but it let me down. Flying Battery zone has the weakest remix to date as well.
I'd be a lying fucker if I said I wasn't weak for Mirage Saloon though.

I swear to god that place was inspired by Rancho Mirage.

It remixes them with a few extra nuggets, that's it. It's nostalgia bait really.
My high was come down, well our high, so we're back to being critical of it.
I'd still buy it in hopes for future projects though, too bad I won't because of Denuvo. They were so fucking close.

Mirage Saloon's cool, but it's still got that thing where they put in a bunch of little details and gimmicks, though it's cooler and less intrusive there than in a clusterfuck like studiopolis
That and the reliance on references really drove the whole thing down, like the entire first act as sonic being a cop out sky chase rehash, or the act 2 boss being an easy and boring "HEY REMEMBER THESE GUYS" joke

And at least flying battery got a fair bit of new stuff, hydrocity was basically the same but with water level changing and boats

Hahahaha I fucking told you faggots and you all ridiculed me. Go fuck yourself.

Fuck me user.

Hydrocity was weak as fuck, so was Lava Reef holy shit.
The novelty wore off and now it does feel like a rehash.
I hope the next game (if any) isn't so heavy with the references, or any for that matter.

Bitch, Flying Battery was the best. Those outdoor sections were cool.

References are fine, but not when they get in the way of gameplay
Like, the fight against metal sonic was super disappointing because they didn't know how to make a good race-fight so they padded it out with three other phases of boring chase segments and an easy "HA HA 8-BIT SILVER SONIC AND WOW IS THAT A CHAOTIX REFERENCE" thing

Mean Bean is the shit though, that was a good idea

That's it, going to Sega headquarters in America and bitching.

FUCKING FINALLY

I somehow managed to wriggle free of Segas bullshit pre-order scam, they can go fuck themselves with a rake. I've got $18 in my Steam wallet, what should I pick up instead of this DRM infested garbage?

Checked. Denuvo is cancer, and anyone who supports it is retarded.

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

I am playing SteamWorld Heist and is pretty good.

It's only 14.99$.

Multiplayer games? Why would you pay for single player stuff?

I'm talking about the music. It was shit to hear the second act removing the high frequency bells and completely ruining the feel of the level. Tee Lopes didn't do the old tracks much justice save for maybe Metallic Madness. If it wasn't for Falk to save his ass, I guarantee the OST would have sounded like shit.
soundcloud.com/hunty/flying-battery-act-1-saturn-style
I was expecting something like the above song here. There are so many artists that can fucking run circles over Tee, even WITH a smaller follower pool.
No idea why they chose him out of all people

Yeah, style over substance bothered me.
The could have EASILY made the race like the Dimensional Heist bonus stage.
No idea why they didn't take advantage of that, it really seems like something Sega back then would have done, innovation, graphics race and such

a noose

it has its own website it must be true!

sega.com/denuvo

Will Denuvo affect the performance/FPS of the game?

so they admit that denuvo affects performance even for a 2d sprite game? kek

Why is this even worthy of a second thread? Are "I don't like this" generals now a thing?

Full Page

LOL!!! You tell 'em!
#PCDenuvo4LifeMasterRace
FUCK THE POOR PIRATES
SEGA IS BACK BABY!!

We're still angry and waiting for a crack.

At this point, present time pc gaming might as well be called denuvo gaming. There is no faggot among the mustard race, who doesn't have denuvo installed.

Denuvo, the STD of pc gaming.

make sure to buy fallout 4 on console, its drm free and provides modders a platform to make extra cash unlike denuvo trash on pc

Sonic Mania is not that great, too much reused/repurposed content and the new stuff is Sonic Advance tier.

And archived.
archive.fo/9mgNG

Paid mods are cool on nu/v/. Back to reddit

archive.is/LPA7u

It's bait, user.

If you check my ID you can see how I outright reject it, damage control, fear it, acknowledge it, then slowly begin to accept it, all in one thread.

top fucking kek

make sure to visit /r/CrackWatch/ for cracked dejewvo games friends

Nigger I haven't even bothered pirating any Denuvo games even after they got cracked. Most of them are total shit and it's gotten to the point where the existence of Denuvo is a good way to tell if the game itself is shit.

In my mind it was ok to pre-order if you knew you'd buy the game when it came out anyway. This game has proven me wrong with denuvo bullshit.

Mark my words user 1019bf, I'll never pre-order again.

The denuvo is a gift, goyim. Never forget who founded Sega. Shalom.

I admit I was incredibly fucking stupid. No getting around that at all, but I did learn my lesson.

Such delectable buthurt in this thread

Never pre-ordered before but I was 1 click away from doing it here. Feels like I dodged an artillery shell with my name on it.

Same.

>never mention DRM or Denuvo

>Fuck Sega fuck Steam too
when it is cracked I will download, I will never buy again

enjoy your """"""""""freedom""""""""""" I'll enjoy my games :)

Remember in 2015 when everyone was calling Aaron based for shitposting on the Twitter account?

morally speaking, sega did nothing wrong.

Actually at best it's morally questionable
At worst they've committed advertising fraud and are liable for damages.

nonsense, they never said it wouldn't have DRM. You're being a silly drama queen.

there you go

I still think that Aaron and the devs are under a gag order by the higher-ups.

as great as the saturn was, it was due for replacement, unless you really want technology to stagnate.

Sonic was also the biggest change platformers ever saw at the time, true innovation and it shook up the industry.

As far as we knew back then, he was based. Although consider the following, the PC release is handled by SEGA of Europe, Aaron works for SEGA of America. He's just a PR guy at the end of the day and considering his call to contact SEGA about the DRM, I'd say the "optimisations" excuse for the delay was all he was given to work with by SEGA of Europe. But on the other hand if he was aware of Denuvo shit then it was a pretty shitty thing to not mention it. I'm not really sure how to feel about this at the end of the day.
Also this. If he was aware, he was almost certainly under NDA.

Why would he?

Get a better image user.

It's newer but it looks worse

Why would they remaster a series and only add 2 or 3 levels from each game?

Making levels is haaaaard user :

(9) posts and you still haven't played the game

Nice meme famango.

He claims it's not his decision and also repeated Aaron's call to contact SEGA.
twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/902573147592900608
Take it with a grain of salt as usual with these kind of things.

Fukken saved.

They deliberately obfuscated it and considering the grant dates of Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and activation dates of sonic mania preorders knowingly attempted to circumvent Steam's refund policy

how's that wait going? ;)

learn to read EULAs ;)

FUCK HIM !!!

EULAs that include terms to circumvent an end user's rights are null and void and always have been :^)

To be devils advocate. SEGA was going to do something stupid in regards to sonic. There was no way Aaron would have our approval all the time.

He also hinted at DRM as best as he could the day it was delayed
twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/896047063024025602
He also basically said he wasn't allowed to shit talk it
twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/902611292841586689

WHERE IS THE CRACK, CPY?

Oh, and that's aside from the fact that Stealth himself got publicly pissed at sega when they implied the devs were the ones responsible for denuvo
But hey, fuck them, right?

learn to read EULAs ;) You would know about the DRM then and wouldn't have to worry about your 2 week time limit, my little steam shill.

It wasn't in the EULA, nigger

Fine, actually.

Legally Uninforcable.

There was no mention of it in the EULA. Therefore, people can take SEGA to court.

Soon user….

I'm gonna put my collector's edition in the closet…. it is only a statue symbolizing how I got fucked my a dishonest Sega and social media fags.>>13331529

let's see which one of you does it :)

PC users

Steam>steamapps>common>Sonic Mania
[Game]
devMenu=y

press esc on menu

It is literally not in the eula
Kill yourself shitposter

If you mean literally. Sure.
I was planning on drawing some smut art between him and mark honestly.

twitter.com/SEGA/status/903135405087887361

Ouch.

I'm curious. What makes you say that and why do you imply it's bad? I love Advance games and I don't really see anything on Mania correlating to the Mania games.

What did he mean by this?

You love shit level design with leaps of faith into bottomless pits, bullshit scavenger hunts to get chaos emeralds, and retarded mechanics?

kill urself my man

We do the same thing to actually. MTV stole Silent Library.

Why is worst Cuckrea so shit?

Sega of Europe are retarded. They sacrificed 2 weeks of sales, and paid scam money to Denuvo just to lose sales and trust for something that's going to get cracked in less than 48 hours.

That's Sega of America too.

Sega of America doesn't do anything with regards to PC development, though.

Hitler without mustache?

Wait hang on
I think there were like 3 dudes from sega of america who popped in Genesis models for that VR Sega genesis thing they had a couple days ago

Wait it wasn't a couple days ago it was like a year ago, and I'm not sure if it actually has VR support

SEGA of America isn't much beyond mobile games, the sonic shitposting twitter and Atlus at this point. They've been ceremoniously gutted and destroyed multiple times by the kikes at Japan, while the good goys at europe get more all the devs. In fact i'm sure SoJ has something to do with this, they clearly don't want the Americans to beat them and their hyper autistic Sonic with deviant art OCs and the sonic army.

GOTTA CRACK FAST

I thought this was Sega proving to be completely out of touch by asking people to join the exact branch that's garnering controversy right noe until I realized that Sega must've fired one of the fuckers there because of the shitstorm. There's still DRM but this thought makes me happy.

No dude you got it wrong

Odds are they're just looking for someone to handle the shitstorm better once Forces pops up with Denuvo.

I still don't understand why insta-shield and super peel-out is a secret that can only be used in a mode where you can't save your progress and only one at a time and they also override the aerial spindash.
If someone can make a romhack that adds all those moves at the same time, why the fuck they can't?

They also added exactly nothing to tails and knuckles, making them even more outdated.
When sonic 3&K complete and ATS DX has better gameplay than your game, and you're being paid to make it, you gotta rethink your life choices.

Press Garden is comfy as fuck.
The sonicCD levels are even worse than i remember them

Well, to be fair
This is the guy who said there was no real reason to let you switch between spindash styles in the Sonic CD remake on the fly.

Insta-shield overriding the drop dash is understandable because they use the same control
Cucking the peel out is just spite though

Also Tails and Knux are fine, Tails was always supposed to be bitchmode sonic, and Knuckles is still great, I think he might even feel a bit weightier

And the CD levels are objectively better than they were in every way by virtue of actually having fucking level design this time

Insta-shield you tap the button in the air, drop dash you hold it down.

And so implementing them both at once would either give you two different actions performed at the same time with one button press, making them just one big action, or if kept separate it would make them a control nightmare

Anyone who believes that Sonic CD had any remote semblance of good level design deserves to be shot.
Also Tails and Knuckles are literally perfect.

But one thing that made ATS feel better was the ability to roll out of a spring and ACTUALLY ALLOW FOR DROP DASH TO ACTIVATE ANY TIME AS LONG AS YOU'RE IN BALL FORM.
You have no idea how much this fucked me up when I played how ATS did it then go to Mania and it made me realize how much the drop dash needs this key distinction. It would make gameplay flow so much smoother.

Yeah, these restrictions to the drop dash doesn't make a lot of sense, i played ATS DX just after finishing mania and was astounding as how the drop dash was way more natural with just this two additions (being able to re-spin and start a drop dash from any move as long as you're in ball mode).

they could just add both moves to up+jump, in the ground it's the peel out and in the air is the insta shield, they also put two jump buttons, just make it so the second button use the insta-shield if pressed in the air.

I want to impregnate Christian Whitehead!!!
SO. BAD.

If a crack comes out I hope I can use it on my Steam version to remove it unless that's not really the way these things work or some shit. God damn I just wanted to play some vidya but then this whole bombshell dropped. Denuvo is still disappointing but I've been waiting for this game since it was revealed over a year ago, so, hey, whatever. Not like I could've refunded it anyways because I only discovered that Denuvo was a thing in it until after I was playing for the 2 hours they give you, anyways. At least they're still a pretty chill company so, hey, I'm not giving up hope just yet; maybe something cool will happen and Shenmue 3 will be kickass and then we'll get another NiGHTs and maybe a new JSR.

But god damn is this whole shitshow kinda sad. It's like the launch of the game was soured as much as the 25th anniversary show it was revealed at was. I was expecting comfi but I just got dumpfi.

Has the game already been cracked?

Damn shame since outside that giant red denuvo flag the pc version is currently the most functional, allows for drop dash with shields and ties super sonic to its own button, large collection of bug fixes and more, might as well been nothing with that fucking DRM shit strapped to it.

Why did you do it Sega?
You fucking retards

I just wanted to support good bideo james and have a good time sega why did you do this to me

Oh god me too, I very much want to have a good smell of his musky asshole scent, to get his personalised print inside my virgin lungs PERMANENTLY, this includes Tee Lopes.
They look so similar, but that can change from the inside, I yearn so bad to know who's cock is bigger, to know from experience who's the strongest, biggest, meanest, most dominant, passionate lover of the two. The one who can take me and forever change the way I see all men. To love me in a way that will break me completely, yet, keep me closer to a man who will protect me.

I want to kiss them simultaneously, pressing our sizzling scorching lips against each other, burning hot breath exhaling exhilaration, an exaltation of ecstasy, pressing my palms against their warm aching groins, running my fingers across the base and to the shaft.
The growing erections increasing in impressive size until my hand can barely grip them, firm heads and intimidating form make me tremble for what's to come. The warmth and density of the first shaft feels like a very well sculpted figure, and the pointed tip is nice and red on Christian, but is very sleek, shiny, purple and bulbous on Tee. One is cut, the other, uncut.

To feel their big strong hands firmly grab my hips, making their way to my bottom, spreading my cheeks then pulling me closer to them until my chest presses against them both. A faint pressure growing in my insides as Tee's index finger creeps inside me without hesitation. I grit my teeth a bit and take deep breaths because he's clearly rushing it, but the motions in turn, make my prostate considerably sensitive, giving me an erection, I'm not quite ready but I won't mind it this once. Impatient boy, he clearly wants it, I do too, I'm just afraid to show it. Deathly afraid.

We continuously baste each others mouth with saliva, and the faint smell of Alcohol delivers me a pleasing, calming, but intimating emotion; They're piss drunk, and are only looking to get off. I'm clearly the kill they so desire to feast on.

We're on our knees, fritting and frotting  our cocks, applying a thin layer of our spit and precum to the three of them.
I'm easily beaten in size. Ashamed, embarrassed and extremely aroused, I keep making out with the two as I weakly thrust myself against both penises, sandwiched in the middle of the two titanic behemoths, I go back to making out.

My balance is thrown of by Christian locking his arms to my back and pulling me down to face him. Flustered, I just take a glance at his face, close my eyes, smile awkwardly at him and continue feeling his tongue wriggle around my mouth with skillful and masterful movement, I feel a sting, a sudden sharp feeling, and he's just slapped my ass with both hands, what a guy.

I sit on his stomach a bit, feeling his curved cock pulsing against my behind, grinding and throbbing, needing an entry to inject his genetic plasma ASAP.
I'm recovering first, wiping the sweat off my brow, ready to face him again. As I'm about to lean over, something jabs me deep and I yell in the least painful manner possible.

I tell him to stop because I'm not ready, but he's given me an iron grip and I can't escape, I'm struggling and panicking because I feel uncomfortable, I'm being forced to get an erection now. He's going balls deep inside of me.
I beg him desperately to stop, he gives me a firm look and says he's not the one doing it. A glance at the mirror reveals Tee gyrating himself against my ass to fit himself as snugly as possible, without a warning, he thrusts again and I scream louder. He's enjoying my pain, when I scream his blood spikes and he wants me to scream more. I'm GIVING him what he wants. (1/2)

It really is baffling. The game is great, so all they had to do to not fuck it up would be avoid controversy.

Instead they stuck the most controversial DRM in it, didn't mention it until after release, and made it so people can't easily refund. Three controversies in one.

Also, thanks. I thought I was gonna get lambasted because of this but it's nice to see some people here wanted to chill out. The Elona threads are big and booming and still chill as fuck, like, literally it's just new people getting into the game and it's fun because tons of people are discovering shit about it for the first time. I've never seen the threads this big before, so, maybe I'll ride that train.

I suppose I could also start up another Monster Rancher 2 train this year because last year I encouraged one and it was really god damn fun. Or, we could also have a chill-ass SEGA thread where we just dick around and find cool Genesis games to play.

But yeah I was legit exhilarated while playing it; once I hit Chemical Plant Zone Act 2 I had the biggest fucking grin on my face and I legit felt like a kid again; I wasn't giving the game any critique, I was just fucking playing and loving every second of it. That's the sign of a good game. I'm still playing it and enjoying myself a lot, and it has me hopeful for Sonic's future, but Denuvo is a little shitty. Hopefully SEGA will pick up on it and realize that maybe we don't want this; they've been a pretty reasonable and cool company so I think things will be able to work out. They already paid for Denuvo though so I'm not sure how they'll feel about removing it, but I guess we'll see.

They probably did it to throw the devs under the bus, since they didn't want a non-Sonic Team sonic game to do better than their upcoming 3D OC pandering game.

I hope that sonic forces bomb in such a amazing, such a ridiculously bad way, that sonic tem just get disbanded.
in the last 15 years they made a single decent game, they need to go, fast.

tldr

AJ this nerd

Holy shit, please keep going.

SONIC MANIA'S OFFLINE MODE REQUIRES AN ONLINE REACTIVATION EVERY 2 WEEKS
This is detrimental toward those actively serving in the military, and have little-to-no internet
SEGA originally started a business by coin-operated machines in WWII
Using Denuvo betrays what it was founded on

The more awful this looks on PR, the chances are greater that SEGA will have no choice but to remove Denuvo. Remember the XBone? For maximum impact, express your concerns if you have any friends or family who are active duty.

Also, many people in rural areas have inconsistent internet. Some people are still on dial-up.

Fuck you, I see the star on David in that image. You're right though, if people are gonna die for Israel, they better have something to represent them.

You still have denuvo on your system, when you uninstall the game it doesn't remove the maleware it comes with.

Do you have a list of what it installs and where? I've been trying to find this info but haven't come up with anything concrete. I started the install of Sonic Mania but cancelled it once I browsed the forums and found out it had denuvo, I still fear that my system may have been tainted before I stopped the download though.

Source?
That happened with SecuRom
Know nothing of it from Denuvo after 3 years.

Both are made by the same company the original was bought out by Sony so they made a new company and made Denuvo, Denuvo is pretty much just SecuRom 2

People keep saying this but I can't find any information on what's left behind or how to remove it, can you provide that information?

I know that
You still haven't provided a fucking source.

steam really ruined PC gaming.

As far as it goes though, Steam DRM is notoriously easy, to a degree that people aren't sure if it's not unintentional, to break and every steam game is portable.

nigger they lost the physical market to a drm store. that's the ultimate "yeah fuck freedom, ownership doesn't matter." Easy to crack or not, that's the biggest loss consumers ever saw in gaming, period.

And I said there shouldn't be a physical market where?

I'm not talking about steam DRM is what I'm saying. I'm talking about the entirety of Steam.

I'm not sure if a platform that can emulate decades of gaming history should give all that much of a shit about physical. True, "physical releases" with a steam key inside is scummy as hell, but you seem to regard discs as sacred, immutable relics that will survive four world wars and an extinction event. They're really not.

Well what you're suggesting doesn't logically follow.
Just because you purchase something digitally doesn't mean you don't own it. No matter how many arbitration clauses they shove in a EULA.

I'm talking about ownership and value. Ownership is the foundation of freedom.

You're left with nothing to show for individual purchases and this ultimately makes the market ethereal.

I mean, yeah? If you don't have physical copies you don't have physical copies that's a given, there's literally nothing stopping you from burning a portable package of the software you have to a Bluray or something so you can keep it in your house somewhere.

burning is very much impermanent, pressing is the best way to preserve optical media and if there are no pressed PC games…especially considering how many even physical games are bloated with DRM.

Well them's the breaks most you can do is try to get companies fined for violating personal fair use of copywritten material or do nothing and whinge.

I don't buy PC games any more, I don't think anyone should.

Well if you don't want to, nobody's making you. I'm just letting you know how the situation is.

And why is that an issue? It will still be free.

Has Sega said anything about the preorder scam denying refunds?

Not yet. Considering the enormous shitstorm, though, they'll have to eventually.
SEGA is gonna remove Denuvo. They should've realized by now that to not do so would be an awful business decision.

I don't know, the review bombing isn't managing to turn the score into mostly negative, people are being denied refunds and the canned e-mails they've been sending sounds like they're doubling down.

And they even made a damage control site.
sega.com/denuvo

Yeah, all those games from the past have been lost to hardware locks and DRM.
OH WAIT
Get fucked

And the retard keeps talking

So how much of this can be refuted? (With magic bullets like this: )
Or is it just (very wide spread) individual cases of it frying SDDs, bloating your system, and the other issues?

Either way- it could have 0 issues. The problem is them tagging on a game with the Pre-order to prevent refunds AND lying about requirements of the game until the last second. (And this is not the first time a company has done this, but it is the first time people have wanted refunds en masse like this)

With shit like this- it shows they are scared.
Keep pushing. If you have alt email accounts- use them.

They can hide from the problem and damage control all they want, but the shitstorm is here to stay until they remove Denuvo and issue an official apology.

I learned this with Dark Souls 2, I expected it to be as good as DaS1 on reputation alone and was so burned when it came out that I never preordered another game again. When you preorder something, even if it's guaranteed to be good, you send a message to the publisher that it doesn't matter how good the game is, it only matters how good the marketing is.

This is why I didn't preorder Dragon's Dogma despite pirating the leaked version of the PC port a week before release and playing over a hundred hours. Even though I knew for sure that it was good I didn't want to send that kind of message.

If you want us to stop Sega- just remove Denuvo and apologize.

Anons need to pay attention to the last line.

If care was taken into it and minimized, that means it affected performance, even on a 2D game

Even TB- Who's gone full cuck- has kept his policy & preaching of "never pre-order".

Preorders are no different than Kickstarter. Unless you trust the dev 100%, it will backfire. And even if you trust the dev 100%- what about the people around him also working on investing in the game?
There's also some (very ancient) image floating around, showing how the sudden influx of money can result in feature creep for good devs, make no difference to lazy devs (other than make them less keen to make the game on time since they have the moola), and will mean greedy devs do FAR less next time.

Think of it like unprotected sex, or trusting a girl when she says she's on the pill.
Even if you "know" here- don't. They want your money.

Even if it doesn't fuck over the game, it causes "bloat" on the system (making it generally slower as processes are taken up running the game in the background, even when it's supposed to be off). Plus it's a bitch to remove like McAfee.

Straight donations and patreons with no obligations are the only good ways to support a developer before they release something. All of these disasters happen because people shell out their money and build up crazy expectations about something that will never exist and they are disappointed nearly every single time.

I actually bought and played the game not knowing it had Denuvo until afterwards. Is they a way to remove it if I dont have the game on my system?

That's an oxymoron.

This is why I only bother buying games with native Linux or macOS ports since Denuvo doesn't exist on them so I can't get swindled. Might as well just pirate everything else.

But you're still giving money to the dev before they did anything.
Small regular donations you can cut off if they take too long would be the lesser of two evils, but I'd just say "don't do evil".
For indies it's more blurred, but with AAA- the rules are hard and fast.
Developers are paid by their company's coffers and/or the publisher to do the work. They may get a cut of sales but frankly not enough.
Producers take the lion's share of sales despite being the reason 90% of modern vidya is shit due to their meddling and selling to the wrong demographics, and have enough of a warchest to pay their own people.

Ask Holla Forums - but rough consensus is "you're fucked boyo".

I'm not advocating donating on patreon before they do anything at all, this is for supporting something they've done before as an encouragement to keep working on it, like when Scrawl (one of the lead OpenMW developers) had his Patreon I donated to encourage him to keep working on OpenMW and what he had already contributed up to that point was impressive and worthy of thanks.

You can easily make a killing on Patreon just by releasing jpegs of furry dicks with vague promises, a system that stacked in favor of devs is going to be good for the devs.

I think user was thinking of a good way to support a dev that is also good for the consumer, which is definitely not patreon.

Do you honestly believe some social media guy (who actually has a good relationship with his audience) would have a) had anything to do with the decision, b) been allowed as an employee to blab about it or talk it down or c) been supportive of the decision: knowing as he would have that it would be unpopular with fans (his audience)?

Painting this guy as the devil incarnate is retarded.

Minds has their own in-built patreon-esque system. No idea if they're a harsher judge of what is and is not allowable.

If you believe that Denuvo causes hard drive problems you are a retard.

Literally only one guy claimed that without proofs on a forum and a bunch of people believed it and spread it, this fake issue has been debunked a long time ago, Denuvo is shit, but believing in random shit and spreading misinformations and lies only make you ignorant, don't act like the msm you fucking idiot.

Can you explain why, with evidence to back up your claims?

I was under the impression that the hard drive fuckery was due to rampant read/write cycles that would burn through an SSD faster than a competent computer user would.

denuvo is basically the benghazi of vidya. one anonymous man said "im a professional trust me on these horrible facts" and everyone ran with it while doing no fact checking

Where are these facts of which you speak? Do you have sources to back up your claims?

Crack when

Soon.

t. Denuvo shill

twitter.com/bsthlc/status/903230766812991488

I keep seeing this kind of complaint everytime when it comes to discuss the Dimps games, and I still don't get it. How exactly are bottomless pits bad? What makes it different from normal pits other Sonic games had? Is it because it doesn't feel good to see your character falling to the death slowly instead being a quick death, or what? Dimps games has bottomless pits, but normal pits are has been with Sonic since Sonic 1.

It's tolerable on Advance 1. All you need to do is find the big spring hidden somewhere on the zones and jump on it. None is preventing you to use first either Knuckles or Tails to have more facility on finding them, then play Sonic and Amy last once you already know where are they all.

I have to agree you on Advance 2 and 3, though. Focusing on exploration really doesn't work for Sonic, and theses games (plus CD) shows it. It's really boring to spend most time on searching Chaos or special rings to unlock the special stages. You're better off using cheats that bypass the requirement, yeah.

In any case, none of Advance games or any Sonic game existent force you to find the emeralds. You can ignore them and play through the game.

Please, explain further on that matter. On what type of mechanic are you especially referring? The physics? The way the characters control? The abilites each character has? I need more information, if you please.

I didn't notice what I have written until you pointed it.

My bad. I meant to say "I don't really see anything on Mania correlating to the Advance games.".

I FUCKING WARNED YOU FAGGOTS LAST THREAD, BUT NOBODY WANTED TO LISTEN. YOU THOUGHT A COMPANY IN CURRENT YEAR WASN'T GOING TO JEW OUT, BLINDED BY YOUR NOSTALGIAFAGGOTRY, BUT LOOK AT IT NOW

GET FUCKED, YOU GOOD GOY SONICFAGS

I'm starting to think that him sucking denuvo's dick is literal.

hey
maybe Holla Forums should look into connections between denuvo and the yazuka
perhaps you'll discover many non-coincidental things as a result
t. Holla Forums
also >implying that I pre-ordered it

He's into findom, the only true jewish fetish.

The guy clearly requires an oxygen tank and the tube is fed through the largest dragon dildo in existence with "Denuvo Anti-Tamper" embossed on the tip, seated comfortably in his esophagus.

They're instant death
In the main games they're only put in lower parts of later levels that are supposed to be harder, and you can see them coming, they're a punishment for doing bad
In the advance games they're put wherever the fuck, and knowing where they are(and knowing where you're actually supposed to go) is a matter of having enough lives to trial and error your way through it
Absolutely garbage

As far as shit mechanics, I mean stuff like unnecessary extra character moves that clutter movesets for no real benefit, those dumbass midair tricks that were only in the game because this was the era where they were trying to make sonic XTREEM, and those fucking character team up moves from 3 that controlled weird and could take moves away from your main because they couldn't figure out a way to make all the team moves useful

Don't forget rail-grinding, the worst thing to ever happen to Sanic.

The whole "gotta go fast" concept is the worst thing that happened. That's what's led to the 3D games being shitty race courses.

It is actually being cracked right now and PC version is going to be more superior for the mods. :)

Rail grinding would be fine if they didn't just use it as a glorified autorun segment to get the player from point A to point B because they were too lazy to make an actual level
I think it would actually work even better in 2D than 3D because the platforming required is less finnicky
A good example of this is in the previous best sonic game to come out in years, Shovel Knight Specter of Torment

aw

As much as I love the advance trilogy. You're right about all of that. The moves, the tricks, the FUCKING PITS. Everything. The only thing I think Advance did objectively right and no one bothered to improve on was the way the handled boosting. Something that was EARNED for keeping a steady high pace. Something only fans seemed to be capitalizing on.

Though the wall spindash thing they gave to knuckles in sonic advance 3 was pretty neat. Now if only they allow you to jump off the wall after the spindash that would be neat. Also a companion that instantly gave you top speed was also neat.

XD

Welp, I guess we'll never get a Mania 2 then. Fucking Sega.

CRACK FUCKING WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Life is Tumblr just got cracked, should be a matter of time now.

Hackers have fucked up priorities tbh

Oh my. I didn't even know it was out yet, let alone released yesterday, that just brings up so many questions. I assume it's using the newest version, how the hell did it get cracked so fast? Who the fuck is Steam006?
WHY LIFE IS TUMBLR?

Oh nevermind, it's because it's using Unity. Incredible.

You see dimps design likes this.
Dimps loves to do this shit way too much and until rush where they zoomed shit way the fuck back you'd almost never see it without already knowing or playing slow.
They never improve on this and only get worse and worse at designing levels as they go on.

What's this about Unity and Denuvo? Heard that one before.

It's crazy how alike yet so distinguished the two groups are.

I have no idea how or why, but apparently Denuvo just doesn't work well with Unity. White Day had it and was cracked within 24 hours. I guess something about the way Unity works makes it hard for Denuvo to dig it's tendrils in.

Please be a troll

Yeah man that GBA screen sure displays a lot of shit in front of you, can't even have a full loop on screen. Good job ignoring where I said the issues became less after they put it on a system with a larger screen and zoomed out

There's a PC version of Sonic Advance someone is making. Game looks a lot better when you have a big resolution to work with.

Got a link my man, I'd be up to play it with a reasonable screen size.

You humongous faggots don't even know where you're standing. Read cycles don't damage SSD's at all. God damnit Holla Forums is so fucking dumb.

sonicadvancerevamped.tumblr.com/

Thanks

And many more results if you just google

I understand your frustration, I too have hated the small horizontal field of view in all of the 2D Sonic games. They all share this flaw, save the ones with a much larger field of view that you mentioned. That is my point.

What about the newer ones? I thought studiopolis was excellent, and mirage was an absolute fucking banger. The theme of the hardboiled heavies might just be my favorite sonic boss theme thus far. I won't lie though, my least favorite stage musicwise was stardust.

It's only a matter of time before Denuvo is removed.
Once Mania is cracked, SEGA will have no choice but to issue an official apology, since their plan didn't work.

it already is cracked, user

If you accept it, you're more of a problem then they are

I'll never understand how after all this time anyone can still defend Denuvo without being a legitimate Denuvo shill.

uh huh

I'd like to support future Taxman and Stealth releases and that's simply not happening under Denuvo.

Both games have them. Your post(>>13337235) says Advance is bad for doing the exact same shit the classic games do and ignoring that fact present even in images you yourself posted.

If you expect SEGA to actually learn from their mistake or not implement denuvo in the future you are naive. if taxman does do more sonic games then you can definitely expect more forced Denuvo

Oh, so now it's only bad that the bottomless pits exist in the first place
I see

I'm not holding my breath, but I won't ignore it if they do. Now I know for sure Sega is petty enough to deface a $20 fan favorite, so no more good will towards them.

THE CRACK IS OUT BOYS, CHECK YOUR FAVORITE TRACKER

CRACKED BY WHO? POST PROOF

Calling bullshit on that, I don't see anything new

Disregard any and all posts claiming it's cracked, always check the ruskies.

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=72872

y u do dis

⒴⒪⒰

I feel like removing it would be an even bigger slap in the face.

You fooled no one….

To whom?

Fuck it I'm not buying this

Any legit torrents yet? all I checked reek of malware

Nothing, because it'll be cracked in a day anyway.

IT'S NOT CRACKED YET.

CRACK NEVER EVER.

Just buy already, faglords. There's nothing scary about denuvo, its not a malware or anything.

nice try sega

Jesus Christ this board really is full of redditors.

To think there are still many people defending Holla Forums's alleged intelligence.

Because an actual code in unity games is in .dll, so when you run .exe file you run the .dll with important code and it's easy as fuck to crack .dll files compared to .exe files. Devs can't modefy .exe in unity.

ftfy

I blame the gaymangay general

I don't remember Holla Forums ever not being dumb as fuck, way back when Holla Forums didn't exist and cuckchan was all we had, it was the same.
Are you saying pre-gamergate Holla Forums Holla Forums was better?

why the fuck are you spergs here

Holla Forums in general is for self hating masochists

His avatar makes more sense if you compare it with how he looks IRL.

user gaymangay started with purpose but died by November of 2014. Anyone who still latches on to that shitshow are ether shills trying to milk it for shekels or retards who don't realize its been co-opted.

How was it co-opted?

he's probably gonna say "muh milo" even though he hasn't been part of it for 2 years.
MundaneMatt is in jail.
"IA here holy shit" is off doing his own thing voice acting ED articles
sarcuck is fighting le ebil nozzies

the answer is there is no co-opt.

lol holly shit!

niggers and jews obviously. Have you even browsed the general? It full liberal redditors.

What the fuck, is he? Googling "MundaneMatt jail" turns up up nothing.

What, specifically? What actions have these people taken that redirected the main objective? How was GG changed for the worse?

sorry friends I had a massive brain fart and conflated please use archive.is with matt.

Ethan Ralph, the retorter.

I see that literacy is not your forte.

I'm not literate in your retard language, that's right.

Don't be naive, user.
whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

I like this list because it compiles factual, reasonable reasons and no myth bullshit

So you are saying "turn off that pesky addblock" CuckstainFat is a clickbating sandnigger miscegenating hillbilly that is involved with GNAA KikeGoons and shills for the Jew Milo?

well yeah but he's dropping so fast into obscurity he's gone past Rich Review Tech.

I think the new gg youtube e-celeb is that indian kid apple-bend

where's the fucking crack, eggman

you said there would be crack

i like it because its made by reddit

I have no idea if this is legit or free malware. Any thoughts on that?

STEAMPUNKS is legit as far as I'm aware, but that video is three days old. If it's been cracked for three days, why haven't we heard anything about it?

This is EXACTLY what scares me. If it was "cracked" days ago, then how come no person in the internet outside of the STEAMPUNKS group itself has shared this to us or to any other community? I thought first because it's fake, but if you say it's legit, then I don't know what's going on.

Not only this crack, if you look at the video's description, you will see there's another two types of "crack" made by CPY.

I need more evidence, as this still smells bullshit. Someone here could set up a virtual machine, download the game files and the "crack" to the VN, then open it to see if it really works.

holy fuck. someone who actually knows how to read an .nfo file properly.

I can't wait for the new expansion:
Sonic Mania:
Fuck Denuvo & Knuckles