What game would be the absolute worst to speedrun?

All's in the title, but to give context, consider you are given the ability to curse your worst enemy to get into the speedrun of a game. Which do you choose to maximize suffering?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gwy3DnB273I?t=376
youtube.com/watch?v=zBUanZOznxk
twitch.tv/videos/86942922
cwpat.me/beginner-fangames/
speedrun.com/dqvii
bsgen-new.neocities.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dorf fort

Whichever one has to take more than a week of continuous play.

any MMO. Barring that then any game with auto scrolling. At that point you would have to find a way to break the game to bypass some of those partsl

Sin & Punishment 2

Obviously. The point is to find the worst in that category.

user, that's not suffering, that's just impossible.

probably 100%ing skyrim's infinite quest

I probably should have mentioned we're talking about any%. Anything infinite is clearly too easy.

I've been wondering a similar question. How would you guys make a game specifically to troll speedrunners?

It seems it would depend on the genre, but let's say you were making a platformer to troll speedrunners. How would you do it?

I'm an amateur game dev and I may or may not actually make a game like this because I think speedrunners are cancer

FE5 LTC

There are people who speedrun and challenge run modern WoW leveling. It just keeps getting faster and faster and not because of exploits being found.

MTG

20 damage, turn one. Initial combo cant have more than 4 pieces, so as to make it reliable

Something with a lot of QTEs and unsinkable cut scenes, slow movement and no easy way of breaking the game to skip to the last stage, so David Cage games like Fahrenheit or Heavy Rain, because they would take a lot of time and would also be boring to watch. Hell even visual novels with the skip text function, would be bad, because nobody would want to watch someone skipping all the text, and selecting one of two choices from time to time.

Without going into extreme game length like JRPGs, RNG is typically the speedrunner's worst enemy. If you want to get really in-depth about your trolling, design your levels so you have of an opportunity to skip a significant part of the level, but it is ridiculously difficult to achieve.

also random enemy battles

*so you often have an opportunity

Timed objects and wave encounters probably. For example, take a Doom level. There are line functions in the base game that let you set a door to close for 30 seconds then open. This can be used very well for locking down forward movement so the player has to survive a short encounter. Don't know how you'd do it with a platformer though.

I would have said REZ sometime ago, but after trying it for myself I realized REZ is actually optimizable and way fucking hard to optimize on top of that.

That would be more like and extremely long JRPG with lots of unsinkable voiced cutscenes and unskipable long animations during summons or spells. It should also feature lots of backtracking, with no fast travel(until the late game), lots of random encounters and grinding sessions.
On the other hand, there are speedrunners for Ys games and they do have an allotted time for grinding, but what they usually do is try and reach the best equipment early on, even going into high level dungeons, avoiding the monsters, then doing a bit of grinding.

auto-scrolling platformers

Baten Kaitos 100%

Going from one of the recent IWBTG clone engine
and add a bunch of the hardest humanly doable jump
like those for example
youtu.be/Gwy3DnB273I?t=376
youtube.com/watch?v=zBUanZOznxk
twitch.tv/videos/86942922
But only if the previous screens are cleared fast enough.

If you just do autoscroller a couple people are just gonna pass.

Two weeks of letting your console on without doing anything isn't hard.

QTEs and things that can instantly kill you mostly.

I don't think buying boosts for 100$ qualifies as legit speedrunning. WoW's a typical blizzard p2w game, they copy pasted diablo 3 design I guess.

Random chance, Instakill qtes, autoscrolling, and if you really want to be a bitch, difficulty keyed on how quickly a section is reached.

Digimon World 3 100% had the runner start hallucinating from exhaustion 50 hours in. Supposedly the run is 500 hours long.

5 hour long bullet hell

Not what I meant.

Not bad ideas at all, but I want to avoid making it an IWBTG-style bullshit "lel i troll you" platformer. I want to make it a normal platformer that exclusively trolls speedrunners. If you're behaving and playing the game like a normal person then you enjoy it normally, but if you're speedrunning the game I bring hell and fury upon you because I hate you and everything you stand for. That's the sort of game I want to go for.

I had thought of keying difficulty to how fast you get to a particular section. Specifically each world starts with a "litmus test" level where if you complete it too fast all the stages in the rest of the world are nightmare difficulty.

Make time relevant
If a character says I'll meet you at X in ten minutes, and the guy makes it there in less than 10 minutes, make them wait until the 10 minutes pass.
Than make the character ask him did I make you wait?

Which is why I suggested having several opportunities to do large skips, which a normal player wouldn't be concerned with, being difficult to achieve.

You can make an IWBTG game with 0 trolls and only hard platforming like so.
Most people in that community actually prefer that style of clone over the "lel I trol u" ones

The weeaboo community ruined IWBTG fan-games.
Literately the only good ones are IWBT Fangame and Boshy.

Put a timer at the end of the level and a text that says that you can't pass the end level door until a certain amount of time has passed.

Baten Kaitos 100% run

The game takes at minimum 2 weeks real time to get 100% completion.

This pretty much depends on your level design skill, but you could design levels that are challenging enough on a normal run, but incredibly difficult to speed through. A thought I have in mind is the stage from Mega Man X5, Squid Adler(Volt Kraken). The non ride chaser portion of the stage is incredibly tight platforming that's impossible to speed through without taking damage and wasting your time, especially since the gimmick of the stage is manuevering around tight obstacles to trigger timed switches. The thing is X5 is a pretty short and kind of easy game so the example itself is meh, but the idea stands. You can design the game in a way that you can't take collision damage and move past enemies to counteract damage boosting and shit.

Nah you're just too casual / have shit taste.

I'm curious, how do you feel about tits the platformer Wings of Vi?

why?

wew

Anything that came out of I wanna be the engine or it's successors is an insult.

I liked Wings of Vi, but without the health-bar.
It doesn't have nearly as much tits as Shantae.

But it has some pretty damn good ones, like the orc twins.
As childish as it sounds I really respect any dev who releases a game to the world that screams "I love titties and hot chicks and there's nothing you can do about it?

So not only do you have shit taste but you can't spend two post without contradicting yourself

I agree. It's sad when devs have to censor themselves because of morals and SJWs. Massive respect for Solgryn.
Hopefully Roah(?) will be as good as WoV.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong.
There are way to many pixel-perfect spike jumpers and anime music cherry dodging games, and not enough actual fangames.

Well if we're going off the fact that you said you find Boshy and Fangame good you're definitely wrong because there's a bunch of other games in the same style and difficulty bracket out there.

Truth is I fucking hate needle too, and I still manage to find enjoyable games every so often.
I don't mind avoidance though although I can see why you would

That game already exists OP it's DmC.
Dumbed down Gameplay aside.

Mission 12
It starts
4 and a half minutes without gameplay only walk and talk bullshit
There are 7 difficulties and it's exactly the same every single time.

No one at Ninja theroy had the idea to make this skipable because they cared about there shit story more then replayablilty.

OK cool, didn't know those had actual names.

Now that I think about it, I do remember some more fangames I enjoyed like Kill The Guy and I am Bored.
It's guess that there are just so many bad ones I sat through on the yoyogames sandbox I hardly remember the ones I enjoyed.

Fate/Grand Order, or any mobage story questline.

Yeah I know, there' maybe 6-8k games 75% are just trash and maybe 100 of those any given person won't hate, and among those maybe 10 or so they will really enjoy
But that's what the beginner guide and delicious-fruit.com are for.
cwpat.me/beginner-fangames/

anything where every single drop and enemy pattern is determined by rng

This is pretty cool, thanks.

Honestly I'm all for that, unpredictable enemies are great but then you run into the problem where an untalented dev will design an enemy that's impossible to avoid damage on.

git gud

Don't most modern games have unaviodable hitscan attacks, though?
There used to be a time where you could complete a game "no damage".

I mean impossible in the literal and not the DSP sense.

git gud
see my flag

It already exists. It's called Crash Bash 201% Speedrun.

First, congratulations on your excellent tastes in female vidya characters.
Secondly, if it's a platformer, one of the most evil things you can do is force the entrance to the final boss to be a flag that can only be unset if the player has beaten all previous levels/bosses. It sounds dumb in theory, in practice it ensures that the player cannot skip any level with those world jumping trickeries. In addition, aside from making sure there's the minimal amount of bizarre speed inducing glitches, make a very annoying move combination that grants 0.01% more speed when performed compared to the normal running animation just to force them to perform that action over and over.
Another one I came up, since I'm also a sociopath, is that in games that require passwords or hidden keys or whatever but that don't necessarily need you to go through the motions of learning about it through cutscenes and puzzles, simply let the player input said password or find same key and pretend he sequence-broke your game, then chastise him later on by making him waste a lot of time in a cutscene to remark on how he could sequence break which ultimately wastes just as much time as what he'd have wasted if he went through the motions normally.
Also, if you want to, you could add a small check in some later levels of the game, and if the total playtime is much lower than what you anticipate a fast-but-average playtime would be (i.e. took him only 10 minutes to beat your 6 hours long game), just start making a shitload of enemies spawn at random places to fuck with him.

Ah, and RNG.

Baten Kaitos 100% run
By the way 336 hours = 2 weeks.
It takes a fortnight to 100% this game.

I'm blind and I read image boards by way of text to speech software.

A Rock Band 4 Full Series Full Combo run with every single officially released DLC song on every instrument would take about 4 weeks (not accounting for loading screens and menus) if you played perfectly.

Implement Random.org RNG so they can't ever manipulate it, and make the game unplayable offline.

Game constantly checks player movement. If forward progress exceeds a speed considered reasonable, game marks the location, then some time later rubber-bands the player to that location.

You make it sound like putting your controller down and waiting two weeks is a hard speedrun

It's funny how every pretty much every idea brought up would only make your game worse in the long run. Speedrunning is fine. It used to be something a niche group of people did together for bragging rights and to realize the depth behind certain mechanics or having fun by abusing exploits. Then the community just got full of cancer due to popularity.

If I'm cursing an enemy to speedrun this game, doesn't it mean he can't drop the controller until it's over? Can he get up for food and water?

Did you retards think you actually had to sit at the console for the entire time? LMAO

Not much of a curse then.

I mean, if I'm going to CURSE my enemy, surely an otherworldly power would keep him from leaving until the game is finished.

Fucking niggers have no idea why the original was good in the first place.

Easy to troll speed runners, add many mandatory elevators or platforms that have a random variable speed.

Smash most definitely was a pop contest from the beginning once they realized no one would play that shitty fighter Sakurai was making. Melee got people into more niche shit because the game was such a great party game full of secrets and hidden content unspoiled the next day on jewtube and the likes and it happened to celebrate years' worth of Nintendo history.

Doing the same thing over and over gets stale, and that's exactly how games without traps came to be, that and retards going overboard with traps for years.

I've thot about this before to. I think I have a way to do it while actually making the game better for non-speedrunners: bonus levels or difficulty increases when you beat certain segments within a given time. Set the time just low enough that a gamer of ordinary skill can reach it they put in a significant but not Full Autist level of effort into getting skilled.

For example, if you beat some level really fast, characters are like, "You got here fast! And a good thing, there's more incoming!" And then the game sends you thru part of the same level on a different path as extra hard enemies air-drop in, or something.

If these bonus levels have no plot consequences, then for the non-speedrunner, it's an optional reward of extra game content for beating a skill challenge, but for the speedrunner, who is aiming for low overall time, it's like the time bonus count-down at the end of Sonic stages x100, and with no easy way to just not count it, as they do in Sonic by using in-game time.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Why? Because it has build in timers liek a fucking facebook game…

I love Lip a lot too, and I still hold out hope that she'll finally appear in Smash one day. But I totally get why Nintendo would choose to incorporate more guest stars, and I'm fine with that too. Anything if it means we eventually get Earthworm Jim one day.

Don't really see how gimmicks designed to troll speedrunners would make it worse. Speedrunning usually means breaking the game and skipping large portions of it to get the fastest completion time. Regular players don't do this sort of thing so they don't get fucked by RNG and stuff.

I like this idea too. I was also thinking of making "nightmare difficulty" levels specifically for speedrunners that require intense concentration and for them to pay attention to small details.

For example, one level I thought of was a subway where you had limited time to make it to the next train before it departs. In this level, all your objectives are to:

A. Know which train you're going to catch,
B. Know what platform it's arriving on and at what time,
C. Match the time written on the train schedule with the time displayed on the analog clock over all the stations, and
D. Make it to the platform in time while getting past all the enemies.

If you miss your train, or the enemies kill you, you lose a life and have to try again from the beginning. This level has no checkpoints at all and the trains arrive and depart at random times each time the level is loaded meaning you can't just develop a single strat for this level and use it every time.

Oh god that shit, it even had one where the timer was like 50 hours even with the fastest option. They added fucking mobile trash bullshit to a triple A game. At least I got some dumb enjoyment out of it playing it with alcohol to back me up I pirated of course

Andromeda has them too, btw.

RGN
Remember them DMC4 levels with the dice?
I've had play throughs of that from a minimum 15 mins to an hour

isn't that because each expansion all quests before said expansion give more xp?

jesus christ

It's not that I think they would make it worse for non-speedrunners, it's that I think making it a positive feature for non-speedrunners l would make it better at trolling speedrunners, because they can't complain about it without basically saying, "I wish there was less game so I could stop playing it sooner."

ARMA 2
It's the game where no one wins or has fun, ever.

Going out of level boundaries, just an inch, automatically kills you.

While arguably not a game, Stanley Parable has an achievement for getting the normal ending in under a certain time. Sometimes the game is nice and skips segments (which is the only way to actually get the achievement). Other times, he narrator notices you are in a hurry and purposefully slows you down. Speedrunners fucking hate RNG, so RNG specifically related to speedrunning is hilarious.

Bravely Default had that shit too.

Final Fantasy XI in 2003

Why are we pretending it's a good game?

I would curse them to speedrunning an eroge that has a large amount of fucked up content that is also RNG based.
I'm sure there has to be a game that fits this bill, though I'm not sure I would like to know about it now that I think about it.

I guess I could curse them to speedrun a game that is considered CP where they live, like the Guy Game or some game with loli in it or that fucking german pedo game so I could force them to be a registered sex offender who constantly violates their parole.

OK this was an idea for a different thread but I think it'd be good chemo for the current speedrunning community.

Sonic 2 does something pretty hilarious in that if you complete levels too fast you waste a bunch of time waiting for the score timer to count down. That's why they don't use real time for that game.

Automatic no-no.

The Dice in DMC4 can be cheated if you read what number is face up and use Neros buster, or Lady/Vergil melee

Just make the game you want to make. If you're pandering or neglecting a certain demographic you're no better than the faggots who push politics into their games.

They'll find ways to skip that. autism is a terrifying thing, just look at panen

100% Baten Kaitos.

I dont recall any RNG bullshit with those

I watched pieces of an Animal Crossing 100% run awhile ago. It an astoundingly autistic 50 hours.

If you shoot the dice it's RNG if you buster then you can cheat. Not sure about Nero's melee but you can melee with Lady and Vergil to cheat.
There are people who don't know about this.

The fastest way through the game requires playing on the hardest difficulty. In this mode everything is unpredictable as fuck, making it almost impossible to memorize things, and you can die extremely quick.

That and they keep adding experience boosting items like heirlooms or rested experience potions.

Implement many false glitches into the game. Each seemingly taking you far into the game, only to send you back to where you were before. You exploit it to skip a few levels, per say, and then instead of loading the last level it loads the first level all over again.

kek

I don't think it's necessarily bad to have enemies where damage is unavoidable, depending on the type of game. Sometimes it is more about managing health or knowing when to give the enemy an inch so you can take a mile.

Does it still have to be a good game?

Just code it properly. Without glitches the speedrunner is powerless.

Pokemon. I recommend watching some of Werster's stuff to see everything in full detail. Too bad he's supposedly retiring soon.

I said platformer.

Too easy
Lotus for green + one red mana (mox or lands that don't hurt) + channel + fireball

Easier said than done.

Have a leveling system in the game that assigns random stats based on growth rates and a couple of points where the game checks whether you have certain stats or not for a significantly faster completion of the level. Bonus points for random crits being required for the fast route.

user, Half life 2 is a fairly well run game. Just 4 and a half minutes of that in one entire run is small time in comparison.

You're thinking of ways to make the game allround shit, not just for speedrunners but for anyone playing it.

YOU CANT MAKE AN OMELET WITHOUT CRACKING A FEW EGGS, JACK!

Depression quest would be a shit speedrun but you could probably fully optimise it in about an hour.

Persona 3
Persona 4
Persona 5

The real trick isn't to introduce a hard "no speedrunning" wall, but to set things up so that the game seem like it can be speedran, only to then spring a trap on those that try.

Scatter invisible flags everywhere throughout the game to ensure the player is playing through the game in the right order. For every X flags missed, add a 1% chance at the very end of the game for otherwise normal end-game rooms and levels to be replaced with absurdly difficult alternatives. Include multiple variants of each room to ensure every time the trigger is tripped you end up with a different set of challenges. This ensures that 2 or 3 people might manage a perfectly viable speedrun of the game, but the 5-20% chance of a retardedly high difficulty spike makes consistency near impossible. The fact that the insanely-difficult alt rooms only have a low chance of spawning also makes practicing them absurdly hard to do.

For an added bonus, include a 5x multiplier to the percentage during the months of Jan-Feb and June-July so anyone running it at LGBTGDQ is all but guaranteed to hit the difficulty wall.

You see the problem with this game is that it sounds shitty as fuck because of these imposed rules.

Normal players would not trigger any of the flags.

No, that's making this too complicated. The trick is to add many layers, layers upon layers of RNG that's usually unsignificant for a casual or a somewhat serious playthrough but that otherwise would improve the run tremendously. A good example of this would be Pokemon, Fire Emblem and arguably some of the Super Robot Wars games.

Speaking of speedrunning, GDQ is on right now doing "funding" for the retards that chose to live in areas where hurricanes would fuck them over.

Houston gets fucked every other fucking year
they don't need any more fucking funding jesus christ fuck off with your jew charities we're good.

At least its not going to 3rd world niggers and mudslimes

Pokemon Stadium. Werster is the only person with a WR in Pokemon Stadium because he is the only person to attempt it. It took him over 20 hours.

Gotta capitalize on the latest tragedy, making money 101. Wonder how much they're gonna picket.

As a Texan, I can tell you that 3rd world niggers and mudslimes are the majority of the ones that got their home annihilated. My relatives that still live in Houston did just fine because they picked a home on the other side of a levy.

Fuggg

Any super long JRPG, like the Final Fantasy games. Or Pokemon Stadium 2, that "speedrun" is like 24+ hours.

You do realize that's something speedrunners enjoy in games?

Yea but players who want to get good would go through a bunch of retarded flag and situations that would make no sense. You're essentially saying casuals are the only ones who could have fun. Which is retarded.

I think the point is you make the skips really hard to find, perform, or both. That way you're wasting their time every time they fail and have to start it over.

Bonus points if you put it somewhere in the middle or end of the run so it's soul crushing when they have to restart, and make it so there's absolutely no way to beat the time save so they HAVE to take it if they want top times.

If you reach a point withing a certain amount of time then you get shafted. For example, it is expected that the standard skilled player would take 3 hours to reach the 5th level if they skip every cutscene. So a speedrunner could easy get there in under 2 so set a super sekrit event there where if the game clock reaches 2:00:00 it disappears forever, but if you encounter it you lose all your equipment and get transported to this secret level that takes forever to finish and when you beat it you get sent right back to the start of the game and if you want to get your equipment back you need to go through some bullshit quest like climbing Mount Bumblefuck on the opposite side of the game to where you want to be. Otherwise you'll have to get new equipment but you'll have to settle for second best because all the good stuff is on Mount Bumblefuck.

Also put in little things like enemies in odd places that disappear when the clock hits certain number or speedrunner-friendly gear that only appears after the clock hits a certain number.

If you hit the dice once it just lands on what what was on top.
Just do that to get through every dice segment getting any goodies and getting all shortcuts.

P3 has a 9 hour run (11 on maniac)
P4 has a 15 hour expert run
P5 has a 18 hour run currently.
There are much worse you can do

Make a speedrunners dream game then make the ending broken missing say a large chunk at the end, then patch it with all the speed meme shit out and tie more shit to rng.

But you'll just be giving them a challenge and exactly what they want and get their fun from

Add invisible walls. Limit possible player actions (e.g. bunnyhopping, climbing, jumping, sprinting) and take out complex gameplay systems that could potentially be utilized in ways you wouldn't expect.

I watch enough speedruns to know that while runners are astoundingly persistent, they are in no way immune to frustration. One of the worst things I've seen is in Metroid Zero Mission, a skip lets you go through a room without having to pick the rail grappling upgrade thing. It is so ball-bustingly difficult to do even the best regularly fail several times in the course of a run, but it saves entire minutes so they have to bang their heads against it every time.

great idea

factorio speed run takes 5 hours

Give me the link.

Notice how speedrunners are able to dodge difficult shit with relative ease? Might wanna fuck over TAS players as well.

Jesus nobody mentioned Sonic 06?
Come on, the game is lengthy, glitched to unplayability, repeating levels and has long loading screens. How is this not the perfect game for speed run suffrage?

People did Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem runs at AGDQ, so I don't think it matters.

Actually the glitches make it better for speedruns because speedrunner autism allows for good glitches to be utilized and bad glitches to be avoided. For example in one part of sonic's story it's possible to skip out of the entire rest of his story at one point using a glitch.

Isn't the challenge part of what makes speedrunning interesting? A game that is both shitty and easy would probably make for a miserable and unfulfilling speed run.

"Pure Chess" for PS4

Dark Souls Board Game.

I want to see Dragon Warrior/Quest 7 because how fucking looooooooooong it is

speedrun.com/dqvii only one person tried to speedrun it and did it in 15 hours 22 min

All-achievements runs for the mobile/Steam versions of Final Fantasy 3 and 4

Desert Bus

I watched a speedrun of Dishonored during esa2017. They were taking donations to determine which DLC he would do after the main game. One was tedious and annoying and basically punishment. The other had fun tricks.

It needs to be a game with uninteresting speedrunning glitches that are annoying to execute. Even better if they fail a random percentage of attempts. It must be long,
tedious, and without big skips.

I don't play games though, I just read about them on the internet. no suggestions.

Make a 80+ hour RPG. Put a room about 5 hours in that the players enter once and then can never return to. Make a chest in the room with a 1/100 chance of appearing, then it has a 1/100 chance of having a piece of equipment that makes the rest of the game trivial. Tie the RNG seed to the milliseconds on your system clock to prevent RNG manipulation.

Lower your difficulty, even most servers use the easy AI setting because it's still tough without being bullshit like the medium and hard AI are.

Make Bugs that seem like they'll make them skip through the game but only make them lose progress

The end credits skip glitch is boring when the game has so many wonderful ways to break it, and surprise even seasoned speedrunners. Watch the most recent Sonic 2006 GDQ video where Sonic gets trapped spinning in midair like that one Donkey Kong GIF.

As someone who has begun to speedrun in the past 4-5 months is what I'd expect would happen.
Not to mention it would be a shit game by design.
I suggest you make an rng momentum system, giving you almost no precise control over your movement speed and where you'll land when you jump, it'd be like permanent ice physics, might as well add ice physics on top of that as well, with small moving platforms that you have to land on, also make it so that you have to stay on the platform to prepare for the next jump with use of obstacles or moving platforms that pass near each other, forcing the player to take slow precise measured jumps with a system that punishes slow precise measured jumps.

It would be a shit game but I'd hate to speedrun it.

Yea but the satisfaction from doing it right must be fucking great.

I actually don't get it. How was that a speedrun? He played through half of the game, but what about the final boss and so on?
Is half-finished games now speed running?

Animal Crossing 100% No time skip

rhythm heaven

I still think tireless tribe + about face is the comfiest for a 2-turn

Implement something like the AI Director in L4D and L4D2. As the player gets better, faster, etc the game throws more difficult shit at them. Except don't put a limit on how difficult it can make the game for them. Allow it to keep ramping up the difficulty by spawning more enemies, spawning tougher enemies, restricting health/lives, making longer passage ways, blocking off more paths, etc. Put invisible walls everywhere you can think of and don't have any i-frames or mechanics of that nature that can be exploited.

I'm pretty sure that rhythm games are, by default, excluded from speedruns altogether because one song always takes the same amount of time no matter what. So assuming you're not shit and don't fail any courses, the only way you can be faster than anyone else is with efficient menuing which is not fun to watch at all.

Is there more

Source is Kekitopu, he only just drew it, so nah. He has some of the best stuff out there that makes my dick diamonds everytime.

Some speedrun are faster than these, but still, looking at them all I can think is: "why bother?" Like, shit like Mario Party requires resets for almost the most minute mistakes and you're one Chance Time away from throwing a run.

Lots of unskippable cutscenes where the fade-in/fade-out effects are randomly second slower half the time.

Fill the game with exploits which can be used to skip parts of the game, but are frame perfect and have very small chances of success. The runners only have one shot each time, encouraging a restart if they fuck it up.

Bonus part: The biggest skip cuts an entire hour but only shows up in the very last part of the game. So even if the runner has a good time going its for nothing if they manage to fuck it up.

That's the lot of anyone who is retarded enough to go for the world record for an extremely well run game. That way only madness lies.

I jerked it to crabgirl in MGQ, but this is where I draw the fucking line boner. No.

This dumpster fire of a game.
Even with hacks, it took the better part of a week for me to go through. Thank god for Duetanon for fixing it though

Nigger what?

Yugioh Forbidden Memories 100%

It's RNG out the ass followed by multiple literal days of grinding. Once saw a guy spend 8 hours on resets before he got a run going.

I think he's talking to his dick, user.

I know, and I'm saying he chose an unusual place to draw the line.

It's a literal cat, it's not even pretending to be anything else. It could be that's why he draws the line.

I would say an RPG like Final Fantasy would be horrible to speedrun and horrible to watch being run.
OH WAIT…

People speedrun Spelunky you know.

The point runs aren't for the weak that's for sure. Imagine 4 hours of dodging an instant kill enemy while you're luring him over gems and hoping you don't miss a single one. The focus needed for such a long amount of time is incredible.

Actually, I think I found the type of games that are the most nightmarish to run : Sports titles.
Think about it, you have it all:

Mud and Blood 2, has to unlock all available ribbons. Considering a fair few of them can be locked out by silly mistakes and it'd take hours and the game is semi-random I think it's a good fit.
Alternatively just something with extremely 'cinematic' gameplay that's been bugtested to death so it can't be skipped. Imagine having to play Tomb Raider 2013 over and over for a speedrun, shit would be soul crushing.

I have seen a speedrun of the sequel to tomb raider 2013 and its out of bounds bullshit most of the time.

Yeah, out of bounds is a surprisingly common method to skip lots of shit in modern AAA. nudoom is like that as well. I don't even see it as a sign of weakness in modern bugtesting, speedrunners go to fucking extreme lengths to find shit like that, like situations that would be an utter waste of time and money to playtest.

Xenogears.

You literally can't.

Out of bounds? Is that like an old noclip cheatcode?

Fuck, the new Tomb Raider games were so sterile I'd have thought the least they could do is keep it exploit free.

I can't even tell if this user is serious anymore. Send help.

tfw no cuntboy bf

also tfw not a cuntboy

No I'm serious, don't do gamer culture. I'm sure I'm missing so much.

Out of bounds is a catch-all term for any glitch that lets you go outside the normal confines of a normal map. It's obviously profitable for a speedrun because you can then go over the map and ignore the layout, but the difficulty resides in getting back into the map.
So it's kinda like noclip, except instead of setting a cheat code to 1, you brute force your way through a wall with a collision bug.

user, I…

My vote goes towards Blue Sphere.

bsgen-new.neocities.org/

Do you unironically expect anyone to listen through five minutes of a nigger with a gay lisp rant about nothing? Give me a tl;dr

But that game would be a lot of fun to speedrun, it'd just be really difficult. On the other hand, if your worst enemy is a massive normalfag then it'd be really fun to watch.

This.
Arma 2 on easy AI is like fighting some guys
Arma 2 on medium and hard is like fighting psychics.

Could it be that they're just acting like real trained soldiers?

Real soldiers can't hear footsteps or do 720 degree trickshot 1-hit KO no-scopes from three kilometers away, user.

Put a button at the beginning of the game the player can press. Code an app and put it on your phone so when someone pushes the button it sends a notification to your phone. The app allows you to "activate" the button's effect from the most recent button push. If you do, the player who pushed the button in that game will get teleported to the end.

Nobody will be able to cheat because the variable is tied to an encryption key from your phone, at your discretion. Nobody will be able to publicly speedrun it because other people will be able to play the game and override their button press as most recent. Nobody will be able to succeed period unless you allow it. And the ability to speedrun it is totally random.