Developer IP fuckups

Fucking SEGA and Valkyria Chronicles. Why couldn't they've just taken the first game, place it in a different front of EW2 and improve the flaws (i.e scout rushing). Instead they downsized the sequel, made it more grindy and gave it an anime highschool setting. VC3 was better but it still had the downsized gameplay due to being on the PSP and SEGA didn't even bother bringing it to the west (well we got that unfinished English Patch at least).
Then they decide to "revive" the IP with that god awful spin off that did so poorly that we'll never get another Valkyria game again.

Any other IP fuckups that still plague you?

just this..

I'm interested in VC1. What's it like?

a good game, fps with a solid rts ground

It's an "active simulation RPG" or in other words, a turn based RPG with real time combat from a third person perspective.

Combination of strategy and action, though the action is extremely bare bones. You pick a unit, move around until your movement gauge is empty and when you choose to bring up your gun everyone stops shooting at you. You decide where to shoot and the character fires while you pray RNG doesn't make your shots miss. Has a fucking awful story, huge balance problems (and exp/money/unlocks is based on rankings so you're forced to scout rush if you want to play right) and relies far too much on RNG.

Its appeal is that it's animu WW2 complete with being beaten over the head about how the poor Jews, I mean Darksen are oppressed. It could have turned into good sequels, but they went full on cancer in the sequels by making it about fucking school kids and adding shit like gigantic antitank swords and combat music instruments. The first one was relatively grounded compared to that shit.

While in the meantime the fucking QUEEN of Gallia is also a Darcsen! Gee, why does that suddenly sound like a different message altogether?

I can't help but think Sega's liable to be to blame, as while they hired the same established third-party developer to make both VC3 and Azure Revolution (as opposed to inhouse like VC1 and 2), Sega's probably still been the one calling the shots as to how they wanted things to go with each game, regardless of who was developing. Also worth keeping in mind Sega's the company that went "where are all the girl players? We want them" with the changes made for VC2. Sgea can make good games at times, but they're not the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

It's a pretty mediocre game, only notable for retarded waifus

wat.

What a waste of potential. Fucking SEGA.

I'd say No One Lives Forever, Yakuza, and the NHL still plague me also.

So basically they rushed the sequels and the anime ruined everything.

Don't worry user. Sega said after they changed everything in the last game for the second time that a proper mainline entry was also on development. The pc release sold well.

Saints Row.

First game was aight.
Second game was fucking incredible.
Third game was meh, huge downgrade from the second one.
Fourth one is better, pretty much ditched most of the gameplay from the previous games.
And now it seems that SR series is kill.

Source. I don't believe they have learned anything after shitting out Azure Rev.

I don't know what you are upset about OP, I played Valkyria Revolution and loved it. Most people just want to shitpost about the game, but in a few years people will be able to see that it is a rough gem.
It did poorly mainly due to the reviews, which were from reviewers and players that hated it simply because they couldn't get good at it and understand the gameplay.

Every single Konami IP.

Does the PC port improve on anything (Other than the fact that it's on a better platform)

Or maybe people didn't like it because it's a sequel in name only, and they want more games like VC1.

Thanks for the post, I'm actually interested in Valkyria Revolution now.

And it turns out the Darksen are being blamed for crimes against humanity that they never committed, have tendency to be hard workers, many refuse to hit back against their oppressors, and that it was the Valkyrur who committed said genocides and blamed the Darksen for them, while ALSO forming a religion that places them on a pedestal above all others. Really activates those almonds don't it?

It has all the DLC for no extra charge

We'll never get a decent C&C game again. Thank goodness for mods of the older games.

Stop this nonsense. It's a spinoff. Did people complain when Mario Kart came out and it wasn't a platformer?

Belgium playthrough of HoI4 as an RTS, only with anime jews and waifu mechanics.
It's pretty solid.

*RPG