Gayming PC?

(Reposting on Holla Forums since they might know more about gaming setups than Holla Forums.)

I need a computer setup, since my computer is starting to die. (I'm probably gonna have to use Windows 7 on it though, sorry FOSS people, I just really don't care what the government does with me. I just want my programs and games to work.)

Minimum Requirements:
-Runs with 1080p monitor
-Has good (preferably great) performance for rendering, FL Studio, Animal Jam, Club Penguin Rewritten, YouTube, GTA San Andreas with heavy modding (not super HD graphics mods, just heavy other modding like SAMP), Crysis 2, and GTA 4 all in 1080p and at LEAST 30 FPS (preferably 60 FPS)… maybe even all at the same time if that's possible?
-Likely to last at least 5 years
-Has at least 650 GB of storage
-Can be upgraded to 1440p+ or higher performance in the future
-Advice on how fans and such work
-Has a great processor and great fans that don't make a ton of noise

Optional Requirements:
-Runs with 1440p+ monitor
-Can play Crysis 3 on 1440p+ 30+ FPS
-Can run most or all GTA San Andreas graphics mods
-Other stuff you might tell me about.

Minimum standards I'm going by are: high end computer for 2011/2012.
What I need to at least be able to do is run at least 3 tabs of high resource websites in Google Chrome and use a few other high resource apps/games at the same time. I would like only slight lag if any in most games around 2011-2012, and lag in highly demanding games for the time is okay. I can upgrade later to run 1440p+ 60FPS games made any time past 2011, but for now I would just want something cheaper that works, since I'm not currently a hardcore gamer, but I do want 1080p for now.

Recommended standards I'm going by are: high end computer for 2013/2014.
What I would like to do is be able to run at least 7 websites high or low resource consumption with a lot of apps that are high or low resource consumption. I would like no lag in any game made in 2013-2014, unless it was the highest resource game of the time maybe.

Standards you can throw in anyways for reference (but that I don't want to spend money on quite yet) are: high end computer for past 2015.
What I would like to do one day is be able to run 7+ tabs of high resource sites on Google Chrome while using a lot of other high resource applications. I would like little to no lag in most games of all time ever unless they are very high resource games like Assassin's Creed Unity.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/hBxQ4C
pcpartpicker.com/list/NNW8VY
techreport.com/review/27909/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-theyre-all-dead
forum.deviantart.com/technology/general/2331048/
archive.is/QX7Ks
archive.is/1oJRo
archive.is/wfnkd
archive.is/Z3lMl
instagram.com/the._.flaming._.lip/
instagram.com/p/BYYRWbOhRr7/?taken-by=the._.flaming._.lip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do you need a GAMING pc?

So I can play games like Animal Jam and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in 1080p HD without lagging so much. I know these are low-end games that can be played without lag easily by 2017 standards, but I'm stuck in a hole with a computer that was made in the early 2000s and not even high-performance then.

God dammit, I'll need to build me a new one soon and I still don't know where to pirate a good copy of Windows 7. Dual booting with Lunix sounds nice if I ever care to figure out the command line business for installing programs.

But I don't want to waste money buying random stuff from stores.

try looking it up on YouTube.
if there are any rootkits attached, simply use anti rootkits and use an antivirus program to start off with, then maybe delete it later if you don't want it.

I'm gonna shill Emsisoft Antivirus, since it's my personal favorite.

GTX1080
I7
32 GB ram
The rest is whatever

I don't think I'd really need anything more than 16 GB of ram. I'm not trying to build a supercomputer. I just want something that works well to start off gaming.

r3 1200
a b350 mo
gtx 1050ti
some dd4 ram
any peripherals you need

At least don't buy into ssd meme.

What is an ssd?

Super
Sexy
Dick

Solid State Drive.
Google it up but don't believe it's any good.

I'm sure they're much cheaper nowadays, not a large investment if you're only getting one for the OS.

Why not? People on YouTube are saying that they're happy they upgraded to SSD? They're probably dumb normalfags but I'm just curious what exactly is wrong with SSD.

Should I at least start out with an HDD and upgrade to an SSD later? Is it worse or just more money?

Honestly, just get an i5, Skylake or Kaby Lake it really doesn't fucking matter but you could probably find a Skylake for a bit cheaper. Then just grab a GTX 1060 or maybe try and find a GTX 970 for slightly cheaper. There, then just slap on 8GBs of DDR4 But honestly even THAT is overkill for the workload you want which is "2012 high-end/San Andread at 1080p"

I mean what do you expect though when you ask for a gaming PC? You could probably find a used Ivy Bridge at a thrift shop and slap a 970 in there as wellor even a 960 or fucking hell even a non-'X' series

And yes, I am biased to Intel/Nvidia because I haven't touched AMD shit in years because they haven't been interesting since 2007. Ryzen is a great sign that AMD wants to be competitive again though and Intel has gotten lazy as fuck so they need a good kick in their ass

Why the hell do I even go to this board anymore?

I would actually try running some heavy use programs too. Plus, I might upgrade after that, because eventually I'd get bored of 2012 high end and want to upgrade, so does RAM break down like hard drives? I just want a lot of RAM so my PC does not lag.

Because you love gobbling up obvious bait to the detriment of the board and you don't want to spread that poison on better websites?

Anyway OP you left out the most important part and that's your FUCKING BUDGET

He's a poorfag who only got to taste sour grapes. Ignore him. I mean fuck I'm too poor to afford an SSD at the moment but you have to be pretty fucking retarded to not see its advantages. I have a GTX 970, Skylake i7 and 16GBs of DDR4 but even after all that I get bottlenecked fucking hard with my 5200 RPM HDD on streaming-heavy games like GTA V

In my experience RAM is actually one of the most robust components. You might want to try and find a Skylake CPU/Board though since Skylake is compatible with DDR3 and DDR4 so you can get DDR3 for now and then have a direct upgrade path. But remember that memory support also varies based on motherboard so always check the manufacturers website

So I should just get 8 GB Ram?
Will that let me run a lot at once?
Like some programs and games at the same time?

It really depends on what the fuck you want to run. You say you are targeting GTA San Andreas at 1080p and with that kind of workload you really shouldn't need more than 8GBs at absolute fucking most but it sounds like you also want to multitask. But how do you want to multitask? And the other anons are right, what's your fucking budget? If you had an unlimited budget I'd say just stick 16GBs in there and call it a day

My budget is whatever I'm willing to spend.
But for starters: somewhere around 300-600 dollars.

then later upgrades will be made.

More than 8GB is probably a meme unless you want to use multiple RAM-heavy applications at the same time, e.g. you want to play games and render videos at the same time, or have heavy rendering requirements in general. I know someone who's working a lot with music on a relatively high level, for example, and he definitely has use for the 16GB.
If you just use one RAM-heavy program at a time and let everything else idle open in the background, you won't have problems. The OS has a swap file for that.

if your budget is 300 to 600 8GBs is going to be a safer target. Also try to find a GTX 960 if possible otherwise aim for a GTX 1060, also you'll be safer going for an i3 instead

Is it possible to upgrade them after that? I'd be fine starting off with all that, but would the computer support upgrading the hardware after that?

(I might actually go for 16 GB ram first though. Just to play it safe. It's not too much more expensive.)

Skylake i3s use LGA 1151 sockets, the same as Skylake i5s, i7s and even Kaby Lake i series chips. So you do have a clear upgrade path there. But ALWAYS check with the motherboard manufacture as well just in case there's an offchance the motherboard has an incompatibility

if you want to post a couple lines at a time of your incoherent question over the course of an hour, someplace like IRC or Discord would be more appropriate. you're getting contradictory advice because at first glance based on your requirements it reads like you're either trolling, a young child, or just totally ignorant about technology. "great performance in YouTube?" "7 tabs of high resource sites on Google Chrome?"
if you have $300-$600 then go to pcpartpicker and find a build that fits your budget.

I was actually going to go to PCPartpicker for him but it's down for me at the moment

I just live a simple life and I know that I won't need too much on a PC to start off with. I'm just not great with computers and I'm using a hand-me-down computer from the early 2000s that was a bit low-end even for its time.

how much do you want to spend and in what currency

Post speccy so we can laugh at you help us understand exactly what you need

lmao even rocking a fucking preshott meme processor

What is that?

Ouch my dude. Even a cheapo Intel Atom PC would do you better than that. PCs have come a long fucking way since the 90nm days

The "standard" processor you'd get back in the early 2000s if it came from an office or Circuit City. Since enthusiasts were more into AMD in those days. The P4 smashed AMD in a lot of respects though, but it's just something we all roll our eyes when we see now because EVERYONE got a hand-me-down PC from their parents with the P4 at least once in their lives

it sure had k8 beat in power consumption and heat output

just go to reddit or something holy shit this is not Holla Forums related

b-but muh megahertz!

Yeah, I think they just wanted to save money as they were not a gamer nor did they care about performance. They just wanted a new computer that would work.

(Checked)
Nobody's really forcing you. PCs aren't my thing, and I don't use Reddit. You are free to hide this thread if it upsets you. It is, in a way, Holla Forums related, since I can't enjoy any vidya if my PC is as shit as it is. I can barely enjoy the lowest end games because they lag.

Wait™ for Coffee Lake. It should come in September/October. It will probably have similar multi-thread performance as Ryzen and also much better single-thread. It'll be more expensive than Ryzen though.

You are horribly mistaken.

The P4 wasn't bad at performance or gaming at all though. It wasn't the best, especially when it came to cooling, but I knew people who rocked those as their main machines as late as 2009. They're solid processors but that's it, just "solid". That is if you didn't mind your PC doubling as a space heater, dust collector, and loud noise maker. The early 2000s were a magical time to be into computers.

So that explains why my PC is almost as loud as an airplane and has a TON of dust. Thanks for the info. At least sites and browsers were better optimized back then for old machines.

YES THAT'S THE DEFINITION OF A BUDGET

Anyway here's what you get for $600

I went with AMD over Intel because AMD has promised to support that socket for at least four years while the comparable Intel socket is already dead. The case is large-ish, the power supply has some wattage to spare and a five year warranty. If you felt like dropping another $1000 in upgrading this computer tomorrow you could just buy a new CPU and GPU as long as it's Nvidia and it's good to go. If you need to save some money, drop the SSD first, then drop to lower speed DDR4 RAM.

Okay Holla Forums, I think I'll try this unless anybody else has any recommendations as well.

It really wasn't until the 2010s that we finally started to grasp decent thermal and industrial design that mitigated a lot of the issues that plagues earlier PC towers. The mid 2000s saw the BTX motherboard design that was supposed to address that shit but nobody adopted it.

He wanted a potential upgrade path from the i3 so I figured he could stick to an LGA 1151 board and go for a Kaby Lake i7 later on. I have no experience with AMD sockets but if it gives him a good upgrade path for cheaper I'd say go for it

im retarded and didnt see the post about budget. $300-$600 is not a lot. this is what i think is probably best for the price: pcpartpicker.com/list/NNW8VY

-Has good (preferably great) performance for rendering…

-Likely to last at least 5 years

-Can be upgraded to 1440p+ or higher performance in the future

-Advice on how fans and such work

-Can play Crysis 3 on 1440p+ 30+ FPS

-Can run most or all GTA San Andreas graphics mods

-Other stuff you might tell me about.

Holla Forums, which is better?
pcpartpicker.com/list/NNW8VY

If he's willing to spend slightly more a 1060 over the 1050 would make a world of difference

yeah, but intel change socket every generation, as soon as coffee lake (or whatever the fuck it's called) he will be stuck with a dead socket. AMD has said they're committed to AM4 for a few generations. I don't know how trustable this is, but even then, he could upgrade to ryzen 5 or 7 for a much cheaper price (and better performance) than any socket 1151 core i7 (exept maybe gaming performance if he ever gets a 1080ti, but it looks like he will stick to low-mid range card)

Skylake and Kaby Lake use the same socket though. And honestly I doubt Coffee Lake is going to be a very compelling upgrade from Kaby Lake

You'll be better off with the first one

A 6GB 1060 is more than slightly more than a 1050 these days

people saying the SSD fails quickly, and for no name brand for $50 i'd be inclined to believe them. i couldnt find what kinda nand it uses, but i honestly didnt look too hard.

both are about the same. the 1050 ti outperforms the 960 a bit, but not by much. i also think larger motherboards are much nicer, more room (NNW8VY). you could swap out the ram from hBxQ4C into NNW8VY. higher ram speeds really help ryzen.

Supposedly Samsung SSDs will last for like over a hundred years of read-write cycles before shitting itself. And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't modern NAND failure modes simply them going into read-only mode?

Holy shit, how can you even browse the clusterfuck that is this site (or pretty much any site on the internet for that matter) with only 2 gigs of ram

I actually have 7 tabs open and my PC is running somewhat smooth.

Oh, my bad. I heard Team had a good reputation.

A Samsung 840 Pro lasted 2.4PB of writes in this test

techreport.com/review/27909/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-theyre-all-dead

Samsung's Pro SSDs are the best but they carry a premium. Adata has been good to me, for what it's worth.

you need jesus boy

> buying a generic laptop
I think I'll wait the extra 15 seconds when starting the computer up and take ten times as much storage space.

30fps is console-grade pathetic. Lower the resolution, turn down settings, sacrifice EVERYTHING rather than letting the framerate drop from 60fps.

Okay. Any recommendations then?

What's budget? You can easily make a cheap one for

Depends on the game. Personally, I always play on the lowest settings and artificially limit many of my games to 30fps. It greatly reduces the power consumption and heat output of the pc.

Yeah. Have fun running a big ass serverpark without SSDs nowadays.

First one is way better. Consider not buying SSDs for a few more years unless you plan on replacing them at some point. Especially if you do a lot of data transfers.

If you're playing on a desktop, that's not relevant. If you're playing on a laptop, you're doing it wrong in the first place.

not everyone enjoys gaming on a jet engine.

Holy shit install Linux or XP already

iirc a lot of Pentium IV motherboards still had ISA slots, so you could get a Soundblaster 16 and play DOS games. You can keep the machine around for that and Windows 9x once you upgrade.

Doom? We're having a gamenight next weekend actually.

stop bumping this fucking thread

nah

forum.deviantart.com/technology/general/2331048/
hi op

www.logicalincrements.com

delete this

Oh shit

archive.is/QX7Ks
archive.is/1oJRo
archive.is/wfnkd
archive.is/Z3lMl

instagram.com/the._.flaming._.lip/
Discord is cutelilfur

Wow. How embarrassing.

I'm upgrading to a FX 8350 on Black Friday. That should be the last upgrade to my AM3+ mobo.

instagram.com/p/BYYRWbOhRr7/?taken-by=the._.flaming._.lip

jesus christ