Underrated Characters

Any characters that are actually good but really overlooked?

What actually makes a character good though?

But what is a man?

Him in a Mario Kart/Party/Whateverthefuckisnow
NEVER EVER

Mischief Makers 2 NEVER EVER.

Booster > Foreman Spike > Wario > Mario

God I wish Another Code wasn't toddler-tier difficulty aside from that fucking close your DS riddle. I even had R on wii but just couldn't stand how much it hold my hand.
Also, I remember liking Ashley at face value because white hair in young girls is fucking rad, but finding her actions painted her as a bit of a cunt. I don't remember the details. Was I wrong in thinking this ?

WHY

Anyone here misses Rape Clown?

It was a good design, but you had to be mentally stunted to think it wasn't a fake.

He's supposed to be fucking stronger than Knuckles, and yet he's the only Chaotix character that hasn't made an appearance since the game debut.

She would have been a great character.
Thanks Crapcom.

Gee, I wonder why he hasn't shown up.

I never really liked her design that much. Too much forehead and boring hair. She's okay, but Barret was far superior. I value her most as a symbol of a game that never happened.

you take that back

Personally, I prefer this one.

Shame neither of them made it past being an extra.

Related

No, fuck you. Yai is shit partially for that reason too. But I do think this image is proof that she had wasted potential.

Where they just joke charcters or something?

I hated that one so much, mostly because her textures made her look completely out of place alongside the rest of the cast. That she was a strictly worse clone of Seong Mina didn't help matters.
Best girl out of those guest characters was really.

They were guest characters designed by five Japanese manga artists/writers/whatever for the game. Two of them, Scheherazade and Ashlotte, were given backstories that actually tied them into the game's setting well. Shura and Kamikirimusi I had to look that up because fuck trying to spell it from memory were pretty fucking generic and disconnected from the setting altogether, and Angol Fear was more or less a reference to the associated manga artist's other work, Sgt. Frog.

*ping*

And barely any art too, it looks like.

I thought this was an underrated character thread not what you jerk off to when you're lonely thread.

t. normalfag

I know that feel user.

who's this slut?

Being a fan of her is suffering.

Mostly his music, replaying X5 again I never realized how cringy his dialog(and by extension the entire game's dialog) is.

Don't stick your dick in stupid

And anyway the biggest crime is that Ilya doesn't have a route.

She's the sensei of the VN.
She's also the sister of the council president, who is just as hot as she is.
It's sad that the expanded edition didn't give her a route and the developers chose the loli third-year girl instead.

Carefree is the word user what kind of idiot would

Oh, Illyafags, weren't you regulated to your shitty magical girl spin off?

Lancer and Saber, right? I was this close to getting the game just for her, but it's gatcha so what are even the chances of getting her?

I don't think she's in the English version of the game right now, so zero chance.

They did the right thing, you mean

She is a guaranteed welfare after the Babylonia chapter which is the 8th out of 9, in addition, she is not available until said chapter is completed for summon. We are currently at part 4. if you were to play, you would be guaranteed to get her eventually, but she would need to be released first.

I wouldn't have asked if I knew what that was user.

She's highly annoying user.

Checking the timing of the Japanese release you would get her December of 2018.

That's how it works with every VN. There's one good character and everyone else has problems

Into the trash

Yep this thread could be filled with only Capcom character

If given another chance Lucia could be done just as good as any DMC character, but it will never happen because DMC2.

It's time to carry your ass throughout the entire game and bake senbei, and I'm all out of senbei.

(Checked)
Glover 2 NEVER EVER

Agreed.
I can bring a huge list of underrated Capcom characters but i'll just keep it minimal.

Don't make it worse user.

Not having a route is the best way for holding an undercover best girl status.

Last I remember she was void of any personality and suicidal at the end.
But I liked her design.

She was suicidal because she found out she wasn't born she was made and a Demon,
basically the same thing as Trish.

She thought she could go crazy and start killing humans at anytime but dante gave her the Devil Never Cry line. and used the two sided coin to trick her so he could go into hell instead of her.
The game ends with her waiting inside of the Devil May Cry Shop. and hearing a motorcycle out side, it's easy to say it was Dante but some people say it could have been Trish.

Dante was equally void of personality in DMC2 But Lucia has potential to be a no nonsense straight man to everyone else on the cast.
I just think it's a shame shes the one DMC character who will likely never return

never say never
we got trish and lady back in dmc4 SE
and if itsuno is really working on dmc5, who knows? I'd love for it to take place after dmc2

It would be nice to see DMC5 take place after DMC2 but Capcom has been doing almost everything they can to ignore DMC 2 exists.
Of course they can only make so many prequels, either they address why Dante was boring in DMC2 they retcon most of DMC2 or they pass DMC2 in the story and just pretend none of it happened.

I think one of the other issues would be that by the end of dmc2 Dante was basically God with that Majin or whatever he got.

A miserable pile of shitposts user.

or she

Romhack to add it back in when?
not that that alone would fix the game, that game has some deep problems

I wish I could 3D model properly

ayy lmao

May Lee deserved better

Don't mind me, just checking these.

IMAGINE? Man that game would be 10/10 if it wasn't horribly grindy.

Wish that was the design for the male popplios, while the current design is for the females.

To be fair, it was an MMO designed to be played for a long time, but at your own pace. Everything had a ridiculously high ceiling, but that was mostly to prevent players from running out of things to do, not to rush them.
And by the time late beginners were having too much trouble, Vivian showed up to help.

I wish too but GF seems to love their traps.

They should have made the male one a hair metal seal or something. Just make it blonde and throw a bunch of leather and spikes on it.

I wish there were more cute gothic lolita girls in Pokemon.

She can harass the shit out of groups of enemies when you have her setup with a tanky unit like Gatre since she can run out, shoot the enemy, the run back behind Gatre.

I think ignore and retcon DMC would be the way to go. It's such an infamous black mark on the series at this point it needs to just be taken out back and shot.

DMC2*

>not changing the filename to Masketta Doctor.jpg
Reminder that Trauma Team is a giant banepost in vidya form, even though I'm 99% sure it came out before the plane scene was even a thought in Nolan's mind

Minerva needed more love.
;_;

F

this is what I kinda feel for this character as well
(spoiler because sonic character)

Fuck! I forgot to spoil! sage of double-post

Emphasis on "almost"?

It's not because the game was shit that Sega doesn't use that character. They legally can't use her. You can thank a bitter former sonic comic writer by the name of Ken Penders and Archie misplacing legal documents for that.

Look up "The Pendering" if you want to know more. Some of the highlights include Penders claiming he owns the rights to a character called Anti-Sonic or Evil-Sonic and even the comic version of Dr. Eggman.

It sounds like you are implying the writer of these comic books doesn't deserve fair compensation for coming up with characters and shit.

I've always kinda wondered about the separation of the comic books and the video games. I've only really read one of the comics, in first grade in back 97' and I always wondered why it was so vastly different from the video game.

That puzzle scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, I don't know why but I got spooked when I saw the ink slowly form a disfigured man. I think the game was a good concept, but the puzzles were fairly easy and straightforward. I remember liking Ashley as well, but I don't remember enough of the character to say anything about her. I do think it's rad that your ending is based on the amount of puzzles you complete, and you have to find optional puzzles yourself for the best ending.

Fucking hard as shit to play as but otherwise a really cool character. May Lee and a few other SNK characters are super cool.

Except Sacchinfags get appropriately BTFO'd when she doesn't get a route even in Melty Blood, and is still just treated like another background character.

I don't know if I can really say he's underrated, especially given how much attention some parts of him have, but he's still so big a character in my head. The endings of 1 and 3 are some of my favourites in all vidya, thanks to this bastard. Though it is kind of a blessing that he's not talked about so much since his encounters are spoilers.

Might as well add War to that, too.

Penders didn't create Shade. She and the rest of the Nocturnus were inspired by concepts he created for the Sonic comic, sure. But he is hardly in a position to complain about lack of originality. Or do you seriously believe Penders would have created a bunch of red anthropomorphic echidnas if he had never worked on Sonic?

True fact

Shade was the only good thing to come out of that piece of shit game.

She does have a route. It just so happens that her route ends up with you losing

Is Sunny underrated?

not according to my dick

I still don't fully comprehend what she saw in Emil after he showed himself as a giant pussy, but it was cute as hell regardless.

I'm pretty sure it was survivor's guilt.

I love Marina, probably my first waifu.
SHAKE SHAKE!

these two dudes

At least eventually Emil grew up. And then got super retarded but he somehow didn't fuck everything up at the end, so it's all good I guess? I mean, aside from her going to jail and all.

How is Another Code? I remember journalists from our equivalent of Nintendo Power being overly excited about how innovative and cool the game was but they never sold it where I used to live.

Why the fuck did they think this would be the logical solution, at least hint that Hisao was going to do the thing

Aside from a couple of puzzles that actually utilize the fact that you're playing on a DS, I wouldn't call it innovative. Other than that it's basically a aight Point & Click disguised as a top down adventure game with a decent story and excellent presentation by DS standards. I think Hotel Dusk and Last Window are far better offerings from Cing although they didn't sell nearly as well.