Sonic Mania PC has Denuvo

Last thread is on page 10. Fucking Sega.
tssznews.com/2017/08/29/denuvo-drm-found-in-sonic-mania-for-steam/

Other urls found in this thread:

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
steamcommunity.com/app/584400/reviews/
archive.is/D9cTn
archive.is/vcsE7
forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=37097
steamcommunity.com/app/584400/discussions/0/1474221865179742703/
techraptor.net/content/sonic-mania-pc-version-online-only-denuvo?spot_im_verify=signup&spot_im_token_ticket=cba5001910414aa7ad030dc1f30b3292
steamcommunity.com/app/584400/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_&filterLanguage=spanish
plebbit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/6ttkju/tmobile_us_sonic_cd_free100_off_steam_key_ends_5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They really shot themselves in the foot with this.

Are you retarded?

We alrrady discussed this to death

BASED SEGA AM I RIGHT

Still find it funny

I don't think so. It's still unclear why they did this, and the devs deny responsibility, calling customers to complain. The shitstorm is just starting.

To be fair, the EULA didn't mention it, and in a perfect world one could take that shit at its words. It only makes the problem worse of course, because they tried to hide it on top of everything else.

Speak for yourself
then stop posting

Cause it was just one shitposter making fake screenshots.

What is there more to say? SEGA were retarded enough to do it even though the game'll probably be cracked within the week.

I'm beginning to think nobody played the first game

I watched three of those "references in mania you might have missed" videos & none of them mention anything about the original game outside of splats.

Blue sphere is kicking my ass though

Maybe it's the lag from my monitor. this felt easier on a tube TV back in the day.

This isn't a Sonic general thread. Go fuck yourself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Darn, I may have to wait an extra week. How will my mammoth backlog ever tide me over in the meantime?

It's not something you can dismiss as "Oh well, they did something stupid, let's all move on, guys!". Sonic Mania was Sega's one shot at proving they were definitely back in the game, promoting fan projects and the revival of beloved franchises. They had that one golden shot and they fucked it up horribly at the last moment. For DRM everyone fucking knows is of dubious effectiveness at best. They're not going to live it down that easily.
Besides, it might be the time denuvo raises enough of a stink publishers finally get the message.

Yeah, the Steam reviews are down to 72% now. It would definitely be in the 90% area if not for Denuvo.

Didn't read the topic title. Fuck all, how did I screw up that bad.

In the current state of the shitheap that is the video game industry? Yeah, DRM honestly IS a minor annoyance compared to the shit some companies pull. They'll probably live it down. They'll have the fear of god instilled in them not to pull shit like this ever again, but they'll live it down.
Of course, that's if they don't blame it all on the Mania dev team and lay them off, which is a decision more and more evidence is piling up saying that Sega's going to make.
Between Christian and the Sonic Twitter guy begging people to send feedback about the DRM, I am convinced Sega is doing everything in their power to get rid of valuable developers that put them back on the goddamn map, probably simply because they aren't Japanese.

Sega did it deliberately to sabotage Mania and throw its developers under the bus

I'm sure they'll have "learned their lesson" by the time Sonic Forces comes around

The devs have already distanced themselves from the DRM.

See

Can someone remind me why Denuvo is worse than normal DRM (I'm not defending it)? What does it do exactly? So far all I've read if it doesn't let you play the game offline. Does it get worse from there? I read something along the lines of "it's constantly running in the background, so it shortens the life of any hard drive it's playing on". Sorry, I'm just trying to catch up.

Heres the thing, if Sega tries to straight up say that the DRM was Christian Whitehead's decision then it'll blow up in their face even more.

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

its literally a time limit on games. It runs off of servers which will inevitably get shut down.
That and the fact you're forced to use even more DRM while using Steam in the first place is absolutely retarded.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical. Maybe in a few days' time Denuvo will be removed and Sega will issue an apology or something. I mean it's happened with other Denuvo games, and most normalfags didn't even know what Denuvo was until Mania happened.

In the case of sonic mania it just straight doesn't allow offline play, so there's that.

You couldn't make this worse if you tried. I knew it was bad, but this is 1 or two steps removed from "denuvo deletes system 32 & auto charges you for X amount of playtime". this is so bad, I'm surprised there isn't more public outcry.

Aside from leaving you locked out of your games when the auth servers go down eventually? Shit creates a substantial performance overhead for any game that uses it. Wonder why Nier:Automata runs like shit on PC? Half of the reason is Denuvo. The other half is certain lighting effects being cranked up to 11 for whatever reason, but that's fixable.

They're going to have to if they don't want a shitstorm. They didn't even advertise it had Denuvo until after release, so they can get in trouble for false advertisement and scamming the people who pre-ordered.

There's not a huge public outcry because not enough people know about it. Sonic Mania is thankfully a huge wake up call for the normalfags, because they're coming out in droves to attack the decision to add Denuvo.

You're giving this whole thing way too much credit. Normalfags bought the console release and don't give a fuck about what goes on with the PC release. The only people who really care are the "ethical" shiteating buyfags who were going to buy it regardless, but who hate denuvo, and the pirates who absolutely must have the game on day 1/2 or they'll shit their pants and resentfully buy it, while throwing up a shitstorm about denublow. Neither of those two demographics hold any weight, nor represent the average normalfag.

See above.

Apparently Mania was already cracked. I'm sure Sega will realize they fucked up. They're better than this.
It does make me happy to see Segafags are more critical of their favorite company's decisions than Nintenfags are.

And? Still doesn't change the fact a lot of mustardfags are pissed at Sega for this. Hell hath no fury like a mustardfag who is also a Sanicfag. It's like the ultimate autism.

The biggest french normalfag vidya website is reporting on denuvo and associated outcry. First time I've seen that. It is blowing up.

God forbid they actually pay for something.

When was the last time that meant anything? Money talks, bullshit walks, and until "being pissed" translates into mass-refunds and significantly underperforming sales, the (((suits))) aren't going to get the message.

Embed related.

top kek

Quoting from old thread.
I'm working on a customer support email now, how does it look?

SEGA SCAMMED PEOPLE WHO PRE-ORDERED

The shit they just pulled is sleazy as fuck.

I want Sega to suffer for this. How would we go about doing this? All I can think of is alerting people like Total Biscuit and hoping they do a video on it. This is the last time I will ever pre-order a game.

That's how the steam system works? I didn't know that being given a game for free counts toward the time. That's pretty sinister of them to do something like that.

The two weeks thing only applies to automatic refunds doesn't it? If you complain to Steam that you were lied to they will probably refund you anyway.

Nice bait

Go to Sega's support website and politely tell them in your own words why Denuvo is bad and why you won't be supporting them unless they remove it.
Normally I'd say that won't do anything, but the goddamn developers and the Sonic PR guy specifically mentioned DRM in a tweet asking for feedback. I think they're in a position where they can't do anything about it and are sending an SOS to pissed off mustardfags.

Somebody missed a wrong turn

Personally my idea of a email to customer support would read something like

Except the mass refunds part is actually happening.

I apologize for the implication otherwise, but I did indeed buy it and feel being truthful in this matter is more helpful. I thought a tiny game like Mania wouldn't be worth the money for Denuvo, and this notion was only supported by the lack of disclosure on the store page. Boy was I wrong and now I want to do something to correct it in whatever way I can.

Something like
"I really dodged a bullet there by not preordering your game. Will never preorder a Sega game again" could work too

They don't need to be mass. Something like 5000 copies or a campaign to refund will make the publisher sweat bullets too.

If you actually want to see shit get done, hijack sonic twatter hashtags and start a refund campaign. Maybe it'll be successful for once.

It's OK, user, just learn your lesson from this.
NEVER
EVER
PRE-ORDER

Make sure you get a refund too.

I bet Sega management is pretty unhappy to be held at such a higher standard. Nintendo could do far worse and be fine, Sega meanwhile gets to feel the pain

Atleast now i don't have to feel bad when i pirate this.

Why do you think Sega made a vow to their fans to be a better company? They've been taking heat for over a decade, mainly because of Sonic.
If they haven't learned their lesson by now, they never will.
If more companies had their reputation damaged as much as Sega's reputation's been, maybe gaming would be better.

I didn't preorder thankfully, I just bought it 30 minutes after release.

I tried but it was denied because I played it for 5 hours on release day.

Untill they will get rid of it entirely from store, i, good goyim, will not buy such blasphemy and instead try out bootleg named 7 Grand Dad Mania.

You just cracked the code. A year ago they thought Mania was a bit of fun, but now the prank's gone wrong and they need to shut it down

They problem here is that Sega had the golden opportunity to definitely prove they're better than nintendo and that they're here a reliable publisher for the PC market. They fucked it up. That's all this is about.

Why did it have to be like this?

Redditfags like denuvo.

Did you somehow miss the Total Warhammer shitshow that just happened? How could you possibly think this time it would be different?

It would have been extremely/overwhelmingly positive, since it's genuinely a good game.

I already put in a refund request a day ago. Is it supposed to take this long, or should I rephrase my refund request differently?

Its the none english reviews bumping it up.

Baldman you fuck, I thought you developed an algorithm to crack these games, I don't see shit for Sonic Mania.

Depends on how you chose the refund. If you choose to have it sent to your steam wallet, you can have your funds shown as "pending" in your wallet in as little as ~3 hours after sending your refund request. If you choose a different method, times can vary significantly.

I'm not saying it is a shit game, but if I bought it and found out that the company tried to pull wool over my eyes with DRM I would not recommend it.

So that's why.

Neither warhammer nor RTS games are my jam so yes.

I sent my White Day refund request this morning, with only "It has denuvo but did not mention it on the store page" as the reason and it went through within hours. But I was well under 2 hours/2weeks.

This shit isn't just anti-consumer business practice, this shit's illegal. The fireworks will be great.

That's suspicious. Who's voting it up? Russians? Chinks?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah no, having faith in TB is the last thing you'd want to have given the paid mods shit.

fucking newfag

I'm not saying they do it for free.

so you're retarded too?

I once had to wait for two weeks to get a real money refund.
Don't know how steambux choice works.

He also swore of anything sega years ago after the shining force shitstorm.

It should be VERY positive. It's a great game.

Really, how many of you fags actually disconnect your PCs from the internet anyway? This is fucking ridiculous and is one of the prime reasons why devs shouldn't bother with PCucks at all.

my guess

HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE

Can you shill a little harder? I think you didn't quite manage to lick SEGA's small intestine clean yet.

Not an argument.

When will they fucking learn? DRM will always be a turn off because of the hoops you have to jump through. You need Steam to play this game, then you must also need the DRM authentication process. Tough shit if you're internet goes out for whatever reason, even just a blip is enough to end your little session until you reconnect. DRM is massively anti-consumer and always will be. The perfect DRM which somehow prevents piracy but doesn't harm the legit customers will never exist.

Just drop DRM, make good games, be good to the community and hey presto, you make money. Pirates will pirate anyway, some will pirate to try before they pay, most don't. Stopping them won't make them pay, it will just cause a controversy you could do without. Pirates acquire the game illegally, play it and if its good, sing its praises over the net, getting fence sitters to buy.

We won't lose DRM though, because the execs are told about the big bad pirates costing them 10% of potential sales. They lock that shit down to get more money and don't think or listen beyond that. When a game under performs because of the Denuvo scare, they just can the devs and move on.

If this was simply always-online shit, it'd piss people off, but it wouldn't cause a shitstorm of this magnitude. Denuvo is malware that can destroy hard drives.

Not an argument.

You're late, denuvo shill. Where is your work ethic?

Why would I argue with you when I can't hear a single word you're saying over the sound of SEGA pounding your ass harder than North Korea pounds human rights.

Meanwhile…

so you're retarded too?

What part of, I don't want fucking denuvo on my pc just like i didn't want starforce and securom, do you seem to not understand?

Let me guess, you're next post will be, "i was only pretending to be retarded"?

So you're aren't contesting that user's assertations? Good to know

Seriously though, where were you? This is the second thread we've had on this subject and I don't recall seeing you in the last one

Bingo. Its all you can do. Sure, it'd be nice if devs could make money reliably, but its that easy. Best thing you can do is just that, remove DRM, be good and hope for the best.

Why isn't Sega of America the lead Division in Sega? Why do SoE and SoJ always have to pull down Sega as a whole while SoA does their best to clean up the mess the other division leave behind?

Funny thing about both starforce and securom, Windows no longer supports them. This means if you bought a game that used this DRM you would no longer be able to play using those discs unless you changed your OS, bought it again or pirated the game.

cuckchan might be more to your liking.

get fucked PC cucks

Did you even read the thread?

You don't like Resident Evil and Silent Hill type games? I assume that is what they mean by survival horror.

Is it cracked yet?

I dont think so

With anons like this who needs VPNs]!

REMINDER
WHAT THEY DID BY PUTTING DENUVO IN AND NOT ANNOUNCING IT UNTIL AFTER THE GAME CAME OUT VIOLATES BOTH AMERICAN AND EUROPEAN TRADE LAWS.
HAMMER THE SHIT OUT OF SEGA FOR THIS

AND REMINDER
PIRATES NEVER HAVE DRM
IGNORE ANY POSTS MAKING CLAIMS ABOUT THEFT

I actually hope it does well despite Denuvo. I just want an outcry about it to hit Sega in the face while an actual good game in (((current year))) gets rewarded for its quality. We need as many of those as we can.

Well that's the sticking point, isn't it? Offering up a DRM-free version of your game is the ultimate vote of confidence in the quality of your product to compete on the free market with no jewish tricks, and that concept is fucking terrifying to suits. If your game is shit, and you offer a DRM free version for people to demo, people who may have blindly bought it might just try the official "free version" first. They'll discover how shit the game is, and then uninstall it and at best forget about it, at worst spread negative word of mouth.

When you're dealing with a product that historically has an 80%+ chance of being mediocre, you're going to want to rack up as many pre-order and day1 sales as possible, so being deceptive and relying DRM and marketing rather than good gameplay.

As much as I'd love to see this keep happening with other games, I'd be genuinely shocked to see a major studio do it, but at least some indie devs are fighting the cancer in their own little way.

That's fine. I didn't want happiness anyway…

okay

Got a link?

This is the sad truth of it.
The businessmen are concerned with making a profit consistently on what is a high-risk product.
But in big companies, the bureaucracy has such a cancerous effect on the technical problems that have to be overcome to put a game together that the business can no longer afford to develop more than just a few titles in parallel to reduce risk.
Instead of doing away with the cancerous bureaucracy, they throw money at the problem, they throw money at Denuvo and getting gamers to pre-order their shit.

The real shame here is, you had a dev team that was likely largely separated from all of the cancerous bureaucracy, and then SEGA comes in at the last minute and throws Denuvo on their sure-seller title.
Which is going to turn their sure-seller into a flop on PC.

SEGA
>Made arcade consoles DRM
>Created Sega Saturn, the once uncracked console for 2decades DRM
And Holla Forums thought they wouldn't pull DRM on Steam games they already have published?
Sure, it's ok when
Denuvo does it

What did they mean by this?

And yet you fags worship Nier Automata.

Fuck you.

"Whoops getting caught wasn't part of our plan, better damage control!"

They meant go back to >>>/cuckchan/ with your shit tier templates you fucking slowpoke redditor

What did he mean by this?

Sorry we got caught.
They underestimated the autism

Somebody get this hothead out of here!

12 game overs

Every arcade manufacturer used DRM.

That's a pretty retarded reason to get mad at Sega, since there are other consoles with uncrackes drm.

pc retards who dislike drm project that dislike onto things that they don't understand. I suggest taking care of your own first, and PC gamers are the last ones that should be pointing fingers when it comes to DRM.

OH SHIT IT'S HAPPENING!

Hows Brazil?

how's sonic maniAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Oh boy, here we go.

Literally every week.
These dumbasses will never learn.

Why would I be mad when I'm not retarded?

Thanks for projecting on my behalf! Surely you know what every Personal Computer thinks and wants on their systems! Surely your opinion is the truth!
Surely all computers come installed with some sort of Digital Rights Management! I wonder if the Amiga was as hard to crack as my Ti-83!

As funny as it is that sonic mania has denuvo, it's even funnier that there are autists that think that this will bring a shitstorm, implying it ever has

It's already a shitstorm. Just look the reviews page, it's a sea of red.
steamcommunity.com/app/584400/reviews/

kys wrasslefag

Yes, none of those brought a shitstorm as well

Who are you quoting?

We have IDs here you cuckchan shitposting faggot
Filtered :)

I worded that like shit. what I meant was nothing in the industry will change

SEETHING

/jp/sie get out reeeeeeee

Myself, you dunce. It's like you purposely ignored my other comments about SEGA dismissing it's employees, and most of >>>Holla Forums assuming SEGA is going to care.

Not that poster but:

Telling people AFTER it was released and the whole bundle that fucks up the refunds, now thats jewish. Whoever handled this should be fired, but they won't, and now Sega just killed itself.

and to top it off, sonic forces is gonna sell anyway because of the character creator and deviantart

Segafags are usually the harshest critics of Sega.

that actually is a legitimate concern, user
if you didn't have denuvo on your product, then
MORE PEOPLE WOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY IT, WHICH MEANS MORE PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT

link where?

so are you telling me that third-world sales don't matter?

He said they aren't people.

If it's cracked, I would expect magnet link to be posted in this thread already.
I doubt it's cracked yet.
But little doubt it will be cracked.

The real problem is when the authentication servers either coming under massive cyber attack, or are shut down after a few years and the companies don't bother patching Denuvo out.

Doesn't have to be the local end for it to be an issue.

No Segafag is okay with this, they don't sit there and take it like Nintendofags. Segafags are the harshest critics of Sega, ready to form angry mobs and tear down Sega's headquarters whenever they do stupid shit like this. Then again, Segafags are always pissed off at Sega.

What are these subhumans even saying?

What the fuck? That's like something CWC would write.

To be fair, nintenfags have this problem where the second nintendo something stupid, hordes of sonyggers come flooding it to claim it is the death of nintendo, even if sony has done it for years. So there's kind of nothing left for nintenfags to do but say "sure, it's bad, but not THAT bad", at which moment one only needs to claim they're taking it lying down.

You instant gratification fags need to gb2reddit.

You denuvo shills need to go back.

Go fuck yourself with a rusty handgun.

A 30 mb update just happened.

Sonic is great and denuvo is literally a non-issue you spergs

archive.is/D9cTn
The poor, misguided fools.

Post yfw you were really looking forward to it and were willing to buy it at full price if the port is good, but now you probably won't even pirate this shit out of disgust.

archive.is/vcsE7
Looks like shitnuvo is here to stay

All they had to do was let people give them money

what animu?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

It was indeed probably a big, since regular denuvoed game can be played offline while activation.
But it is nothing more than damage control at this point.

But it was and you know it, sega you fucks.

I believe it's Mahoujin Guruguru.

so didn't you essentially state earlier that third-world sales don't matter?

thanks user

Yeah I'm so butthurt my engrish went to shit.
I don't care.
Fuck this and fuck sega.
I'm deleting my PSO2 account.

Gonna shill SATS:DX again, which actually rewards you for getting all the chaos emeralds rather than just super mode and a shitty extra boss.
forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=37097

How can one company ruin their reputation so quickly? Holy shit.
Calling it now, by the end of the week news will break that Christian Whitehead and the entire Mania dev team has been laid off. Then Sega will claim Denuvo's been removed and dataminers will find out that it's still there.
This situation keeps getting worse and worse. Jesus fucking Christ.

Don't forget to sell off all your Sega merchanise or throw them away.

The "fix" they implemented is literally just a message telling you to go online.
HOW DEEP CAN THEY DIG THIS HOLE?

Truth be told I never played any romhacks.
The whole "after the sequel" autism implies there are hacks/games to be played before it?

Do you think I can sell my genesis and all its cartridges for decent price? I'm not sure if it's legit or just chink rip offs.

so tell me user, do sales form third-worlders, such as brazilians, matter?
if they did, you'd think that denuvo is undesirable

holy shit, it's so insane I refuse to believe it, have any more proof?

Can someone upload the new files from the game? Thx

I just made one post about your accusation about the Saturn you paranoid dunce.

You know, maybe Sega wasn't lying when they said they accidentally made the game always online. I'm starting to see how plausible that actually is considering how incompetently they're handling this situation.

It's like they're trolling the fans at this point. I mean god damn they've really fucked up.

Of course you can with collectorfags these days. Sell off all your Sega games, your Sonics, your Shining Force, your Crazy Taxi or whatever.

Nice digits btw

I'm not going to buy the game even if they do remove Denuvo and apologize. This is unforgivable.

Is it me or is Sega outside of America trying to undermine the efforts of the fans and Sega of America to revive Sonic with this bullshit? I guess Sonic should be sold to a new publisher then.

Don't forget to buy Sonic Forces goy

Holyshit really… I mean REALLY.
Fuck who ever Sega Dev is "gais its fixed now we promise"
"but all you did was stuck and out of order sign over it"
"yeah its fixed"

Watch Sonic Forces not have Denuvo and clueless retards claim Sega has learned their lesson, not realizing this was their plan all along.

There is a name for this too. Something something coca-cola.

(checked)
Way ahead of you buddy

This just keeps getting better and better

I wouldn´t really call Russians westerners, though.

Even Steamtards will be begging for it to be cracked at this rate

Problem is this has burnt people way too hard. Also the fact the DRM wasn't declared on Mania until last minute will hinder sales of future products as people won't trust Sega at all now.

I guess you could say Sega's always offline policy is to make sure the game doesn't work at all.

Buy Freedom Planet with the money you got back. It's a great sonic-like game with amazing art and gameplay flow.

Look who's back.

Good lord, this fag

And now it sets off people's Antivirus

it's Denuvo, I'm not surprised

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN?

I wonder how he's taking all of this?

Any software behaving like Denuvo would in theory. The AV probably thinks it's actually attempting a memory exploit or something like that.

Considering he's not a cuck, he's probably just as pissed as everyone else.

I just wanted Sega to port Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown to the PC.
Now I don't want it if they're gonna use DRM beyond steam.

They can't dodge the issue forever.
Sega's gonna have to face the music eventually. They're taking too much heat.
Fucking Jim "Cuck" Sterling made a video on Mania's DRM. Normalfags are waking up.

wouldn't that be pointless?

Why haven't we bombed Austria and Germany with it yet?

I'm out $20, but I feel this was the right choice.

Who is that blonde even pretending to be?

I still can't believe people give this fat piece of shit the time of day and even their money

Hes a scam artist, a cuckhold, and a shit tier super biased journo.
Fuckimg Reddit

We are reaching retardation levels that shouldn't be humanely possible.

what a world we live in

Bamco put Denuvo in Tekken 7. Fighting games are predominantly online focused now and Tekken is one of the best selling fighting game series.
Adding Denuvo was pointless and yet they did it anyways. Hell they didn't even remove it after it got cracked, they updated it only to have it cracked instantly again.

Once a company starts using Denuvo they slowly become more and more brain dead

If more people knew about Sterling's cuckoldry, maybe they wouldn't watch him.
You underestimate how brainless normalfags are. Sterling's like Angry "Four Hour Hernandez" Joe in that he does make good points at times, but most of his opinions are shit and he presents himself in such a cringeworthy way that it's a wonder why people watch him in the first place.

You can't get any more pointless than this.

12 Game Overs

That old bitch from Uncharted

This is insulting. Piratefags had the right idea. Done buying games and supporting shit practices and garbage people.

Overwatch tranny, probably?

You don't think he's getting paid? SPUD is full of shills. I'm sure if someone looked into Kuckiden they'd find out he works for Sega.

Am I the only one that thought that Sterling's "wife" is just Jim Sterling in drag?

steamcommunity.com/app/584400/discussions/0/1474221865179742703/

I'm convinced steam is a breeding ground for idiots

aw check I got banned

Jesus Christ. All this shit, then that "online fix". I'm glad I didn't get the PC version, but holy shit, had I known they'd pull this shit, I would have held off and pirated it out of general principle. I love the game, but this shit is unconscionable.

And the fucking krauts are eating this shit up. Literally 2 negative reviews with nobody finding them "helpful". Only a few of the positive reviews mention Denuvo and leave it positive regardless.

WEW LADDIE

It isn't?

i don't know user he might just be retarded

I'm not even sure, maybe that is Jim in drag pretending to be his own wife.

WHAT NOW YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS! WHAT NOW? WE TOLD YOU NIGGA, SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD!
AHAHAHA!

Dang, uncle kaldy is at it again.

I can understand the line of thinking, they saw the sales of the console versions and decided they can implement Denuvo and turn up bigger profit because all the pirates will surely buy the game now

Brain damage

Yep, it's retarded.

Nice bait, but the sad part is IGN is probably actually going to use this to try and prove Sonic was never good

They need to be told that pirates are never potential customers and all they are doing is punishing legit consumers while simply giving pirates an obstacle that they can easily overcome.

What does this word even mean at this point, user? It's pretty obviously not "bait".

ARE THERE NO GOOD COMPANIES LEFT?! ONLINE REQUIREMENT - SHITTY BUT IT COULD BE WORSE–NO NOW THE FIX IS MIGHTY NO 9 ALL OVER AGAIN WITH THE ANTIVIRUS SHIT!

Wait, you thought Sega was one of them?

Explain, I missed that one.

I'm dumb, sorry

the companies that made Shantae & shovel knight maybe. They seem small enough where they have to not dick over their fan bases to stay afloat.

But muh bayonetta and vanquish ports.

Does this retard even read the shit he spews? This is an incredible level of cognitive dissonance

Everything (read: not subhuman yuro shovelware) they've published on PC up to this point was fine.

Yeah nah.

Typing of the dead was great.

They've used Denuvo before

Steam alone makes the things they've published shit, but sure, "everything".
Let's just ignore the garbage dreamcast ports, ripping 10 year old content out of a game to make it DLC, and the attitude of "Let's make games worse so people don't spend too long playing them".

Broken how? Everything I played was smooth.

On subhuman yuro shovelware. Who cares about Football Spreadsheets and Total War.

Probably not. Play old games. Never buy new games on release, always wait.

You'd be surprised.

Good port is something that werks on every machine.
Nier Tomato werked on my machine perfectly too.
It doesn't automatically invalidates hundreds of people not getting shit to work properly.

True, forgot about those.

Honestly, anyone who would buy a remaster of a shit game like SA2 deserves it.

Don't recognize that one.

I've never seen complaints though, besides launch issues that were patched like the physics in Valkyrie. It's like people trashing MGR just because it doesn't account for their stupid laptop GPUs or because (huge) framedrops break the game.

A lot of Japanese devs are extremely distrustful of the PC scene. They don't know how to code for Windows releases and a lot of them think it's 100% piracy anyway with no profit potential. There's some that have "got" it but I'm not surprised Bamco did what they did, and I don't really feel bad they got burned for it either.

Sega however should know better. Denuvo is bad enough but if they had left it alone they sadly probably would have gotten away with it. This patch however is just incompetent and will doom this release, maybe send their PR back a year or two.

I haven't heard of a lot of problems from larger recent PC Sega releases up until now, so I don't know what you are on about.

This is some "I'm not driving, I'm travelling"-tier retardation

You kiddies are so dumb and entitled for complaining about dobubo, I'm so much cooler than you, I actually sent Sega more money just to piss you off. Literally every kiddie whining about dabogo anti-tamper tech is a 12 year old pissboy who doesn't even know how domingo works, it doesn't actually do anything, it only makes pirates mad. You kiddies are nothing but bootyblasted pirates, I stand with Sega and big publishers and they even let me suck their cocks, u jelly kiddies? U mad? Ha ha ha.

Niggas, steamfags are dumb, but when something does not work they just go to steam forums and complain about it.
Go shuffle around bayo and vanquish forums if you don't believe me.

Wassup kaldabaldainen my boi, how's it going?

Is this the kind of low-effort standard that has become acceptable around here? Not even giving you a (You)

Savage.

Sega ain't perfect but it seemed like they're more willing to stick their head out of their asses unlike other companies. While Nintendo is making copyright strikes all to just make a mediocre crossover with Ubisoft and Rabbids of all things, Sega hired novice devs that already had a lot of experience with the craft, who then actually made a nostalgic game that actually has some depth besides nostalgia like level design and animation. I thought Sega would be smart in business practices or at least with helping mend the clusterfuck that is our copyright laws. Well at least we have the console versions. Fucking hell I'm shilling for consoles now.

Mighty No 9 was so shitty that immediately when you install the game, pirated or not, the computer mistakes it for a virus. No Denuvo (I think), it was like this in the first place because of the game itself.

I meant major publishers. Also we can just give Sonic to Pagoda West and Headcannon. Let Sonic be reincarnated as a truly Western video game IP.

DENUVO FIXES
techraptor.net/content/sonic-mania-pc-version-online-only-denuvo?spot_im_verify=signup&spot_im_token_ticket=cba5001910414aa7ad030dc1f30b3292
You deserve what you get for pre-ordering, but spread the word to at least piss off Denuvo.

Copying from their comment section
But all that doesn't consider console and casual sales. IMO- Mania will still outsell Forces, and Sega are doing it to either fuck up Chris or they really have no idea how useless Denuvo is.

EMAILS & SOCIAL MEDIA SPREAD
support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new
No hyperlink so they can't tell we're all coming from the same place. Same thing happens on Twitter.
Be polite, make it clear you would buy it if it didn't have Denuvo.
Feel free to call them out on their bullshit, it's your call.

Even the community manager & Chris are begging people to make complaints- or as politely as they can since they have contracts.
twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/902607350866911232
twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/902573147592900608
twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/902611292841586689
twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=Sonic%20Denuvo
Of course, the above only applies if you have a Twitter account. Same as how if you use Steam, you can "upvote" the reviews complaining about Denuvo as useful.

The whole thing could be a scam to get Chris blamed and he loses something due to it (maybe even send him some love so it's harder for Sega to blame him)- but it's better to spread the news of what sort of company Sega is; making their name synonymous with EA levels of jew-ery. Last thread got shilled like hell- so they MUST fear what we can do (report, filter, and ignore shills).
Spread the news, spread the cracks/fixes, send the emails

TB's a cuck nowadays. However, he already tweeted about it, and continues to discourage pre-orders.

Steam freezes overall review scores when (((controversy))) or (((hate campaigns))) happen against AAA games like Fallout 4 and Arkham Knight. They are just as guilty for letting this shit slide.

This. This. This this this this this.

Sega knows you're going to steal it regardless, so why should they even dignify your autistic screeching with a statement?

WHEN WILL YOU LEARN

To make money. Ever since big money rolled in- the goal is NEVER to entertain but to make as much money as possible for as little work as possible.
Hiring Chris was an investment. Sure they made money- but not as much as they like. They had to pay Chris a bigger cut. Sonic Team fucked up so many times, Sega can dictate whatever they like or they're out on their ass. Now Chris has made a good game, he has enough weight to throw around. If he walks out- it's bad PR. So it's better for them that Mania doesn't do as well. After all, wouldn't want to encourage others to have to learn to make good games again. That's expensive.

Weak bait tbh fam.

How are those physical DRM boxes treating you, Baitman?

a lot of people got burned because the PC port was delayed for 2 weeks, no one told why and then suddenly Denuvo

Back to the GG thread

Sega is playing 88D chess to get more people into romhacking their games :^)

Do you have it? Steam is dead to me.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Wait would Steam have a hand for the shitty update?

Riiight, everyone who cares about a certain franchise is a sonygro and you are always correct.

No. Steam can only remove a store listing, not update software which belong to their publishers.

Bait bait bait!!!!~

You mean the group who's email campaign pulled every advertiser from the start of it to pull out?
At it's peak- it worked.

I hope Openmailbox doesn't get filtered, then.

Key words

I have it and it works fine for me in wine

Why is Sonic and Nintendo so alike? Nintendo consoles aren't strong and have weaker opening months compared to Xbox and the Playstations but some of the ideas for the consoles are "could work just need some fine tuning" and they always have fun games that embrace their identities as games and not try to act cinematic and turn into walking simulators. Meanwhile Sonic isn't always fine tuned and yet his shittier games always had the reason being "ambitious but it's not fine tuned" instead of shitty because it's lazy. And then when he gets it right, he's still shit on because he's not the normal platformer that tries to act cutesy but instead dares to look cartoonish while having some lore and unique presentation. Much like how when Nintendo gets it right, they're shit on for focusing on gameplay instead of buying into the latest fad like open world or walking simulation. Sonic and Nintendo have interesting ideas and yet they're treated like they're shittier than other IPs or consoles that are too chicken to try and are unaware that a great idea with terrible execution can eventually be fixed while a lazy idea or fad would just be forgotten.

This isn't GG, though. GG was a full-scale campaign against the entire gaming journalism industry.
This is just a bunch of people being pissed off at a company for fucking up. It's happened many times before, and it'll happen many times again.
Liberals can't co-opt it either since this has nothing to do with politics, unlike GG.

You're right, this isn't GG. That's why you should go back there

Not an argument.
This is the last (you) I'm giving (you). (U)se it wisely.

Wrong. Some decisions Nintendo has made do get heavily criticized too (Star Fox Zero, the latest games of Paper Mario, Other M, the whole fiasco of Wii U). Not every person who likes Nintendo fits on your personal stereotype, just like not every person who likes SEGA also acts like how you think they do act.

May I ask why are you bringing Nintendo to this type of discussion? I can't see how Nintendo has anything to do with it. You do realize the 90's console wars has ended years ago, right, grandpa?

Are you sure?

Reposting pic realted, not sure if who else has seen it, but if this is true then it was an absolute genius move. I'm not even a PC player, but this shit blows my mind how fucking sneaky companies can get.

Has it been cracked yet?

I guess you have a point. The Nintenfags I'm referring to don't even really exist on Holla Forums anymore. The comparison was simply because of the fact that they were rivals in the 90s.

That Then and Now picture has a screenshot from a non ND Crash game

Feel free to cry in your thread or to the mods because I'm not falling to my knees in front of you

All those dealings with the yakuza

I need to start proofread my shit.

Wouldn't be the first time.

I sincerely hope none of you actually buy Sonic Mania even if they remove Denuvo.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD

i sincerely hope you shoot your foot after you stub your toe to show it who's boss

Someone on Twitter claimed it was "cracked in 10 hours", but that might be the fixes from TechRaptor:

1. Make a copy of SonicMania.exe
2. Open SonicMania.exe in a hex editor
3. Go to 1CAABE
4. Overwrite the byte with: EB

Before change: 75 30
After change: EB 30

Or the more foolproof one:
1) download hxd and install it
2) make a copy of the game’s exe
3) open hxd and then click file>open
4) open the sonicmania.exe
5) press ctrl+g in the box that appears, type 1CAABE and then press enter
6) the program will navigate to 2 values before a 30
7) Do not move the cursor. Type EB
8) it should read EB 30
9) press ctrl+s and close the program
10) replace the game’s exe witht he edited one
11) play offline!

Stay triggered, goon.

Shame this is all they'll care about.

fucking end me

Refund immediately.

Something's wrong, when you go to the reviews page it's almost all thumbs down as far as the eye can see.

This fucking faggot's gonna ruin Talos Principle, people won't be able to look at it without thinking of this goddamn mental defective.

based techraptor

I'm about to get permabanned from the forums.

Well he is a Slowpoke.

They have moderation?

I just posted how SoA is intentionally sabotaging the game so it didn't get shlonged by filthy gaijin like they did in the 90's.
I'm fairly certain this one will trigger them hard.

where are all these anti-PC cucks coming from lately? There's been a huge explosion of them it seems

It's because there's still more positive reviews than negative ones. The reason it just looks like it's all negative reviews when you scroll down is because people have been voting those as the most helpful. It's not necessarily that the score is frozen or some other conspiracy, Steam's reviews system is just fucked though the roof.

actually a major reason is that non-English speakers are upvoting it and this is probably due to the fact that the outrage can't even be read by them so they're totally oblivious. That's the only thing that's saving them right now.

But it still has denuvo though

DEPLOY THE BILINGUALS.

KEK you made my night.

This is going to be a long year for Sega.

delet this

There's been salt between console and PC crowds since the fucking 90s, m80.

Just like what happened with A Tomato, I'm not going to buy this game even if it gets cracked. Suck my dick SEGA.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is the crack, anyway? I thought Baldman had tools that could crack Denuvo within a day. Is there just another new version of Denuvo so he's gotta do it manually, or does he just not know and we have to go light up the Baldman signal?

Baldman has yet to crack v4.5 which is what everything recent is using
CPY released two games with that and both took over a week not counting White Day because Denuvo on Unity simply doesn't work and it got cracked by chinks in less than a day

Which games have been using 4.5 (I'm assuming one of them was Agents of Mayhem), and which version was the Tekken update using?

I totally forgot about CPY.

Hunting Simulator (debatable Baldman said it was different to v4 in a menaingful way whereas the CPY NFO just says v4)
F1 2017
Agent of Mayhem
And obviously Sonic Mania

This isn't a crack for DRM at all. It's just a fix file to bypass the online-only requirement, and it only works for theses that have bought the game.

So how do I deal with my antivirus thinking Mania is now malware because of the fucking update?

Uninstall and refund, or add it to the exceptions list but who knows if the AV is rightfully triggered by it?

Does Denuvo affect other games in my PC or is it just this one?

As far as I know it just affects the game and your computer while the game is running.

So it's just slow downs? Or does it add files you need to delete to free up space?

It reads/writes files every time Denuvo runs its checks, I think they're only temporary but the damage is still done.

dubs and it's cracked tonight

Incredible.

In b4 baldman releases a crack that works with all versions of denuvo

That gif is too slow

Mark you fucking Kike just raise the bump limit

Bumplock means less retards who only browse page 1 will see it though

YOU DON GOOFED SEYGUH!!!

steamcommunity.com/app/584400/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_reviews_&filterLanguage=spanish
tacospeaking fag here,tards are ignoring denuvo because "muh nostalgia", negative reviews point out how sega fucked up.

Spics, Latrinos, Beaners, Shitskins and halfbreed shitposting moor mongrels are rotten garbage eating conformists, who'da thunk.
DUELE user.
ME DUELE!!!

Maybe I need to post more Viper

Holy shit, Viper is the realest nigga of all time.

Also I don't know if Viper's youtube was hacked, given to someone else to shitpost with, or if the madman does it himself, but nearly every new video isn't an actual Viper song and it's been that way for a while. I find embed related to be particularly beautiful though.

>preorder gayme @$15 a few hours before it releases because I heard it's gud on the other platforms
Damn. To add a cherry on top of this, Denuvo is going to be hell for anyone actually interested in modding this game.
I hope this gets cracked very quickly for piratefags.

So I know this thread is bumplocked and shit, but I know where all the good reviews are coming from now. Anyone who uses the T-mobile app, can you verify?

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOICE YOUR CONCERNS ABOUT DENUVO

Apparently the promo ended on August 16. For anyone who has redeemed this promo, please [politely] contact SEGA of Europe.
plebbit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/6ttkju/tmobile_us_sonic_cd_free100_off_steam_key_ends_5/

Dude learn how to wrap posts, nobody wants to open an image in a new tab and zoom in just to read some fag posting about how he fucked himself over by being retarded enough to preorder.

I don't understand, why would this be their plan all along?

Seems legit. Although, it might be because foreign language reviews don't show up, and all the shitskins don't know Denuvo is malware.

This is some neogaf tier arguing