White Day has Denuvo

God fucking dammit. I know I'm probably late to the party on this one, but god damn mother fucking shit, get this Denuvo bullshit off my niche titles god fucking dammit!

Other urls found in this thread:

nextdaily.co.kr/news/article.html?id=20090930800009
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is, I checked. Still, it's just…fuck. Why? Fucking stop. It doesn't do anything, it doesn't help anything, it just pisses people off.

t. Dejewvo

God damn, I'd tangle HIS foreskin if you catch my drift.

it's sad that yall don't realize that games are going to use denuvo regardless of how much whining you do. you're simply irrelevant to the market so any complaints not held by the swaths of plebians that buy whatever garbage cod clone will be ignored.
nobody but you gives a shit about poor localisation, censoring, and denuvo

Don't I know it. I didn't even consider the possibility of it having denuvo before getting it. I can only imagine gooks are blissfully unaware of what it is, and bought it because white day was their first non-online game or something. But whatever the reason, this is just a kick to the balls completely free of charge and coming out of nowhere.

This tbhimo
Nice bait.

Oh yea, so I should just belly up to the table and eat whatever slop they are serving up, right? Get fucked.

If they don't give a shit about me, then I don't have to give a shit about them. I'll go from customer to something else. Raise the Black Flag.

in their eyes, this splinter of the gaming population isnt really consumers anymore. if they're going to assume they we'll just pirate everything, they have even less reason to cater to us.

So, buy Denuvo games anyway? No. I buy all my games, but I refuse to give a single red cent to Denuvo. I will either just not buy them period, or pirate them.

So what you're saying is, just give up Either accept Denuvo's cock up your ass, or never touch a video game again for the rest of your life. Fuck this, I'm gonna go make my own video games.

I do advise you rehearse your stale arguments for the two millionth time, because you're going to get decimated once the sonic mania thread turns back up and you go take your retarded little crusade to it.

It's like I'm really on cuckchan

They stopped catering to "us" around 2005. Where the fuck have you been?

reddit, undoubtedly

What?

That's the idea. Make us proud, user.

And not a single good game was marred by denuvo still.
Makes you think huh.

truly one of the great mysteries of our time

not even close to my argument but ok
just wanted to remind yall that what you want in games is often directly opposite what the actual consumer base wants

As if I would care about such blatant alt-right title.

I forgot to specify, 99% of the NEGATIVE reviews are from Korea.

Jesus christ

OUT
AND STAY OUT

Why would it be mixed anyway? The original was good and this looks all around improved and not buggy as shit

Yeah because publishers still use Starforce and Securom, right?

A DRM will find use for as long as the benefit to be gained from the game not having been cracked yet outweighs the negative of consumers refunding their purchase out of protest.

And as crackers get better can breaking the DRM, that benefit shrinks. Inevitably the publisher realises it isn't worth it and and the DRM ceases to be used. But hey I'm sure your smugposting is way more productive.

I recently couldn't play a DEMO for a game because of Starforce.

That's this entire thread user.

I don't know why, but I've begun to feel that if a dev or publisher doesn't put denuvo in their product, they just don't care about the game as much as those that do.

Go fuck yourself, I'll just go make my own vidya

Not only that, but denuvo basically sparked the cracker community back into action. Remember when there were only like 2 groups bother to crack games? And now there are several competing to crack denuvo as quickly as possible. Also fuck 3DM.

not enough for people to keep buying it. look at Nier automata

this has happened so often Companies know they aren't going to lose any customers any time soon. They're playing the endurance game and hoping that people will put up with it enough that they just ignore it and accept it instead of outright dismissing the game. The plan is going more toward the former and not the latter

I don't know, Sonic Mania is getting some flack for its Denuvo. But then again you have cuckolds in the game journo industry that hate Sonic anyways and just found it as a convenient excuse.

we are not nearly as irrelevant to them as you think, the "heavy" users are always the most important

Not to say that I support their move, but I understand where Sonnori's coming from.

The last time they released the game and said, "hey, could you repay us for our efforts," they only sold about 3,000 copies while their patches were downloaded about 100,000 times. It was a different time back then around the turn of the century, but that experience caused Sonnori to stop making good ol' B2P games for PC until Steam came along. Still, the whole piracy thing was a double-edged sword because it also gave White Day international awareness albeit in a niche fashion.

nextdaily.co.kr/news/article.html?id=20090930800009

But it's already cracked. A little over a week ago. Denuvo is a paper tiger. It doesn't scare anyone anymore.

Cracked in under 2 days, IIRC.
They only added Denuvo as they were bootyblasted over being cracked instantly on the initial release, and blame that for the low sales.
Not the fact that the game is pretty shitty and dull.

I did enjoy how they're adding Denuvo to a mobile port of a 16 year old game. They really are shit devs if they couldn't do anything better than White Day in all that time.

Back then, it wasn't cracked.

And so it did it's purpose exactly by preventing piracy of sales and made people buy the game. If people really didn't want denuvo they would have not bought the game when it was first out and waited for a crack. Denuvo is not enough for people to stop buying video games