HIGH

HIGH
FUCKING
ENERGY
Give me a high energy FPS. One kinda like Serious Sam. Doom is fun but the energy just isn't there. I want something that makes the veins pop out of my forearms while I'm ripping my chest hairs out. Super high testosterone shit. Can even be a modern-ish title as long as it's not complete garbage.

Brutal Doom (unironically), or even nuDoom.

Vanquish is a TPS but certainly fits your requirements.

Oh, and there's EYE on ghost difficulty, which is arguably more crazy than Serious Sam ever was Also Serious Sam 2 is still best Serious Sam.

Platinumshit. Bayonetta always gets my chest hairs growing, I'll check this out. Thanks, user.

You're not gonna believe me, but Titanfall 2 is amazing. Just make sure to get it on PC.

Painkiller seems to get shit on here as of late but it's really fucking good. Don't play any of the sequels/expansions though and try not to quit because the bosses are, admittedly, garbage.
You post this in every thread that mentions serious sam. Nobody likes your faggy voice or your faggy video

I would trust Roland when it came to MechWarrior due to our shared MechWarrior upbringing.
I would absolutely NOT trust Roland when it came to Serious Sam, because he grew up with Marathon and I grew up with Doom. That difference alone is enough to know that he can't go into Serious Sam with the right mindset to enjoy it, but to make matters even worse, he mistakenly believes Marathon to be better than Doom, even past the nostalgia factor.
There's nothing fundamentally wrong with a different opinion of course, but building your foundation on a completely different ideal absolutely will bring about incompatible opinions to the point where you just have to agree to disagree, and Roland has so little respect for the opinions of others that I find it difficult to respect his.
I fucking hate Mountain Dew, but I sure as shit ain't gonna criticise it just because it doesn't match my ideal soda.

Ever heard of Will Rock? It's like unpolished Serious Sam. It's not great but maybe you'll like it.

So criticize it because it's shit. It's a shitty pop by any yardstick. That said, Serious Sam is not shit. Serious Sam is fucking fun. Is it the best FPS out there? Probably not. It doesn't need to be in order to be a fucking blast.

Overwatch

So why are you trying then?

Hard Reset and the new Shadow Warrior. They both have quirks you might dislike, like sprinting that shouldn't really be there in HR or reloading in Shadow Warrior. Doom 4 being so popular makes me annoyed considering how many other good 'retro' fps games were available before it.

Only the multiplayer though. The single player is pretty tame by comparison.

Roland who? Is that the guy that made the Serious Sam sucks video?

Looks like some faggot hasn't been playing with -fast or Nightmare.

Never even gave Titanfall a glance until now. It reminds me of GunZ.

The animations and damage sponge are shitty. Try Painkiller, the damage rating and physics are a lot better.

As for high energy shooter, you need to play Soldier of Fortune. The first one, not the second one, it's a fast paced shooter with no-bullshit machismo protagonist.

WHERE THE FUCK IS SERIOUS SAM 4

WHERE THE FUCK IS BLOOD 3
never mind, I don't want to know, it'll be shit if it ever comes

I also grew up with Marathon, so my 2 cents: both are great. Doom has better gameplay, no doubt, I'd even say it has aged better. But Marathon has excellent writing and ambiance that Doom can't touch. Both have excellent music.

serious sam isn't high energy.

wew

Nothing says HIGH FUCKING ENERGY than being swarmed by creepy-ass skulls all around, while picking off the Spiders trying to jew your gems, getting a Centipede in one go, and bunnyhopping around the arena at lightspeed like in Devil Daggers

You can play Doom with the Dragonsteele mod. Or that cowboy mod made by the same guy.

Hard Reset is an absolute must. Tons of badass hordes of killer robots to kill, 2 weapons that have unique upgrade paths. Unless you're a hyper-autist and get every single secret, you'll only be able to go down a few paths before the games over so you really have to pick yuor play style.

Great game.

what? hard reset is fucking terrible. Play blood or something instead.

Shadow Warrior 2013

Nitro Family

You have to keep shilling that damn video of yours. Don't you ever get tired?

Blood & Bacon
It's one dollar on steam, gets free updates, and supports up to 4 players co op.
Give it a try.

Got about four minutes in and lost patience. The twat spends far too much time waffling and the only thing he said of substance thus far involved complaining about the story and realism in a fucking serious same game. Not worth my time.

If you like rooty tooty point and shooty games with mechs that feel like they pilot like a Virtual-on mech then Tittyfall 2 is not a bad choice. They have some free weekends for mulitplayer so you should at least check it out if you see a free weekend or at the very least torrent it and see if you like how it feels.

Paradise lost?

Go tip your fedora somewhere else, and wait for your balls to drop before you record another video.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. And no I ain't shitting on Doom. I play it on Nightmare and I love it, but I need something with a heavier soundtrack and more jumping. Jumping in FPS games = complete orgasm

The only "damage sponges" in Serious Sam are the bossfights. And even when they reappear in later levels, you're armed with a gun that will take them down quickly, anyway.

I'll try Soldier of Fortune. I'm currently downloading Vanquish, but it's 20 GB and Megaupload keeps blocking off my IP because of bandwidth caps.

You mean second encounter or actual Serious Sam 2? Because that shit looks like a radical departure, it looks like a PS2 era platformer.

I've got a friend who unironically has the exact same opinion as this guy, even though he has never seen the video. Every time I've talked to him about Serious Sam it was like we were both talking about a completely different game.

Painkiller.

NuDoom is amazing, take your contrarian bullshit and blow it out your ass

try Unreal Gold.

Well if thats the case I'd rather be a contrarian than a raging faggot like you.

fuck off Todd

Is this a raid?

How much are they paying you?

It's just a bait post made to revive the thread from page 14

What's even so good about it?

It's alright, a good step in the right direction. Doesn't deserve the fawning it gets though.

FUCKING HALL FILLED WITH KLEERS!
I HATE KLEERS

Can't go wrong with Rise of the Triad.