The singleplayer is bland, but its not a garbage pile as much as a bag of recycled material

The singleplayer is bland, but its not a garbage pile as much as a bag of recycled material.
On the other hand this is legitimately the worst multiplayer shooter i have played on PC in past year.

Are people really going to buy this? Blizzard kids maybe?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/8ZJML
youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You mean it's not free to play?

I'm just so tired of Aim-Down-Sights. Plenty of great shooters didn't have them. It just makes every single game look and feel the same as the others. Boring.

It's a 60 dollar expansion that will have two $20 dollar DLC packs

I dunno man, I guess bungie/blizzard drones will buy and defend it, so it gotta be at least moderate success.

Who okay'd this?

whoever okayed the first one

Then don't aim down the sights.

How is that the same thing?

anything that can be monetized will be

nobody will buy this. mark my words. and these numbers.

What numbers?

Including aiming down sights? Bit much, even for a slippery slope.

Might as well just not use the brakes in any racing game ever (excluding Forza since it's a legitimate tactic there)

I played a bit of the beta, & yeah it's pretty dull. I also played the beta for the first game on last gen as well years ago but never bought the full game, but the beta for the first game at least showed off a little of everything & I got at least some fun dicking around with the open world crap & helping randoms but with this it's just a boring raid that everyone rushes, & PvP; which who cares you can play better games with PvP.

Is it too much to ask for a good loot & shoot game or competent co-op shooter?
I'm still pissed off that Ray of Hope is going to be another DayZ clone

While it's not exactly what your looking for, take a look into Freedom Wars (And, possibly God Eater as well).

What in the absolute fuck? The most generous description of GE is a highly incompetent MH clone that completely misses the point.

I was talking more about the co-op shooter aspect. And, I figured it's worth mention since it's the only other gun-based game that's in the same genre as Freedom Wars.

It's not a shooter, though. There's some extremely rudimentary ranged combat mechanics that would feel at home in gen 5, but it's primarily jumping back and forth and whacking absurdly spongy, poorly animated monsters with the melee weapon of your choosing.

The best co-op loot & shooter is still Borderlands 1.

Okay, I didn't know that about the series. Thanks for the info. So, yeah, either get Borderlands 1 (If you haven't already) or Freedom Wars.

patch 1.01

drastically reduced difficulty so you can play the game one handed while you use your preorder bonus fidget spinner

I hate the new Titan design with the shitty wow pauldrons

They should be moving closer to Halo for titans to be quite honest family

I just want a Halo game on PC made by Bungie that's not 1 or 2

I don't have a Vita & the PC port of God Eater is Denuvoed. I did play a bit of the PSP port of God Eater on an emulator but dropped it a few missions in as that "wouldn't this be more fun with others" feeling started creeping in.

Played it when it was new. It was alright but the dlc became too much.

I've grown to love these slick back, face covering helmets. I think Destiny 1 Titan armor design was already great. Now it just looks incredibly stupid.

Played this for 30 minutes or so. The first two story missions were "okay" (they were fucking easy as piss though), but the multiplayer is shit. It's just worse versions of Halo game types.

Visually though it looks pretty great and runs maxed at 1440p on my machine at 60fps. If they were to just ditch this whole Destiny shit and remake Halo 1 through Reach on this engine I'd be ecstatic.

you'll get nothing and like it

MS owns the rights to Halo, user. Even if they let Bungie make a new game, it'd be Win10/Xbone only or some bullshit.

I played the first destiny and what pisses me off the most about 2 is what everyone says about the beta, calling it "1.5." It not. Taken King to Rise of Iron was 1.5. Destiny 2 plays like a heavily casualized version of 1."lol no titan skating because new players struggle to play against players who can do it. lol increase the time to kill even more which makes fighting multiple opponents nearly impossible. lol merge special and heavy ammo because we can't balance it for shit. Make every one move at a snail's pace because new players find it confusing to go fast."

Are you saying they made a worse clone of warframe even worse?

Yeah, no, just sounds like babby can't play without his shit crutches anymore. Destiny 1's PvP was the worst I've ever played in my life, it was an unbalanced fuckfest with a clear meta at any given time and random one hit kills from all directions.

The problem wasn't that specials were overpowered. The problem was that handcannons were the only good primaries and when they got nerfed specials were the only consistent guns.

*Excluding the pre-nerf mythoclast, handcannons were always dominant.

this game is so bad. i uninstalled it after playing half of Mp round. and i had to sit thru a shitty SP mission just to get to it

I wish warframe had cool movement.

Honestly the PVE sections in the Beta seemed pretty solid, but I doubt the entire game will be anywhere near as exciting. If it is my good goy friend who constantly sucks my dick for whatever reason will probably ask if I want it.
Haven't tried out the PVP yet but the PVP in Destiny 1 made me hate FPS's with ultimate abilities and avoid them like the fucking plague, and seeing how both 1&2 play nearly the same, i'd imagine it hasn't changed.

I rarely ever had to use ADS, the only time I did was when there was a Psion sniping from a large distance.

Felt like Halo + Borderlands.

No interesting characters, bullet sponge-y enemies, boring gun play.

I played the boring solo mission then tried a strike… but thanks to the great matchmaking system I ended up right at the final boss fight. I was pissed off so I uninstalled the game.

Also the multiplayer is 4v4 only because muh esports or some shit like that.

Yeah, that's why people call it "1.5". Destiny 2 is what the first game should've been.
The Taken King and Rise of Iron were just some DLCs that tried to be "epic !!1!" but were based on the emptyness of the original game.

What even is it? An MMO?

You're right about the abilities but there's also the loadout system that favors the people who have the best guns (from the raids).

Eh, never saw many people using rare guns in Destiny 1's PVP but maybe there was a passive ability or two the guns could have that could be broken in PVP.
If I remember right there was one gun you could get that instantly reloads itself after a headshot, though I could be remembering it wrong.

The rail-shooter of a campaign mission they first put you through is perhaps the dullest thing I've ever sat through in a video game. The singular mission they give you in the open beta was actually alright and I genuinely enjoy the game's platforming segments between battles. But the game in general just seems so light on content that I can't see it actually being worth the asking price. How limited is the full game if they think that what the beta showcases (one mission and one PVP map) is worthwhile?

Wait, how the fuck does that even work?

You mean Warhammer Pauldrons. Stop crediting Blizzard with the invention of beefy pauldrons.

Sad to see my once favorite developer has done nothing good in almost two decades.

No excuse user. Even Macfags today have at least a passable UNIX-based system. Apple was on fucking life-support in the 90s because Jobs was gone and their shitshow of an OS didn't even provide true multitasking or a command line interface for developers

Why do the guns have literally 0 recoil?

Because recoil on PC isn't fun :^) that is the exact reason, a dev said that

There were some talks of the first Halo also gracing the Dreamcast user (Back when it was an RTS), so I'm sure some older Segafags can sympathize with you.

Yeah, it isn't fun, but it adds to the challenge, and makes it feel like the weapons have some actual power behind them. Also, it's an easy problem to get over if you've played any PC FPS that was made beyond the past 5 years..

it's like you're not even trying user

I wish Destiny 2 had cool movement.

Played the pc demo for it a bit, it was okay.
normalfags will buy it by the truckload

Reminder that the pc version gives you pretty strong aim assist when using a controller or using stuff that lets you emulate a controller with kb/m that isn't disabled in the multiplayer

Seemed pretty good to me. Artstyle and enemy design is solid, gameplay is solid, as much as I hate games with guns where damage drops massively with distance, but whatever. Gunplay is pretty good for being a semi-RPG lootfest, way better than shit like Borderlands. The strike was fun, didn't care much for the PvP though. Biggest issue is the lack of content, we'll see how much there actually is in the final game.

Not paying 60 fucking € though, might get it on sale, if it ever goes on sale.

I just want to know if she's alright.

I'm the one autist that loves going deep in to the story and learning as much about the lore as he can. There was so much left out about the Oryx arch and the Vex.

The story in this series could be great if they would bring it out of the fucking ebook grimoir cards locked inside the Bungie website(you unlock them in-game but they are not accessible in said game). I have to do go all the way to Bungie's official website, login and navigate to the Destiny grimoir section just to get the story.

I don't really mind the gunplay, it was decent enough for me in D1. I hate the sniper rifle is now a heavy ammo weapon instead of a secondary, but the meta changes all the time so I'll see how much it sours the game. Overall the beta was too short and lacking in content, but I'll probably end up spending a bunch of time playing this game only because my friends will be playing it.

Didn't she die in the opening cinematic of the Taken King?

I only wanted ODST on pc with matchmaking. Now it would be ported by 343 if it ever happened. Nope.
I loved ODST, the campaign was great and firefight was fun as hell. Sure MP was the same but so what?
Turns out that Microsoft isn't the worst, Activision is worse. EA too when you compare Mass Effect with 2 and 3.

Fallout 4. Unironically the best loot and shoot game I've ever played. The gunplay is decent and it has better exploration than any loot shooter out there, that's all I'm asking for.

I had the OB available, so I figured fuck it, i'll give it a shot. Not to buy, but I want to see what it's like. It runs suprisingly well on my toaster; i'll give them that.

Only if its after a hundred weapon and damage mods

Destiny 1 is 15$ on PSN, includes the expansions up to the taken king. Worth it?

Confirmed didn't even touch the fucking beta.
ADS does nothing in this game, you still shoot as inaccurate if you hipfired.

It is implied, but hilariously enough in the grimoir that no one reads her brother crash lands on mars and picks up intel from his drones that state they have reading on the Dreadnaught implying that she still lives. I just don't know in what state as she is on a ship formed from part of the corpse of an eldritch god from an ascended plane of existence. Which itself has been turned inside out with certain sections existing only in the current dimension and others in Oryx's own ascended plane. What influences she's being subjected to or why she hasn't tried to signal for help worry me deeply.

Yes this is how autistic I get about this kind of shit. This is the story we could be getting if Bungie had the sort of competency to display and entertain us with it.

to play an always online game by yourself? not particularly.
even destiny fans say the raids are the only good part, and you would have to both grind like hell to get geared to do them, and bring a full group yourself (no matchmaking).
TTK's campaign, the thing people said "oh, they finally got destiny right" about, is maybe three hours long.

Why would anyone play this bland piece of shit ever again after the first one?

The game has auto-aim for controller users on PC. Who the fuck would buy this.

I actually really like Destiny and was looking forward to Destiny 2 on PC, but then they announced that there'll be a Destiny 3. I don't like grindan when I know my grind can and will be reset.
I might have shit taste but the Osborne effect is still a thing.

I find the whole idea hilarious. It's quite literally Destiny 1 with a new campaign, but everything else is exactly the same, down to the intolerable bullet sponge enemies.

At least the game has fidget spinners and soccer.

I'm so glad they put a useless mechanic in their game and then devoted a button to it. What wonderful developers.

>>>/reddit/

You're telling me they took titan skating, one of the clunkiest and most boring ways of "fast" movement I've ever seen in a video game, and removed it? That's depressing even for a AAA game.

Its the same engine too. The same one that takes a day to compile and render ANY changes they make to the game at all which slows down development to a crawl. If they at least haven't fixed that aspect of their game then I will be insanely disappointed.

I refuse to take any game that uses Ice Ice Baby in its marketing seriously.

Why do people associate italics with Reddit nowadays? Using italics for emphasis is basic writing shit.

ADS makes no sense in this game since the enemy is bullet-sponge.

It's janky as hell. And the last half of your post is pressing the 2 and 3 keys respectively.

dataminers ruin everything.

Hehe, and now its ruined for me too. Hope it wasn't anything personnel…

I'm still excited even if that is the truth, even though exo means no fuggin with benis.

So can someone explain to me why this game was so big? I remember everyone was talking about Destiny and shit and then after a month, it's like the fucking thing never existed. I'm guessing it was some sci-fi themed Borderlands or something?

And now you are telling me people are falling for same thing again?

People latched onto it because it's from Bungie. I mean come on, BUNGIE. All they ever did for years was Halo halo halo. So their first move after detaching from microsoft? This. Destiny. That's why there was a lot of talk. It was supposed to tie into both the marathon and halo worlds somehow.

But then people found out its more of the same (tm) and a shit fucking game with piss poor balance and mmo mechanics. A real shame, because the concept art for the game is seriously amazing and probably lead for some misconceptions about what the game would turn out like

Worst taste imaginable

Maybe he's not a developer, Skint Eastwood.

Hundreds of millions in advertising. Perhaps even billions if you count assets.

apparently reddit is just better at typing

archive.fo/8ZJML
Jesus fucking Christ, how retarded are normalfags? They're actually buying these candy-flavored pieces of cardboard garbage, and they're not even using the codes themselves but giving them to eceleb shills instead.

Already pre-ordered it on PC, its fun as fuck and if you think otherwise you are a no taste pleb

and normalfags will lap that ship up and beg for more
idiots all of them

Apparently people aren't sick and tired of the bland, repetitive FPS grind Borderlands introduced us to.

How's the new Markiplier vid?

Never underestimate the stupidity of whales, user.

There is no limit to this, only infinite stupidity.

All the different things wrong with this game, and that's what you choose to bitch about?

It's really sad because Bungie was always one of those companies that had some of the most talented programmers in the industry. And Destiny 2 itself is really optimized for PC apparently so that has changed very little

Unfortunately, the design team and the writing teams must have stayed with 343 because Destiny is one of the most poorly written and worst designed games ever made relative to its budget and scale. It should not have shipped in such a half-completed state that it did with a complete lack of characters or story or good enemy and level designs. It's just so fucking bad and the game is so fucking boring to play. The gameplay itself is extremely bland but even that could've somewhat been balanced with okay world building but the game didn
t even have that going for it

youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88

If only that were the case, then there'd be actual hope for 343.

It's unnecessary on image boards. If you need to emphasize something, use caps lock. If you're writing something nuanced enough to require more forms of emphasis, you shouldn't be doing it on an image board because they're meant to be forums rather than soapboxes.

It used gamification and behavioural psychology to make people addicted to it. They even bragged about it and had the (((press))) cover that aspect of the game.
There are probably some finer details, but you get the idea. I knew a PhD student who didn't play many video games, and he put in upwards of 500 hours in the first couple of months of the game's launch. It's scary how good the game was and I'm surprised to see so few people know about it.

I only watch true talent like Pewdiepie and Mat Pat

Press "Show post options & limits" you fucking newfag

Both statements are right on their own, but that "because" proves you literally don't know what a skinner box is.

Do thing, get reward. That's a skinner box. It's usually followed by do more thing, get same reward, on down until you have effectively trained the subject to do the thing without having to give them anything at all.

i cant find a pic that expresses my disgust, but at least you got some taste on playing ONI.

But that's wrong; you're conflating Pavlovian conditioning with an applied form of Pavlovian condition (the skinner box). The Pavlovian model is the most basic form: ring bell, give dog treats -> dog associates treats with bell -> ring bell, dog drools even though there may or may not be treats.

The Skinner box model is effectively a slot machine: perform task, random probability of getting reward. In the method you described, Skinner actually found the animals he tested on would become bored if the effort/reward model was too predictable.

You could learn this with a Wikipedia search. I can't believe even need to explain it.

The Pavlovian Response is just associating a stimulus, classically the dogs associating the bell sound with food. The skinner box is associating a task with a reward, with animals it's pushing a button or a lever. In a classical skinner box a reward is always dispensed for the correct behavior (and a punishment may be dispensed for the incorrect one). Study usually revolves around making the required behavior more and more complex.

Well, fair is fair and I was wrong. I should have described the Destiny loot system as a slot machine.

The greatest heroes gaming ever had are all fucking dead. The elite class of developers that actually pushed boundaries doesn't even exist anymore

Better than Marty

If they did then they were always shit and no one noticed because Halo post Reach is fucking abysmal. Especially with all of the bastardizations 343 and Microsoft have done.

Martin O'Donnell was always overrated as fuck so that isn't really an accomplishment. Not saying his scores are bad, but let's be honest with ourselves, if nobody head heard his music before you had someone listen to his tracks against Hans Zimmer scores nobody would be able to tell any difference. O'Donnell just came up with a couple of memorable melodies, that's the only thing that set him apart from "some composer nobody has heard of with a generic big Hollywood-esque score"

The key aspect of the Skinner box is that the chance to get the reward isn't 100%. You have to make multiple goes at the task to get reward.

check it out guys at least i can listen to good music while being bored to death by a shithouse game

Nah

I can think of several Zimmer tracks that sound just like that tbh

Literally can't play one second, great job guys.

Only plebs hate Hans Zimmer.

Titanfall 2 is the new Gaylo