Absolver

this game looks like it could suffer the average indie poz or be pretty good. It's on that fence. Anyone know anything about it or if it's worth wasting the time on.

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games(DOT)com/absolver-free-download.html
archive.is/e5uj1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pirate it nigger and find out.

I own it, story is k I guess, but the main focus is gameplay and PvP, servers are down right now because the influx of players, but other then that, the game is fun, and if you enjoy looking and fighting for vanity, you'll have fun

Pic is my character

cool, I just wanted to make sure it was decent gameplay wise and the developers weren't cultists.

literally unplayable

Game b r e a k i n g

It's a fighting game that's focused on PVP.

If you like fighting games and PVP, you will probably like it. If you don't, you won't.

SHILLING

Somebody just review it already.

Do it yourself

I don't have the game.

Download link?

10/10 IT'S LIKE DARK SOULS WITH FISTS!

There you go.

i like this game but i have a feeling its going to fade into obscurity. think blade symphony. shitters are going to give up and find a new game next week and people that like it will become godlike and make sure no one ever dares pick the game up on sale

The gameplay is good, fun. There's been constant server issues though, and you can't adjust individual post processing options so you either have horrible Blur or the game is dark as hell.

Please tell it's not one of those games you can spend real money on to get better equipment.

There's a torrent of it up on IGG. It seems interesting thus far, playing in offline and it feels like the game is far more suited towards PVP than PVE, which is a shame because the world looks very nice and a more Dark-souls experience in that regard would be more than welcome. Don't really know what to make thus far as I'm not very far in, but the fluidity of combat is quite nifty if you can still focus on combo-y shit when you're in the moment.

The customization aspect seems pretty cool, I'm not very far in as of yet though. I might wait a little longer before deciding whether I would want to buy though, see if there's really a hidden stench in this crusty gem or not. I feel like I want to keep going to see what happens, but at the same time I'm not sure whether I'll be saving myself from disappointment if I just don't bother.

Looks neat but I won't bother until they make the Linux port, normally I'd try it in WINE but they already said they'd do one shortly after release.

There are no microtransaction. You get the best gear from playing PvP.

It's a multiplayer only type of shit that's been shilled by Devolver for the past two months. I think it's shit, considering not even steamfags like it and gave it a mixed rating.
Oh boy I can't wait till Ruiner gets shilled as badly as this game too.

Absolver gets shilled even harder on GOG, it's frontpage news there for some reason, and they've even set up a deal where you get Furi for free if you buy Absolver right now.

That's weird, Furi doesn't even have a publisher. How'd they pull that off?

No fucking clue, seems like someone at GoG or Devolver thought 'hey kid, do you like those beat 'emuppy games like this upcoming Absolver? Here, we'll throw in another one like it for free!'

Yeah but furi's overpriced at like 25 or 30 bux, right? And it being released a year ago it doesn't seem like something they can give away without much though so I wonder what The Game Baker's were thinking.

Looks like the gameplay might be a mess. I'm talking out of my ass though.

Kill yourself.

The gameplay just werks.

Right analog is like God Hand's dodging, less responsive though, no iframing, just be where the attack isn't. Targeting like Dark Souls but with fists, right trigger to shift your stance for different attack chains. The game has a technical gateway, so like said, shitters will give up on it after 2 or 3 hours and failing to dodge right.

>igg-games(DOT)com/absolver-free-download.html
Give it a go anons.

So far the reviews have been pretty good. Its basically For Honor, except with better, more fluid combat. Only issue people have is that Oceania servers are laggy as fuck right now. There's potential here

This. Its a game where you legit have to git gud.

balance and bug fixes are currently being done
wait 2 months
if the game is still alive, go play it

So it's another streamer-bait.

I'M LOVING ALL THESE "FEATURES"!

What did reddit mean by this?

Try that against someone who knows which button to press to block, dodge or parry. I'm around level 20 and I've yet to see any sort of spam that works. Depending on what they're spamming I usually get hit for maybe one or two strings before I figure out which direction the hits are coming from and then just dodge them and counter attack.

you know that's not going to happen, people are going to cry instead of learning and its getting removed or nurfed

that spam is just for when I got my back turned to them though.
rest of my combo set has side dodge and low dodge attacks, which are GREAT!

Why is everyone so skinnyfat ? Where are the big guys ?

you, the player

Looks like the stick figures batallion to me.

In hindsight I assume this was done for hitbox reasons, since it appears that a hit is registered if it actually connects rather than reacting with the general area of an opponent. Then again, I would personally have balanced this with a higher health pool/more resistance to strikes whilst blocking/less stunlock.

I must say as well; there's definitely something very inviting and enjoyable about this game. The way that the combat flows and the way that you have to constantly strike the balance between attack and defence make this a definite up and coming prospect. I guess we'll just have to see if any of us can still say that months, or even years from now.

I think it looks pretty fun, but only due to a lack of recent kung-fu games.

Am I going crazy or are these "woah looking almost at the camera being all badass and stuff" poses becoming really generic?

That is some racist shit right there. Giving generic masks and squinty eye slots to just reinforce the idea that all Asians look the same. Talk about appropriating Asian culture. Only games that can be allowed in america are ones where white people shoot black people.

it's a cool game if the servers would stay up so i can win very little cause i'm bad. still, i like the aesthetic of it. collecting masks, moves, etc is fun too. i guess to some that would be grindy, but I don't mind it personally.

That being said there's flaws, but to me so far it's mostly user-friendly stuff. I'd like a attribute respec since it seems attributes have a soft-cap based on style, plus moves have different ranges of scaling. Would just like to redo attribute points freely to experiment. Also to filter by attack scaling type. social stuff isn't that great, I don't mind having emotes only, but the game has a weird way of going about playing with friends though with private 1v1 matches coming should help. i'd also really just like the ability to fast travel between altars after you've become an absolver. Especially if they plan to expand the world with more areas in the future. And lastly features for the practice mode and by that I mean typical fighting game practice stuff instead of the dummy just standing there to practice gold-linking and test attack speed. Especially giving the dummy custom movesets to practice against would be great.

other than that i can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Most other shit would just be more content in general like gear and moves, and of course to fix the damn servers. The debate here is if it's worth the shekels. to me it is but I already like fighting games, but if you don't I don't see any reason to get it.

it's just the easiest way to showcase a group in a composition instead of having them interact with eachother or display any sort of personality or any gay shit like that

forgot this one, wouldn't want your characters to express any sort emotion towards eachother, much better to have them stare blankly forward like a bunch of runway models waiting for their mugshot to be taken

I think you're pretty spot on. The core of this game seems solid and fun and what's missing are those quality of life things that honestly should've been in but I guess that's indie for you. I imagine they're not that hard to put in later on though besides maybe fast travel but out of the QoL changes I think that's probably the least important. No sorting options for move is my top one at the moment.

I just hope they don't listen to the majority of people about the difficulty or balance. The game should be balanced according to the higest tier of skill, not stupid motherfuckers that spam dodges and parries while smashing.

Looking at the various forums it just seems to be the typical "getting new to a fighting game and how it works" barrier. They'll either get past the barrier or they won't. i have trouble with it too, but it's mostly getting used to the timing, being aware of where my next attack will put me in my stances, and managing stamina. I've played fighting games for a while in general though so I'm used to getting my ass handed to me in the beginning. Especially the timing of gold-linking, I always want to hit a fraction of a second sooner cause of other games I play and I gotta get out of that mindset. Assuming it's not just lag anyway, but it does feel a bit later than I would expect even in offline mode.

Why is Fabio dressed in USA flag colors and why is he groping that old fat Chinese woman?

Is it just me or does it kind of look like God Hand?

Same, the ability to make your own combo strings and dodging with the right stick makes me think of God Hand. How does it compare? Seems slower paced but that seems to be due to the more grounded style of the game.

I've never played God Hand so I can not comment on that, however the "dodging with the right stick" is only somewhat true. What you're talking about is the Windfall style, they can dodge in four directions. Stagger style also has sort of a dodge that can be timed into gold-links (perfect attacks). There's two other styles in the game as well, and the devs and shown interested in adding more.

also, figured i'd do a couple screenshots. rate and hate. I started out as windfall, but been messing around with stagger some too. I can't decide which I like more.

yeah, no thanks

How's the singleplayer? Or is it a blade symphony style multiplayer only deal?

the singleplayer exists, but it's bare minimum. Basically you kill bosses and level up. you can face them again, but you need pvp ranks to do so and they'll drop gear and shit. Still, most of my time has been spent offline due to the server issues so i've just been going around collecting attacks and stuff. I enjoy the grind and npcs also scale to your level with new moves and gear it seems like.

you could always pirate the gog version and play in offline mode i assume to see if you like it.

what you get for bad etiquette.

This is the only game I've pre-ordered since Dark Souls 2 and I haven't really regretted it. I'm in Europe so the servers aren't fucked and I've been able to non-stop play and PVP since release. 22 hours in I'm PVP level 65 and I've killed all the bosses in their upgraded forms and gotten their masks for it.

So far the only problem I have with the game is how easy it is to interrupt even golden linked chains by just mashing a jab, sometimes by just mashing a charge move if your chain doens't have a charge breaker, but that's something you can avoid by just interrupting your chain when you're dealing with mashers, but it definitely makes the infinite gold link chains I see going around sometimes feel viable against people who are still learning the game (Also Windfall against those styles especially when they're constantly mixing it up and you have to guess is a fucking nightmare)

Overall though, in the past 3 days I've played I've at most lost to 3-4 people per day, and I'm usually fighting different people per fight.

I'd point it out right now to anyone wondering about getting the game that despite the comparisons to Dark Souls (which are actually vallid), the game is at its core a fighting game. If you don't like fighting games you're not going to like Absolver past the PVE, which is also its weakest aspect.

Yeah, that's some shady shit right there. Can't really see how giving Furi free helps anyone in the Furi devs side… I'm just probably missing something, fuck if I know.

You don't want to know >>>Holla Forums912047

My first guess would be Game Bakers are wanting the free promotion, maybe they have another game ready to announce or something. The other is that both Sloclap and Game Bakers are frenchies so, and probably unlikely, they could know each other I know. I think Sloclap were former Ubi employees so maybe past co-workers or some shit.

I don't have any trouble with spammers usually, but I faced this one guy that just had this stupid fast jab string on one of the ledge maps. He'd just line me up and pummel me off the edge every time and I couldn't figure out what to do about it.

>it's not fun

the gameplay isn't redeeming the complete absence of purpose in this game. What do you guys do in this game to make it worth your time?

Agreed, it's just lazy

when i first saw this game on twitch i thought overgrowth had finally come out

PvP. To get gud.

fight people? it's a fighting game.

i forgot about that. i guess the overgrowth devs did too though.

You fill out your combo decks?
I just make quick looping ones :3

For the mix up potential yeah. I'm by no means great at the game, but it's fun to trick opponents in PvP. My sword deck needs some serious work though.

is the :3 implying you met me in game or something and whooped me? i would not be surprised, i've had my ass handed to me a few times.

This game's been keeping me busy for the time being, learning new moves for your deck is always fun or gruelling, and sometimes necessary to do in offline mode only. Especially so since any old faggot can try to ram you from behind… Just worried that pretty soon I might be hitting the content limit. Steam says I've only been playing for 8 hours but I'm already over level 30 although somehow the savegame from the IGG version got in there, which I'm cool about, and he was about level 15 at the time, and that probably took me about 2-3 hours to get to at most.**

the limit right now will be how much you enjoy fighting online. i had the fortune of not having anything to do today so got a lot of pvp in during the non-peak hours. It is fun as fuck to play and might be my new go to for fightan since its got a decent amount of popularity behind it.

the devs do have content updates planned, but i don't know what that entails however. if i remember right, when watching streams before the game launched, some folks were saying dungeons, maybe bo staff style in the future? i have no idea if any of that's confirmed, the only thing i know is that the first content update will add 3v3, spectator mode, and the ability to do private 1v1.

i do hope they do more pve content though despite my interest in the game being the pvp. What little of the lore you encounter i thought was interesting and would like to see it explored more.

Pirated it, runs like shit. I dig the artstyle but they smear it with post processing.
Most of the game is 1 vs many but the lockon system is counter intuitive for quickly switching between targets. Which is odd considering it would actually be quite neat since you'd be flipping between stances as you target people around you.
Dodging with the mouse movement also feels very very wrong and not accurate or tactile enough for something that you need to be able to do fast and reliably.

The core of the actual game though feels fun. And I've been looking for a game where I can play through the whole thing just doing flashy spin kicks for a while.

I got it as well. I feel like sweep attacks that duck are pretty much meta at the moment. So you better keep at least one low attack on the alt attack.

The meta seems to be relative to what the certain person is having trouble with as far as I can tell. At one moment it's quick spams, then to answer that people were sweeping, then to answer that people were using hyperarmor attacks, etc.

there's actually quite a few ways to deal with stuff in Absolver, i gotta say i'm impressed since it's a dev team of like 6 people. They've put a lot of thought behind the fighting.

while playing the game it somehow made me miss playing Necropolis but then i remembered how shit that game was so i somehow found myself installing Sid Meier's pirates

git gud.

i just prefer my rock papper scissors combat mechanic straightforward , not disguised as something involving skill when it's clearly not

git gud.

Oh, and I forgot the few threads I've seen of people complaining about healing. That one really made me chuckle. Silence meta should be arriving soon I believe, kek.

i'm trying but it's not easy , this game is the dark souls of open world naval combat games

It always seemed really easy to me, you could get a fleet of hyug warships in the first few hours and just steamroll everything.

You're not even playing the good version though. Pleb.

Game feels tough, but not on dark souls levels (yet?). Though i also want to get into Dark Souls, but this will do. Maybe. I don't know.
Should i go online at low levels?

the insult kinda loses it's sting when it comes from someone the has spent (13) posts defending a kang-foo souls-like clone

The camera is absoverly dogshit though

I actually don't know where the dark souls comparions are coming from, other than reviewers I guess and that "souls-like" is a meme now. It's just a fighting game to me with a bit of a rpg twist to it.

As far as online, it's going to be relative I guess. I've been beaten by people lower levels than me. Just, you know, don't expect to be great at it but don't get mad that someone beats your ass in. They took the effort to learn the game, but you can git gud too. True with any fighting game.

Do you mean like when getting backed into corners? Yeah, i wish they would do transparant walls or something. You can still see your opponent's attacks, but only sort of barely. Why I have shockwave equipped.

Also what stats for progression guys? I have 20 saved up atm.

Yeah it's hard enough that I can't maintain situational awareness by turning my head when the camera lock is on, once you get backed the camera just stops knowing what to do.

Mine are 18/16/15/18/10 and I have 7 points not spent. I'm still trying to figure out the caps, but I do know that Stamina caps at 255 (endurance 18) and I think Shard Regen (Will) caps at x2 for all the styles maybe? Also my mobility is 23, but mobility is gear dependent so you can't spend points in it.

The lock on hasn't bothered me any. The way I've found it to be easiest when fighting multiple opponents is lock on one while attacking the others. That way you don't have someone sneaking up to you and knocking you upside the head.

Oh, and attributes should be mostly based on your combat deck as each attack has different scaling ranges. The arm is strength, the hand is dexterity, and the running dude is mobility. It ranges from A through E, with A being best, but some moves have an S scaling though which is better than A. Typical grading system.

hopefully they add the ability to respec soon though so I can try more crazy builds, mine's more balanced right now.

It feels like all the attacks that come out of a backwards position are generally faster than those that come out of a forward position, so attacks like the backwards sweep that ends you in a forward position you can assume anything that comes out after is going to be slightly slow. Is that right or is it just that most of the early unlocked attacks have fast stuff in the backwards position?

Are you asking in relation to PvP? Looking at my combat deck right now I have a decent variety of speed in all stances so I'm not sure.

I think it's just a coincidence.

This is straight up unplayable with mouse and keyboard. Why the fuck did they put dodge on mouse movement? That's got to be the stupidest thing I've seen in my life.

You mean parry? Dodge is still spacebar. But yeah, Taking the parry class with mouse and keyboard was a big mistake.

You think parry is bad? Absorb is totally fucking useless. I don't even bother to try to use it because I actually end up taking more damage than if I hadn't, it's actually much more efficient to time it well and block between hits. The mouse was also a shitty option, especially for absorb.

They really need to let you rebind it yeah. Almost everything else is rebindable but the style abilities and I have no idea why.

Fuck knows. It would also be a nice idea to let players respec, or gain different parry/dodges too. Not being able to leave a school once you've joined it is also weird, and gay. The fact that most of the progression also lies in PVP when there is only 1v1s available also sucks. Why can't we have actual boss battles or instances which require a team of players to fight? As it is, you only get different levels of the same bosses, which you can only do once each time.

There's no words to describe how much I hate this camera.

Was this made by those guys that took the piss out of all the other cancerous companies at E3?

Devolver's a publisher, not a developer. And yes they published this game. which begs the question why the game is tagged indie

WHAT IS THE FUCKING META?

There is no meta yet

Anything fucking goes

The devs explicitly said they considered grapples but decided against it because taking control away from the player in a game like this is a horrible design choice.
I fully agree, and I'm continually surprised by how on point the devs are on balance

Heal is incredibly balanced. It requires you to be aggressive to actually get good HP gains and it's very easy to punish. In fact, pretty much anything people complain about in the game right now is pure git gud material. I've seen every single move in the game and nothing sticks out as overtly powerful.

Only thing that sucks dick balance-wise is the Library map. Pure AIDS, because the entire map is either unsafe to stand on, fucks your camera, or both.

A grapple build would first run into the problem of how do you balance counter grappling, which requires the player to now learn another seperate set of skills which may also have the same less intuitive control used for avoid/parry/absorb.

Come on , if Tobal managed to do it without breaking the gaym balance 20 fucking years ago then so could they ; stop making excuses for blatant laziness

Got bored after a few hours and went back to Tekken.

I think the style abilities are intuitive, it's just using them with the mouse that's shit. On controller you just flick the right stick. It still takes practice to get the timing (or directions for forsaken parry/windfall dodge), but so does everything else. I think it's more about finding what style clicks with you the most. Both me and my friend started out as Windfall, but he's went Forsaken and I went Stagger.

People are acting like Kahlt is useless though, but man I've encountered some really good Kahlt players that have kicked my shit in so I don't know.

People have been complaining about Stagger (drunken style) a lot, but as someone who plays Stagger I'll give you some tips. Our stamina and damage protection is atrocious. Just let us waste our stamina and we are fucked. It's why so many stagger players are using shockwave right now.

Did anyone on the forums told the devs to implement double tapping left or right for style abilities yet?

People are acting like Kahlt is useless
Kahlt AIs I find are also the most impressive ones. The Forsaken may look better given that bosses messing with your combos would leave an impression, but having at least one Kahlt in a group of 2-4 coming to gangbang you usually means a quick death if you screw up.

Don't think I've seen anyone ask about double tapping, but plenty of people have been asking to be able to rebind it in general so hopefully the devs figure something out for keyboard players. Maybe allow you to set it up like a hitbox, though I don't know how well that well work for Absolver since it's not a 2d fighting game.

Rate my current anti drunken fist deck.

I still need to learn the flying knee since the flying elbow is too erratic when used on non-flat surface and hammer kick is a bit hard to pull off in a combo.

no sexy
no buy

Wind class, I've gotten used to the controls but its the way you get used to wearing shoes that don't fit.
I'm trying to get the jumping spin kick off the dudes with capes just before the last boss. God damn is there anyone on oceanic servers who can just teach me it? This is suffering.

My deck with the hammer kick from changed to the flying elbow (because it's faster than the hammer kick) was actually really effective at killing spammers. So far I only lost to one guy who had a full karate deck that I definitely want and a max level stagger who's unlocked all the moves and shuffled it around, making it an even bigger pain.

Probably because the AI has the ability to time that absorb perfectly because it was programmed that way, similar to how dodge and parry could land with the first strike, even if you're using the fastest moves in the game.

It annoys the shit out of me when I see people actually being able to make decent use of their dodge/parry skills, but absorb is complete dogshit, and we have no idea when it'll be fixed. You bet your ass this has an effect in matches too. And don't even get me fucking started about those ledge maps like the library and the tall tower. It just encourages underhanded play, really badly.

Another match I had, the guy lagging constantly and was literally just running around the arena, and I was chasing him. In the end I had to leave, since I'm pretty sure there's no time out on those matches.

For me, I'm still somewhat on the ledge about this game. On the one hand, I think it's got amazing potential, but on the other it seems to be lacking some content, and I have no idea what the devs will prioritise fixing first, or whether they even will. What if they just do what Dark Souls 3 did with the poise mechanic, and everyone who doesn't like it can just eat a shit sandwhich? I want to root for this game, but right now I'm still not 100% sure whether I should stay on the train or get off it.

too many fucking ledge maps

I agree, I had some nigger named "Jukin" sit there on the library map for 20 minutes because he couldn't beat me in a fair fight

mfw he ended up knocking himself off the ledge trying to knock me off

Which servers are you guys playing at? I'm in EU and so far everyone I met have been courteous about moving the fight to even ground and away from ledges.

Satan confirmed
I assume NA like me, majority of people I fight try to ledge people

But it's an MMO?

EU, same. I'll be honest, I'd take advantage of the environment in a situation like that, but I would prefer the fight to be about skill not about going out of your way to dump your opponent off of the ledge. I remember one guy, beat him fair and square and only de-ledged him like once or twice when he was near the edge anyway, then we went for a rematch, and after that all he tried to do was push me off the cliffs. I already hated that fucking map, but the shockwave/ledgefall combo really is fucking cancerous. When I tried to concentrate on the fight, and not falling down, he'd just get me anyway. One guy even stayed on the stairs in the library level, and waited for me to hustle next to him. I played him at his own game, and he didn't ask for a rematch.

If they bring those maps out of the circulation, it wouldn't be so bad, I don't mind losing to someone who is better skilled than me if the fight is fair, but cheap shit like that is really no fun at all. Wouldn't be so bad without shockwave, but the shockwave is what ruins those maps.

i think they just need to release more ledgeless maps to make things more tolerable.
i can't wait until this stops being the meme power, but fuck the current maps. I use Exhaust instead. It completely fucks with aggressive people. Especially the ones who are adamant about getting me off a ledge.

Not bad man. Maybe I should pick that up too, I've picked some of the fastest moves in the game in my build, and can string them together perfectly in the practice room, but sure enough, when I'm pvping or in PVE, somehow my combo skills go out the window. So my fast combos get outdone by people using random moves from the drunk set, and ultimately I usually just end up using my charge attacks. It's not really that much of a problem anyway since my armour/stamina combo is very nice at the moment.

Also, is it just me or is crouching elbow not really that slow? And some of the stagger moves have a recovery period where the PC has to recoil themselves before performing the next action. Cool stuff. I can't wait to unlock that slap at some point either.

Also, have you noticed how when you've been dealt the final blow by an enemy player, the respawn timer shows up like half a second before? Or is that just me?

*crouching elbow not really that fast

Shockwave still replenishes stamina and gets you out of bad situations though so it's still entirely useful. It's why I use it. I would be completely fine if they just got rid of the ledge maps though. It's partly the player's fault for putting themselves in a place they can be knocked off, and god knows I've been knocked off plenty, but it's not fun to win or lose that way. I've been using a combination of shockwave and silence.

I had someone run to the stairs in the library and just stand there cause he couldn't beat me. Still won though cause he was shit at using shockwave and ended up wasting his shards. Go figure.

Most of those moves go high from what I can tell, and I think they're pretty easy to deal with. I only use three in my combat deck. Whirlwind Double Punch and Double Fist Stretch since they hit twice, and Grab Punch since it has hyperarmor.

pic related is my updated combat deck if you want to look at it. I'm usually Stagger, though right now I'm unlocking Forsaken so the scaling is probably different. But I don't mind sharing my deck or helping others, just means I'll have better opponents to play against.

I don't understand, it is on PC as well you know.

Not even trough .ini?

I was up against a Drunken fist guy that had a lot of armor moves yesterday. Luckily my war gloves move set was made to counter armor moves.

cuck's the word

I started with forsaken and I think I have all but 3 stagger skills unlocked fighting spammers almost all the time.

I think I fought ShadowArai once as well. Once I noticed he loved his charge attacks, I just kept baiting him into initiating a combo or side dodging as the charge attack comes. He didn't last very long after that and I think he's the first person to ragequit on me because I was taking him down without losing health at one round.

Also, I'm seeking to build 2 decks. One with okinawan karate and another with kickboxing. The theme will be fast 1-2 basics followed with alternate attacks for slower mid combo changes. This being the implementation of true martial arts philosophy of mastering the basics. Of course I'm seeking to not have any stagger mixed in because there's not enough words to describe how much I hate stagger.

I'm pretty bad at fighting people who know how to play properly.
Am I bad because I'm retarded or am I bad because this is literally the only fightan I've ever played and everyone else plays them?

why does any of that matter. the only theme I'm ever worried about in tweaking my combat deck is the theme of winning. it's just a video game. But whatever floats your boat i guess

You're probably only bad because you're learning. it takes experience and the only way to do that is by playing.

Because my desire (or should I say my theme of tying one hand behind my back) is making a deck filled with moves that I have used IRL rather than fantasy jackie chan stuff.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also apparently cheat engine works on this game but I have no idea what fun would be derived from it since game is about continuous self improvement rather than harvesting salt.

It will end up like For Honor but with Hats DLC like TF2
Another one bites the dust

I accidentally had mic capture on, so i had to remove the sound.

Also the steam forum is cancer as usual

NA here, haven't been able to get online but once today. I've heard the servers are shit but is this really normal?

I'm on EU and it has been smooth sailing for me.

EU, sometimes the match fucks up and doesn't load.

I've had this happen to me on multiple occasions. Rumour is that the devs weren't expecting such a massive influx of players and their shitty servers couldn't handle it. Here's hoping they use some of the money they get from launch to get some new fucking servers.

Don't worry user, I'd been fiddling around with my moveset and I hadn't realised that it was not working for me as well as my previous one, so I rearranged my moves until I got it back to the way things were. I didn't go online last night, as tempting as it was, but I do think that was the problem as it just wasn't as easy to keep that combo loop going.

I saw people complaining about gold linking too. I wonder how long until people start complaining about those who mix in feints in the middle of their gold links to fuck with them. I had a guy just give up and stand there because I was predicting when he would avoid and feinting into different attacks.

It's been like that for a while for me yeah. US East. If this keeps up game's gonna die, it's been almost a week. It'll be a damn shame if the servers and bugs kill a game that is this much fun, but I won't blame anyone for abandoning it. I have 50 hours in Absolver and only a fraction of that has been the PvP which, at this point, is the meat of the game.

I have a sense of smell for indie poz, and this one looks just like indie poz. Look at the art style and meat of the game. The art style looks like a bunch of hippie anti-fags who are hungry skeletons. And none of them actually deliver powerful blows, so there's no meat to the combat, which would also be emphasized by lots of blood or disgusting deaths, which I don't see.

Is there a "Boxer" style deck?

Or maybe you just have a good memory. Devolver, the game's publisher did this: archive.is/e5uj1
archive.is/

I'm working on it. I'm still missing the back to front roll uppercut for the build to be considered complete and it's still PvP untested. It's only after PvP testing I can manage to trim the fat off and have the combo easily accessible and variable. But it does have the theme of punishing people who just press a button to initiate combos. Still need to figure a way to deal with people chain sweeps though.

Also working on a leg only build, and updated my default pvp moveset.

Kung-fu Dork Souls is such a neat concept, why did they have to ruin it by focusing so much on online cancer? The Internet ruined vidya.

Dork Souls became popular, because of three things

Absolver has two of these, and doesn't need single-player to do so.

Dark Souls got popular because of good level design, solid mechanics and no on-rails "cinematic" bullshit. It's basically a proper 3D metroidvania. "muh pvp" and "muh difficulty" are just cancer memes for autists

Servers are looking pretty fucked right about now.

Because it's not a dark souls game, it's a fighting game. Seems to me "souls-like" is the meme here.

Don't be a retard, it's clear what they were going for. Tons of elements have been purposely made to look and feel like Dark Souls, like the way the world is structured, the way the names of each region show up when you enter it, how moves have letter-graded stat scaling, how items you pick up show as glowing orbs and a confirmation of what you picked up stays in the middle of your screen until you press A, the way the camera works out of combat, the way stats and leveling work, the checkpoints that have been made to look and function like bonfires, etc.

I'm not being retarded, I've seen plenty of games with similar ways Absolver does it. Letter grading isn't new. Nier: Automata had glowing orb items. Zelda also showed up the names of regions when you entered them in a very similar way. The only thing you really got is the comparison of altars to bonfires and that's completely fair. But you're so vague your time would've been better spent writing a horoscope. What does "like the way the world is structured" even mean?

Like, I don't care if people want to compare it to Dark Souls. Everything is compared to Dark Souls, but I don't see how Dark Souls did anything new that could be seen as derivative in games that have came out recently. Nor am I saying that the developers of Absolver haven't taken influence from it, but that doesn't mean much does it? Even 2D games get compared to Dark Souls these days is my point. It's the hot meme and has been for a while, not dissimilar to "Doom-like" or "Diablo-like". Not that I fault people for it, when someone says "Diablo-like" I know exactly the kind of game they mean but Diablo 1 or 2 didn't do anything new either. It just had the fortune of being popular, like how you don't hear "Wolfenstein-like" despite Wolfenstein coming before Doom.

Also, besides that you are going beyond my main point. Absolver is still an online fighting game at its core. I don't know what else you expect or how you perceived it to be something else. Why wouldn't you play a fighting game online? Other than that Absolver has a bit of a faux MMO mixed in with it of course, but still it's a fighting game. This fact seems to baffle you in this post.

Nah you're just being a disingenuous retard who got triggered by a comparison to Dark Souls because that's the hip and cool meme at the moment.

Because it's a substanceless description that doesn't convey what the game is like at all.

So you can not explain it?

It wouldn't have been so bad if the servers weren't so shit. I actually played the majority of the game offline, but because of the lack of PVE content, or even really organized Co-op content, I've decided to wait till the devs add in the shit this game needs before coming back to it.