Alpha Protocol

Why live?

Also Mina is best girl.

in b4 whining about the pistol being OP

That's an odd way to spell Scarlet.

This is the only game I can think of that is both:
1) Shit.
2) Something that everyone should play.
It's buggy and unpolished and not even really fun. It also does the "choice and consequence" meme justice, and does it better than any game since the original Deus Ex.

I keep telling myself I want to try the other weapons, but I love stealth too much and the pistol is perfect for it.

Cant agree more. The whole choice system is so well done that after 7+ replays it always feels different.
The only instance they fucked up is if youre a dick to EVERYONE you still get saved by Steven Heck. It would have been an interesting end to see the protoganist die at the end because of how much of an aggressive asshole he is. The funniest funniest playthrough is being an aggressive threatening psychopath while still playing non lethal/good path. Some of the character responses are great.

Same voice actor as Jack from Mass Effect btw.

Holy hell, I never noticed that.

I've tried being an aggressive dick to everyone but I can never bring myself to be a dick to albatross for no reason.

I want a sequel.

Beta protocol.

Fuck it I'll settle for a Netflix original.

I killed Sis because who the fuck doesn't try to kill the person shooting at you.
Anyway, the point is that I taunted the fuck out of Albatross about it until he sent goons to kill me. Felt pretty good.

>The greatest only incel spy game ever.

Absolutely not, going pure melee stealth in alpha protocol would just emphasize how much worse it is than an actual stealth game. The pistol is just what you need to make it fun and not think too much about the mess of a gameplay.

I always play a stealthy muay thai agent.

Best inconspicuous outfit.

Mina is worst girl, why would you care about her? The real question is, would SIE die for Thorton or would she jump on some other alpha dick at first occasion?

Also I didn't play since release and maybe they patched it out (doubt, since Obsidian) but stealth was so broken you could use that one endgame skill to literally run into NPCs faces and smack their shit in cqc without anyone noticing. I remember faggots defending this shit constalny on cuckchan, "Obsidian dindu nuffin, Sega rushed deadlines!", Jesus.
Still, AP is one of a kind game, it does choice&consequence better than most faggots can handle, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Also fuck Sis, killing that cellar grown autist on the first occasion is hillarious.

This is under my list of "games I can't bring myself to finish again because I know I'll want more, and I know that it will most likely never happen In a way that does the original justice."

It also doesn't help that the gameplay and animations are fairly bad, but somehow it's still one of my favourite games ever.

If only I could, user. If only I could.

Fucking rad.

I'd hate to think how unbalanced this game would be in multiplayer with things like chain shot. Also how the fuck would it work in multi anyway?

I wish I had that chin

It would probably work the same same way dead eye vision or whatever the fuck it was called worked in RDR

It wouldn't work at all.

Insider Tip: 90% of the game's budget was spent on Scarlet's realistic eye roll animation in the plane scene.

Sequel with forced tranny inserts, stereotypical_black_woman_with_huge_afro.jpg, and white nationalist nazi kkk white supremacists being the villains when?

She set off 'Potential Party member' alerts for me so I let her live. Plus she was kinda cute. Sis has that distinct wiff of "Cut content" to me.

I believe it.

It actually was cut content, if dev interviews are to be believed. As was an entire hub area.

I wish Obsidian got to finish just one of their games before they went to complete shit.

If the multiplayer contained the actually good parts of the game then it would be a multiplayer choices-em up where a bunch of people sneak around maps and fuck with NPC variables which leads to geopolitical consequences

You then have to manipulate the NPCs better than everyone else to compromise the other players

That would be an awesome game. Imagine having to play a mix between being an field agent and a strategic map commander.

This. I bought it on a whim for cheap because i needed something to play. Saw Obsidian did it, the same guys who did NV so I took the plunge. I ended up with the biggest mixed bag. Its a shit game and isn't fun to play, to the point I've only ever played it once but the choices and consequences easily beat any game of the past decade. Wish they got to finish it and/or the game was simply better, would love to play it again.

Everyone go play this game right now.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:AB3591A4A440E54EB286693B4250BD30478DFED6&dn=%5Bmonova.org%5D+alpha+protocol&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

It completely fits.

I'm trying to figure out what female autist I wouldn't fuck at this rate. I may have a problem.

This. I also felt that the game was shit while having some hidden potential.

I want lewds of this autistic qt

I bet you wanted a Heck romance.

You need a new brain, my friend.

why is she so perfect?

There's only one choice of best girl, and she's best girl by default.

Mina: Sets off the entire chain of events that fucks you over and leaves you persona non grata
SIE: Stupid butch bitch
Madison: Boring slut. Also, very annoying

The only one left is Scarlet, because you can't fuck Sis.

Because she can't talk.

You can alienate Heck and get him to sell you out as either the instigator of the Taipei Riot or the assassin of Taiwanese Donald Trump Ronald Sung. Doing so earns you a trophy/achievement on the console version and I'm pretty sure locks you into having SIE (or Albatross) be your handler for the epilogue.

If this game came out right now, people here would hate her because of her looks.

Oh shit, I never thought of that. I've got to try this.

Because she's Dead

Because you can't have her. They made the best girl the only one you can't fug just to tease us.

I've played through this game three times already. It's fun in the beginning until you hit the point where stealth makes you a god, but seeing how even something really minor can impact the game is amazing. I remember if you don't go speak to Heck immediately while in Taiwan he gets upset.
Also, Thornton's lines when you play him as a dick are hilarious

The fact you can be a dick and kill everyone is part of the freedom of it. But I don't really want to kill Sis.

I tried it this way:

He hated me by the end of taipei and later he still was there to save my ass telling me he kind of likes ne notice me senpai

In the end michael rode of Alone in the boat. Sucks that they still found someone to save him.

Its kind of hilarious to tell Mina when she asks what youre going to do with the agents in Rome (i think) that youre going to murder them all, only to end up kicking everyones ass with melee

Have to add one thing. I remenber playing a renegade shepard and still doing the paragon choices. Then in ME3 you can disclose the information about the dalatrass plan to sabotage the shard.
Wrex says something along the lines of how he doesnt understand Shepard. One moment he acts like a dick the next moment he helps them out.

I havent been able to recreate it to this day but it exists. Just find a youtube video of it.
I find it interesting to fuck with characters by being a massive dick to them only to help them out. Sadly not every game can actually make a decent dickish/good route

I actually one to add another thing. The way Alpha protocol is allowing us to progress by being stealthy or just going on a fuck all rampage and even allowing us to set the personality of Michael is literally Archer the video game.
No other game does this seriously. Thats why it still is such a fun game to play through over and over.

want to add*

This.
The game stands out.
What made me buy it was seeing the video and laughing at the lines, real sega humour and wit.
Then playing it, having to make decisions constantly and stick with them, made it feel more real. Consequence as someone else said.
Then the non linear world travel, and choosing who are your friends and enemies.
As you said, the choice of approach, similar to deus ex. Stealth or action.

I don't know why this game isn't better known.
I've p!ayed hundreds of games, since the early 80s, and this is one of the most fun and engaging.
Certainly within the last 10-15 years.

Understandable, both are good on their own way, though stronk milf woman ignited the tiny part of alpha male I have.

I think Sega said there won't be another Alpha Protocol, but it doesn't mean we can't wait for some spiritual sequel. Probably not from Obsidian with that poz, but one can dream.

Because despite being one of the best if not the best game to have structured choice and consequence, it's a shitty action game and released in typical Obsidian bug-filled fashion. Much like every project they had, they simply mismanaged the fuck out of this. Obsidian is one of those companies that need AAA budget to release a AA game. I like them but man, they really need better talent over there.

Obsidian should maybe stick in writing and designing a game, and let other people develop it. It's what I thought when playing AP.

TURN UP THE RADIO

Obsidian does fine, or at least they did. They just have a long history of being underfunded and overworked on a short budget. Kotor 2 was made in what, 9 months? And they tried to release a patch, even in the early days of xbox live, but they got denied.

Taiwan has the best characters, Heck is a pretty cool guy, Omen Deng is a really cool guy, also we had a cameo from The master from Kung Fu/ Lo Pan/ the one old Chinese guy who's in everything.

This, the gameplay was complete trash and the super vague dialogue options ruined the otherwise best implementation of "your choices matter" I've seen so far in a video game completely (Suave comes to mind). But it's a really interesting concept that could have been massively improved upon.

Back then devs had to pay MS for patches.

When I see games like Dragon age, Witcher 3 and FF15 that are so embarrassingly broken and unfinished on launch I kinda long for those days.

On one hand Alpha protocol is over the top and silly, but at the same time the background story is serious and well researched.

In hindsight, does anyone else think Sis looks like a bro?

MS asking for shekels didn't magically force devs to fix games out of the box, user. It did jackshit aside from Microsoft jewing everyone.

I bought this shit when it fucking came out for 60$ on the 360 and ended up returning it the same day. Fuck off

Heck Bromance is the canon ending.
Fuck all the girls, kill everyone, get all the black budget, get all the super safehouses and go on being broperators defending the United State FREEDOM everywhere you want, anyway you want.

That's why it's called ALPHA protocol.

This is the worst game I can imagine for going in blind. You should know that it's a shitshow with a fantastic silver lining before you play, otherwise you're just going to be disappointed.

I learned that lesson years ago.

The biggest problem for me with the game is the ambiguous dialogue choices with very short amount of time to choose. Still love the fuck out of it.

It was perfect for the game and wasn't all that ambiguous at all. I doubt anyone can transplant that system to another game that isn't basically the same though.

laugh at these chumps

Yes lets pirate games and then cry about how shit everything is!

Me buying Battlefront 2 didn't stop EA from making "Battlefront".

Low quality Bait

Fuck off commie

What? Choosing what games to pay for and which not to pay for as a way to dictate what games are made and what trends continue is the epitome of the free market and capitalism.

That comic's pretty autistic

The artist is the autistic girl. What did you expect?

Check the installer settings, dummy. You can change languages and what optional stuff is installed from there. Despite the info text on the bottom, you can do full English language install.

feels bad man

wew

I felt pretty good about it when I did it.

They've been saying that for years. I think Sega owns the rights to Alpha Protocol, though, and they wouldn't be keen on a sequel. Even if they were, Obsidian is a shell of its former self. I doubt they could make a 3D AAA game these days.

Modern Obsidian is no good though. It would just be a disgrace to the franchise name.

Ap wasn't AAA though.

Whatever. 3D game with a retail release. I doubt they have the manpower to do that anymore.

Obsidian is fucking huge now, man. They have a hundred or more employees and they're working on 4 games at a time. Pillars of Eternity really saved their asses.

Really? I had no idea. The last time I looked into how they were doing, they had almost no personnel, and the only news I heard after that was about Chris Avellone leaving. PoE must have made a lot of money for them.

Of course, they could hardly make 'em back then anyways. Everyone seems to forget how they're games are always so buggy and broken; not to mention that all of their games have the running theme of having loads of cut content.

PoE brought more than profits, I think it brought back publisher/investor confidence in them. That said, owning an IP is a game changer for devs and the reason why publishers don't allow it as it keeps devs afloat if they play their cards right.

Well Obsidian have had unfortunate circumstances that worked against them but cut content is always a given in every video game. I've noticed though that they've become very good at managing their resources and knowing when to scale down recently.

Could you explain? I haven't been keeping up with that shitshow of a company.

Their games since New Vegas hasn't been plagued by the usual glaring cut content but then I'd argue that that hasn't really been the case since KoTOR 2 and that was only because someone in LucasArts got fired. What they've always had trouble with is QA but that's a problem every software dev finds themselves in with uncaring publishers.

Yea shame all the talent went with it when they became more competent. I still don't understand how PoE was so popular too, so many things about it were repulsive from playerside; namely the fucking UI, the suddenly shit storytelling, and the characters repeating the five lines they have whenever you click on them. Obsidian isn't nu-bioware, but I think it's quite clear that they probably couldn't make kotor 2 or new Vegas again even if they wanted to.

Yes they are.

also
what are the chances?

The scope of the game got switched midway. The game only had choice and consequences + action so it was like a Telltale game done right but with Siphon Filter action gameplay. SEGA wanted the game to have stats so they shoehorned that in.

And it was always unfair to blame Bethesda with NV's QA. Every publisher has a set QA time but mismanagement often extends dev time and eats away at QA. Obsidian was always to blame, they simply don't have the manpower for big games. Probably why they're sticking to what they're good at now.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:AB3591A4A440E54EB286693B4250BD30478DFED6

any grill can be mute user..

What's that, making shit games?

Traditional rpgs.

I legit searched for a loss reference.