SS13 - Space Station 13 - WGW edition

Its an autistic shift-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://165.227.105.190:1488
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
8chanserverhost is the current host and head admin for Honkstation.
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
If you know anything in regards of the game, and you'd like to help us, we need to update the information on the wiki, and it would be fantastic if you could contribute. Thank you.
Our last thread died because the coder who posted the last thread shitposted a little too hard on Holla Forums. Thanks coder.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByXInH7uxsU5Nkl3NWtUQWI3cDQ/view?usp=sharing
tgstation13.org/wiki/Paper_BBCode
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/Guide_To_Xenoarchaeology
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Xenoarchaeology_guide
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Our last two threads*

Reminder MoMMI's are NOT for lewd, respect muh rule 1

No, it was actually because I hit [D+] instead of [D] when deleting his Morgana thread. How that happened is that I was taking a shit and I saw his shitty thread and just wanted to delete it, so while I was on the mobile site it asked me to delete his thread, but when scrolling up I accidentally hit [D+]. So yeah, my apologies.

sorry coder

I'm onto you

Don't worry hotpocket, its a-okay.
I'm not the coder.

I have no interest in the old dramas, I'm even willing to make up. Regardless sorry to coder for deleting all of his posts because I was too pushy to delete his thread since I was wiping.

I knew that you knew that I knew, our d4 chess just got another dimension! let the games continue *unzips katana*

But what if events didn't actually say what kind of event it was? What if it was just like "Hey, something bad is happening, maybe? Figure it out?" It wouldn't be very hard to implement.

Actually what I was thinking was having the current detailed information if the comms relay is active, and just getting a generic global message if not.

I made the event a little more aggressive in any case. Previously, it would pick 1 of 19 various chemicals to create a cloud of. Now, it will use a scrubber's internal reagent storage if possible, meaning you can fill it with something (note: this part isn't actually implemented yet, but if it gets admin added it will). Otherwise, it will behave as it did before, except the event happens a little more quickly.

I also added blob sorium and neurotoxin to the list of chemicals to make things interesting (it had polyacid and some other stuff in there, already)

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Okay what is that

It's one of the six or seven reagents that a blob can inject on attack. This one just makes the mob fly back, as opposed to melting their skin instantly. I tried it out and at worst, it makes you slightly disoriented for a few ticks and maybe throws you two tiles into a wall and does like 8 brute damage.

Well that's totally not a piping disaster. It's ok if virology doesn't have an airlock, right? It's absolutely fine if the general airflow of medbay pushes you up the hall, totally not annoying or inefficient in any way.

Anything else you anons want to see in medbay?

My suggestions from the baleeted thread:

I actuallu dont pls esplain. nobully

Even better, I'll recycle the crashed ship a second time and have it be a crashed syndicate pod, less welded this time.
I feel like round start needs to only have a singular pair of meson goggles in the CE locker. Have fun going to old engineering/lining up outside the science department.
As long as a camera is in range of a working APC, the camera works. I'll just fail to include an abundance of cameras.
I still don't know particularly how APC's work. Do they have a range in blocks or do they scan all the floor tiles in the room and power the things inside? Both seem likely, given how a LOT of wall electronics are actually placed (on the floor tile next to the wall you want it on.)

There was a round where a huge ass white blob hulk roamed the station, and some guy with harpoons chased it as it wrecked shit. It really fucked shit up. Took an exceptional amount of time and lasers to kill it.

APCs control the power for the whole map area they're in

that's something which'll make tcomms more useful but as of current, it still needs to get reworked entirely so that a form of scripting can happen with it

YES, I never knew why it'd just spawn random shit for no decent reason now what if chemicals could travel down the pipes

as a general thing, some walls should just be girders or even just grille

I like this idea

still though someone should sprite up an actual white whale of sorts which travels space and only attacks those that attacks it

Because they only contain gas and not chemicals, that are 2 different things in SS13?
If it was restricted to what it has inside of it, most of the time it'd be spewing N2 or O2, which it already does anyway.

I honestly don't know what's the point in that change, it would require someone else to fill scrubbers with chemicals specifically for this purpose, waiting for RNG to do it's thing.

well you could also have it suck up every kinda reagent around it and maybe even have that "persistent over rounds shit" that nu/tg/ cancer has

I think piping would have to have some kinda blockage detection and clearing system which could work on various creatures vent crawling as well for certain areas

That'd still require reagents to be spilled around it, something that doesn't actually happen. Unless we are talking about chem clouds and you do NOT want that if they are still broken.

Unless the doc does that for several vents, it's not gonna work like that. And considering pools or patches are free healing that can be easily distributed, it's not worth anyone's time.
Unless you only need to put chems in a single scrubber to affect all of them, which makes griefing too easy but still reliant on RNG for the event to roll up…

it can happen though and if it's made a thing, it may happen more often.

smoke needs to be completely changed I agree with you there

tfw we'll never get our pool back

The blobbernaut was named Moby Dick and it should have been a giant space carp recolored white.

The pool's closed because of AIDS

Mapanon here college campus edition

Neat, thanks. I'm guessing redundancy via multiple APC's in an area will keep the power on longer and split the load.
If/when I inevitably do some codefagging, I had planned to allow beakers to be used in microwaves, and also add an "evaporation" temperature to some/most chemicals whereby it creates a smoke grenade effect with whatever chemical was in it. Calomel and Krokodil making will never be the same, especially when you have to use something as imprecise as a welding tool or a microwave.

You're in charge of keeping the list of suggestions. inb4 feature creep abuse
Add:

ex admin who spawned it for that guy here, I wasn't sure how to recolour and actually resize things at that time

ur an aid(s)

smoke is fucked do not actually do

also doubling up bits of the outer walls could be neat, as well as removing lights and instead just having glowing fungus on the walls

Areas cannot have multiple APCs. Infact, it's required that each invidivual area only has one APC so the game logic doesn't end up crashing at roundstart.

Consider adding regular black metal walls along with the rusted ones for the extra-hapzardly built kind of deal, like if the station was constantly been attempted to be repaired but they couldn't afford to do all of it at once and thus areas ended up rusting to fuck. Consider also unplated floor tiles, wrong tiles in important areas, cables with power running through being a common thing to find on the halls, wood tiles, wood walls, non-reinforced windows leading to space, etc.

codemonkey go eat a bag of dicks

List reminder for JunkStation:
I think that about does it for ideas. I'll post more if I get them.

Yes.
I tried that for a second and above and beyond Junkstation being supposed to look shitty, it looked like shit. Could make some partially rusted tiles so it actually blends, but the idea is that you and your crew on the ship is for the first time in ever, deboning the station and adding new metal.

Absolutely perfect.

I'd prefer minning be literally just a ladder onto a asteroid which is already depleted

stupid tbh

all seed venders have it

I'll try, it will be in ten hours when I can sit down to compile this heap of suggestions.

Nice trips.
If I see something that I'm not going to put in I guess I'll tell you to leave it out or just won't put it in… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That mice and cheese is hilarious. I might, if possible, have some kind of lit candle in there or some other thing that has a chance to set all that delicious plasma on fire.

Plus as it is, civilian sector (where cargo is) is on about the opposite side of the station from science.
Lower maintenance is going to essentially be a maze, so yeah.

Thanks user. I'll keep trying to build the map in my free time but summer is over hahhhhhhhh..

what I'd like to see is modular masks

I want a premium cigar with a plastic tube on the lit end so you can continue smoking while you EVA.

Correct. Every entity in the game has a "reagent" container associated with it, so anything can be made to hold chemicals. Gases are modeled separately. It wouldn't be too hard to say, do a reagent check when pipes pull things around. The problem is that reagents don't disseminate like gases do, they're basically inert and don't flow. You'd basically have to re-create the atmos system, except instead of gases… chemicals!

I was dicking around in the code looking for something else and thought it'd be a nice quick fix to enable shit down the road later, even if we can't utilize it quite yet.

I know someone wanted to see water pipe and fluids added. That might be cool, but it'd be a lot of work. Maybe instead of water, it'd just be a basic reagent pipe system that happened to carry water and stuff. I don't know.

Instead of reworking the atmos system to support that (and relying on a random event), what if I just made portable air scrubbers take a beaker and emit contents as a smoke cloud when you turn it on?

On top of the human pod seeds being in abundance, how about almost every light bulb is smashed for extra bone?

If by abundance you mean strewn about where they shouldn't be but also in relative good supply, then yes. Also some lights will be missing and in those places it'll be dark or have an alternative light source, like glowing moss if it exists.

This thing is going to hurt to play in on every level. Comfy rounds will be a hard fought reward, if possible. I'd recommend disabling gametype roulette first half dozen or so rounds in this bullshit so the basics can be learned, potential 'fixes' can be tried.
A heaping pile of shit that has the potential to be polished into a chocolate diamond.

How do we make life difficult for the spiderbutts?

Considering that /d/ is attempting to make an onahole using ferrofluid, magnets, and robotics, this is pretty normal, no?

I have a solution! The QM gets a flamethrower, along with HoS getting a personal gas chamber.

the QT mechanical kind, not ling

How many people are playing on average by the way?

Give every cargo technician a stunprod to combat the MOMMI menace.

There isnt glowing moss afaik, just glowing mushrooms.

Also, why not add the 4th dimension to Science a la teleporters? It's just adding a W to the X,Y,Z format.
(A notable example would be Miegakure.)

You don't need indicator lights as dirt botany even without an analizer, because just touching the plants with an empty hand tells you the water and nutrient contents, plus it also gives you a tell if there's weeds or pests inside albeit, only when it starts affecting the plant, eg when it reaches level 5-6. You just have to be way more active with your gardening instead of relying on visual backup to handle the growns.
Besides, analizers are cheap as shit, found everywhere and have no uses outside of potency and yield manipulation, just order hydroponics supplies if you miss them so much.

Then shrooms I'll try. I might have empty but complete fixtures if available so it'll be dark but if you care enough to want the light you can just get a box of bulbs and shove them in.

Taking suggestions for what tortures I should add to:
-RD
-Old Engineering (Probably set. Mobs, vines, forcing engineering to choose between EZ gravity or singulo + Gravity, hull breaches.)
-Atmos (I mean having to lug containers all the time is already fairly bad.)
-security
-Robotics
-t e l e s c i e n c e (Maybe something about fly people)
-Cargo
-Cwlon
-Librarian
-Chaplain???
-Command

We're good on:
-AI
-Medbay
-Kitchen
-Botany (Probably)
-Xenobio
-Janitor
-Etc etc
try to stick to stuff that doesn't need custom assets/coding, and keep in the scope that I've described: Serviceable, can be comfy, pain in the ass if you want to upgrade or powergame.

ech.

Well then, come up with some fun hardballs to throw at them. I am absolutely not giving them a mutagen dispenser, and I might not even give them a sink, so if they're using the backpack unit they'll have to walk a aways or use watertanks.

-RD

Since he gets a turleneck, give him an actual weapon that isn't just the Russian Revolver for him to kill himself with. Consider also spawning firing pins inside his office or inside the locker so he can arm science to be able to use their damn stunrevolvers and mug people. Lamarr's case should start broken at roundstart and he should be scuttling around just close enough that the RD can get harmlessly facehugged by him at the start. Make sure some of the consoles he's supposed to start with AI restoration, Cyborg Control, Robotics Control starts up broken and do NOT spawn any glass in science. Electrified grilles. Half of toxins should share their piping with his office.
n/a, already good ideas all around.
NO GAS MINERS also consider adding extra gas canisters at random in the asteroid so they also have to scrourge around if the station suddently leaks air.
Dunno what you want to do with them, will leave for now until you give an idea what they would be like.
Lack of metal just two stacks of 50 metal is more than enough to make them suffer. N O G L A S S. Single fabricator. They have to build their own circuit imprinter but the board they already own. Inversely, they must build their own cyborg recharge stations but they have the parts 2 capacitors, 1 powercell, 1 matterbin, 1 micro-manip, console screen? yet not the actual board on the frame. G U E T T O S U R G E R Y it was already suggested, fuck. No empty medkits or toolboxes so they have to rely on other departments for building bots. Specially no buckets anywhere near them.
No idea. Make it inside of THE THUNDERDOME?
No idea what you want to do with them other than to make them close to science because of mining. Consider giving the QM a weapon, too.

Okay, so allowing 100u of Chlorine Trifluoride into an air pump is a bad idea. Let me adjust that a bit.

A limited supply of water is already a pretty good idea as long as the closest sink is a few departments away. Remove their seed extractor machine, they don't need it, but be sure to actually spawn their lockers so they get the portable seed extractors. No biogenerator could be possible but then you have no nutrient bottles and chemistry ain't gonna make robust harvest for you in the next seven hells. Metastation has Three (3)! vendors for hydroponics stewn around the station. Consider removing the vendors altogether and just add a table with a bunch of autistically placed seeds for wheat, tomatoes, soybeans, etc. If they DO get their biogenerator, they must NOT spawn with botanical gloves.

Just started this game last night and played some random server for first time

What's worse is when you're the only one that tries to do something about a bad situation, nobody helps, and you get robusted and lose the round

You know, ss13 is better played as an experience simulator, much like how you create and share stories from D&D campaigns. "Losing" can also be fun in its own way.

Cargo will be nowhere near science but I can be nice and actually give them 'one direct delivery chute from mining to RD, though what I was thinking of doing is having mule delivery be a prominent thing where it just isn't in metastation.

possibly an underabundance of lighting, and maybe plenty of slippery things.

What about my new and improved list?

I want to cap a certain reagent

But black powder is delicious and you should make sure to personally consume 1000u of it every round. This goes double if you are a plantman, as now nobody except antags will dare set you on fire.

I don't want to nerf it completely, since I think stuffing a body with it is hilarious (and a clever use of the fact that the body is essentially a 1000u container, which stops metabolizing after death)

I want it to maybe space 1-2 tiles, and have a radius of 5-7 tiles at 100u, and then fall off sharply after that, so you can achieve maybe 10-15 spaced tiles at best, which is still a fucking lot

Okay, so what's left?

I'd like to see a living stone chapel. At the end is space piano in place of an organ.
Stone statues of spess saints.
Maybe code some actual damn pews and pulpit. Pulpit would be easy, it's just a non-moving segway. Unless robotics upgrades it to pope-mobile, making it bulletresistant.

So no server up for us right now?

The server is up. We finally fixed the database so hopefully there shoudn't be any crashes.

Okay, I did some !!math!! and figured some shit out for explosions. Basically they have one input value—explosion power—and then it calculates the devastation/heavy/light damage the same way for all bombs. For all bombs, devastation (spaced tiles) is equal to (power/12). Black Powder is calculated as (power=units/6), so a 1000u body full of the shit will have 166 power, or 13.88 tiles blown away.

This change will ONLY affect Black Powder-based explosions and ONLY very large containers which hold 100-1000u (basically only bodies or bluespace beakers(?))

This works by setting aside the first 100u of the BP to behave normally. The rest of the powder is scaled down, based on the size of the container. If the container is 100% full, it will end up being scaled down to about 60%, with the 100u added back in after scaling. For a body, this now results in 1000u->700u, which is a bomb range of 9.72 tiles, about 3/4 as big as before. The scaling has diminishing returns, so adding powder is more effective in the 100-200u range, but still remains effective up to about 500u; after that, the rate of return slows down, until you reach the maximum.

Some shit with the database, they're going to consult Zaers for advice because Linux, or something

cryo can even heal wounds of the heart

Any chance they could be un-deleted? Or if this is a totally different memory than the other, could they be ported?

Its a different database but we're going to port the books over after the shift.

What.

also delete this, what good is no bombcap if we cant memebomb with blackpowder, which only clears a little over a screen in the first place?

Don't turn this into nu-tg/koriath please

Seriously don't do this I still havent figured out OXIDIZER_NITROUS_OXIDE and how to use it in tank transfer valves to bring back an era of CUBAN HELL.

Server ded?

dunno, was looking forward to one more round tho

Makes sense to me

Even without the bombcap, bombs really do need to have sane values; there is practically nothing that can survive a 9x9 bomb, or if it somehow does, will be incredibly gimped. You can still fuck around with beaker and grenade bombs with no issue.

just replacing the database. Should only be a few minutes

cool. time for a smoke.

I had fun that round
>decide to play tabletop and neglect my duty, like always.

Fuckin weaboo nerd
Sad it got cut short, was about to sing "He is the one named Nigga Moon" to the theme I was playing

New shift niggers

Yeah because I fucking love fixing this shit. Anyways, your books as of some point after Chaos left should be back. At this point in time there should be no more problems unless mysql decides to kill itself.

before. A book or four I uploaded need to be redone.
Got to get lucky and get the right away mission again.

Well blame 8chserverhost, he's the one that made the backup.

Coffee was spiders.
Books were spiders.
Pete the goat was spiders.
Too many spiders.
Spider station.

(checked)
>be me :^)))))))
>somehow we ended up talking about his marriage and convincing me that not all (((womyn))) are bad
You're a cool guy. except the muh POWAGAYMAN part :^) why did i sprite for free

Reds are just comments.

Had an idea that meshes with my not code/texturefagging just yet. Make a shitty chapel with stools for seats, and an elevator which goes down to said stone sanctuary, with all the stone and such, for el true believers.
That's some comfy though, so aside from the priest never getting access anyway, gonna want some kind of handicap/torture maybe. This does seem difficult though without having a guaranteed cult presence on junkstation.
I have no problem adding additional asteroids to the Z level, especially since I can fill them full of goodies. (Read: things to kill you all.)

Oh, loads o' basilisks, over the bodies of loads o' faithless. Theres a story and a hurdle.

I meant, what's left in the map that we need ideas for?

everyplace not mapped out yet

What's already mapped out then?

going off what's been posted in the thread med and the kitchen as well as arrivals with some stuff connected

Which code is the server based on?

our shitty one github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station

Command, medbay, Kitchen, Arrivals, and Departures. The general locations for the other departments have been planned but not actually mapped out.

Arrivals is literally just a short tube that connects to command. That's how awful it is. Command is going to suffer from darkness and lots of banana peels hidden in the trash. Most of the working station should be airtight, with the obvious exception being old engineering, and probably some random holes in lower maintenance.

I'm still enjoying the irony of having a cigarette machine inside medbay. I was thinking of taking it out to make it harder for chemistry, but it's still too funny.

Keep that for sure, I get a hardy chuckle out of it and can only imagine the sort of hard edge kickass doctors people will try and inevitably fail to RP as

I have a idea.
Make engineering have like twenty parrots. It'll be great, I swear.

New round starting now

I hate how most users of the server seem to be amerifats. Usually when shit starts going and it's getting busy I have to go get some sleep.

more robust genetics to recreate horrible abominations when?

pic unrelated.

Literally the best clown ever. Slipped so hard you left a singularity in your wake.

An excellent greentext, made me laugh.
t. the chemist.
RIP in slip clown, you were the slipperiest of them all.

Meme'd

Bleb here. Was spectating the whole round and suddently got blobbed, i got legitimately scared because i had no fallback point nor enough resources to change position of my core, plus you and a few other fags rushed me early on so i had to waste resources on strong walls. I was so crippled i'd think you guys would just steamroll over me, but to end it with THAT. Now that's a proper way to end a round.

tl;dr

Clown slipped himself and the entire station in one go

I'm so glad I didn't read that.

Wow, thanks for letting us know you didn't read it, would hate to have heard you read something on an image board, you poor little thing

read this

Oh god I had no idea the right two were unwelded until reading this. I sat down in a chair, said hello to the slimes one last time and armed the third one in my lap.

Extremely relaxed round
Extremely fucked escape

Here's the story whomever are wondering.

Wait, what?

Here's a proposed balance change for viro:
+remove RNG
-All positive effects consume extra nutriment and stop working at minimum hunger (or maybe even higher). Not a problem if you have meatbread or an implant, though maybe a triple strain would require both to keep running. Makes sense given that there's another thing living inside of you and off of the nutriment in your blood. As for removing RNG, I would say that certain combinations symptoms and particular combinations of symptoms, when given the right ingredient, produce X result. Could even leave a little RNG in and just say that a combination gives 1 of 2 or 3 possible symptoms instead of 5, 6, or 8.
I just personally think Viro is an RNG crapshoot and very boring and annoying (message feed), though it is finally powerful once you waste enough of your time.

I suppose for a bit of a mupdate: Medbay is almost done. Not much to show that I haven't shown already other than items on tables.

adding RNG is the way retards who don't know how to balance properly, balanced the "harder" departments. it comes under the "muh combat" /tg/ refined into the shit fest it is tonight which infested every other server under the sun but also no one really knows how to change the RNG method into something actually decent without it just "adding more steps", it's honestly like atmos is the only complete department and every other department is just kinda tacted on and left forgotten other then the odd neat thing added to it.

Well, thats kinda how the base o fall of the coding for the base ss13 worked. It had (and still has) a very fleshed out and robust atmospheric and gas system, which is very sophisticated, to say the least. However, everything else wasnt exactly fleshed out, so that's how we have this problem today.

I would say Chemistry is complete, because there's no RNG, and there's a lot of chemical combinations, some of which react immediately if you don't watch it. (Like smoke or foam) There's also mixtures which must be heated etc. etc.
I think the only thing chemistry really needs is an evaporation temperature for some/most chemicals, so that the beaker just empties. In some special cases like pyrotechnics, it would set alight or explode. In those code cases, you would just set the evap temperature to 100k K if you did the sensible thing and added evaporation to the parent of the chemicals.

Also, MEDBAY IS
DONE
D O N E
D O N E
D O N E
Here's some pictures if they aren't too small.

You forgot the Annie dakimakara

Wonderful.

it stinks of a lack of giving a shit, the rpers only care about having stuff to rp with and the combatfags care only about the stale meta that is combat with few people autistic enough to really learn the magic that is atmso.

chemistry isn't complete, it's passable because it comes off as what it's intented but it isn't on the same level as atmso is even though it's a principle of life and should be on par if not greater then the systems which atmso is.

Is there a way a person with no technical skill can help you in any way?

idea fag
sprite
help get other people playing
posting green text stories in the thread
help find people who know how to code and such

there's lots of really helpful shit anyone can do, it's all a matter of caring to do something.

Pretty much this is my project, I have listanon I think who is keeping a list of ideas, and when I stop being lazy about it I'll actually get git and fork the repo so I can add custom stuff.
Read the the posts in the thread and give me some fun ideafags if you got em, the idea is that the station is functional but is a pile of metal and shit; you should be able to have a comfy shift if you don't care about improving anything but if you actually want things to be on par with metastation then there's lots of work and hazards.
For example, engineering starts with a makeshift office in the maintenance tunnels because their old department is a mob infested, hull breached mess with some space vines.
Medbay is as it is, a nightmare.
Command will have very little lighting and a lot of banana peels hidden underneath the trash on the floors.
Security is going to have a vast underabundance of projectile weapons, and a vast overabundance of stun batons.
Both command and security might have some problems with weak windows…

I'm not really sure, all the anons that came before have done a fantastic job creating this repo, so I already have tons of material to work with.
This user sums it up pretty good.

Chemistry is supposed to be incomplete. I even started it out with a full set of machines but an user proposed it being the mess it is now, and it was funny enough to me to go in.
I also have no clue what you mean by atmso.

you confuse what I was talking about, I was speaking more on the code base, not anything to do with your map as such

Idea:

what's helpful is actually writting your ideas down someplace and expending them also

I'm a sprite fag, what can I do to sprite?

Sprite dakimakura in-player-hand and carrying-in-backpack-slot sprites. Currently, only the default sprite for the non-waifu selected daki is avaible.

first, learn the basics of spriting for the codebase
secound, download the code and take a good look at the icon folder more so it's contents
thirdly, make afew guides via cutting the human sprites into more easily used references

then just go to town spriting turf, clothing, various shit the coders and mappers want. I'd say if you have discord have 8chanserverhost add you so that you can talk with the coders closer tbh

Yeah not going to lie this is probably going to be the hardest.
I'll only do this if I actually prove I can sprite, seems a little fast to just say "HEY LET ME WORK FOR YOU FOR FREE WITH NO VISIBLE EXPERIENCE."

Alright. Where is the daki located? Just spoon feed me this so I can just make them.

it's actually really simple, hence why there's a lack of importance on spriters even though they're great for making a codebase more so our own as it were. change the look change the feel of the server.

that's the right attitude, literrally just sprite up random shit and post it in the thread, it's what I did although I'm trash tbh.

you'd want to upload any sprites to the github so long as you've done enough to complete a object

github.com/RoleplayRascal/-8ch-station

Snibbedy snab, ignore the different post ID, is mapanon.

For Junkstation I could use are sepia version of the department border color tiles, like how a room's floor will have a colored border. All the current ones are in the metastation white.
If you want to that as a proofs for the main codebase crew, at least I get something out of it.

Ah, though tbh it seems a lot more complete than the other departments in medbay.

?

that's only because it's the recipe system which is just "add X to Y to make z and maybe heat it up" there's little in the way of any actual chemical properties outside of afew things which are neat sure but aren't the technical simulation the game is based on

I have a problem with downloading the sourcecode. I click on the "Clone or download v" Button on that page but the button literally does nothing and doesn't let me download anything. Can you upload a mirror of it so i can scrounge through stuff?

I don't know exactly, but it should be somewhere close to -8ch-station/icons/mob/inhands/. But i can't check it myself because github doesn't even let me download the source.

every tile in the game is 32x32, byond can handle larger sprites and you can have a object with a larger sprite layered on it but everything is still made to fit 32x32 since human sprites are that size

I just exported the tile and changed the color, I assumed you could just import it back in.

Just in case you misunderstood what I meant. I can sprite, it's just I don't know how to sprite for byond yet.

I made yuugi, she's a 2hu. What else can I sprite in like five minutes?

drive.google.com/file/d/0ByXInH7uxsU5Nkl3NWtUQWI3cDQ/view?usp=sharing

see if this works

byond converts .png or .gif into dmi and the method is abit iffy but it's simple enough

did you also sprite up left,right,back facing sprites for it too? as well as in hand sprites for the clothes and the object sprite too?

this is every sprite I had to do for the BDSM shit I did and that's not even the maximum number of sprites I could have done as there's alternative options for alot of clothing and not to mention head, hands and feet are separate entirely.

also unless you have a coder making your sprites into actual things, it's likely never going to get put in

Nope, I figured you meant just "Show us what you can do." When you said, sprite anything.
Exactly why I'm asking what I should sprite, I don't feel like putting a lot effort into something only for it not to be used. That's just my work philosophy.

Thanks pal.

If you made that in 5 minutes, you can do a whole ton of shit really quickly that'll help a ton for the server if it's that easy. Though, it first has to be coded.

The floor tiles are a 32x32 square with 4 tile bits, and I need a full tileset with 2 squares colors 2 squares sepia, as well as corner tiles with only 1 color tile.
a total of 8 sprites for each color, but it seems like they'd be a simple thing to sprite.
At some point I can add code references for them to the turf file.
If you pull them into the github, I'll have them in turf.dmi when I fork.

well I'm just letting you know the kinda work is involved in each thing

I agree with that but we don't have alot of coders to really do alot quickly, hence why I suggested you get in contact with 8chanserverhost

the NTR (nano trasen rep) needs a new suit and such since it's just the centcom official outfit and everything else is just renamed from lawyer. alot of departments need more department specific bags and clothings. there's a huge lack of turf tiles and walls variants which need adding as well as better looking water turf. the mimes mech needs it's construction sprites as well as some specific weapons for it as well as a bananium equal ore to refine for it to be made. more wild life mobs. there's alot of shit which don't have in hand sprites that I can't even name because I don't quite remember them all other then daki with waifus on them.

just jump in and find something if you've been playing on our codebase you should get some idea of what's overlooked or do what I did and just sprite up interesting ideas people have in the thread or else where in the hopes someone will take notice and code it proper spiderclan wasn't my idea tbh

they should only be put on PR if they're actually finished and in the game, if they're just the sprites put it up on the issues

As a rule of thumb pipes should as often as possible pass through airlocks or maintenance rather than through walls, to make repairs not require an RPD. But also it makes it more viable for antags to sabotage things and easier to spot damage. In most cases this isn't that much of a problem since RPD's can be used to place pipes directly inside walls, but in some cases like the morgue at the lower part of the station you have one spot of pipe that is locked into 3 sections of wall and blocked by a body locker on the 4th side. Which means repairing that one pipe or sabotaging it, would require players to remove walls in front of it which isn't great even if inefficiency is the goal since it strays into the territory of things being tedious.

The same applies to wires. Otherwise it's not bad, not optimal at all, but I like it that way.

I don't see how these are mutually exclusive.

oh I do know that alot of the game modes need changing but currently 8chanserverhost wants to change shadowlings as well as their sprites and also honk wants to add more job specific antag items

That was a fun round
Fun fact, you can put in code into your writing.
tgstation13.org/wiki/Paper_BBCode

Also last post of mine on spriting, I don't want to derail the thread.

I figured I did that, I'm not exactly clear of what you want. Also I don't have github account, and though I can make one, I have no idea how to "pull" something to github.

Honestly the only thing keeping me from helping is that there isn't a list of things to be done, and that I have no idea what to do when I finish something.

2 cute 6 puppy

with just sprites you don't need to pull it, just make an issue and put them in that

there are lots of lists to be done but those lists aren't things you're going to see till you get in contact with 8chanserverhost

I wonder. Is anyone gonna port the Star Wars anti-traitor baton from old Hatestation to the new codebase? It's one of the only good things given to security to counter the terrible issue of doubleswords without having to resort to trown batons.

Compiled everything in this thread as you asked junkmap user.

New Titles as of the last few days:

It needs to be merged and compiled and tested, but I think I dun did it

thanks for fixing it, maybe atmos is also like it

That's what I'm messing around with now. Air is a little bit different, calling three procs to initialize things: setup_allturfs(), setup_atmos_machinery(), and then setup_pipenets(). The turfs are actually independent and just have their gases initialized and be done concurrently, since the other two parts don't directly require their values (but will interact with them eventually).

And assuming things are stable and keep working

Looks pretty good

zears eat your heart out assumingly tbh

Zaers seems good with configuration and bugfixes, which is fine. I'm not a featurefag, either. I'm very comfortable doing useless optimizations nobody else will see.

Here's a random ideafag I had

Might have some fun TECHNOLOGY for roundstart, too.

Previously, every tile had a 66% chance of being marked as dirty, then depending on area, it would roll as clean/light/heavy dirt (eg, viro is never dirty)

Instead, I'm making the base chance swing between 40-80% based on the server start time, and adding some extra vars to areas, so that it can look them up, so eg, we can make a particular area dirtier or cleaner if we wanted to

There's a bug that turns any power cell inside a exosuit faulty when you enter the exosuit, pls fix.

It also kills a huge portion of the charge inside the cell.

wut

Call me curious, but is Metastation our own custom map or does that come from /tg/?
I know there's a tgstation.dmm in there but it isn't compatible with our current code (can't even open it) so I'm inclined to believe it's either our custom map or just a heavily modified tgstation.

Did some research, junk is derived from French jonc, which in turn comes from Latin iuncus. The rope of a ship(+ all the English junk definitions), and before that the weedy plant called rush.

If you wanted to give a joke fancy name for the station, IUNCUS would be perfect. A roped together mess of junk growing out of an asteroid like a weed.

Derived, then adapted as far as I know. I doubt any extent stations are compatible between servers these days, no matter the superficial resemblance.

check the powercell's reliability, dumbfuck. You probably tried to place a super or bluespace cell into a mech and it got rejected because it isn't 100% reliable.

O-Oh… How do i make it 100% reliable?

keep deconstructing more of the same design with an upgraded Destructive Analizer to gain more reliability.
Funfact, the A. Energy Gun that is basically a nerfed captain's laser that irradiates you also works on the same principle, it'll only irradiate and malfunction if it has a lower reliability than 100%. In its special case, you can force an overload on it by using it at the test range until the core breaks and starts flashing rainbows so that when you decon it, the system automatically registers what was made wrong with the mini-nuclear reactor if you overload it and thus every single other design from it will always be 100% reliable, which is a lot cheaper on resources than to decon a thousand A.Eguns just to get 100% reliable.

It occurs to me that 90% of the science "prototypes" should work like that: make unreliable piece of shit, test it extensively till it breaks and then decon it.
Then hand the defective piece to the clown.

When you decon an object, it deletes the item and gives you the research levels where appropiate, its a DESTRUCTIVE analizer for a reason.

Oh shit thanks, never knew about this before.

Would be funny if it were in brochures for tourists/prospective hires (with really outdated pictures) or the NT rep so people don't realize how shitty it is until they get there.

I've actually put another asteroid under the civilian sector, because I think I want to make the whole Z level like an asteroid field, so there'd definitely be more to do than just an empty Z level. Could have an entire asteroid just filled with carp spawns.

If it isn't to taste, I can always just remove the turf and make it only 1 asteroid, though to my knowledge I have not seen an asteroid field map.

Please forgive that reddit spacing, my apologies. I did not think it would come out like that. polite sage for double bost.

tbh

finger print scanner should be mandatory for every high security area every head office, armory and vault tbh

[muffled fungus based antag when tbh?]

it isn't a bug, it's a gay feature which makes little sense that supposed to balance mechs and prevent you from just switching cells, we either need a special cell for mechs or rework power consumption tbh

our code base is old /tg/ before /tg/ went to shit, so no the map is/isn't ours but ours right now is modified tbh

see that'd be slightly better then the current system we got tbh

carp spawns are shit tbh

new shift

I was told to post some sprites I've made.
These were for a mod I was making for Wesnoth.

they look nice

Opinions? Starting to at least map out most of the station. I ended up doing medbay to completetion before doing this. Civilian sector should have cargo, bar, kitchen, dorms, tool storage, club, theatre, rec (if I include one), and maybe the NT rep's office. Pic related will have more offshoot for some related room hubs.

How do you display the area overlay in the map editor, anyways?

Also, do we have merged wall tile sprites for the rusty walls?

Other instruments too.
Maybe one of the trees is the malicious kind.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

Fucking Australia

the trees and the bushes are for snow levels tbh, replace for something else

Well, object initialization seems a little faster now too. The big spike here was from making the station dirty. Dropped from 5.0s to about 2.9s, which brings the overall system startup code to about 40-50% faster than it was previously. A little multithreading does wonders.

wew tbh

It's in the layers tab in the top left.

TMK there's no other tree assets, so it would just be bushes.

one of the many problems tbh

Whoever was the clown, please tell the story in depth.

I swear to god, playing as Clown instills you with some kind of meta-level shittery and awareness

There was some other shit that happened between my medbay and engineering encounter, so it's not like he teleported around or anything, he had time to get there and surprise me

Also some other fun things happened in the round, such as my breaking into EVA for a spacesuit, but seeing a pyro anomaly spawn in the room while I was stealing from it, and basically ruining it for everyone else

Beautiful.
If I were that chemist would would be getting funnnades instead. Chemistry is for grenades.

Do clientside settings get dumped every once in a while, or is that server side? Something get reset again?
Tried to join a game and got random job/character.

Anyways, IUNCUS shouldn't have a nuke. Just two safes with super matter shards and/or bags of holding.

I want to say they get erased every server compilation, but I could be wrong

every compile it goes away

been gone for 2 months, anything change?

chaosyourgod stepped down
we got better space travelling then ftl13
new server
lots of bug fixes and optimizations

how so?

the NT medical ship can now travel to 16 words depending on how lucky you get that is

are all 16 accessible from jumping into space or do you need the NT ship

You need the NT Ship, but it has a coordinate beacon which leads to new minimaps (about 64x64 in size)

well telesci also works but having the nt ship is best, since it goes to a new zlevel

Can any codefags spoonfeed tell me how the docking_port works and how to make shuttles? I want to make cargo elevators for a couple places in IUNCUS, notably in Cargo so that I can have the shuttle be on a lower Z level. Not to mention I'll need to make a regular supply shuttle, mining shuttle, departures, etc.

well when one man loves another man very much they put their pee pees together usually if one of them has foreskin one penis will go into the others

I really want to see this added. Could be a nice reason to go to the derelict, and a reason to add in a tesla engine.

You're not helping.

it isn't a very good sprite tbh like all of my shit tbh

The colors are just muted too much is all, but the overall shape is fine.

Tribbles when?

it'd be neat tbh

I'll probably get it one day when I stop being depressed tbh

I think you have a lot promise, I'm not the best but your work wasn't bad, it just used too many colors. Pixelart is better, in my opinion, when you use less colors, so that the shading is noticeable.

I don't know how to make things look like the thing I'm sourcing without just trying to totally copy it

That's pretty simple enough, though I don't think it matters if you cop.

Just reference it and think: "How can I rip this design off, but be safe from copyright?" That is to say, add something new or combine two things together.

Also does anyone have any past greentext caps of our adventures in ss13?

copy*

there's been afew but we don't get much of those any more it seems

I went on hippie station today. The scientist made everyone into brain damaged "aussie cant" with some kind of foam.
HOS wandered in and beat the shit out of me thinking I did it, and locked me up for that and a bunch of random crimes I didnt do. I reported him to badmin but it was marked an "IC issue"
I lit sciencefag on fire later with a beaker of Chlorine triF as he was stabbing me with a screwdriver.
Later I threw a CtF foam grenade named "fuck the hos" on the emergency shuttle. The badmin asks me why I did it, even though the scientist got away with his bullshit, and the HoS got away with his bullshit. I guess technically I got away with mine because I got bored, spaced myself through the hole i made in the shuttle, and then quit.

Why is every serb but ours filled to the brim with shitters?

it's because of nu/tg/, the game stopped being about rp and became some simple shit

also hippie brought youtube cancer

Bullshit, heavy roleplaying is garbage too, playing on paradise station I spent a whole day without NOTHING happen, every fucking round would be you doing mundane shit, security would kill antags with no issues or the antags would overthrow the station with no problem, there was never a struggle or something new happening, the shuttle would be called once any major station system is compromised and the snoozefest would happen again. That`s because those faggots would never attempt to do something interesting because they were too busy with standard procedure, the game is as good as the players playing, if a person doesn`t fuck around outside what they are normally allowed to do the game is crap.

paradise hasn't from what I've seen fucked with any other server, although boring rp could possibly be a reason as to why others don't do it on other servers

Well CM is so serious about it's RP to the point that it's absolutely no fun unless you're a xeno. If I'm role playing as an asshole that likes revolvers and goes to war without clothing, I should be able to do that without half the ship throwing a shitfit and brigging me.
This
As a chemist I have a habit of making fun grenades for the clown. Usually not lethal (read: usually space lube foam) unless I feel like making Chlorine Trichloride foam, but even then I leave out the pyrosium.

CM is all shitty admins, with a clear xeno biased it's bullshit

Adding onto this.
The most fun I've had was actively starting shit with the crew to start some sort of drama ingame so people actually felt compelled to do something.
When I build customs checkpoints I do it so the crew might revolt and start an actual revolution that isn't the shit game mode revolution.

There was once an user who dressed up protoman and kept trying to burn/nuke the station but then one shift the crew fought back. Proto didn't go down easily though, even though he was branded as a traitor some of security went on his side because most of the crew weren't human anymore. And in the end he nuked the station regardless. But the crew had something to do, they all fought and helped each other.

Personally it's why I can't stand the long shifts this station has at times, there's nothing to do.

the long shifts are down to comfy fags and the fact that low pop rounds go into "high" pop rounds

Oh look, It's a [mupdate]
Cargo edition.
Still would be nice to know how do shuttle.

kek. Keep it like that, just give him a toolbox to get out.

honestly that fucker should be doing paperwork anyways, make it reinforced walls and no windows

the real criminals are admins janitors and moderators
worse than any other terrorist in the world
worse than any tyrant or murder who existed
worse than anything imaginable
I can't imagine wanting to be one of them to hold power over others that they may do and act and speak and silence others.
There really is no justice or punishment I could conjure on my innocent and pure mind and I leave my woes and suffering in the hands of God that he smite this foe from our Earth that no one else know such low depths of human suffering that I endured.

i just love taking a 10 minute stroll for a bucket from autolathe

Comfy is necessary.
Without comfy there is no true antagonism.
For why care about someone disrupting that which you do not hold dear?
Calm comfy is the basis for impassioned defense.

the docking_port object types are used this way:
You place down /obj/docking_port/stationary objects where you want your shuttle docking points to exist (and /obj/docking_port/stationary/transit objects where you will send the in-transit shuttles to) and set their variables so they have an unique ID and can fit the shuttles you want to dock
For the actual shuttles, you use /obj/docking_port/mobile objects, they use pretty much the same variables as the stationary docking ports but define the shuttle dimensions and ID
To see how the variables are set up, read up on code/modules/shuttles/shuttle.dm and possibly inspect existing maps with docking ports to see how those are done

Something got fucked with the Setup Character screen,serb will be restarted

Except that it violates Marine Law, in which case the MPs can arrest you for it.

Replace the RD's space suit with the xeno suit

Servers back up.

I'll give him a windoor desk he has to climb over to get in and out of his office.

Where is the bucket going to? If it's botany then yes water will be painful for you to get. If it's the cook, I might give him a bucket of fry oil since deep fried everything fits the theme.

Thanks a million, from the looks of it, an guess leads me to believe the mobile docking port will move the entire area it's currently in, usually denoted by the area type with all the arrows.

Which is still ghey. I made a guy called Dea F. Mann and pretended to be horribly deaf, but nobody seemed to care. I need some ebin trolls that will actually get on people's nerves but that they can't lock me up for and therefore MUST tolerate IC. I was thinking of Lei Zee, who is incapable of running.

To make a cleanbot for this bloody shit hole, on note the station should start with one on but the hacked kind that acts like a walking cleaner grenade

Yeah sure. And yes, I will make you go steal a bucket if you're coming from robotics.

Well you have to consider that CM's flavor of roleplay requires more effort than most people who bother to RP on Hatestation. These folks arent making gimmicks so much as building characters based on in-game happenings.

Point is you are probably going there to troll, not participate in RP or ongoing story in any serious capacity.

unlikely

is it wine-able?

From the looks of it:
[generic first name] [some 'nick' name] [generic last name]
Then autistic screeching about being in the military without actually joining it, just like airsofters.
Do note that they never role play around their nick name or call each other by their nick names. Before they bannarud me from CL for no good reason.
I made a serious character. Adam 'smoke' Johnson (to fit the formula you see) I always made sure he had a cigar or at least a lit cigarette. If he didn't have one, priority #1 was to find a smoke ASAP. If he had one, literally even being imprenated by aliens was no shit to him because he had a smoke. One round the ayys even got enough of my garbled english to understand my smoke-related banter and when I died their chat had multiple posts containing chuckling and how I would be missed.
Then I went braindead on a nonessential role for literally one round and got permajob banned from that role with no warning, I stopped trying to fit in.
It's also the same shit every single round with no change.
DEPLAHMANT
WUD IZ IT
OH IZ ID LIZURD OR BUG WE DUNNO HEHE

not to mention it's very easy to die as a marine then it is as a xeno and when you do you're not getting revived since the medical staff are useless.

don't forget all those fucking faggots with commissioned OC in their descriptions

I never understood why it took off, especially since it's predecessors were fucking abortions that proved that marine RP is only fun for one thing.

Oh yeah, I saw some of those, I would have gagged but I was too busy laughing.

Did they really kill him for sitting in the wrong chair?

Good shift.

[br]
MAID RPG
[br]
Player: [field]
[br]
Name: [field]
[br]
[br]
[br]
Maid Colors
[br]
Clothes: [field]
[br]
Eyes: [field]
[br]
Hair: [field]
[br]
[br]
Maid Type: [field] / [field]
[br]
Special Qualities: [field]
[br]
[br]
[list]
Athletics[*][field]
[/list]
[list]
Affection[*][field]
[/list]
[list]
Skill[*][field]
[/list]
[list]
Cunning[*][field]
[/list]
[list]
Luck[*][field]
[/list]
[list]
Will[*][field]
[/list]

For what reason?

Yeah, you could get away with murder since it would always escalate into a massive firefight. The admins didn't know anything about logs to ban whoever shot first

Oh cool, [form] works now?
Is there a changelog? The ingame button for that is half a decade unchanged.

wew

it's cancer tbh

CM has exactly one game mode you can only autistically play do in a certain way only
everywhere else has varied up to 7 or so game mode and varied ways you can play

Changeling Tator

Because it's fun.

What was the random name? Dick Fiddler?

What I find funny is the combat is braindead and boring. Of course, I wouldn't mind and would just play engineer if THAT wasn't braindead and boring because they don't have a singulo, just a bunch of EZPZ power boxes. I mean, IT'S FUSION! AT LEAST MAKE ME TEND TO A MASSIVE PLASMA RING THAT CAN HORRIBLY DESTROY THE SHIP!
Honestly I would really enjoy engineer if it was remotely challenging, because it isn't. You're a glorified gas jockey in that role. Pretty sure the outer hull can't even be breached. ERT is scripted and never drains the air. It would be really cool to rush on a hardsuit, deploy sealant foam and then work on the outside of the hull to repair it but nope, that's a no existo. Imagine a round where instead of Ayys it was hostile human forces with big guns that could make hulls, so patch jobs would be a thing.
I did read the rules.. briefly… once… but I did read them before I started playing, yes. I really don't care enough about it to make an account on some forum, and I'm not sure if it's a perma; I just know this was a minute ago and I'm still banned on it.
I am able to enjoy xeno because a good chunk of the time there's some comfy RP but you don't get actively shit on for not fitting in.
I'd also play Yautja if IT WASN'T WHITELISTED (for good reason, but once again more having to make a forum account; plus I'd never get on that list anyway.)

That's just it though, what I find missing from CM is content in non-combat roles. I even heard they nerfed/simplified med-research so it was useless. Regular SS13 has interplay between all the different roles except for shitcurity because their only job is to make your experience less fun and so, playing USCM is a lot on the awful side.

whoops.

I actually meant this though.

Fuck you wizard.

It's weird cause while this is true for CM I don't think it's the same for regular ss13.

Probably because you can robust individuals with toolboxes and there's a variety of melee and ranged weapons, in addition to creating customized grenades from a wide selection of chemicals instead of just 3-4 preset grenade types. I would absolutely play chemist if it existed in CM, so you might have one guy doing standard pill-making (or leave that to med research role), and have your chemists making super hellfire grenades. These being so dangerous you might have a requisitions worker escorted by security deliver the package to squad specialists, being that these things would be difficult to make and capable of clearing whole rooms. Instant interdepartmental interplay. Imagine napalm foam grenades, or chlorine trifluoride grenades. CtF isn't even hard to make.
Imagine if marines were able to take a live sample of some xeno organism (a chestburster maybe), and research molecular acid. Could even require a higher and higher caste to get more research, with each level of research bringing the the required tools to capture the next caste up. GUESS WHAT, MORE INTERPLAY: Final tier requires the CL to come clean, and also fax in to get WY research. This might not always happen due earlier victory/not getting previous levels, threat to company interests, or might trigger a WY yutani death squad event. MORE VARIED GAMEPLAY.
a) survivors with information on xeno breeding cycles, like chestbursters, becomes very important. Might become commonplace to send down a rush squad to find survivors.
b) Molecular acid resistant armor, barricades, etc, giving research something to do. (make a puzzle game)
c) Noting fully that these researches help marines stay in the game without being OP, and they almost always falter and lose later in the game. Most games, marines lose, or an SD happens.

The funniest part may be that I'm pulling ALL OF THIS out of my ass as I'm typing, why can't they?
CM could easily be an amazing game, especially considering the large player base, but there's so much loss.
It would also be interesting if ayy's on the ship had a better chance of being very sneaky and causing sabotage, chaos, etc. The air systems would need to be much more connected and not deal FREEZING DAMAGE THE MOMENT YOU ENTER THE SHITTING THING. I remember one round where there was some kind of ayy on the ship while the marines were groundfighting it was this huge diversion for the engineers and probably half of security, and it would have been fun for me if the CMP wasn't a shitter who kept telling me to plant my ass in medbay and do nothing. (He died later, whining that nobody supported him.)
So much unrealized potential.

What an utter clusterfuck that just occurred

What a wild ride.

I think it was just hank or something, the point was the random name gen made it anyways

Been playing this game for roughly 13 hours as a newbie, and from what I can see I now understand fully the term of

SHITCURITY

You can have people being dragged down the halls in cuffs being murdered or force fed acid in the halls and people just walk on by or security will be off doing fuck all from the main station. One person was being ripped apart with a chainsaw begging for someone to help and security was too busy screaming about wanting his Wire Cutters right besides him.

To prove my point

Shitcurity in a nutshell

We're currently in the process of more holograms and artificial intelligence, in our efforts we've created Chen. Honk. If you have queries or ideas. Please state them. Being a faggot aside. Seriously give ideas, this is OUR server not just one person. And I'd like to sprite some ideas for you guys.

a swastika

Bootlickers get what they deserve.

We need nazi. Make it a good one.

Actually, if the players liked your smoke-centric banter, which I frankly find to be fun and interesting, then I'm sure you could think of something fun and/or interesting for a Yautja character. You've already succeeded in making a memorable personality, all you have to do is stick with it.
On the subject of the USCM/Alium meta, the dev team HAS been trying to tweak both sides to reduce the level of alium bias, but from what some staff members have told me, it's apparently intended for aliens to have the advantage. Marines can win quite handily if they would play to their strengths more, especially by making clever use of their most powerful tools. No kidding, good use of orbital beacons and dropship CAS can win games.

Waffen SS uniforms for HoS and Warden, Gestapo uniforms for shitcurity. Gas chamber in security jokingly designed to look like a shower.

It would require a little coding, but I got a neat idea.
Monomolecular diamond cables for the connection of centrifugally unstable orbiting masses.
Now in practice this would be a line of cable going horizontal or vertical that would directly tie a section to the central asteroid/station. It would be tough as shit, and require multiple minutes to cut through with a whole tank of welder fuel. However, should it be cut, the whole connected area severs and moves to a new Z-level. Like a large one way shuttle.

A very expedient way to make sure individuals don't make it to the escape shuttle, to scuttle an area infested with xeno/blob, or simply start an autism fort/refuge-from-singulos after the rest of the station goes to hell.

That barely looks like chen. Are you sure it wouldn't be better with the bkub version?

I actually tried to make the bkub version at first, it just looked too goofy and there wasn't enough space.

I like this, but it would require some codefaggotry. I already have plenty of lattice between nodes, so if/when it becomes a map in/the main map for serb, then it could be updated to have this functionality to get the cables instead of just lattices. Given how shuttles work though, it might not take the whole thing if there's multiple designated areas on the thing. Pic related.

Might be interesting (if the damage is high enough) to have a yautja who makes extensive use of the cloak, obsesses over one random human target, and makes extensive use of a throwing spear while cloaked, striking only at the perfect moment. Then you could get a scene like in the original Predator movie where all these marines are just wasting all their rounds into the trees, absolutely terrified. Except, you don't kill them (because of obsession over your now dead mark, and the trophy that it is.) If they interfere too much you just blast them. If they run to tattle tale to commander you let them, because then there's a gameplay diversion available to command.

Another interesting one would be a yautja which sees all humans as unworthy prey, but is most curious of them. You don't kill any humans, but your target is ALWAYS the xeno queen, so you guide the humans silently to victory (regular xenos are unworthy prey, so plasma blastios), and strike the queen with your melee when the time is right, when the humans are banging on the doors and she has no children to protect her. It would help marines win more.

Make sure to have a room fillled with racks of soap.

I mean upon reflection, I could – I can actually. But I'm currently working on this request.

I can't think of much tbh but I can think up stuff for robotics

they tweak and don't change any of the bases which are hold over from yee olden times nor add anything new and interesting, infact they removed RnD for "medical research" which no one does because marines have method of trapping anything and the queen meta destroy their dead always

more construction shit would be nice over all, it's shitty having everything be plats lattice and metal walls tbh

As far as I've seen things function it wouldn't require too much. Just the overlapping of areas with shuttle stuff. Replacing the nav interface with a trigger and the like.

A potential solution to potential hurdles, have them only cuttable at anchor points, with grades of anchor point. The further down the chain the less it takes to cut the anchor. That way its far more tempting to cut a single department than a wing. Spend five minutes instead of twenty five. Less lag as the place gets flung.

Actually, the aliens never destroy their own dead from what I've seen, and they did add a new grenade launcher very recently.

yes they do, I've seen it alot and it's usually the queen which does it but the prea does it too

not interesting nor new tbh

What is significant about destroying the dead?
Is there actual RnD that requires ayy corpses?

yeah they need intact corpses to get better shit, not much shit but eh

Taking a while guess, but xeno-crafted armor and acid resistant metal.

That, and I think there's surgery that makes a chest burster unable to burst the first time, and I could swear i've seen non-syth marines get hit by neurotoxin and not get stunned at all.

That's okay, if it's too hard, try something easier like the flags. Though, isn't it possible to remove the blue border to give yourself a bit more space (2 whole pixels horizontally and vertically)?

This is like an explosion, but instead of a 20x20 region, it's like a 50x50 region and shunts it to a new map space. This would kill the server worse than a singularity would, given our current tech

It's not that it's hard, it's just that I kind of didn't want to go back and redo it all over again so soon considering I was working on these sprites at the time. I will change it eventually though, user, because I agree it can be better. First though I have to make a batch of sprites just in general. Thank you for bringing up your concern.
It looks odd, imo, without them. But like I said, upon reflection, I actually can make do.

Good work regardless. In so few pixels you gave an 80's vibe.

I was thinking also a black swastika in a white circle on a red backround sort of deal but this is fine too. Also you really don't have to deal with the blue outline, lots of AI backrounds recolor it.

it doesn't need to be blue, there's alot of them which aren't

Good round. Wherever it goes, I like where it was.

As someone who was previously CM staff, it's mostly an issue of coders and time, as it seems to be on most servers. A lot of what you want was being pretty seriously discussed back when I was on staff, but it's been about a year and a half now, and I barely even recognized the place when I got on a few days back.

because new cancer entered it

Did any of the old cancer leave, at least?

why would it

You guys ever heard of 2cat?
This is 2skeleton.

Sonuvabitch. Not five minutes later.

I can dream at least.

you could have leaked the code

I wasn't on that part of the staff, and someone DID leak the code at some point.

I think the chaplain was who found me, my hand was vlown off and I had some leg lacerations, but otherwise ok. He gave up just a little short of de-critting me and left me in arrivals.
Wood is actually pretty good against bombs, if only because it disintegrates instead of pummeling you with metal sheets. Cannt believe I survived as long as I did.
You bastard.

it was before everything bad and after everything good so

can we get mind transfer potions in xeno?

That was a fun shift.

There's more but I want other people to post their stories as well.

>I still have a ton of black powder inside me and I'm waiting for it to blow as soon as he removes my atmos hardsuit and then the heat will affect me
>He drags me through a cold shower to extinguish me, no memes were had that day

Overall, 6/10 shift but the shuttle ride was fun

My levels of confusion as to who was ling when are only compounded by this.
My mind is full of fuck, in that good old fashioned way.
Who what shit when why?

That whole conversation I thought it would be hilarious if it turned out I was talking to the ling about how shit his existence is.

Can someone here explain xenoarcheology to me?

Don't know if this will help, but here you go.
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/Guide_To_Xenoarchaeology

No help?

I remember someone getting it to work on linux

From what I understand. It is, but you'll deal with a lot lag or something. Sorry don't know anything else.

Just glancing at the link I don't think I've even seen some of these items. Core sampler? Measuring tape?

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Xenoarchaeology_guide
Oh I'm fucking retarded, I gave the wrong wiki. I literally just searched xenoarchaelogy on startpage and linked the first thing I got.

thanks anyway though.

Also one thing I want to work on in the next few months is having more fluid options for how antagonists are handled. For example, we have the concept of a "round type" right now. Why not just have a standard roundtype, that functions independently of traitors? Then, we can have latejoiners be included in the fun and also have it assign traitors on the fly

Yes, I know it "sort of" does this now, but it converts round types, etc, and it's kind of messy

that's what I've been wanting for awhile now there's no reason why we can't multiple different antags trying to achieve their own ends, other then pop reasons that is.

New thread