People who make popular games need to shut up

Microsoft claims diversity is needed in games and that devs who make popular games should shut up.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/rXSVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whoops forgot article.
archive.fo/rXSVM

They're as bad as American Sony. No shocker there.

yeah those games sold really well and met expectations

Sadly enough though compared to Microsoft's other "exclusives" they did gangbusters.

Be quiet about what?

Yep this surely will go very well with the investors

Be quiet about their toxic masculine bigotry
i don't actually know

Is this real life? Why did he shove a plate of hot pockets up his ass?!

I dont see a problem with this now less known devs can actually make good games for the console and the saturated bullshit can go away

Never forget, Xbox killed videogames and Microshit is killing your culture.

(((GREENBERG)))
like pottery

The Xbox actually needs games before they can diversify anything.
On a serious note is diversity in the dev team the reason their dashboard and UI is so fucking shit? Blades was great, and now we have a cluttered, laggy and confusing mess with ads everywhere.

So they admit they're games aren't popular.

Quiet as in talk less about upcoming projects.

Microsoft killed computing.

Oh wait

I can't explain microsoft's stance with reason or logic, this is beyond my understanding

Halo and Gears of War weren't good to begin with.

You spergs can't even be bothered to read the article. "Diversity" doesn't always mean "affirmative action." "Being quiet" doesn't always mean "letting marginalized voices speak." They're like trigger words for you all. Jesus.

Because he wanted… HOT POCKETS!! AYY LMAO XDDDD

They're virtue signaling and attracting the wrong crowd. Also trying to control language.

Fuck you. I hope you get banned for being a newfag

They aren't thinking using either, it's cult mentality at this point. A good example is the Target CEO. When share holders tried to address him about failing sales he just talked about how they needed to be more progressive and diverse even though their recent stance on bathrooms lowered their already low sales.

These people are willing to take the ship down with them rather than let "nazis" have their way. I also imagine a certain chosen people keep them afloat simply for feverishly supporting the narrative.

Did you watch their E3 presentation they spouted diversity non-stop even if it doesn't mean what it normally does. They are using this language to virtue signal to people.

What are you talking about? True as that may or not be, that has nothing to do with this article. Nothing in there refers to or alludes to virtue signalling or anything related to it. Lies about some hypothetical or solid catalog of games to come, maybe, but not virtue.

Sure. Still not seeing how it connects to the article. See

Am I missing something? Where does it even talk about games selling or diversity of game devs?

It means diverse as in "not another game about cool dudebros shooting things down" not as in SJW "just gay my shit up" diversity

The language itself is virtue signalling all they want is to see the headlines to attract the SJWs.

This.
"Be quiet" also referred to keeping the development of projects a secret instead of advertising them before they're close to being done.

He clearly said "diversity in line up of games", he's not at fault for clickbait article writers.

Can't wait for more ugly niggers with afros.

Wait, they're actually making a fucking sequel to Knack?

This is so sad.

So, Whatchu going to do with that $2.00?

Who gives a fuck about exclusives? Only reasons people own a Xbox One these days is because it's the cheaper console compared to the PS4.

They will not survive the winter.

Pottery!

If you actually read the article it becomes clear, what they mean here. The franchises, that will generate hype on their own should not be announced too early so they can market other stuff in between better. If their audience is just looking forward to Halo for two years it wont be as easy to get them to try something different or get hyped for it in between.

You mean Forza? Or Halo? Or Forza? Or Halo? Or Forza? Or what about that other Forza?
Xbox has games outside these franchises?

How does that shit pass for journalism anyway? It goes "dude thinks this and that" but presents no direct quotation from anyone actually saying that, or saying anything at all. It's so damn vague, there is no substance. It's barely above gossip and insinuation.

Welcome to journalism, where ethics are unimportant and standards don't exist

I am so glad this is the absolute last Shitsoft console ever to be made.
Literally cancer upon video games.

Gossip and insinuation sells copies, that's all there is to it.

These people are so delusional. Is it because they live in an echo chambers so they do not hear the disgust when they do this? Maybe they just believe their own nonsense despite seeing the sales figures every time they make these statements? If it were not so disgusting I would genuinely be interested in the answer.

It's been two decades, and I'm still angry at Bungie for selling out.

No, user. It's because they're actively trying to destroy western civilization. When everything falls apart and everybody is screaming and dying around them, and the world is burning and humanity is choking to death in its own collective blood, these are the people who will sit back and smile with satisfaction.

Who even cares? XBone has nothing, so why would anyone care what they do?

More diversity? Oh boy! What kind of diver-

Capcom, Gearbox, and Ninja Theory should actually take that advice.

Marketing Manager is interviewed. He makes two separate comments: that he likes it when big studios are quiet about what they are working on, also that he wants a diverse range of international game creators. Slimy "journalist" tries to lump both comments together to mean something completely different.

(((Aaron Greenberg)))
EVERY FUCKING TIME

Ethics have always been unimportant. Standards have never existed.

Jefferson got redpilled on media kikery pretty fucking quick after when it was his ass and his reputation getting slandered in the rags for a half-penny an issue.

I still remember Bungie's damage control. "No guis we aren't selling out we're subverting Microsoft from the inside it'll be just like the chestburster scene from Alien hurr hurr"

Too bad he sold Washington out when it came to political kikery, though.

They're right that it's good for developers to be quiet.
Every shitstorm in recent gaming history has been because some developer/cuckmunity manager wouldn't shut the fuck up on social media and keep their goddamn retarded opinions to themselves. There are very few occasions where a AAA game got shit on just because it was a bad game. If I ran a dev company, I'd make my employees sign some kind of NDA ordering social media silence while they work for me, or at least a requirement to dissociate themselves from the company if they wish to use it. Set your profile to private- immediate friends and family only. Don't mention your work at all. Our PR account would only give facts about the game mechanics, teaser art, shit like that. No matter what side you're on, soapboxing about politics can ruin you these days, and it should be kept out of business. It's not just short-term conflict avoidance, but long-term too. If you lean to one side for a profit, you can't go back to the other side later when popular opinion shifts without someone digging up your past and throwing it in your face.
As for diversity, they should have already met their quota with all the sandniggers and street shitters they hire for support roles. I've never spoken to anyone in tech-related customer service who spoke fluent english.

I dont blame Microsoft on this. The blame should, and always go for the consumers really. If you are dumb enough to buy a game that is bad, or heavily SJW friendly, don't blame the game creators, you are the only one to blame.

/thread, really. Should be a copypasta.

capitalism is falling fast & the plutes are out of ideas, all they can do is rehash old ideas with added "diversity" to pander to the liberal idpol. it makes the liberals happy and it causes the whiny rightwing reactionaries to talk endless about the game online, so it's win-win for the companies.

More like information accessibility between individuals has increased so there is an acceleration of divide et impera (what you describe) or demoralization (what you have fallen for) tactics to grow previously established nihilistic worldviews and neuter potential threats. Basic King of the Mountain stuff you get when you remove the spiritual strength of a people and hope to rule a corpse of a world.

i was with you for most of it but this is off the rails retarded. Most if not all AAA games in the last 10-12 years have been basic quick time event set piece to set piece borefests. More mechanical depth could be found in a footprint with a lugnut in it.

I'm talking about getting widespread hate among normalfags, not a handful of autists on Holla Forums hating it and keeping to their circlejerk threads in here.

Destiny, for example, didn't really do anything political to piss people off but normalfags actually woke the fuck up and realized it was unfinished garbage, and now every time you see Destiny 2 discussed anywhere, people are advising against pre-orders and saying to wait and confirm it's not Pile of Shit 2. That rarely occurs. More often, there's some political reason people get pissed off en masse.

The funny thing is 90% of those are going to flop. Battlefront 2 with the Pajeet mystery meat protagonist and maybe Far Cry will do well.

I thought we already know this since its inception.

The diversity they're talking about is with diversity of games. Meaning not oversaturating the console with brown/gritty shooters and AAA slop. Actually getting some Nip games and games from Europe.

but muh SJWs and guldural margisism :DDD

No they're not. Read the article.

Diversity in this phrasing seems to mean variety of games. The "diversity" we don't like is just a side effect of the studios being pozzed.

How to easily get a job at Microsoft

>Claim that you have Aspergers most of Holla Forums probably has it anyway

If there's one good thing about having Aspergers is that you can use that "disability" diversity quota to your advantage

No. The implicit statement in this is that white people need to shut up about diversity a.k.a. fewer white people/white genocide/white displacement (whether what they're saying about it is good or bad because minorities need to exclusively talk about it (according to these people)).
Both majority of the people at Bungie and Epic are white.

Never forget:
They hate you and want you dead because you are WHITE

That will never not be funny to me.

(((Greenberg))) you know I'm starting to get that its a thing of ethnicity.