Rune Ragnarok

Uh baby

interesting premise, god awful game. Lots of these classic PC games are awful.
wish them the best, one of the few western studios with any good ideas.

Wait, what the fuck? Is it a sequel? HH sure took their damn time after the first game.

It's the only IP they own.

They were busy making the Prey 2 game that got canceled by Bethesda, so Todd Howard could make a pleb version of the game and drop the number to pretend they invented the Prey series.

I thought they died after Prey 2, good for them.

Shit, i want to know all that has happened to that Prey 2.

Scratch that, i want Prey 2.

Also the first Rune game wasn't awful, its first couple of levels were.

Considering how these work, both parties had to destroy all the assets made for it. It's pretty common to have scorched earth policy written into the contract whenever a project falls through. It's dead, Jim.

I didn't even know they survived

Property of Zenimax :^)

Go back to NeoGaf already

Indeed
Shame too, hopefully they'll work with Nordic and make Painkiller great again.

They actually maintained Minimum from a dev that diee beforr finishing it and worked on the shitty Bullestorm cashgrab by Gearbox.
Glad to see they're still working on full fledged games after the Beth scam.
They never really died, but they got fucked in the ass hard and likely barely had any capital or publisher interest left to work on something new.

Watched that video ages ago. Fuck Zenimax i guess.

Neat.

tell me how much you like die by the sword too, faggot

how many niggers will it have?

I also like Ghotic as well
Now fuckoff

Its not published by Bethesda though

ahahaha you fucking plebe you eat anything up, don't you?

I also like Kings Field and Shadow Tower.
Fuck off back to >>>/NeoFag/ where you belong platform shitter Sonycuck

Also
Consider suicide you fucking cuckchan redditor

can only wonder how someone can like two good games yet cling on desperately to absolute shit like mount & blade, rune and fucking die by the sword

you're supposed to drop the dead weight you idiot

Take your Sonycuckery somewhere else.

best of luck lads

Fuck

Well shit they put underwater levels in the beggining, a nice way to make people drop the game. After that there is the lava zone though, which is the best one in the game

Nice, Rune was great.

Why did we suddenly get an influx of Neogaf faggots like this user?

rune really isn't a particularly good game and doesn't really do anything to make it stand out.

shouldn't you be in a stalker general somewhere if you're so afraid of differing opinions?

Let's hope they don't decide to go WE WUZ with this.

Fuckoff and stay fuckoff Sonygger

Rune? Like that game where you could have 1v1 arena battles online where you pick up weapons off a wall before a fight and everyone else spectates from a safe room? Fuck yeah. I had a ton of fun with that. Do people still play Rune Gold or Classic online?

It better have fucking skeletons.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Is the original Rune anything like Severance: Blade of Darkness? I've had a GoG copy of Rune sitting around on my computer for a while now but never got around to trying it out.

Unlike Severance Rune was a good game.

I've never played Severance, but Rune is okay. I wouldn't say it's good, since the platforming is fucking obnoxious and overdone, and the level design as a whole is kind of shitty from a gameplay perspective. It at least looks good and has a lot of variety in said levels, and the above-average combat saves it from being an outright bad game.

That said, like a bad movie, about halfway through the game I just wanted it to be over, and had to force myself to slog through to the end.

I guess I should give the game another try. I only played it once, when I was 5 or 6, and couldn't pass the first area after the tutorial. This and Severance Blade of Darkness are one of the few games that I never managed to beat as a child, with S:BoD I also couldn't pass the first area with any of the characters as it was too hard for me back then, though about an year ago, I did replay the game and found it to be too easy, and got bored and quit, at the entrance of the mine(I played as the knight character). Not a bad game, but it just wasn't my cup of coffee.

where's that rune classic magnet hook me up fam

Why are you even here?

unless you givin that magnet link you can shut the fuck up and not reply, thanks

You really should kill yourself.

lol nigger

Ya'll a bunch of sorry little shits, asks for something simple and get snide remarks like you anything but useless dickholes for doing it.

4f4ba1655d3b59aadff7673b0bfc5ac8363380ee

We all should.

So just plain wastelands with some half-assed linear levels, i swear to god developers can't conceive good level design anymore and just want the programs do the work for them.
I guess since they're going to bet everything in this game and are too afraid to fuck everything up they'll try to pander to skyrimfags. That's no excuse tho i just want this fad to die

Now now, if anyone should cash in on bethesda's shit it's HHS. Karma.

Figure i'm ok with that, but mind if they are just going to copy/paste mechanics from other games and make nothing unique they're not going to make it, even normalfags won't eat it and will regard it as "ez skyrim but worse".
There are games like shadow of mordor that did something similiar by copying batman gameplay and made it but only because it had the name LOTR in it and spent lots of money for advertisement. Also HHS isn't that famous and bethesda only has to put its name on a turd to make it sell

ok
wait… doesnt sandbox mean games like minecraft, arc, conan and other where u gathre shit and build? i hate this, i hope thats not it.

Neither of those mean anything any more.
That feminist ps4 game was "open world" despite not allowing you to move out of bounds.

It's absolutely true. Quality has significantly dropped, just look at how shitty optimization for games has become. 60-100GB is rapidly becoming the norm for modern games despite the fact that it'd be hilariously easy to compress that size downwards

Rune has some very, very nice-looking levels but it's a real pain to play through all the way to the end. I'm interested in this.

They do it because of the consoles and their shit hardware, so they can cut down on loading times.

Severance is superior to Rune tbh.

Rune is the dark souls of norse mythology in video games

Are you saying you're not impressed with level and dungeon design of modern hits such as Oblivion 2 and Persona 5??

More like New Vegas. Fallout 3's cities is designed like a maze and the interior has a pretty nice layout. Oblivion and NV pale in comparison.

What i liked most was the sudden change of ambiance between areas, like the one from underworld to hel or from the snow part to the dwarves land, when i was little the game felt various made me fell like i was really in an adventure, i can't stomach to play it now though

Never played it but yeah the combat surely is better than just mashing jump+m1 ad nauseum

'm still in the first dungeon at it looks good to me, at least there aren't procedually generated dungeon like in 4