Vidya Trivia / Interesting Facts

Did you know that Bowser couldn't fit thru Peach's front door, so he had to use his submarine and submerge in her moat to get into the castle?
You later see this in Dire Dire Docks. The sub also disappears after the first star and will never reappear, even if you replay the star

Other urls found in this thread:

doomworld.com/forum/topic/72509-more-goodies-from-romero-doomed-source-maps-graphics/
please
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

super mario 64 is literally a game about getting cucked and overcoming it

mario 64 has a lot of interesting details

But that's just a theory…

A GAAAAAAYME THEORY

honestly I can fill up this thread just with Mario alone

How many A presses does it take to beat Mario?

Lots if you're talking about Mario 1-World.
Mario 64 has certain levels that can be completed in half a presses, but the game itself needs to have jumps.

Do it. This is info I never even knew!

In one area of Golden Sun: The Lost Age if you walk into the water with debug mode's walk through walls function you'll drown with a unique animation.

Jenna, Sheba and Piers all have sprites needed for Colosso level of control (no running animations, but can walk in any direction and cast). Jennas are even used if you hack the game to give her field psynergy when she is controllable. Jenna also has nodding animations for several directions that will function correctly if she's the main character, but only 2 will ever be used while she is the lead.

this is the most interesting thing in any videogame ever

Perfect Dark has a mountain of weird shit buried within it, here's just a few things. Everyone knows about the hidden cheese in each level that doesn't do anything, but there's way more than that.

One level has a grate with a big question mark on it. Another has a secret vent with a keyhole in it, which you can't even see without X-ray vision. There's no way to open these and they apparently don't have anything behind them.

With gameshark cheats you can get to unreachable parts of levels, and pick up items that say you "picked up something". That something doesn't appear in your inventory and doesn't affect anything in the level, so it's a mystery what purpose the items have.

Some levels hide inactive NPCs behind locked doors, for some reason. In one of those levels there's even a hidden key to unlock its door, so you don't even need cheats to stumble on this. Inside there's a bunch of lifeless people, just standing there like statues. They can be shot and made to bleed, but they don't die or react in any other way. Also, that hidden key unlocks the building's front door too, but if you step out you fall through the ground and die.
Another weird thing is that if you set enemy health extremely high, these same kind of statue-like NPCs suddenly appear at random points in some levels, just standing out in the open.

What's the implication with the last pic? I don't see anything exciting. Is it just that both buildings are rectangular?

Peach has been Bowsered.com, Mario can never uncuck himself.

So is every Zelda game. This probably tells something about Japanese men tbh.

With a gameshark you can put in a code that lets you spawn an Arwing enemy in OoT.

That's really fucking reaching. Also,

What is this demonry?

Michael Jackson, the guy who did the music for Sonic 3, also did the music for Michael Jackson's Moonwalker on the same system. Oddly enough, the music wasn't even original, as most of it actually predates the game by anywhere from 2 to 7 years.
Weird, isn't it?

Someone's never played Super Mario World.

NuDoom ost. I know Holla Forums just loves this game…

It has pentagrams and 666 hidden in wavefiles all over its ost. Also couple of samples sound like 'jesus loves you' if you play them in reverse in mono. Almost the entirety of soundtrack is constructed using a simple white noise sample being modulated using oldass analog equipment.

Many of the maps in Doom 2 were drastically different in their early forms. For instance, Map07 was much more hellish and open, featuring chaingunners and an incredibly different design, albeit still with Arachnotrons and a Mancubus.

You can find the early maps here:
doomworld.com/forum/topic/72509-more-goodies-from-romero-doomed-source-maps-graphics/

Pannenkoek has only one A press left for the 70 star run. The only thing he has left is figuring out how to pass the pole in Bowser in the Fire Sea. He has to press A to jump off the pole, but if he could manage to bypass the pole and get up to the higher level without it, he'd be able to beat the game with 0x A presses.

I forget the exact number for the 120 star run, but it's surprisingly low. Like only 3 or 4 IIRC.

It's probably trying to imply that Boo's Mansion is a ghost version of Peach's castle. Either way it seems to exist in some tiny subatomic dimension or something, which is weird enough when you think about it.

Ice Cap Zone isn't by Michael Jackson and predates the game by like 12 years.

No, he got that one.

The games are about white men and jews. If they were about japs, the Bowser and Ganon would be Mario's and Link's sons (respectively).

Has anyone modded those in?

In Resident Evil 2 the elementary schooler Sherry Birkin was unconsciously raped and impregnated by her G-virus infected father.
It is said to have been done orally and Sherry complains right after of her stomach hurting.

The scene of Sherry waking up shows something slithering away from the bottom half of her body that is not explained.

Resident Evil is a Japanese developed videogame series.

On a completely unrelated note a Hectocotylus is an octopus dick and in octopuses like the Argonaut Octopus, it detaches.

No way. I know it was the last A Press left for the 70 star run. He discovered Remote Lava Boosts and theorized he could use that to pass the pole, but last I heard he wasn't able to actually do it yet. If he could, surely he would then upload a full 70 Star 0x A Press run.

You're right he didn't as the method he wanted to use requires modding the game to make a corner more accurate than it is.
So he really didn't even find a method

Holy shit, you retard.

In Donkey Kong Country, every time you defeat the boss of a world, you can see a pirate ship come closer and closer to DK Isle. After beating World 6, the ship arrives on the Isle, and that's where the final battle takes place.

continued. Also the ship's position doesn't change at all after beating the world 2 boss.

This is not entirely true, it only disappears once that you beat Bowser in the basement

But how did bowser get his sub into the painting?

Bowser is a powerful wizard. He kidnaps Peach because her magic is the only thing that can counter his magic. He used magic to create the worlds in the paintings, and put real things in them.

tbf the "wings" match the saddle as well, but IMO it's not so much "deep meaning" as just typical self-reference.

Why would just now show up even though he stole the bananas already?

looks like this to me

If you max out the score, then every enemy you eat or kill will give you an extra life.

That's a bit unsettling

In DMC 4 Proud souls resemble the perfect amulet, and Vergil's summon swords are duplicates of the Force edge

Dire Dire Docks isn't a painting, in fact all the levels that connect to Peach's Castle in some way are accessed from portals rather than paintings

Also in DMC 4 the castle and forest share a ton of similarities to Mallet island from DMC1 including enemy types
My favorite thing about DMC4 though, is that the Savior is a rip off of Mundus in Spardas image. Which I would love to see Spardas reaction to.

In Digimon World 1, many humans were killed by the native digimon

It even looks like a mutated dick too

videogame creepypastas are one of the scariest things to me

look to the sky

DmC is a game that just gets worse and worse the more you examine it.

yea i love PD stuff.

there's also this plant.
and Casandra's necklace

Right in damn feels.

Doesn't Piers actually cast in the story at one point? I would figure he needs those sprites. The walking animation is just for cutscenes for them leaving "the party" if you will and then coming back to leave just your lead character out when you run around.

Also the water looks way higher in the first picture, what the fuck.

Not sure what the first picture is supposed to show, other than stuff you learn immediately after starting Majora's Mask.

That's just a layer of fog over the water.

In Sonic Unleashed, double tapping B/Circle as normal Sonic lets you do the spin kick from '06. I don't think it's ever relevant in gameplay, but it's there for some reason.

DK was wrecking his lieutenants to get K.Rool's attention.

If the Lukitu Bros worked for E. Gadd then how does E. Gadd have pictures form Mario 1 and Mario World as well?

The Lakitu Bros were the cameramen in all the Mario games. They just weren't pointed out until 64

I'm ready for some out of context pannen

Wasn't there also combat stances in other Sanic games that were completely useless as well as difficult to use?

JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

In Sonic Adventure 2, Knuckles and Rouge have an uppercut move done by doing a full circle with the joystick and hitting the action button. Needless to say, this is unlike any input for any move in any Sonic game. It is also only needed to get the final emerald shard in the final extra mission of Knuckles' final level. So eventually this ends up being the final mission in the entire game for me. The only thing keeping me from unlocking Green Hill Zone. Took me goddamn forever to figure it out. Sometimes in frustration I'd be mashing the controller so hard I'd do it by accident, but didn't know why. Still don't remember how I figured out it was some sort of Street Fighter move.

Isn't it the same for SA1, too? I mean, I know it's the outlier, but I thought the uppercut was still in SA1. You should also be able to toggle through actions for the action button while standing still to dig or uppercut in SA2, at the very least.

I don't know if I ever checked for the uppercut in SA1, because it's never required. I 100%ed the game before SA2 came out, and it still baffled me in 2. And no, you can't toggle through actions like you can for every other action in both games. The only way to do it is to do a full circle and then punch.

the moat is outside of the castle too though

On the topic of Adventure era mechanics, I always loved the fact that by pressing B while spin dashing would put Sonic back into his running animation, without losing your current momentum. This was a useful technique if mastered since you'd get the instant speed from your spindash but retain some level of control. Was especially useful if you wanted to go uphill or across flat ground real quick. Not exactly obscure trivia since it's used a lot in speedruns (and anyone who has played the games has probably done it at least once) but I always found it to be a neat mechanic.

You act as if the majority of people who talk shit about Adventure have actually played the games.

Here is a recent one. In ZombiU, the school area in the game (Which is also the level the demo uses) features a zombie that, when scanned, causes a jump scare moment due to it causing your in-game devices to go haywire. This happens only once throughout the entire title, is never explained why it happens, and is featured very late in the game.

I'd say that it's more likely that FLUDD is connected to the Mushroom Kingdom internet, or at least a Mushroom Kingdom history archive, and that the Lakitu bros made their recordings publicly available somehow, either through a conventional news channel or other content distribution network.

I would have thought it was intentional if it wasn't for the fact the effects stay gone even when redoing the star. That bit, at the very least, has to be a bug. At least no one has posted that dumb image saying Wet Dry World must take place in the real world because the background resembles a real world location.

IIRC it's just a left over to test Z targetting

Proofs?

I remember that goddamn motion. In fact I believe it was much more likely that the game interpreted my U turns as that motion than when I actually performed. And it's so weird the game never bothers to teach its importance until the Hard Mode missions. It makes bosses a cakewalk.
But I was talking about Sonic being able to punch or some gay shit, probably that was from unleashed.

I'd submerge my submarine in Peach's moat if you know what I mean

If I had the cartridge or a game boy to play it

The best I can do is a shitty GameSpot cheats page. There's no videos on Youtube about it whatsoever and I don't really feel like downloading a game boy emulator to cheat the score up to max tonight

please use archive.is/kirbys-dream-land-2/cheats/

Best lore

Kek, that's neat

Notice how they are all blue eyed. Fucking white supremacy.

Shut up you fucking nazi

Here's some more

Also, what is with this nintendo lore shit? Is this just a meme I don't get?

Mario has some of the best hidden lore.
Other game series just can't compete.

NoJ doesn't care, but NoA really, really cares. You should know very well who works there now.

italians are yurops last hope

Kek

I feel like a lot of the pictures in the first image need explaining.

Actually, they were used to program Volvagia's movement.

FOR?!

Oy vey are you trying to deport me again?

Obviously a joke, faggot. Dont call me a commie ever again or I will backtrace you

bump