Real Games

Guys

GUYS

Why do people hate video games that require you to use your brain and strategize? Why is garbage like Overwatch so popular? Don't people find it rewarding to overcome a challenge?

Because 'It's too hard' is the creed of slaves, and we live in a world that is full of the willingly enslaved. Self improvement is the fruit of a better man.

I can tell you've never played it, also all videogames are easy you dumb faggot

Can it be fixed? I want challenging games to rule the market again.

Was going to tell you to gut yourself and call you a mindless simp-ass normalfag but I realized this is b8.

>>>Holla Forums

If you make a game hard it narrows the potential audience.

It's certainly not the epitome of challenge, but if it so damn easy then why aren't you ranking in all that easy e-sports money then? Surely you could just dominate everyone?

It can be fixed, just like all the problems we have in the world today. But it's not a dial that can just be turned back. You need a hard reset, and in that case no one's going to be concerned with video games for quite some time.

most people have average intelligence

pic related: its what makes normalfags run away

What kind of real games do you recommend, OP?

Men of War Assault Squad 2 for quick thinking tactical gameplay. Aurora or Hearts of Iron for long-term tactical and strategic gameplay, Wargame: Airland Battle for strategy, DCS World for simulated flight combat. Games like I-War or Tropico are good too.

Many rougelikes are unforgiving. There's also text games and racing simulators like Asetto Corsa. Dragon's Dogma is good too.

"Real games" don't make money user.

Because some people play games for fun, and fun is something that's easy to pick up, easy to put down, and easy to play. As opposed to things like MMOs, for example, which takes lots of time to go all the way through, occasionally needs scheduling to get enough people together to do a thing, and if you drop out unexpectedly you'll get people sour at you. Conversely, challenge isn't 'fun'; it's 'satisfying'. It's a feeling of pride and accomplishment to do something that took a long time or that few people have done before. It also takes forever to get that feeling of fulfillment and as such isn't the fast-and-loose gameplay that most people actually want, and also most people just don't give a shit. I once played borderlands, grinded Mordecai to level 50, and got all the gun classes to max proficency, but most people wouldn't enjoy that level of satisfaction; they'd just beat the game once and call it a good time, and i don't begrudge them that because i know i'm the weirdo.

tl;dr: Not everyone has your preferences.

Fun is a evolutionary response that was developed in us to encourage practice and knowledge of skills. Having 'fun' by playing bullshit MOBAs or whatever the modern day hello kitty adventure island is the equivalent of sitting on the couch and stuffing your face with junkfood.

and the aspie shows himself

Yes, and finding high-calorie food delicious and relaxing to conserve energy are also evolutionary responses. The very essence of technological and society advancement has led us to a point of easy food and easy thrills; it's just a shame these advancements have made us fat and weak. If you're gonna play some bullshit like 'people shouldn't enjoy easy entertainment because it's TOO easy', i'm gonna have to turn around to tell you to read a book to expand your mind and exercise to improve your body, faggot.

if all you care about is the color of the label on your items

surely you be jestin

Thank you for getting my point. It's not hard to return to a mindset of deriving enjoyment from self-improvement, instead of literal or figurative empty calories.

At first I wanted to ask if you're retarded but then I remembered that there are people who just do some shit that involves zero challenge or maybe it's even running away from challenge and consider it fun because "they enjoy it". While that shit is kinda hard for me understand it I know that there are different types of challenges like your grinding which I don't consider challenge as well as difficulty of challenge which is relative, which makes me think that we okay, me are the result of old era where games were hard and most gamers are only playing casually so our views differ too much. Or maybe they are just pathetic ultra beta cucks who avoid anything that can damage their ego.

So let me ask you why you are on the video games board of a French colonization self help tutorial and asking for more video games when they are objectively bad for you and are these "empty calories" of fun you complain of?

For people with limited intelligence, thinking takes a shitload of effort, and unlike muscle strength, endurance, or agility, it doesn't necessarily improve with use to absurd levels. While it's not quite a perfect analogy, imagine being pushed to play an overly-complex space sim or some shit. Yeah, you could figure it all out, and play it properly, but it would be under duress and you wouldn't have fun. Idiots have a far lower bar for games that require concentration and nonlinear thinking, while actually playing the game. Too many plates to keep spinning.
That said, sometimes dumb fun is just that. Where you want to give your mind a rest, and run on reflect mode for a while, popping headshots and dodging rockets like a bot until you get banned for "cheating". Well, maybe not everyone can do that. In the late 90s and early 2ks, I could do that when I was dead tired. Fully alert, not so much, but I played like a god if I was fighting off sleep.

All of my items are orange, pink, and turquoise, because fuck grinding for items. When I play that piece of shit, I only do so to dump a truckload of legendary or better guns, shields, class mods, and grenades for everyone to go slackjawed over.

Boringlands 1 is superior to 2, in overall quality, but 2 and the DLCquel are the retarded, mindless point-and-click shit I mentioned above. They play better. Too bad Captain Cuck and Pansy Bitchfraud are involved in them.

Complex games help you exercise parallel thought, though not quite as well as working on things like electronics repair, mechanical repair (cars, applicances), or building stuff (carpentry, welding).

WHAT IS THAT

That's not MY point; though, i'm saying self-improvement is boring as shit. Important and to some degree necessary, certainly, but not 'fun'; to say that people playing video games shouldn't be casual about it is like walking into a cake shop and yelling "HEY COCKSUCKERS WHY DONT YOU EAT MORE GREEN VEGETABLES I ONCE HAD A CARROT CAKE WITH ASPARAGUS AND BROCCOLI AND IT WAS FANTASTIC". Not everyone wants that in their cake; not everyone even wants a carrot cake, for that matter, and almost nobody thinks carrot cakes are the norm. People want their empty calories because it feels good; the most argument is that they shouldn't, but that argument extends further to 'they shouldn't be playing video games in the first place', and this is hardly the place to make that argument.

It isn't. I played Devil May Cry once, i was shit at it, and after dying to that lava spider twenty times i switched to super pussy mode just to get through the game. Conversely, i have fun with Kingdom Hearts and Dynasty Warriors, just mashing through hordes of enemies with power attacks; i even went for some of the DW3 fourth weapons, but some of those were such a pain in the ass i never carried through with all of it. Grinding IS a challenge, though, because it's drawn-out effort over long periods of time; it may just be it's too hard for you, which there's no shame in admitting. Not everyone likes to do or can do the same things as everyone else, after all.

pic unrelated to my point

DF is nowhere near that fucking hard lmao

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT

No, dumbass, Mordecai wasn't playable in 2.

nigger, it's a literal reskin of the first one, resold at full price, where they gate skirmish mode behind a fucking DLC. apply yourself

You don't see fun in challenge I guess? I don't see challenge in doing same easy thing over long period of time. It doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong, its personal. There are games which are fun primarily because they are challenging.

No shit, stupid. I didn't say he was in 2 as anything other than a space Mexican.

Gamers used to find it rewarding to overcome a good challenge but then they got replaced by retards, and now retards are gamers. You didn't really think gamers of the 80's and 90's are still the audience for the vidya industry, did you? lolololol

what do you doing posting my waifu stop

No, there aren't. Vidya fun comes from good gameplay. Correctly managing the level of "challenge" is but a single ingredient in that vidya recipe of creating good gameplay, which in turn gives us a good game. So no, there are no games that are fun "primarily because they are challenging". They're fun because they have good gameplay with a challenge level that meets your specific tastes.

Remove the challenge from this game then, is it fun now?

Re-read my post again, and stop pretending to be retarded.

The concept of fun originally comes from meeting a challenge. The fact that moderns have managed to short-circuit that into a masturbatory experience doesn't change that anymore than our ancestors spending millennia on careful cultivation and hybridization of plants and animals is invalidated by deep frying oreos or the consumption of doritos and mountain dew.

Well, yes, my bad. My point was that challenge is almost always a part of fun in games it's one of key components that defines game to begin with

You're wrong. That may be your highly specific personal definition, but even then I very much doubt you actually adhere to that policy with your vidya as that would have truly disastrous gameplay ramifications.
None of that makes you any less wrong, user. Not subjectively wrong either, but objectively wrong, as we already have a widespread agreed-upon definition of "fun". If you derive enjoyment or amusement from something, it's fun.

Correct. We must also remember that good gameplay dictates challenge be tempered by fairness (or at least the player's perception of fairness), otherwise increasing one's enjoyment of a game would be as simple as handicapping the player. In Pong terms, their enjoyment would be inversely proportional to the size of their paddle.

Moderns are adorable.

I'm sorry did you forget to put some citations in there? Or are you just some rambling autist?