Life simulators

Hey, Holla Forums, can't decide what simple life simulator to play.

Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon or Rune Factory? They all have similarities but i want to focus on one.

Animal Crossing is babbys first and only recommended if you enjoy reading lolsoquirkyXD neighbour dialogue
Harvest Moon is a long as fuck running series with some iffy entries but features enough depth, content and personality to keep you entertained.
Rune Factory is HM with forced JRPG cancer

A wonderful life is a good place to start playing Harvest Moon?

Rune Factory is the best of the three but make sure to use cheats to remove runies.

It's absolutely great but you might want to check out Back to Nature/64 first.

What is that?
I don't feel positively about using cheats.

Thanks.

runies are a feature of rune factory frontier, each area has a bunch of runies that interact with each other (either consumer or being consumed by each other). It's an incredibly tedious task to keep them balanced as it takes ages to suck them up and then place them in another region. You can somewhat ignore them though, but your plants won't grow as fast without optimizing the regions, I personally didn't worry about them too much and managed to finish the game without spending too much time on it, but if your autism doesn't allow this you're going to end up getting burned out by it pretty quickly.

Also rune factory is the better series by far in terms of game mechanics. The farming and social mechanics are more fleshed out than HM even though it's the series that is supposed to concentrate on that shit, it also has the jrpg element which is mostly about harvesting better materials to make better gear and literally doing anything you want to level up. If you don't want / like jrpg elements then I would suggest playing any harvest moon before the 3d's titles. I feel like the 3ds titles are boring and far too grindy, which is a feat, considering I enjoy all the series before the 3ds titles (except for the obvious shit ones)

I wouldn't recommend a wonderful life as the starting point since it's so different from the other games in the series. I would try out 64/BTN or fomt first.

Good to know. Thanks.

A Wonderful Life is the absolute best IMO, and a top personal fave of mine.

Friends of Mineral Town is still the best entry point though, very orthodox and very addictive.

Start with Magical Melody or Animal Parade.

I would recommend the PSP port of BTN if any user wants to try out the female route, the psp version is the only one that has the translated version of it.

why not Real Lives

Depends on whether you want to just goof around and make your own fun or have structured gameplay. Animal Crossing is good for the former, go with either the gamecube or 3DS version. Harvest Moon for the latter. 64, PS1, GBA are similar enough that you can't go wrong with any of them. Rune factory never appealed to me since the monster fighting completely defeated the purpose of what Harvest Moon was going for as a game.

Even the worst Rune Factory game is far superior to any non-Rune Factory life sim.

You can't get married and have kids with your neighbors in Animal Crossing, so how is it a life simulator?

I remember seeing a couple of games like this user? Is there much appeal? Is it f2p?

Postal 2

That's too specific, it's only a San Francisco 2017 simulator.

Real Life (TM)~ aka Go Outside

You are never going to get married and have kids in real life, seems like a good approximation.

If you decide on Animal Crossing, play Population: Growing! (Gamecube). It may have less neighbors, less furniture sets, fewer things to collect for the museum, and fewer civic buildings compared to its sequels (most people also find the acre transitions to be irritating), but it still is better in a number of ways. Holidays are directly based on actual holidays instead of Communist bullshit, doing small tasks for your neighbors lets you kill time and collect stuff for your house, and the dialogue the NPCs and 6 personality types of villagers have is far more intelligent as well as more varied and entertaining.

Oh, so this is gamecube version of animal crossing. Why you are saying gamecube version is better than city folk? And what's the difference between population: growing and normal animal crossing on gamecube/n64? Is population growing just a EU title of it?
Because i got addicted a little to city folk for wii for a while right now.

Fantasy Life is the only correct answer.

You fucked up son.
I would fucking kill for a dungeon crawling version of this game.