Elona: Teach me senpai edition

Lets have another

The last thread went pretty fast so lets have another. Get killed by magic wielding assholes, nuke the city your child got pregnant, preform back ally abortions with bottles of acid, enjoy delicious dragon milk, get killed by roving bandits, and starve to death in a random wilderness tile!

>The game
dropbox.com/sh/rjtmd247d6c6uma/ZCkmq9DI6J
1.70 is the most recent version of elona+. Elona is a game made by some jap named Noa. Elona plus is a mod of that game made by Ano.

mega.nz/#!txBSyDxQ!CB-S175ZQvzF0DBAEVFbGLzIeTSjT2yfztIRfTH1qCk

This brings about some quality of life changes and general improvements to the game as well as letting you customize things like pet AI, highly recommended. I believe you just extract the game to the elona main folder and launch from the coffee cup icon. Made by some qt named annabannana and more recently taking up the torch a guy named bloodyshade.

Ton of good info for new and old players alike
pastebin.com/T2RCwdh8
pastebin.com/vmW2qYkD

A jap roguelike with an overworld and no permadeath. Can be played a ton of different ways like being a farmer who grows magic items as well as veggies, a piano player, and there's some new necromancy shit that was added. There is a ton of shit to do in the game.

Can be a bit grind heavy once you get settled though. Join in on the fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/
volafile.org/r/dgxvckyc
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Sleep
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Food
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Green_God_Thorn
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Special_action_(Elona+)
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ranged_Weapons
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014
bloodyshade.no-ip.org:42333/ElonaCustom/
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ally
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_NPC
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Shift_cores
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's no blacksmithing?

bumping with most optimized kike route and how2waifu

Yes, this is indeed the most optimized route.

The only equipment crafting skill is tailoring

Custom sprites are cool, my little girl is now a qt loli maid with a chain-sword thing.

Also is there any other way to increase attribute potentials besides investing in magic shops and hoping they stock potions of potential? I think I'll have trouble getting blessed water to bless them all and not doing so would seem like a waste to me

kek

Sleeping whenever possible, preferrably in a good bed like happy bed.
Eating high quality food.
Having pets with the cooking skill be around you when you sleep at night.
Monthly trainers that visit your home when you have a working maid.

You can make spears and lightsabers (!) with carpentry

You can bless a stack of items with one bottle of water. Potential potions, attribute scrolls, and flying scrolls are the best things to bless, so don't worry about finding something better.

Which god is best god and why is it large butt Dominatrix?

Would really like to see this skill added as a mod, or maybe a future update.

Keep in mind that blessed water blesses a entire STACK of items

Heres that sprite replacement. I forget how to use it.

Does she have one?

The holy well in Noyel gains 1 charge every even month. It does not have negative effects like a normal well, and VERY commonly increases one attribute's potential by 100%.

I forgot to hire a maid, better get on that right now. Pretty sure I can afford the upkeep.

well that's convenient

I'll have to visit that on my next cargo trip

Oh, and forgetting the most important one of all: guild trainers.

Once per month your home can be visited by a trainer from your guild who will offer to train you in an attribute associated with that guild for plat. Requires a maid.

This is reason why new players don't perform around guards.
Instant-kill.

If I change cave into something else, will Etherwind affect my house?

Don't try to mix any potion with the holy well in order to refill it when dry. It will ruin it.
It refills automatically very slowly

your house is always safe from etherwind. Usually the best thing to do when etherwind starts is to immediately cast Return, as the charge up time is much less than the time spent traveling even one tile on the world map.

Anyone got a level 40-50 character they could maybe share?
I like elona but the early game is so goddamn bad

Why is my game crashing as soon as I finish creating a character?

Any suggestion on what to do home while waiting for it to start?

Get a load of this faggot.
They made the early game stuff much cheaper and easier now.
Not to mention, it's the early game that shapes your character's build, role, team and arsenal.

Try compatibility mode with wtih windows 7.

I'm on Windows 7 though.

What did they change from older versions?

Also got this;

HspError 12 WinError 2 Ver 2950 Mode 5efId 0 efP 0 Area 0/0ci 0#68 ti 0#466 cc 0#0 tc 0#0 rc 0#03. del_userTemp ct:02. del_userNpc ct:01. userNpc_update:Replace bmp ct:00. Music ct:0* invalid chara position 0#0(0/0) max(0/0)Sorry.

Stop being faggot. Git gud.

Training machine, reading skillbooks or training spells. Make sure you have enough of food though.

I think you should try reinstalling it.

I overlapped the Elona Custom files with the Elona+ ones.

better items in shops,
cheaper prices for identifying, uncursing, etc
easier to make money with easy to get early items
seminar that should be helpful for newbies, but is untranslated yet gives you a quite powerful, easy mode pet for begginners
bronze coins
sharing food with pets and etc.

I was talking about BEFORE the etherwind kicks in, but I guess it fine just casting return just when it starts.
Does it etherwind affect you while inside dungeons?

you did it backwards
elona+ is and updated version of elona, custom is an addon to it
you install elona+ then elona custom over it

No wait, I worded that wrong. That's exactly what I did.

lmao

What are bronze coins? Also, what's with that easymode pet? And sharing food? Dang, I've been away for a while

the seminar gives you a pet???

How long ago was that Elona thread image made? I can't recall but that was before the servers went down.
Some of my stuff appears there

Never play around high level characters, they are harder to please.

Sorry.
No, etherwind don't affects you in dungeon.

If you overwrited Elona Custom files with these from Elona+, you fucked up.

No no, what I meant was, I did overwrite the Elona+ files with the Custom ones.

Nigger you're gonna be grinding and questing until the day you or your character dies in elona.

Bronze coins you use to do some stuff like upgrading your shopkeeper, substitutes platinum to do some shit like upgrading your cargo limit, get better meals at inns, etc.
Sorry not an easy mode pet, instead some freebies.
Sharing foods allow you to double the nutrition of a rank5 or higher food item with a pet

Wait, no, I goofed, you need to get him with an astral pen, he gives lots of freebies tough and I didn't know that.

Dude, you're better off trying a clean reinstall, trying create an char with elona+ without custom. And if it continues, ask about it in the elona wikia forum. I think that's where the Custom devs lurk.

Did you followed all these instructions on elonawiki?

Pick one.

I know, but I've gone through the beggining stuff so much that it's not fun at all. Thanks for the info tho, aren't those bronze coins the things you'd trade with garrot or am I thinking about something else?

The beggining is fine, just don't pick tourist or snail and you're set.

And no, there are gold coins or small medals, like the ones in dragon quest that you trade for those items, platinumcoins that you use to train yourself, and broze coins used for some assorted shit, still not many uses but it's easy as fuck to get them.

Okay so, I think I figured out why it's fucking up.

I'm trying to setup the Elona chat as shown in the OP, and I restored the config and server files back to stock, and I can load my game fine.

Bronze coins are the hardest to get after small medals. You ONLY get them from harvest time quests if you at least double the quota, and only 1. Otherwise they can be found randomly on the ground, but only rarely.

you also get a bunch for free as salary

Good point, still harder than plat though

This well just poisoned me then spawned a pawn. No negative effects my ass

OK PERMANENT negative effects. I don't think the holy well will permanently reduce your attributes or give you a bad mutation

It can give you shit, but its very rare compared to the good stuff.

Yeah, platinum is pretty easy to get later on, but the biggest point of the bronze coins isn't to be easy to get(altough, early on its easier to get, and even later on, it's free unlike the platinum unless you have yacatect stuff), it's to save platinum/gold on stuff that previously needed it, like the upgrade to the cargo and the training of the shopkeeper.

I was able to drink from it like 6 times before it dried up and I got fuck all besides poisoned and a monster popping out of it. Maybe I've just got shit luck

Remember that it's the holy well behind the church, not the shitty one at the center of town.
If you DID drink from that one, then you have shit luck.

Yep, it was that one, I checked the wiki to make sure I was drinking from the right well

some pretty bad luck then, try again next month

So I decided to test the well 40 times and record what happened. Turns out you can get a bad mutation, very rarely.

Paralyze
Confuse
Wish
Potential Charisma
Potential Perception
Confuse
Potential Magic
Nothing
Paralyze
Monster
Potential Learning
Potential Learning
Paralyze
Potential Will
Pregnant
Wish
Confuse
Gold
Potential Will
Paralyze
Potential Will
Potential Will
Potential Strength
Potential Magic
Potential Perception
Potential Charisma
Paralyze
Poison
Sleep
Nothing
Nothing
Potential Learning
Nothing
Potential Constitution
Potential Constitution
Sleep
Mutation
Potential Strength
Gold
Gold
Wish
Gold
Potential Dexterity
Potential Strength

For those having install problems try installing an older version, make your charcter on that, then port it to the new version. Thats what I did.

Just a heads up. I'm working on compiling various character/map/item bmp's. Once done i'll upload the .psd's so people can easily pick n choose w/e they want.

sweet

Do it faggit

Can I use Loose Leaf's character maker to make a player character?

Fuck you too.

geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/
You can but you need to print screen and edit the screen shot down to the character you made and to the right size (128 x 192 pixels)

You can but you need to crop out the character from a screen shot and the size needs to be 128 by 192 pixels

There was an user once that monetioned software to better play elona's music with custom soundfonts.
Problem to me was that it used almost 3Gb of RAM on the background.
Anyone know some sort of software that uses those soundfonts to "pre-render" the midis as mp3?

What are some goo genes to add to you pet via gene engineering?

Daily reminder that every god except Jure and Yacatect is either insane, wants to take over the world, or is probably evil.

Mani is pretty cool too.

Ehekatl is the harmless kind of insane though, also

all the genes

All of them, get swimming from hermit crabs in wildy, also pickpocket and gene engineer are pretty nice, slaves in derphy should have em, the earlier you gene edit the skills onto the pets the longer they'll be able to train them.

What do pickpocket and gene engi even do on pets?

Pets with pickpocket get a portion of the gold from enemies when they kill (which they'll automatically use to train their potential when you return to town, saves some manual work), and pets with gene engineer gather materials from defeated enemies which you can receive from them by talking to them.

Gene engineer isn't the only thing that causes them to gather materials. That should also apply to mining, fishing, gardening, alchemy and jewelcrafting.

Ah yeah, you can get fishing from putits so that's pretty easy, I think the nurses you buy from derphy slave trader give gene editing, he also sells elea wizards which can give you alchemy and jewelcrafting, whichever's easiest.

Just got a third God Heart. I think I'm going to go evolve a golden goose as a support pet. Platinum Song sounds OP

Anyone good with elosnack? I need to double check what bitflags the Moai has as a pet.

Whats a good weapon for my golden bell pet?

What's the easiest way to go about becoming immortal?

Nice chest, slut.

Since you are probably early game, I'd just go with a Longbow or a Machine Gun. The Wind Bow is pretty OP here.

Bells can be pretty good with martial arts too, but that takes some time to develop and absolutely requires a bit of extra life.

Which town has the highest concentration of party time quests? Its not Lumiest as I had assumed.

Palmia maybe? Party time quests are everywhere, I think Palmia just has more total quests than most.

yeah Palmia's the place to go for Party Time!

So, besides storage houses, and the dimensional mirrors, are there any ways to store items besides dropping them on the ground? I keep running out of storage space fast.

Do you really need to keep everything? Maybe the reason you ran out of space is because of all the jubk you're keeping.

Bookshelf can store up to 100 stacks of scrolls or books. It only works in your house and more shelves don't increase the limit.
Rack of Potions works the same as a bookshelf, but only stores 60 potions or other liquids
Showcase of Breads stores 20 stacks of breads
A Fridge can store a small number of food item stacks, with the added benefit that those items will never spoil

Improving your house allows you to store more items in it
You can add additional floors to your house with an upstairs or downstairs furniture item (can only be bought at the Festival of Jure). Each floor can store the same number of items as the house it was built on. Note that the new floor does NOT come with a staircase back to the main level. The only thing it comes with is a rope to hang yourself with, make sure you buy stairs in pairs.

Remember that all item storage limits are in STACKS, so try to stay organized enough that all of the same item is in the same place.

Worth noting there are at least two different kinds of bookshelf. The "tidy bookshelf" is useless.

HOW VERY DESCRIPTIVE

Lots of items have no description at all.

Scroll of name changes the name of a randomly generated artifact (named non-unique equipment). In the past it has been useful for forcing the game to re-randomize certain lists, but that no longer works.

I spent the last 4 hours training my goose so that she would be more than dead weight. She still doesn't do much damage, but at least now she can use both Platinum Song AND Cheer.

Yes I need it all, I wouldn't ask otherwise obviously.

Nice. did not know about the festival of jure for houses, other than the kaneda bike. And I got a fridge but haven't found a proper bookshelf yet, just flavor shelfs. Thanks user.

It's a scroll that lets you rename an item.

Do those items share inventory? It'd be nice to leave shelters across the map and use them to drop off books and potions.

Yes but they can only be opened up in certain places.

I just remember being new to the game and keeping millions of unneeded potions and scrolls which clutter storage space, thought you may be doing the same. Don't forget the bandit hideout in Vernis can also be used as safe storage if you're low on gold/opportunities.

Since most links seem to be dead, and those that do work are outdated.. Went ahead and fixed that shit.

>13305709

They can only be opened in your home or in the maid mansion (effectively your second home in act 2).

also, does anyone know where the evochat graphic stuff is located?

It's fine now. I upgraded from my cave to an estate and got a few new storage houses. I've been organizing everything this entire time. Took a while tbh. Strangely relaxing.

Whats a good upper limit to shoot for when talking about attributes?
After some intense grinding I managed to get all my attributes to 20 with hopeless potential.

search for "ambient" in the game's folder.

oh man. Most character can start with 17 or 18 in their choosen atributes.
20 is still pretty low.
They go up to 200 or something for reference.
I haven't finished the main-game, but last time I asked that question, someone told me to aim for 100 in North Tyris and latter 150-200 in South Tyris.

Make sure you sleep in a good bed and eat good food.

trash

Every standard race starts with the "martial arts" skill which is the unarmed skill. Martial arts also governs damage with claws, tonfas and shields. Funnily enough unarmed has the highest damage potential in the game if you are willing to grind it. It also has a piercing mechanic, up to an amazing 50%. In Elona+, martial artists can also multihit up to 8 times per attack.
It is a long and risky grind however. Since you don't have a weapon equipped you lose out on it's bonusses. This includes accuracy bonusses. Unarmed also has a large damage range and with less accuracy, your damage is going to be inconsistent. Your best bet will be to equip a claw and level up Martial arts as much as you can before switching to pure unarmed.

So there is no standard fist class but if you start as a Warrior and unequip your weapon, you can be the class you desire.

So what's a good first purchase when it comes to small medals? I was thinking of getting the Sage's Helm for invisibility detection, but I'm wondering if it's worth saving a little longer and getting Diablo, instead?

Why. Does it give you penalties or is flat fists that much better further down the line?

Attributes and skills are capped at 2000.

pure barehand can hit more and for more but takes time to get going, early on using a claw will outdamage it and the stats on them are useful but later they become outclassed.

Whats with my cute fairy gifting me artifact gear everytime I wake up?

She has tailoring skill and high relationship score with you. It only works when you wake up in morning.

Alright you faggotmunch piece of shit, I have over the ages, since 1.55 downloaded everything Elona Related in terms of Sprites to improve upon default, and In addition, by power of autism, I also went out of my way to get images of of deviant art and PixV when I did this, also, with fucking Files in my Holla Forums folder, a shitload of saved crap in the actual game folder, and another fuckload of shit in this other folder I had.

In addition to this, I had a .PSD file where I was doing exactly what you're describing (But I didn't detail it well, and did some minor edits/customizations to sprites (namely Great Old Ones) and in addition to this, had the Autism to noice Elonas sprite sheets are all fucking based on RPGMaker XP (ETc RPG maker sprite sheets) sprites and are adaption/ if not outright Edits of these, so Iwent around Deviant art and a fuckload of sources I cannot hope to fucking list downloading spritesheets that looked perfect to be adaptable to Elona, and I made quite a lot of work for myself.

The end result is that since 1.55 and I stopped giving a shit and now it's so much over the fucking place even I cannot hope to dexribver it all to you, but I've put it in this fucking file, and I expect you to download it and take on my burdens.

In addition to this, You've got a Final Fantasy Mindflays PCC spritesheet, Ainz Ooal Gown, and some other shit you'll appreciate.

As I am Lore Autism- I was working towards coherant visible sprites that were a direct improvement on vanilla whilst still staying in similar artstyle and not going fullshitbitch weeb and crap.

There's even Shena's bare ass.
So download this shit and enjoy sorting this crap out, and I expect you to upload this elsewhere whilst keeping track of Elona threads on Half/jp/, because they usually have more shit than you due to posting speeds or some crap, like hidden gems of sprite sheets.

Lastly, Elona+ Is great with VirtualMIDIsynth Soundfonts.

Except the fucking Eloma .MIDI's are too short, and because of this, they always cause a pause when they fuckign loop when this program is active.

IF you can extend Elona's .MIDI files, that would stop this issue.
volafile.org/r/dgxvckyc

Sorry, should've explained that better. First of, the multihit passive i talked about only works when completely unarmed and for it to truely shine you have to be at a very high melee level.
Secondly, the way claws work is that they add damage to whatever melee or ranged damage roll you do. After a good long while of grinding, simply not having a claw equipped will give you better damage rolls.

There's also some stuff that i'm not quite sure about. I'm assuming Dual wielding and Two-handed have no bearing on unarmed damage. There's also the huge crit modifier Martial arts get but i'm not sure how high it is and if it only works for completely unarmed attacks.

Like, I said, it's been ages, and the idea behind it was to get a nicer looking Custom Vanilla version that wasn't a sheet that used much ado a single waifu in place of what the game presented, but if I was to take it up again, it'd take fucking ages.

I also have templates for PCC creation portrait creation and other stuff in there too, with the right dimensions, but as I said, it is all over the fucking place.

Where can I buy deeds?
I saw some deeds for ranch and stuffs in general vendor but no shack or cozy home. Do I need to invest in his shop?

Try the embassy, it has two furniture sellers and two deed sellers. General vendors will also have the occasional deed or two but the embassy is by far the easiest option.

just roam around a bit so that they reset their inventories.
Investing will help

Go to embassy. Building above Palmia.
Also it's the place you need to go to pay taxes.

Also, I just got 1.70 and it crashes on exit. What is causing this?

Try running it in win7 compat mode

Nope, still fucked.

Well it works for me ( ° ʖ °)

How does permadeath work

if you die in game you die in real life

Do you mean mode with permadeath?
If your character dies, your save is deleted.
Other modes do not have one.

Shield Tonfa, turns whoever wield it into an invincible tank. Works best with someone who already has the cArmour or cMetal bit like the Android god pet.

I knew this game will have a lot of grinding since I played it a week ago but I never thought it will be too damn grindly. I can't help but feel a little discouraged.

Don't worry these 100 points are easy to get, when you do everything and have each skill unlocked.
Just keep their potentials on Good.

easier said than done.

wut

On my first file way back when, I cleared N. Tyris with only 60 or so in the relevant stats (wizard build). This is a roguelike; fighting intelligently and being prepared can let you hit far above your weight class.

I've had my eyes on that item… Is it possible to get multiple ones?

Yeah, seeing late game stuff or characters stronger than ours, specially on the same level or part of the game is pretty frustrating.
But keep in mind that this game isn't very balanced and intended to be played for fun in a "make your own adventure kind of way", tourist and snail are a testament to that.
Pet balance is also funny, some pets are clearly much better than others, baby dragons and bells come to mind.

Not that hard actually, by the time you have a happy bed and a pet that can cook you just need to have a healthy life and sleep often, preferrably at night and it will be fine

Also this.
Don't forget you can have up to 15 pets helping you or have great gear for you and your pets.

I can easily keep them on Good (sometimes even Great) by sleeping and eating.
Get an Happy Bed as soon as you can.
Failling that, there's two great beds.
The Royal Bed (that you can buy or just sleep in the Palmia's King bed, he won't mind) and the coffin (small room in palmia, east of the Inn).
Cupids may drop an HappyBed and some vendors might sell it. Can't find it? Invest in vendors.
Sleeping alone will increase your potential as long as you do it as often as you can (drink coffee only when you need to finish a dungeon or some shit, sleeping is GREAT for you).
At the begining, it pays off to buy food from vendors. Good food mind you. Buy a portion for you and one for each pet.
Later down the line, you can pick up cooking (and complement it with fishing/farming) or just investing in food shops will have them sell Tier 5 food.
Food is EVEN BETTER than sleeping when it comes to increasing your stats. Same goes for decreasing it: don't eat random crap. Always eat good food.
This is a common trope in jap games user, food is the core of the game. Look at Dragon's Crown.

And here's a super-duper secret for easy stat grind. Get a farm. Get a juicer. Put juicer in farm. Harvest everything. Juice it. Drink it non-stop.
Yes, it gives less stats than cooking (if you have a stove nearby, cook it instead) but:
a)no need for cooking skill
b)UNLIMITED DRINKING
That's right. You can only eat 2-3 meals before you're full, but juice? Shit can be quaffed by the galons. Try juicing 200 fruit pieces, quaffing it all down and see what happens.
Bonus: you're also training constituion on that farming business.

Well that kind explains it. You don't need a lot of stats to be a good wizard and a good wizard can take on shit much more powerfull than he his with a good set of pets.
Also, yeah, good players can finish N. Tyris with 40 or 50 on each stat.
I'm talking to the guy like he's new to the game. if he grinds up to 100, N. Tyris becomes a cakewalk.
He's always welcome to try finishing it earlier though and just write aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in the death message.

Nope, they're 'precious' items, so any additional ones you get will turn into Stardust, (which you can use to enchant your weapons/armor).

None of that shit affects stat potentials. You're giving out tips to raise the stats, not the potentials.

Not really.
Happy beds are easy to get from cupids.
I got 3 of them.
Farm is cheap and harvest time quest sometimes give herb seeds, which give major boosts if your gardening skill is high enough.

Only usable on artifacts though.

The best pet I've had so far was a firedrake I tamed.
I once took him on a farming mission.
Some putits showed up and he breathed fire on them hitting all the vegetables.
Amazingly, he turned all the vegetables in pudding and ice-cream.
After the initial "OMG" I grew to love the guy. He insta-cooked corpses on every dungeon I visited. I just picked them up and as soon as some enemy showed up, I'd throw a corpse at it. No damage, but the dragon fire cooked it and I'd have a nice meal afterwards.
Should have called it Grilling Drake for that.

>elona.wikia.com/wiki/Sleep
It affects all of them.

Yeah, I tought so…
I guess 50 small medals for a stardust isn't a very good of a deal, eh.

That is a dream which has a 0.33% chance of happening and can affect either a skill or an attribute.

Well, alright. You got me.
But you can't deny the power of food:
Food was MADE for attribute potential.

Why does my game crash when i press a number key? 1>0

No idea, Mine seems to crash it I let it sit to long.
Those who are having trouble getting it to run, try using last released version of plus and custom. That works fine.

Does enabling skip random events cause me miss out on any rewards?

Do specific foods raise specific potentials, or can I just gorge on anything of a sufficiently high enough tier level? My potentials are pretty fucked right now so I'd like to fix this ASAP.

Yes.
No free spell stocks, no attributes and skills potential bonus rise, no statue of Ehekatl, no free materials and bonuses to Meditation, Faith and Regeneration.
On second hand not losing money to thieves and no losing positive mutations and resistances.

Both of you are wrong.

Sleep gives a small bonus to all potentials every time you sleep, but is dependent on the quality of the bed.

Food does nothing to attribute potential. The only exceptions are picnic baskets, pet breakfasts, and herb-in food.

At your level your best bet is to get a pet with cooking, and sleep alot, having her cook breakfast for you every morning.

Get a pet with cooking, sleep at around 9PM whenever you can (you start feeling "sleepy" ~every 2 days or so), you'll get a cooking event with your pet when you wake up that boosts your potentials. Also, checkout this list elona.wikia.com/wiki/Food

Read throught that page.
Every food type raises 3 diferent states, with some raising only two.
Cooking is fuckawesome skill because of that.
Failling that, have loads of money, dump it on food shops (remember to invest 50 times at once, save up the money) and once they reach rank 120 or so, you'll start finding some great food for sale.
Throw a few banquets for you and your party, fish in village or fuck around doing anything else till you're hungry and repeat.
Food is fucking amazing. And you can't go fat.

Food raises stats, not potentials.

Also the 3 other ways are: get a maid at your house, and every month a guild trainer will come buy that you can buy potential from for platinum. Repeatedly burn down wells (not the holy well) to reset them and quaff for potential. Get a magic vendor for your house and invest every last bit of gold you have in her. After a few hundred shop ranks, you should start seeing potions of potential. This is obviously pretty expensive.

Ok I played around a bit and found few good ways to raise potential.
Get a pot of fusion, alchemy kit, a house with a maid and loads of platinum coins.
Get a farm with loads of herbs, change your god to the farming one and get ready to train your cooking and gardening until you can make "Herb in" from pot of fusion. Only eat Herb food. It raises potential of attributes by 1% while training them by 800 and unlike most other edibles isn't dependent on your degree of satiation.
While you are doing this, you'll want to grind alchemy to 40(to make potions of potential) using the junk make fusion and save any scrolls of gain material. Another good recipe to grind is Barley and wheat.
Don't use an alchemy kit to grind alchemy, it isn't worth it. Instead drink any uncursed and non damaging potions.
The most reliable method to raise potentials is the maid method. Every month you can get a guild trainer visit to your house if you have a maid. The trainer can train your attribute potentials. The type of trainer depends on the guild you belong to. If you don't belong to any guild then you'll have a random chance of getting a trainer from any three guilds.

Sleep is all attribute potentials every time you sleep. It says something about "raised your potentials by X%" at the end, that is the total amount that it raised all 8 attribute potentials. The dream of potential is for skills.

Guild trainer offers 100% in one attribute per month.

Another way to train potentials is to make Large Picnic Baskets (also from fusion). The ingredients are one large basket (made from 3 small baskets or left behind whenever you consume a picnic basket), and one of every type of cooked food except noodles. That's 1 bread, 1 fruit, 1 vegitable, 1 meat, 1 egg, and 1 fish. The basket adds it's quality level to all stat potentials, and it's quality is based on the combined rank of every food item added to the basket. I don't know whether that's the total or average rank.

The maid mansion in act 2 will give you two +7 baskets for free every month, provided you show up to take them after the 10th and the 20th.

Oh, I forgot to mention the picnic basket raises the potentials of your ENTIRE PARTY by that amount. Pets are easy to train anyway, but it's a nice bonus if you have a lot of them.

Is this it?

They must have changed it, I was looking at wiki, my bad.

Actually no, your version is different

Oh I see, you aren't using Elona Custom. In the base Elona+ "Essential Oil" is also misnamed to Large Picnic Basket. Custom fixes the name issue.

If you need massive quantities of drinkable (useless) potions, fusion recipe of junk make (in E+custom creates dirty water. Just keep putting the other 3 outputs (dead fish, worthless gold, and broken vases) into the input and you can convert any other item into dirty water this way.

Nobody wanna shed some light on this?

Not really sure what you're expecting to be said.

I'm jelly. Never figured out a good way to get eggs produced at anywhere near the rate I got herbs/fruit/veggies.

Your about to be more jealous, those are my cooked, herbed eggs. I use eggs for herb food because they never rot and I can produce exactly the same type in large quantities so they stack better.

what is a good way to acquire bottles of water?

I just herb curaria.

I was using this to farm rabbit tails, but I gave up on that and got rid of the breeder. Most of those probably have "eggs coming out of the wazoo" because I know the breeder did.

If you use the rubbing special action on a creature on a ranch while you have a big brush in your inventory it will tell you what special inheritable traits they have. Each trait has 3 ranks. Generally speaking the offspring can go 1 rank in either direction, so if you have a breeder who "looks adept at laying eggs" (rank 1), you could have offspring who are "adept at laying many eggs" or not at all. Then you swap breeders for the "many eggs" and look for someone with "out the wazoo". Also kill the bad ones.

Chickens have a natural bonus for laying eggs on top of this.

Once you have enough to populate the ranch you can dismiss the breeder and save the pet slot, or move him to a different ranch and have multiple for a single pet slot.

You can't share a meal with your pets with Curarias, it has to be a cooked food of at least rank 5. Sharing a meal is great because you BOTH get the "nutrition" value, and pets of course get a massive multiplier to nutrition as well. I share ALL my meals unless I run out for some reason.

Is there a cap on the number of animals you can have at a ranch?

I don't know if there's a hard cap. The more you have though the slower they breed.

I believe each different species has a cap based on their breed power.

I found a Sunbararia helm randomly on a Hunting job and apparently it's pretty rare according to the wiki. I'm assuming that I wont be able to do so now, but is there some way down the line to negate the bloodsucking effect? It seems like a pretty awesome piece of equipment besides that effect.

Maybe if you have a high enough healing skill just to ignore it. Nice side effect of bloodsucking is that it constantly trains your healing.

Maybe something like, "I agree," or someone knows of a mod for blacksmithing. I can't just make a character that starts with carpentry, tailing, gemmaking, etc.

How much healing should I have for it not to kill me? The "sucks the blood of the user" effect has (##) if that helps

It's better for training pets, the bloodsucking would constantly interrupt your own actions.

Test it, it's not that dangerous if you stay in safe places.

I could be wrong about this, but finishing the main quest in act 1 immediately timeskips 3 years. I think your breeders reproduce for the entire 3 year period, so it pretty much instantly fills all your active ranches. I'm pretty sure that's how I ended up with so many rabbits.

I wear that along with elona.wikia.com/wiki/Green_God_Thorn constantly to train my healing, it's really not a much of a problem.

Plop it on your head and let it suck away.

In roughly 6 hours, I've taken my goose from starting level (most attributes

Word of advice:
DO NOT HIT THE NUM LOCK KEY WHILE THE GAME IS OPEN

This fucked up my inputs hardcore

Every time. There should be a popup whenever it starts so you don't take an extra step

The worst part about etherwind is that the potions always cure 2 or even 3 when blessed. It feels like a waist to cure just 1 and if you have a good one you have to wait for a third even if the second is really bad.

Rain and mana battery are great for me, feathers is good early because it's better than most cloaks at that point

So, to install Elona Custom, I just drag n drop?

Yeah

How do I deal with my stupid waifu being alien pregnant?

Make her drink poison or sulfuric acid, it'll kill the baby (and damage her a bit).

Actually, a potion of restore body seemed to work.

Just have them drink dye or poison to fix it.

Throwing the Poison, Acid, or Dye works as well

Is it possible to make a pet use the player-style sprite? I notice that you can use a Dresser to "make up" your pet which shows what the pet WOULD look like with equipment, but it has no actual effect

Holy shit, I tried to free up her inv space by taking some of those engagement stuff away, but she was psychotic enough to swallow a ring. What the fuck?

Pets do that with engagement jewelry and a few other gift items like handmade chocolates. Giving it to them boost their relation, but trying to take it destroys the item and hurts the relationship even more.

it's a sign of their love

Been playing around in config.txt

Seems that
windowW. "1280"
windowH. "768"
Is max for fullscreen, any higher and you end up with a window. havent yet tried to force fulscreen via 3rd party

Tried customizing hotkeys but it seems some are hardcoded. Any info on this? Are controllers more configurable? Guess ill try to optimize via ahk..

Welcome to elona where monsters taste bad and you'd rather be eating humans.
Also, this.

Looks nice. Got a couple of more questions;

How does one "entertain" at party quests? And is there a way to 'bless' a weapon to improve it's stats? Like, I got this Good Glass Halberd, but the hit rate is -1.

Shift+W - Dance/Preach (sexy dance feat)
Or play an instrument. Not that familiar with it tbh, i just dance for moneys.

Okay, and what about "harvest time" quests?

Play a musical instrument. There's always a piano laying around, but you can bring your own. Preaching works too, if you're really good, but gives smaller rewards.
Weapon salesmans can reinforce weapons, and blessed water can bless them.

Preaching, Sexy Dance (feat), and any sort of Performance. The BEST would be the perform special action "Ensemble" which combines your perform skill with half of your pets total.

No matter what, your skill value needs to be high relative to the level of whoever is in the audience or they will throw rocks at you, interrupting your performance. Sexy Dance uses Charisma and awards no money, Preaching uses faith and awards only gold, and performing with an instrument uses the performance skill and awards the most gold, points, and also some random items thrown to you by the crowd.

Also worth noting that your skills only train if you complete the action. If someone throws a rock at you for trying to play the piano you wasted your time completely.

Yo, what's "following me" into my dream?

Collect crops from npc farm, there is a time limit. Best early-game method of getting seeds.
Take note of where you spawn there should be a box where you're supposed to deposit the crops before time runs out.
A good idea is to use * targeting mode to find the biggest crops, be quick and efficient.
Most likely you fail the first bunch of times, keep trying you'll xp enough to succeed eventually.

Entertaining means using the Perform skill to play an instrument. Warning: if you haven't spent a good while training it people will throw rocks at you.

You can't directly improve the base stats themselves (except with something like a superior material scroll, but that's just replacing the material instead of directly boosting the stats), but you can increase the enchantment rating at a blacksmith which provides bonuses to accuracy and damage.

Blessing (which is different than enchanting) can also be done by dipping gear in blessed bottles of water (not dirty water). Blessed equipment provides bonuses and helps protect from curses, among other things.

wat do

Actually you can use a Craft Repair Kit to max out the base stats (damage, hit, and DV/PV). The maximum achievable value depends on the item type (eg is it a pope robe or just a robe?), the material (Superior isn't always better, the highest combined DV/PV comes from Griffon Scale), and the rarity, the max stats for a or {godly} item are much much higher than for a bad/good/great item.

Compatibility mode windows 7

Was that from the pack i linked? Can't help if you don't detail what ya did.

I'm remembering all the times I ignored craft repair kits because I didn't know they did that.

Yeah, elona plus + custom 1.70 and your pack.

That would be your god.
You have an "it catches signals from god" item on, yes?

Etherwinds only happens once in the first 10 days of each month that is a multiple of 3. Just prepare accordingly.

Give wings and fire/coldproof blankets to your pets and order them to not mess with items on their feet.
Tough luck on the mutation, avoid sleeping on shit beds. Don't worry, it's not permanent.

I'm pretty sure you can also entertain without performer by using the fascination dance skill.
I think that one purely runs off of Charisma.

Not from what I can see…

try

Right-click .exe, compatibility, drop-down menu ect~

All my stat potentials are Hopeless, what do I do with them?

It gets better

Take a Great quality item, that's a non-artifact item with a special modifier, like "x of fire" or "servants x". Use Scrolls of change material/superior material to get the desired material type, then go to Garroks workshop and buy "garroks hammer" for 48 small coins and use it on the item. It is now a quality item (the hammer adds a specific enchantment depending on the slot). Then use the Craft Repair Kit. Then later on use the result in Artifact Fusion. Technically not the BEST equipment you can get in the game (would need to start with a {Godly} item), but it's close.

Do you have the unknown shell/beautiful shell item equipped?
That's the most common source of it.

It works now, thanks!

← this this

Oh, looks like I don't have a perfom skill.

Earn plat from easy hunt missions then find a trainer, every town should have one.

Stupid Eythist

Actually…

Ok so you are just too new. Preaching unlocks at 30 faith, and as long as you have a god who isn't Eyth your faith goes up practically every time you sleep (most common dream increases faith)

Actually, I've played this game in the past when attention to it was picking up steam. I just haven't exactly delved into every in-an-out that I need to know. And even if I did know certain things, I've forgotten them over time by now.

Manlets, when will they learn.

I have a doggo for my airhead mage, I'm thinking of another pet. I'm a wizard and would like another fighter, maybe something uncommon for fun. Any suggestions? I was thinking a golem or a spirit.

i just started playing this game yesterday, but 1 thing i found out that i hate is that u cant saved the game b4 u start doing some risky shits

get a load of this fucking casual

elonaplus1.70/user/graphic2

Something unusual, how about a Hand of the Murderer or similar Hand enemy? They cast Draw Shadow and Mist of Frailness with a Melee AI.

Welp, my "little girl" is now stuck. She won't follow me either, after I changed her conversation portrait. What do?

Use whatever you find cool, or use a scroll of ally and roll with anything that comes.

It's a roguelike, faggot, get used to it
just use task manager to savescum

get a pudding spirit

Custom has an option in esc menu>tweeks>gameplay tweaks to "reenable save scumming". Lets you F1 save F2 load with no autosaves except on exit.

thank you I didn't know that

Well shit. Do I have to wait a billion years for more trainers to arrive?

Can't seem to do any escort missions, despite sending my pet to the bar. What do?

eat your veggies and meat faggot. Food is the best way to train stats.

You have a hard cap on followers whether thy are with you or not. You would have to release one of your pets to "make room" in your party slots.

The pet cooking you meals in the morning is really helpful for getting out of hopeless hell, and just sleeping in general in the best bed you can find (use the King's bed in Palmia if you don't have a really good bed on you yet and you're nearby it).

How are you sleeping normally? Try buying an Eastern Bed in a general store, and degrade its material with inferior material scrolls to Paper so that it's really easy to carry, then you'll have a good bed to sleep on where ever you are.

Pets waiting for you in the bar, in the shop, and in the ranch still count to your limit (1 pet every 5 charisma up to a limit of 15), you can dump pets off at the Doujou (really far south of Vernis) if you don't want them to count to the limit (much later on you can also get Discard Ranches but by that point you'll probably know your way around)

Well I do use Eastern Bed. It's kinda light anyway so I guess I'll just carry it around.
As for pet cooking, how do I make it cook? Just sleep at the house with the pot and campfire around?

Does the 140g dish option at the inn NPC work or do I have to eat bought/cooked food?

Inn food doesn't count, it just makes you full. You need meat, veggies, fruit. The good stuff man.

give this a read, it will tell you what foods do what. Your best bet is to start a garden at first and then a ranch.

The inn food does nothing

Cooked food doesn't do anything for potentials normally either (some exceptions), it just trains the attribute (grants exp multiplied by potential). Herbed food adds a very tiny amount, but that's kind of negligable as a way climb out of hopeless, it trains the hell out of your attributes though.

You gotta wake up within a certain time for their breakfast, between 4am and 9am, if you sleep at 9pm you'll usually be able to wake up in time.
Also, at least one of your pets has to know the cooking skill, Gene Editing a Rogue Wizard (which you can buy in Derphy from the Slave Trader) onto your pet should give them that skill.

One pet cooks, and the other pets contribute half of their skill each to the total skill value of the cooked meal. Unless you have one pet with MUCH higher cooking than everyone else, it's ideal to make sure all of your pets have the skill. Meal effect will vary a little depending on which pet does the main cooking but it will always be higher than otherwise

What's a good way to grind gene engineer skill? I didn't read the advice to gene engineer shit onto your pet early and now it's like level 15 and my gene engineer skill is at like 3

Gene engineer random slaves together from the slave trader in Derphy and you'll get it up really fast, make sure the potential stays above 100%.

I really should've thought of this. And hey, maybe at the end I'll have a half-decent addition to my party

For the last time, eating food doesn't fix potential. Stop giving people bad advice.

Pets at the bar or at ranches still count towards your followers. Get more charisma if you have less than 15 pets. If you have 15, abandon them or drop them off at the dojo/abandoned ranch.

Food does nothing to potential. The stuff you get for using bronze coins will give it a temporary buff, but that is only temporary.

Pets will automatically cook when you wake up if it has the cooking skill, it is morning/dawn, and if their relation is high enough.

Gene engineer is super easy to raise. Just buy a shitton of slaves from Derphy and smash them all together in your mean gene machine.

You main pets may be missing some skills so it's also a good opportunity to gather as many missing skills as possible for them!

Running through all of the pets being offered at the slave trader is probably a good idea, but a few important ones:

Yerles Machine Infantry: Marksman
Little Girl: Traveling, Performer (and several more, buy 2)
Fallen Soldier: Control Magic
Rogue Wizard: Cooking (not to be confused with Mercenary Wizard)
Wizard of Elea: Alchemy
Nurse: Gene Engineer
Public Performer: Tactics
Mercenary Archer: Tailoring

Notably absent, I don't think any slaves have the Eye of Mind or Greater Evasion skills. Look for a bat and a goblin for those, although there are lots of other monsters that have them as well.

Fairy is the best race anyway. You can minmax better as a mutant, but there's nothing quite like being an untouchable God of Magic.

Seriously, my Fairy sits at 2057% evade unbuffed (552DV). I can still go higher, even without adding body slots at Doctor Gavela

Alright lads, low level learning question, how often should I be looking to replace my gear? I'm used to trading stuff out pretty often in roguelikes with the occasional rare drop. So far though I rarely see equipment that's objectively better than what I've been using for most of my time in the game so far. I'm mostly seeing lots of small attack dice, or one big attack die, and what are essentially trade-offs in evasion and protection.

I know there was some talk earlier about scrolls of superior material and craft repair kits but that seemed a bit advance for a level 10. Am I supposed to be looking for better gear or reinforcing what I already have? And if I am trading stuff out, about how often does that actually happen?

Depends on how lucky you got to start with and how careful you pay attention to what you grab. I mostly only look at artifacts myself (anything with a name, randart or unrand).

Post a screenshot of your equip screen, I might be able to say what you have room to upgrade quickly

Whats a good wish to make? I already have an aurora ring and seven league boots.

"miromi", as in Secret Experience of Kumiromi. That'll give you a bonus feat. You can use one every 10 levels and they are pretty rare.

eh feats don't seem that valuable tbh

There are a number that are worth it. 5x+5 life/mana to start with. I wouldn't bother with the +skill feats, but a lot of them provide permanent bonuses beyond what you would normally get

Always always always spend the money to make each piece of your gear +3 at a blacksmith.

Happy Bed.

Not a good wish, just by lplaying mormally I got 5 Happy bed drops. I use them to raise the rank of my house and I don't need any other furniture because they're so valuable.

Well it depends on how far in they are. Could wish for a Dungeon so they can play Compulsive Hoarding simulator.

Compounding with , How does the damage in this system work?
I already know that 2d8 means "2 1-8 damage rolls", but how high are weapons expected to get?

Depends on the weapon and materials.
In general better materials = better damage, though you still won't want to use dawn cloth for a weapon unless it's panties I guess.
I think something like 7d11 would be on the high end of things? Really they're all over the place, especially for precious weapons. My defender has a 1d150 weapon.

Been reading that barehanded Martial Arts is the best thing for endgame, is there no way to make a better weapon than that?

If you don't have the Magical Plants feat and use Gardening at all, please reconsider your life.
Violent Garden is downright amazing.

There are god weapons but you need to kill gods to get them and they have massive disadvantages. At the same time, the sheer amount of grinding you need to do to make MA more powerful than most weapons will drive you insane. It's best not to worry about it.

A Dual Wield mutant with max hands and Two Hand can compare.
Magic gets unparalleled area-of-effect damage, especially with a pet with Megid Flame.
Ranged gets special ammo for time stop on demand and burst ammo.
So while MA has amazing raw damage output, it's not impossible to reach that level with other skills.

But this is all talking about the 2000 skill point you aren't going to be at for months, easily, and you can always change skills without changing characters, so don't worry too much.

I think the rolls don't matter that much when you have shit like 3d12 + 207.
On the other hand, I remember seeing a 1d100 somewhere. That would make for a very unpredictable play style.

The trick is that crits always roll the maximum.

I'm refering not to the body images but to that purple/blue swirl effect placed ontop

Also keep in mind that you can complete Act 3 well before you cap out stats/skills. Any weapon type is sufficient to beat the story. It only matters if you're trying to see how far your can delve into the infinite dungeon.

Can't believe it's not 100!
I gotta find whathever it was that deal 1d100 and then make a fucking crit build.

how does the damage scale on Violent garden?

With Learning and Gardening, and pretty well.
It won't fucking one-shot everything once you get to Act 2 and beyond, but it's a great room-clearer anyway.
It hits everything in sight (longer range than ball spells), ignores allies, and binds enemies for a turn on top of some serious poison damage. You can also double its damage with Fury.

It's kinda a later game weapon but look up the Pile Driver. It's a monster.
Sniper rifles in general operate with that in mind as well. They're best with the Thief class feat that makes it so your surprise attacks always crit.

FUG

I'll try to use an example. I'm not too confident on every aspect like damage modifiers, piercing and how the game rounds numbers up or down.

Let's say that i want to hit an enemy with my 2d10+2 longsword, i first have to roll for a crit. If i succeed, the attack will always hit, roll for maximum damage and get added damage. If i don't, i roll my accuracy and then the enemy rolls evasion. Since i connected but didn't crit, i roll for normal damage. For this example, a slightly above average 12+2 damage, this gets multiplied by my damage modifiers. My character has negligible modifiers so no damage gets added.
Then come Protection values. First, the game looks at the enemies effective defence or TotalPV. That is the following formula; PV + Heavy armor skill (whatever they're wearing) + Dexterity / 10. Then you get the defence rolls. That consists of the following formulas; X=100-10000/(100+PV) /// X%+YdZ. The Y and Z gradually go up as your X increases. You can see your personal Defense rolls on your character sheet next to Prot.
For the sake of simplicity, the enemy in the example has 10 TotalPV and 10%+1d4 defence rolls. First my damage roll gets subtracted by TotalPV, so 4 damage left. Then it gets 10% of it's damage reduced + the 1d4 (a 2 is rolled). Meaning we do 1-2 damage (depending on rounding) to this enemy with this particular attack. If i had a non-100% piercing percentage then something would have to be changed at the end of defence reduction but like i said before, i'm not sure how that works. Skills also have an entirely different formula and i believe a lot of individual skills have a formula that is unique to them.

The reason why unarmed is one of the best potential endgame weapons is because of the way the damage develops when you level Martial arts. The die rolls start at 2d5+1 and every 8 levels the die and plus-bonus get upgraded by 1. At rank 2000 (the maximum), a bare fisted character hits for 2d255+251 without any multipliers and with 50% pierce guaranteed. You also hit 1-8 times every time you attack. The trade off being that you need to grind for a very long time and your accuracy is kinda bad.

Does your game crash aswell when you use hotkeys?

Yeah, when I try to assign them the game crashes

>Not a The throwing build
Come on user not even trying

I think the crash happens because of our keyboards, press 1>0 send output that is not recognized. The manufacturer of my keyboard is 'Trust'. How about yours?

I'm trying to use ahk to call the keys at a lower hardware level. Might be a solution.

Anyone knows what the Gravity feat does?

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Special_action_(Elona+)
Search for gravity

I'm liking the loli angel already

Virtual and Scancode keys still cause crash.. so nevermind.

Here, thanks for the advice. Here's my equip screen so you guys can laugh at me. As a warrior I'm assuming I ought to invest more into protection than evade, but it's hard finding high protection values.

I'll definitely work on upgrading the gear I've had for a while at the blacksmith.

Seriously, you have just about enough money to +1 everything you are wearing and that would double your defenses.

f-fuggg :-DD

either go full defense or full evasion, never both
personally I go full EV regardless of playstyle

Stop.
You enjoy getting blown up by shadow steppers I see.

kiss my fairy ass, fatty

I don't really wanna use the mostergirl one.
The other's were nice.

Do you happen to have sleep negating gear? No?
Touch of Sleep + One blow from my fucking overpowered two-hander coming up.

You do realize that speed and armor have pretty much nothing to do with each other, right?
Unless you're so low leveled that you think the +5 speed from spirit cloth is what sells it.

Martial skill also adds a (high) chance of bonus attacks, but in order to gain that effect your hands must be completely empty. No claws/tonfas and no shields. This is why pets with no hand slots at all are preferred for unarmed builds because they don't have any wasted slots and you can give them extra arm slots at Gavela's. Multiple arm slots are the best way to increase unarmed damage/accuracy as those modifiers can be found on gauntlets.

I'd like to know myself though if equipping a shield to the Shoot slot counts against the unarmed hit bonus or not.

No
False
Stop
Please cease spreading this misinformation.
It works like this: With claws or shit in your hands, you are limited to four extra attacks. With empty hands, that is raised to eight.
It does nothing to actually provide those extra attacks. You must get them from equipment that grants extra attacks. It's not free.

Probably not, it'd most likely get counted as a ranged weapon. Would equipping a throwing star also disable unarmed bonuses?

why this is like this?

"Nefia Fever mode". Activates every couple months for a few days. Random dungeons have better loot and way more gather spots.

sad i just started a new game i cant take advantage of this

I didn't know what they were either, but don't get too discouraged I've been playing for a little while now and they're quite frequent/consistent

In-game months. It'll pop up again soon. Don't bother looking in the puppy cave though when it does, you need to go to one of the randomly generated dungeons around the map (they get re-generated every few months too)

are dungeons tied to your level or they dificult increase as you beat then? i always noticed low levels ones stopped apear as i progress

okay but why?

Anybody mind telling me what kind of weapon a panty is?

Fame I think. Dungeoneering rank might also influence it.

It's its own thing as a thrown weapon. You can of course bash with it in a melee slot too.

It seems like a pretty fucking good weapon, I might use it on my player character honestly as a last resort since at this point I'm pretty much a straight-up gunner. I really should get into spellcasting as some point but it seems like such a chore

I forgot to mention that a Panty's effective range is 2. It does half damage at 1 or 3, and only 20% damage at 4.

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ranged_Weapons

I was wondering why there was a lion in my vegetable farm

dual wield panties with a spare panty in the ranged slot

why live

god dammit japan how have they not done this yet

by the way is there an up do date elona custom version yet?

The only result is "Gravity Sphere", which doesn't specifically say it requires the feat.

I've had the feat a while now and I have two other Gravity based abilities, Gravity Accel and Giga Gravitation. I don't know if either one is based on the feat or not, neither are on the wiki.

I'd really like to know what Giga Gravitation does exactly. It says "Gravity Damage Surround/Consumes 1" and then it's cut off. What does it consume?

Because you forgot to crop

should be the one in the OP

wew lad
Is that a nigger rigged version or the "official" one?

I'm not even that slow due to the amounts of shoes I'm eating, I'm using Touch of Sleep to slap the shit out of evadefaggotry due to it's automatic hit. If it doesn't resist sleep or it can't evade my sword while awake it's generally just fucking gibs.
Bonus: I'm still in a Elona version where Garok's Hammer hasn't been changed, so I'm just grinding up small medals to finally bring this thing to supreme overpowered territory through loads and loads of savescumming.

It's sentances like that that can only make sense in Elona.

kek

I thought it was the "official" elona custom. I it not?

If you are going to savescum the "ultimate weapon" you can at least do it with a lightsabre. change the material to something other than ether of course first.

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014
bloodyshade.no-ip.org:42333/ElonaCustom/

Average dungeon danger depends on the deepest dungeon floor you've cleared. You can check this in your journal.
If it gets out of hand, there is a secret location in Act 2 that will let you reset it.

wew
I punched in "elona custom" into jewgle and it was only giving me the thread for the 1.6 version

And where would that be?

Isn't a lightsabre really fucking light though? Material aside you would think it would stay much lighter then a Adamantium Claymore.

You can use Cursed Flying Scrolls to increase the weight

Palace of Oblivion or something to that effect, it's on the wiki.

I'm gonna use a snake in the party.
What is the perfect body, anons?

I plan on only giving it one hand and using TwoHanded heavy weapons.

PV took a hit, but who gives a shit, they can't touch me.

I always thought being a rogue with -90 Karma would be hard, but aparently it's easy as fuck.
lmao

Anyway, question: I found a cow.
I put said cow on a ranch. It breed 2 cows.
One gave me a skin that sold for 8000 (WTF)
The other gave me meat that raised my strength like FUCK.
I noticed I can see what kind of "mutations" (gives more meat, better skin, more milk) with the brush but…
I don't seem able to do that with the original breeder cow. I assume that's because It's a party member. How do I kill it, and bring out one of the other better cows into my party to set it as breeder? I remember a "bring out" option but aparently can't find it anymore.
Are those "mutations" about yield hereditary?
Can I breed the perfect cow that pumps out tons of good skins, meat and milk?

Mutations are indeed Hereditary, so yes you can play eugenics with your cows.
I prefer using Putits though since their corpses increase Charisma alongside their high breed power.

This is what I was thinking of doing but it doesn't seem worth it if Martial Arts will still be better in the end.

The cow had 234 breeding power, and I'm mostly interested in Skins, Meat and Milk. The rest is bonus.

you can get breed power close to 1000

The Putit at level 1 has a Breeding power of 666.
Also, if you want milk with +'s on it you should squeeze your ranch animals, careful not to use it on the actual breeder though.

Putits are nice. Chickens have an innate bonus to egg laying and a breed power over 800, maybe over 900

Oh, and rabbits have over 700 breed power and can drop rabbit tails that permanantly increase luck

The hereditary traits include more skins, better skins, more meat, better meat, more milk, and more eggs. Note that all creatures produce milk and eggs, although as I said chickens get an egg bonus. Cows do not get a milk bonus as far as I know.

Go to a blacksmith and enhance the hell out of your unknown shell.

IIRC tied partially to fame, partially to level.

Ok, this is hell, actually.
Cobra is level 10, has low stats and 85 speed
King Cobra has level 18 with a bit higher stats and 95 speed.
The thing is, the stats on king cobra are just slightly better than the normal cobra's. They're much lower than what they should be at level 18.
This bitch doesn't even have a class for god's sake.
I'll need to do some serious gene splicing to give this pet acceptable attributes for it's level. And even still, it will still be subpar. Not to mention it starts with no body parts at all and almost no skills.
Oh, the things I do for sweet snake cloaca.

Y'know I could have sworn this game had lamia monsters, but then I realized that's purely a product of the character sprite sheet I'm using.

You can evolve female sneks into lamias.

No body parts can be a good thing, because it lets you select which parts you want in the long run.

And I have no idea what body parts I want.
Only thing I'm certain is that I'm giving it only one hand so it can 2hand.

yey.

The low stats are probably because of its lack of class.

When generating stats for a creature, it seems to be some combo of race, level, and class that determines starting stats.

You can reset body parts for I think only 1 health cost, and it's free on characters that only have 1 health anyway. The reset only puts them back to the default for their race, so that's where starting with body/shoot/ammo comes in handy as opposed to 13 slot humans.

As for which parts, Arms (not hands) are amazing because they have hit/damage bonuses and fairly high stats all around. Not really sure what else, might be dependent on which artifacts you can get.

Fucking Elona.

give it 15 legs and watch it attack a bajjillion times every step you take.
Disclaimer: might not work like I think it does.

kek, would turn the snake into a centipede

Well shoes DO grant speed, but not that much. Default shoes are +5, Seven League Boots have a hidden +12, and Glass material has I think +3, s you could maybe get +200 speed out of 10 leg slots. Note that After 13 (including the shoot/ammo slot everything has and whatever one other slot you start with) you start taking a 5% speed penalty for each slot

Meanwhile, there are creatures out there with 2000 base speed that you can fairly easily dominate. Of course, they will NEVER gain AP, since AP is only gained for killing enemies with higher speed than whatever the pet started with, but you can probably do without that anyway.

What's a Parasite Kid? This girl keeps popping up everywhere, even in my god damn storehouse, and my allies instakill her cause she's only level 5.

Set everyone as defensive and walked around the Parasite Kid, she seems to shoot magic arrows and impregnates.

Parasite Kid is the result of impregnation. Gotta cure whoever got the face full of alien wing wang with poison. If you aren't sure who, look for whichever pet starts bleeding when she pops up or check the log /.

(checkitty check check)
Congratulations you just gave everyone in your team alien aids.
Give everyone a bottle of poison, dye or sulfuric acid.

I'm loaded with poisons so it's not much of a problem, but she showed up in my house and while walking around it I hear my visitors killing things off screen, so they're somewhere here.

Eh, we're all drinking poison tonight! Guess I'll kill all the guests too.

Just FYI, you can have them drink poison or throw the poison at them, or any other poisonous potion (such as dye, antiseptic). Additionally, Vomiting will cure one of pregnancy too

Oh God I just remembered she showed up in my shop, and it's always packed full with people, if one of them got impregnated and appear somewhere else.

Might just have to nuke every city.

I don't think shop people actually travel anywhere, they just generate randomly at the shop.

Ah, that's good.

I know she also showed up once in Vernis, time to do some room to room checks.

If your pets were killing her the instant she appeared like they normally do, I don't think there's a problem anyway.

My melee pets are a little TOO good at their jobs, so now I have them use Knockout as their main attack so my other pets can get a chance to kill things and earn AP.

Should've cought one when I had the chance. Cought a gryffon child though, how are gryffons as pets?

Not very good. Average stats, casts Feather and melees. Floats.

Well that sucks. I really want a fire dragon though, I'm kicking myself for not getting one. I've been walking up and down the puppy cave stairs just to try and get another one to spawn

That sounds pretty bad. Don't snakes have a god heart evolution that gives them innate Floating and a Punishment action?

A business card could regenerate stats.

Also, form the wiki:
Guys what if this is a proximity check and you can cast "Wish" without having it level up?(Leveling wish up causes it to lower its success rate)

This is actually a great idea for a custom item! Dammit, we need oom spawn item functionality for elona+/custom.

Maybe its in the changelogs

Would there be any script problems if i combined farm and ranch with map editor?
Wanna do the same for museum and shop.

Also, Does anyone know where hotkeys are saved?

Another successful elona thread

Found it

The Gravity feat gives
Gravity Accel (lvl 1)

Giga Gravitation (acquired with 100+ constitution)

Also Gravity Sphere at 60 constitution+feat

Hey, the Deck thing kinda works now.
When you use it, it kinda seems like you're suposed to build a deck with 30 cards.
Is it not in yet?

seems like a work in progress to me

Oh, and Giga Gravitation consumes 10% of maximum MP. Not a big deal

Any pet is good if it looks cool to you. A Fire dragon would fill the role of the snake I'm training much much better than it, but I think that lame and gay.

It can become a strong snake god something with a god heart. But fuck that, I want a lewd snake girl.
I've got some spare business cards, tough. But I don't think it will fix it's stats after the snake is already generated.
This wish thing close to a sandbag is pretty interesting.

Oh that sounds like a nice buff for the entire party.

Giga Gravitation is pretty nice though. Applies Gravity status to every enemy in sight, binds, does damage, and trains magic capacity. It does not hit allies or neutrals or apply gravity to them.

I'm a scrawny gunner with no muscles tough.

Problem is, it's Violent Garden that costs mp. It's probabky a good idea to combine the two.

I might still use the gryffon honestly, but I just finally caught a fire dragon and I REALLY wanna fight alongside a dragon

Violent Garden costs physical resources though. Essential Oil is easy to make of course, but I hate being resource-bound like that. Also, my MP regens crazy fast and I literally cannot use it all in combat.

Not that one, the other action that costs nothing but stamina. The AoE attack that hits everyone on screen for poison damage.

Oh sorry, that's Aromageddon that costs oils. nevermind

WHY NOT BOTH NIGGER?
Just because the dragon is gay doesn't mean you can't use it, it's your game. It will probably be much stronger than any other pet you use tough, oops.

I need more charisma first before I can use both the gryffon and the dragon alongside each other. I've got 2 pets and 23 charisma, so I COULD use both of them but I like having an extra space open in my party for escort/before it's too late quests

Don't mind me, just being the most OP pet in the game

If you need Karata just pop open Elosnack and save yourself the trouble.

So I started fresh and this time I learned cooking as soon as possible, as well as bought an Eastern Bed from the general store as soon as I could. I also ate all the veggies I come across and cook all the fruits and corpse and shits but I still get terrible potential.
Should I just start up a garden in my cave and make a pond so I can fish to get cooking ingredients and grind it?

Man, fuck this snake bitch.
If I was a little bit behind I'd do it, but even by geneing her levels and stats, she'd be way behind the other pets.
I'll have to complete my party with other, stronger monsters that are spawning around our levels and doesnt evolve.

lol who the fuck told you that food gave you potential famalam?
Eating trains your attributes, and in turn expends your potential.
What you want is a happy bed in your home, a sleep sheep in your inventory, and a PET that knows cooking. If you stumble across potions of potential, mix it with holy water and quaff that shit.

So I'll be stuck with bad potential until I can afford those stuffs then? Does the Embassy sell happy bed and sleep sheep? Also the wiki says the quality of Sleep Sheep is only 10 higher than Eastern Bed, is it worth using?
How do I teach cooking to a pet?

Happy bed is a rare drop from cupids.
Sleep sheep is much lighter than the eastern bed, and it`s not particularly rare or expensive, just wait till you stumble upon one on a random shop.
You teach pets any skill by giving them other monster`s chromosomes with the gene engineering machine and skill.

FYI the "rogue wizard" from the slave trader is the easiest way to get cooking on a pet. I think it starts at level 10? While you are at it, you should also look for Tailoring and Carpentry, they will both earn you a lot of money from pets if nothing else.

a business card doesn't work like that. It just adds a class and doesn't change stats.

That is an interesting idea for wish though. It sounds plausible.

I think plausibly you can add farm and fertilizer tiles to a ranch, but I'm not sure shop/museum would be so simple.

what is so special about him?

There's a bit flag (cResEle) that makes certain characters immune to everything except magic and physical damage. When you recruit those characters as a pet, that bit flag is normally turned off, leaving them with no resists. Karata keeps it (although it does not show on his character page). He also has innate superb Magic resist and the cMetal flag that causes him to take 90% reduced physical damage as well. On top of all that, he has 1235 speed, which isn't the highest in the game but it's still up there.

The only NPC in the game that keeps BOTH the Metal and resEle flags when tamed, meaning it takes appreciable damage from exactly two sources: pure magic and water spells, the latter of which are weak as shit.
It's almost assuredly an oversight.

Immune to all damage types except physical and magic, he is still susceptible to status.

Is water not reduced by armor?

oh so probably a bug

On the flip side, like all metals he only has 1 health, meaning he gets 1% of normal HP. You can increase this with Rubynus equipment and Hero Cheese, but equipment only goes so far and it takes a LONG time to grind cheese.

Well yeah bells are already strong,but no cresele

I actually almost fell asleep playing this. How is this fun?

it is not for everyone

Water ignores absolutely everything. It is direct HP damage.

get wish
hit enter by accident without typing anything

Ah, I remember my first wish.

So I did the scientist quest and got my gene machine, but I can't modify my pet, probably because my gene engineering level is too low. But I can't find Gene Engineering in my skill list.
How do I know what level it is?

You haven't learned the skill yet. The quest only gives you the machine, you need to buy the skill from a trainer for platinum. The ones in Palmia and Port Kapul sell it.

After that, you are correct about the level. Your gene engineer has to be the level of the pet -5. Level it up at the slave master in derphy, slaves only cost about 1000gp each so it doesn't take too much to just mash them together.

Speaking of GE slaves, don't forget to empty their inventory first to train sense quality or to sell for money. Might even make your money back.

You could probably turn a pretty good profit with a high level shop, but I'm way too lazy

Do you lose your god's gifts if you change gods after receiving them?

No

I was using an Eastern Bed for a while, recently got a Happy Bed and thought I'd be seeing much better results, but my dreams and potential gain from sleeping seems to be mostly the same, even though the quality of a happy bed is almost twice an eastern. Or hell, it's pretty similar to the gains from just sleeping in an inn. Do beds not matter that much?

The random factor is huge. It only affects the potential gain at the end of sleeping, which tells you an exact percent of total gain across all attributes.

I'm considering swapping my Exile out for a different caster pet. Any recommendations? I use the custom AI to train skills, I just don't like that the exile doesn't offer anything unique or even above-average in stats.

Multi cast doesn't matter when you switch him to better spells, it only applies to the three basic arrow spells he starts with and doesn't compete with bolts or balls.

I should use the black cat! the upgraded version (if I EVER get a 4th god heart) gets the Browbeat special action, plus it has the innate lick ability and the same primary stats.

Gotcha. I did get a 30% the first time I used it, but I thought that was due to a dream just adding to the percent at the end. Thanks for all your help in these threads, great to have someone to ask random questions I can't find answers to in the wiki.

My caster pet is a fire fox brother, he gets Megid Flame for AoE Elemental Scar and buff removal.
He's also cute.

I have him custom AI'd to only cast Megid Flame when I have the Contingency buff on, so he saves it for situations I deem appropriately dangerous.

That's actually pretty clever. I already have a dragon with Megid Flame, but I could never get him to use it appropriately. Kind of silly to make him a caster though

This, Custom's doing it right in letting you customize your own pets to some extent.
It's stupid to just have one or two that's miles above everything else because of the unchangeable bitflag bullshit. Even making clones of the gods won't get you as far as one of those in the endgame, shit's ridiculous.

What monsters should I combine into my fire dragon child to get it more slots?

The general rule of thumb is that anything from the slave trader can't donate limbs, so you'll have to capture others yourself somehow.

Pet limit?
A long time ago, I had an orc in my party.
I think I'm gonna start again and get an all Orc party.

15 hard limit, this includes pets waiting for you at the pub/at home, pets in your ranches, and pets in your shops, pets left at doujou and discard ranch don't count to limit.

It's still 1 + 1 for every 5 Charisma right?
Damnit, so close to get another one.

Yup elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ally

This shit kept my perception potential above hopeless

Also, if I come across a Big Daddy in a random dungeon, will it stay there on that floor? I'm only level 16 and I don't wanna do that quest yet

Alright. I'm dumb as hell and just started a few days ago, how the fuck does the custom AI work?

Yes. However, dungeons randomly respawn. Sometimes it can take a month or two, sometimes almost a year.

QUICK
LEvel 23. I already have seven league boots
What's a good wish?

Miromi, for extra feats.
Do you have an aurora ring yet?

Supposedly, dungeons also respawn whenever you switch continents, and you can use the Statue of Opatos (pyramid invitation quest, starts in Derphy at 3000 fame) to manually respawn them as well.

Anyway, there's no telling if the dungeon will still be there later. In fact, it could already be gone when you exit.

Eh, I dont really care that much, chances are I'll come across one again. Also I'm thinking of switching gods to Kumiromi from Lulwy for the Perception bonus and so I can start a farm. What should my gardening skill be at before I consider buying a farm deed?

41 is enough to maximize your success as long as you plant on field tiles during rain. Since you probably won't have artifact seeds anyway, you can start a bit lower than that (30ish should do).

Doing harvest time quests trains your gardening skill quickly, and it's also the best way to get seeds anyway. Not to mention the only way to get bronze coins besides waiting for your income.

I think this is a dumb question but I should probably convert to Kumiromi before grinding out harvest quests right? It seems like that would make sense since he gives a bonus to gardening

For Harvest time quests, always gather at least double the quota (eg for a 20s quota gather at least 40s worth of plants). If you are using Custom you can leave the map after depositing the items to end the quest immediately. I don't think there's any point in going higher than double.

Also, keep in mind that the plants get bigger the further you go from the center of the map (not necessarily further from the starting box). I always head to a corner. Melons>Strawberries>Apples>Lettuce>Grapes>Lemons>Cherries. I recommend avoiding cherries entirely if at all possible.

Not really.

Higher gardening skill lets you pick plants faster in those quests, but you gain exp for every turn spent trying to pick them. Also, I think the skill buff effectively slows down your skill leveling rate. Kumiromi's passive doesn't help either, as the Harvest Time actions don't actually cost any stamina.

I've never played around with ranches much. If I leave a pet in one, let them breed a few, and remove the pet will the animals left in there continue to breed?

I notice that Pets are apparently capped at about 60% of the spellpower of a player, since their formula is Casting*6+10 while players get spell level*10+50. Is it even worth training magic-using pets to high level, or should one stick with melee/ranged pets to maximize damage?

They will not continue to breed AFAIK, but they will continue to produce milk and eggs

Thanks, I'll grind my skill up then convert. I'm thinking farming/Kumiromi is probably the best long-term investment since I've got quite a few seeds and a handful of herb seeds so I think it'd help with attribute potentials since I've only got the fighter's guild trainer visiting my cave and I still need Per/Will/Cha potential too. Problem is that the magic vendor I've been investing in isn't stocking any potential potions yet. Luckily none of my stats are hopeless and I just got a happy bed, along with a blessed eastern bed to carry around.

Also as a side note, reaching soulmate with a pet is fucking great. Nothing better than having your loli waifu cook you breakfast in the morning

So I can farm milk and eggs without losing a pet slot but not corpses, thanks.

Aurora would only help if I did a lot of trading.
Miromi is just 5 extra feats. I get two right now.
I'll ask for that on the nex wish.
I asked for a Vindale cloak. Kinda sucks, but I changed it's material and might use Garroks hammer on it later.

Breakfast isn't a soul mate thing, it just requires that they have cooking skill and that you wake up in the right time slot.

FYI, Tailoring and Carpentry both provide Miracle-quality items when you wake up in the morning too. Tailoring is available from certain slaves (maybe higher level ones), Carpentry can be hard to find, I look for Trolls.

Yeah you're right, soulmate only allows them to share meals, which is also pretty damn helpful

Wrong again. You can share a meal with any pet as long as both of you are not satisfied! or higher. If you use a stethescope on the pet the top bar will turn white when they can be fed.

It COULD require friend, but definitely not soulmate.

Yeah it does require Friend

Also you can only share food that has a rank associated with it.
This means you can only share stuff that you can cook, so no sharing curarias.

*Because it needs to be at least Rank 5 food.

[Just intensifies]

I always found it pretty easy. Of course, I play as a Fairy, and that +50DV to start with makes it so almost nothing can even hit you in the beginning.

I started as a fairy too, but maybe I'm missing something? I can cast a few magic missiles but then I run outta mp and gotta flee while my little girl does stuff

Why run when nothing can hit you anyway? Just melee shit with a dagger or something

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_NPC

Nothin personnel kid…

Not what he's talking about, he's talking about this menu

It's a simple if-then-elseif list. It starts at the top, so if the first condition is true (my example, if self (this pet) has less than 10% MP) it will do that action (ranged attack). In my setup here I use this to prevent overcasting, as the shooting action will come before all of the later spellcasts if his mp is too low to cast.

If the first condition is false it will go on to the next condition, in this case "If you don't have contingency up cast contingency", then the next "if you already have contingency don't have auto guard, cast absolute protect", and so on. Because of the order it actually reads more like "If you don't have contingency AND have over (or equal) 10% mp, cast contingency", "if you don't have auto guard, but DO have contingency and more than 10% mana, cast absolute protect".

One thing I've noticed is that if an action is considered "impossible" the AI will skip it. If there are no enemies close enough to ranged attack, this AI might choose to cast a spell even if his MP is too low. I COULD work around that, but I consider that to be a particularly unlikely circumstance (since he should try to close distance long before he runs out of mana), so I just ignore it.

What you can take away from that though is to have a "catch all" at the bottom of the list. This is where "if distance > 1, move forward" comes in. This is more noticeable on ranged fighters (without all the spells), but basically it just means if you can't shoot your target (shoot=impossible), try getting closer.

I've generally found that pets don't want to shoot anything more than 5 tiles away even if their weapon or spell allows it, I think that might be a hard-coded limit, maybe to prevent NPCs from sniping you outside your vision.

Last, some more technical details, "preserve target" means to alwaysdo that action against the "entity", regardless of whether that makes sense. This can make pets attack themselves with certain abilities even if they really shouldn't be able to. To increase the number of slots available, increase the pet's Learning or your learning, the lower one of the two determines the limit.

First select it from the "teach a spell or ability" menu, then assign it to be used in the AI. Pets learn by doing, so just make him spam that new ability until he's got it down. When the progress is low he will fail to use it and then skip to the next part of the AI, so plan accordingly. Once it hits 100% he's mastered it and you can start on a new ability.

Suggestions? I've already wished up a pair of Seven League Boots. I was considering an Aurora Ring next.

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Shift_cores
Wish for one of these bad boys.

Never heard of these before, they seem neat though.

Is Elona open source?

Nope. Any insight into its code has been gleaned through decompiling.
Incidentally I'm pretty sure this is why much of the JP community sticks with Vanilla Elona.

I never used the gene machine and just did it for the first time. I just fused my pets a ton and gave them some good skills. I'll have to fuse my dog as well on my other file

so its only for grorious american ingenuity that we have all the fun shit we have?

oh god that's painful

if you ever get a raw item you don't want to accidentally eat, use a scroll of inferior/change/superior material on it immediately.

The only item this doesn't work on is the leek artifact.

THE LEEK ARTIFACT

I've played this shit for 5 or 6 years, and every thread I find something that makes throw my hands up and scream "FUCKING ELONA".
It's amazing.

Isn't the whole point of the leek eating it?
Are you farming stardust or something?

Did you somehow miss its IMMENSE crit rate increase?

It can be useful if you want to train Eye of Mind.

I notice it says these things can be used by pets. How? Do you just stick it in their inventory or something?

n-no… not like this…

Just one pass through my 4 ranches produced 331 eggs. It probably won't even be a month before I can do it again, and I haven't even maxed out the population on three of them

What am I going to do with so many eggs? Practice cooking, keep the rank9 uncursed, which I expect to stack 50+, and then sell the rest in my shop. Then I herb the stack I kept because eggs never spoil

Hey, hauling shit can be quite the workout.

Just FYI, the profit on this is kind of shitty. I'll make maybe 300k after cooking around 1000 eggs (I had quite a bit stockpiled). Eggs don't have any +s like fruits, vegetables, and ranch-raised meats do, so no value multiplier.

I didn't count how much I started with, but I now have 213 dishes of chicken omelet(Rank9) and 194 dishes of rabbit omelet(Rank9) all that After almost 40 minutes of holding down F3 to recover stamina.

Could I use a piece of equipment that has "It disturbs your growth" to reduce the level of my fairy so I could increase its breed power, all so I could farm fairies in a ranch for kumiromi experiences?

No, "Disturbs your growth" will not reduce level (won't reduce XP below 0). For that, you need a potion of Descent. There is also a free an option at the Oblivion Palace (hidden location) in act 2

Alright thank you

Someone should make another thread before this falls off the board. It probably will not be me

I'll do it if nobody else will

E+ might have a fuckton of fun content, but the difficulty/grinding curve is insane. I imagine just playing to get through vanilla and then building up to tackle some of the optional content (bonus bosses and the void) would be a fairly complete and far less frustrating experience.

new thread