Boredom cancer Rec thread

Holla Forums I need you to tell me about anything that's worth playing. I don't care what platform it's on or how new or old it is. I need to play some good fucking videogames. if you fucking loved it or thought it was at least better than neutral, please tell me about it. I'm all dried up and already know it's not worth it turning towards ubisoft or ea. don't give me any shit. I'm just having a bad day. seems like that has been every day.

Spark the Electric Jester

and don't get me started on how fun spore could have been. it still hurts.

that sounds catchy. did it give you any good feels? I need some really fucking good feels.

I need to build a nice big backlog so that I can get that high feeling of knowing I'm playing a fun game, and knowing that even when it's over there's still more fun games to be played. it's a special kind of feeling.

Nah, the story is non existent. It's just a fun sega like game

sounds good. story games are not my favorite for obvious reasons but I don't have a problem with playing a good well made one if they even exist outside the classics but alas those are usually filled with SJW bullshit.

but hey don't hesitate! fill up my list I'll give it all a good try.

giving this a bump.

Bad Rats

Mechwarrior Living Legends.
It's free. Not f2p.

Breath of Fire 3 if you want to see what JRPGs could have been if gooks weren't fucking retarded.

lots of cool suggestions thanks! please keep going.

bump

Do you want to throw yourself at a game over and over and get better slowly each time? Try Devil Daggers

depends. I'll have to give it a try.

suggest more stuff that made you happy! very excited with all these great ideas. thanks.

Overlord on pc is the shit. Its m rated pikmin. Who doesnt want m rated pikmin?

CK2, Total War Medieval II, Mount and Blade Warband, Halo CE(PC most easily accessible with Multiplayer too), Star Wars Galaxies EMU, Chivalry Medieval Warfare, Grim Dawn, Dragon Age: Origins, Age of Mythology, any of the STALKERS, Rainbow Six: Siege, Payday 2, Rust, Sins of a Solar Empire, Star Wars Battlefront II, Star Wars Jedi Knight Outcast & Jedi Academy, Metro 2033 and LL, Painkiller Hell and Damnation, Killing Floor

That's all I got for you user, hopefully you take something away from this and have a good week ahead.

Deus Ex
System Shock 2
VTMB

If you haven't played all 3 of these you need to go do that

Hey thank you guys so much. this is great. I can escape reality for a short moment. play some good Holla Forums seal of approval games.

thanks. bro fucking hug

that original deus ex is one of my favorite. alot of those starwars games and sins of a solar empire were also great fun.
not enough cryssssssssssssstallll

Nothing is worth playing except LIFE. So go out there, meet a gal, get married, have a child, take care of them and be king! BE KING, user.

did you kill her with your french dick

women suck. literally shit. I tried finding the good ones, I don't think they are real. fuck those fucking pieces of shit. I'm going to play video games and just wait out life. best thing you can do is eat healthy, exercise, and not fall for all of lifes tricks and bullshit.

user, before you burst a blood vessel, it's generally a good idea to view a post's pic before going on a tirade on the joys of going MGTOW.

I'm sorry. I'm not even MG Tow missle. I've just been hurt so so much.

It's alright. Robowaifus is coming.

bemp

Pharoah Rebirth+

how in the fuck

have you tried delving into new genres user? like rhythm or fighting

play Gothic 1 & 2

Surprisingly good writing and unique, dark humor and presentation

Comfy, challenging and graphically impressive dungeon crawler.

Comfiest horror P&C imo

There's so many fucking mods you have to be able to find something that appeals to you. Brutal/Project Brutality are the fastest, hardest mods which just expand on the blood and action of the default game so I recommend them.

I'll recommend more if you like the sound of these.

wow thanks, please tell me more!

I was in a slump like you before, but IIRC I played Sengoku Rance and had a good time sink for a few weeks. Video games won't be the only thing you're going to be busy doing.

post the real one

w-what do you mean…? hmmm.

Well if we're just going for "games that make you feel good" regardless of any other quality, I'm going to say Brigandine for the PS1. It's poorly translated and too easy once you git gud, but it's fun and it has a lot of content and variety.

I replay it every year or two, I do self-imposed challenges at this point though. At the very least, don't use the time-out option or you'll be invincible on defense.

ah yes, post the image with the very funny drawn man instead of this "correctly done" version. please.

hey thats cool, thanks.

oh and check those quad fours!

Faselei on the Neo Geo Pocket Color. It's like $100 & it's on a system nobody owns. Add to that, it's a turn based mecha game. There's no way in hell you're going to play t, but I feel extra spiteful today for some reason. If you like Shadow hearts on PS2, it was made by the same people.

whoa that's fascinating.

Yeah, it's a weird system with some weird games. Neo Poke Kun is also worth checking out if you can track it down. It's a digital pet game centered around a bug man who lives inside the handheld. He develops wario ware style minigames for you based on the internal clock in the system & random occurrences you force on him.

that sounds really sad. huh.

You have excellent taste. The only thing I'd veto there is Rust because it's early access and shit.
Also want to recommend Tales of Maj'Eyal if you like roguelikes. If you've never played a roguelike then it's a good place to start, too. It's got 2D graphics instead of ASCII and has a decent UI. You start with several races and classes to choose from and can unlock more by completing certain tasks.

I recently remembered I still have to play thief gold & 2, so I've been doing that the past few days. If you haven't played them yet I definitely recommend those. at least gold, I haven't started 2 yet but I assume it's more of the same

Speaking of roguelikes, Elona+ is great if you can get into it. There should still be a thread up with a ton of useful information as well.

which thiefs are you talking about exactly? I always got confused on those, and Holla Forums always says that at a certain number was it 4? the thief games get totally cucked. is that true?
I personally loved mass effect 1 but hate every ME that came out after it. is it the same case for thief?

Thief 1(gold) and 2 are generally held in the highest regard, while I personally don't have too much of an issue with 3 (deadly shadows) it is a step lower to the originals, mainly because of loading screens mid missions and lack of rope arrows. I refuse to even touch nu thief based on little stuff I saw on jewtube.
In other words, the first 3 are worth playing, the reboot probably not.

Play Strider. Just fucking do it.
DO IT

Skyrim

>NieR Automata, Medieval 2 Total War, Rome 1 Total War, Victoria 2, Mount and Blade Bannerlord, Binary Domain, HuniePop, GTA San Andreas, Resident Evil 4, Sleeping Dogs, Ys Origins, Ys the Oath in Felghana, Morrowind, Devil May Cry 4 SE, Max Payne 3 , Dead Space 1&2, Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, Shadow Warrior Classic, Shadow Warrior Remake, Duke Nukem 3D, Postal 2, Dragon Age Origins

Here are some of my personal favourites, hope you like them.

I play Rust with friends to ruin other people's days, and so it is fun for me

Thief 1(also known as Thief The Dark Project or Thief Gold, Thief gold has some extra levels including arguably the worst level in the game), Thief 2(also known as Thief The Metal Age) are defenitely worth a play.
Thief 3(Deadly shadows) is kind of meh, but in my opinion it's worth playing and seeing for yourself.
I know jack shit about the fourth(the reboot just called Thief) but the marketing alone was enough to put me off.

Do you have the one suggested by the author's friend?

As long as you're getting into stealth games, these are the other two traditional recommendations.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Hitman: Blood Money

I understand! thanks bro. I know that nushit always gets cucked so fucking bad. their loss when nobody buys it.

so 3 is probably only as good as mass effect 2 right?

Okay Okay! I will check it out!

u best be jokin m8

I really enjoyed dead space one because it felt like it had a special thing, 2 and every dead space after just didn't cut it for me.

would be really nice to have a game that was based directly off of "the thing" and then set in space, instead of the funny stuff dead space does. keep it simple, no sjw propaganda, made by a good company of blond haired, blue eyed nationalists with their only focus being to make a good game that is fun to play and nothing else.

Clone Drone in the Danger Zone

Human beings are being kidnapped by intergalactic robots and are having their brains ripped and uploaded to robot bodies in order to fight in an arena against real robots for entertainment. It has lasor swords, hammers, bows and jetpacks and even though the controls or the gameplay aren't super inventive it's a fun pirate considering I only pirated it because I saw a colorful advertisement and I was bored. I wouldn't recommend buying it though.

OpenMW

Morrowind's engine recreated by fans who cared more about the game than bethesda. It looks better and runs smoother on modern systems and comes with some neat features as well.

Konasuba MM clone

It was english patched recently and it's fun. It plays like megaman but has a leveling and quest system that rewards players for replaying stages (which it needs since there are only 4 but it's forgiven since it's just a freeware bluray bonus game) It's set between season 1 and 2 of the anime but people who haven't watched it don't really need to understand it to play. Just do quests and defeat bosses to unlock new quests and buy new skills at the guild hall

Yu-No: The girl who chants love at the end of the word. A visual novel/point and click with limited "normal" saves(saves themselves are apart of the time travel mechanic and expend resources to use) and a single free save that saves over itself whenever you quit the game. It has wide variety of choices and paths due to the ability to travel through worlds and time which are choices in themselves along with your own decisions. the walkthrough I posted says enough about the game. I'm playing without it and I haven't dead ended yet but trying to avoid a bad end feels like trying to dodge a bullet through machinegun fire.

Gravity Rush is comfy as fuck.

Shit thread. I guarantee you there are plenty of easy to find free games that you don't need Holla Forums to find.