Mecha games thread

Ayo where da robot games at?
I mean seriously, I want some mech game I haven't played yet.
"Super" or "real" - doesn't matter, just throw something at me Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/443000/DUAL_GEAR/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well there's the new EDF, and that one doujin game we had a thread about that was pretty fucking cool.

Armored Core 1, Project Phantasma, maaaaybe Master of Arena.
Armored Core 2, Another Age
Ranger X
Metal Warriors

I haven't played Elemental Gimmick Gear or Front Mission, so I have no opinions on those.

I played all of that, except Elemental Gimmick Gear.
It looks fucking weird.

Custom Robo Switch and Metal Wolf Chaos 2 never ever

Was PS2 the golden age of mecha games?

Fuck no

Shogo Armor Division
Mechwarrior 3
Armored Core 4(or 5?)
Mecharrior Living Legends, No really its still alive.
Metal Fatigue
Mechcommander series
Super Robot Wars
Mechwarrior 2
Steel Battalion

Now if only we had a game about FSS.

Now let's be real, Mechwarrior is just one franchise with 4 games. You don't count mercenaries expansion packs as a separate game.
Apart from that there were a couple of one-off decent games like future cop that were also on consoles. At the time PS1 had Armored Core and Omega Boost as well.
Late 90s might be silver age, but it doesn't compare to the first half of 00s.

MechAssault is pretty good.

What gamus?

Not an argument.
You can say the exact same thing about Armored Core, which has even more games.
Except they are stand alone packs, as opposed to Ghost Bears which needed mech 2 installed.
And Earthseige. And Heavy Gear. And Terra Nova.
Fixed

Console cucks need to be shot in the street. Your mech games were never on the sim level you got on PC.

I think Armored Core, Front Mission, Gundam something, Gundam VS and Dynasty Warriors Gundam

Indeed

Played all of that except Steel Battalion and MWLL.
Is it even possible to play Steel Battalion today? Does it have single player?

You are sad little creature. If you didn't have all the platforms as a kid it's not a reason to be salty now.

A.C.E. 3

Mechwarrior Living Legends is free and great.
But I've noticed that faggot who complain about the lack of mech games don't want to play them, they just wait for the release of next gundam and whine again, this time with more memes.

Good joke.

Armored Core gets so close to being exactly what I want that it really angers me.
I don't even know what's wrong with it, there's just something that bothers me and I can't put my finger on it

Same to you.

Which one? Because between generations games are drastically different.

When I finally got access to all platforms it became obvious that PS2 has mindblowingly large amount of different great games no other platform could present in the same time frame.
Mech games included.
PC just didn't have all those games, and you couldn't emulate them until years later.

And Starsiege. And Earthsiege. And Heavy Gear. And more.
You weebs need to learn to shut the fuck up.

Playing AC2. I haven't tried the rest because I can't find them anywhere

k

Maybe it's the archaic control scheme. Try Nexus/Last Raven, it introduces modern twin stick TPS control scheme.
Alternatively try AC4 or AC5, those are completely different games but still retain batshit customization aspect.

Anyone cautiously hyped?
Is it just me?

Because its mech games were on a far greater level than your watered down AC series for kids and you didn't need 5 new titles (that were basically expansions) every year just to inch closer to being a real sim. Mechwarrior is ten times the mech sim than any AC game. AC mechs feel like playing with cheap toys, MW felt like controlling walking tanks. Quality over quantity.

Console cucks need to be lynched.

I think you're entirely missing the point of games like MechWarrior and games like Armored Core.
MW tries to simulate what it would like to be a mech pilot.
AC is an action game where you control a giant robot.

They're different genres of games with few similarities, it's like comparing Super Mario Bros to AssCreed 2 because the main characters are both Italian.

*what it would be like

Nah, we have no problem with saying Mechassault is shit, its genre is irrelevant.

You're part of the problem.

No, not really.

could patlabor be a good game

Not a good one from what I've seen. Cute girls can't save everything.

patlabor isn't primarily about Noa being a cutie though

I know. It's one of my favorites. I just brought up the cuteness because she was posted. The games that were released seem like steaming piles, and I can't imagine there's enough interest in the series to make a good game anymore, despite the potential.
Also, Clancy's the best girl.

Noa's my fave girl but the whole cast is great

Steel Striker when?
Robotron when?

Noa is actually too good. She's the kind of character that makes me want to find someone like her in real life, which ain't happenin'. Man, I miss anime with actual characters instead of vapid archetypes.

Second patlabor movie is basically Front Mission: The Anime. I don't see the problem with it working the other way around.
Or just regular mech action game where you need to apprehend rogue mechs without ruining the city and hurting the civilians.

You sound like a waifufag.

there was like one level in zone of the enders where you had to fight the enemy while minimizing collateral damage it was pretty neat.

dream mech game would have an ace combat formula where you get to fight other ace mech pilots in some strangereal war

Me mum walked in on me a week ago as i was watching the show and commented on Noa saying "what a cute boy", i tried explaining to her that she was in fact a girl. She laughed her sides off calling me a kidder and left the room.
Also, play RAD for ps2.

I wish. Life would be a hell of a lot easier if I could fall in love with some chink's doodles.

i could see some one mistaking her for a boy in scenes where she wears baggy clothing, it doesn't matter though cuz Noa is still an absolute sweetheart.

Does your name happen to be Steve?

No, it's Eve

Real mech battle coming up soon. Will it revitalize the mech genre or will it be shit?

did you try actually looking

I don't emulate

You can just burn DVDs for your ps2 you know.

Good luck finding someone to chip your ps2.
Eventually I'll get around homebrewing it myself, it's just a huge hassle.

I also like to own the games I play

You only own plastic. If your disc gets scratched nobody will give you a free replacement of code from it.

If you eat your food or it goes bad nobody will give you any more and you'll have to buy it again

Once you convert the oxygen into co2 your body will just expel it, what's the point of breathing?

Opinion discarded.

not an argument

Your post will be permanently deleted in a few days either way, what's the point of posting at all?

Your post will be permanently deleted in a few days either way, what's the point of posting at all?

seriously, how did this turn into some kind of nihilism meme, did you just realise your argument was stupid and you're looking to mess around, or what

What's stupid about my argument?
Wanting to own games because I enjoy owning games? Is that even an argument at all?

just in case you're genuinely confused as to what user's argument was, he was saying that the information stored on a disk is the commodity that's sought after, not the disk itself. as far as what he was trying to say, owning the "information" is equivalent to owning the "game".

That's debatable.

I agree, but you weren't going about it the right way
as for my opinion, I think all I'd be missing is the guide and maybe some crappy box art. I don't like to emulate things myself, so I generally burn them to a disk as well

This is not fucking debatable.
There is no difference between disk bought in shop or image burned to DVDR.
In both cases you own plastic and have a copy of data owned by whoever the fuck owns the IP.
Publisher owns the game, not you.

please sage when going off-topic

Nah fam I'm fairly sure I own it, here's a pic of me owning it

We are dealing with off the charts idiocy here.

When reading a 3 line long post is too much πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Oh no, it's retarded.

did you try actually looking

There is, loadtimes might get slightly longer because pressed discs will always be better than burnt ones, that obviously assumes both are clean and not stratched to shit obviously.
Especially accentuated in fake DVD9 games

HIGH MACS SIMULATOR

Did you like SRW V? What about Moon Dwellers?

Frankly, I think MD got shafted, where is all the fancy CG that every other OG game got? OG2 looked great, but when Granteed uses Infinity Calibur we get these models that look like they're from MX.

Daily reminder that Starsiege and Earthsiege are freeware now over at tribesuniverse

But, they're released as is, so you might need to fiddle with them using fan patches/dosbox/etc.
They also don't have the amazing soundtrack

Every time we fight between ourselfs harmony gold wins.

im starved of mech games that i would pirate day 1 and NEVER EVER give a dime to those faggots

Well what is it? Just some autism sandbox? Or it has proper campaign with different levels?
Does it have multiplayer?
Does it have english version/patch?
Can you run it on win7?
Does it support mouse?

here's my counterpoint

store.steampowered.com/app/443000/DUAL_GEAR/

Hope this shit comes out one day, I liked the demo.

I have the same question. I'm really far behind on SRW, though. I have a physical 2nd OGs and Dark Prison but haven't finished OGG yet, or the 3DS ones.

I absolutely loved SRW V

I can only applaud to people keeping playing it for years.

Are there any games that let me play as a super robot and feel like a super robot?
Not talking about srw where it's a turn based strategy game, nor gundam vs where the mechs feel like they're made of paper, something more akin to the giant robots of EDF for instance.

I thought SRW V was a ton of fun. Translation was actually pretty decent for SEA subs too.

Haven't played Moon Dwellers, was never real interested in the OG games.

To be fair, OG1 and 2 had some pretty old systems, with limited animations, and J is "endless reinforcements:the game", as much as i love it.

Moon Dwellers gives you a good selection of units right off the bat, with plenty of quality of life enhancements, and V is that with a lot of classic series added in. If you liked the units in J, both of them will appeal to you, since MD is the first game the J units show up in, and V has plenty of Mazin rep, along with a shiny new Mazinkaiser replacement.

Now that MD is out, the OG line has finally built up enough units and characters to really feel fleshed out. It has finally stopped being the "Kyouke Nanbu vs The Einst" series, and actually has some good variety. Cerberus, Granteed, and all manner of Gespenst make it worth it to me. Latooni is qt, too, and Arado is a good guy.

I played OG1 first, loved it. Moved on to Alpha gaiden because I wanted to try that crossover goodness it offered and was not disappointed. Though the end game dragged on a bit. SRW V was piss easy but the yamato gives me a massive boner so I had a good time anyways.

You can soft mod your ps2 if you have a fat laying around

I can't wait for them to start adding the shit from Z. They definitely left those few spheres up in the air for use with the OG cast.

:Praise:

Orbital Control, what's with this meteor shower?….Orbital Control?…Damn solar flares

Hence why AC4A is the absolute best pseudo-mech sim and best of the Armored Core series - if it was not for the ABYSMAL framerate drops…

You know nothing of Mechwarrior and are a complete underage faggot.
FYI, there has been 11 Mechwarrior games released as of this date and at least 20 released based on the Battletech Franchise, and that doesn't even include fanmade projects that have achieved critical claim such as Megamek or Mechwarrior Living Legends. If you are at least going to talk shit at least research your topic first

bump

I like using them in Super Robot Wars Operation Extend, if that's anything.

To my knowledge, reverting to previous regulations reduces fps drops.

Post mechfu's. Anything goes.

SHIT

Do pilots count?

Only if they are mechs themselves.

But Battletech is American…
Ignore the Unseens

The MWO beta was more MechWarrior than it is now, primarily because they had to sell shit and it was too slow for the normalfag fucks.
I'm hoping that MW5M is going to be more like the Beta in that it's slower. Also I'm hoping for more flightstick support.

So you want to find a girl irl who will ignore your advances because she wants to fuck a robot?

I wonder if its the same shitter shitting up countless other threads.

Bump.

That bit in 5 where a NEXT shows up was rad. Too bad I could never beat the game. Couldn't get my head around it.