Getting a Switch?

I love me the original Splatoon on the WiiU and I play it daily, and the Zelda series I've loved for decades. What else am I missing for not having a Switch?

Basically give me reasons to get one (or excuses I can use to lie to myself to justify buying a console for only 2 games)

BOTW is also on Wii U user, but then I've heard it has a shitty framerate there. Anyway, besides those you've listed and obvious indie shit, so far there's Master Blaster Zero (also on 3ds), ARMS, Disgaea 5, Mario Kart 8 and Bomberman. This year also has FE Warriors, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey set for release. Now decide for yourself if any of that interests you.

Buy it now and get homebrew!
(3.0.0 and earlier versions have a huge exploit that allows homebrew. Exploit was just made public 2~3 days ago as it's patched in 3.0.1.
But current Switches on the market right now come loaded with an older version.)

Virtual on is better

Mary-oh and Soonic

Right now it doesn't exactly have a whole lot of games, and its two best titles (BotW and Splatoon 2) are also on the Wii U. I only bought one because I don't have a Wii U. I feel it has a lot of potential to get a very strong line up over the years, but right now I don't see much reason to get it if you already have a Wii U.

Splat2's actually a Switch exclusive - even though it would have been better suited to the Wii U, they needed a system seller. You're absolutely right about BOTW though.

The frame rate problems were on the Switch. BOTW was developed for the Wii U and ported at the last minute, with some issues. Apparently they've fixed them somewhat in a patch, but the Wii U version is still the better game.

Mario Kart 8 is also a port of a Wii U title, in case you forgot.

So in case of actual, exclusive, noteworthy games the Switch has, it's pretty much just Splat2 at the moment. (Arms looks like it might be fun, too, but it costs four times as much as it should.) Other than that, the store seems to be mostly full of shovelware and rereleases of old games. As was mentioned above, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey might be good reasons to get a Switch eventually.

The buyer's remorse that comes with every Nintendo console since the N64

You're a fag.

Damn, I thought Splatoon 2 was also on the Wii U.
Well whatever the case, my original point still stands. Lots of potential, but it might be best to be patient a little longer. At least until Super Mario Odyssey comes out and hopefully turns out great.

How's Sonic Mania on the Switch? I've heard of some bugs but it's not like Ubisoft bad right?

Only tremendous faggots own switch.

Id want an apple red switch.

I have it. It generally performs well but the game has technical issues

The home button either has a delay or just fails to respond sometimes
The special stage has slowdown (5-10 fps) but I didn't really notice
In Green Hill 2 the music cut out when a power-up wore off and didn't start again until I entered a special stage
I got crushed standing on top of the moving blocks in Chemical Plant
Apparently the final or some other boss glitched out for some people but I haven't gotten that far

Only the first two things are Switch exclusive
It'll probably be patched soon so you can wait for that

the switch is alright. I felt I spent dolarydoos on it, I've still yet to play anything other than BOTW and Tetris. It's kinda expensive if it's literally only a tetris machine.

Don' t buy it you fucking faggot
It's a 500 australian dollar piece of shit do I have to say more

Spla2n threads claim the game seems kind of off or soulless in comparison to the original, but that's really a natural response to something as flat-out original as the first game getting a sequel. Not helping is Marina was made a shittier Marie by the localization department which is at complete odds with all her body-language, so the curvy brown-octo got made into a snarkbucket.

Breath of the Wild is more akin to modern open-world games than it is to previous Zelda games. What it does it does alright or very well, but it should definitely serve as a groundwork for future games rather than being lauded on its own. All the moreso because there are things just not fleshed out in BotW or implemented poorly, such as there being only four proper dungeons that're individually about the length of a minidungeon from a previous game. Shrines aren't a replacement for proper dungeons, throwing away equipment constantly is interesting but you end up hoarding weapons and even durability-up weapons feel like they're made of tissue paper, and shield-surfing has odd arbitrary limits- on any surface that isn't sand or snow it eats into the shield's durability like an absolute motherfucker, which typically means your shield breaks and you ragdoll down the mountain at five thousand miles an hour and die from the constant collisions.

What another user said about waiting until Mario Odyssey unless something already out is irresistible is my own suggestion, all the moreso since you already own a Wii U and can nab or pirate BotW and try it for yourself. The Switch port has better performance (the patched-out shittiness was in the docked mode for the Switch port; undocked/handheld is akin to a Wii U or a bit better in performance and apparently in function) but otherwise there is no discernible difference in content. Altogether the thing has a lot of potential but the library isn't quite there yet, but even for a launch-year what it's got is not at all bad.

This really looks like a viral marketer thread, mate.

Don't get a switch, they're trash.

The fucking BO is a Nintendo cockgobbler.
Were you maybe expecting subtlety from shills marketing products with that brand when such is the case?

Fucking thing is a Nintendo branded tablet that uses Tegra and runs not much better than a WiiU and has nothing but fucking ports in its colletion with all the overhyped overmarketed games like Splatoon 2, Arms and Zeldo being average at the very best.

The brand loyalty and shilling has gotten so bad that the drones are now trying to pretend like a fucking Musou is going to be good because its using a Nintendo IP.

Its amazing really

If it is shilling it's pretty awful seeing as how the system only has 3 games.

At this point, you're not missing a whole lot. I'm loving mine, but if you're on the fence and you have other things to play, I'd give it a wait. Other than Zelda and Splatoon 2 (and Arms, if you care), it's mostly got some ports and multiplats. Fast RMX is great, but again, it's just an enhanced port. You probably wouldn't regret getting one, but there's also no driving reason to own one right now unless you feel like you need the definitive version of Zelda or really want Splatoon 2 or Arms. Don't overpay or wait in line if you don't even know why you want one.

I disagree about Splatoon 2. It's essentially the same game with a different campaign, new weapons and mechanics, and new multiplayer modes. It's a solid sequel. The translation is fucking awful though. I like Marina and Pearl's designs, but their interaction and dialog are absolutely abysmal. I hate that the Salmon Run announcement has literally one line for it, and such a shit line, too (hurt Durr corporate shill joke. Why would you say "your corporate shill game is on point today" every fucking day?).
I'm not a translation purist, but the dialog is just bad.

The Switch will be a console worth owning, I think that's pretty clear even so early in its lifespan.

The question you should be asking yourself is: Do I want to play Splatoon now or later?
And since you made this thread I suppose the answer to that is yes.

If they release as many games, both 1st party, AA, AAA and indies, as they did this year in 2018, they'll easily have the most exclusives worth playing; plus all the console exclusives that you could otherwise get on a PS4 or Xbone.

Mid-year 2018 will be a good time to figure out if it's worth getting, but until then, you should hold off unless you really need to play Splatoon 2 or ARMS.

If I were to grab one I'd get it with some bundle or the Switch XL version since I can see them popping out new versions every 2 months like the 3ds

Does the switch have anything lined up for 2018? Other than Odyssey at the end of the year I don't really know anything else that is coming soon.

Yoshi and Kirby. I think there might be more, but those are two major ones.

Suicide. Remove yourself, faggot.

1. Because you hate having money and dignity
2. Because you're a homosexual

Where can you even go to find one to buy that isn't being scalped?

What if Kira could spin?

Is it even possible that they will allow it to play 3DS games like how the gamecub could play GBA games? I want to play mojar's mask HD.

Why the fuck would i give you reasons on how to spend your fucking money?

Rocket League port, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and those Kirby and Yoshi games as the other guy mentioned. Vaguely teased so far is a buffed-up Rayman Legends port. There's Fire Emblem Warriors coming too.