Beamdog is selling portraits for BG:EE

Adding fanfiction tier characters to the game wasn't enough, gotta add microtransactions too
Also

Other urls found in this thread:

sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_portraits.php
mods.chosenofmystra.net/saerileth/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you positive that's an all new development?

Guess they learned from the masterscammer himself
15k$ for a few jpegs

Did those Enhanced Edition abortions even sell?

The funniest part its just 6 portraits, and its all some subhumans.

Wow don't get ahead of yourself they might be PNGs! What a deal!

And some people sell virtual currency which is just numbers you can type in cheat engine.

Do people really dont know how to change game files? Hell they dont have to know how to change portraits just searching it on google would do, what is wrong with the world

You could just put them in an Holla Forums post. Or two posts, since there's an entire six of them (such value).

Aren't baldur's gate requires small image and big image to work?

Gentlemen, we are at an impasse. Two posts would not be enough for all the images. Is there a solution to this problem?

God, why'd they have to get the infinity Engine? If someone else got it, or it became freeware, the whole fucking thing could be rewritten to feature every 3.5 rule ever and actually make an accurate 3.5 experience.

Allso, Gotta love how they can't decide between the digital photoshop artsyle, or hired artists to suyior PC portraits and can barely put out decent content as it is.

Still, I expect some fucked up Planescape additions, mark my Words It's gonna be shit.

smoll pictures to be united into one mid-sized
and make 2x3pic lists for 6 big ones i say

Old news.

Actually, I can find the same amount of stuff sold at dtrpg for probably more than that so a game doing it for only $2.00 is actually cheaper.

Y-you wouldn't pirate and image, would you?

FUCK I WANTED TO MAKE THIS JOKE

NICE TRY YID THOSE DIGITS ARE THE WHITE MANS

SOMEONE UPLOAD THE PICTURES AND THEN LINK IT TO THE STEAM FORUMS

I'm conflicted. On one hand, I fucking hate beamdog with a burning passion and those pieces of shit should burn in hell for desecrating the IE games. On the other hand, making money off of vain idiots through cosmetics-only microtransactions is a perfectly acceptable business model to me. In the end, I still hate beamdog, so meh.

This only means that you are going to see more and more of those practices in the future. There is no shortage of idiots to fleece and there never will be which is why you need to prevent them from being exploited in the first place.

I disagree. Artists in video game companies have it rough between projects since they tend to have more downtime than other departments. Cosmetic shit keeps the artists employed, brings in cash for the company and keeps the mouth drooling retards happy. As long as it's cosmetic only, there's no real problem. Or rather, as long as it's post launch cosmetic stuff; having on-disc on pre-sale cosmetic DLC is an insult.

dude, lmao what if the other party agrees as a result of peer pressure and social engineering, i'm a lolbertarian btw. les smok some weed mang, lmao

How the fuck is that having it rough?
They are paid a salary, not contracted payment.

Companies don't fire their artists when their work on a single project is finished. What the fuck are you even talking about?
If the practice of microtransaction kikery was not allowed then the company would have to actually deliver a real game instead of this nickle and diming. This pretty much kills all cancerous developers.
Also,
Is patently false because as the company becomes more and more reliant on microtransactions they can safely downsize with no hit to their margin. Activision-Blizzard has been doing this for the past few years. Microtransactions actively kill jobs.

sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_portraits.php

There. For all the millenials who don't know modding has been around for a while.

reported for mod piracy

But you can't pirate free things.

It's common (or was) for video game companies to fire their artists after being done with a major project. There's a plethora of interviews with project leads discussing the issues, especially in response to cosmetic DLCs. Not only artists, of course, but even in the better cases artists are the ones who run out of stuff to do first. So even companies who are big on employee retention need to have their art department doing something productive.

In any case, you're arguing from a position of complete ignorance. Go educate yourself.

Lmao, how new are you? They use/used to do this all the time with artists, writers and whatnot.

How is Planescape Enhanced? I'm thinking of replaying the game and I wonder if it's okay to pirate it. Does it have restored content in it?

pirated version with portrait pack:
cf3df929e173dad9e36366421aeb036dd598a478
not worth

Leftists sure love to rewrite history. Almost as much as niggers love to do it.

not for companies the size of beamdog.
That is something prevalent for companies like EA and Activision and despite kiking their games up with microtransactions, it hasn't changed one bit making your entire point moot.

Which would be working on a new project if this greedy practice didn't exist.

That's fucking awful.
The first one is bad enough for only having two options that are the same thing, but why the fuck did they need to do that again ELEVEN times for the second one.

Reminder that these are the people that will eventually make Baldur's Gate 3.

Yeah, and modern Bioware still insists that the old blood is still there making Bioware games. Let them destroy the company they work for. Last I checked, I liked the games, not the company.

Beamdog specifically made sure to not change anything about the writing, so it's actually alright for once. They knew that pushing social justice shit in Planescape would be too much.

No option to *teleport behind you*?

come over come over come over come over all your base are belong to us

Why doesn't this 'woman' just go out and start stabbing FUCKING MEN like she clearly wants to rather than subjecting innocents to her poorly thought out textual slurry?

nothing is free on this life kiddo, beamdog is entitled to money for those "free" portraits because they made the game.

This is true, also true for Icewind Dale and Torment.

So, how are the new portraits?
Do they fit in as seamlessly with the old ones as Sephiroth and the main character's portraits from ?

Why is the guy in the top right listening to music from his iphone?

She doesn't own a knife since they're too phallic. She cuts her food with a sharpened spatula, since its rounded curves properly represent the sovereignty of the female form, from the breasts, to the vulva, to the rampant fat rolls. Nah, I'm just kidding, she unhinges her jaw and swallows her prey whole, then sleeps under an Olympic-sized heat lamp to digest.

I never even reached any of their donut steel characters and from what I've seen I dodged a bullet.

Isn't this from some mod and not Beamdog's shit?

You're point?

It isn't just that it's a ton of options that all say the same shit, it's also massively out of place in how it's written. It doesn't use any sophisticated vocabulary whatsoever, all the dialogue is something that could be written by a 90IQ high school drop out you drag in off the street.

I'll rewrite some of them for fun. I can't believe someone considers themselves a fucking WRITER with this shit. They should hire me or any Holla Forumsirgin instead.

No, you are point.

Its a mod written by an autist, you tards. Saerileth is the best-known worst romance mod ever.
mods.chosenofmystra.net/saerileth/

You had ONE job.

I hope the author fucking kills themselves.

At least it was just EA/Bioware not EA/Bioware AND Beamdog.

Is that supposed to be good?

Oh my God we live in clown world

And they both love exhuming the corpses of things greater than they will ever be or even pretend to be.

they sure love to go after things that don't fight back

SJWs still making money of other peoples works huh, fucking disgusting.

They fight back when they have police backup like in charlottesville :^)

They fight*

I'm struggling to think of a death slow and painful enough for them. I guess boiling them alive in human excrement will have to do for now.

a meaningless existence fueled by welfare isn't a slow and painful death enough?

Check out that honker

Not when it's my tax money that is fueling it, and not when their existence also shits up my vidya. I'd even settle for expedient extermination if it would get me rid of them.

Thanks Abraham Lincoln!

LOL

To be fair Lincoln wanted the niggers deported back to Africa.

kinda wish he did

read the thread

Ahead of it's time, really. Bioware writing would have gotten to this level in a few years if they hadn't just died of AIDS, they always knew their audience.

What the fuck is with these shitty renders? They've existed for years and every single time someone posts them I get completely assmad.

Make better ones then

Brilliant, glorious and absolutely wonderful.

cuz they look weird without the in-game lighting methods.

Just imagine a BG3, imagine all the shit they would add to it today.

Fake news, get out.