Beamdog is selling portraits for BG:EE

Dylan Phillips
Dylan Phillips

Adding fanfiction tier characters to the game wasn't enough, gotta add microtransactions too
Also
Selling portraits for a game with custom portraits system

Other urls found in this thread:

sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_portraits.php
mods.chosenofmystra.net/saerileth/

Evan Cruz
Evan Cruz

Are you positive that's an all new development?

Josiah Lewis
Josiah Lewis

Faces of good and evil

Justin Young
Justin Young

literally selling jpegs for 2 dollars

Brandon Brooks
Brandon Brooks

Guess they learned from the masterscammer himself
15k$ for a few jpegs

Leo Phillips
Leo Phillips

Did those Enhanced Edition abortions even sell?

Grayson Nelson
Grayson Nelson

The funniest part its just 6 portraits, and its all some subhumans.

Henry Ortiz
Henry Ortiz

Wow don't get ahead of yourself they might be PNGs! What a deal!

Robert Hill
Robert Hill

And some people sell virtual currency which is just numbers you can type in cheat engine.

Ryan Ward
Ryan Ward

2 dollars
Do people really dont know how to change game files? Hell they dont have to know how to change portraits just searching it on google would do, what is wrong with the world

Chase Campbell
Chase Campbell

decide to lurk if piratebay has a torrent
it only has a torrent with the whole game and dragonspear dlc
not just put images in torrent

Jack Turner
Jack Turner

Put the images in a torrent

You could just put them in an Holla Forums post. Or two posts, since there's an entire six of them (such value).

Cooper Rogers
Cooper Rogers

Aren't baldur's gate requires small image and big image to work?

Isaiah Rodriguez
Isaiah Rodriguez

Gentlemen, we are at an impasse. Two posts would not be enough for all the images. Is there a solution to this problem?

Owen Martin
Owen Martin

When you pirated EE and are having a blast with all the mod support for it
Seeing the garbage that is Dragonspear and everything past the current patch the Pirated version is on

God, why'd they have to get the infinity Engine? If someone else got it, or it became freeware, the whole fucking thing could be rewritten to feature every 3.5 rule ever and actually make an accurate 3.5 experience.

Allso, Gotta love how they can't decide between the digital photoshop artsyle, or hired artists to suyior PC portraits and can barely put out decent content as it is.

Still, I expect some fucked up Planescape additions, mark my Words It's gonna be shit.

Parker Bell
Parker Bell

Two posts would not be enough for all the images
smoll pictures to be united into one mid-sized
and make 2x3pic lists for 6 big ones i say

Wyatt Howard
Wyatt Howard

Old news.

Lucas Diaz
Lucas Diaz

Actually, I can find the same amount of stuff sold at dtrpg for probably more than that so a game doing it for only $2.00 is actually cheaper.

Ryan Stewart
Ryan Stewart

Y-you wouldn't pirate and image, would you?

Luis Peterson
Luis Peterson

FUCK I WANTED TO MAKE THIS JOKE

Colton Martin
Colton Martin

kike
nigger
cryptokike
rice harvester
niggeroonanese
ayy lmao

Kevin Phillips
Kevin Phillips

bots getting gets

William Richardson
William Richardson

NICE TRY YID THOSE DIGITS ARE THE WHITE MANS

Jordan Torres
Jordan Torres

SOMEONE UPLOAD THE PICTURES AND THEN LINK IT TO THE STEAM FORUMS

Jaxon Edwards
Jaxon Edwards

I'm conflicted. On one hand, I fucking hate beamdog with a burning passion and those pieces of shit should burn in hell for desecrating the IE games. On the other hand, making money off of vain idiots through cosmetics-only microtransactions is a perfectly acceptable business model to me. In the end, I still hate beamdog, so meh.

Asher Sanchez
Asher Sanchez

On the other hand, making money off of vain idiots through cosmetics-only microtransactions is a perfectly acceptable business model to me
This only means that you are going to see more and more of those practices in the future. There is no shortage of idiots to fleece and there never will be which is why you need to prevent them from being exploited in the first place.

Samuel Cook
Samuel Cook

which is why you need to prevent them from being exploited in the first place.
implying that mentality will happen the house of "just ignore it,lol"

Easton Ortiz
Easton Ortiz

I disagree. Artists in video game companies have it rough between projects since they tend to have more downtime than other departments. Cosmetic shit keeps the artists employed, brings in cash for the company and keeps the mouth drooling retards happy. As long as it's cosmetic only, there's no real problem. Or rather, as long as it's post launch cosmetic stuff; having on-disc on pre-sale cosmetic DLC is an insult.

Brody Nelson
Brody Nelson

dude, lmao what if the other party agrees as a result of peer pressure and social engineering, i'm a lolbertarian btw. les smok some weed mang, lmao

Carter Kelly
Carter Kelly

Artists in video game companies have it rough between projects since they tend to have more downtime than other departments
How the fuck is that having it rough?
They are paid a salary, not contracted payment.

Cosmetic shit keeps the artists employed, brings in cash for the company and keeps the mouth drooling retards happy
Companies don't fire their artists when their work on a single project is finished. What the fuck are you even talking about?
If the practice of microtransaction kikery was not allowed then the company would have to actually deliver a real game instead of this nickle and diming. This pretty much kills all cancerous developers.
Also,
Cosmetic shit keeps the artists employed
Is patently false because as the company becomes more and more reliant on microtransactions they can safely downsize with no hit to their margin. Activision-Blizzard has been doing this for the past few years. Microtransactions actively kill jobs.

Logan Hill
Logan Hill

sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_portraits.php

There. For all the millenials who don't know modding has been around for a while.

Brody Baker
Brody Baker

reported for mod piracy

Oliver Gray
Oliver Gray

But you can't pirate free things.

Nolan Gonzalez
Nolan Gonzalez

It's common (or was) for video game companies to fire their artists after being done with a major project. There's a plethora of interviews with project leads discussing the issues, especially in response to cosmetic DLCs. Not only artists, of course, but even in the better cases artists are the ones who run out of stuff to do first. So even companies who are big on employee retention need to have their art department doing something productive.

In any case, you're arguing from a position of complete ignorance. Go educate yourself.

David Morgan
David Morgan

Companies don't fire their artists when their work on a single project is finished. What the fuck are you even talking about?
Lmao, how new are you? They use/used to do this all the time with artists, writers and whatnot.

Ethan Morales
Ethan Morales

How is Planescape Enhanced? I'm thinking of replaying the game and I wonder if it's okay to pirate it. Does it have restored content in it?

Tyler Allen
Tyler Allen

pirated version with portrait pack:
cf3df929e173dad9e36366421aeb036dd598a478
not worth

Ryan Morris
Ryan Morris

Leftists sure love to rewrite history. Almost as much as niggers love to do it.

Ethan Peterson
Ethan Peterson

It's common (or was) for video game companies to fire their artists after being done with a major project
not for companies the size of beamdog.
That is something prevalent for companies like EA and Activision and despite kiking their games up with microtransactions, it hasn't changed one bit making your entire point moot.

So even companies who are big on employee retention need to have their art department doing something productive.
Which would be working on a new project if this greedy practice didn't exist.

Austin Brooks
Austin Brooks

That's fucking awful.
The first one is bad enough for only having two options that are the same thing, but why the fuck did they need to do that again ELEVEN times for the second one.

John Bailey
John Bailey

Reminder that these are the people that will eventually make Baldur's Gate 3.

Alexander Morris
Alexander Morris

Yeah, and modern Bioware still insists that the old blood is still there making Bioware games. Let them destroy the company they work for. Last I checked, I liked the games, not the company.

Noah Clark
Noah Clark

Beamdog specifically made sure to not change anything about the writing, so it's actually alright for once. They knew that pushing social justice shit in Planescape would be too much.

Jose Lopez
Jose Lopez

No option to *teleport behind you*?

Adam Hernandez
Adam Hernandez

Baldur's Gate 3.
implying they have enough shekels for that.

Asher Nguyen
Asher Nguyen

come over come over come over come over all your base are belong to us

Aiden Sanchez
Aiden Sanchez

second pic
all 11 options are the same dick removal fantasy

Why doesn't this 'woman' just go out and start stabbing FUCKING MEN like she clearly wants to rather than subjecting innocents to her poorly thought out textual slurry?

Jordan Phillips
Jordan Phillips

nothing is free on this life kiddo, beamdog is entitled to money for those "free" portraits because they made the game.

Nathan Reed
Nathan Reed

they made the game.
This is true, also true for Icewind Dale and Torment.

Hunter Ward
Hunter Ward

So, how are the new portraits?
Do they fit in as seamlessly with the old ones as Sephiroth and the main character's portraits from ?

Lucas Rivera
Lucas Rivera

Why is the guy in the top right listening to music from his iphone?

Jace Howard
Jace Howard

She doesn't own a knife since they're too phallic. She cuts her food with a sharpened spatula, since its rounded curves properly represent the sovereignty of the female form, from the breasts, to the vulva, to the rampant fat rolls. Nah, I'm just kidding, she unhinges her jaw and swallows her prey whole, then sleeps under an Olympic-sized heat lamp to digest.

Levi Scott
Levi Scott

451 products in account
has no idea what a single one is

Eli Fisher
Eli Fisher

Decide to try out BGEE back when it released
Hate the way the journal works becuase it feels like it was designed for tablets and phones
Quit after less than two hours and go back to using trilogy

I never even reached any of their donut steel characters and from what I've seen I dodged a bullet.

Isn't this from some mod and not Beamdog's shit?

Liam Cruz
Liam Cruz

You're point?

Ryan Turner
Ryan Turner

It isn't just that it's a ton of options that all say the same shit, it's also massively out of place in how it's written. It doesn't use any sophisticated vocabulary whatsoever, all the dialogue is something that could be written by a 90IQ high school drop out you drag in off the street.

I'll rewrite some of them for fun. I can't believe someone considers themselves a fucking WRITER with this shit. They should hire me or any Holla Forumsirgin instead.

<So you want to get in S's pants, eh? Why don't you…
Ah, you wish to bed S, do you? Mayhaps you'd like to converse with the last fellow who made an equally foolish attempt, though I doubt you're fluent in bovine/porcine/whateverthefuck.
<Salvanas, a wise man once said don't hit on X's girlfriend
As a wise man once said, "Try to win the fancy of S and you'll win your endless sleep."
Still cringe but an improvement anyway, it's a shit line

It all needs to be written with more sophistication and less rockbottom common parlance of the modern age.
An unwise decision that would be, my friend. You're more like to meet the point of my blade afore you meet her eager embrace, would that she would have you at all.
I'm afraid she's spoken for, although if it is intimate company you so find yourself wanting, I do have steel that would not be averse to making your acquaintance.

You get the idea. I cannot believe that shit is in a game. The word "girlfriend" should not exist anywhere in the script, nor "hit on" or "guy" or "oh, wait, [sarcastic shit]". This person is taking common speech you'd hear from the uneducated plebeians of San Francisco streets and slapping it on an artistic product venerated with time and besmirching it.
It's a graffiti artist putting their own hallmark on the Statue of David.

Jace Rodriguez
Jace Rodriguez

No, you are point.

Evan Flores
Evan Flores

Its a mod written by an autist, you tards. Saerileth is the best-known worst romance mod ever.
mods.chosenofmystra.net/saerileth/

Zachary Turner
Zachary Turner

remove drow.jpg
not a picture of crazy battle lusting dwarf

You had ONE job.

Lucas Young
Lucas Young

love pen & paper rpgs
over 3 years with no vidya
baldurs gate looks cool
missed original release
get EE's not knowing who beamdog is

<realize later on I just patronized pure undiluted cancer

James Butler
James Butler

two nautical miles of commendations attributed to random, pointless usernames no one knows or cares about
I hope the author fucking kills themselves.

Brody King
Brody King

mfw I bought the GOG version forever ago and have never given Beamdog a cent

Angel Clark
Angel Clark

instead gave it to ea/bioware

Joseph Russell
Joseph Russell

At least it was just EA/Bioware not EA/Bioware AND Beamdog.

Noah Lewis
Noah Lewis

Is that supposed to be good?

Colton Bennett
Colton Bennett

Charging fifteen burgerbucks to add KANGZ to Baldur's Gate so libtards can virtue signal
There will be people who buy it
Oh my God we live in clown world

Christian Bennett
Christian Bennett

And they both love exhuming the corpses of things greater than they will ever be or even pretend to be.

Hunter Miller
Hunter Miller

attacking statues and corpses
they sure love to go after things that don't fight back

Jacob James
Jacob James

SJWs still making money of other peoples works huh, fucking disgusting.

They fight back when they have police backup like in charlottesville :^)

Mason Foster
Mason Foster

They fight*

Thomas Morris
Thomas Morris

I'm struggling to think of a death slow and painful enough for them. I guess boiling them alive in human excrement will have to do for now.

Aaron Barnes
Aaron Barnes

a meaningless existence fueled by welfare isn't a slow and painful death enough?

Ayden Edwards
Ayden Edwards

Check out that honker

Austin Ortiz
Austin Ortiz

Not when it's my tax money that is fueling it, and not when their existence also shits up my vidya. I'd even settle for expedient extermination if it would get me rid of them.

Easton James
Easton James

Thanks Abraham Lincoln!

Alexander Wright
Alexander Wright

LOL

Zachary Perez
Zachary Perez

To be fair Lincoln wanted the niggers deported back to Africa.

Mason Mitchell
Mason Mitchell

kinda wish he did

Nicholas Young
Nicholas Young

read the thread

Anthony Nelson
Anthony Nelson

Ahead of it's time, really. Bioware writing would have gotten to this level in a few years if they hadn't just died of AIDS, they always knew their audience.

Christopher Anderson
Christopher Anderson

What the fuck is with these shitty renders? They've existed for years and every single time someone posts them I get completely assmad.

Connor Ramirez
Connor Ramirez

Make better ones then

Grayson Torres
Grayson Torres

Second pic
(Hold a blade under Sylvanas' privates and smile.) I can take the wind out of your sails, if you catch my meaning?
Brilliant, glorious and absolutely wonderful.

Mason Flores
Mason Flores

cuz they look weird without the in-game lighting methods.

Jackson White
Jackson White

Just imagine a BG3, imagine all the shit they would add to it today.

Cameron Phillips
Cameron Phillips

no archive link
Fake news, get out.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit