Daily News Thread 2/2

US military officials: Trump-ordered raid in Yemen that killed US Navy SEAL was approved 'without sufficient intelligence'

US military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support, or adequate backup preparations. As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced Al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger-than-expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.
businessinsider.com/us-military-officials-trump-ordered-raid-in-yemen-that-killed-us-navy-seal-was-approved-without-sufficient-intelligence-2017-2?r=UK&IR=T

H-1B: Why a new US visa bill is causing panic in India

A new bill introduced in the US House of Representatives proposes to limit the entry of highly-skilled workers into the country to stop companies "replacing" American workers.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-38828181

Left Party leader campaigns for SPD-Left-Green coalition in Germany

Gysi stated: “The European Union is about to destroy itself. Uncertainty in Germany is increasing and a third of the electorate now says: ‘We have to try this way’ (i.e. red-red-green). I hope Martin Schulz understands this.”
wsws.org/en/articles/2017/02/02/germ-f02.html

Young Britons more right-wing than previous generations, study says

Young people in Britain are more right-wing and authoritarian in their political views than previous generations, a new study of political attitudes has revealed.
sheffield.ac.uk/faculty/social-sciences/news/young-britons-more-right-wing-previous-generations-1.678149

Workers at Trump’s Washington hotel vote to join union, casting spotlight on potential conflicts

Workers at President Trump’s Washington hotel have voted to join one of America’s leading labor unions, setting the stage for potentially tense labor negotiations at one of Trump’s most high-profile businesses a few blocks from the White House.
washingtonpost.com/business/economy/workers-at-trumps-washington-hotel-vote-to-join-union-setting-stage-for-labor-duel/2017/01/31/2a0a08a4-e4d9-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.ad297d921dad

OP/EDs

Liberals On the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown

Dissecting the latest viral Trump conspiracy theories.
politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/liberals-on-the-edge-of-a-nervous-breakdown-214727

From Grocery Stores to Labor Unions, Cooperatives Were the Answer

Worker-ownership economics catch on in Ohio, Nevada, and North Carolina.
yesmagazine.org/issues/50-solutions/from-grocery-stores-to-labor-unions-cooperatives-were-the-answer-20170123

Why Do We Take Pride in Working for a Paycheck?

If you had to find a single statement that Americans from across the political spectrum can agree on, you might settle on “we need good jobs to give people a crucial sense of self-worth.” But here’s the thing: In historical terms, the pride we take in working for a paycheck is really new.
daily.jstor.org/why-do-we-take-pride-in-working-for-a-paycheck/

#DeleteUber, Delete Everything

Ethical consumerism is a mug’s game, one that can become mired in the kind of preening virtue-signaling represented by the #DeleteUber campaign.
thebaffler.com/blog/delete-everything-silverman

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/usa/376050-trump-australia-call-refugees/
rt.com/business/376026-iran-oil-prices-trump/
strategic-culture.org/news/2017/01/31/why-world-needs-watch-india-pakistan-nuclear-standoff.html
openculture.com/2015/02/how-martin-luther-king-jr-used-hegel-to-overturn-segregation-in-america.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Qty1xqvQBrA
strategic-culture.org/news/2017/01/30/middle-east-rapid-tectonic-changes-on-regional-chessboard.html
usatoday.com/story/news/2017/02/02/us-eases-some-economic-sanctions-against-russia/97399136/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
myvisajobs.com/Reports/2016-H1B-Visa-Sponsor.aspx
theintercept.com/2017/02/02/press-secretary-sean-spicer-falsely-accuses-iran-of-attacking-u-s-navy-vessel-an-act-of-war/
twitter.com/reuters/status/827247756557287425
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pepe saiko

Will Congress vote for it? I thought H-1Bs could be restricted by executive order anyway.

Congress is trying to head Trump off on this visa thing. That bill was probably written by corporate lobbyists.

And dozens of civilians, including al-Awlaki's 8 year old daughter

Doing God's work

Yeah but Obama did that too, so who cares lol.

Oh boy, I can't wait to bring this up at work.

Next up: a bill demanding tech support gimps have an American accent.

Trump hangs up on Australian Prime Minister
rt.com/usa/376050-trump-australia-call-refugees/

US war drums over Iran cause oil prices to spike
rt.com/business/376026-iran-oil-prices-trump/

why are brits classcucked out of their asses?

This is exactly what the oil barons want, right? High oil prices.

They will get that by any means necessary.

Pakistan-India standoff worsens

strategic-culture.org/news/2017/01/31/why-world-needs-watch-india-pakistan-nuclear-standoff.html

Holla Forums talks about this all the time and how they are winning over the young people. Though, if you read it says:

So basically younger generations are becoming more lolbergs than stormfags.

Good.

This was bound to happen with Trump. He can't win them all.

Yup, a lot of people think the Trump administration will try to stabilize the ME due to Tillerson and his oil interests there
I think the opposite, especially given that Iraq is fully orienting towards Iran, and that could put western oil interests in danger

Let's be realistic here.

Was he really a Hegelian?

yup

openculture.com/2015/02/how-martin-luther-king-jr-used-hegel-to-overturn-segregation-in-america.html

I thought the H-1B visas were only a thing because the way American higher education works makes it hard for murricans to get a degree, not because foreigners are paid less or something.
Is Trump going get rid of student debt or something? because murrican universities simply don't produce enough high skilled all american workers to satisfy the market's demand.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qty1xqvQBrA

Unlikely with his cabinet full of goldman sachs people. They profit off of all that student debt.

It's actually opposite. It's super easy to get a degree in America, and there's a glut of college-educated people who can't get jobs. Even STEM degree'd people. H1-Bs and other work visas are used by companies to bring in foreign labor and suppress wages. There's a lot out there on how these visa-holders are mistreated and overworked, too, and the workers can't/won't complain because the company will just jerk their visa and send them back.

Trump threatens UC-B with pulling Federal Funding

No they are, and if they disagree they get threatened with deportation/having visas revoked

Naw, we shit out people with degrees like no one else, its to the point where STEM isn't a safe bet for getting a job

I doubt Goldman has a lot in student loans, most student loans are tied up with the federal government and less are tied to private banks

I know I shouldn't but as a non-American I can't help but laugh at this man

Federal Funding for what? Grants?

at what point does he start nukeposting on his twitter account

better yet, when does it get hacked

Now that you mention it, I'd say it's a given that a Reddit admin will slip the account to some troll.

reddit admins have access to trump's twitter?

I hope the guy that died was a trump supporter, people who voted for trump deserve to go die in a war he starts

I can't wait to watch Us become 3rd world, far too many worthless nationalists live off that

probably just from being exposed to it so much

If Obama had signed off on a poorly planned raid that got a Navy SEAL killed, it would be repeated every hour on the hour on Fox News for weeks.

Whoops, meant Twitter admins. These social media dumpster fires kinda meld together.

Exactly, really makes you think

t. Hilldawg

Egyptian pivot in the Middle East

strategic-culture.org/news/2017/01/30/middle-east-rapid-tectonic-changes-on-regional-chessboard.html

Economic Sanctions against Russia eased, liberals cry treason

usatoday.com/story/news/2017/02/02/us-eases-some-economic-sanctions-against-russia/97399136/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

thank God.

Odds are it was written by the tech industry. Don't hold your breath.

Well duh.

syndicalism is seriously the only viable ideology right now, its no wonder cointelpro supresses it so hard on here

That's what it sounds like

myvisajobs.com/Reports/2016-H1B-Visa-Sponsor.aspx
H1B gets paid in peanuts compared to what an American would do for this.
Over half of it it's actually assigned to people from India and it's likely that a lot of them are related to banking.

One thing you must know about banking IT infrastructure, it's shit. It's a fucking mess that only gets around by spending more money adding more infrastructure that is going to fail, hoping it doesn't fail at the same time.

Also, you must understand that the only ones that are capable of supporting that kind of infrastructure are the indians. Don't get me wrong, is not that they're the best, but I believe they're so used to a shitty environment that they actually can shrug off most of the issues. Mexican and Chinesse are pretty far behind to have that kind of endurance.
But still, even they have a limit, working overshit during night hours is not so cost effective because of the higher wages and high personnel rotation, even in India. That's why a lot of these jobs are being sent to Mexico (because of the shared timezone, it's more cost effective).

Either way, if Trump attacks the H1B visas and relationships with Mexico are damaged, Wall Street is going to suffer. It's likely that Trump indeed attacks the H1B visa program because it's more visible, and those jobs will go to Mexico without too much fuzz. Either way, I'll enjoy this.

Okay the Mexico hissyfit was one thing, but aggro'ing Straya proves he's a complete crackhead when it comes to diplomacy assuming this isn't RT making up bullshit.

'on notice' is one of the faggiest, most pretentious phrases ever and I hate what it and all the other inane buzzwords the mass media uses are doing to the English language.

Haha, my nation is supplying the RIDF

This fuckwit is going to war with Iran. Guaranteed.

theintercept.com/2017/02/02/press-secretary-sean-spicer-falsely-accuses-iran-of-attacking-u-s-navy-vessel-an-act-of-war/

Is this the part where Trump gets assassinated and Pence reveals himself to be LBJ 2.0?

Anyone could have told you that, Trump ranted about Iran during his campaign and not to go full Holla Forums, but he is surrounded by zionists, especially Kushner and Bannon who probably have the most influence in the white house
The only people surprised are Holla Forums since they projected their beliefs onto Trump

That's a meme spread by oblivious journalists with Zuckerberg's dick in their mouths

twitter.com/reuters/status/827247756557287425

Who gives a shit

Greater Israel when?